PDA

View Full Version : Cummings sold for less than a million??

Aaron
02-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Don't know if this has been posted but apparently Jason was sold for less than a million in today's Daily Record. Surely that can't be true...........

Mark Warburton has claimed Nottingham Forest snapped up Hibs ace Jason Cummings for LESS than £1million.

That’s despite Hibs rejecting an offer for the 21-year-old from Peterborough worth up to £1.7 million last summer. Warburton’s comments will raise a few eyebrows down Leith way. He said:

"That (£1m) figure is wide of the mark, it was not that much money. We will not reveal what it was, but it was not at that level." said Warburton

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-10723492

marinello59
02-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Warburton's a fanny. That's all we need to know.

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Baldy prick talks sheit

Or at least I hope so :worried:

where'stheslope
02-07-2017, 02:50 PM
We just need till next years accounts for the truth!!!!

02-07-2017, 03:08 PM
He's on the wind up because of the Warburton song. Maybe only bought Jason to get his revenge.

02-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I would be extremely dissapointed if we sold our top goal scorer and one of our brightest talents for less than £1m. I would also be very surprised, Leeann Dempster is not stupid nor would she let us be bullied into selling for peanuts.

HibbySpurs
02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Sadly, what reason does Warburton have to lie? If he's quoted as saying that then it's likely true.... if so I'm disappointed in the board and feel the club has been sold short on this one.

HoboHarry
02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Sadly, what reason does Warburton have to lie? If he's quoted as saying that then it's likely true.... if so I'm disappointed in the board and feel the club has been sold short on this one.

Gotcha, one persons statement is good enough to condemn Hibs with no corroborating evidence. That's the spirit......

Marco G
02-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Maybe read the other threads from a few days ago for the rest of the story before being disappointed ?..

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Pete
02-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Maybe the player and his representatives insisted on a low release clause. Maybe it was that or nothing?

Let's not use this as a stick to beat the board with without knowing all the facts.

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Maybe the player and his representatives insisted on a low release clause. Maybe it was that or nothing?

Let's not use this as a stick to beat the board with without knowing all the facts.

We rejected 1.7m last summer but yes it's very possible that he had a release clause in the event of promotion

Pescarese
02-07-2017, 03:24 PM
I'd ask what reason the paper it's reported in has for lying? It's got its reputation for quality journalism to maintain. Oh wait ...

Viva_Palmeiras
02-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Posturing. All part of the "I didn't get in the City where I am today" by showing my hand to early...
All part of the negotiating game - you reveal exactly what you want others to "know"

Deansy
02-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Shocker - yet another non-positive thread .....................

weecounty hibby
02-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Hmmmm, who to believe Warburton and the Daily Ranger or every other news outlet that reported the story. Remember he and the Record have previous. The days and weeks after 21st May 2016 tell you all you need to know about the integrity and truthfulness of these two

lyonhibs
02-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Ultimately, who cares? He's gone, no longer a Hibs player, ciao. Got us some money, leaves a legend, we look forward and move on.

Simples

KWJ
02-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Could be less then a mil up front with a heap of add ons and a decent sell on fee.

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Ultimately, who cares? He's gone, no longer a Hibs player, ciao. Got us some money, leaves a legend, we look forward and move on.

Simples

Well I care since any fee can directly be used to sign other players

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Simples

I agree. I also think he went for less than a million, but I don't care. He stayed last season and played a huge part in getting us promoted, that's all that matters.

Pete
02-07-2017, 03:46 PM
We rejected 1.7m last summer but yes it's very possible that he had a release clause in the event of promotion

Perhaps, as getting out of the league was our main priority which Jason helped us do.

If it was under a million, If it was 500k, it shouldn't matter. The player and ourselves obviously had an agreement they were both happy with if this was the case and Jase fulfilled his side of the bargain. The goals, the performances, the stuff he brought to the dressing room and the Hearts hammering were worth his wages alone.

I hope this doesn't turn into an episode where the internet twists it into Jason shafting us or the board suddenly turning into idiots. Saying that, it is silly season. :-D

Pete
02-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I agree. I also think he went for less than a million, but I don't care. He stayed last season and played a huge part in getting us promoted, that's all that matters.

:agree:

People will no doubt take figures at face value and jump to conclusions.

I trust our club and Jase is a legend. End of story.

portyhibernian
02-07-2017, 03:53 PM
The club will have done all it can to get as much as possible I'm sure. Sadly the position we were in last year with Cummings contract meant he held all the aces, and it's possible that we did get less than we would have liked because of a release clause or some other agreement about where he stood after promotion.

