29-06-2017, 06:59 PM
St Johnstone just went 1-0 down at home

cleanyman
29-06-2017, 07:00 PM
My friend is at the game.

Struggling big time. Come on Saints

RoxburghHibs
29-06-2017, 07:01 PM
They are nearly mid-season and it shows.

cleanyman
29-06-2017, 07:17 PM
1-1

Big_Franck
1-1 now. Shaughnessy with the equaliser. Hope they push on now.

Fuzzywuzzy
Dave King actually at a sevco game!!! Who'd have thunk it

Big_Franck
29-06-2017, 07:18 PM
The rangers still 0-0 after half an hour at home to the side that finished 4th in the Luxembourg league last year.

Elephant Stone
29-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Dalcio looks pretty pish.

Since90+2
29-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Is either game on zitelli?

cleanyman
29-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Rangers have blown 5 good chances already.

The Luxembourg lot are working hard

Billy Whizz

Saints game on Ziradio

H18 SFR
Rangers have blown 5 good chances already.

The Luxembourg lot are working hard

If The Rangers get one they will get four.

Big_Franck
29-06-2017, 07:21 PM

Rangers game is on Premier Sports on virgin.

Elephant Stone
29-06-2017, 07:21 PM

Newco are on premier sports. Dreadful stuff.

SChibs
29-06-2017, 07:22 PM
The rangers still 0-0 after half an hour at home to the side that finished 4th in the Luxembourg league last year.

That's embarrassing that the team that finishes third in the Scottish league goes in the same round as 4th in Luxembourg. Wasn't too long ago the top 2 went into champs league

Since90+2
29-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Although it's unlikely would be absolutely hilarious if Sevco got pumped out in the first round.

cleanyman
Oh no

1-2

blackpoolhibs
Booooooooooo 1-0

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Sevco fans throwing paper balls at Niedercorn goalie

Think they did this to Oxley a few years ago as well

High-On-Hibs
29-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Nice to see the the rangers fans put their rubbish in the tip. Fair play to them.

High-On-Hibs
29-06-2017, 07:45 PM
The Rangers think they're going to beat Celtic to the title now. :faf::faf::faf:

H18 SFR
29-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Rangers are rotten

Mr White
29-06-2017, 08:04 PM
**** the coefficient I hope that Luxemburgian outfit get an away goal. Mon the Luxemburgers!

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Sevco are playing the equivalent of East Stirling or Stranraer, and murdering them 1-0 so far.

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 08:29 PM
One of most embarrassing results in Sevcos short history so far

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Should have been a penalty for the luxembourg side, well i would have gave it. Sevco struggling. :greengrin

Eyrie
29-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Should have been a penalty for the luxembourg side, well i would have gave it. Sevco struggling. :greengrin

So would I, and I have no clue what happened.

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Finishes 1-0, in a very poor game and performance from sevco. :greengrin

Nothing to be scared of from what i just watched.

H18 SFR
29-06-2017, 08:41 PM
The Rangers are still officially rank.

theonlywayisup
29-06-2017, 08:48 PM
You are all being harsh on The Rangers. Look at the pedigree of the team they were playing.

They have never won a game in European competition.They have only managed two draws (and only one goal), the first was against*Glentoran*in the*1981–82*European Cup, where they drew 1–1; the second was against*Shamrock Rovers*in the*2015–16 UEFA Europa League.

crewetollhibee
29-06-2017, 08:48 PM
So would I, and I have no clue what happened.

👍

MichaelTheCelt
29-06-2017, 08:49 PM
They're back!
A hard fought battle coming out victorious against European veterans Progres Niederkorn. Biggest 1 nil victory ever in Europe, another record for the history books. Be afraid.

Spike Mandela
29-06-2017, 08:50 PM
That's embarrassing that the team that finishes third in the Scottish league goes in the same round as 4th in Luxembourg. Wasn't too long ago the top 2 went into champs league

The 5year old club will barely have any coefficient......surprised they didn't have a qualifier to play before last season finished.:greengrin

Baader
29-06-2017, 08:52 PM
The Rangers think they're going to beat Celtic to the title now. :faf::faf::faf:

Celtic's title wins after the death of the club that was Rangers don't count remember! :faf:

SRHibs
29-06-2017, 08:53 PM
You are all being harsh on The Rangers. Look at the pedigree of the team they were playing.

