PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Sunday 9th July

My_Wife_Camille
29-06-2017, 04:35 PM
This guy is a true Hibs legend

If you can make his testimonial game then please do go. It doesn't matter if it's pre-season or that it's against Sunderland. This is an opportunity to give the only player in the clubs history to win both major trophies the appreciation he really deserves.

Robinho08
29-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Just watched the video, fantastic and that volley against the Huns.

https://youtu.be/PtHxCy1leeA

Smartie
29-06-2017, 04:40 PM
I just watched that video of our cup win and it's the first time I've paid attention to Lewis next to David Gray as he holds the trophy aloft.

Watching Lewis going absolutely tonto when the cup is thrust into the air just made me love him that wee bit more.

Everyone must attend this match. There is no valid reason not to.

kaimendhibs
29-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Wouldnt miss it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
29-06-2017, 04:53 PM
There's a short clip towards the end of him and Hanlon being interviewed by sky after the final. Has anyone ever seen this interview?

Fuzzywuzzy
29-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Tickets arrived this morning. Looking forward to it. Going to the west for tHis as the boy keeps on asking to sit up there for a change.

JimboHibs
29-06-2017, 05:08 PM
What a role model,touch of class around Stevenson.

Viking
29-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Love this video.

Lewis is an absolute gentleman when you speak to him and he fully deserves his day and testimonial.

Maybe not as good quality wise but every bit as much as a legend, if not more, than famous 5 etc. Most probably wont agree but his two cups and league win speak for themselves!!

hfc rd
29-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Love the wee man! Can't wait for his testimonial!

1two
29-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Do you know how many tickets have been shifted? Is there a struggle?

I'd love to go but holidays won't allow it.

Northernhibee
29-06-2017, 05:19 PM
One of a kind.

Stantons Angel
29-06-2017, 05:29 PM
We have to get as many fans as possible along to this game.

The ticket prices are reasonable and its a Sunday so bring all the family out.

Hopefully the sun will shine on Leith that day for one of its best sons.

Lewis deserves to be shown just how high in regard he is held by the support, so come on and show him!

murray26
29-06-2017, 05:31 PM
I'll be there 👍Deserves a good turn out..💚💚

Pretty Boy
29-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Not got a ticket yet but will be buying one in the next week or so and know a few in the same boat.

I think as the games gets closer more and more will get over the disappointment of it not being a 'glamour' game and go along to support LS. I think the timing in relation to school holidays will be the biggest issue for a lot of people.

Seveno
29-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Love this video.

Lewis is an absolute gentleman when you speak to him and he fully deserves his day and testimonial.

Maybe not as good quality wise but every bit as much as a legend, if not more, than famous 5 etc. Most probably wont agree but his two cups and league win speak for themselves!!

'Not as good quality wise'? What about the quality of his tackling, the accuracy rate of his passes, way he can kill a ball? The add his work rate, commitment and loyalty.

Lewis Stevenson reeks quality.

HFCdeb
29-06-2017, 05:38 PM
My favourite player, wouldn't miss it.

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Away on holiday or I'd have been there. Great servant to the club over the years.

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Gutted to be missing it love the wee man

Viking
29-06-2017, 05:42 PM
'Not as good quality wise'? What about the quality of his tackling, the accuracy rate of his passes, way he can kill a ball? The add his work rate, commitment and loyalty.

Lewis Stevenson reeks quality.

You don't need to convince me im a massive fan of his. I know theres plenty on here that aren't though.

Im far too young for famous five etc but they are regarded as some of the best players in our history and as much as I am a fan of Lewis' I don't know if he can go down as one of our best players quality wise? Don't know if that makes as much sense as it does in my head but i know what i mean!! Haha

Craig_HFC
29-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Going to the hospitality. Can't wait for it.

Lewis is Mr Hibs.

Heisenberg
29-06-2017, 05:43 PM
There's a short clip towards the end of him and Hanlon being interviewed by sky after the final. Has anyone ever seen this interview?

I thought the same, would love to see it if anyone has a link.

FranckSuzy
29-06-2017, 05:45 PM

.Sean.
29-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Anyone got a link to the interview after the cup final that there's a clip of at the end of that vid? I can't believe I've never seen it, and it's not on the sky coverage.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. There are probably hundreds of 'better' players to have played for the Hibs but in my eyes, he's head and shoulders above them all. In an age that the term 'legend' is thrown about and somewhat devalued he's one man who's genuinely deserving of the tag and he's most certainly the biggest legend I've had the pleasure of watching in the green in my 26 years on the planet.