Lago
02-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Have we not already had an extensive thread on this subject or am I suffering from ground hog day???

Mikey09
02-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Some Hibs fans love to moan and whine about every ****ing thing! This has already been done. At least moan about something new ffs.

Tonez
02-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Wonder what % sell on fee is inserted into this deal.

Marco G
02-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Have we not already had an extensive thread on this subject or am I suffering from ground hog day???
That's what I said , for more info read the loads of posts on the earlier thread! Now it seems like deja vu all over again. (Think I pinched that from a thread here as well)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
02-07-2017, 04:38 PM
We don't know but what we do know is our Board is not stupid and will have got the best price they thought possible.

It will depend on Jason's contract. Remember the Board did get him to sign a four year deal and in this day and age no young player would do that without options to cash in or share the benefit. We could have lost him for nought without that. If there was no such clause there is no way we would have sold him for so little but if we hadn't got him to sign in the first place we would not have had all his goals and ones in key games. To get him to sign at all was an achievement.

We will find out when the accounts come up but I wouldn't be too critical here. More important how do we replace 20 odd goals.....

RossScott1991
02-07-2017, 04:52 PM
I'd ask what reason the paper it's reported in has for lying? It's got its reputation for quality journalism to maintain. Oh wait ...

It was originally reported in Nottingham local paper first. Some people are seriously deluding themselves if they think "warburton is lying" - I really doubt when he is interviewed by Nottingham local papers he is really thinking "let's wind up hibs". Incredible how many of you really just can't fathom the thought of us actually getting less than 1 million for JC. If he is spraffing then it's for Nottingham forest fans purpose he's lying too just in case it doesn't work out as a good signing for him.

CMurdoch
02-07-2017, 04:54 PM
The board will have done the best deal possible for our club.

The £1.7 million offer from Peterborough would have been for less than £1 million up front plus loads of conditional add on's including guff ones life £500k if they got promoted that season etc etc. so not so good an offer after all.

On the flip side I suspect there will be lots of add on's on the Notts Forest deal which our board have insisted on including the good **** like sell on fees, first refusal if he doesn't make it etc, etc.

Jason and his agent will have made an agreement with Hibs last close season to stay for another year in exchange for a sensible release clause. Everybody won and we will not have done worse from Notts Forest deal than we would have from Peterborough.

Malthibby
02-07-2017, 05:03 PM

The £1.7 million offer from Peterborough would have been for less than £1 million up front plus loads of conditional add on's including guff ones life £500k if they got promoted that season etc etc. so not so good an offer after all.

On the flip side I suspect there will be lots of add on's on the Notts Forest deal which our board have insisted on including the good **** like sell on fees, first refusal if he doesn't make it etc, etc.

Jason and his agent will have made an agreement with Hibs last close season to stay for another year in exchange for a sensible release clause. Everybody won and we will not have done worse from Notts Forest deal than we would have from Peterborough.

Oo'er, rational & sensible. It'll no' catch on.
GG

GreenLake
02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
There is a 62.07% sell on fee

Newcastlehibby
02-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Can you be more specific please? :greengrin:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-07-2017, 05:22 PM
No real problems. The bean counters will know that the deal went through with the best interests of the club being the only criteria. Other teams who we may want to buy players from however, may be thinking twice about upping any fee.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2017, 05:26 PM
I would be surprised and extremely disappointed if we've sold him for "much less than £1 million".

Bostonhibby
02-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Two forest fans I know have both independently said the talk around Nottingham is £1.8m.

As an aside, one of them said he met the warbler at an after match event and thought he talked a lot of nonsense. I emailed him the link to the Warburton song.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

matty_f
02-07-2017, 05:52 PM
It was originally reported in Nottingham local paper first. Some people are seriously deluding themselves if they think "warburton is lying" - I really doubt when he is interviewed by Nottingham local papers he is really thinking "let's wind up hibs". Incredible how many of you really just can't fathom the thought of us actually getting less than 1 million for JC. If he is spraffing then it's for Nottingham forest fans purpose he's lying too just in case it doesn't work out as a good signing for him.

