PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Fitba returns..

CL0762
24-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Hi folks,

Some big news coming your way. The Monday Night Fitba team are back! We are delighted to announce we will be back on Radio Saltire and will be coming to you live 6.30-8pm every Monday night starting Monday 3rd July

The entire team are reinvigorated and very excited to be bringing you the banter, analysis and in depth interviews with the club favourites you all enjoy as both Edinburgh clubs look ahead to an action packed season in the premiership.

Once again thank you for your support and a big thank you to Radio Saltire for the opportunity

You can listen to the show live on the saltire website or app or if you are in Glasgow we are also available on DAB digital radio

hibsboy07
24-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Jesus I thought you meant we were to be playing on Mondays lol

Billychaotic182
24-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Welcome back lads. Look forward to it

CL0762
24-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Welcome back lads. Look forward to it

Thanks Billy 👍🏼

H18 SFR
24-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Superb, I get Radio Saltire in the car.

CraigHibee
24-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Radio Saltire is a cracking wee station, had the pleasure of doing a couple of live deejay sets down there and know a couple of the guys that host weekend shows there too

GMD
25-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Great news, will you be making a podcast available on iTunes like you did previously?

CL0762
25-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Great news, will you be making a podcast available on iTunes like you did previously?

I haven't heard anything otherwise, we realise that the majority of people won't be able to listen live so the podcast would be available.

ManBearPig
25-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Brilliant well chuffed for this.

GMD
25-06-2017, 08:37 PM
I haven't heard anything otherwise, we realise that the majority of people won't be able to listen live so the podcast would be available.
Thanks Craig, it's great to have you guys back and a show dedicated to Edinburgh fitba. Plenty of material to rip into the Jambos with, it's going to be a great listen.

micka_weer
26-06-2017, 05:43 AM

Good stuff 😊👍🏼

CL0762
03-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Hi folks.

First show was live on radio Saltire tonight.

Expecting the podcast to be available in the next few days.

Thanks.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Hi folks.

First show was live on radio Saltire tonight.

Expecting the podcast to be available in the next few days.

Thanks.

Looking forward to the podcast craig. I'm training for the spartan race this year so will love to have the podcast on as I go running 20k this week

Col2
03-07-2017, 09:26 PM
It was fantastic show and well balanced and edinburgh focussed.

Even felt sorry for the Jambos on the cup final podcast - which I still listen to now and then 😉

CL0762
04-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Looking forward to the podcast craig. I'm training for the spartan race this year so will love to have the podcast on as I go running 20k this week

Nice one Billy, all the best with that. Will update on here and all our platforms when it's available.

It was fantastic show and well balanced and edinburgh focussed.

Even felt sorry for the Jambos on the cup final podcast - which I still listen to now and then 😉

Thanks for the feedback Col, appreciate it a lot.

SuperAllyMcleod
04-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Will we need to re-subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or will the old subscription pick it up?

CL0762
05-07-2017, 06:54 PM
That's the podcast version up, if you were previously subscribed it should show up in your playlist.

Thanks

green day
09-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Just listened, excellent as always. Giggled a bit when your Jambo mates were talking about Jack Hamilton as if he's a real keeper !

CL0762
11-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Last nights episode is available to download from the usual channels.

Thanks.

CL0762
18-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Hi folks,

Last nights episode is now available for download on our iTunes and Podbean channels.

Thanks.

SRHibs
18-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Is there a reason you're not linking it? Is it against the rules?

CL0762
18-07-2017, 06:02 PM
http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/#

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2

Sorry mate, there is the links for podbean & iTunes.

Cheers.

CL0762
24-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Hi folks,

Tonight's episode is up.

Also on Wednesday night we will be releasing the interview we conducted with Kevin Thomson last week.

As always, all feedback is welcome.