Very much doubt he reads this but on the off chance he does so, thank you Lewis for being a major part of the best two days I've ever lived.

He's the epitome of perseverance. One Lewis Stevenson :flag:

Stevie Reid
29-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Couldn't love him more.

jodjam
29-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Love the wee man. One of my favourite nights was being at a sponsors table for his testimonial dinner. Chatted to his mum in law who loves him to bits and didn't have a bad word to say about him.

My only concern is turnout. I'm on Skye and can't make the game. Many others will be on holiday as the schools break up. I really think the organisers missed a trick here and should have went for a week when we had an international break when folk are desperate to see a bit football. Maybe day after a Scotland match.

Anyway I hope he raises a lot of money for the causes and plays with us for a few more seasons.

Bostonhibby
29-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Great servant to the club, never lets us down wherever he's asked to play. Never heard him complain. Model professional. Double cup winner. I could go on.....

Delighted he's one of our own.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
29-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Just watched the video, fantastic and that volley against the Huns.

https://youtu.be/PtHxCy1leeA

Great video :agree:

Looking forward to this and he deserves it. :agree:

Not In The Know
29-06-2017, 06:20 PM
legend!

Check the look on Paul Hanlons face right at the end of the film when he realises he is just about to lift the Scottish cup for the might hibees!

hibee_girl
29-06-2017, 07:01 PM
I'd have been first in the queue for a ticket if we hadn't been on holiday :boo hoo:

I'm devastated to be missing it, he's been my favourite for years!

Marco G
29-06-2017, 08:09 PM
We have our tickets, looking forward to celebrating the day for a great player and a legend.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Any idea if Sunderland will bring many

Bay Area Hibees
29-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Love guy.
What a unit too. Ripped!!!

Allant1981
29-06-2017, 08:20 PM
cant wait for him to have the day dedicated all to him, club legend

SRHibs
29-06-2017, 08:43 PM
legend!

Check the look on Paul Hanlons face right at the end of the film when he realises he is just about to lift the Scottish cup for the might hibees!

I wish birds looked at me the way Paul Hanlon looks at the Scottish cup.

SChibs
29-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I assume there will be tickets on sale on the day?

Jonnyboy
29-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Love Lewis to bits and always have. Hope he gets a good turnout - he deserves it

WoreTheGreen
29-06-2017, 08:48 PM
I wish birds looked at me the way Paul Hanlon looks at the Scottish cup.

They do at me because i've got big ears

My_Wife_Camille
29-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Any idea if Sunderland will bring many
Sunderland are expecting a big travelling support

Yuillsy
29-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I'd have been first in the queue for a ticket if we hadn't been on holiday :boo hoo:

I'm devastated to be missing it, he's been my favourite for years!
Snap. Absolutely gutted to be missing this 1.
Hope the wee man gets a massive turn out. He fully deserves it!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
29-06-2017, 09:31 PM
What a role model! Any young hibs fan watching the game should certainlg look at Stevenson and his humble professionalism. A very strong tackler and a very nice guy it seems. Has been my favourite hibs player for years!

Love the bit in the video when he shouts "wayyyyy" right in the hearts players ear twice after he's moaning to ref. Hope he stays with us right up until the day he retires. Mr Hibs.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
30-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Yogi comes across like a proud dad there.

Lewis shook my hand on the morning of May 22nd 2016.

He's a legend.

MWHIBBIES
30-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Yogi comes across like a proud dad there.

Lewis shook my hand on the morning of May 22nd 2016.

He's a legend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkStrange because Yogi hardly played Lewis. Wasn't even in the squad for months IIRC.

My_Wife_Camille
30-06-2017, 12:30 AM
Strange because Yogi hardly played Lewis. Wasn't even in the squad for months IIRC.
Lewis only featured in 13 of Yogis 54 games and only started 8 of those. Fair enormously though that it's up to the manager but that still seems very few games considering how highly he talks of Lewis.

big-mo
30-06-2017, 05:56 AM
For a chance to meet Lewis, he will be at the Hibs Supporters Club, Sunnyside, Edinburgh this Saturday 1st July at 2pm for a signing session. There will be bespoke Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Scarves and Tee Shirts on sale at £10 each. Lewis will also be meeting 10 children from the Multi-Cultural Family Base who will be playing during half-time at Lewis’s Testimonial Match against Sunderland AFC on Sunday 9th July.

overdrive
30-06-2017, 06:00 AM
Lewis only featured in 13 of Yogis 54 games and only started 8 of those. Fair enormously though that it's up to the manager but that still seems very few games considering how highly he talks of Lewis.