Why are people deluding themselves? Managers lie all the time, consistently spinning things or outright lying. Why would Warburton be any different? He has previous for it.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 06:27 PM
JC was defo sold for less than £1mil. I would be shocked if it was even as much as £750k. The peterbourgh deal last season was a nonsense. £300k upfront and loads of add ons IF he played and scored. He signed his deal last season on the basis he could leave this season and wouldnt be stuck at Hibs if teams didnt match Hibs valuation. Its the only way he would sign. He signed because he wanted to get promotion AND get his move after. Fair play...he could've walked but didnt. We got 20+ goals, promotion and just over £500k for him...good deal!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

livi hibs 1875
02-07-2017, 06:39 PM
JC was defo sold for less than £1mil. I would be shocked if it was even as much as £750k. The peterbourgh deal last season was a nonsense. £300k upfront and loads of add ons IF he played and scored. He signed his deal last season on the basis he could leave this season and wouldnt be stuck at Hibs if teams didnt match Hibs valuation. Its the only way he would sign. He signed because he wanted to get promotion AND get his move after. Fair play...he could've walked but didnt. We got 20+ goals, promotion and just over £500k for him...good deal!

1 million , 750k and then down again to just over 500k all in one message, you sound delighted if this was true

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 06:43 PM

What you've just said makes no sense, it flies in the face of the market rate.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 06:43 PM
1 million , 750k and then down again to just over 500k all in one message, you sound delighted if this was true
Less than 1mil. Surprised if it was as much as 750k. More likely to be just over 500k. Just to clarify.
I am delighted! Delighted for him. Great oppertunity. Scored loads of important goals and got us a good transfer fee. Win win!

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 06:46 PM
What you've just said makes no sense, it flies in the face of the market rate.
It might not make sense...but its true. Nowhere near 1mil...much much closer to 500k. Would only sign a deal if he was allowed to go at end of season. Hibs wanted to keep him and were happy with that arrangement

Captain Trips
02-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Anything under £1m IMO is a total rip off even with add ons. Not to say any truth in it though just my thoughts if was under £1m.

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 06:50 PM
It might not make sense...but its true. Nowhere near 1mil...much much closer to 500k. Would only sign a deal if he was allowed to go at end of season. Hibs wanted to keep him and were happy with that arrangement

Repeating yourself doesn't make you any more credible.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Anything under £1m IMO is a total rip off even with add ons. Not to say any truth in it though just my thoughts if was under £1m.
I agree with you...but that was the agreement between them. A gentlemans agreement if you like. Sign on and leave at the end of season. He knows he will get game time at forest as waburf*nny is a fan...so its a move that works

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Repeating yourself doesn't make you any more credible.
I felt i had to repeat myself. You dont need to think im credible or not. That doesnt matter to me. I just know thats the case. That was the deal. If you dont want to agree then i respect that

Viva_Palmeiras
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM

70.62% of posters agree - coincidentally the same % of stats that are just made up.

livi hibs 1875
02-07-2017, 06:59 PM
I felt i had to repeat myself. You dont need to think im credible or not. That doesnt matter to me. I just know thats the case. That was the deal. If you dont want to agree then i respect that

I'm sure if we counted back your posts ,you must have felt you had had to repeat over and over and over ............

emerald green
02-07-2017, 06:59 PM
So, to sum up, nobody posting on this forum actually knows how much Cummings was sold for, how much was actually paid "up front", what add ons or sell on clauses were included in the transaction.

It's all pure speculation and/or guesswork. Unless they were party to the private, and presumably confidential, discussions and negotiations.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:04 PM
So, to sum up, nobody posting on this forum actually knows how much Cummings was sold for, how much was actually paid "up front", what add ons or sell on clauses were included in the transaction.

It's all pure speculation and/or guesswork. Unless they were party to the private, and presumably confidential, discussions and negotiations.
I 100% know it was not £1mil as its been reported. Exact figures have not been mentioned but iv been led to believe its closer to £500k than £1mil. As for add ons...i didnt think to ask so dont know.

Tamhere1875
How much did Jason cost us ....zilch. So any ££££ we got for him is money in the bank. End off.

Onion

He's a Hun and he cannot help it. Still smarting from the indignity of 21 May 2016.

emerald green
02-07-2017, 07:06 PM
How much did Jason cost us ....zilch. So any ££££ we got for him is money in the bank. End off.

No it's not. Cummings has to be replaced and natural goalscorers tend to cost money.

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
I 100% know it was not £1mil as its been reported. Exact figures have not been mentioned but iv been led to believe its closer to £500k than £1mil. As for add ons...i didnt think to ask so dont know.