They have never won a game in European competition.They have only managed two draws (and only one goal), the first was against*Glentoran*in the*1981–82*European Cup, where they drew 1–1; the second was against*Shamrock Rovers*in the*2015–16 UEFA Europa League.

To be fair, they've done well as they'd never won a game in a European competition either.

Pretty Boy
29-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Have Rangers or St Johnstone even played a pre season game yet?

We really need to look at altering the season slightly to reflect Scotlands current standing in Europe and give teams a game or 2 (league cup or otherwise) before Europe. It's quite amusing watching Rangers struggle but it could be us in a year or 2.

Keyser Sauzee
29-06-2017, 08:54 PM

We really need to look at altering the season slightly to reflect Scotlands current standing in Europe and give teams a game or 2 (league cup or otherwise) before Europe. It's quite amusing watching Rangers struggle but it could be us in a year or 2.

I agree but I'd go further and opt for summer football over winter.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-06-2017, 09:02 PM

Agreed. Even by shifting it by a month (July - April) would have allowed both teams time to rest after the season finished then back in June so over 3 weeks training before these matches.

Our governing body really needs to look at our calendar and question whether we are going into these games fully prepared.

As for tonight's results. Gutted for St J. Gutted for the Luxembourg team that they couldn't get an equaliser

OxoHibby
29-06-2017, 09:04 PM

Surely Celtic should be further ahead of that

Bishop Hibee
29-06-2017, 09:04 PM
No surprise at the St Johnstone score. Spoke to a Saintees ST holder and he said they didn't have much of a chance. Too early in the season and Swanson going.

Jonnyboy
29-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Interesting to read through all the results from tonight and to see a fair few teams that we've met and beaten in the past! I love European games so c'mon Hibs get working on qualification :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 09:06 PM

Played each other last week

Souter96Mac
29-06-2017, 09:18 PM
No surprise at the St Johnstone score. Spoke to a Saintees ST holder and he said they didn't have much of a chance. Too early in the season and Swanson going.
This is always an issue with Scottish teams that have so little time to prepare for these early stages

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2017, 09:40 PM
They're back!
A hard fought battle coming out victorious against European veterans Progres Niederkorn. Biggest 1 nil victory ever in Europe, another record for the history books. Be afraid.

That's right, they were no Lincoln Red Imps.

MKHIBEE
29-06-2017, 09:40 PM

How can you possibly moan about a Scottish team who have a 100% European record .
What was that? "It's The Rangers" Oh, Ok, carry on moaning

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Celtic's title wins after the death of the club that was Rangers don't count remember! :faf:

Do the same rules therefore apply between 1872 and 1888?

Jones28
29-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Year after year we see Scottish teams have close shaves or get knocked out in the earlier rounds - when are the authorities in this country going to wake up to the fact that if we want to change our prospects in Europe we must play summer football. We need to take all the advantages we can get and frankly having a 2 month winter break and being able to compete with team from Genovia, Scrivovia and Lapland is better than the current system.

lucky
29-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Remember last year the Wee greens lost to a part time team from Gibraltar, they managed to have a decent season. It's far to early to judge Rangers or St.Js. But I do agree we need to change the football calendar to reflect where we are now in European football

DH1875
30-06-2017, 07:22 AM

The away legs still to come :greengrin

Pete
30-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Pathetic result for a so-called big Scottish club. You can forgive the likes of St. Johnstone but this "national institution" who's demise would cause social unrest because they are that ingrained in our culture? How can they fail?

Time to lose the pair of them.

Green&White
30-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Year after year we see Scottish teams have close shaves or get knocked out in the earlier rounds - when are the authorities in this country going to wake up to the fact that if we want to change our prospects in Europe we must play summer football. We need to take all the advantages we can get and frankly having a 2 month winter break and being able to compete with team from Genovia, Scrivovia and Lapland is better than the current system.
100% this. Not to mention the boost is crowds due to summer football with potentially(it is scotland) better weather. Never happen with that mob in charge though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
30-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Finishes 1-0, in a very poor game and performance from sevco. :greengrin

Nothing to be scared of from what i just watched.

