30-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Steve Clarke is available.

Pretty Boy
Noticed that as well on Sky Bet.

Very strange.

blackpoolhibs
They want their old boss David Moyes, its all over the media down here.

pritchie
30-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Be gutted to lose Lenny now but I think he'll fancy a crack at the top flight with us

matty_f
30-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Hope Lennon stays.

easty
30-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Be worth a bet then as he's 10/1 for it

sleeping giant
30-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Moyes is 10-1.

I thought this was a wind up at first.
Should we be worried ?

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:16 PM

Lennon for Preston, Moyes for Hibs?

Heisenberg
30-06-2017, 06:17 PM
He must've had decent backing to come in from 16/1. It'd be a right sore one to lose him now.

blackpoolhibs
Be worth a bet then as he's 10/1 for it

Thats a surprise, as the tv was all over it tonight about Moyes????

JBradderz
As a Hibbe and north end fan I can certainly say Lennon won't be in the running :) nothing to worry about. Paulo di canio was favourite this morning because someone sent one tweet out this morning :) ... Steven Gerrard was favourite last night but I think from being on both fans forums and listening to the gossip it'll be from Uwe Rosler, David Moyes or Graham Alexander. We don't need to worry about Lennon going :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
30-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Thats a surprise, as the tv was all over it tonight about Moyes????

Maybe turned it down ?

Pretty Boy
30-06-2017, 06:18 PM

If I was Leeann I'd have Alex Neil and Alan Stubbs on speed dial just in case.

If, and it's a massive If, Lennon was to go we need someone in within the week imo.

murray26
30-06-2017, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't be devestated to be honest.. he's just about earned pass marks and no more from me..

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Never heard a peep out of him for weeks so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was offski. It would leave us in a right mess though especially after taking three years to get promoted and looking forward to the new season in the Premiership. Hope this doesn't go any further.

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:22 PM
If I was Leeann I'd have Alex Neil and Alan Stubbs on speed dial just in case.

If, and it's a massive If, Lennon was to go we need someone in within the week imo.

Definitely. It can be a relatively seamless process though as we have a decent infrastructure and good players. Not the new managers players but a decent manager can get the best out of what's at his disposal.

emerald green
30-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Cathro's coat is on a shooglie peg at the PBS I hear...

Waxy
30-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Bit late in the day to lose a manager you dont want to go.

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:27 PM

I'm starting to get dizzy now. Can't keep up with all of this.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2017, 06:28 PM

What now?

ian cruise
30-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Never heard a peep out of him for weeks so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was offski. It would leave us in a right mess though especially after taking three years to get promoted and looking forward to the new season in the Premiership. Hope this doesn't go any further.

He was at Easter Road meeting Gillespie the other day, even if Laugherty didn't have the good grace to show up, so I'm not sure that's a reason to worry. He's not been in the press because there's nothing to share. We know who we've signed and we won't want to comment on those we haven't.

If he speaks to the press when there's no story they'll just twist it in to something far different from the truth. This board is bad enough without Jackson et al concocting Lennon unhappy at lack of business stories.

Borderhibbie76
30-06-2017, 06:31 PM
You know I was thinking the same thing earlier the silence from him of late is concerning...not even a comment in the press about Marciano signing?? Is this a wee bit strange or are we just reading too much into it??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ian cruise
30-06-2017, 06:33 PM
You know I was thinking the same thing earlier the silence from him of late is concerning...not even a comment in the press about Marciano signing?? Is this a wee bit strange or are we just reading too much into it??

I think you're reading too much in to it. People would be complaining if he was in the press talking instead of concentrating on signings and such, building unrealistic expectations for the season ahead or not being ambitious enough. This board has made us all a bit on edge.

Borderhibbie76
30-06-2017, 06:34 PM
I think you're reading too much in to it. People would be complaining if he was in the press talking instead of concentrating on signings and such, building unrealistic expectations for the season ahead or not being ambitious enough. This board has made us all a bit on edge.
Yeah probably mate I'd be disappointed if he left now sure he will fancy a crack at top flight with us :)

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Maybe Lennon is in the Blackburn area courting Stokes or Graham, then someone has put two and two together and came up with Preston.

Heisenberg
30-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Maybe Lennon is in the Blackburn area courting Stokes or Graham, then someone has put two and two together and came up with Preston.

Could be a very good shout.

Green Blood
30-06-2017, 06:40 PM

I heard that LD/NL agreed to keeping a low profile during close season, going about their business quietly I believe!

hibsbollah
30-06-2017, 06:41 PM

Biscuits for Hibs.

3pm
30-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Biscuits for Hibs.

As long as it's an actual packet of biscuits and not that Hertz dick. The former is more useful than the latter.

Green Blood
30-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Neil Lennon 4/6 to be new Preston manager was 16/1 this morning. Please no

Now 4/9 with Paddy Power, must be something in it!

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 06:57 PM
He was at Easter Road meeting Gillespie the other day, even if Laugherty didn't have the good grace to show up, so I'm not sure that's a reason to worry. He's not been in the press because there's nothing to share. We know who we've signed and we won't want to comment on those we haven't.

