Tobias Funke
03-07-2017, 09:05 AM
So to take stock,

We've signed

Marciano
Ambrose
Swanson
Murray

Top three have good pedigree and Murray I think will be decent for us.

We are supposedly close to bringing in

Whittaker
Berry

We know Whittaker's pedigree and Berry is highly rated at his current level.

We are trying to get Stokes in and are supposedly looking at others. Given the players we've looked at and brought it to date, I reckon the others will be of a decent quality.

Not sure what folk are overly concerned about! Seems like we're very active and shopping for a much higher quality than I ever remember is brining in.

Spot on! :top marks

Forza Fred
03-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I'd take him in a heartbeat..

Refer post 35 :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
03-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Are we signing pennant?...if fit he could be one of the best wingers in the league

California-Hibs
03-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Are we signing pennant?...if fit he could be one of the best wingers in the league

Not heard a peep regarding him after it emerged he was training with us. Anyone heard anything?

easty
03-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Jermaine Pennant from 5 years ago maybe.

David Bentley used to be good tae, younger than Pennant I think, we could get him for the other wing.

1van Sprou7e
03-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Jermaine Pennant from 5 years ago maybe.

David Bentley used to be good tae, younger than Pennant I think, we could get him for the other wing.

"On 13 June 2014, Bentley announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 29, having been without a club for over a year. He stated in an interview that he had fallen out of love with football, calling the modern game "robotic" due to the influence of social media and money, as well as "predictable and a bit too calculated". He said that he wished to spend time with his three children"

Don't think we'll be signing him any time soon then :greengrin

Speedway
03-07-2017, 10:04 AM
So to take stock,

We've signed

Marciano
Ambrose
Swanson
Murray

Whittaker
Berry

We are trying to get Stokes in and are supposedly looking at others. Given the players we've looked at and brought it to date, I reckon the others will be of a decent quality.

Not sure what folk are overly concerned about! Seems like we're very active and shopping for a much higher quality than I ever remember is brining in.

Very good point or stated alternatively, our recruitment policy has seen us sign:

1. An Internationally Capped Goalkeeper
2. An Internationally Capped Defender
3. The Second Top Scorer In The League We Were In Last Year
4. The Highest Scoring Midfielder In The SPFL Last Season (who is also a Hibby)

By July 1st.

We are now looking to acquire a young prospect from the lower leagues, as we keep getting told we should be scouting, a proven international goalscorer who has already proven his worth to our club twice and a Scottish International Defender.

PENNY PINCHING PETRIE!!!

dchibs
03-07-2017, 12:24 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat..

Do you think we will chuck Berry in for our first game.

HoboHarry
03-07-2017, 12:26 PM
You can never tell......

Jim44
03-07-2017, 12:28 PM

He's got no particular place to go but you never can tell.

Craig_HFC
03-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Not sure but if we do I'm sure he'll B Goode!

Jim_in_Canada
03-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Well, that takes the cake !

Signed,

Mary.

Jim44
03-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Will Berry be our currant signing?

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Will Berry be our currant signing?

If he wants to play for us, he'll have to be raisin' his game.

rodhibs55
03-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Will be an Edinburgh Eastender if he signs.

basehibby
03-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Save us the extremely tenuous Berry puns please - they are utterly gash (no pun intended).
I hope this signing goes through. Some are critical because he plays in the English lower leagues and they would have a point if Berry was an average player in that environment. He's been a stand out though and that bodes very well. Just as I would expect Jason Cummings too be able to recreate his Scottish Championship goal scoring form at a higher level, I would expect the same to apply for Berry. Sure some aspects of the game will be a step up, but the goals are the same size regardless of league.

Jim44
03-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Save us the extremely tenuous Berry puns please - they are utterly gash (no pun intended).
I hope this signing goes through. Some are critical because he plays in the English lower leagues and they would have a point if Berry was an average player in that environment. He's been a stand out though and that bodes very well. Just as I would expect Jason Cummings too be able to recreate his Scottish Championship goal scoring form at a higher level, I would expect the same to apply for Berry. Sure some aspects of the game will be a step up, but the goals are the same size regardless of league.

Well that's a punitive ( pun fully intended ) put down if ever there was one. :greengrin

E10 Rifle
03-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Someone's no berry happy

James70
03-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Is our interest in Pennant flagging a bit?

Billy Whizz
03-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Is he still training with Hibs?

Jones28
03-07-2017, 05:17 PM
So to take stock,

We've signed

Marciano
Ambrose
Swanson
Murray

Whittaker
Berry

I can't remember us being linked with so many high profile names

number9dream
03-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Would we go for Berry & Henderson or take one from two options?
Quite by chance, I had a work conversation with a Cambridge Utd regular this afternoon. He was stunned at the quoted £250,000, saying it was daylight robbery. He also reckoned Berry would currently be on around £2k a week in wages. Is that the going rate in League Two? Surely we wouldn't be paying much more than that.

Alfiembra
03-07-2017, 06:07 PM

:top marks Don't think he's up to standard.

SonOfDavidFrancey
03-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Maybe time for a poll.

H18 SFR
03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Quite by chance, I had a work conversation with a Cambridge Utd regular this afternoon. He was stunned at the quoted £250,000, saying it was daylight robbery. He also reckoned Berry would currently be on around £2k a week in wages. Is that the going rate in League Two? Surely we wouldn't be paying much more than that.

A post on another thread here suggested that Jordan Forster is also getting more at Cheltenham than he was at Hibs.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Players two leagues below L2 are on £800 a week in some places.

Souter96Mac
03-07-2017, 06:43 PM
A post on another thread here suggested that Jordan Forster is also getting more at Cheltenham than he was at Hibs.
Might be the case with Forster, depends on when he first signed his deal. If he's been on a long term contract, he may still have been getting paid what he originally got when he was younger, I.e. not a big wage

Sergey
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Havant & Waterlooville (who were 3 divisions below L2) had at least 4 players on £1000 per week last season and only managed to gain promotion on the last day of the season.

Barnet (who have possibly the smallest budget in L2) have players on £1800 a week. Edgar Davids (while there) was on £10k a week plus a rented property in Arkley.

Ringothedog
03-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Players 2 leagues above L2 will get 18k a week in places. What I mean is that its not the norm and most players will get less than the figures quoted

LancsHibs
03-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Just had a look on Cambridge Uniteds proboard forum, none of them appear to have any inside info but the concensus of opinion on there is that LB will not be signing for us! They don't seem to know anymore than us to be fare. Must admit I'm a bit worried about this deal, if the player was supposedly given the guided yesterday would have expected some news today!

Heisenberg
03-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Just had a look on Cambridge Uniteds proboard forum, none of them appear to have any inside info but the concensus of opinion on there is that LB will not be signing for us! They don't seem to know anymore than us to be fare. Must admit I'm a bit worried about this deal, if the player was supposedly given the guided yesterday would have expected some news today!

Ive just done the same (what an exciting evening eh...) and they all just can't seem to accept the 250k fee. One of them has also said a journo from down there has been on the radio tonight saying no official talks are ongoing/have taken place between Hibs and Cambridge.

Kenny Millar is usually bang on and he wrote the story about Berry being at EM with a fee of around 250k agreed. Just have to wait and see.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Ive just done the same (what an exciting evening eh...) and they all just can't seem to accept the 250k fee. One of them has also said a journo from down there has been on the radio tonight saying no official talks are ongoing/have taken place between Hibs and Cambridge.

Kenny Millar is usually bang on and he wrote the story about Berry being at EM with a fee of around 250k agreed. Just have to wait and see.

