PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HOME AUTO CUP SCHEME LAUNCHED

RSS Bot
02-07-2017, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7636)

HFCdeb
02-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Sounds good to me.

Baw187
02-07-2017, 09:11 AM
What's the point of this if your seat will be reserved in any case? Unless there's a discount for committing upfront, I'd rather just wait and buy them as they come along in the off chance I can't make one for some reason.

Libby Hibby
02-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Great idea, saves the hassle for individual purchases.

hibby6270
02-07-2017, 09:20 AM
What's the point of this if your seat will be reserved in any case? Unless there's a discount for committing upfront, I'd rather just wait and buy them as they come along in the off chance I can't make one for some reason.

Completely agree.
Example being for me, the first LC game against Montrose, I can't make it because I'm on holiday but will be back in time for the Arbroath game. So why buy tickets for 2 games when you know you can only attend one of them. Pointless IMO, unless you're "happy" to be donating to the Hibs cause.

This scheme will divide opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Purely for convenience, another good idea, and easy option put in place by the Club:flag:

Sioux
02-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Completely agree.
Example being for me, the first LC game against Montrose, I can't make it because I'm on holiday but will be back in time for the Arbroath game. So why buy tickets for 2 games when you know you can only attend one of them. Pointless IMO, unless you're "happy" to be donating to the Hibs cause.

This scheme will divide opinion.

If it doesn't suit you, you don't need to buy. I'm sure there are many who will be glad not having to go the ticket office or get on the phone or go online to purchase access to the games. Are you suggesting this is just a ploy by Hibs to get money for nothing?

Diclonius
02-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Would only buy if there was a discount - say, 30% off the price of cup tickets. Otherwise the risk of missing a game makes this not worthwhile enough for me, when you're guaranteed a ticket anyway.

BroxburnHibee
02-07-2017, 09:37 AM
It will suit some people I suppose but you can't possibly know when all games may be so I can't see many signing up for it.

Since90+2
02-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Sounds a bit pointless to be honest. If you are a season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket anyway and you could end up being charged for a ticket to a game you can't attend.

In terms of convenience it takes about 60 seconds to login to the ticket site and adding to your card , it's hardly an exhaustive process.

bigwheel
02-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Think the clue is in the title..it is for those who "automatically" want to secure their ticket. Simple enough premise....

S4uzee
02-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Sounds a bit pointless to be honest. If you are a season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket anyway and you could end up being charged for a ticket to a game you can't attend.

In terms of convenience it takes about 60 seconds to login to the ticket site and adding to your card , it's hardly an exhaustive process.

Agreed, all a bit pointless really

Frazerbob
02-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Is this not pretty much the same scheme Hearts fans are being fleeced £100 for?

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2017, 10:12 AM
If it's "pointless" don't sign up, nobody being forced into doing so:rolleyes:

Ringothedog
02-07-2017, 10:17 AM

No

Hibeewilly
02-07-2017, 10:27 AM
I notice that if you are an away season ticket holder you have been automatically enrolled in this scheme. I have to say the scheme seems a bit pointless to me unless you don't have access to a computer then convenience would come into it I suppose

BSEJVT
02-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Not happy at all with this, I thought it was another cup we could enter :-)

RoYO!
02-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Will save some admin for the club- there have been some pinch points for them last season with cup and league games and they seem to think it's worthwhile so I'm not going to question their judgement.

Ken
02-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Good idea by the club and if you don't think it is you don't need to get involved.

I think a few hundred will sign up, but I think the club have missed a trick by not putting a discount on the tickets (even just 10%) as they would get thousands signing up for it and chances are quite a few of these season ticket holders will miss at least 1 home cup game so that 10% probably wouldn't cost the club over the whole season and chances are they'd make quite alot of money on it.

If that makes sense [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
02-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Good idea by the club and if you don't think it is you don't need to get involved.

I think a few hundred will sign up, but I think the club have missed a trick by not putting a discount on the tickets (even just 10%) as they would get thousands signing up for it and chances are quite a few of these season ticket holders will miss at least 1 home cup game so that 10% probably wouldn't cost the club over the whole season and chances are they'd make quite alot of money on it.

If that makes sense [emoji848]

Season ticket holders already get 10 percent off home cup matches without this scheme.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Season ticket holders already get 10 percent off home cup matches without this scheme.

Forgot about that!
Must be time for them to announce the Betfred prices

Ken
02-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Sorry I was meaning an additional 10% as an incentive

Brightside
02-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure why people think it's a great idea. I saves what about 3 mins buying it online? There should surely be a discount like cup top up.