If he speaks to the press when there's no story they'll just twist it in to something far different from the truth. This board is bad enough without Jackson et al concocting Lennon unhappy at lack of business stories.

Probably nothing in it but wee snippets now and again does no harm to keep the fans engaged. Not heard anything really from Hibs about Cummings going, what the plans are to replace him etc. I know we can't get all the info but it would be nice if after selling our top scorer we heard something from the manager regards plans to replace him, people in mind, work in progress etc. I maybe wrong but have a funny feeling all isn't quite as it should be and keeping a low profile is the best policy for him. Maybe nothing but I do worry when we hear nothing from NL or LD for weeks. I've just got such a suspicious mind you see!

Vault Boy
30-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Now 4/9 with Paddy Power, must be something in it!

Geezo, could do with word from the club ASAP if this gains legs in the press.

Keyser Sauzee
30-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, it would be strange of the bookies to pick out Lennon as favourite without any kind of info imo

bingo70
30-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Probably nothing in it but wee snippets now and again does no harm to keep the fans engaged. Not heard anything really from Hibs about Cummings going, what the plans are to replace him etc. I know we can't get all the info but it would be nice if after selling our top scorer we heard something from the manager regards plans to replace him, people in mind, work in progress etc. I maybe wrong but have a funny feeling all isn't quite as it should be and keeping a low profile is the best policy for him. Maybe nothing but I do worry when we hear nothing from NL or LD for weeks. I've just got such a suspicious mind you see!

Wondered the same thing.

There wasn't even a quote from Lennon when Cummings left I think? You've then normall got quotes at the start of pre-season about working hard etc etc.......

Was there anything from him on the statement about Marciano singing?

Gordy M
30-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Very small amounts of money can move this betting market as the bookies are scared someone knows something they dont. A couple hundred quid could move someone into 4/9 very quickly.

Lago
30-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, it would be strange of the bookies to pick out Lennon as favourite without any kind of info imo
I think he could go.

Johnny Clash
30-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Please NO!! We've only had this new banner out at one game... :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Please NO!! We've only had this new banner out at one game... :confused:

Brilliant mate :top marks

Green Blood
30-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Just gone 1/4 with William Hill for Preston gig, something going on!

The Modfather
30-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't be all that disappointed, other than from the point of messing up our pre-season, if he was to leave. Providing we replaced him quickly and with someone exciting like Alex Neil.

Jury is still out for me on Lennon. Was brutal watching us a lot of last season, which I hope was merely an ends to a means, and thought we had 2 very poor transfer windows. With this window too early to tell how it will pan out.

In saying that, was impressed with Lennon in how he got us up for the big games and derbies last season.

SRHibs
30-06-2017, 07:14 PM
For ****s sake

Thecat23
Horrible feeling about this. I think something is going on!

Aldo
Lennon is going nowhere!!

HH81
30-06-2017, 07:16 PM
I heard Steven Gerrard was a shoe in for the Preston job?

Jim44
30-06-2017, 07:17 PM
I've found the recent silence deafening. Happy if he stays and not unhappy if he goes. As long as we get a decent replacement. Part of the rich tapestry of supporting Hibs. :greengrin

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Lennon is going nowhere!!

Hope you are right mate.

Green Blood
30-06-2017, 07:18 PM
could well be that he's been down in Lancashire meeting with Stokes and rumour has grown wings that he's in talks with Preston, clearly the bookies are spooked or they know its a done deal if it is.

Aldo
30-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Hope you are right mate.

Unless you've heard anything I think he'll be here next season!!

H18 SFR
30-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Is this why Whittaker hasn't put pen to paper?

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Unless you've heard anything I think he'll be here next season!!

No mate this is news to me.

Aldo
30-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Not happening then

Big L
30-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Lennon's been a bit to quiet, no like him to miss a chance to put Lauthertty in his place. Seems ages since he spoke to the media!

hibs#1
30-06-2017, 07:25 PM
A quick look on Twitter and he certainly wouldn't be welcomed with open arms. Any reason he would be that unpopular down there?

Billy Whizz
30-06-2017, 07:26 PM
A quick look on Twitter and he certainly wouldn't be welcomed with open arms. Any reason he would be that unpopular down there?

He managed their rivals, Bolton

HH81
30-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Ex Bolton?

Hibs4185
30-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Imagine if stubbsy came back, john Doolan would probably pack in his job at burton Albion! Could be a world record for shortest stint as first team coach??!

inglisavhibs
30-06-2017, 07:28 PM
A few on the Preston forum saying it will definitely not be Lennon. I think his problems at Bolton might rule him out of this one.

hibs#1
30-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Can't say I knew Preston and Bolton were big rivals,you learn something new every day.

J-C
30-06-2017, 07:29 PM
I wonder if he set himself too many high profile targets and is struggling to get them in, getting frustrated and forgetting
we're no Celtic.

Lago
30-06-2017, 07:31 PM
I wonder if he set himself too many high profile targets and is struggling to get them in, getting frustrated and forgetting
we're no Celtic.
That is a possibility.

eastmainsmsh
30-06-2017, 07:32 PM
As daft as I like Lennon Stubbs would be welcome back lol

GreenLake
30-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Moyes is 10-1.