That seems to be the biggest issue they have

Plus they have the broken view that all Scottish football is inferior to all levels of the English game

LancsHibs
03-07-2017, 07:43 PM
That seems to be the biggest issue they have

Plus they have the broken view that all Scottish football is inferior to all levels of the English game

I'm afraid that's the common view down hear, apart from the old firm they seem to think all other clubs are one step above pub leagues. The ignorance is astonishing

SirDavidsNapper
03-07-2017, 08:05 PM
I'd love to see if Cambridge could keep the score respectable if they were playing Hibs/Dons/Rangers. The arrogance and sheer ignorance about Scottish football down there astonishing.

allezsauzee
03-07-2017, 08:52 PM
I'd love to see if Cambridge could keep the score respectable if they were playing Hibs/Dons/Rangers. The arrogance and sheer ignorance about Scottish football down there astonishing.

We'd pump Cambridge.Luke Berry is playing at a significantly lower level than we need him to be at next season, he'd need to be able to make the jump in standard. I'd rather we put it towards keeping SJM or signing Hendo

BullsCloseHibs
03-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Players 2 leagues above L2 will get 18k a week in places. What I mean is that its not the norm and most players will get less than the figures quoted

Berry could well be given a handsome singing on fee instead of big weekly pay cheque.

BullsCloseHibs
03-07-2017, 08:56 PM
We'd pump Cambridge.Luke Berry is playing at a significantly lower level than we need him to be at next season, he'd need to be able to make the jump in standard. I'd rather we put it towards keeping SJM or signing Hendo

Think the Shrewsbury v Hibs game proved that point last year.

GreenLake
03-07-2017, 08:59 PM

It will end at some point.

Haymaker
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Havant & Waterlooville (who were 3 divisions below L2) had at least 4 players on £1000 per week last season and only managed to gain promotion on the last day of the season.

Barnet (who have possibly the smallest budget in L2) have players on £1800 a week. Edgar Davids (while there) was on £10k a week plus a rented property in Arkley.

:agree: I guess H&W get a big crowd when Pompey (spit) are away, same as Totton and Eastleigh do when saints are away so their budget might be bigger. I used to go to totton when I was at uni and the crowd differences between games were interesting!

I know Sutton had a lad a few years back on more than he earned in Serie B. My mate when he was at AFC Wimbledon was on good money in the lower tiers. North Ferriby United were paying around £800-£1,000 a week when they won the trophy.

It's actually rather staggering and does make you wonder.

tamig
03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
It will end at some point.

With no frills attached.

GGTTH07
03-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Got a feeling that this won't go through.

tamig
03-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Got a feeling that this won't go through.

Stay positive man ffs.

theonlywayisup
03-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Think the Shrewsbury v Hibs game proved that point last year.

Hibernian ended their pre-season with a 4-1 victory away to English League One side Shrewsbury Town.

First half goals from Liam Fontaine and Grant Holt gave Hibernian a 2-0 lead, which Jim O’Brien reduced shortly after the break.

Further strikes from Jason Cummings and James Keatingsearned Neil Lennon’s side a comfortable victory in Shropshire.

Hibernian showed their attacking teeth from the off, with McGinn’s low cross after 70 seconds finding Keatings, but his effort was blocked in the box. However, from the next attack, the deadlock was broken.

Holt was hauled back in the midfield area, with the play pulled back for a free-kick. Keatings delivered the ball to the back post, with Fontaine powering a header over the line via the crossbar in the fourth minute.

Two minutes was all it took for Hibernian to double the lead and it came from a former Shrewsbury player. Scott Martin manoeuvred away from his marker before picking out Holt with a cross and the forward stooped low to guide his header into the bottom corner of Jayson Leutwiler’s net.

In a fast-paced opening, Shrewsbury twice had an opportunity to pull back a goal before ten minutes had passed, with Louis Dodds being denied by Ross Laidlaw and Joe Riley’s low cross being missed narrowly by AJ Leith-Smith.

Soon after, John McGinn was afforded a chance as Ryan McGivern’s mis-kick allowed in Jason Cummings, with the ball finding its way to the Scotland internationalist who fired over the bar from 18 yards out.

Hibernian continued to flow forward, with the team attacking at pace down the flanks and causing havoc in the rearguard of the hosts from crosses and set-piece deliveries on numerous occasions, with Cummings testing Leutwiler in-between those crosses with a 25 yard drive, which he beat away.

Shrewsbury soon began to play their way into the game, but an impressive save by Ross Laidlaw denied Dodds after he was released by Olly Lancashire, but the summer signing was equal to the forward’s effort on goal before the half hour mark.

Towards the end of the half, Hibernian began to dominate proceedings once more, with Fontaine and Darren McGregor coming close to adding a third before the break.

Shrewsbury were out the traps quicker in the second half, but were almost caught out on the counter when a low-cross from Alex Harris was almost turned into his own net by McGivern, but the hosts soon pulled a goal back.

A free-kick was awarded 20 yards from goal, which O’Brien smashed towards goal and it found the back of the net, albeit aided by a massive deflection in the 55th minute.

It took all of five minutes for Hibernian to extend their lead back to two goals and it came from almost nothing. Gary Deegan received the ball from Leutwiler and slipped, which allowed in an alert Cummings, with the forward slotting the ball into the back of the net to make it 3-1.

He then turned provider two minutes later, with his chipped pass finding Keatings, who in turn dinked the ball into the net, via the outstretched hand of Leutwiler as Shrewsbury were stunned

A raft of Hibernian substitutions followed, which disrupted the chance creation of both sides, as Hanlon was pushed into the midfield as Jordon Forster came on in place of McGinnand with the next clear-cut chance coming with 11 minutes played, as Hanlon curled a 25 yard effort just wide of the top corner.

Both sides created chances in the last ten minutes of the match, but neither goalkeeper was tested, with the final pre-season outing ending in a comprehensive, and encouraging, victory for Neil Lennon’s side.

Shrewsbury Town: Leutwiler, Riley, Brown, Deegan, Lancashire, McGivern, Whalley (Jones, 53), Ogogo, Leitch-Smith, Dodds, O’Brien. Unused substitutes: Mangan, Burton, Black, Grogan, Sadler, El-Abd.

Hibernian: Laidlaw, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Harris, McGinn (Forster, 67), Martin (Stanton, 71), Stevenson(Crane, 71), Keatings (Carmichael, 73), Holt (Boyle, 67), Cummings (Shaw, 80). Unused substitute: Virtanen.

Referee: Bobby Madley.

Attendance: 2007. Away: 469.

Impressive result against the mighty League One side.

My_Wife_Camille
03-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Why is everyone getting so excited about a League 2 player? Be better with Halle Berry

tamig
03-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Why is everyone getting so excited about a League 2 player? Be better with Halle Berry
You really do hate a troll.

Sergey
03-07-2017, 09:53 PM

I'm tumescent at the mere thought of us signing a player from this level.

YMMV - but signing a top player from L2 is exactly where we do our shopping.

Greenworld
04-07-2017, 03:56 AM
It's when you put it into perspective the 4th division in old terms you calm down and wonder what the fuss is.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Deansy
04-07-2017, 05:39 AM
I'm afraid that's the common view down hear, apart from the old firm they seem to think all other clubs are one step above pub leagues. The ignorance is astonishing

Their ignorance is down to the fact they only get a hard dose of 'Reality' every 2 years when their national-team gets it's a**e felt either at the World Cup/European Football Championship - in between these tournaments thanks to SKY-money and a mainstream-media where facts/truth these days are virtually exctinct, the English Footballing-public get hijacked off to football's 'La-la land' to help them forget. It's a land where the fact the EPL, jam-packed with foreign-players (at the last survey, populated something like 70-30 in favour of the foreign-players ??) yet it still doesn't prevent their pundits from asking this question at every England exit - "Why can't he/they play for England like the way he/they plays for their club ?".