I thought that was a bit strange the way he was going on about him along with Mixu. Did Mixu not try to get rid?

RossScott1991
30-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Love Lewis Stevenson. Will be there, wouldn't miss it. I'm 25, first time ever seen Hibs win a trophy he was there and outstanding. Had pleasure of meeting him once on a night out in picture house was a Mexican themed night he was there with Danny Galbraith and few others, sombrero and fake tache he had on and even when out with the lads he was still quiet, chilled and most approachable.

Great Servant!

BSEJVT
30-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Great Video

Great servant to the club

A guy who has given everything and git the absolute maximum out of himself

Deservedly a Hibs legend

Will be there

For those who cannot attend but would like to pay tribute, there is another thread on which you can donate the cost of a ticket to enable some of those on the Leith Links database to attend in your stead

Its the least Lewis deserves

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Strange because Yogi hardly played Lewis. Wasn't even in the squad for months IIRC.

Maybe just hadn't broke through properly at around 21 ahead of the likes of Ian Murray? Although Murray was maybe playing centre midfield at that point.. long time ago.. too long for me to recall!

Elephant Stone
30-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Can't see this posted anywhere. Nice video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHxCy1leeA

JimBHibees
30-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Can't see this posted anywhere. Nice video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHxCy1leeA

Brilliant video. Good to see good things come to one of the good guys.

col02
30-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Wee man is absolute class!

hibby6270
30-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Bought our ST seats yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Any news or word on whether there will be any "guest appearances".? Would be great to see some ex players sharing Lewis' day. Here's hoping.

My_Wife_Camille
30-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Bought our ST seats yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Any news or word on whether there will be any "guest appearances".? Would be great to see some ex players sharing Lewis' day. Here's hoping.
There will be quite a few guests but no cameo appearances on the pitch unfortunately

3pm
30-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Bought my tickets this morning.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Never realised they had a few up here. Living and st johnstone

RoscoHibby
30-06-2017, 10:34 AM
What a wee hero of a boy!

Look at the guns when he's lifting the cup! Tank!

Hibeesmad
02-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Lewy has released his Hibs XI since he's been here- available to watch on his Twitter testimonial page.

Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Jones
Murphy

Brown
McGinn
Boozy

Fletcher
Cummings
Griffiths

DTS
02-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know if there will be patg/ticket booths on Sunday?

ian cruise
03-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Lewy has released his Hibs XI since he's been here- available to watch on his Twitter testimonial page.

Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
Jones
Murphy

Brown
McGinn
Boozy

Fletcher
Cummings
Griffiths

Lewis wins the best Hibs XI comp. That's some team, he can't even get in it himself.

hongkonghibee
03-07-2017, 08:16 AM
does anyone know if this match is being shown live on hibs TV for overseas supporters?
Lewis has always been my favourite player, so i really dont want to miss watching his testimonial match.

KennyMillar
03-07-2017, 10:05 AM
does anyone know if this match is being shown live on hibs TV for overseas supporters?
Lewis has always been my favourite player, so i really dont want to miss watching his testimonial match.

It is.

03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
If anyone deserves a good turnout its Lewis. An absolute professional and a total gentleman.

He's been through it all, the extreme lows of cup final defeats and relegation and the extreme highs of winning both cups. Gives 100% every single game and has so much passion for the club.

A true hibs hero :not worth

basehibby
03-07-2017, 03:26 PM
I've previously sworn off pre-season friendlies as a rule - but for Lewis Stevenson's testimonial I'll be making an exception. He's been a fantastic servant to Hibs through the highs and the lows and fully deserves the acolade! Hopefully there will be a few more interesting signings to run the rule over as weĺl but, regardless, I'll be there!

Malthibby
03-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Bought 4 today but forgot to ask how the sales were going; anyone know?
GG

NOLA
03-07-2017, 06:08 PM
In the pirates village Mallorca due to the school holiday or we would have been there. Enjoy your day Louie you deserve it [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hongkonghibee
04-07-2017, 09:29 AM
It is.

yes. Got email today confirming the match will be live video for overseas supporters on Hibs TV:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
04-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Pay at the gate option ?