I thought this was a wind up at first.
Should we be worried ?
I was just getting comfortable in the lounge waiting on a flight and I read this garbage.

Wake me up when we sign someone. I'm checking out till after the California Clasico.

Hose Jose time. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Slavers
30-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah would seem a strange choice for both Preston and Lennon. He didn't do well at their rivals and why would Lennon go there when the fans would be a battle to get on side whereas at Hibs he is onto a good thing first season back through spl it's a great challenge imo.

Keyser Sauzee
30-06-2017, 07:34 PM
He's went out to Evs with Sky Bet, money going elsewhere maybe reflected here??

Green Blood
30-06-2017, 07:36 PM

Must be something in it for Lennon to be quoted at 1/4

emerald green
30-06-2017, 07:36 PM
I'm starting to get dizzy now. Can't keep up with all of this.

What now?

Just jesting. Apologies. :greengrin

snooky
30-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Ubuntu

Just Jimmy
30-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Welcome home Sir Alan Stubbs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

snooky
30-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Are odds not fixed by the amount of money out on a certain item? If so, then someone (or several people) have put a lot of dosh on this for the odds to be 1/4. Doesn't sound like someone's just having a wee flutter.
To me it's either 1)'he's gone or 2) some poor rich punter has got fake news.

GlasgowHibee
30-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Would be a disaster if we lost him, was hoping for some stability with a few signings chucked in as we came back into this league. :confused:

Captain Trips
30-06-2017, 07:59 PM
We may get a better manager we may get a worse one but "if" he goes until that new manager is confirmed then for me its a shambles.

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Would be a disaster if we lost him, was hoping for some stability with a few signings chucked in as we came back into this league. :confused:

We have got stability.

Andy74
30-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Welcome home Sir Alan Stubbs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No thanks.

madhatter
30-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm hoping that I'm wrong but this summer could become a bit of a joke if we lose Lennon now...

We've only really signed 2 players - Marciano and Ambrose don't really count as they were here last season. If we lose Lennon now I hope plans don't go out the window etc.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2017, 08:03 PM
No thanks.

We agree on something😄

superfurryhibby
30-06-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm hoping that I'm wrong but this summer could become a bit of a joke if we lose Lennon now...

We've only really signed 2 players - Marciano and Ambrose don't really count as they were here last season. If we lose Lennon now I hope plans don't go out the window etc.

Kwality observation.

franck sauzee
30-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Are odds not fixed by the amount of money out on a certain item? If so, then someone (or several people) have put a lot of dosh on this for the odds to be 1/4. Doesn't sound like someone's just having a wee flutter.

This market would be tiny so wouldn't take a lot of money going on him for the bookies to slash their odds. Then people see the odds and start lumping on thinking it's a sure thing. The bookies would pull the market if too much money came down or they had some info that it's a sure thing

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Bookies react to money being punted and information they receive. When it's something so unpredictable as this they would react to a a reasonable size bet and gathering rumours. It's like betting on a horse race when you don't know which horses will be in it. If someone put £500 on Lennon as next Preston manager his odds will dramatically drop, he could then be out of the running within hours and be 1000/1. Bookies have nothing to go on really but they don't want to lose money but still want it a tempting enough price for you to have a go. 1/4 on would suggest they know something or at least there is some decent money been put on it.

scotia44
30-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Markets like these are very false as the anyone asking for a bet a bookmaker has to assume the punter knows something as there is no form to go on and if you ignore it it could be very costly for them hence the vast rises falls in odds like t
Put £20 on anyone and odds will tumble

guthrie01
30-06-2017, 08:08 PM
No thanks.

FWIW I think this is just another media ramble but if it is true then we would need a manger in quickly and get used to the squad and bring in a couple more quality players.

I see not much better options than the man which took us to 2 Scottish finals, successful in the big 1.

The only worry is Stubbs won't have the same staff he had before, big loss with Doolan going to Accrington Stanley which might affect his decision to come back if offered the vacancy.

dmc1875
30-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Usually the first guy "odds on" never ends up odds on within a day or two.

Lennon won't leave.

Hibeewilly
30-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Very worrying - 5/1 ON now with Paddy Power:boo hoo:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/preston/next-permanent-manager

Brightside
30-06-2017, 08:12 PM

Odds are created by compilers. They are best ignored in daft markets like next manager. Will Hill would have seen the 4/6...would have seen some money (as he is favourite and people just back favs all the time), then they have gone to 1/4...they will take pennies on that market. Its all total pish. ignore it. The price doesnt reflect who is getting that job.

Even money with sky bet and bet victor....as i said total pish. Any money Hills take at 1/4 they can just trade out at evens.

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 08:13 PM

What a bizarre statement Ambrose & Marciano don't count Lol

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2017, 08:15 PM
McIness was much the same with Sunderland. Doon and calm perhaps?

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 08:16 PM

This 100%

Famous Fiver
30-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Odd that Ranieri is quoted at 25/1.

He signed a contract with Nantes last week.

Franck Stanton
30-06-2017, 08:20 PM
No thanks.
Care to expand ? Stubbs IMO welcome back anytime, good manager IMO.