Big_Franck
04-07-2017, 06:17 AM
Not too fussed about this either way. The last player we signed from english league 2 with a good goalscoring record there turned out to be one of the worst Hibs strikers ive seen. He promptly returned to their league 2 and started banging them in again. Its not a great level.

S4uzee
04-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Not too fussed about this either way. The last player we signed from english league 2 with a good goalscoring record there turned out to be one of the worst Hibs strikers ive seen. He promptly returned to their league 2 and started banging them in again. Its not a great level.
Think you have a point and also worth noting that Cambridge have just signed Gary Deegan......

Andy74
04-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Think you have a point and also worth noting that Cambridge have just signed Gary Deegan......

So all players in the same team have the same ability and potential?

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 08:08 AM
There is no point thinking of Berry as a league 2 player because whether we sign him or not, he will be moving this summer to a higher league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Had a look on the Cheltenham forum to see what they were saying about Forster (yes I'm sad). Some of them were saying hopefully he cuts it at league 2 level. Unbelievable.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2017, 08:15 AM
So all players in the same team have the same ability and potential?

Dion Dublin started his career as a centre forward at lowly Cambridge and he went on to have a half decent career.

Whilst we're turning our noses up at signing guys from smaller clubs, Kevin Keegan had been at very low lying S****horpe United for 3 years before Liverpool picked him up.

I have seen Cambridge Utd twice last season and I am not going to say that I particularly noted anything about any of their players, especially as one of their matches was just an add on to a beer festival but it amazes me how people can generalise and then define a player based on where they currently are and a club / team they probably haven't seen.

I've asked a few more questions recently re Berry and he sounds a prospect, I'd also be pleasantly surprised if we do sign him as apparently Millwall have been in touch with the U's since, so if they want him and it's about money maybe we've been auctioned off again.

easty
04-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Had a look on the Cheltenham forum to see what they were saying about Forster (yes I'm sad). Some of them were saying hopefully he cuts it at league 2 level. Unbelievable.

It's a fair comment. I hope he cuts it there too.

cheltenhamhibee
04-07-2017, 08:23 AM

There are one or two absolute roasters on the robins nest, I've blocked a few , their ignorance and arrogance is beyond belief, it used to be a great wee forum but unfortunately all the good sensible posters have left it

frazeHFC
04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

They were quoting one of their players and says "it shows a player from Scotland can cut it in league 2". It's as if no Scottish player has ever made it higher in their eyes. Wonder where the likes of Robertson, Snodgrass, McCormack etc came from...

Baader
04-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Some serious delusions of mediocrity amongst the Cambridge support from what I've read. Trying to dismiss Hibs as a pub team? They play in a 8k capacity stadium that is only half seated! Let's be clear, Hibs would hammer them if we came up against them. I've seen enough League 2 football to recognise that much.

Too many clubs in England get carried away by association. The league setup there is very good but once you move away from Premier League and Championship it is no better than Scottish football despite what teams ranked about 70th and below in the overall tier there may like to think..

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Some serious delusions of mediocrity amongst the Cambridge support from what I've read. Trying to dismiss Hibs as a pub team? They play in a 8k capacity stadium that is only half seated! Let's be clear, Hibs would hammer them if we came up against them. I've seen enough League 2 football to recognise that much.

Too many clubs in England get carried away by association. The league setup there is very good but once you move away from Premier League and Championship it is no better than Scottish football despite what teams ranked about 70th and below in the overall tier there may like to think..
Some teams down there embarrassing themselves with the chat. No where near the level they think they're at

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Brightside
04-07-2017, 08:40 AM

I don't see a problem with that tbh. Jordon has a huge amount to prove in football in general.

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 08:40 AM
I don't see a problem with that tbh. Jordon has a huge amount to prove in football in general.
He should stroll league 2

yonder1875
04-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Some teams down there embarrassing themselves with the chat. No where near the level they think they're at

We'd fleece them all.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2017, 08:56 AM

:agree: Last season I've seen Boston Utd, Lincoln, Peterborough, Stevenage, Cambridge, Grimsby town,Gainsborough Trinity and Notts County - the best looking team of the lot were Grimsby . The one thing that stands out across all these levels is the standard of defending tends to be very poor, a lot of comedy gold moments and a great deal of launching the ball anywhere. Crap pitches and stadiums generally as well.

The games tend to be a lot dirtier than say championship level but to their credit there's a bit less diving and rolling about with imaginary injuries. Forster is easily good enough for league one. Of the teams I've mentioned I think Peterborough could probably win our championship if they can hold a winning team together long enough and actually spend on the team but the rest are mid table to bottom of championship at best.

easty
04-07-2017, 08:58 AM
I went to the Bradford v Millwall play off final, I've no doubt we'd have beat both of them. Terrible standard of football, and that's a division up from Cambridge.

Souter96Mac
04-07-2017, 09:01 AM
To be fair, Cheltenham and Cambridge probably would've won their home tie against Brondby :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
04-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Meanwhile.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2017, 09:08 AM
If you don't like the way that a player may be leaving the last thing that you will be is complimentary about his destination. If Cambridge can't turn down 250k and we can well afford it then the comments are probably more frustration than anything else.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2017, 09:10 AM
If you don't like the way that a player may be leaving the last thing that you will be is complimentary about his destination. If Cambridge can't turn down 250k and we can well afford it then the comments are probably more frustration than anything else.

:agree: Especially as we have a much better stadium and set up than them plus if the £250k figure was a release fee it was their club that set it.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Are we any further forward with this guy ?... surely someone in the £10 a month brigade must know something

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 09:24 AM
To put it in perspective, we have more season ticket holders than their record attendance. Hibs and Cambridge/Cheltenham are on different planets.

Hamish
04-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Are we any further forward with this guy ?... surely someone in the £10 a month brigade must know something

Delete month, insert year

worcesterhibby
04-07-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes there is a lot more detail of how things are progressing in the members forum thanks. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Fire in yer tenner, and you might know....:greengrin

Jag7
04-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Yes there is a lot more detail of how things are progressing in the members forum thanks. :greengrin

So there are different grades of supporters hmmmm

CraigHibee
04-07-2017, 09:45 AM
To put it in perspective, we have more season ticket holders than their record attendance. Hibs and Cambridge/Cheltenham are on different planets.

it's just their mentality, they think because they are in the english leagues that they are a cut above the rest even with their pishy attendances

BroxburnHibee
04-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Nope just a different forum for the people willing to help keep this site (that you're using) running.

Jag7
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Nope just a different forum for the people willing to help keep this site (that you're using) running.

So why do they keep their little secrets ... wouldn't it be better asking everyone who uses this site to donate £5, then there wouldn't be any secret cliques .. you get one months usage for free then a £5 donation to keep you on line for a year ..

Since90+2
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Cambridge are probably about the same size of club as Raith or St Mirren. Their fans are deluding themselves if they think playing for Hibs isn't a step up.

