PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Colts.

Brightside
27-06-2017, 10:35 AM
In other news I see we are referring to our Dev Team / Reserve Team as the Hibs Colts now. They will take part in the Irn Bru Cup.

I've not heard any of the details about the changing of the Dev League for next season, but it is supposed to be changing as part of the Project "Brave"

H18 SFR
27-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Only change confirmed for the league so far is that Rangers have withdrawn.

KWJ
27-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Was it purely a financial thing for our withdrawing from the EoS league? Did we win promotion in that one season?

I'd have thought that even with losing some money it'd have been a worthwhile development loss by getting the kids and reserve guys playing some meaningful games against adults.

CallumLaidlaw
27-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Is it not just because "colt teams" are entering the challenge cup. Our development team wasn't in the challenge cup last season so not a term we are used to from a hibs point of view

HFCdeb
27-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Elgin at Easter Road.

Sir David Gray
27-06-2017, 12:10 PM
In other news I see we are referring to our Dev Team / Reserve Team as the Hibs Colts now. They will take part in the Irn Bru Cup.

I've not heard any of the details about the changing of the Dev League for next season, but it is supposed to be changing as part of the Project "Brave"

All Premiership sides in the Challenge Cup are referred to as "Colts".

Tamhere1875
27-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Be played at the Oriam that's where the development team play their home games

ElginHibbie
27-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Be played at the Oriam that's where the development team play their home games

Wouldn't be so sure, think quite a few of the U20's last year played home matches at their clubs stadiums, some may have even played at other clubs' grounds so won't be surprised if this was at where Spartans play. But then again those U20's might play all their games there so might be talking rubbish.

Not that it matters to me, mid week so won't be able to make the closet I've gotten to my dream Hibs/Elgin game

Nevi_SOL
27-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Should be played at ER

jodjam
27-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Should be played at ER

And will keep the dot counters busy

Nevi_SOL
27-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Should be played at ER

eastcoasthibby
28-06-2017, 09:41 AM
our Colts ....national trophy ! I think it should be at ER personally ..

Ozyhibby
29-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Ozyhibby Jnr interviewed the young polish goalie we signed for his Hibs fan page on Instagram and one of the questions he asked him was who he thought would be the next young player to break into the first team and his answer was Fraser Murray. Any of the lads who watch u20's know much about him? What position does he play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
29-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Ozyhibby Jnr interviewed the young polish goalie we signed for his Hibs fan page on Instagram and one of the questions he asked him was who he thought would be the next young player to break into the first team and his answer was Fraser Murray. Any of the lads who watch u20's know much about him? What position does he play?

He's a midfielder. Played & scored last season vs Turiff Utd and started vs Raith Rovers at ER towards the end of last season and looked impressive.

ElginHibbie
29-06-2017, 09:18 AM
He's a midfielder. Played & scored last season vs Turiff Utd and started vs Raith Rovers at ER towards the end of last season and looked impressive.

Think he got MOTM against Raith?

Was at both games and against Turiff, him and another young guy, CraneI think it was, were both really impressive

lumbo_hfc
29-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Was it purely a financial thing for our withdrawing from the EoS league? Did we win promotion in that one season?

I'd have thought that even with losing some money it'd have been a worthwhile development loss by getting the kids and reserve guys playing some meaningful games against adults.

Probably because the standard of the EoS, since the introduction of the lowland league, is woeful!! A waste of time from a hibs point of view

Brightside
29-06-2017, 11:08 AM

Two footed. Loads of energy...like all of them needs to bulk up a bit. But potentially a very good player. Can play anywhere across the midfield

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Did he not see him against Raith, in the 2nd last game?

Cracking little player

Tamhere1875
29-06-2017, 12:52 PM
One of many young players who could make a breakthrough this coming season.

Ozyhibby
29-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Did he not see him against Raith, in the 2nd last game?

Cracking little player

Was that a midweek game Billy? I think he had training that night so we never went down.

Tamhere1875
30-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Game against Elgin city to be played at Spartans Ainslie Park on August 15th 7.45 ko £12-£6 tickets can be bought from Hibs ticket office