Boy at barstool still saying the same thing, his pals have sneaked out the exit but he's none the wiser.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Boy at barstool still saying the same thing, his pals have sneaked out the exit but he's none the wiser.
No worries

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:08 PM
It will all come out in the wash

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 07:09 PM
It will all come out in the wash

One in the hands worth two in the bush

marleyhib
02-07-2017, 07:11 PM
The bread man is still hurting

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:11 PM
One in the hands worth two in the bush
Two wrongs dont make a right

livi hibs 1875
02-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Two wrongs dont make a right

If it smells like ****, and it looks like **** , it's probably ****

emerald green
02-07-2017, 07:14 PM

How do you know? Who "led you to believe"? Where was it £1m "as its been reported". All sorts of ill informed figures have been getting bandied about.

Next you'll be saying you can't reveal your sources. :rolleyes: Sniff sniff.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:19 PM
If it smells like ****, and it looks like **** , it's probably ****
If you were twice as smart as you are, you'd be half as smart as you think you are

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:22 PM
How do you know? Who "led you to believe"? Where was it £1m "as its been reported". All sorts of ill informed figures have been getting bandied about.

Next you'll be saying you can't reveal your sources. :rolleyes: Sniff sniff.
This is the great thing about a forum...everyone can say what they like. Whether you agree or disagree doesnt really matter. I know what i was privy to and if you think im a bullsh*tter then thats your choice and im fine with that

MKHIBEE
02-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Brightened up my evening reading this thread. Dont you just love Hibs.net?

Lago
02-07-2017, 07:27 PM

You seem to be hedging your bets now, as someone else said no one out with the 2 clubs know what the exact deal was.

emerald green
02-07-2017, 07:28 PM
This is the great thing about a forum...everyone can say what they like. Whether you agree or disagree doesnt really matter. I know what i was privy to and if you think im a bullsh*tter then thats your choice and im fine with that

Not quite. Everyone can say what they like, within the rules.

I'm glad you're fine with me thinking you're a bull****er. I'll sleep soundly now tonight knowing that.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:29 PM
You seem to be hedging your bets now, as someone else said no one out with the 2 clubs know what the exact deal was.
You're right...i dont know the exact details and i never said i did. Im not hedging. I do know though that its nearer £500k

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
You're right...i dont know the exact details and i never said i did. Im not hedging. I do know though that its nearer £500k

:faf: I know, you told us a number of times now. Your job is done.

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:34 PM

I'm glad you're fine with me thinking you're a bull****er. I'll sleep soundly now tonight knowing that.
Great! Glad iv helped

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:35 PM
:faf: I know, you told us a number of times now. Your job is done.
Yes and i was replying to the poster...not you

emerald green
02-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Great! Glad iv helped

:zzzzz!::bye:

Flyingwaitor
02-07-2017, 07:41 PM
:zzzzz!::bye:
Night night

Mick O'Rourke
02-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Maybe some will be "annoyed" if Jason left for a figure less than Peterborough allegedly offered for him last year.

Although the club stated "undisclosed fee" on his move to NF, i personally would have thought the fee would be similar/close to what Peterborough offered.
The upside is that Jason could have left the club a free agent had Neil not sat him down to extend his contract.
Neil did a good job then keeping Jason at the club.
Jason did a good job last season with 20 odd goals for the club.

The club got promotion and a fee for Jason(whatever the amount)
What is more important now ,is that Neil gets that cash to spend ....Pronto !!

SMAXXA
02-07-2017, 08:12 PM
No even going to read this thread as long as we got something substantial in rather than he left for hee haw thats fine by me

Smartie
02-07-2017, 08:18 PM
I'm pleased he stayed, helped us to promotion and to knock Hearts out the cup again.

I'm pleased we didn't lose him for nowt.

I'm not going to wet my pants if we didn't get quite as much for him as we might have liked.

OxoHibby
02-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Perhaps, as getting out of the league was our main priority which Jason helped us do.

If it was under a million, If it was 500k, it shouldn't matter. The player and ourselves obviously had an agreement they were both happy with if this was the case and Jase fulfilled his side of the bargain. The goals, the performances, the stuff he brought to the dressing room and the Hearts hammering were worth his wages alone.

I hope this doesn't turn into an episode where the internet twists it into Jason shafting us or the board suddenly turning into idiots. Saying that, it is silly season. :-D

Reading between the lines LeAnn pretty much said this. 1 year extension and knocking back Peterborough were all about helping to get us out of the championship which he did. Whatever fee we got was and nothing but let's say 900k is better than nowt next summer

MrSmith
02-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Same reason he never congratulated us upon winning the Scottish Cup and about being sacked from sevco.

MrSmith
02-07-2017, 08:26 PM

I know you're wrong mate! Brokeback looking for a £3mil cash cow though 👍

Joe6-2
02-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Lying loser, bastrd

Ryan69
02-07-2017, 08:31 PM
as much as I hate Warburton...I would tend to believe what he says inregard to a player he has bought!