E10 Rifle
04-07-2017, 09:55 AM

They used to do good bacon rolls though :drool:

easty
04-07-2017, 10:00 AM

yep :agree:

Jim44
04-07-2017, 10:04 AM

Hopefully it is a misconception that it's a tenner a month and that more people might contribute when they know it's a tenner a year. A tenner a year is a pittance in terms of keeping the wheels of the website running smoothly. Remember, we have one of the best football message boards. So, go on sign up, you know it makes sense. :greengrin

Brightside
04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
So why do they keep their little secrets ... wouldn't it be better asking everyone who uses this site to donate £5, then there wouldn't be any secret cliques .. you get one months usage for free then a £5 donation to keep you on line for a year ..

R u still here?

easty
04-07-2017, 10:06 AM

But if everyone used the private forum, where would we go to talk about people behind their backs?

Jag7
04-07-2017, 10:07 AM
R u still here?

As long as you are .. what's wrong with a sensible suggestion or are you one of the special bunch that want to stay exclusive

Jag7
04-07-2017, 10:08 AM
But if everyone used the private forum, where would we go to talk about people behind their backs?

Nice one !

BroxburnHibee
04-07-2017, 10:08 AM

I wouldn't pay too much attention to worcester hibby's post. It was a bit tongue in cheek.

We're not in the business off letting PM's wind up the freeloaders :wink:

That was tongue in cheek too by the way :greengrin

I take your point but we feel we've got the balance right. If people want to support the site it's their own choice.

overdrive
04-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Forster has already 'cut it' it in League 2. He's already played in that league for a team that reached the play-off finals that season and that team has a far higher pedigree than either Cheltenham Town or Cambridge Utd, for that matter. That was at a time he couldn't get a game for a club that finished third in the Scottish Championship but could get a game at a top League 2 side until his freak injury.

hibee316

No.

I don't want to pay a fiver a month to use this site. If people want to pay it to get info a bit earlier, fair enough, but I'm not that bothered.

Jag7
I wouldn't pay too much attention to worcester hibby's post. It was a bit tongue in cheek.

We're not in the business off letting PM's wind up the freeloaders :wink:

That was tongue in cheek too by the way :greengrin

I take your point but we feel we've got the balance right. If people want to support the site it's their own choice.

Fair enough and thanks for a decent reply .. not like some on here

Jag7
04-07-2017, 10:10 AM
No.

I don't want to pay a fiver a month to use this site. If people want to pay it to get info a bit earlier, fair enough, but I'm not that bothered.

It would be £5 A YEAR

Mikey09
04-07-2017, 10:11 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

...Hawd on!! You talking aboot me?!

Andy74
04-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Forster has already 'cut it' it in League 2. He's already played in that league for a team that reached the play-off finals that season and that team has a far higher pedigree than either Cheltenham Town or Cambridge Utd, for that matter. That was at a time he couldn't get a game for a club that finished third in the Scottish Championship but could get a game at a top League 2 side until his freak injury.

I saw the play off game. Foster came on, had a nightmare and gave away a penalty. He might have played in that league but not sure he will stand out at that level. He has good attributes but seems to get caught out far too
much.

easty
04-07-2017, 10:17 AM

No really though, he wasn't a regular starter for Plymouth.

easty
04-07-2017, 10:18 AM
I saw the play off game. Foster came on, had a nightmare and gave away a penalty. He might have played in that league but not sure he will stand out at that level. He has good attributes but seems to get caught out far too
much.

And he only came on in that game in the 85th minute!

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 10:25 AM
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveeng.htm

There are 38 teams in England who had better crowds than us last season. Cambridge, with their 3k attendances were not one of them.

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2017, 10:26 AM

I suppose you can hardly blame them, south of Gretna I would imagine the coverage of Scottish football is practically non existent, all they know about it is when some Scottish ex player who hasn't set foot in the country for about 20 years, let alone been to a game here, comes on to talk sport or 5 live to tell them how pish our game is.

I cant help thinking if half of the folk who come onto these lower league forums came up to a game at Easter Road they would be astonished at the quality of the stadium and the size and enthusiasm of the crowds ............ they would probably ask themselves 'how the hell can we afford to pay players more than this club?' ......... don't worry lads, its a conundrum we struggle with too, even if in truth we all know the answer :greengrin

What annoys me more than anything though isn't the dissing of our football on the park, its the failure to recognise what an incredible feat it is that a country of 5 million people can sustain a professional football league of 40 clubs, half of which are full time, with nothing like the financial resources available to English clubs through TV and advertising revenue .... that demands respect in my opinion, but then again its a fact too often ignored by our own public, never mind folk south of the border.

worcesterhibby
04-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Private members only pay £10 a year..all excess money collected is then donated to Hibs to use for youth teams etc. It's not a "clique" in any sense of the word that I know, as absolutely anyone can get access to the members forum by paying £10 a year..no secret handshakes, no forwarder or seconder..just £10 for a year.. that's just less than 3p a day. Every penny of that goes towards running the site, or benefits Hibs.

Is there a lot more inside info about transfers etc on the members forum ? yes sometimes, but to be honest i just pay, because I really love having access to Hibs.net and want to make sure it continues.

As for an update on Luke Berry...things are currently being held up by the fact that he wants assurances that the new South American midfielder we are signing won't take his starting place in the team.

Callum_62
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
As for an update on Luke Berry...things are currently being held up by the fact that he wants assurances that the new South American midfielder we are signing won't take his starting place in the team.

The man from Delmonte.

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Cambridge are probably about the same size of club as Raith or St Mirren. Their fans are deluding themselves if they think playing for Hibs isn't a step up.

Cambridge Utd averaged 4,737 supporters at home games last season which was less than a third of our average.

Mr Grieves
04-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Record saying we're unable to agree personal terms

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-10731114

B.H.F.C
04-07-2017, 10:57 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-10731114

Had a feeling that was going to happen.

BroxburnHibee
04-07-2017, 10:58 AM

"Record saying" is where I stop reading :greengrin

CapitalGreen
04-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Would this mean we are now onto at least our 3rd choice after missing out on both Sercombe and Berry?

Vault Boy

Ughhhhh

NORTHERNHIBBY

The Uber forum. You not had your invite?

yonder1875
04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I suppose you can hardly blame them, south of Gretna I would imagine the coverage of Scottish football is practically non existent, all they know about it is when some Scottish ex player who hasn't set foot in the country for about 20 years, let alone been to a game here, comes on to talk sport or 5 live to tell them how pish our game is.

I cant help thinking if half of the folk who come onto these lower league forums came up to a game at Easter Road they would be astonished at the quality of the stadium and the size and enthusiasm of the crowds ............ they would probably ask themselves 'how the hell can we afford to pay players more than this club?' ......... don't worry lads, its a conundrum we struggle with too, even if in truth we all know the answer :greengrin

What annoys me more than anything though isn't the dissing of our football on the park, its the failure to recognise what an incredible feat it is that a country of 5 million people can sustain a professional football league of 40 clubs, half of which are full time, with nothing like the financial resources available to English clubs through TV and advertising revenue .... that demands respect in my opinion, but then again its a fact too often ignored by our own public, never mind folk south of the border.

Well said mate.

HibeeMackenzie
04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
If he doesn't want to sign we move on and bring in someone who does. Plenty of good attacking midfielders going for the money we were willing to spend on him

Since90+2
04-07-2017, 11:06 AM
The two parties must be fairly close as I cant see it getting to the stage of being shown round East Mains unless some ball park figures have been discussed beforehand.

easty
04-07-2017, 11:09 AM
The Uber forum. You not had your invite?

Nah, is that where yous talk about me behind my back?