Sam is joined by Craig Leitch and Sean Meechan to discuss the weekend's Betfred Cup action as Hearts comfortably defeated East Fife 3-0 at Tynecastle while Hibs drew 0-0 with Ross County in Dingwall. They also round up the week's transfer news and preview the upcoming Betfred Cup ties for both sides.
The show ends with a small clip from the upcoming interview with former Hibs midfielder Kevin Thomson which will air on Wednesday at 10pm on Radio Saltire.
You can listen to the show live every Monday at 6:30pm on Radio Saltire at*www.radiosaltire.org
A full archive of all past shows and interviews can be found at*http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/feed/
Tweet the show @MNFitba or email*fitba@radiosaltire.org

JK Rolling
28-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Hi folks,

Tonight's episode is up.

Also on Wednesday night we will be releasing the interview we conducted with Kevin Thomson last week.

As always, all feedback is welcome.

Sam is joined by Craig Leitch and Sean Meechan to discuss the weekend's Betfred Cup action as Hearts comfortably defeated East Fife 3-0 at Tynecastle while Hibs drew 0-0 with Ross County in Dingwall. They also round up the week's transfer news and preview the upcoming Betfred Cup ties for both sides.
The show ends with a small clip from the upcoming interview with former Hibs midfielder Kevin Thomson which will air on Wednesday at 10pm on Radio Saltire.
You can listen to the show live every Monday at 6:30pm on Radio Saltire at*www.radiosaltire.org (http://www.radiosaltire.org)
A full archive of all past shows and interviews can be found at*http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/feed/

Just listened to the Kevin Thomson interview. Outstanding. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have to say Craig that Sam, the Jambo interviewer, comes across very well and his knowledge of Kevin's career ensured a really good interview (he/you obviously did his/your research). You also have to give Sam a fair bit of credit as I know for a fact that I couldn't perform the same role and interview one of theirs without throwing in some seriously ropey questions re finances etc.

Keep up the good work and here's hoping MNF goes from strength to strength.

CL0762
01-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Hi folks,

Last nights episode is now up. Very Hearts heavy however it may be of interest to hear the guys thoughts on the current scenario if that so interests you!

Sam is joined by Craig Leitch, Scott McIntosh and Sean Meechan to discuss the fallout from the weekend's Betfred Cup action as Hearts crash out after dropping 5 points in the last week while Hibs progress after winning their group.
You can listen to the show live every Monday at 6:30pm on Radio Saltire at*www.radiosaltire.org
A full archive of all past shows and interviews can be found at*http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2&i=1000390513535

Cheers!

DarlingtonHibee
01-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Hi folks,

Last nights episode is now up. Very Hearts heavy however it may be of interest to hear the guys thoughts on the current scenario if that so interests you!

Sam is joined by Craig Leitch, Scott McIntosh and Sean Meechan to discuss the fallout from the weekend's Betfred Cup action as Hearts crash out after dropping 5 points in the last week while Hibs progress after winning their group.
A full archive of all past shows and interviews can be found at*http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2&i=1000390513535

Cheers!

Listened to the show. Enjoyed it.

Craig_HFC
01-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Listened to the interview with Kevin Thomson yesterday, found it very interesting. Although any grown man who calls football 'footy' needs rounded up and re-educated.

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Listened to the interview with Kevin Thomson yesterday, found it very interesting. Although any grown man who calls football 'footy' needs rounded up and re-educated.

:greengrin

I've only listened to the first bit so far but I agree, as such.

Irish Dave
07-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Listened to the last show finally - now over taken by events - so looking forward to the next one - it's interesting when the jambos give their honest views on hibs and vice versa - and wee bit of banter thrown in

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 10:45 AM
It'll be interesting to hear if they have any spin about the new stand or if they'll talk about how Budge lied to them about it being on time last week before blaming the builder and the rain for a 2 month delay and then backtracking on that.

CL0762
08-08-2017, 08:38 AM
In a slightly abrupt show due to some technical difficulties at Radio Saltire, Sam is joined by Craig Leitch, Scott McIntosh and Sean Meechan to discuss*the weekend's action and Hearts' search for a new manager.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2&i=1000390774440

Last nights episode is up now.

Cheers.

