PDA

View Full Version : The Alex Cropley Story

Lago
25-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Just finished reading Crops, which was updated to take it to season 2016 & Hibs Scottish Cup win. For me, having followed Hibs since 1970 it was interesting to read his take on the team & games back then. You forget as he mentions on a few occasions crowds of only 7000, poor results against lesser teams, the effect Brownlies leg break against East Fife had on Hibs results that season.
Also to me the break up of the Tornadoes came too soon. Lastly he talks about Eddie Turbull as the best manager he served under, tactically years ahead of his time. His comments on Jason Cummings brought a smile to my lips, my thoughts exactly Alex & on Stubbs again spot on.
Those were great days when he was at ER how I miss them, thank you Crops.:agree:

fat freddy
25-06-2017, 05:20 PM
My hero when I was a kid.

MSK
25-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Just finished reading Crops, which was updated to take it to season 2016 & Hibs Scottisg Cup win. For me, having followed Hibs since 1970 it was interesting to read his take on the team & games back then. You forget as he mentions on a few occasions crowds of only 7000, poor results against lesser teams, the effect Brownlies leg break against East Fife had on Hibs results that season.
Also to me the break up of the Tornadoes came too soon. Lastly he talks about Eddie Turbull as the best manger he served under, tactically years ahead of his time. His comments on Jason Cummings brought a smile to my lips, my thoughts exactly Alex & on Stubbs again spot on.
Those were great days when he was at ER how I miss them, thank you Crops.:agree:Alex Cropley & John Brownlie in this pic, Edina hibs U17s (taken in 1967)

Silver Fox
25-06-2017, 06:52 PM
My hero when I was a kid.

Mine too

superfurryhibby
25-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Alex Cropley & John Brownlie in this pic, Edina hibs U17s (taken in 1967)

That is a fantastic photo.

stevie-bee
25-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Great photo
Sure I heard he had a stroke a couple of months ago ,

MSK
25-06-2017, 07:00 PM
That is a fantastic photo.Cheers mate, believe it was taken down at the Seafield pitches, wonder if any of the other players made it to professional ranks, unfortunately I dont have their names

hibeg
25-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Cheers mate, believe it was taken down at the Seafield pitches, wonder if any of the other players made it to professional ranks, unfortunately I dont have their names

Is that not Billy McEwan front row second left. ? Guy next to John Brownlie looks like John Blackley