PDA

View Full Version : First away match for a child.

lugz
25-06-2017, 09:56 AM
So last year I took my daughter to her first game, We had season tickets and she now loves going to the games.

I'm thinking of stepping it up this year and taking in an away game or 2 with her. She's only 4 so I'm staying well clear of the bigot brothers and them across the city.

Where do people think would be a good ground to take her to her first away game?

JimBHibees
25-06-2017, 10:04 AM
So last year I took my daughter to her first game, We had season tickets and she now loves going to the games.

I'm thinking of stepping it up this year and taking in an away game or 2 with her. She's only 4 so I'm staying well clear of the bigot brothers and them across the city.

Where do people think would be a good ground to take her to her first away game?

Something like Motherwell not too far and end is big and likely to have some space.

oneone73
25-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Dunfermline friendly?

HFCdeb
25-06-2017, 10:06 AM
It's a shame Dunfermline weren't promoted with us, East End Park is a great away day, in my opinion. Pretty sure my first away day with my dad was Killie.

HFCdeb
25-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Dunfermline friendly?

Forgot about the pre-season game. Think this would be ideal.

Wilson
25-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Ibrox. In at the deep end.

Onceinawhile
25-06-2017, 10:56 AM
My son's first away game was livi. That worked well. He also manages tynie for the league cup semi and all the hampden games.

Rugby park might be a shout. Can always watch the score board.

tartanhibee
25-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Patrick thistle or Hamilton would be me my choise.

Colr
25-06-2017, 11:04 AM

Partick Thistle is a good place to go.

SRHibs
25-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Perth.

lugz
25-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Cheers for the suggestions everyone 👍

InchHibby
25-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Ibrox. In at the deep end.

Yes and she should be okay going on her own.:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
25-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Dunfermline friendly?

But arrive super early as they are a shambles and in my experience you often just get told to sit wherever (what's the point in allocated seats) they really need to get their act sorted

Mr White
25-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Perth.

:agree:

Under 12s are free and when they open the Ormond stand it's mixed and a decent friendly atmosphere. It was my boys first away game other than Hampden when he was 3 and it worked pretty well except for the teams performance that day.

traceyhibs
25-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Aw that's great. My youngest is 5 and she's going into her 3rd year as a Season Ticket Holder. She loves it. Took them to most of the Away games last season as they were all pretty safe. The only games I won't take her and my other daughter to are Ibrox and Tynecastle. Just got us all Away ST as I can upgrade their tickets when not taking them.

For her first Away game I would go with St Johnstone Away at beginning of September. Not a bad stadium there and won't be as highly charged either.

We tend to get there early and get parked and make a day of it. Hope she enjoys this season too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holmesdale Hibs
25-06-2017, 11:52 AM
My first away game was Motherwell which I still remember quite clearly although I was probably around 10. I agree with Perth but as you say, anything other than the old firm or hearts (and maybe Aberdeen given the distance) would be fine.

traceyhibs
25-06-2017, 12:05 PM
My first away game was Motherwell which I still remember quite clearly although I was probably around 10. I agree with Perth but as you say, anything other than the old firm or hearts (and maybe Aberdeen given the distance) would be fine.

Yeah Aberdeen is a trek. My mum is between Perth and Dundee so I'll be looking for lodgings when playing Aberdeen lol.

Unfortunately have to take kids to Celtic Park as hubby will be in the home end so childcare is limited. He tried to take youngest there once but she wasn't keen on it and lasted 20 mins and was singing about SJM oops

MichelleHibs
25-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Mcdiarmid park. They usually open a family stand too so it's a mix of hone and away fans.

leggeto
25-06-2017, 12:36 PM
To get them proper hooked,tyncastle is a must

traceyhibs
25-06-2017, 12:41 PM
To get them proper hooked,tyncastle is a must

I wouldn't trust my Lucy [emoji12]

Tamhere1875
25-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Shawfield many many many many moons ago lol

portycabbage
25-06-2017, 01:18 PM
My then 5 year olds first away match (and his only away match so far) was on the 21st of May last year. It went pretty well!

traceyhibs
25-06-2017, 01:30 PM
My then 5 year olds first away match (and his only away match so far) was on the 21st of May last year. It went pretty well!

Lucky mascot then

wookie70
26-06-2017, 11:33 PM
St Johnstone family stand is cheap as chips and no bother. Not in amongst the Hibs fans as it is mixed support.

HoboHarry
26-06-2017, 11:49 PM

My boys first game was away - Falkirk vs Hibs at old Brockville and the toilets were so nasty he wouldn't pee in them. Second game was at Easter Road and he wouldn't go anywhere else after that :greengrin. Me and the kids are life long Hibees - wife isn't interested in footie but she's a Muggle, what can I say.......

WeAreHibs
27-06-2017, 07:19 AM
My wee boy is 4 in November and I can't wait for his first game. I'm thinking Lewis's testimonial.