Hibby70
05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
just had a look at the seating plan for Sunday. Has anyone actually bought tickets for this!

Reckon the price level is just too high for effectively a pre-season match (even although half is going to charity). Hopefully some signings this week to boost numbers.

SON OF PADDY
05-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Bought 4 today but forgot to ask how the sales were going; anyone know?
GG

Girl in the ticket office told me yesterday
" VERY Disappointing so far "
Get yourself down and support a man that's given TEN years service to our club.

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Really gutted to hear about the poor sales someone on FB saying 3k only sold so far...for such a legend that's awful. Hopefully lots PATG on Sunday

hibee_girl
05-07-2017, 01:12 PM
I really hope it's not true that ticket sales are poor.

I understand it would have been difficult to get a date organised etc but I really think they've shot themselves in the foot here having it in the school summer holidays, lots of folk will be away on holiday.

They should have pushed for it to be on an international weekend, like Ian Murray's was.

DTS
05-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Is there going to be pay at the gate

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Should've done it during the winter break against a big German/Spanish team also on break. I'll be missing this due to a trip planned months ago. Really gutted to be missing it but that's the way she goes.

Hibby70
05-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Looking at the seating plan I'm not sure we've sold even 3000.

Hopefully it's a nice sunny day and there's a lot of patg punters

Boyle89
05-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Just bought 2. Hope there's a late surge.

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not having the usual excuses for this. 3000 for a man who has given everything to us for the last 10 years, his commitment has never wavered and he is the ONLY player in the history of our football club to win both the league and Scottish cups.

Anyone not going to this needs to take a good long look at themselves. If it was a European game on Sunday these excuses wouldn't be getting trotted out.

Will be awful if Lewis walks out to an Ian Murray like crowd on Sunday, the height of disrespect IMO.

Rant over.

ClewsHibs
05-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Ill be there. Stewarding, but still.

J-C
05-07-2017, 02:43 PM
I'll be there for sure, pity it's during the Edinburgh trades and many families are away on holiday.

hfc rd
05-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not having the usual excuses for this. 3000 for a man who has given everything to us for the last 10 years, his commitment has never wavered and he is the ONLY player in the history of our football club to win both the league and Scottish cups.

Anyone not going to this needs to take a good long look at themselves. If it was a European game on Sunday these excuses wouldn't be getting trotted out.

Will be awful if Lewis walks out to an Ian Murray like crowd on Sunday, the height of disrespect IMO.

Rant over.

Couldn't agree more. Some of the excuses on social media such as weather and lack of signings are just laughable! If it was a cup final, then these stay away fans will be scrambling like mad for tickets.

Guy has played for us for 10+ years, won both domestic trophies and very well respected amongst his fellow professionals. Not many Hibs players can claim to have that.

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2017, 02:48 PM
I'll be there for sure, pity it's during the Edinburgh trades and many families are away on holiday.

I get that but that in no way makes up for a drop of 12,000 off people from a league match.

J-C
05-07-2017, 02:50 PM
I get that but that in no way makes up for a drop of 12,000 off people from a league match.

I agree.

pacoluna
05-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Couldn't agree more. Some of the excuses on social media such as weather and lack of signings are just laughable! If it was a cup final, then these stay away fans will be scrambling like mad for tickets.

Guy has played for us for 10+ years, won both domestic trophies and very well respected amongst his fellow professionals. Not many Hibs players can claim to have that.

stay away fans? considering we have sold 11,000 season tickets and only 3,000 or so have so far bought a ticket for this shows that in reality a big proportion of our fan base aren't appealed by this match rightly or wrongly. I think many will patg on the day. why is it not on the Saturday?

KWJ
05-07-2017, 02:54 PM
I'll be going and not yet got my ticket.

SON OF PADDY
05-07-2017, 02:56 PM
stay away fans? considering we have sold 11,000 season tickets and only 3,000 or so have so far bought a ticket for this shows that in reality a big proportion of our fan base aren't appealed by this match rightly or wrongly. I think many will patg on the day.

The Question is Will there be a patg ?
Let's bloody hope so !!

KWJ
05-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Could an admin update this thread to put the date of the match on it so everyone can see we have a game this weekend.

It has come along remarkably fast and I wouldn't be surprised if it just slips some folks minds.

hibee_girl
05-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Could an admin update this thread to put the date of the match on it so everyone can see we have a game this weekend.

It has come along remarkably fast and I wouldn't be surprised if it just slips some folks minds.