18Hibee75
04-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Wow. The ignorance of English football fans who have never seen a game up here really frustrates me. Got a lot of family who are Cardiff City fans and they all seem to reckon that hibs, Aberdeen, rangers and Hearts would certainly cut it in the championship and that Celtic would possibly stay in Premier league. Hard to disagree with that but when you see fans say "Celtic wouldnt stay in league 1" and "Scottish football is ie non league" its very annoying.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
04-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Unable to agree terms, apparently.
I thought it looked too good to be true, think he could earn more elsewhere.

Brightside
04-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Or an agent leaking to the press so we add a bit more to the offer. Word on the street is he doesn't want to live in Dunbar. 😂

number9dream
04-07-2017, 11:11 AM

If so, is Hendo next on the list or make Motherwell a proper offer for Cadden?

ancient hibee
04-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Or an agent leaking to the press so we add a bit more to the offer. Word on the street is he doesn't want to live in Dunbar. 😂
What about Port Seton?

Aldo
04-07-2017, 11:15 AM
The two parties must be fairly close as I cant see it getting to the stage of being shown round East Mains unless some ball park figures have been discussed beforehand.

Yip. Still going to be positive about this.

ian cruise
04-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Unable to agree terms, apparently.
I thought it looked too good to be true, think he could earn more elsewhere.

This is why we can't compete with the big clubs. Get him in there with a cup of tea and lock the door. Make sure all negotiations are in offices at least three storeys up so the only way out is to sign or jump out the window. I wish we'd stop being amateur.

Jag7
04-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Private members only pay £10 a year..all excess money collected is then donated to Hibs to use for youth teams etc. It's not a "clique" in any sense of the word that I know, as absolutely anyone can get access to the members forum by paying £10 a year..no secret handshakes, no forwarder or seconder..just £10 for a year.. that's just less than 3p a day. Every penny of that goes towards running the site, or benefits Hibs.

Is there a lot more inside info about transfers etc on the members forum ? yes sometimes, but to be honest i just pay, because I really love having access to Hibs.net and want to make sure it continues.

😂

Diclonius
04-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Getting fed up of this.

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 11:23 AM
If true it's a blow to lose these targets at this stage of the window. There's obviously a lot of time and effort goes into this to end in nothing. It's another day closer to the season starting and more pre season being lost. You would hope there are some in the pipeline but we keep being told things are imminent (by the press) yet nothing is getting over the line.

The Whitaker delay seems odd too but there are other areas of the squad that need to be addressed fairly quickly.

yonder1875
04-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Would have been a decent coup to get him but I won't lose too much sleep if we don't sign him. If we lost out on a midfielder that scored 20 goals in Germany's 4th tier, no one would bat an eyelid.

ian cruise
04-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Bet we've offered him pennies. A player who's scored that many goals and is wanted by League 1 clubs is not going to be cheap. No chance we'll be challenging anywhere near the top if we keep missing out on our top targets.

I doubt we have offered him pennies. The club will have offered a fair wage for where they see him in the squad. The guy has a good record in league 2, definitely worth a shot but not worth blowing any budgets on. He's as much chance of doing nothing of note as he has of being a world beater.

Greenworld
04-07-2017, 11:28 AM
If true it's a blow to lose these targets at this stage of the window. There's obviously a lot of time and effort goes into this to end in nothing. It's another day closer to the season starting and more pre season being lost. You would hope there are some in the pipeline but we keep being told things are imminent (by the press) yet nothing is getting over the line.

The Whitaker delay seems odd too but there are other areas of the squad that need to be addressed fairly quickly.
Petrie 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Col2
04-07-2017, 11:31 AM
We just don't pay enough. Still trying to squeeze every penny.

Aldo
04-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Bet we've offered him pennies. A player who's scored that many goals and is wanted by League 1 clubs is not going to be cheap. No chance we'll be challenging anywhere near the top if we keep missing out on our top targets.

How do you know what we have offered! There are many things that can change. I hope it's a minor blip.

Why so negative?

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 11:33 AM
I doubt we have offered him pennies. The club will have offered a fair wage for where they see him in the squad. The guy has a good record in league 2, definitely worth a shot but not worth blowing any budgets on. He's as much chance of doing nothing of note as he has of being a world beater.

He was obviously still a target the club wanted so it's all time and effort that could have gone into someone else. So I'm bothered a bit.

Beefster
04-07-2017, 11:33 AM
If people want to pay it to get info a bit earlier, fair enough, but I'm not that bothered.

Some of us just contribute to the site out of a sense of responsibility. That and I don't want those personalised ads for Viagra and Rubber Gimp Suits popping up on my laptop when I'm browsing hibs.net in front of Mrs Beefster.

BSEJVT
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM

On the basis of what exactly would you make that bet?

Iain G
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Some of us just contribute to the site out of a sense of responsibility. That and I don't want those personalised ads for Viagra and Rubber Gimp Suits popping up on my laptop when I'm browsing hibs.net in front of Mrs Beefster.

I don't think those are anything to do with hibs.net Beefster :wink::greengrin

superfurryhibby
04-07-2017, 11:35 AM

Do you have inside info on the contract negotiations or are you just trumpeting a loadae Tom Kite?

CallumHibs07
04-07-2017, 11:36 AM
How do you know what we have offered! There are many things that can change. I hope it's a minor blip.

Why so negative?

Because it looks like we've missed out on yet another target. Hopefully things do change though and we can get it over the line.

Niffy
04-07-2017, 11:36 AM
What about Port Seton?

I live in Dunbar, and shot a wedding in Port Seton on Saturday. Do I win £5 ?

number9dream
04-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Wage to turnover ratio has to stay at 60% or so. Any higher and it's reckless.
The club must have a ballpark notion of what salary a player is looking for shortly after contact is made.

Aldo
04-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Because it looks like we've missed out on yet another target. Hopefully things do change though and we can get it over the line.

Because the DR is reporting it??

Let's wait and see. I know this for sure though, he will either sign or he won't! If he doesn't we have to move on.

I am more than certain that the management team will do their best to get things done.

Hibs90
04-07-2017, 11:39 AM

What other targets have we missed out on??

The Leith Dutch
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM

I seriously doubt we made a bid of £250,000 and offered him pennies.

There was speculation that he's on £2k a week at Cambridge so the most likely reason is he's come in and (not unreasonably for a player that's the subject of a £250k bid) asked for 5k or more which, if it is in our budget, isn't going to be on offer for what is a risk for a player who's success is all at League 2 level.

At £3k a week and a 3 year deal it's a £700k gamble with the transfer fee for example.
At £5k a week the same deal is over a million.
He may even have asked for more in which case there probably wasn't even a decision to be made before saying No.

It might not sit well with any of us but our top line wages wise isn't going to be impressive any time soon compared to England.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
If we can't agree terms with an English League Two player then we need to calm the ham even suggesting that we can get Stokes, Henderson etc.

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Wage to turnover ratio has to stay at 60% or so. Any higher and it's reckless.
The club must have a ballpark notion of what salary a player is looking for shortly after contact is made.

I would have thought so too or why travel up from Cambridge if you know we're miles apart on pay. It's something that must have been a goer to start with. Maybe other parties are turning his head now, who knows!

CRAZYHIBBY
04-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Just speaking to my source who is connected to the Philadelphia experiment and he says the deal is off as berry wasnt happy with the amount of mcdonalds vouchers on offer

CallumHibs07
04-07-2017, 11:42 AM
What other targets have we missed out on??

Boyce, Moult, Stewart, Lafferty...