Borderhibbie76
30-06-2017, 08:22 PM
To be fair Mcinnes actually spoke to Sunderland tho...

frazeHFC
30-06-2017, 08:23 PM

He'll always be a legend for 21.05.16 but before that game we had generally been poor for a few months. I wouldn't want him to come back and ruin his hero status.

matty_f

Would take Stubbs back in a heartbeat. Prefer Lennon to stay though. I think he will.

3pm
Imagine if stubbsy came back, john Doolan would probably pack in his job at burton Albion! Could be a world record for shortest stint as first team coach??!

He's not at Burton mate, so they'll probably be OK with it.

allezsauzee
The next managers market is a bookies benefit. 2 hours before Leeds made Thomas Christiansen manager, Juande Ramos had moved to long odds on for the job and Christiansen was never quoted at any point! They move the odds just to generate a buzz and people think that clever money is going on.

Waxy
30-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Can't remember a time when we've been pulled all over the place when nothing has actually happened.

ancient hibee
30-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Stubbs final season in the league was poor.The failure to finish above Falkirk meant we were up against it in the play offs.

bingo70
30-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing one of the papers are running a story that PNE are interested in him and one of the bookies got wind of this so the price has gone down before the story is released.

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Can't remember a time when we've been pulled all over the place when nothing has actually happened.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Sums up Hibs.net recently some of the threads,comments are desperate.

truehibernian
30-06-2017, 08:29 PM

Close thread, best post :aok:

We are in silly season - no football, downtime, too much time on hands.............

Borderhibbie76
Pretty much sums up most of this close season so far...so many long running sagas with little or no outcome thus far. I'd be really disappointed if Lennon leaves at this late stage in close season...and pretty confident he won't. Rumours of a few signings coming in next week so hopefully he stays and cracks on with our summer recruitment...

Deansy

Thinking the same myself re keeping the fans engaged. I can't really recall reading/hearing/watching anything by NL or LD since the season finished, thought the departure of Cummings might've prompted something but no (afaik) - almost like the pre-LD days when it was easier to get info out of the Kremlin than it was from ER ! Plus I think what's making some folk a bit 'on edge' on here is that the 'Feelgood factor' is being purposely targeted as it feels like evry 2nd day it's yet another 'Bad news' thread with very little - if any ? - 'Good news' threads appearing. Having a suspicious mind myself, I take comfort from the fact that most of the 'Bad news' threads seem to come from 'New posters' or posters who've been a member for years but are only starting to post now ??

Ach it'll all be forgotten when we announce we've signed Hendo !

weecounty hibby
30-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Not in the know or anything like that, don't understand bookies or gambling but I just don't see Neil Lennon leaving for a while yet. As for Alan Stubbs, no thanks. Legend for the cup win but how long before he would be off for the dizzy heights of the relegation battles of the English championship again. I hope that Lennon stays for at least another couple of years. A period of stability and building is what we desperately need. If he goes which I doubt, Tommy Wright for me please

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Thinking the same myself re keeping the fans engaged. I can't really recall reading/hearing/watching anything by NL or LD since the season finished, thought the departure of Cummings might've prompted something but no (afaik) - almost like the pre-LD days when it was easier to get info out of the Kremlin than it was from ER ! Plus I think what's making some folk a bit 'on edge' on here is that the 'Feelgood factor' is being purposely targeted as it feels like evry 2nd day it's yet another 'Bad news' thread with very little - if any ? - 'Good news' threads appearing. Having a suspicious mind myself, I take comfort from the fact that most of the 'Bad news' threads seem to come from 'New posters' or posters who've been a member for years but are only starting to post now ??

Ach it'll all be forgotten when we announce we've signed Hendo !

I just smell a rat, I should have been a detective really but rocket science suited me better :greengrin

allezsauzee
30-06-2017, 08:40 PM
If the club gives Lenny the financial backing to genuinely compete for 2nd place in the next couple of seasons I don't see him leaving in the next couple of years. It's not just Hibs that need a bit of stability. It would be difficult to see how NL's career progresses if he went to Preston and ended up being binned in a few months. Building Hibs up to be Celtic's main challengers would see his reputation enhanced considerably

chrisski33
30-06-2017, 08:42 PM
An account on instagram has stated Lennon had talks with preston today

Golden Bear
30-06-2017, 08:44 PM
An account on instagram has stated Lennon had talks with preston today

He couldn't have, surely he's still partying in Spain

MWHIBBIES
30-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I've found the recent silence deafening. Happy if he stays and not unhappy if he goes. As long as we get a decent replacement. Part of the rich tapestry of supporting Hibs. :greengrinWhat silence are you talking about and why have you found it deafening?

jonny
30-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Stubbs final season in the league was poor.The failure to finish above Falkirk meant we were up against it in the play offs.

That doesn't tell the whole story though. Going all the way to 2 cup finals meant we played far more games than anyone else. The backlog we had at the end of the season meaning 2/3 games a week for the last month definitely played a part in the below par performances.
I'd have him back in a minute if Lennon moved on.

SRHibs
30-06-2017, 08:47 PM
If he's even talking to them he can bolt IMO.

ColinNish
30-06-2017, 08:47 PM
What silence are you talking about and why have you found it deafening?