Frazerbob
02-07-2017, 01:16 PM
No

Magic, I'm all the wiser now.

Carheenlea
02-07-2017, 02:26 PM
I've been happy to just buy and add to card as the games come, and will probably just continue to do so. The option is now there to automatically allocate your home cup tickets if you so wish, and even if just a few hundred sign up then that is a few hundred fans who have deemed it a worthwhile option and happily signed up if they feel it makes things easier for them.
Not for all, appealing to some but far from pointless. No one is gaining anything over any other fan, simply another way to purchase tickets.

matty_f
02-07-2017, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure why people think it's a great idea. I saves what about 3 mins buying it online? There should surely be a discount like cup top up.

Still saves you having to deal wth it, and it's free, so I can't see how it's not a good thing?

If you don't know if you can make it, then this isn't for you, buy if you're someone who would get there no matter what, then it's a great idea.

Baw187
02-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Still saves you having to deal wth it, and it's free, so I can't see how it's not a good thing?

If you don't know if you can make it, then this isn't for you, buy if you're someone who would get there no matter what, then it's a great idea.

But who can truly know if they can make every game? We don't know when the fixtures will be and some might get moved, some might be replays.

I 'think' I'll probably be at every home cup game this season but can't guarantee it. Therefore why would I commit to buying a ticket for every game with no real incentive to do so?

And don't say convenience cause it far from inconvenient just buying them at the time.

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2017, 03:41 PM
It's not for me but as another option for folk who won't miss a game it sounds ideal.

Stantons Angel
02-07-2017, 04:41 PM
I've been happy to just buy and add to card as the games come, and will probably just continue to do so. The option is now there to automatically allocate your home cup tickets if you so wish, and even if just a few hundred sign up then that is a few hundred fans who have deemed it a worthwhile option and happily signed up if they feel it makes things easier for them.
Not for all, appealing to some but far from pointless. No one is gaining anything over any other fan, simply another way to purchase tickets.

i totally agree with you there!

Someone else remarked it took 3min to do this online or over the phone, so if you multiply that by the 11,350 season tickets sold then that is a lot of time taken away from the admin of manually processing the requests in the ticket office. Maybe then when tickets for home cup games go on sale there will be less moaners on here about the time taken to answer the phones and issue of tickets?

The bottom line like in many of our trials and tribulations on here is you either take it or not.......

Mikey
02-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Do those who want a discount also want discount players?

Baw187
02-07-2017, 05:29 PM

Eh?

iwasthere1972
02-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Sounds pretty pointless if you're a season ticket holder (as I am) unless there was an incentive such as a bigger discount. I'll probably go to them all but I'll just purchase at the time.

matty_f
02-07-2017, 05:49 PM
But who can truly know if they can make every game? We don't know when the fixtures will be and some might get moved, some might be replays.

I 'think' I'll probably be at every home cup game this season but can't guarantee it. Therefore why would I commit to buying a ticket for every game with no real incentive to do so?

And don't say convenience cause it far from inconvenient just buying them at the time.

Convenience is pretty much the big benefit for it, so I'm lost for an answer if I'm not allowed that one.

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Jeez it's an option. If it doesn't suit you then don't use it but no need to bemoan everything!

Baw187
02-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Jeez it's an option. If it doesn't suit you then don't use it but no need to bemoan everything!

Can't speak for everyone but would like to go on record and say, I'm not bemoaning anything.

I simply enjoy pondering over life's little mysteries and I'm just trying to understand the logic in this scheme. It's up there with 'why do men have nipples' in my book.

Ken
02-07-2017, 06:49 PM

I can guarantee you if Hibs gave an additional 10% discount Hibs would make a profit out of it

Jonnyboy
02-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Cheers Scouse, saved me the bother of typing the same thing :greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Nothing like it as far as I can tell. Plus I'm putting it on record that I'm not moaning either. Just voicing my opinion. :agree:

Iggy Pope
02-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Can't speak for everyone but would like to go on record and say, I'm not bemoaning anything.

I simply enjoy pondering over life's little mysteries and I'm just trying to understand the logic in this scheme. It's up there with 'why do men have nipples' in my book.

Dinno about yours but mine respond much better to anything than my bonce does to this utterly, utterly pointless debate.

Baw187
02-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Dinno about yours but mine respond much better to anything than my bonce does to this utterly, utterly pointless debate.

[emoji23][emoji23]