PDA

View Full Version : Squad: What's still needed?

Crab apple
01-07-2017, 10:17 AM
What's Lennon looking for? I'd be happy with two quality strikers (one target man and one poacher) and a couple of wide midfielders.

Pete70
01-07-2017, 10:30 AM
2 strikers and a creative midfielder that can unlock defences

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2017, 10:34 AM
One striker to go with Murray,Shaw and Graham,pacy midfielder who can give us width.

ian cruise
01-07-2017, 10:37 AM
2 strikers, one central midfielder and ideally another wide player. I feel if we get 4 quality signings in those positions then we're good to go for the season ahead. Happy to utilise our young players to play their part too.

FifeHibs
01-07-2017, 10:42 AM
1 defender
2 midfielders 1 which can play on the wing. (if Dylan is injured we maybe short)
2 strikers maybe 3 if Brian Graham goes.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Half time ring girls with huge breasts and asses that taste like french vanilla ice cream would be a fantastic addition to the squad

danhibees1875
01-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Marciano/ Laidlaw

Gray/?
McGregor/Fontaine
Hanlon/Ambrose
Stevenson/Crane

Bartley/?
Mcginn/Martin
McGeoch/Murray
Swanson/?

Boyle/?
Murray/?

5 players either from signings or a genuine belief that someone from the development squad can step up.

Brightside
01-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Fans with perspective.

Big L
01-07-2017, 11:17 AM
2 strikers and a creative midfielder that can unlock defences

This is all we need , imo

Waxy
01-07-2017, 11:17 AM
2 strikers 1 midfielder.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-07-2017, 11:20 AM
2 strikers and a winger. If I'm being greedy then another centre mid to cover Dylan who's constantly injured

ian cruise
01-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Marciano/ Laidlaw

Gray/?
McGregor/Fontaine
Hanlon/Ambrose
Stevenson/Crane

Bartley/?
Mcginn/Martin
McGeoch/Murray
Swanson/?

Boyle/?
Murray/?

5 players either from signings or a genuine belief that someone from the development squad can step up.

Ambrose can cover right back and Ambrose and Hanlon can cover DM if needed. Not ideal but if it means spending cash on 3 better quality attacking players and using them alongside youth in defence I would be content

danhibees1875
01-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Ambrose can cover right back and Ambrose and Hanlon can cover DM if needed. Not ideal but if it means spending cash on 3 better quality attacking players and using them alongside youth in defence I would be content
Agreed - was just trying to double up every position, which isn't really necessary baring an injury crisis. Has PH or EA ever played CDM?

Focusing resources on a creative/goal scoring midfielder and reliable strikers is crucial.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Agreed - was just trying to double up every position, which isn't really necessary baring an injury crisis. Has PH or EA ever played CDM?

Focusing resources on a creative/goal scoring midfielder and reliable strikers is crucial.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hanlon has. I wanna say in a game against the rangers 2 seasons ago. Started there anyway but went back to CB when fonts went off I think?

Looked composed enough in there and could step up in a worst case scenario

DTS
01-07-2017, 11:38 AM
A couple of strikers and then a couple midfielders depending on how we want to play either more cover in the middle or wide maybe just one of each! Whittaker in for cover at the back purely cause it'll be gutting if it doesn't come through now although not a priority, maybe another centre back with Forster away but I think 4 is plenty if we don't loan porteuos. To be honest any player in any position that can strengthen the squad will be welcome can't have too much quality

Bob Box Fish
01-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Crane any good? Wouldn't mind a left back that can get forward and deliver crosses into the box. Looking at Lennons signings looks like we will go 352...

jeffers
01-07-2017, 11:43 AM
We've lost Cummings and Holt, our first choice strikers from last season + Keatings who played when Cummings was out. We've signed Murray and still have Graham, who for a big guy doesn't put himself about enough and generally isn't good enough imo.

So a physical striker and a goalscorer please plus another two midfielders - Fyvie gone and based on past seasons nothing to suggest McGeouch will stay fit long enough to make a regular contribution.

Oh and Whittaker too please as he can cover both fullback positions.

Borderhibbie76
01-07-2017, 12:19 PM
One striker to go with Murray,Shaw and Graham,pacy midfielder who can give us width.
I'd say we need at least 2 mate and don't see Graham staying...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hfc-1875
01-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Hopefully a striker, centre mid, winger and a full back.

BarneyHibby
01-07-2017, 12:54 PM
2 strikers 1 midfielder.this.