But remember, they won't be playing against European referees when we meet them.

number9dream
30-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Tommy Wright saying something along the lines of "almost every team in the competition will be technically superior to us..."
What a shocking admission. Why should players in Lithuania be better ball players than us?
Is coaching in this country really that bad? We've been struggling for years. Why has nothing been done to address these problems?

Marco G
30-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Tommy Wright saying something along the lines of "almost every team in the competition will be technically superior to us..."
What a shocking admission. Why should players in Lithuania be better ball players than us?
Is coaching in this country really that bad? We've been struggling for years. Why has nothing been done to address these problems?
I couldn't believe it when he said that. Is it because our in your face style in Scotland snuffs out technical players or do we just not produce them?
Or is he talking guff?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
30-06-2017, 09:18 AM

:top marks

The Captain....
30-06-2017, 09:24 AM
The fawning coverage of the Rangers on Premier was doing my head in. Kept going on and on about the atmosphere..You could practically hear the players shouting to each other second half!

Dalcio looked absolutely Tom Kite...imagine the Portuguese Alan O'Brien without the pace and you're near.

Waghorn increasingly reminds me of James Corden..with movement to match.

Miller, when not trying to play in midfield, and Krancjar were their best players. krancjar still looks like he'd struggle at the pace of a proper Premiership game and I'd be surprised if he can put a run of 3 or 4 consecutive games together given his injury history and the huge ice strapping on his knee when he went off after bout 65 mins.

Don't know what Barry MacKay has done to annoy Caixinha but if he can't get in that team instead of Dalcio it must be bad.

I hope we have a right go at them when we play them...they are still very fragile at the back..and weak in midfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
30-06-2017, 10:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170630/79def5e5c3e01aec71393b487f57e631.jpg
Big lad.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treadstone
30-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Tremendous Twitter stat:

Only 6 of 576 teams have made the group stage of Europa league from this round.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-06-2017, 10:53 AM
I might be making this up but Bordeaux years ago not qualify through the intertoto and reach the final?

Haymaker
30-06-2017, 01:00 PM
I couldn't believe it when he said that. Is it because our in your face style in Scotland snuffs out technical players or do we just not produce them?
Or is he talking guff?

Personally I think it's become an easy excuse. We've heard about how English and Scottish players are "not as technically sound" as their foreign counterparts that when we lose its an easy deflection that the fans will accept without question.

easty
30-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Personally I think it's become an easy excuse. We've heard about how English and Scottish players are "not as technically sound" as their foreign counterparts that when we lose its an easy deflection that the fans will accept without question.

Agree.

Also, if the manager isn't happy with the style of football his players play...he could always change it.

Stubbs managed to change us from playing a Terry Butcher 'the longer the baws in the air, the less time we have to worry about kicking it' style, to something that looked pretty good, fairly quickly.

Haymaker
30-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Agree.

Also, if the manager isn't happy with the style of football his players play...he could always change it.

Stubbs managed to change us from playing a Terry Butcher 'the longer the baws in the air, the less time we have to worry about kicking it' style, to something that looked pretty good, fairly quickly.

Indeed. It's a cop out imo.

frazeHFC
30-06-2017, 01:12 PM
100% this. Not to mention the boost is crowds due to summer football with potentially(it is scotland) better weather. Never happen with that mob in charge though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think it would boost crowds. In the winter months there is nothing to do so nothing clashes with Hibs. In summer months with holidays and other commitments I'm convinced crowds would be lower. None of my family would make games and I know plenty others who would be the same. And the better weather bit is a myth 👀. Maybe if we play til the end of May, but July is usually horrendous for weather. I remember last year sitting most Saturday's in the pissing rain confused about the notion of better weather in the summer.

As you can tell I'm not a fan of the idea. :greengrin I can't argue the fact that teams would be better prepared for European ties though.

emerald green
30-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Whereas I agree with a lot of this post, I think the problems for Scottish clubs competing in European competitions go further than just this.

Scottish clubs are now getting knocked out in the very early stages of competitions by clubs most folk here haven't even heard of. Whilst Scotland has never been one of the major forces in European football, three of its clubs in the past (a long time ago now I admit) actually won European trophies. The chance of that happening now is about zero.