:aok:

Big_Franck
05-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Rant over.

Agree with every word. Ticket sales so far are a terrible reflection on our support. As you say if it was someone like Brondby we were playing again on Sunday there'd be 10-11k there.

lyonhibs
05-07-2017, 03:33 PM
If it was a proper testimonial featuring guest appearances from some of the past Hibs Heros Lewis has played with over to past decade as opposed to a run of the mill pre-season game against a team Lewis has no connection to dressed up as a testimonial, the attendance would also be better.

I know that's not what it should be about, but we're kidding ourselves if we think that's not made a difference.

Super_JMcGinn
05-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Agree with every word. Ticket sales so far are a terrible reflection on our support. As you say if it was someone like Brondby we were playing again on Sunday there'd be 10-11k there.

:top marks. Anyone that can make it and doesn't can't call themselves a Hibs fan no matter what excuse they trot out imo. Lewis is an all time Hibs great and should be supported as such.

Aubenas
05-07-2017, 03:48 PM

Agreed. I'm at a concert in Liverpool on Saturday night but will be driving up on Sunday morning to make the match. We're lucky to have a player like Lewis - if the fans think it's been hard over the past ten years - think what it's been like to be a player through that time. But Lewie's just got on with it, never moaned, never stropped, just given his best game after game.

If we don't support heroes like him, we don't deserve them.

lord bunberry
05-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm gutted I won't be able to be there as I'm away on holiday. Will be watching on hibs tv though. I really hope he gets a decent turnout, he more than deserves it.

kaimendhibs
05-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Gutted at this thread. Really thought there would be a massive crowd. If you can go, you should go. Lewis is a hibs legend

FranckSuzy
05-07-2017, 04:08 PM

Rant over.

Well said. IF you can, please get along and show your support for Lewis :aok:

JimboHibs
05-07-2017, 04:35 PM
:top marks. Anyone that can make it and doesn't can't call themselves a Hibs fan no matter what excuse they trot out imo. Lewis is an all time Hibs great and should be supported as such.

Uber fan alert.

Bishop Hibee
05-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Got my ticket. Looking forward to being back at ER and hailing a Hibs hero 🇳🇬🏆🏆

andy1875
05-07-2017, 04:40 PM
3k is pathetic for a player that has given our club 10 years service.

I really hope there are at least another 4 or 5 thousand to add to that number come sunday. Anything less would be very disappointing.

B.H.F.C
05-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Shame if there is a poor crowd. I do think the majority will just buy on the day though.

I don't think there was ever going to be a great crowd for this type of fixture in bang slap in the middle of holiday season though.

Fife-Hibee
05-07-2017, 04:50 PM
4 of us not got ours yet! Getting them 2moro tho 💚

.Sean.
05-07-2017, 04:53 PM
I honestly think it's just a case of folk planning to buy on the day. I think we'll see a crown of around 8000, which will still be pish tho.

If you're local, free on the day and have the means to go, GO!

The man is as big a legend as we'll ever have.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Any idea how many from Sunderland

calumhibee1
05-07-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm out of the country and gutted to be missing it. There's not one Hibs player in history who deserves this more than Lewis IMO. Anyone not going because they can't be arsed should have a good look at themselves. :agree:

Andy74
05-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Unless you're a Man U or something where people will take advantage just to get to a game at the stadium, testimonials are something from a by gone era.

A testimonial itself won't bring fans out and so this will attract not much more than the usual pre season type game.

Lewis is popular enough but a testimonial for him just isn't good by to excite people is it? It's also in the middle of holidays and not sure people are really thinking of regular football attendance again at this stage.

I'll be honest, I'm quite up for seeing a game tomorrow night but the weekend in the middle of the summer? Not that bothered.

Joe6-2
05-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Can you pay at gate? Sorry if already posted

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Don't slaver a lot of absolute pish. I can make it but not going, and I'll take stick from the fan club but I've never rated him and know loads of others who don't either. Maybe that has something to do with the potential poor turnout. Along with it being the trades. At the end of the day, it isn't an attractive game, slap bang in the middle of the holidays when people will have other stuff planned or are out of the country. If you want to go then great, but don't start calling people out who aren't for varying reasons.

Super_JMcGinn
05-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Don't slaver a lot of absolute pish. I can make it but not going, and I'll take stick from the fan club but I've never rated him and know loads of others who don't either. Maybe that has something to do with the potential poor turnout. Along with it being the trades. At the end of the day, it isn't an attractive game, slap bang in the middle of the holidays when people will have other stuff planned or are out of the country. If you want to go then great, but don't start calling people out who aren't for varying reasons.

Hibs class right enough :aok:

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Hibs class right enough :aok:

Go on, enlighten me? What is wrong with anything I've said in my reply to you? Come on...

ancient hibee
05-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Testimonial Committee have boobed in setting it up for the middle of summer holiday.Ok it probably has been done to be clear of the start of the season but maybe the end of a season would have been better or in the winter break when probably the weather will be great!

WhileTheChief..
05-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Good chance this will be the last testimonial game we will see. Can't see many other players staying with us for a similar length of time in future.

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Good chance this will be the last testimonial game we will see. Can't see many other players staying with us for a similar length of time in future.Hanlon?

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Good chance this will be the last testimonial game we will see. Can't see many other players staying with us for a similar length of time in future.

Paul Hanlon made his debut in January 2008. This is his testimonial season.

Moody Blues
05-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Go on, enlighten me? What is wrong with anything I've said in my reply to you? Come on...

You said nothing wrong in your post Col..I totally agree with everything you said, but it seems that some posters cant accept you having your own point of view.

Heisenberg
05-07-2017, 06:01 PM

So was Lewis just lucky to win both cups for us then? Must have been since you and several other experts apparently don't rate him.

WhileTheChief..
05-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Oops, forgot about Hanlon! Apologies.

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2017, 06:04 PM
2017 and folk still don't rate Lewis Stevenson. Mind blown.

RIP Bestie
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM

He seems to have gone awful quiet mate.
I would have liked to have known how me not going meant I couldn't call myself a Hibee as well.

Heisenberg
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Don't have a clue what he has to achieve with us for folk to see what he brings to the table. Great wee player.

murray26
05-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I'll be there with a few others.. paying at the gate .. hopefully quite a few doing the same..

RIP Bestie
05-07-2017, 06:08 PM

He has been really difficult to hold on to right enough. Season after season we have done well to bat away all those big money bids.

Mind blowing.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:09 PM
So was Lewis just lucky to win both cups for us then? Must have been since you and several other experts apparently don't rate him.

David May won the European Cup. Sometimes players can be in the right place at the right time. I've not knocked him anywhere on my posts, just stated a reason why people may not be going. I also never said anything negative about those who are going.

Super_JMcGinn

Rated highly enough by every Hibs manager since 2007 but not by the armchair experts, mind blowing as you say.

Col_0762
You said nothing wrong in your post Col..I totally agree with everything you said, but it seems that some posters cant accept you having your own point of view.

Thanks, I didn't think so either.

Heisenberg
05-07-2017, 06:11 PM
David May won the European Cup. Sometimes players can be in the right place at the right time. I've not knocked him anywhere on my posts, just stated a reason why people may not be going. I also never said anything negative about those who are going.

Lewis Stevenson contributed massively to us winning both trophies.

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Don't have a clue what he has to achieve with us for folk to see what he brings to the table. Great wee player.Maybe if he ran through a literal brick wall? Or lifted the SPL trophy? Other than that there is nothing else.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Rated highly enough by every Hibs manager since 2007 but not by the armchair experts, mind blowing as you say.

By armchair experts, do you mean people who have seen nearly every first team game he's played?

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2017, 06:14 PM
David May won the European Cup. Sometimes players can be in the right place at the right time. I've not knocked him anywhere on my posts, just stated a reason why people may not be going. I also never said anything negative about those who are going.9 years apart aye? While putting in brilliant performances in both finals? Sorry but that is nonsense.

hibee_girl
05-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Can we not have the usual debate of who rates him and who doesn't? This was a thread supposed to encourage people to go to the game!

RIP Bestie
05-07-2017, 06:18 PM

How many of those Hibs managers are
a/ still in the game at a higher level than Hibs?
b/ have been poached away from us and been a success.
c/ someone you would want to see back in the job tomorrow.

In reality there are so many more managers out there who don't rate him hence no external interest in him that we are aware of.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Lewis Stevenson contributed massively to us winning both trophies.

I agree he was excellent in the 2007 LC final and deservedly MOTM. He also had a solid game last May.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:23 PM
9 years apart aye? While putting in brilliant performances in both finals? Sorry but that is nonsense.