Silence from Lennon. Said nout about Cummings leaving. Said nout about this nonsense with Lafferty.

keep the faith
30-06-2017, 08:48 PM

Scottish cup winners, league cup finalists and play offs????

What he did in that season was tremendous and a whisker away from being staggering. Excellent in transfer market too.

ekhibee
30-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Lennon's back out to 2/1 now, Graham Alexander in to 4/1. Not convinced there's anything to the Lennon story just yet.

MWHIBBIES
Silence from Lennon. Said nout about Cummings leaving. Said nout about this nonsense with Lafferty.Do Hibs managers always comment when we sell a player? Why would he comment on twitter pish about a Hearts signing?

People on here look for drama where is just doesn't exist. There has been no deafening silence.

Gordy M

Surely preston would have ask permission from hibs to speak to NL?? Thats something thats normally in the public domain?

Jones28
30-06-2017, 08:51 PM

Agree with this tbh, smacks of a bag of sweeties scenario to me.

ColinNish
Do Hibs managers always comment when we sell a player? Why would he comment on twitter pish about a Hearts signing?

People on here look for drama where is just doesn't exist. There has been no deafening silence.

Because he's normally pretty quick to let his belly rumble about stuff, that's why.

bingo70
Do Hibs managers always comment when we sell a player? Why would he comment on twitter pish about a Hearts signing?

Not sure tbh but pretty sure there is normally a quote when we sign a player.

Nobody is looking for a drama, it's only come up because he's now being touted for another job.

Greenwich_Hibby
30-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Not fussed if he goes / stays to be honest....if he's trying to engineer a move, he can bolt now....

guthrie01
30-06-2017, 08:52 PM

Stubbs last season: 70 points
Lennons season: 71 points

Stubbs had 2 cup finals to deal with, what is Lennons excuse for a poor point total in a less competitive league...

Blaster
30-06-2017, 08:54 PM

Stubbs had 2 cup finals to deal with, what is Lennons excuse for a poor point total in a less competitive league...

League winner. Simples

guthrie01
30-06-2017, 08:55 PM
League winner. Simples

:rolleyes:

BlackSheep
30-06-2017, 08:56 PM
This place is mental.... a sniff of a story and all of a sudden 'we hate lennon' comes out...

Fuzzywuzzy
30-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Everyone need so calm the **** down. He'll not go anywhere just now.

easty
30-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Spurs got more points last season, when finishing 2nd, than Leicester got when they won the league the season before.

Winning the leagues what matters, not how many points you get.

JohnM1875
30-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Spurs got more points last season, when finishing 2nd, than Leicester got when they won the league the season before.

This 100 times over.

Waxy
30-06-2017, 09:03 PM
This place is mental.... a sniff of a story and all of a sudden 'we hate lennon' comes out...

Real hibbys wouldnt

Jones28
30-06-2017, 09:04 PM

Yam

Jk

Northernhibee
30-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Real hibbys wouldnt

Being a Hibby allows for a range of opinions. It's not a dictatorship.

Paisley Hibby
30-06-2017, 09:08 PM
It'll be sad and less than ideal if he goes but it would not be the end of the world. TBH, if he sees the English Championship as where he wants to be soon then it's probably better for us if he moves now rather than mid-season. There are several decent alternative managers out there - eg Neil, Stubbs, Ross.

Waxy
Being a Hibby allows for a range of opinions. It's not a dictatorship.

I know but.....nevermind i'm away to take some paracetamol.

madhatter
What a bizarre statement Ambrose & Marciano don't count Lol

How is that bizarre? They were members of last years team, Marciano for the whole season and Ambrose for what, 4 months?

Do all our renewals count as well then? Bartley count as well then?

Signing same players (loan to permanent etc.) and having a smaller squad - I think me saying Ambrose and Marciano don't strictly count as new signings make perfect sense and isn't that bizarre...

We have smaller squad than last year, 2 players that have "signed" were here on loan last season. What's bizarre about that? If we signed Holt, would that be a new signing as well?

Ryan69
30-06-2017, 09:09 PM

When odds are at 1/4....It does generally mean something is going on.

Real Emerald

I don't think it's that tbh, most fans were really positive and up for the new season. We've lost our top striker for an undisclosed fee that is pretty much less than what most fans would have expected, if the rumours are true. We've lost a whole load of other first choice player that have not really been replaced (yet). We've heard nothing from our manager about the work being done to replace these players, nothing about the Lafferty debacle, nothing about the loss of Cumming or Fyvie but in contrast have had rumours a couple of weeks back that Lennon was away and now this Preston link. I really think we should be hearing some, even just some upbeat propaganda from our manager or LD at this point pre season, even just to calm the nerves of some people. We still need to sell more season tickets and keep the feel good factor going.

