PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser

at last 61
25-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Watching hibee hibernian from 1996 got me thinking about the grenfell towers disaster if every club had a fundraiser for the victims ie previous and current player's entertainment ie for us the proclaimers. Fish etc we as a whole could raise a fortune for the appeal. Every club must have someone who could do an act and have an auction etc and find a sponsor for the event so that all the money raised would go to the victims of grenfell. Thoughts! !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
25-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Watching hibee hibernian from 1996 got me thinking about the grenfell towers disaster if every club had a fundraiser for the victims ie previous and current player's entertainment ie for us the proclaimers. Fish etc we as a whole could raise a fortune for the appeal. Every club must have someone who could do an act and have an auction etc and find a sponsor for the event so that all the money raised would go to the victims of grenfell. Thoughts! !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fantastic idea man, and I'm in no way having a dig at you or anyone who supports the various fundraising events for Grenfell just now. Truly is terrible what happened.

But, how about we do something like the above for something much closer to home and the thousands of folk who have to sleep rough all over Edinburgh all year round? Why does it need to take maximum media exposure before we do something like this to help people?

KWJ
25-06-2017, 01:57 AM
Fantastic idea man, and I'm in no way having a dig at you or anyone who supports the various fundraising events for Grenfell just now. Truly is terrible what happened.

But, how about we do something like the above for something much closer to home and the thousands of folk who have to sleep rough all over Edinburgh all year round? Why does it need to take maximum media exposure before we do something like this to help people?

Weird coincidence or you saw this tweet fron Marv. Either way , a good thing.

JohnM1875
25-06-2017, 02:06 AM
Weird coincidence or you saw this tweet fron Marv. Either way , a good thing.

Nah I saw that earlier. Amazing gesture for sure and I don't want it to come across that I think the victims of Grenfell don't deserve support! Of course I do! But I also think we should be doing things to help people in our city get their lives back on track and a fundraiser could raise thousands.