Souter96Mac
04-07-2017, 11:43 AM
If he's not happy with what we're offering then he can go do one imo. I would rather players who want to play for this club, and I'm sure Lenny isn't offering him buttons. That's if all this news is true tbf.

H18 SFR
04-07-2017, 11:43 AM

That we know of. Surely record income. Where on earth is the money actually going?

scoopyboy
04-07-2017, 11:44 AM
On the basis of what exactly would you make that bet?

Absolutely f*** all.

scoopyboy
04-07-2017, 11:44 AM
That we know of. Surely record income. Where on earth is the money actually going?

Do you think Hibs are doing something inappropriate with the money?

Andy74
04-07-2017, 11:45 AM

When were these confirmed by Hibs as targets?

Aldo
If we can't agree terms with an English League Two player then we need to calm the ham even suggesting that we can get Stokes, Henderson etc.

Why? Deals are made up differently. Some may receive a signing on fee paid up over the season, thus allowing us to pay them a lower weekly wage.

I am confident we will see quality. Some else mentioned that it may take longer to sign a quality player rather than an average one.

We will see the quality I am certain of that!

ShadesLongThrow
Could be his club have offered him an increase in money to stay. Particularly if their fans are up in arms that he is potentially moving on.

scoopyboy

And you know this how?

Real Emerald
04-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Could be his club have offered him an increase in money to stay. Particularly if their fans are up in arms that he is potentially moving on.

He might have seen the weather!

Aldo
04-07-2017, 11:47 AM

Who said we were in for any of them?? Paper talk. Lafferty didn't even speak with us so how do you get that one.

Moult??? Another?

Players being linked and players who we have targeted are totally different. Your head is being turned by the DR and Banderson's pish at the EEN!

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Daily Ranger also reporting that Aberdeens deal for Maloney also looking doubtful

superfurryhibby
04-07-2017, 11:48 AM
And you know this how?

It was on Hibs. Net so surely it must be true?

southern hibby
04-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Without doubt the best post I've read on here in ages.

GGTTH

CallumHibs07
When were these confirmed by Hibs as targets?

And you know this how?

Nobody knows (other than the Lafferty one), but they are players we've been supposedly after. Or shall we just pretend we've only been after the ones we actually sign :rolleyes:

Golden Bear

Looks like we were interested in talking to Lafferty but other than that I wasn't aware that we have officially expressed an interest in the others?

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Be funny if Hibs threw the record a dummy bone about the deal collapsing and then Kenny Miller at the Sun exclusively broke the story of him signing a 4 year deal at Easter Road

ElginHibbie
04-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Nobody knows (other than the Lafferty one), but they are players we've been supposedly after. Or shall we just pretend we've only been after the ones we actually sign :rolleyes:

No, pretending we are after every name mentioned on here seems like a much better way to do things, then we can all just slag the club off for stuff they haven't even done :aok:

Hibs90
04-07-2017, 11:53 AM

So...nobody knows... yet you have proclaimed they were targets?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2e/bc/88/2ebc88321c0ebc1e6d970cf13293c485.jpg

Ozyhibby
04-07-2017, 11:53 AM

What we do know is that our first competitive game is a week on Saturday and we are nowhere near ready for it.

Hibee87
04-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Nobody knows (other than the Lafferty one), but they are players we've been supposedly after. Or shall we just pretend we've only been after the ones we actually sign :rolleyes:The only time the other names have been mentioned were on here as players we would 'like', that doesn't make it official targets or ones we 'missed out on'

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Daily Ranger also reporting that Aberdeens deal for Maloney also looking doubtful

...and all the The Rangers deals are nearing completion. Funny that.:cb

Brightside
04-07-2017, 11:55 AM
What we do know is that our first competitive game is a week on Saturday and we are nowhere near ready for it.

Man the life boats!

The_Horde
04-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Has someone came in and matched us before the deals over the line?

Rumoured Milwall or Pompey interest real?

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2017, 11:58 AM

What a *******. :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
04-07-2017, 11:59 AM

No. We should say we don't know who our targets other than when we sign them or have something to back it up.

You've listed some name for a variety of reasons - some good players, some linked with us in gossip.
The fact we haven't signed those players doesn't mean we've "missed out on our targets".

Missing out on Berry would look to be a missed target as there appears to be more than rumour and it looks like a bid was made.
That too might be nonsense but this looks likely to be a missed target.

With the other names there's nothing to suggest we were seriously in for them.

scoopyboy
04-07-2017, 12:01 PM
It was on Hibs. Net so surely it must be true?

Never thought of that tbh.:wink:

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Be really disappointed if we miss out on him. Surely he would be given an idea of wages before travelling up to the training ground?

scoopyboy

Exactly.

You're the one pretending.

truehibernian
Do you think Hibs are doing something inappropriate with the money?

I find signing Lennon, Stokes, Fyvie, McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson, Cummings (extension), Marciano, Ambrose, Holt, McGregor..............winning the Scottish Cup, Championship, getting to League Cup finals and semis, and being unbeaten in 7 derbies...........wholly inappropriate spending :greengrin

People really need to calm down and have patience and trust LD and NL - we've spent very wisely last 3 seasons and got end results from the spending the last two seasons. To suggest Hibs are penny pinching is daft - we are spending within our means, yet we are very competitive with the teams around us.

I still predict 3 signings this week :aok:

scoopyboy
04-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Ozy, take a chill pill ffs.

We are nowhere ready to take on Montrose at Easter Road a week on Saturday.

Get a grip.

cheltenhamhibee
04-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Would this mean we are now onto at least our 3rd choice after missing out on both Sercombe and Berry?Sercombe is no great loss, but Berry is a cracking wee player, I hope the Daily ****** are off the mark about him

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:11 PM
The record say it could be on the verge of collapse. We've still not heard anything from either club yet or any other papers/news outlets. Let's just hope we bump up our offer enough to get him to sign. He looks a very good prospect. Would also be a worry if we are missing out on the managers top targets.

jeffers
04-07-2017, 12:22 PM
The record say it could be on the verge of collapse. We've still not heard anything from either club yet or any other papers/news outlets. Let's just hope we bump up our offer enough to get him to sign. He looks a very good prospect. Would also be a worry if we are missing out on the managers top targets.

If he was one of our main targets it would indeed be disappointing to miss out. Like you I'd have thought wages would have been discussed before he made the trip up here. Unless of course we hoped he'd be so impressed by the training centre he'd take a lesser wage :greengrin

Baw187
04-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Ozy, take a chill pill ffs.

We are nowhere ready to take on Montrose at Easter Road a week on Saturday.

Get a grip.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303]

Spot on!

BSEJVT
04-07-2017, 12:24 PM

And you have inside information that all or even one of them was actually a target of the club precisely how?

BTW Lafferty's agent pitching up for talks confirms nothing particularly as the player was event there.

Are there any other criticisms you want to make of the club no an get it all of your chest?

You read ***** on the board and ***** in the papers and believe it and the club say nothing of any of these supposed targets and are castigated.

Seems to me the problem is more yours than the club?

Btw I have some great magic beans for sale if you are interested?

Badge
04-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Swanson

Graham
Murray

Even if there are no further signings before next Saturday are you saying that team would not be good enough to beat Montrose?

SouthMoroccoStu
04-07-2017, 12:25 PM
And when did we start trusting the Daily Ranger?

Brightside
04-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Swanson

Graham
Murray

Even if there are no further signings before next Saturday are you saying that team would not be good enough to beat Montrose?

