PDA

View Full Version : Women’s Hearts vs Hibs game ends in mass brawl

01-07-2017, 12:09 PM
They obviously can't take losing a derby and have to go in dirty with the elbows flying.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/women-s-hearts-vs-hibs-game-ends-in-mass-brawl-1-4491990 (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/women-s-hearts-vs-hibs-game-ends-in-mass-brawl-1-4491990)

TheHarpy76
01-07-2017, 12:26 PM
They obviously can't take losing a derby and have to go in dirty with the elbows flying.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/women-s-hearts-vs-hibs-game-ends-in-mass-brawl-1-4491990 (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/women-s-hearts-vs-hibs-game-ends-in-mass-brawl-1-4491990)

Doesn't sound like our own player covered herself in glory either tbh.

mjhibby
01-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Doesn't sound like our own player covered herself in glory either tbh.

Strange one as game looked over and done with
The hibs ladies were on their way to victory when someone throw the arm away. We were ready to proclaim victory when it all kicked off.

edwards
01-07-2017, 01:07 PM
It happens in girls/woman football as well after having helped training tynecastle girls who went onto becoming Leith Athletic girls who in turn become Hibernian Ladies this doesn't surprise me and believe me as i have seen a few fights in my time.
It should't have happened and the parents should not get involved but split decions are made when you see your daughter getting picked on which can lead to the incidents getting out of control which appears to have happened.

heretoday
01-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Good healthy family fun!

snooky
01-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Just a wee bit of blood and snotters - coying all the fun of a NHL game. :wink:

GreenLake
01-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Elbow to the head is a blow just like a punch. It gets used too often by individuals who then go unpunished. The victim here retaliated and then it looks like Hearts coaches and parents took the opportunity to end the match being 2 nil down.

01-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Embarrassing stuff. Young lassies I can understand getting carried away, seeing red after a bad challenhe but the coaches and parents should have known better and should have been there to calm things not make it worse and start fighting as well.

Kenny1875
01-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Sounds like handbags to me

FilipinoHibs
01-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Bad losers at all levels😀

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Sounds like handbags to me

It's a mans game.... :offski:

Big L
01-07-2017, 08:53 PM
It's a mans game.... :offski:

Ye widnae think so reading the report of that game. Hibs were 2-0 up and the herts lass went up for a ball wi Hibs goalie, caught her with the elboW. The Hibs lass got up & set about her. The herts lass parents came on got involved thEN the Hibs Las parents came on, then everybody joined in, coaches as well. I was pi----g maser when I read it!

1875STEVE
01-07-2017, 11:32 PM
It happens in girls/woman football as well after having helped training tynecastle girls who went onto becoming Leith Athletic girls who in turn become Hibernian Ladies this doesn't surprise me and believe me as i have seen a few fights in my time.
It should't have happened and the parents should not get involved but split decions are made when you see your daughter getting picked on which can lead to the incidents getting out of control which appears to have happened.

Im pretty sure my sister was playing when they went from Tynecastle to leith.....

Davy Mac
01-07-2017, 11:44 PM
In truth, this could happen every week. I watch a lot of games involving both teams at varying age levels regularly and the atmosphere is always toxic, particularly at Hertz.

In my opinion, the responsibility lies with the coaches.

They allow Parents to hurl abuse at match officials from the first minute to the last, most of them have never played football and have no clue about the rules.

The coaches agitate, pressurise and goad the officals as well, which allows the parents to think that's ok to abuse them too.

There are some right morons and I've had a few incidents myself on the sidelines.

Tamhere1875
02-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Mass brawl.....A bit over exaggerated

heretoday
02-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Embarrassing stuff. Young lassies I can understand getting carried away, seeing red after a bad challenhe but the coaches and parents should have known better and should have been there to calm things not make it worse and start fighting as well.

The times I stop in the park to watch a schoolkids match I'm always struck by how bad the parents behave. Yet these are the sort of types who blether on about professional players being "role models".

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Some of the stuff I used to hear when my laddie was younger from other parents was outrageous. Had a few rows, especially when your hear a parent telling his son to effing break his legs aimed at my own son!

Captain Trips
02-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Hopefully Keith Jackson doesn't hear about it or chief witness Chic "Zapruder" Young.

02-07-2017, 07:25 PM
The times I stop in the park to watch a schoolkids match I'm always struck by how bad the parents behave. Yet these are the sort of types who blether on about professional players being "role models".

Yep, a good pal of mine is a youth coach at a boys club and he's told me many stories about parents behaviour, a lot of it really does beggar belief.

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
It makes me so proud that we're kicking **** out of them at this level. I'm actually welling up here, if I was in Bulgaria they would be calling the emergency services