PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in European action tonight

G B Young
27-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Hibernians of Malta that is...good 2-0 win over Tallinn in Champions League qualifying.

They've been mentioned a few times on here but has anyone ever been to a 'Hibs' game in Malta?

HibbyDave
27-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Watching Spain v Italy under 21 and in the stand is Miixxu!Saw him tv at Ht

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Hibernians of Malta that is...good 2-0 win over Tallinn in Champions League qualifying.

They've been mentioned a few times on here but has anyone ever been to a 'Hibs' game in Malta?

Quite a few times. Was in Malta last week and they love seeing a Hibs top in Paolo.

frazeHFC
27-06-2017, 08:52 PM
I haven't been to a game but I've been to the supporters club and the stadium, where we met the ground manager. His office had a pennant of ours on the wall and he said that it was his dream to see Hibs (Malta) v Hibs (Scotland). I was told by a family member over there that there were early discussions into this happening although it never materialised.

G B Young
28-06-2017, 09:08 PM
I haven't been to a game but I've been to the supporters club and the stadium, where we met the ground manager. His office had a pennant of ours on the wall and he said that it was his dream to see Hibs (Malta) v Hibs (Scotland). I was told by a family member over there that there were early discussions into this happening although it never materialised.

It would make for a great pre-season friendly if you combined it with a summer holiday to Malta.

H18 SFR
28-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Watching Spain v Italy under 21 and in the stand is Miixxu!Saw him tv at Ht

I'm sure I read a whole back that Mixu is doing some work for UEFA - not sure exactly what though.

Glory Lurker
28-06-2017, 09:16 PM
It would make for a great pre-season friendly if you combined it with a summer holiday to Malta.

Nah. I'm holding out for our first meeting being in the Champions League final in the Olympiastadion. :greengrin

southern hibby
28-06-2017, 10:38 PM

Did a game back in 93/94 when I was in the navy. Ship was in Malta went to a game and managed to get about a 100 fans singing we F cking hate jam tarts. Wore my Hibs top and they loved it.

Got totally mugged off too. During the game this stunner came up and asked if I wanted to swap tops. Trust me she was gorgeous. Top was of and in my hand in record time she just smiled and then introduced me to some old man about 70, who took his top off and it was covered in sweat and absolutely stinking.

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
28-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Did a game back in 93/94 when I was in the navy. Ship was in Malta went to a game and managed to get about a 100 fans singing we F cling hate jam tarts. Wore my Hibs top and they loved it.

Got totally mugged off too. During the game this stunner came up and asked if I wanted to swap tops. Trust me she was gorgeous. Top was of and in my hand in record time she just smiled and then introduced me to some old man about 70, who took his top off and it was covered in sweat and absolutely stinking.

GGTTH

:faf:

magpie1892
28-06-2017, 11:43 PM
Many times - but I also had the pleasure of seeing Birkirkara v. Yam last season in the 1st leg. 0-0, and I thought they'd blown it, but me of little faith..!