GreenNWhiteArmy

Exactly

RE Lennon - unless the board had really pissed on him with his transfer budget (which I highly doubt given our business thus far and Kenny Millar indicating the stokesy deal is edging closer) then I don't see NL going anywhere in a hurry. He'll be at ER for at least another 12 months imo

Brightside
30-06-2017, 09:14 PM
There has been some shockingly poor threads on here in recent weeks. This could be the winner though! Well done everyone.

guthrie01
30-06-2017, 09:14 PM

I get what your saying, but It just bugs me calling Stubbs a failure for not winning the 2015-16 season when he had lots of factors going against him. There is not arguing that Lennon had the easier job getting us promoted this season, we had no real challengers last season compared to the season before, and like previously mentioned the 2 cup runs also affected us.

I will admit im biased towards Stubbsy, I think the man is a legend. Watching Time for Heroes and hearing the way he spoke to the players before the penalty's at the Hampden semi shows how motivating and passionate he is about winning.

I also like Lennon, his attitude is a real benefit to the club and I hope he does stay for another season but if he does go, then I think it's fair to think that Stubbs could do the job for us again.

My last post on the matter :dummytit:

Brightside
30-06-2017, 09:15 PM

No it doesnt.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2017, 09:17 PM

Money?

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Exactly

RE Lennon - unless the board had really pissed on him with his transfer budget (which I highly doubt given our business thus far and Kenny Millar indicating the stokesy deal is edging closer) then I don't see NL going anywhere in a hurry. He'll be at ER for at least another 12 months imo

The club should communicate this though, even if it's just a wee statement from NL/LD to say things are progressing, we're hearing nothing and that's why folk are getting edgy. It takes no effort at all for the club to pour water on the fire without giving the game away. I thought communication was the thing for new Hibs.

Sammy7nil
30-06-2017, 09:18 PM
It'll be sad and less than ideal if he goes but it would not be the end of the world. TBH, if he sees the English Championship as where he wants to be soon then it's probably better for us if he moves now rather than mid-season. There are several decent alternative managers out there - eg Neil, Stubbs, Ross.
Anyone who thinks Neil is remotely interested in a return to Scotland is absolutely NUTS :cb

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:20 PM
NL will be Hibs manager for at least the 2017/18 season!

Jones28
30-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Right, despite all the hysteria, other than the bookies odds have we got anything else to go on? Strong rumours of Stokes signing and a fee paid for Rocky yesterday would indicate we are backing Lenny.

easty
30-06-2017, 09:21 PM
NL will be Hibs manager for at least the 2017/18 season!

Yep

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Right, despite all the hysteria, other than the bookies odds have we got anything else to go on? Strong rumours of Stokes signing and a fee paid for Rocky yesterday would indicate we are backing Lenny.

With other to follow this week!!

NL is going nowhere

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Stubbs final season in the league was poor.The failure to finish above Falkirk meant we were up against it in the play offs.when you mention Falkirk, I think of their cheating and the p+++ poor refs at a couple of games against them. I will never forget the blatant disallowed penalty at ER, ever.

chrisski33
30-06-2017, 09:23 PM
An account on instagram has stated Lennon had talks with preston toda

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:24 PM
when you mention Falkirk, I think of their cheating and the p+++ poor refs at a couple of games against them. I will never forget the blatant disallowed penalty at ER, ever.

This. The double 'handball' by Mackay was as blatant as you could see yet the officials cheated and didn't see it!

Jones28
With other to follow this week!!

NL is going nowhere

Who?

easty

What account? Neil Lennons? His agents? Prestons official account? Or just some random guy?

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Whittaker, Graham and Stokes in the next 48 hours I've just been told. :boo hoo::boo hoo::blah::blah::grr:

Aldo
Who?

Who??

Signings will follow this week!

Everyone back in training and it's the 1st of July.... Transfer season!

Quality over quantity!!

SirDavidsNapper
Think people are putting two and two together and getting ten after us losing out on Lafferty and losing Cummings. Wheather we like it or not Lennon won't be going anywhere.

JimboHibs
30-06-2017, 09:27 PM
How is that bizarre? They were members of last years team, Marciano for the whole season and Ambrose for what, 4 months?

Do all our renewals count as well then? Bartley count as well then?

Signing same players (loan to permanent etc.) and having a smaller squad - I think me saying Ambrose and Marciano don't strictly count as new signings make perfect sense and isn't that bizarre...

We have smaller squad than last year, 2 players that have "signed" were here on loan last season. What's bizarre about that? If we signed Holt, would that be a new signing as well?

There's no 'dont strictly count' about it they are new signings they were both LOANS they weren't our players to keep hence they are now both NEW signings so if we signed Liam Henderson he strictly wouldn't count as he's already been here on loan add Stokes to that list and your school of thought would have us signed one new signing and 4 other signings who dont strictly count.I stand by what I said your statement is bizarre.

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Whittaker, Graham and Stokes in the next 48 hours I've just been told. :boo hoo::boo hoo::blah::blah::grr: Now that would be a statement of intent. Quailty over quantity if this is this proves to be correct!!

Jones28
30-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Who??

Signings will follow this week!

Everyone back in training and it's the 1st of July.... Transfer season!

Quality over quantity!!

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastically enthusiastic

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:30 PM
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastically enthusiastic

Sorry didn't mean to sound like a knob!! Seriously enthusiastic.

We have not seem reams of average players... I give you Rocky, Swanson and Effe. All quality. I expect this trend to continue!

stantonhibby
30-06-2017, 09:30 PM

Heard you the first time.

