PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever won anything significant on Hibernian Lotto?

G B Young
26-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Been playing this for a few years now and while I accept that the odds are weighted massively against a big win, it's been exceedingly slim pickings. I think the best I've ever done is to win half a free line. Even when I played the national lottery I used to win the odd tenner. Anyone know much about the set-up of Hibernian Lotto? Is it one big draw incorporating a host of other clubs' lotto draws, or is it even wider than that?

If it wasn't for the fact it apparently helps with Lennon's transfer funds (how much does he actually get from it?) I probably wouldn't bother. As things stand it seems to be little more than a goodwill donation.

oldbutdim
26-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Been playing this for a few years now and while I accept that the odds are weighted massively against a big win, it's been exceedingly slim pickings. I think the best I've ever done is to win half a free line. Even when I played the national lottery I used to win the odd tenner. Anyone know much about the set-up of Hibernian Lotto? Is it one big draw incorporating a host of other clubs' lotto draws, or is it even wider than that?

If it wasn't for the fact it apparently helps with Lennon's transfer funds (how much does he actually get from it?) I probably wouldn't bother. As things stand it seems to be little more than a goodwill donation.

I think I've won the 'half line' about three or four times.

Gave up.

iwasthere1972
26-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Not a bean.

Now come to think about it, I've never actually done the Lotto so that will explain why I've never won anything. :doh:

givescotlandfreedom
26-06-2017, 11:32 AM
It's actually the German lottery if I mind right.

Seveno
26-06-2017, 11:50 AM
I won £4-70 a few weeks ago. Just back from my round the world cruise.

Jack
26-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I won around £40 last October and since then thanks to a number of smaller wins haven't had to top up my account.

I don't do it every draw, maybe a couple of lines or more when the jackpot is over £5,000,000!

If I remember correctly Hibs get 26% of the ticket money.

It's tied to, but not part of the German lottery. The company that run it on behalf of Hibs is German. If there was a huge Hibs winner that that would be paid from insurance which is also part of the ticket price.

Deansy
26-06-2017, 03:52 PM

That's my view as well - won £18-20 once but now just the occasional 'You've won a free line'. However, as it goes to Hibs I just keep on with it.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-06-2017, 03:53 PM
An owl

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Is it cheaper than playing the national lottery or euromillikns?

Wilson
26-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Is it cheaper than playing the national lottery or euromillikns?

Yes, and easier to spell.

gringojoe
26-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Not me but a mate won a few grand a couple of years ago.

hibee
26-06-2017, 04:55 PM
I play on a subscription and haven't ever won more than half a free line, now that you've mentioned it I might be better off changing to a euromilions ticket.

proud_and_green
26-06-2017, 05:12 PM
If people view this as a goodwill donation and Hibs only get 26% of every pound spent would it not be better to donate the full price of a ticket to the Club then they get 100%.....?

sleeping giant
26-06-2017, 05:14 PM

:faf:
Made me laugh :-)

Liam89
26-06-2017, 06:01 PM
If people view this as a goodwill donation and Hibs only get 26% of every pound spent would it not be better to donate the full price of a ticket to the Club then they get 100%.....?

But then there's no minuscule chance of winning a jackpot! It's worth the price of the ticket alone to wonder how you'd spend the winnings every week.

erin go bragh
26-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I kept getting emails saying I had won . Only to log on and find every time I had won half a line .
Was sick of getting exited for nothing , so cancelled.

Scorrie
26-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Won £47 quid a few months ago. It didn't change me. Seriously do Hibs benefit from this lottery?

bob12345
26-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just do a lottery version of the happy hibee draw? A few guaranteed Hibs winners each time and the rest of the money going to the club. I'd be more inclined to play that.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2017, 08:22 PM

:)

Jack
26-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just do a lottery version of the happy hibee draw? A few guaranteed Hibs winners each time and the rest of the money going to the club. I'd be more inclined to play that.

It was considered.

The current system has no costs to Hibs.

Your suggestion would have staff and and possible licencing implications.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2017, 10:08 PM
If it costs less and you'd bet on lotto for the odds / rewards it offers why not transfer your dosh over to one where Hibs benefit?

pacorosssco
27-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Is it more benefit to club to get a happy hibee ticket?

AZhibee
27-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Won every bit I didn't put in! Would rather buy memorabilia.