PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson match programme

KennyMillar
02-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Hi folks,

Lewis Stevenson's testimonial committee are putting the finishing touches to the match programme for next Sunday's game.

We've set aside a few pages for messages from supporters, especially if there are pictures with Lewis to go with them.

If anyone wants to contribute, I'll pick them up from here.

Thanks in advance and hope to see a lot of you at the game. If anyone deserves a great turn-out it's Lewis.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Cheers Kenny

Have a great Lewis, I'll be there on Sunday to cheer you on
Jack

02-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Great idea :thumbsup:

Thank you for your contribution to this great club Lewis. The league cup final of 2007 and the Scottish cup final of 2016 will long live in the memory of every hibs supporter. A hibs hero and an absolute gentleman.

DavidDavidGray
02-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Thank you for everything you've given to this club Lewis, you've been loyal to Hibs through the darkest of times and have been rewarded with the highest of highs. You will go down as a legend in Hibs history, and I couldn't think of a better person for it to go to. Enjoy today Lewis, you deserve it.
Josh

lyonhibs
02-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Quite impossible to put into words what Lewis means to Hibs fans. He's been through the darkest of times with this football club, had his detractors (including myself at times over the years) and proved us all wrong time and time again. Not one player deserved 21.05.2016 more than LS16.

A consumate professional, a thoroughly decent bloke and a very good football player to boot. We're lucky to have, and have had him for so long. Here's to the next decade.

yonder1875
02-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Do do do do do do LEWIS STEVENSON!

CMac1988
02-07-2017, 04:03 PM
The first and only ever Hibs player to ever win both the Scottish cup and League cup. The personification of an industrious player who always give his all, the personification of Hibernian FC. The one true Mr Hibs!

EHZERO7
02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18835&d=1499014218&thumb=1&stc=1

This testimonial is so deserved to this Hibs Legend. #Lewysgottwo
Have a great day Lewis.
All the best
Eddie, Maria, Katie and Lee

calumhibee1
02-07-2017, 05:03 PM
One of or maybe even my favourite ever Hibs player. Would run through a brick wall for our club and nobody deserved to lift the Scottish Cup with our great club more than Lewis Stevenson - a one club man, a thoroughly lovely guy off the pitch, an absolute warrior on it and the very definition of everything you want a Hibs player to be. Congratulations Lewis, you deserve this and here's to your next ten years at Hibernian Football Club.

Tamhere1875
02-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far ?

madhibee_again
02-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Thank you Lewis. You are forever a Hibernian legend. The only player to win both the League and Scottish Cup with Hibs. What you did for us as fans on 21st May, I can't quite put into words. The feeling of euphoria that I, and thousands others, felt when that final whistle blew was like no other because of the outpouring of relief, years of hurt and just pure happiness. The joy, almost instantly followed by floods of tears as I stood within Hampden with my Father and brother, was incredible, and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. A moment so many had wished for, thought they'd never see after so many before us hadn't had the chance.

But it's not just the Scottish Cup, you have done so much for this club, and been there through the bad, and with the Scottish Cup win, the unbelievable. Hard work, professionalism, and an often overlooked set of footballing skills, means you have been, and continue to be the first name on manager after manager's team sheet. If ever one player deserved both those medals and a testimonial it’s you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ronniekirk
02-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Lewis has Two and has been an unsung hero for the club Hardly ever injured and a mainstay at left wingback and left back in team that won us the Holy Grail and got us promoted
Very modest down yo earth guy who is putting moneyfrom his Testimonial back into the Club
Lewis Thank You Thank You Thank You
Ronnie James and Amy Kirk and Kevin Maine who persuaded him to pose for this photo https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/add9cd286eb030a0da344016f3d1c5aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep the faith
02-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Hi folks,

Lewis Stevenson's testimonial committee are putting the finishing touches to the match programme for next Sunday's game.

We've set aside a few pages for messages from supporters, especially if there are pictures with Lewis to go with them.

If anyone wants to contribute, I'll pick them up from here.

Thanks in advance and hope to see a lot of you at the game. If anyone deserves a great turn-out it's Lewis.

Will there be any guests playing on the day for this special occasion Kenny?

Captain Trips
02-07-2017, 06:12 PM
From 2007 to 2016 and all those performances in between.

kaimendhibs
02-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Thank you for everything Lewis. A true Hibernian legend who deserves every good thing that comes your way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
02-07-2017, 07:03 PM
No one has gone through more as a Hibee from the desperate lows of relegation to the ultimate highs of winning the League Cup on 07 and most importantly of all the holy grail in 2016...Lewy has been an absolute warrior for us throughout. Would run thru a brick wall for this team and it's no coincidence every manager we've had since 07...the good, the bad and the terrible have all had Lewy as first pick....here's to the next 10 years Lewis...and thank you thank you thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
02-07-2017, 07:37 PM
"Mr Hibernian" legend

KennyMillar
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Will there be any guests playing on the day for this special occasion Kenny?

Neil Lennon was keen for it to be a competitive friendly, especially as it's the only home one. So no on-field guests. That suited Lewis as well because - even though the day's meant to be about him - he'd rather it was another normal game.

keep the faith
02-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Neil Lennon was keen for it to be a competitive friendly, especially as it's the only home one. So no on-field guests. That suited Lewis as well because - even though the day's meant to be about him - he'd rather it was another normal game.

Come on Neil. Lighten up!! 😉