If this is the case however....I feel betrayed by our club!

unles we have Stokes,Hooper and the guy from Cambridge....I'm gonna be extremely disappointed in OUR supposed club!

hibsbollah
02-07-2017, 08:32 PM
as much as I hate Warburton...I would tend to believe what he says inregard to a player he has bought!

unles we have Stokes,Hooper and the guy from Cambridge....I'm gonna be extremely disappointed in OUR supposed club!

Oh my good god

MrSmith
02-07-2017, 08:33 PM

Total and complete jumbo!

MrSmith
02-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Oh my good god
You know me mate, I'm an atheist and feeling tonight like I can't hold back my feelings lol 😂

livi hibs 1875
02-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Oh my good god

No another one lol lol lol

Mick O'Rourke
02-07-2017, 08:41 PM
On Warbo the Magnifico

I wonder if his attitude would have all been different if it were not for the excuse of the "Exuberance Invasion",
that he said so threatened the wellbeing of all his players and staff?
Once the fans were all back on the terraces, what was his excuse not to come out to receive runners up medals and wish the Hibernian team and management well?
We will never know.... until he writes his memoirs!

He lost his magic hat that great day.
A day he was certain that his club would win the second biggest prize in Scottish Football.

Maybe Jason can show him his Scottish cup medal
Or maybe not.... Jason might end up on the transfer list

Lets hope that this coming season, we can snaffle Pedro's Sombrero!

Final thoughts on Jason.
Good luck to him in the future.
Not so long ago he was playing for Hutchie Vale, after the not so noisy neighbours deemed him surplus to requirements.

Did they get that all so terribly wrong !

weecounty hibby
02-07-2017, 08:46 PM

FFS!!!! What the **** is wrong with people? The season can't start quick enough, some of the stuff on here just now is mental.

Mick O'Rourke
02-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Look on the bright side

It could all be worse.
We dont have to sell owls,bathtubs and turnstiles.

neil7908
02-07-2017, 09:10 PM
I have no idea what Jason went for, zero inside information and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

However I'm most definitely keen to know what the actual figure is and can't understand those who dismiss this as unimportant.

If the club have done a deal with Jason last summer to get him to sign a contract that's fine, I would actually be pleased to see that we prioritised promotion over a payday, something we've been accused of failing at in the past.

But how much money we've received for our top scorer is clearly important. We're not Real Madrid or Manchester City, we don't have huge amounts of money to spend on players. From the low to high end of the scale being quoted (£500k to £1.8m) is a difference of £1.3m, a huge sum to a club our size. That could fund a couple of signings, pay off some of our debt etc.

So regardless of the reasons behind it, I'd really like to know!

FitbaFolkKen
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM

This is the best one yet!

Betrayal and disappointment in our club because of Warburton's words? Better make sure we sign the striker that is on 30k a week to counteract that to keep Ryan69 happy!

I think we got spoiled with a couple of early signings. If Swanson, Murray, Marciano and Ambrose had been announced this week hibs net would be going mental saying what great business we have done.

Criswell
02-07-2017, 09:17 PM
If its true that he was sold for "nowhere near a million" no wonder the board stated undisclosed fee. Very disappointing!

Sammy7nil
02-07-2017, 09:33 PM
I have no idea what Jason went for, zero inside information and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

However I'm most definitely keen to know what the actual figure is and can't understand those who dismiss this as unimportant.

If the club have done a deal with Jason last summer to get him to sign a contract that's fine, I would actually be pleased to see that we prioritised promotion over a payday, something we've been accused of failing at in the past.

But how much money we've received for our top scorer is clearly important. We're not Real Madrid or Manchester City, we don't have huge amounts of money to spend on players. From the low to high end of the scale being quoted (£500k to £1.8m) is a difference of £1.3m, a huge sum to a club our size. That could fund a couple of signings, pay off some of our debt etc.

So regardless of the reasons behind it, I'd really like to know!

Yip I agree Jason or the club can blow this out the water or let it fester like Thomson's move to the real Rangers. Only for him to come our ten years too late to say that was pish.

If it is Correct so what just tell to the truth fans will respect you for it regardless so long as there is a reason.

jacomo
02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Why are people deluding themselves? Managers lie all the time, consistently spinning things or outright lying. Why would Warburton be any different? He has previous for it.

:agree:

Football managers use the media for their own advantage if they can. And we all know Warburton has little moral integrity.

We should all stop worrying about this fake news.

Hibs are not naive negotiators.

SirDavidsNapper
02-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Respectfully, Warburtons a fanny. With respect.

CMurdoch
02-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Oo'er, rational & sensible. It'll no' catch on.
GG

Thank you kind Sir.
Have you seen the raving since said sensible post on page 1.
People forget that Rod Petrie wouldnae give you the steam of his ***** for free.
He will have got us the best deal possible in the prevailing circumstances.

Captain Trips
02-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Thank you kind Sir.
People forget that Rod Petrie wouldnae give you the steam of his ***** for free.

Regardless about best deal an opinion is an opinion and for me judging him on his ability and ability alone under £1m is a steal under £2m is a bargain.

Yeah im sure there maybe many factors at play clauses etc does not mean I personally think he is worth what the clause if there is one was.

silverhibee
02-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Thank you kind Sir.

Don't you mean Leeann Dempster.

CMurdoch
02-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Regardless about best deal an opinion is an opinion and for me judging him on his ability and ability alone under £1m is a steal under £2m is a bargain.

Yeah im sure there maybe many factors at play clauses etc does not mean I personally think he is worth what the clause if there is one was.

I think Cummings was worth £2 million but circumstances mean you don't always get what your player is worth.
Look at Dembele moving to Celtic for £500k last season. Fulham must have been majorly pissed off but thats the way it played out.

CMurdoch
02-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Don't you mean Leeann Dempster.

probably, but we all know our execs are not idiots and will have done the best possible deal for Hibs in the circustances.

cammy1969
02-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Thanks for posting this saved me from typing almost everything you've said the £1.7 million last year would have been with all add ons being meet. The bread mans prob correct not paid 1 mil fee but with add ons reached price will rise.

One thing we are premier league at is selling players at best deals for us I think the jas deal will help us sing good players as they see we are honest and won't hold back if a fair offer is offered for player. I have never seen any player slate rod over there transfer gary o Kevin t being two the club played ball unlike a lot of clubs do.
a good agent has the clubs over a barrel these days am sure there's one on here who post forgot his name he told some add ons he would have put on jJC's transfer imo clubs should maybe have agents to negotiate for them in transfers what a player is worth and what clubs get are so wide apart imo john mcginn properly going to be an example. Anyway rant over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ryan69
02-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Total and complete jumbo!

If you believe someone that scored 20+ goals for 3 seasons should be allowed tobe sold for less than 1 million...Sorry,but your the Jumbo!

I get the fact that players want to move to a higher level in all.

If he stayed or if he went....within a year he will be an internationalist.

If you don't recognize that....You sir are a buffoon!

Forza Fred
03-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Right away I'll say I have no idea how much JC went for.

However it would NOT surprise me if it was less than one million.

Selling club's supporters tend to value their players much higher than what the 'market' does.......it's a bit like selling a house.

How many times on reality to have you seen an owner value his house at an unreasonable price, only to be knocked down or left with it?

Jason is a good, not great, striker who has yet to prove himself in what the English market see as a 'top' league.

He WILL improve, but there is a question mark over by how much.

Incidentally, as an example of differing valuations, but this time in reverse, some Cambridge fans have reacted to our alleged bid of 250k for Berry, as being 'insulting' or 'a joke'

connerg
03-07-2017, 01:55 AM
If you believe someone that scored 20+ goals for 3 seasons should be allowed tobe sold for less than 1 million...Sorry,but your the Jumbo!

I get the fact that players want to move to a higher level in all.

If he stayed or if he went....within a year he will be an internationalist.

If you don't recognize that....You sir are a buffoon!

He is a Scottish First Division player. He has never played or scored in the SPL, apart from the first play-off game against Hamilton. Warburton know's this.

Negotiations, from Forrest, will start low then it's up to LD/RP to get a better deal.

Fuzzywuzzy
03-07-2017, 06:32 AM
What will be interesting is if forest are in for Barrie McKay how much he goes for. JC has achieved more, granted in different roles, but moan tae **** min. They wanted £6m for the ****er not that long ago.

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 06:56 AM
What will be interesting is if forest are in for Barrie McKay how much he goes for. JC has achieved more, granted in different roles, but moan tae **** min. They wanted £6m for the ****er not that long ago.

Given he's achieved less in the game, has less to do on his contract and there is no love lost between Warburton and King I can't see it being my more, if anything this article is a precursor to a low bid going in.

J-C
03-07-2017, 06:58 AM
I think people are forgetting that Jason would've been out of contract this season and had gone for nothing, LD and Lennon persuaded him to sign an extension so we got something back for our investment, unfortunately Jason and his agent demanded a buy out clause which we had to agree to or he wouldn't sign the new deal, Hibs hands were tied, better something than nothing at all.

