PDA

View Full Version : Houston at it again

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 06:16 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/29/falkirk-boss-peter-houston-admits-hibs-title-triumph-cost-bairns-120000/

Talking his usual pish. We only got 1,800 tickets for the games last season at Falkirk. We could have sold more if they'd given us them!

Bostonhibby
29-06-2017, 06:19 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/29/falkirk-boss-peter-houston-admits-hibs-title-triumph-cost-bairns-120000/

Talking his usual pish. We only got 1,800 tickets for the games last season at Falkirk. We could have sold more if they'd given us them!
Does he ever stop?

I reckon he's bought thousands of Hibs subbuteo players off Ebay and he sits crunching them by the handful through the close season but he's obviously ran out early this year.

Bellend top yam roaster of the highest order.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
29-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Does he ever stop?

I reckon he's bought thousands of Hibs subbuteo players off Ebay and he sits crunching them by the handful through the close season but he's obviously ran out early this year.

Bellend top yam roaster of the highest order.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

unfortunately the media like to give the 50+ old goat a platform even if it's just the local rag :)

HibernianJK
29-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Ach, used to care what he said, not our problem anymore. **** him.

stantonhibby
29-06-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure he has said anything too untoward there. If anything it's a compliment to the size of our travelling support.

lord bunberry
29-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Slavering auld jakeball

cabbageandribs1875
29-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure he has said anything too untoward there. If anything it's a compliment to the size of our travelling support.

it's just a reference to him being a sizeist :greengrin a jambo trait

lord bunberry
29-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact that he's constantly blaming things on his budget.

cleanyman
29-06-2017, 06:31 PM
They're away to Hungary for pre-season so its not all bad

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Getting the excuses in early.

He should be happy, he might get more points from Inverness than the 1 he manged to get from us last season.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 06:33 PM

It is in a way, but we don't get that many tickets for Falkirk, so he's talking his usual rubbish

lapsedhibee
29-06-2017, 06:50 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact that he's constantly blaming things on his budget.

:agree: No other manager goes onandonandonandonandonandonandonandonandonandonand onandon about his resources like tomatoheid.

Crab apple
29-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Falkirk will struggle this year and he'll be gone by the end of the season.

Ringothedog
29-06-2017, 06:53 PM
It is in a way, but we don't get that many tickets for Falkirk, so he's talking his usual rubbish

More of their fans will buy tickets for a game against us than against ICT, so it might equate to a 3k reduction

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2017, 06:57 PM

Ploy to plead poverty when bargaining over wages/sign-on fees?

HibeesLittleHel
29-06-2017, 07:01 PM
He's just a Cupid Stunt!:agree:

SChibs
29-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Thats stupid. Every teams revenue will be down if that's the case cause Falkirk wasn't the only team hibs played away last season! I'd imagine the likes of Dundee utd, Dunfermline and QoS made a tidy sum from our away support last season.

More to the point it was 1800 tickets each time so 3600 total. Which equals 72,000 at 20 quid a head. But obviously a load of tickets would be children and I'm pretty sure adult tickets were £18 anyway

I think the board has just made up an excuse for cutting he budget and Houston has fallen for it

Spike Mandela
29-06-2017, 07:23 PM
It's a backhanded compliment really. We were bankrolling their spending.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Falkirk will struggle this year and he'll be gone by the end of the season.Doubt it, they will easily be top 4 again.

Pete70
29-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I can't be ar$ed reading the article but if he's moaning about budgets, maybe he should be having a go at the stay at home Falkirk fans rather than moaning about everything & everyone else

Crab apple
29-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Doubt it, they will easily be top 4 again.

Maybe top four but they won't go up. Arabs and St Mirren to finish above them and possibly Caley & Pars too. He's not popular with many Falkirk fans I speak to. He'll be gone by season end.

Winston Ingram
29-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Genuinely surprised a Premier League club hasn't been in for him. He may be irritating but he's bloody good Manager.

TRC
29-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Thought It was a pop at Dundee United saying all the big teams are out of the league now

18Hibee75
29-06-2017, 10:25 PM

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Jones28
29-06-2017, 10:31 PM
3000 Hibs fans? A quick search told me the main stand has a capacity of 4K, and the total ground capacity is 7,400. So each end stand is more like 1900/2000.

He is a total slaver.

Deansy
29-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Dear Baldy, Hearts-fud

Look upon this alleged £120,000 'Loss' as more of a 'Fine' - a fine for the way your team play football and also for never failing to have a dig at Hibs in every single interview you give. For an alleged 'Grown man' your constant greetin about Hibs/Budgets/non-penaltys etc, etc is embarrassing, cringe-worthy and very, very girly - man up FFS !

Yours Sincerely

Hibs & Scottish Football

lucky
29-06-2017, 10:51 PM
For once he's talking sense ( apart from his financial calculations) Falkirks budget will have reduced year on year. Three years ago Hibs, them and diet them were in the league. Then us and them. Then just us. So they will not have 1800 away fans twice a season from any club in the championship. Which to me is great as this grubby little club deserve to stay down

Jim44
29-06-2017, 11:09 PM
He's not bad-mouthing us, just having a mild Victor Meldrew moment. His boat's been in for the past few seasons but it's up and left him stranded without a paddle. My heart bleeds for him.

Pete
29-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Hmm. I can't see anything wrong with anything he's said tbh.

Just telling it like it is: our revenue will be down so we have to budget for that.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-06-2017, 03:26 AM
I wonder what falkirk fans think about him constantly referencing their limitations?