Collins, Yogi and Calderwood didn't seem to rate him too much. The most games he was getting were during our terrible last two seasons in SPL, ending in relegation. Not denying he was good in both winning cup finals, however, he's been equally horrendous in loads of games over the years.

But you can't knock him on here so I'm out. I only wanted to take issue with the poster who said those of us who don't go on Sunday can't call ourself Hibs supporters. I'll be handing back my season ticket and not going to every away game now I know the rules on watching Hibs have changed and we all must rate certain players.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:26 PM
How many of those Hibs managers are
a/ still in the game at a higher level than Hibs?
b/ have been poached away from us and been a success.
c/ someone you would want to see back in the job tomorrow.

In reality there are so many more managers out there who don't rate him hence no external interest in him that we are aware of.

Plus three managers hardly played him anyway. Plus Fenlon signed the Bleach Blonde Northern Irish boy to play Left Back, so this every manager rates him is a bit of a myth.

Pretty Boy
05-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Guys c'mon eh?

It's a thread aimed at getting people along to the game. Berating people for not going isn't going to achieve that. Equally let's keep the critique of Lewis' performances for another day. No need for it on this thread.

They guy is in a unique club of one at Hibs and Sunday is his day. I hope he gets a good turn out. If people choose not to go then fine. Let's leave it at that.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Guys c'mon eh?

It's a thread aimed at getting people along to the game. Berating people for not going isn't going to achieve that. Equally let's keep the critique of Lewis' performances for another day. No need for it on this thread.

They guy is in a unique club of one at Hibs and Sunday is his day. I hope he gets a good turn out. If people choose not to go then fine. Let's leave it at that.

Apologies, probably my fault but I'm out. Just took umbrage at an earlier post.

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 06:30 PM
stay away fans? considering we have sold 11,000 season tickets and only 3,000 or so have so far bought a ticket for this shows that in reality a big proportion of our fan base aren't appealed by this match rightly or wrongly. I think many will patg on the day. why is it not on the Saturday?
Come.off it sat or sun makes no difference at all - I really hope the crowd turn out for Lewis on Sunday he deserves it 100%

lord bunberry
05-07-2017, 06:31 PM
I've been critical of him at times, but there's no questioning his commitment to our club. He deserves his day and he deserves a good turnout. I just wish the game was a couple of weeks later.

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Truly shocking post - dearie me. If you don't rate Lewis u know very little about commitment and guts not to mention dedication to the cause.

jacomo
05-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Can we not have the usual debate of who rates him and who doesn't? This was a thread supposed to encourage people to go to the game!

:agree:

People have their opinions about Lewis but arguing about it here is nonsense.

malcolm
05-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Opinions can be like bandwagons as folk climb on board with what they see as the popular view - I think a lot of bandwagon climbing on board came with the periods when Lewis was played as right back and having taken that view many seem not for turning.

For me he has been immense not only in commitment but skill and it looks to me like most criticism is repetitive and boring often in the face of facts put forward to refute it.

Just saying

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Truly shocking post - dearie me. If you don't rate Lewis u know very little about commitment and guts not to mention dedication to the cause.

Shocking how? I don't get what I said that was shocking? He's a marmite player, always has been. I don't disagree that he's a trier.

My point was calling those who don't go on Sunday not Hibs supporters.

RIP Bestie
05-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Dont think that was the purpose of the post. It was in response to some twat saying that anyone that doesn't go can't call themselves a Hibs fan. That is the shocking post.

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Shocking how? I don't get what I said that was shocking? He's a marmite player, always has been. I don't disagree that he's a trier.
Shocking that you used a testimonial thread to voice ur negative opinion of our longest serving player...all in my opinion of course.

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Shocking that you used a testimonial thread to voice ur negative opinion of our longest serving player...all in my opinion of course.

I took umbrage to the people not going being told we can't call ourselves Hibs supporters. Think you've maybe not understood that though.

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2017, 06:41 PM
I took umbrage to the people not going being told we can't call ourselves Hibs supporters. Think you've maybe not understood that though.
No I understood and agree with your 1st point...not into uber fan debates mate..just don't think there was any need to use the fact u "don't rate him" as an excuse for not going. Peace

Col_0762
05-07-2017, 06:42 PM
No I understood and agree with your 1st point...not into uber fan debates mate..just don't think there was any need to use the fact u "don't rate him" as an excuse for not going. Peace

Fair do's. Was just giving my reason, which I'm entitled to. Like the others who do rate him and choose to go on Sunday.