Jack
03-07-2017, 07:03 AM
He is a Scottish First Division player. He has never played or scored in the SPL, apart from the first play-off game against Hamilton. Warburton know's this.

Negotiations, from Forrest, will start low then it's up to LD/RP to get a better deal.

Well not really.

Hibs were under no pressure to sell to anyone, never mind NF with the window not even opened.

So it would be up to them to come up with an offer that met our evaluation of the player and discourage other clubs joining a bidding war.

NF would have been aware of the £1.7m bid last season.

JimBHibees
03-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Well not really.

Hibs were under no pressure to sell to anyone, never mind NF with the window not even opened.

So it would be up to them to come up with an offer that met our evaluation of the player and discourage other clubs joining a bidding war.

NF would have been aware of the £1.7m bid last season.

Unless a release clause was agreed.

mjhibby
03-07-2017, 07:06 AM

I will reiterate again that Jason was allowed to speak to forest as they matched the fee that had to be offered as agreed in his last contract. Does anybody think that would have been a fee that the bread man is spinning. Do you think Ld or Jason for that matter would have agreed to such a low figure. Guido no believe the bread man. I doubt also the bread Man knows the whole ins and outs of Jasons deal. Maybe he's playing with words and it's £800,000 up front with staged payments which is how most transfers happened. The Nottingham press and Notts supporters understand the final fee will be £1.8m. That's will be with add ons. Plus I'm sure there will be a sell on clause. Until we actually see the accounts anybody can make up any figure and those who love to bash hibs will do. It's irrelevant anyway now as he's gone and the recruitment drive goes on.

mjhibby
03-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Also with the crowds we had last season,the season tickets sales this season and getting to the Scottish cup semi final means we are in a cracking position to compete for good players. The fact that we have paid a fee for Marciano and offered a fee for luke berry shows we are stronger financially than we have been for years. We are seen as a threat now by the jumbos,sevco,the dons and the weedgie press and they will take great pleasure in attacking us. Remember Nl was on hols when we merely enquired about Lafferty. Keith Gillespie would have intimated Lafferty was interested in speaking to us. So I don't think it was part of our recruitment plan.

Jack
03-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Unless a release clause was agreed.

I've no doubt a release clause was included. It still doesn't mean Hibs would need to sell on the first offer that came in that matched it. At the very least Hibs could have spun it out a bit courting other offers.

Blaster
03-07-2017, 07:23 AM
I've no doubt a release clause was included. It still doesn't mean Hibs would need to sell on the first offer that came in that matched it. At the very least Hibs could have spun it out a bit courting other offers.

You really don't understand the concept of a release clause do you

Jack
03-07-2017, 07:36 AM
You really don't understand the concept of a release clause do you

Yeah. The player is released on it being matched by anyone. That doesn't necessarily mean the first club that matches it if a number of offers were to come in.

Blaster
03-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Yeah. The player is released on it being matched by anyone. That doesn't necessarily mean the first club that matches it if a number of offers were to come in.

Once it's matched it's out of the clubs hands and up to the player if he wants to go there or not

Heisenberg
03-07-2017, 07:40 AM

Hibs couldn't have done a thing. If the release clause was met then Cummings can speak to that club and move on if he wishes. Otherwise, what would be the point in this kind of clause? We could still have kept him no matter what, just keep saying we want to wait for other bids. Once the clause is met it's all down to the player.

green with envy
03-07-2017, 07:43 AM

Care to elaborate:confused::confused::confused:

Jack
03-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Once it's matched it's out of the clubs hands and up to the player if he wants to go there or not

So only one club would ever match the buy out clause figure, other clubs aren't allowed to bid and the club aren't allowed to "encourage" other bids for the player?

Michael
03-07-2017, 08:03 AM
So only one club would ever match the buy out clause figure, other clubs aren't allowed to bid and the club aren't allowed to "encourage" other bids for the player?

Not much point as the fee is capped at the release clause.

Andy74
03-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Christ, not again.

confused
03-07-2017, 08:45 AM
He is gone , away , ta-ta , he won't be the first , nor the last , let us just get on with it , I am far more interested WHO we are going to sign , and when are we signing them ?

Lago
03-07-2017, 08:53 AM
This is boring now & people are arguing semantics.

mjhibby
03-07-2017, 09:23 AM
This is boring now & people are arguing semantics.