Heisenberg
30-06-2017, 05:34 AM
He loves a moan about his budget. Falkirk fans I know are getting sick of his excuses. They've had three years of being told they couldn't challenge to win the league because of the big boys. Now they are being told basically the same because the big boys have left the league. Absolute slaver.

hibsbollah
30-06-2017, 05:36 AM
Falkirk, purveyors of some of the most eye bleeding football I've ever had the misfortune to witness. Just delighted we don't have to watch that regularly anymore.

JimBHibees
30-06-2017, 05:47 AM
For once he's talking sense ( apart from his financial calculations) Falkirks budget will have reduced year on year. Three years ago Hibs, them and diet them were in the league. Then us and them. Then just us. So they will not have 1800 away fans twice a season from any club in the championship. Which to me is great as this grubby little club deserve to stay down

Fair chance United and St Mirren and possibly Pars given the rivalry would take decent supports if they are doing well.

Hibby70
30-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Don't blame it on Leith Sunshine
Don't blame it on Rod Petrie
Don't blame it on the Hibees
Blame it on the budget

overdrive
30-06-2017, 06:17 AM
I read it, amongst other things, as a sly dig at Dundee United not being a "big club".

therealgavmac
30-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Blame it on the budget

He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control himself

Deansy
30-06-2017, 06:38 AM
He loves a moan about his budget. Falkirk fans I know are getting sick of his excuses. They've had three years of being told they couldn't challenge to win the league because of the big boys. Now they are being told basically the same because the big boys have left the league. Absolute slaver.

Agreed - any Hibee tempted to spare the fud an ounce of sympathy should cast their minds back to the first 5 mins of every game we played against them. It was the same game-plan every time - his players booted lumps out of every Hibs-player in sight as Houston knows referees are unlikely to get the book out early-doors !

connerg
30-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Blame it on the budget

That's pretty good. Shame you never thought of it a few months ago. Would have enjoyed singing that to him.

Geo_1875
30-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Agreed - any Hibee tempted to spare the fud an ounce of sympathy should cast their minds back to the first 5 mins of every game we played against them. It was the same game-plan every time - his players booted lumps out of every Hibs-player in sight as Houston knows referees are unlikely to get the book out early-doors !

I thought there was a rule that first booking must be a Hibs player.

Bristolhibby
30-06-2017, 10:40 AM
More of their fans will buy tickets for a game against us than against ICT, so it might equate to a 3k reduction

He's also assuming that there will be no ICT fans travelling at all.

Stop yer winging, that's life. If you are white you will be in the wee league with teams with smaller fan bases.

J

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2017, 12:41 PM
I'll miss Houston.

In the absence of the derby, then the Huns, he really stepped up to the pantomime villain plate. He helped galvanize us a support.

We owe him a lot.

KeithTheHibby
30-06-2017, 12:55 PM
He has casually forgotten about the fact that for 1 season he had Hibs, Hearts and Sevco visiting twice then the following year Hibs and Sevco. Not our fault if they *****ed all that extra cash they got for those games.

CraigHibee
30-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Jambo welt should dry his eyes and build himself a bridge to get over it

DCI Gene Hunt
30-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Peter Houston talks pish, yet again. The man is a spraffing buffoon.

In other similar news, seagulls have crapped on a Vauxhall Astra parked at the Ferry in Ullapool, and a cow has farted in field near Inverness.

Golden Bear
30-06-2017, 02:20 PM
I'm seeing his remarks as a backward compliment,I don't think there's much to get too upset about!

steakbake
30-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Let him stew - he'll be languishing in the Championship while we'll be past caring.

h18eeynick
30-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Was outside the ground today visiting The Kelpies on way back from holiday from Dunkeld to Carlisle. Said to wife that at least no league visits to this s*** hole this next season !

maturehibby
30-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Not that I care about Falkirks finances but United filled their stand in the play offs and if United are playing well and top the league I think they will fill the away Stand and that should stop his moaning about not getting Hibs money just the cash coming from Dundee instead of Edinburgh

SouthMoroccoStu
01-07-2017, 04:28 AM
When we beat Falkirk in late March (the brilliant Keatings strike) the turnout from the Falkirk fans for an important game, top of the table "6 pointer" clash, 3pm Saturday ko, nice sunny day and about 40 minutes away was pathetic.

Concentrate on your own team Houston

GreenLake
01-07-2017, 04:59 AM
A guy just emailed me a ticket for the game tomorrow. His name is Hefter and I was wondering why Houston hadn't tried him out as a center back. 😂😂

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2017, 06:29 AM
Peter Houston.

Purveyor of Thuggery. A charmless man. A prick.

DH1875
01-07-2017, 07:20 AM

Sick of his excuses, really:confused: They've been punching well above expectations the last couple of seasons. Any Falkirk fan ive met has been fairly happy. Be interesting to see how they get on now there's no Hibs, Hearts or rangers in the league.

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Sick of his excuses, really:confused: They've been punching well above expectations the last couple of seasons. Any Falkirk fan ive met has been fairly happy. Be interesting to see how they get on now there's no Hibs, Hearts or rangers in the league.

Yes they have, and its got to be down to his management. With home crowds of under 4 thousand, they have managed to get to the play offs, beat us in them and finish above us in the league.

Also they've beaten and lost to us in cup semi finals, so in my opinion he's doing a fantastic job on their budget.

Give me a management team and club that punches above its weight please, in fact a team that just punches its weight would be great. :pray: