PDA

View Full Version : Difference between UEFA and the SFA

Diclonius
02-07-2017, 09:49 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40468277

Mind the playoff game in 2015 where they spent the whole match throwing paper at Allan every time he came up to take a corner? Not a peep from the SFA.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2017, 10:28 AM

Mind the playoff game in 2015 where they spent the whole match throwing paper at Allan every time he came up to take a corner? Not a peep from the SFA.

I thought they were throwing the paper planes at Oxley?

IanM
02-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Just keep hammering them every time they put a foot out of line. Unfortunately the SFA are ****bags but at least uefa are watching

Aldo
02-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Wasn't just paper they were throwing I am sure there were a few drumsticks in all that. SFA SPFL did nowt! Standard set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
02-07-2017, 10:33 AM

If it was hibs fans at ER throwing paper at rangers players there would be a full scale inquiry with cctv shots of everyone in the stand shown on the front page of the local rags.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-07-2017, 10:55 AM
If it was hibs fans at ER throwing paper at rangers players there would be a full scale inquiry with cctv shots of everyone in the stand shown on the front page of the local rags.

This

CorrieHibs
02-07-2017, 11:01 AM

So true!

fat freddy
02-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Just heard on the talkSPORT that Pedro has banned the wearing of green boots by Sevco players and has had WE ARE THE PEOPLE painted on the walls of the dressing rooms to reinforce to the players that they represent a special culture. The guys discussing it on the radio were speculating that if they are the people then does that mean that everyone else isnt?
I dont think Pedro actually realises just how toxic his club are, is he aware that every decision designed to appeal to the masses has a ripple effect that seeps into society in a dangerous way? On the week when the Orange marches have begun I cant help feeling that this hatred of anything green will only fuel the fires that will be burning in the loyalist areas on July 12th.
The guy is being played like a fiddle by his board of bigots.

tamig
02-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Just heard on the talkSPORT that Pedro has banned the wearing of green boots by Sevco players and has had WE ARE THE PEOPLE painted on the walls of the dressing rooms to reinforce to the players that they represent a special culture. The guys discussing it on the radio were speculating that if they are the people then does that mean that everyone else isnt?
I dont think Pedro actually realises just how toxic his club are, is he aware that every decision designed to appeal to the masses has a ripple effect that seeps into society in a dangerous way? On the week when the Orange marches have begun I cant help feeling that this hatred of anything green will only fuel the fires that will be burning in the loyalist areas on July 12th.

I saw that earlier and cringed. The hun hordes will be lapping up the barmy bullfighters words.

semaj64
02-07-2017, 11:42 AM

And the investigation still on going a year and a bit later.

semaj64
02-07-2017, 11:43 AM

Hopefully UEFA throw the book at them

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Clubs should not be fined because their fans throw bits of paper imo

Jim44
02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

The guy is a clown and doesn't understand that, deep down, most of the Sevco support hate his guts because of his religion. It just so happens that their football loyalty is slightly stronger and suppresses their true feelings for him.

tamig
02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Not even an exception for that mob? I suppose anything could be hidden inside the paper. You can't just let people chuck bits of paper that could be concealing lumps of metal or rock. It shouldn't be allowed and they should pay for it.

02-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Wasn't just paper they were throwing I am sure there were a few drumsticks in all that. SFA SPFL did nowt! Standard set

Drumsticks, coins, lighters you name it

iwasthere1972
02-07-2017, 12:03 PM

They were throwing abuse as well.

Waxy
02-07-2017, 12:05 PM

😀

Aldo
02-07-2017, 01:54 PM

At the opposition players they should imho. Could then be anything.

Hibs07p
02-07-2017, 02:18 PM
They'll only get a slap on the wrists for a first offence.

GGTT

02-07-2017, 02:42 PM

Your right, I think he's completely unaware of, as you rightly put, just how toxic a club Rangers are. Bigotry and hatred runs through the veins of the club, a club that is completely and utterly rotten to its very core. Look at Rangers fans forums, their fans on social media etc and it tells you all you need to know about them. A vile, despicable club with a truly ****my support. If your not a hate-filled bigot you stick out like a sore thumb in the ibrox support because being one is part of their culture.

I don't recall what the documentary was but it was on not too long ago and it showed Butcher, Souness etc jumping about in the dressing room after winning the league singing the Billy Boys. Butcher said in his interview after that it was only afterwards that he realised how wrong it was to be doing that. It just shows you though how normalised and ingrained the bigotry is. Every song involves a FTP or Fenian reference, even songs like Follow Follow that were originally bigotry free have now been amended by the rangers support to contain anti-catholic abuse.

But of course, it'll never go away. They get away with it week in week out and fine well they know it hense why they stand and belt out loud and proud their bile. The SFA haven't got the balls to challenge them, God forbid upsetting Rangers. They peddle out this "its a minority" rubbish but I think its extremely clear that that is absolutely not the case. Look on social media, look on their forums, watch them on the telly, go a game we are playing them and its clear for all to see just exactly what they are like, exactly what their "culture" is. An absolutely poisonous club.

IGRIGI
02-07-2017, 02:44 PM
I hope they connect with Wallace to get the full story on this.

Pescarese
02-07-2017, 03:11 PM

If Pedro is banning green boots on, ahem, "cultural" grounds, what's the plans for the turf?

SouthMoroccoStu
02-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I for one want to praise the brave and heroic Rangers fans for trying to protect their players while they were under attack. The opposition never should have entered their half!

Mick O'Rourke
02-07-2017, 04:48 PM
I dont know if it is within their remit,but if so,i would like UEFA to take a stance with this club on its anti-catholic songs and chants. The SFA/SPFL or PS wont touch it.We all know that.

On the green boots.
Even the magic hat would not have come up with that one.
However ,the magic sombrero, who happens to be a citizen of a country that has green in its flag colour has managed to add petrol to an already blazing fire of bigotry at that place.

Goodness me.. he might ban fans who travel to ibrox on green glasgow buses next.

I don't suppose we will see any Portuguese flags or football shirts on the terraces of Govan in respect of their manager, like we saw with the Dutch flags when they had a number of players and a manager from Holland;-)

I hope Lenny has ordered a big crate of green football boots for the players when we go there next month.

Somebody over there has put Pedro up to this with lessons on "oor culture"
I hope they don't catch him going to Mass on a Sunday morning!

hibby6270
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
If Pedro is banning green boots on, ahem, "cultural" grounds, what's the plans for the turf?

You've got that a wee bit wrong.

Question should be - what's the plans for the grass?

Caixinha's answer - Nothing different. He'll still be playing left back!!

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Pescarese
02-07-2017, 08:29 PM
You've got that a wee bit wrong.

Question should be - what's the plans for the grass?

Caixinha's answer - Nothing different. He'll still be playing left back!!

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Good point. Though "playing left back" is a loose description.

One Day
02-07-2017, 08:51 PM

Or, tear the pages out the book, roll them up and throw then at them :wink:

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2017, 08:57 PM
It must seriously make them sick that there's a big **** off green rectangle right in the middle of the bigot bowl. :greengrin

Carheenlea
03-07-2017, 07:19 AM

Drumsticks, coins, lighters you name it

I didn't watch the game in midweek, but was at Ibrox the night of the "paper" throwing against us. Looking along the Broomloan stand there were a varied assortment of missiles raining down on our corner takers one half and goal keeper the other. Many on this forum who were not there similarly used the "just paper" argument and those there who witnessed more than just paper were more or less ignored. A bit like the authorities in this country did. UEFA will treat this more seriously and rightly so.