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Being a Hibby allows for a range of opinions. It's not a dictatorship.oh yes it is :wink:

Jones28
30-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Sorry didn't mean to sound like a knob!! Seriously enthusiastic.

We have not seem reams of average players... I give you Rocky, Swanson and Effe. All quality. I expect this trend to continue!

Not at all! I admire the enthusiasm mate, it's just that there's no smoke without fire

Aldo
30-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Not at all! I admire the enthusiasm mate, it's just that there's no smoke without fire

That is always the case is it not when it comes to transfer time!!

It's a great time to be a Hibby.

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Now that would be a statement of intent. Quailty over quantity if this is this proves to be correct!!

I've told my informer I would eat my new hat naked with a carrot up my erchie if it was true. Watch this space :confused:

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Think people are putting two and two together and getting ten after us losing out on Lafferty and losing Cummings. Wheather we like it or not Lennon won't be going anywhere.I think the general feeling on this forum is, that we did not lose out on Lafferty, he lost out on us. we actually had the bonus ball, when he signed for the gorgie mob.I certainly did not fancy him to play for us. I do think we will have Neil Lennon this season at least, and I for one would be happy. It's a funny auld game though, when you look at what happened the day after the then manager helped open the East Mains centre, John Collins walked away withought any real story behind it. funny auld game

Borderhibbie76
30-06-2017, 09:49 PM
I smell 💩

Bostonhibby
30-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Any odds on the Cathro / Potter partnership taking over here? Cannae always just be Hibs manager that gets linked to all the big jobs?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
30-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I'm sure it was Lennon driving up ormiston road in a grey rangerover about one .Alex Neil was 14/1 for PNE

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm sure it was Lennon driving up ormiston road in a grey rangerover about one .Alex Neil was 14/1 for PNEaye, saw that too. I had been up at Elphinstone Miners' club.someone had signed 2 escaped monkeys from the research centre in to the club. they later got thrown oot for cheatin' at dominoes.

chrisski33
30-06-2017, 10:20 PM
What account? Neil Lennons? His agents? Prestons official account? Or just some random guy?

Someone called _hibernian_fc but its aload of poo!

Dunbar Hibee
30-06-2017, 10:22 PM
I quite like the price of Moyes returning at 12/1. Won't be Lennon.

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Someone called _hibernian_fc but its aload of poo!:agree: someone is at it. wonder which football club he/she is affiliated to in any way?

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 10:24 PM
aye, saw that too. I had been up at Elphinstone Miners' club.someone had signed 2 escaped monkeys from the research centre in to the club. they later got thrown oot for cheatin' at dominoes.

Cheating at dominoes is expected in Penicuik! Mind you it's the Penicuik Hearts bassas that do the cheatin :na na:

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:27 PM
I quite like the price of Moyes returning at 12/1. Won't be Lennon.Dunbar is not a Hibee hotbed. keep sayin' that to my Hibee son who has recently moved to there, with his first born Hibernian soldier :greengrin

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Cheating at dominoes is expected in Penicuik! Mind you it's the Penicuik Hearts bassas that do the cheatin :na na::agree:they gorgie chaps are renowned for it. If you are Penicuik based, ask my wee cuz, who owns the snooker joint at Jackson St. he's a gorgie torag, and a cheatin' wee cant at Doms. :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
30-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Dunbar is not a Hibee hotbed. keep sayin' that to my Hibee son who has recently moved to there, with his first born Hibernian soldier :greengrin

Haha it sure isn't mate! There are a few of us kicking about though!

LaMotta
30-06-2017, 10:33 PM
I quite like the price of Moyes returning at 12/1. Won't be Lennon.

got moyes at 14/1 earlier on W. Hills. Worth a wee punt at that price!

Franck Stanton
30-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Dunbar is not a Hibee hotbed. keep sayin' that to my Hibee son who has recently moved to there, with his first born Hibernian soldier :greengrin
Think you would be surprised at just how many hibbys stay in Dunbar. Great wee toon so it is.

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Haha it sure isn't mate! There are a few of us kicking about though!Gaun yersel son, it's fast becoming a commuter belt for East/Central Edin. house prices are far lower doon your way as apposed to the Metropolis. plenty Hibernian fans moving in that direction.

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Think you would be surprised at just how many hibbys stay in Dunbar. Great wee toon so it is.as stated on another post, fast becoming a definite outpost for our comrades:wink::greengrin

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 10:38 PM
:agree:they gorgie chaps are renowned for it. If you are Penicuik based, ask my wee cuz, who owns the snooker joint at Jackson St. he's a gorgie torag, and a cheatin' wee cant at Doms. :wink:

TBF the the snooker club is a bit of a Celtic haunt in Penicuik :confused::confused::confused:. However, your cuz has put the Hibees on hie TVs on request whenever we've asked :aok: As has the Royal Hotel through gritted teeth, but we love them :)

Bostonhibby
30-06-2017, 10:40 PM
:agree: someone is at it. wonder which football club he/she is affiliated to in any way?
[emoji106]

Is absolutely no one interested in the gorgie guardiola and his sometimes puppeteer?