St Johnstone (fourth or thereabouts in Scottish Premiership last season) were beaten, at home, by Trakai (who?) last night. This is just the latest in a long line of "disappointing" (read p*** poor) results for Scottish clubs in Europe. Any bets The Rangers are on their way out too?

The St J manager was quoted as saying that their opponents were technically superior to his team. These teams usually are, that's the problem. They also seem to be much fitter, physically imposing, better organised, and tactically aware too.

SChibs
30-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Whereas I agree with a lot of this post, I think the problems for Scottish clubs competing in European competitions go further than just this.

Scottish clubs are now getting knocked out in the very early stages of competitions by clubs most folk here haven't even heard of. Whilst Scotland has never been one of the major forces in European football, three of its clubs in the past (a long time ago now I admit) actually won European trophies. The chance of that happening now is about zero.

St Johnstone (fourth or thereabouts in Scottish Premiership last season) were beaten, at home, by Trakai (who?) last night. This is just the latest in a long line of "disappointing" (read p*** poor) results for Scottish clubs in Europe. Any bets The Rangers are on their way out too?

The St J manager was quoted as saying that their opponents were technically superior to his team. These teams usually are, that's the problem. They also seem to be much fitter, physically imposing, better organised, and tactically aware too.

Scottish football as clearly missed a trick somewhere 20-30 years ago that has limited the progress.

Mid table teams in Scandinavia generally have larger stadium's, pay more and generally do okay in Europe.

Maybe they distribute their money more fairly than they do in Scotland

Ozyhibby
30-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Scottish football as clearly missed a trick somewhere 20-30 years ago that has limited the progress.

Mid table teams in Scandinavia generally have larger stadium's, pay more and generally do okay in Europe.

Maybe they distribute their money more fairly than they do in Scotland

Not many Scandinavian teams that are much bigger than Hibs. They do get a much better to deal than we do though.

hibs#1
30-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Or is he talking guff?

The last sentence i would say is correct.I always think fitness in the early rounds is the biggest problem for Scottish teams.

HoboHarry
30-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Not sure that Tommy Wright is talking guff. I was at a meeting donkeys years ago and Andy Roxburgh predicted pretty much everything that has come to pass with the general progression (or more accurately lack of) of young Scottish players and Scottish football in general. He tried to change the mind set back then (prior to being in charge at National level) and in the end he got chased. Now we have Malky McKay which just about says it all.

SChibs
30-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Not many Scandinavian teams that are much bigger than Hibs. They do get a much better to deal than we do though.

That's my point, the clubs aren't bigger or anything like that they just seem to get support from the national body and usually promote youth

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-06-2017, 09:21 PM

Mate you're absolutely spot on - the question is... what do we do about it? The manager of the team that's finished 4th consistently is saying that before a ball is kicked he knows that they'll be tactically beaten. Why is a team from Lithuania technically better than us? It cannot be facilities. It cannot be grass roots or financial

I've said for years that we're beyond the point of no return in certain respects. Rock bottom was hit yet fans still turn up and back the product. If we had success or a sense of direction clubs would thrive.

It will never happen but we need a government intervention in our game. A vision set from top to bottom. Blueprints for clubs to follow. We need to get over to Spain/Germany and see what it is that these nations are doing. It only takes one era to fix if we were ever serious about becoming a nation that isn't laughed at in the football world. A proud nation that's produced some of Britain's best. It's sad

superfurryhibby
30-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Mate you're absolutely spot on - the question is... what do we do about it? The manager of the team that's finished 4th consistently is saying that before a ball is kicked he knows that they'll be tactically beaten. Why is a team from Lithuania technically better than us? It cannot be facilities. It cannot be grass roots or financial

I've said for years that we're beyond the point of no return in certain respects. Rock bottom was hit yet fans still turn up and back the product. If we had success or a sense of direction clubs would thrive.

It will never happen but we need a government intervention in our game. A vision set from top to bottom. Blueprints for clubs to follow. We need to get over to Spain/Germany and see what it is that these nations are doing. It only takes one era to fix if we were ever serious about becoming a nation that isn't laughed at in the football world. A proud nation that's produced some of Britain's best. It's sad

Forget Spain or Germany, much bigger nations with a whole of different circumstances that don't apply here.