That team will be good enough to win most games this season.

matty_f
04-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Regardless of the accuracy of the Daily Record's article, we do seem to have a particular knack of not quite getting deals over the line, which I'm sure just frustrate Lennon.

Could just be the reality of being the size of club we are, but I can't think that we would have gone into discussions with players without knowing whether or not we'd be in a position to meet their wage.

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 12:28 PM
That team will be good enough to win most games this season.

Not with that strike force....neither of them would be certain starters for most other teams in our league

Tamhere1875
04-07-2017, 12:29 PM
The Luke Berry deal is dead. Due to some so-called Hibs supporters putting up personal details on the interweb. These people know who they are and one thing they are not is Hibs supporters. This is not the first time these people have stuck a spanner in the works and it's time they stopped.

CallumHibs07
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
BTW Lafferty's agent pitching up for talks confirms nothing particularly as the player was event there.

Confirms nothing :faf:

Yeah, sure he was just there for a cup of tea with Lenny.

Badge
Not with that strike force....neither of them would be certain starters for most other teams in our league

There will be strikers brought in but this is based on the players available for next Saturday.

Didn't include Hanlon or Fontaine as I don't know if they will be fit.

oldbutdim
the luke berry deal is dead. Due to some so-called hibs supporters putting up personal details on the interweb. These people know who they are and one thing they are not is hibs supporters. This is not the first time these people have stuck a spanner in the works and it's time they stopped.

wtf?

Kato
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
The Luke Berry deal is dead. Due to some so-called Hibs supporters putting up personal details on the interweb. These people know who they are and one thing they are not is Hibs supporters. This is not the first time these people have stuck a spanner in the works and it's time they stopped.

How does that work then? Which personal details where?

CapitalGreen
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM

What are you on about mate?

adhibs
04-07-2017, 12:33 PM

Need a bit of a further explanation than that?

SouthMoroccoStu

Eh?

Maybe a Whoosh moment for me but I'm lost

Andy74

Eh?

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:34 PM

What personal details are you on about?

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2017, 12:35 PM
How does that work then? Which personal details where?

He's apparently a 29 inch inside leg, short arse was never good enough.

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 12:37 PM

????

Kato
04-07-2017, 12:38 PM
He's apparently a 29 inch inside leg, short arse was never good enough.

Intrusive putting that out ont' web. Is that including the turn-up?

18Hibee75
Can you explain please??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

hibbycraig

This is like high school. I know a secret and I'm not telling you nah nah nah nah nah.

truehibernian
04-07-2017, 12:40 PM

Come on, behave mate - he's clearly highly rated and had other teams after him. He wouldn't have come up to see EM and had talks if he wasn't interested to see what Hibs had to offer. Deal may not be off, but other club(s) may want to speak to him. Certainly if Championship sides in England are keen then it's no embarrassment to concede defeat in being able to compete financially. I think we will be in the market for players who will require pay-off's/severance and want regular football again anyway.

Have patience.

The_Horde
Surely just means details of the whole deal being released? Don't think it was on here until it came on sky though!

Heisenberg
I haven't seen a single bit of info about the deal/personal details online from any Hibs fans at all.

CapitalGreen
04-07-2017, 12:41 PM
I haven't seen a single bit of info about the deal/personal details online from any Hibs fans at all.

Aye, it's just attention seeking nonsense.

My_Wife_Camille
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Aye, it's just attention seeking nonsense.
No it's not

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 12:43 PM
No it's not

So what's he on about then?

Ken
04-07-2017, 12:44 PM
No it's not

That'll help clear up the confusion. Cheers [emoji1303]

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 12:48 PM
It might not be nonsense but it is most certainly attention seeking.

Baw187
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM
No it's not

Eh, unless there is going to be a fuller explanation of what he's going on about, then it well and truly is.

The_Horde
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM
It might not be nonsense but it is most certainly attention seeking.

Or the guys telling you all that he can without causing aggro?

brog
04-07-2017, 12:53 PM
A few days ago practically no Hibs fan had heard of Luke Berry. Now it appears most posters are in an uproar that we may lose out on him. Personally I'm happy that he's the kind of guy we're looking at, a refreshing change from 30+ players with a prior NL connection. If we get him then great, if we don't then we move on. It's really not our fault that we can't compete with the ludicrous money down south. Even Celtc realistically struggle to attract players. Their main selling point is the Champions League & the opportunity for players to put themselves in the shop window. I'm sure we do likewise, after all we'll be on UK wide TV about 10 or 12 times this season which is probably 10 or 12 more than Cambridge. If a player puts short term gain over long term opportunity then that's their choice.

superfurryhibby
04-07-2017, 12:54 PM
So what's he on about then?

He doesn't know and is probably too busy posting another reply under one of his other Hibs. Net aliases to answer.

Berry probably had some release clause, hence the offer we made was accepted. We must have been in the ballpark with the qages that would undoubtedly have been indicated at some point. He comes up and has a look, meets the manager etc. In the meantime other suitors decide to up the ante, makes overtures etc, etc....... Is this not a relatively common occurence?

Baw187
04-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Or the guys telling you all that he can without causing aggro?

If there is any substance in what he's saying then I'm pretty sure it can be explained in vague enough terms as to give some indication as to what has happened without implicating anyone or causing agro!

Certainly no more than he already would be dropping that bombshell on a public forum.

I smell pish and *****.

Since90+2
04-07-2017, 12:59 PM
I find it quite unlikely that information posted on a football forum can scupper a transfer deal involving professional clubs and players.

If Luke Berry doesn't sign then its likely because we have not met his wage demands and/or he has had a better offer from elsewhere.

Heisenberg
04-07-2017, 01:00 PM
What personal details? Where were they posted? How did it ruin the deal? So many questions. Sounds like pish to me.

Lago
04-07-2017, 01:02 PM
On the Bounce saying its a failure to agree personal terms.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Attention seeking ********.

Last Minute
04-07-2017, 01:16 PM
sounds like Bull

ancient hibee
04-07-2017, 01:17 PM

You've totally missed the point on that one.Lafferty uses more than one agent.One of them fixed a deal with Hearts.Keith Gillespie was trying to muscle in on the action and get a percentage for himself.

MikeyS
04-07-2017, 01:21 PM

you cant really believe that? so neither of them would hold down a place for Ross County, Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Dundee, Kilmarnock?

i'll give you that Celtic, Aberdeen, Sevco and Hearts have better options but not a chance the others do. I do agree that we do need more quality in that area and I firmly believe that we will get it too.

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 01:23 PM
you cant really believe that? so neither of them would hold down a place for Ross County, Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Dundee, Kilmarnock?

i'll give you that Celtic, Aberdeen, Sevco and Hearts have better options but not a chance the others do. I do agree that we do need more quality in that area and I firmly believe that we will get it too.

Not saying they wouldn't get any game time, but no - don't think Graham is a likely starting 11 player for any of those teams ...and Murray has still to prove himself so would likely be in and out the team - as he was last season for United.

Marco G
04-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Not saying they wouldn't get any game time, but no - don't think Graham is a likely starting 11 player for any of those teams ...and Murray has still to prove himself so would likely be in and out the team - as he was last season for United.
Well Graham was starting for Ross County and scoring plenty until we stepped in to sign him!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Well Graham was starting for Ross County and scoring plenty until we stepped in to sign him!

....Graham started 3 league games for County the season we signed him, and came on as a sub twice.

The season before he started 16 games and came on as a sub 15 times...

he did indeed have a good goal to game ratio of 0.47 goals per game

Marco G
04-07-2017, 01:41 PM
....Graham started 3 league games for County the season we signed him, and came on as a sub twice.