We're always hearing about how good they are so surely they have to figure somewhere in the betting?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

monktonharp
30-06-2017, 10:41 PM
TBF the the snooker club is a bit of a Celtic haunt in Penicuik :confused::confused::confused:. However, your cuz has put the Hibees on hie TVs on request whenever we've asked :aok:tell him he better dae that, or his big cuz will draw his erse across his mooth :greengrin Rab's a guid yin, apart from being one o' them:wink:

Real Emerald
30-06-2017, 10:43 PM
tell him he better dae that, or his big cuz will draw his erse across his mooth :greengrin Rab's a guid yin, apart from being one o' them:wink:

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Franck Stanton
30-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Whittaker, Graham and Stokes in the next 48 hours I've just been told. :boo hoo::boo hoo::blah::blah::grr:

Wot - no Henderson?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-07-2017, 05:36 AM
https://g.co/kgs/EEDX2v
Neil Lennon 4/6 to be new Preston manager was 16/1 this morning. Please no

LancsHibs
01-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Preston??? WTF!

SirDavidsNapper
01-07-2017, 06:28 AM
McInnes not linked?

Higgy115
01-07-2017, 08:31 AM
You can get 3/1 now.

DarlingtonHibee
01-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Not a betting expert but skybet are not even quoting him!

3pm
01-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Not a betting expert but skybet are not even quoting him!

He's the 6/4 favourite.

Fuzzywuzzy
01-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Local press not even mentioning Lennon. Seem to think Moyes is the likely candidate.

DarlingtonHibee
01-07-2017, 08:43 AM
He's the 6/4 favourite.

No expert but chroniclelive has skybet odds, no mention of lennon, moyes, de canieo being quoted.

3pm
01-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Local press not even mentioning Lennon. Seem to think Moyes is the likely candidate.

A few of the Lancashire lads have said that so a fiver on Moyes at 14-1.

FitbaFolkKen
01-07-2017, 09:11 AM
He's the 6/4 favourite.

Out ot 9/4 with Skybet with Alex Neil the favourite at 7/4, Hills have both at 2/1.

I think we'll see him gradually drift. I would bet someone local has seen him in the area recently and put a wedge on him putting him in as early favourite.

01-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Very bad news if he were to leave. We are trying to bring in players and prepare for our 1st season back in the prem, the disruption of losing a manger and finding someone else is not what we need.

Onceinawhile
01-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Bookies odds don't always mean anything, especially in small markets. Anyone lumping a tenner on will change the market, then people think "his odds have come in, I'd better get on before they shorten" and voila 4/6 from 16/1.

Mind when James Rodriguez moved from 8/1 to 1/8 to sign for man u?

How's that working?

blaikie
01-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Smells of the Jim Gannon saga we had a few years back!

Waxy
01-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Back out to 33-1 with bongobet.

BoltonHibernian
01-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Can't say I knew Preston and Bolton were big rivals,you learn something new every day.

They aren't really

WoreTheGreen
01-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Back out to 33-1 with bongobet.

Any odds on Strewart Baxter ? That's if he is a real person

eezyrider
01-07-2017, 12:03 PM
The latest odds are here:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/preston/next-permanent-manager

When I do a google search I see a lot of names linked with the Preston job but no mention of NL.

EZ

Waxy
01-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Any odds on Strewart Baxter ? That's if he is a real person

Well none of it was ever real anyway.

Tamhere1875
01-07-2017, 01:33 PM
5/1 now and drifting

Big L
01-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Alex Neil no fee to pay, Hibs would have wanted a fee for Lenny.

inglisavhibs
01-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Alex Neil no fee to pay, Hibs would have wanted a fee for Lenny.
Doubt he was ever in the running.

Golden Bear
01-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Absolute bollocks and increasingly so.

Lago
01-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Doubt he was ever in the running.
Good

Souter96Mac
01-07-2017, 09:11 PM
No discredit to Lenny but if i was a preston fan, i would probably be hoping to bring in a bigger name. The championship is always such a lottery every season, especially the playoffs. I'm not saying Preston should be fighting at the top, but a good managerial appointment, and some decent signings could give you a chance..

IanM
01-07-2017, 09:11 PM
12/1

Alex Neil now 5/4 fav

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 09:37 PM
12/1

Alex Neil now 5/4 fav

Thought he'd have have higher ambitions than PNE

Stenny
01-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Vault Boy
01-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Thought he'd have have higher ambitions than PNE

Reputation has taken a bit of a knocking down south after last season in the Championship. He's a very a likeable guy so hopefully it works out for him if he gets the gig.

Libby Hibby
02-07-2017, 06:29 AM
Now 12/1 Lennon...Alex Neill 6/4 on

JimboHibs
02-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Jack Hackett
02-07-2017, 09:52 AM
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/07/preston-fans-are-desperately-hoping-the-club-dont-appoint-neil-lennon/

Similar reaction to Gary Locke joining Hibs :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
04-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Alex Neil new Preston boss

BullsCloseHibs
04-07-2017, 09:51 AM

No thanks.

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Alex Neil new Preston boss

BBC reporting that now

ancient hibee
04-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Presumably Lennon will be suing PNE for breach of contract.