PDA

View Full Version : TV games

steelendhibs
26-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Anybody know when the first TV games are announced? Assuming the rangers away game will be moved for telly. Hoping against hope that the Hamilton game will be moved as at a wedding, but can't see it!!!!

TamHibs
26-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Anybody know when the first TV games are announced? Assuming the rangers away game will be moved for telly. Hoping against hope that the Hamilton game will be moved as at a wedding, but can't see it!!!!

Last season there was nearly a 2 week wait between the fixture announcement & the TV games being announced. I'm not sure if they'll show the Rangers game on TV as they don't usually show Celtic or Rangers home games in the top league unless it's against each other or coming towards the end of the season.

I hope they don't move it as I am away down to Manchester on the Sunday so would have to miss the game if they show it that day.

Will happily take a Friday night though if it is to be shown on telly :greengrin:greengrin

.Sean.
26-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm in Leeds on the Friday before we play Dundee and want to get the train back up booked sooner rather than later but want to make sure it's definitely getting played the Saturday first. Doubt it'll be moved but you never know

danhibees1875
26-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm in Leeds on the Friday before we play Dundee and want to get the train back up booked sooner rather than later but want to make sure it's definitely getting played the Saturday first. Doubt it'll be moved but you never know

I've gambled and booked early for that one, hopefully it's not moved!

H18 SFR
26-06-2017, 11:12 AM
30th of June my mate who works for Sky recons.

Renfrew_Hibby
26-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Will Sky not be showing Celtic v Hearts on the Sat (early kickoff) and then also Well v Rangers on the Sunday.
That leaves a Friday night slot to BT as Sky kickoff their Skybet Championship that night, Sunderland v Derby I think?
So what game would BT cover? Quite possibly the Aberdeen match but if not then the curtain raiser could well be 'flag day' at Easter Road and our game with Thistle.

DH1875
26-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Genuinely don't think there is any chance of our game at Ibrox being moved to be on the telly.

green&left
26-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Genuinely don't think there is any chance of our game at Ibrox being moved to be on the telly.

Rangers's first home game of the season, i'd say there is every chance it could be moved for TV.

Since90+2
26-06-2017, 12:18 PM
I think its more likely than not that the Rangers game will be on Telly. 12/12.30 on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Hibee87
26-06-2017, 12:20 PM
What's the rules on how many games can be shown for the home team? I seem to recall it used to be 4 (but that might have been when we had just one channel) it used to be the case that the old firms were shown and the other 2 at park head and ibrox were used nearer the end of the season for games that had any significance.....at least that's how i remember it

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Rangers's first home game of the season, i'd say there is every chance it could be moved for TV.

Hope you're right but I've always found TV games are disproportionately old firm away matches so I'd say the ER fixture is more likely.