PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports Set To Replace Numbered Channels & Slash Prices

hfc rd
27-06-2017, 08:17 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket?CMP=twt_gu

About bloody time! Only personally mainly watch football, rugby, darts & F1 on Sky. No interest in golf, cricket, snooker etc.

Itsnoteasy
27-06-2017, 08:29 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket?CMP=twt_gu

About bloody time! Only personally mainly watch football, rugby, darts & F1 on Sky. No interest in golf, cricket, snooker etc.

But still costly if you take all the channels

bigstu
27-06-2017, 08:31 PM
At last!!

Golden Bear
27-06-2017, 08:31 PM
So what's the story? I can't open the link on my phone.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2017, 08:38 PM
If the football was a tenner a month, i'd subscribe. The rest i'm not really bothered about, but i'm sure it will be much more expensive than that.

hfc rd
27-06-2017, 08:38 PM
But still costly if you take all the channels

Depends which sport you are into. If you like football, golf, cricket, F1, rugby, tennis etc it's going to cost a lot. I'd only be interested in the two football channels and the Sky Sports Arena for the rugby, darts etc. The golf and cricket channel can get patched.

bingo70
27-06-2017, 08:41 PM
If the football was a tenner a month, i'd subscribe. The rest i'm not really bothered about, but i'm sure it will be much more expensive than that.

You're probably right but they need to do something to start competing with BT sport for the football so hopefully a far more reasonable price is a start.

If they don't I'm pretty tempted to get rid of sky for BT and I'm sure I won't be the only one based on the games BT had last year compared to SKY.

Carheenlea
27-06-2017, 09:26 PM
So what's the story? I can't open the link on my phone.

JJP
27-06-2017, 09:30 PM
What a bunch of fan boys. Making their Premier League teams richer and paying more for fees when people are bored with the product and aren't watching anymore.

Sylar
27-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Whatever channel shows the NFL and golf will get my backing - couldn't give a stuff about F1, Cricket, the EPL, La Liga or even the televised SPL (I'd rather go and watch us...).

Ozyhibby
28-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Happy to watch the lot for free on kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlesgaeHibby
28-06-2017, 12:35 AM
One of the main reasons I left Sky was their insistence on having the full TV package to be able to get Sky Sports in HD. I don't watch much TV and when I watch sports I want to watch in HD.

That, and BT coverage of Scottish Football is miles better. If they do a cut price Sky Sports HD package with football I could be enticed back.

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2017, 12:55 AM
sky are very clever in how they bundle different categories, they will probably split footy and rugby bundles, if you want to watch both then you will have to pay for two different bundles etc, it will probably end up costing more to get a few different categories than it is presently for the whole lot :rolleyes: the only winners will be the viewers that only want to watch one specific sport :greengrin

KazaHibs
28-06-2017, 01:04 AM

I can only imagine that is the main reason for this so called revamp?

Mcpakeisgod
28-06-2017, 04:36 AM

Here here!

Allant1981
28-06-2017, 04:58 AM

until your provider blocks it

Ozyhibby
28-06-2017, 06:10 AM

Doing it nearly a year and saved over £600. If it ends, it ends. Still been worth it. Hopefully get another year first.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2017, 06:14 AM
I'm still not giving Rupert Murdoch any more money. I used to pay a fortune for Sky, but my conscience finally got the better of me. BT Sport will do.

Phil MaGlass
28-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Looks like the SKY billions to the Premier could start drying up when the contract ends, by the way, what is kodi?

steelendhibs
28-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Just left sky for a new job elsewhere. Sky will have channels dedicated to individual sports. There will be a channel for the English premiership, a channel for other football, one for cricket, one for golf, one for F1 and another for other sports such as darts, tennis, nfl and rugby. One channel will cost £18 a month, two channels £22, and three £26. All channels will still cost £27.50. On a contract basis, you will be able to get all channels for £20 on an 18 month contract. They are tinkering at the edges in my opinion

Ozyhibby
28-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Looks like the SKY billions to the Premier could start drying up when the contract ends, by the way, what is kodi?

A program you can load onto an Amazon firestick and get all the TV, movies and sport you want for free. Takes about 15 mins to load and there are plenty YouTube videos that show you how.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-06-2017, 09:30 AM
It just gets better and better for the armchair fan. Hopefully there's a channel dedicated to 24/7 365 days coverage of the EPL only. I don't think there's enough coverage of that league at the moment.

One thing i'm not looking forward to this coming season is the inevitable switch from Saturday to Sunday games. Fri/Sat night games i love but it seems these are exclusive to BT/Jordi ALBA only.