BSEJVT
01-07-2017, 01:12 PM
IMO if Hanlon & McGeouch were likely to stay fit for most of the season we would need a left winger and 2 strikers.

The fact that Hanlon and McGeouch's past injury problems mean neither is guaranteed to stay fit, would want me to get cover particularly for the latter.

I wonder if Lennon is planning to deploy SJM (if he stays) in a deeper playmaker role as an upgrade on Fyvie.

If he is not I wonder who is going to link the defence and midfield and take the ball from Bartley if McGeouch cant remain fit.

Nevi_SOL
01-07-2017, 01:15 PM
We've lost Cummings and Holt, our first choice strikers from last season + Keatings who played when Cummings was out. We've signed Murray and still have Graham, who for a big guy doesn't put himself about enough and generally isn't good enough imo.

So a physical striker and a goalscorer please plus another two midfielders - Fyvie gone and based on past seasons nothing to suggest McGeouch will stay fit long enough to make a regular contribution.

Oh and Whittaker too please as he can cover both fullback positions.

You've already established Murray isn't good enough before he's even kicked a ball for us haha. Are you for real?

Greenworld
01-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Whittiker....luke Berry...stokes...Henderson
..Danny Graham..should do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Col_0762
01-07-2017, 01:41 PM
You've already established Murray isn't good enough before he's even kicked a ball for us haha. Are you for real?

It's Graham he doesn't think is good enough if you read it again.

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2017, 02:03 PM
I'd say we need at least 2 mate and don't see Graham staying...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe but I definitely see Murray scoring a few. All been quiet on Graham but if he goes definitely 2 required.

MikeyS
01-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Personally feel we need 2 strikers, a winger/attacking midfielder and 2 full backs. As much as Gray and Stevenson are club legends they need challenged. Not seen enough of Crane to say if he's ready or not, hopefully he is.

As as we are just now I'd expect us to make top 6 but we really should be looking to knocking St Johnstone and Hearts out the way and challenge for 2nd/3rd with sheep and Huns (although I think they'll be p*sh too). To do that we need more quality in.

Souter96Mac
01-07-2017, 05:37 PM
At least two strikers, one big target man and a quality goal scorer. A centre mid to replace fyvie, at least one winger, preferably two if I'm being greedy. Defence look all sorted, could do with Whittaker coming in for full back competition but not essential. Would much rather focusing up top for the time being

RossScott1991
01-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Winger - left sided
central midfielder (luke berry) + one more
2 striker - target man, and a poacher.

5 signings, 2 could be loans.

hfc rd
01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Cover at full back - Whittaker
2 midfielders - Berry & ?
Winger - ?
2 strikers - Stokes & ?

kiwihibby
02-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Think we should try for someone like Australian winger Robbie Kruse. Always rated him from his early days with Brisbane Roar. Seemingly looking for a club at prsent

Beefster
02-07-2017, 06:35 AM
If we've not signed Stokes, Graham, Hooper and Griffiths by Thursday, my ST is going back (after I pick it up).

RIP Bestie
02-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Half time ring girls with huge breasts and asses that taste like french vanilla ice cream would be a fantastic addition to the squad

This. 100%
**** the football, we've already won the Scottish.
This would definately convince me to buy a season ticket

Hibeewilly
02-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Whittiker....luke Berry...stokes...Henderson
..Danny Graham..should do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
We need 5 players IMHO and these 5 would be perfect

Steve20
02-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Full back cover
Midfielder
Winger
2-3 strikers

Posh Hibby
02-07-2017, 11:11 AM
I see the hibs website has been updated.

www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team/first

Fyvie no longer on it. Swanson Ambrose Murray and Marciano have appeared.

Noticed Handling is still here, anyone know what his situation is? Will he go out on loan this season? Not sure he will get any game time...

Eyrie
02-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I see the hibs website has been updated.

www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team/first (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/team/first)

Fyvie no longer on it. Swanson Ambrose Murray and Marciano have appeared.

Noticed Handling is still here, anyone know what his situation is? Will he go out on loan this season? Not sure he will get any game time...

Looking at our current midfield we need at least three players so Handling may manage to be kept on as a cheap option for depth there rather than as a striker. Someone who can sit on the bench if a couple of others are out or who could play a cup game against lower league opposition to give one of our regular midfielders a game off.

He's been around long enough that we know he's not going to be a regular starter for us.