The season before he started 16 games and came on as a sub 15 times...

he did indeed have a good goal to game ratio of 0.47 goals per game
Yeah, and we signed him at the start of that season, so he did not get the chance to play many games did he, but still scored 6 goals in 3 betfred cup matches

bigwheel
04-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah, and we signed him at the start of that season, so he did not get the chance to play many games did he, but still scored 6 goals in 3 betfred cup matches

your points are simply backing up my original point - he gets regular game time but not a guaranteed starter...he started just over 50% of his games there..and the season we signed him, he was doing the same.

this started with a team showing Murray and Graham as our front two - my response is that they would not be good enough to win us most games - I stand by that. Not sure what your point is ..you think that strike force would be good for us this season?

easty
04-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Brian Graham is humpty, I'm no bothered about what he did for Ross County, or how many goals he scored in that wee League Cup group stage thing where he got to play against Cove Rangers.

I want Hibs to be a top 6 side (at least that), and Graham isn't good enough for that.

Since90+2
04-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Graham is not the standard we need if we want to be challenging for top 3 or 4 in the country. I dont imagine he is on alot of dough though so to a certain extent you get what you pay for.

BSEJVT
04-07-2017, 01:55 PM

Maybe he was hawking a player he didn't have the rights to and Lennon saw him out of courtesy to an old international team mate.

Maybe he was an opportunity rather than a target and we asked the question on his demands and thought **** that?

Do you know? Me neither.

it would be really nice for a change if all those who are determined to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone and anything that paints the club negatively, gave the club the same benefit of the doubt.

Hibs supporters, my arse.

HoboHarry
04-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Maybe he was hawking a player he didn't have the rights to and Lennon saw him out of courtesy to an old international team mate.

Maybe he was an opportunity rather than a target and we asked the question on his demands and thought **** that?

Do you know? Me neither.

it would be really nice for a change if all those who are determined to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone and anything that paints the club negatively, gave the club the same benefit of the doubt.

Hibs supporters, my arse.
Well said. The breeding rate of the hysterical's is becoming astonishing. :agree:

Pretty Boy
04-07-2017, 02:14 PM
If any football club, player or agent really believes a deal can be done these days without all kinds of speculation on forum, social media and so on then they are deluded.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with the Berry deal?

Onion
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Graham is not the standard we need if we want to be challenging for top 3 or 4 in the country. I dont imagine he is on alot of dough though so to a certain extent you get what you pay for.

Graham was dreadful in the Championship and nowhere near the quality we need or should be expecting for a club with 12000 season ticket holders ! Unless we add quality to the strike force, we could be in for a frustrating season watching our excellent defence do everything possible to keep the opposition out but Hibs unable to capitalise up front.

SRHibs
04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Graham will be good for 30+ goals this season. We'll be playing 4-5-1 with Graham up front on his own. Can't wait!:flag::flag:

Earlydelivery
04-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Have faith in Lennon guys , I've just been told berry deal still up and running .

Leith Green
04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
I do wonder wether Hibs have been used as a pawn here by the player and his agent.

SteveHFC
04-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Graham will be good for 30+ goals this season. We'll be playing 4-5-1 with Graham up front on his own. Can't wait!:flag::flag:

This.

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 03:13 PM
It would appear that the signing of Luke has hit the buffers.

Apparently the cab driver who picked Luke up from the airport did not understand Luke's posh Cambridge accent.

Luke asked the the cabbie to drive to..
The Hi-Bees at East Mains and was driven to The Busy Bee at Saughton Mains :offski:

Not to worry.

I am sure there will be some good news on the transfer front before the week is out.

Wont there?

greenpaper55
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Presumably we paid good enough money for Marciano , Swanson and Ambrose ? if it's not good enough there are hundreds of other players looking for clubs.

GreenLake
04-07-2017, 03:26 PM
It would appear that the signing of Luke has hit the buffers.

Apparently the cab driver who picked Luke up from the airport did not understand Luke's posh Cambridge accent.

Luke asked the the cabbie to drive to..
The Hi-Bees at East Mains and was driven to The Busy Bee at Saughton Mains :offski:

Not to worry.

I am sure there will be some good news on the transfer front before the week is out.

Wont there?

The accents in Cambridge are either Town or Gown with the latter being the posh one. I'm not sure which Luke has or if he is even a local or a cantab.

Sean1875
04-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Have faith in Lennon guys , I've just been told berry deal still up and running .

I hope you're right mate, keeping my fingers crossed we get this one across the line soon!

Slavers
04-07-2017, 03:48 PM
It's not Luke'n Berry likely that this will go through now, I remain hopeful though.

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 03:56 PM
The accents in Cambridge are either Town or Gown with the latter being the posh one. I'm not sure which Luke has or if he is even a local or a cantab.

Just a bit of fun about accents
But thanks for that on the Gowns
I assume that they are Silver Spoon College Chaps

It appears from the media that an offer has been accepted by Cambridge
Lets wait and see what happens next with the player(and his agent)
The best information will come from Easter Road.

Time yet to get players on board.
I am in the "don't panic" section on here.

Neil got Rocky and Efe to return .
Dont be surprised to see similar quality arriving soon.

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 03:59 PM
It's not Luke'n Berry likely that this will go through now, I remain hopeful though.
Berry much agree with that
I guess Neil, will continue Luke-ing elsewhere,and possibly (at last) Deliver Hendo

RamYer1902
04-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Hibs would put 4 or 5 past Cambridge.

Hibby70
04-07-2017, 04:26 PM

I think we could even outrow them.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Aye , but is that with Luke in our team or theirs?:greengrin

LancsHibs
04-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Reckon we should Chuck Berry and move on to another target

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Reckon we should Chuck Berry and move on to another target

Do you have long distance information

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 05:15 PM
I think we could even outrow them.
Not sure about that, very good going forward ,attacking in waves

I think we can Berry the notion of him if coming to the club. if he has not signed by tonight or the morn.

Jim44
04-07-2017, 05:19 PM
If, as we're led to believe, the stumbling block is personal terms, ( boils down to money I guess ), it makes you wonder how things get off the ground in the first place. I would have thought that each party would have a reasonable idea of the ballpark figure the other was thinking about. What's the point in progressing if either is so far out that agreement is unlikely. Frustrating.

eastcoasthibby
04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I do wonder wether Hibs have been used as a pawn here by the player and his agent.

Seems to be the way of it agents playing there greedy barstewards role !! lining their pockets ..how much have.these people knackered the game ?

Big L
04-07-2017, 05:24 PM
It's unthinkable that we could get to the point where offer has been accepted, the player travels to Edinburgh and no one at any time has discussed wages, you couldn't make it up!

hfc rd
04-07-2017, 05:27 PM
It's unthinkable that we could get to the point where offer has been accepted, the player travels to Edinburgh and no one at any time has discussed wages, you couldn't make it up!

The part I'm really boggled with is that many reports stating that he was given a tour round East Mains? Surely this happens once the player has signed. Unless it was part of the sales pitch?

Mick O'Rourke
04-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Well the Clubs appear to have agreed on a fee
So i dont see anything odd about the player coming to Edinburgh to talk personal terms,have a look around the City,find accommodation,etc
Not something that can be done by phone

Velma Dinkley
04-07-2017, 05:35 PM

You definitely could.

Zazu62
04-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Wonder how much he is on at Cambridge? Maybe seen that Portsmouth etc are interested and probably fancys that