Thanks Sky, thanks a lot

jonny
28-06-2017, 09:32 AM

Kodi is an app that can be added to a number of electronic devices, most commonly the Amazon Fire stick. It gives access to thousands of live internet streams in a variety of categories - TV shows, movies, sports etc. You can pick one up for about £60 on eBay. You need a good internet download speed for it to be worthwhile.
Another app that you can get for your phone or android device us Mobdro. That gives direct links to loads of sports channels all over the world (including sky and bt).
A lot of the streams aren't legal though.

brianmc
28-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Meanwhile... The Sky RSS feed has gone spamming mental!!

patch1875
28-06-2017, 10:44 AM
I don't bother with the sports but have F1 free with the legacy package better not take that away😤

Phil MaGlass
28-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Cheers lads

renato
28-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Just left sky for a new job elsewhere. Sky will have channels dedicated to individual sports. There will be a channel for the English premiership, a channel for other football, one for cricket, one for golf, one for F1 and another for other sports such as darts, tennis, nfl and rugby. One channel will cost £18 a month, two channels £22, and three £26. All channels will still cost £27.50. On a contract basis, you will be able to get all channels for £20 on an 18 month contract. They are tinkering at the edges in my opinion

Thanks for the overview. Will the footy internationals be on the "other football" channel or will game choice still be available if you only purchased this one sports channel?

edinburghhibee
28-06-2017, 11:46 AM
One of the main reasons I left Sky was their insistence on having the full TV package to be able to get Sky Sports in HD. I don't watch much TV and when I watch sports I want to watch in HD.

That, and BT coverage of Scottish Football is miles better. If they do a cut price Sky Sports HD package with football I could be enticed back.

I called them up at the start of the year and dropped the HD channels from my package and guess what two months later they sent me a letter saying due to my loyalty I'm getting the HD channels back for free [emoji16][emoji1303]

wallmack
28-06-2017, 12:27 PM
I called them up at the start of the year and dropped the HD channels from my package and guess what two months later they sent me a letter saying due to my loyalty I'm getting the HD channels back for free [emoji16][emoji1303]

Same:confused:

18Hibee75
28-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Better hope Lee Wallace isn't having a wee read of this thread!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
28-06-2017, 01:59 PM

That's what VPNs are for. Also, they can't block kodi altogether, they can only block sources that they are made aware of and there are always new sources and add ons cropping up.

steelendhibs
28-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the overview. Will the footy internationals be on the "other football" channel or will game choice still be available if you only purchased this one sports channel?

The international footy will be on the non EPL channel with the EFL and SPFL

Borderhibbie76
28-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Agreed this is a nonsense and such a long drawn out way of offering sports in HD mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibby70
28-06-2017, 03:50 PM
That's what VPNs are for. Also, they can't block kodi altogether, they can only block sources that they are made aware of and there are always new sources and add ons cropping up.

I'd be very, very careful with VPNs.

Morganleith
28-06-2017, 06:01 PM
I binned skysports end of the season as it disgusted me the money thrown at the game down south . Not alone I'm sure , and to be honest don't think anything will get me back to it

HFCdeb
28-06-2017, 06:46 PM
I binned skysports end of the season as it disgusted me the money thrown at the game down south . Not alone I'm sure , and to be honest don't think anything will get me back to it

Ditched it years ago for the same reason and have no regrets.

oneone73
28-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Ditched it years ago for the same reason and have no regrets.

Me too. I do have BT Sport, though, because they're my broadband provider. I like to think they're aiming to do better by Scottish football.

Morganleith
28-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Me too. I do have BT Sport, though, because they're my broadband provider. I like to think they're aiming to do better by Scottish football.

Yes ill be renewing BTSports as they at least make an effort with Scottish football and with us up now too

renato
29-06-2017, 11:24 AM
The international footy will be on the non EPL channel with the EFL and SPFL

Nice one, thanks. It'll be just that channel for me then.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 11:37 AM
When is this likely to kick in from?

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2017, 03:13 PM
I really couldn'the care less where the money goes. As long as I can sit in my house and continue to have the choice of watching whatever football is on the TV then I will continue to subscribe to both BT and SKY.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 03:36 PM
I really couldn'the care less where the money goes. As long as I can sit in my house and continue to have the choice of watching whatever football is on the TV then I will continue to subscribe to both BT and SKY.

Would you not like a bit more of the money to come up to Scotland?
We are losing Scottish talent to small English clubs, as we can't compete due to the money on offer!

Ozyhibby
29-06-2017, 04:18 PM
We are losing Scottish talent to small English clubs, as we can't compete due to the money on offer!

Yes, that's why I don't care if the whole thing comes crashing down as a result of everyone watching for free. It harms Scottish football.

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2017, 06:49 PM

To be honest I never give it a second thought when watching SKY is my point. Yeah of course I would like the game in Scotland to flourish through more TV money, but the fact that it doesn't would never stop me buying SKY.

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Watching the sevco game in Premier Live HD with a Firetv, rather poke my eyes out with a rusty nail than give Sky the kind of money they want to watch sport.

Saying that, i wont buy a tv licence either, i'm just a tight wad.

ColinNish
29-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Watching the sevco game in Premier Live HD with a Firetv, rather poke my eyes out with a rusty nail than give Sky the kind of money they want to watch sport.

Saying that, i wont buy a tv licence either, i'm just a tight wad.
I'd rather poke my eyes out with a rusty nail than watch a Huns match. Each to their own though.