PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster

Brightside
30-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Now that its public news. Jordon is signing for Cheltenham Town. 2 year deal.

JimBHibees
30-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Probably best for all concerned. Could think of many worse places to live and work than Cheltenham.

j'adore hibs
30-06-2017, 01:50 PM
And there he was st Easter road for the community foundation event on Wednesday night

allezsauzee
30-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Probably best for all concerned. Could think of many worse places to live and work than Cheltenham.

Especially around mid March :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
30-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Leaves us a bit short if we do plan on playinf 3 at the back all season

Jag7
30-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Sorry to see him go .. always liked him on the pitch .

worcesterhibby
30-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Handily there is HIBS pub in Cheltenham !

Biggie
30-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Sorry to see him go .. always liked him on the pitch .

Yeah never let us down, tidy player....good luck to him

Tobias Funke
30-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Leaves us a bit short if we do plan on playinf 3 at the back all season

It would if the season started tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
30-06-2017, 02:38 PM

What was the fee

J-C
30-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Good luck to the lad, gave his all and was unfortunate with injury just as he was getting established in the team with Hanlon, McGregor coming in didn't help his chances of forcing his way back in, I thought he'd get League one level football tbh but they seem to be spending at Cheltenham, so maybe a wee promotion soon.

cheltenhamhibee
30-06-2017, 02:40 PM

I recognise that photo !!! Sorry wasn't there last May to enjoy it with you, had somewhere else to be ha ha :flag:

Hopefully see you back in when the season starts

SChibs
30-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Beem told he's on more money down there which I was surprised at

allezsauzee
30-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Wherabouts? I'll have to pay a visit during the festival!

DH1875
30-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Beem told he's on more money down there which I was surprised at

Why would that surprise you :confused:

J-C
30-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Why would that surprise you :confused:

Because they're a League 2 side.

KWJ
30-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Still has a lot of potential but needs to be playing games. Good luck to him and happily see him back at ER one day.

cheltenhamhibee
30-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Wherabouts? I'll have to pay a visit during the festival!

Townsend Street, it's called the Adam & Eve, it's straight down the Gloucester road from the train station, 10-15 minute walk

MWHIBBIES
30-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Sadly not quite good enough for where we want to go. Good luck to him.

Since90+2
30-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I liked Forster. Strong in the air , fairly quick and always gave 100% as well as being young enough to improve.

I probably would have kept him over Fontaine TBH but realise I would be in the minority with that.

SChibs
30-06-2017, 02:51 PM

This, I thought we'd be at least matching a league 2 teams offers but maybe he was a lower earner at hibs and one of the higher ones a Cheltenham

cheltenhamhibee
30-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Still has a lot of potential but needs to be playing games. Good luck to him and happily see him back at ER one day.

Cheltenham don't have a lot of money, I'd also be very surprised if he's on more there, all new signings so far this season have been on frees, pretty much the same as every other season tbh, but if it comes off I will be highly delighted, he'll be seeing 1 Hibs top there every week lol

GreenOnions
30-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Best of luck to big Jordon. I think he's a good player and has always done well for us when given the opportunity.

I always thought he was extremely unlucky at Hibs. When he first broke into the side he looked really promising towards the end of that season. He was either injured or suspended at the start of the following season and didn't begin it in possession of the jersey.

The outcome was bad luck in the sense that managers just made poor and fateful choices that were not good for him. In much the same vein as their preference for Ryan McGivern over Lewis Stevenson - Pat Fenlon and Terry Butcher always selected the absolutely awful Michael Nelson ahead of Jordon at centre-back. When Jordon did get a game it was generally at right back. I felt he did okay there but he started getting a bit of stick from fans as he wasn't as good there as in the middle.

Since then he's had a few injuries that have kept him out and, during what was probably the season he had the best chance of fighting for a regular start (up against only Fontaine), he was out on loan.

Once that period was over Paul Hanlon had become a huge player for us, Fontaine had done well too and then we signed McGregor and Ambrose. It was always going to be difficult getting into the side in front of those guys.

Best wishes Jordon!

Gmack7
30-06-2017, 03:02 PM
I liked Forster. Strong in the air , fairly quick and always gave 100% as well as being young enough to improve.

I probably would have kept him over Fontaine TBH but realise I would be in the minority with that.

My thoughts aswell, good luck to him

Thegreenside
30-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Good luck to him. Been dealt a harsh hand in terms of injuries.

green day
30-06-2017, 03:09 PM
God lad, unlucky with injury, I wish him all the best.

tamig
30-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Best of luck to big Jordon. I think he's a good player and has always done well for us when given the opportunity.

I always thought he was extremely unlucky at Hibs. When he first broke into the side he looked really promising towards the end of that season. He was either injured or suspended at the start of the following season and didn't begin it in possession of the jersey.

The outcome was bad luck in the sense that managers just made poor and fateful choices that were not good for him. In much the same vein as their preference for Ryan McGivern over Lewis Stevenson - Pat Fenlon and Terry Butcher always selected the absolutely awful Michael Nelson ahead of Jordon at centre-back. When Jordon did get a game it was generally at right back. I felt he did okay there but he started getting a bit of stick from fans as he wasn't as good there as in the middle.

Since then he's had a few injuries that have kept him out and, during what was probably the season he had the best chance of fighting for a regular start (up against only Fontaine), he was out on loan.

Once that period was over Paul Hanlon had become a huge player for us, Fontaine had done well too and then we signed McGregor and Ambrose. It was always going to be difficult getting into the side in front of those guys.