Where are the smaller clubs that consistently punch above their weight? Maybe better looking at their strategies.

theonlywayisup
04-07-2017, 07:24 PM

Am I reading this correctly - Progres have only ever scored one goal before in Europe - surely not.

Jonnyboy
04-07-2017, 07:25 PM
2-0 :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

#persevered
04-07-2017, 07:38 PM
They're out

kaimendhibs
04-07-2017, 07:42 PM
https://youtu.be/YeeenM7fhEQ

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
04-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Rangers will be spinning in their grave tonight!

Jonnyboy
04-07-2017, 07:45 PM
The Huns are out but Hibs are through (the Malta version but still Hibs) :greengrin

Colr
04-07-2017, 07:49 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

hibby6270
04-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:top marks

Ronniekirk
04-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Thier signing spree was probably partially being funded on assumption they would progress beyond first round you would think
Manager must be feeling the pressure fae King after this Puts a lot of pressure on him to get off yo a flier in the League
Some of these foreign players were also possibly lured by prospect of European Football

CMurdoch
04-07-2017, 07:57 PM
What an embarassment!!!

Thecat23
04-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Thier signing spree was probably partially being funded on assumption they would progress beyond first round you would think
Manager must be feeling the pressure fae King after this Puts a lot of pressure on him to get off yo a flier in the League
Some of these foreign players were also possibly lured by prospect of European Football

Better believe those signings were only because they thought they'd progress. He's in big trouble now and season hasn't started!

brianmc
04-07-2017, 07:58 PM

I'm pretty sure I read a Dave King interview where he suggested they were expecting to at least reach the Europa group stage...

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2017, 08:27 PM
That'll be the #FirstRoundBrexit

Craig_HFC
04-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Just goes to show that we need The Rangers to leave Scotland in order for Progres to win.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2017, 08:30 PM
I should really know but what's Portuguese for "shoogly peg"?

Seu Fergusson?

madhatter
04-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Surely the rest of Scottish football's fault for not giving the Old Firm the competition they need to prepare best for European football, no?

Oh wait, no, can't be...

Bet it still comes up in discussions, deflect blame on themselves onto the rest of Scottish football...maybe even suggest summer football would have saved them.

FilipinoHibs
05-07-2017, 02:39 AM
I should really know but what's Portuguese for "shoogly peg"?

Seu Fergusson?

estar por um fio

Betty Boop
05-07-2017, 10:47 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jordy21389/status/882507884290084865/video/1

emerald green
05-07-2017, 12:59 PM
An embarrassing but very predictable result for the Ibrox club last night, and also does nothing for the standing a Scottish clubs in European competitions which is at an all time low now.

Last nights result was just the latest in a long line of embarrassing results for Scottish clubs in Europe.

Answers / solutions on the back of a postcard please. There's no easy answer IMHO. The rot set in a long time ago, and the complacency which currently exists at all levels really has to change. Otherwise, expect more of the same going forward.

FilipinoHibs
05-07-2017, 01:04 PM
An embarrassing but very predictable result for the Ibrox club last night, and also does nothing for the standing a Scottish clubs in European competitions which is at an all time low now.

Last nights result was just the latest in a long line of embarrassing results for Scottish clubs in Europe.

Answers / solutions on the back of a postcard please. There's no easy answer IMHO. The rot set in a long time ago, and the complacency which currently exists at all levels really has to change. Otherwise, expect more of the same going forward.

A foreign coach with no experience of Scottish football or European competition fills RFC with a load of third rate overseas' players with a similar experience level.

emerald green
05-07-2017, 01:41 PM
A foreign coach with no experience of Scottish football or European competition fills RFC with a load of third rate overseas' players with a similar experience level.

I'm not sure if your post is meant to be an excuse or not for last nights result and performance.

Against a side two places below Prestatyn Town from Wales in EUFA rankings - and from a town with a population of 3,000 - who progress to the 2nd qualifying round.

Their first win in European competition. Played 13 Won 0 Goals Scored 1 until last night. Progres Niederkorn are hardly hardened European campaigners.

The Rangers had players like Lee Wallace, Kenny Miller, Ryan Jack, Tavernier & others in their team last night. Most of whom are considered decent enough and experienced players.