Totally agree. Any excuse to knock the club. Why would hibs fans want to do that considering what a good place the club is in now. It will be yesterday's news soon and like Lafferty(forgotten already).

high bee
03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
The Peterborough bid is irrelevant because everyone said it would be suicidal to sell him last year and we would be better off letting him leave at the end of his contract this year and get promoted.

No point getting hung up on last years bid, everyone would've gone nuts if we'd accepted it. The 4 year contract is irrelevant too because it was always agreed that it was a vehicle to gain a decent fee rather than a serious intention to see out the full term here.

Too many people want to have their cake and eat it, this was always the plan and the alternative was for him to run his contract down. Even if it was 500k, were half a million richer than we would've been.

Kato
03-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Don't come back then, you only hang about in the away end giving it the 5-1 anyway.

OsloHibs
03-07-2017, 11:24 AM
What a cracking league that's gonna be this season! I see even John Terry has signed for Villa.. Really hope Jason does well.

Captain Trips
03-07-2017, 11:29 AM
The Peterborough bid is irrelevant because everyone said it would be suicidal to sell him last year and we would be better off letting him leave at the end of his contract this year and get promoted.

No point getting hung up on last years bid, everyone would've gone nuts if we'd accepted it. The 4 year contract is irrelevant too because it was always agreed that it was a vehicle to gain a decent fee rather than a serious intention to see out the full term here.

Too many people want to have their cake and eat it, this was always the plan and the alternative was for him to run his contract down. Even if it was 500k, were half a million richer than we would've been.

I think if we knew then that he may got sold for considerably less there may have been different opinion. It certainly would have been a massive gamble to sell him and bring in a replacement however as we were not looking for one I do not know who was available at that time.

HibbySpurs
03-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Same reason he never congratulated us upon winning the Scottish Cup and about being sacked from sevco.

Yeah, OK, cant argue with that to be honest.

The guy is a total plum and whatever deal has been done has been done so I'm not going to get all that het up about it, move on and trust the board have done and will continue to do what is best for the club.

Pete
03-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Maybe all those who are disappointed, angry or even betrayed (lol) should cut to the chase and tell us who they are blaming. It would make it easier for us.

Woeful thread.

stu in nottingham
03-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Disappointing comments from Jason Cummings.

"Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.”

"They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.”

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-will-be-a-championship-force-under-warburton-if-he-can-repeat-his-rangers-success/story-30421474-detail/story.html

kaimendhibs
03-07-2017, 07:27 PM

"Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.”

"They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.”

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-will-be-a-championship-force-under-warburton-if-he-can-repeat-his-rangers-success/story-30421474-detail/story.html
Oh dear.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
03-07-2017, 07:29 PM

He's obviously going to big up his manager. Who cares?

Bostonhibby
03-07-2017, 07:33 PM
He's obviously going to big up his manager. Who cares?

Yep, they might have won the Petrofac, but I still haven't recovered from that "battering" we got on 21/5/16. Maybe Jason prefers not to mention that one to the warbler?

Callum_62
03-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Oh Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
03-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Sorry but I do not remember these games, We gave them plenty to think about as did they but it wasn't mostly The Rangers.

poolman
03-07-2017, 07:46 PM

ACH, it's his new boss

Nothing to get anybody's y-fronts in a panic

FitbaFolkKen
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM

What else is he going to say?

"Stubbsy had the Magic Hat's number, play 3 at the back and he doesnae ken what to do. Then Cumdog pops up wi' a zinger and BOOM!"

"Oh aye, and mind that time we ripped them in the final, Stokes tore that lot a new one. Davie Gray is still cheesin'"

"But aye, always wanted to play for the new gaffer even though he's a fanny!"

SRHibs
03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
What else is he going to say?

"Stubbsy had the Magic Hat's number, play 3 at the back and he doesnae ken what to do. Then Cumdog pops up wi' a zinger and BOOM!"

"Oh aye, and mind that time we ripped them in the final, Stokes tore that lot a new one. Davie Gray is still cheesin'"

"But aye, always wanted to play for the new gaffer even though he's a fanny!"

"Rangers were a strong team and gave us a lot of tough games." Giving them credit without putting Hibs down would be fine.

FitbaFolkKen
03-07-2017, 08:08 PM
"Rangers were a strong team and gave us a lot of tough games." Giving them credit without putting Hibs down would be fine.

Maybe so but you know what Cummings mouth is like, don't think it's anything for us to worry about now. Just need something to happen at ER to distract us.

Kato
03-07-2017, 08:19 PM
He's bigging up his new manager, so what? I'm just glad he is saying "us".