Best wishes Jordon!
A pretty fair summary bud. Good luck to him down south. Hopefully he'll establish himself as a starter.

Brightside
30-06-2017, 03:27 PM

He was on buttons at Hibs.

Brightside
30-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Cheltenham don't have a lot of money, I'd also be very surprised if he's on more there, all new signings so far this season have been on frees, pretty much the same as every other season tbh, but if it comes off I will be highly delighted, he'll be seeing 1 Hibs top there every week lol

Cheltenham have a fair bit more money now. I know one of the directors and he is putting in plenty.

Wilson
30-06-2017, 03:46 PM
God lad, unlucky with injury, I wish him all the best.

Jesus.

Good luck Jordon.

son of haggart
30-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Obviously haven't seen as much of him as you guys but he always impressed me - quite surprised you didn't try to build around him. He had a strong presence and leadership qualities IMO

Borderhibbie76
30-06-2017, 05:39 PM

I liked Jordan too but would rather have Fonts tbh...more experience and reliable. Good luck to Jordan...was always decent for us when called upon

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Slavers
30-06-2017, 05:43 PM
I liked big foster a big imposing centre half. I think it's a good move for him and his new club. I always hoped he would have made it at Hibs but as said injuries worked against him here.

easty
30-06-2017, 05:46 PM
I've been expecting Forster to move on for a while now. The last few years we've been pretty well covered at centre half. He's not as good as Hanlon, McGregor or Fontaine, and now we have Ambrose...it's just not necessary to have Forster.

I wish him all the best down south.

O'Rourke3
30-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Good luck Fozzy and all the best.

maturehibby
30-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Sorry to see him go as he was a unsung hero injured a few times and caught a bad one from the Morton player that started off "Lennonbrook" also remember his goal wrongly disallowed at Tynie
Good luck son

SON OF PADDY
30-06-2017, 07:07 PM
All the best Jordon 👍 thanks for all your efforts mate.👏👏👏

Glory Lurker
30-06-2017, 10:21 PM
I was gutted when he got injured at Falkirk at the end of 2014/15. He had been fantastic up to that and I worried that his injury might stop us going up. It maybe did.

Cheltenham have got themselves a really good player.

Good luck, Jordon.

Glory Lurker
30-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Obviously haven't seen as much of him as you guys but he always impressed me - quite surprised you didn't try to build around him. He had a strong presence and leadership qualities IMO

Sensible, reasonable, mature, better-people-than-me, intelligent folk like yourself make me feel quite ashamed of myself :embarrass. Can we no get you banned? :greengrin

Brooster
30-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Makes room for the younger ones to come through. Good young ones as well.

500miles
01-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Needs to be playing every week. I've no doubt he still has potential to make it at top end SPL if he is nurtured correctly and avoids injury.

BSEJVT
01-07-2017, 11:25 AM
I think for his own good he had to go, there aren't many games for a 5th choice centre half to play in.

I think he will do well down there, there is definitely a centre half in there.

Never let us down when called upon

Best of luck Jordon

heretoday
01-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Good news. He was not great.

DTS
01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Disappointed he's away really like him and think he's just been very unlucky with injuries and just isn't as good or experienced as the other 4. Can't blame him for not wanting to be a 5th choice considering most teams bottom 6 he'd probably start. Hope he does great down south

Tomsk
01-07-2017, 11:58 AM
If his principal position had been elsewhere Hibs might have retained him. But centre back is actually a position where Hibs look quite strong at the moment -- and we've not always been able to say that. :wink:

J-C
01-07-2017, 06:51 PM

Sometimes it's just better and classier to say nothing at all. :lips seal

JimBHibees
01-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Unlucky with injury thought he had a few great games for us. Played great in the derby where Farid scored at the end. Hope the move works well.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Unlucky with injury thought he had a few great games for us. Played great in the derby where Farid scored at the end. Hope the move works well.

Never let Hibs down, and loved playing for us

Billychaotic182
01-07-2017, 07:21 PM

What a total pleb

Jonnyboy
01-07-2017, 08:33 PM
What was the fee

I'm told that Cheltenham declared it as undisclosed, Billy. No doubt there will be posters on their fans messageboard foaming at the mouth at this information not being made known to them :wink:

Vault Boy
01-07-2017, 08:39 PM
I hope Jordon can find regular football, he's never let us down. Has all the attributes to be a very good defender. Good luck Foz.

TelaStella
01-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Hope it all works out well for him. A good young pro with a lot of potential, gutted it's never really worked out for him here. Stuck by the club through thick and thin as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2017, 09:36 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ex-hibs-defender-jordon-forster-opens-up-on-achilles-injury-hell-1-4558166/amp

Get well soon

Billy Whizz
13-09-2017, 09:53 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ex-hibs-defender-jordon-forster-opens-up-on-achilles-injury-hell-1-4558166/amp

Get well soon

Spoke to him on Monday at Gyle, he's positive about his recovery
Get back playing soon Jordon

Bostonhibby
13-09-2017, 09:56 AM

Good to hear, seems a good guy and I liked him at Hibs.

Tom Hart RIP
13-09-2017, 09:56 AM

Good to hear Billy.

cheltenhamhibee
13-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Cheltenham have a fair bit more money now. I know one of the directors and he is putting in plenty.

Aye ok, that is far from what i have heard from 2 current directors who i have known for many a year

Brightside
13-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Aye ok, that is far from what i have heard from 2 current directors who i have known for many a year

Maybe ask the new one then eh. 👍👍