CL0762
16-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Sam is joined by Craig Leitch and Scott McIntosh to discuss away wins for both Capital clubs, the fallout from events at Ibrox and to preview this weekend's games.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fmondayni ghtfitba.podbean.com%2Fe%2Fmnf-rangers-2-3-hibs-killie-0-1-hearts%2F

CL0762
24-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Scott is joined by Craig Leitch and Sean Meechan to discuss*the action from the weekend and preview the first Edinburgh derby of the season at Easter Road on Tuesday night.
There will also be a special midweek episode of the podcast providing reaction to the derby which will be available on Wednesday evening.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2&i=1000393913162

CL0762
12-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Join the Monday Night Fitba team tomorrow night on Radio Saltire at 6.30pm were Scott, Craig & Mark will take advantage of the international break to answer any hearts or hibs past or present related questions our listeners have. Send any questions you have for our team on here or our Twitter page @mnfitba

12-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Join the Monday Night Fitba team tomorrow night on Radio Saltire at 6.30pm were Scott, Craig & Mark will take advantage of the international break to answer any hearts or hibs past or present related questions our listeners have. Send any questions you have for our team on here or our Twitter page @mnfitba

What places will Hibs and Hearts finish in the league and how many points will Hibs finish ahead of Hearts?

My answers: Hibs 3rd, Hearts 9th & 23 points ahead.

Bay Area Hibees
12-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Guys I applaud what your doing. But what was with the show after the last derby ? You had 2 hearts guys viewing the game from hearts perspective. To be fair it was done well. The new lad was excellent.
But no hibs fan or pure hibs point of view was a major miss for me.
Assume one of the other lads was not available ?

SuperAllyMcleod
12-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Guys I applaud what your doing. But what was with the show after the last derby ? You had 2 hearts guys viewing the game from hearts perspective. To be fair it was done well. The new lad was excellent.
But no hibs fan or pure hibs point of view was a major miss for me.
Assume one of the other lads was not available ?

I have to agree - even when they attempted to take a look at an aspect of the game from a Hibs perspective they invariably turned it back into a Hearts issue.

I fully understand why that would happen with two Jambos on the panel but it was a little frustrating given the result.

Also, you seem to have been missing for a few weeks -why does that always seem to happen when Hibs are on a good run or Hearts are on a poor one? [emoji4]

I do enjoy the shows but I am a little frustrated by the unexplained gaps between shows.

Frazerbob
12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Is the issue not simply that they have more Jambo contributors and the couple of Hibs guys aren’t always available?

CL0762
13-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Previously it was only me able to make the show however as always due to other commitments I have to miss out. Mark has joined the show and between us we can rotate who goes on and who doesn’t, unfortunately after the Hearts game neither myself or Mark were able to make it due to us only being given a slot on the station at short notice and were unable to move things around to allow us time to make it.

Appreciate it can be frustrating however the number of Hearts fans involved with the show is around 5 and they’re able to rotate much easier than what we are.

If anyone would like to get involved then please just let me know.

Thanks.

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Previously it was only me able to make the show however as always due to other commitments I have to miss out. Mark has joined the show and between us we can rotate who goes on and who doesn’t, unfortunately after the Hearts game neither myself or Mark were able to make it due to us only being given a slot on the station at short notice and were unable to move things around to allow us time to make it.

Appreciate it can be frustrating however the number of Hearts fans involved with the show is around 5 and they’re able to rotate much easier than what we are.

If anyone would like to get involved then please just let me know.

Thanks.

Wasn't it Anthony Brown from the Evening News that done the post Derby show with Scott?

Sioux
13-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Some muppet coming out with McGinn not good enough o start for Scotland coz he's still playing with Hibs!!

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Some muppet coming out with McGinn not good enough o start for Scotland coz he's still playing with Hibs!!

That’s not what he said....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sioux
13-11-2017, 07:07 PM
That's what he said when I was listening.

18-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Bet there are no "technical" issues with uploading tonight's podcast.

SuperAllyMcleod
18-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Bet there are no "technical" issues with uploading tonight's podcast.

It’s funny how the podcasts rarely come out when Hearts are on a bad run.

I’ve been missing it for the past few weeks but I think I’ll give this one a miss - if they do manage to get it out as a podcast.

CL0762
18-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Hi folks.

Sorry for the issues of late, last week I recorded our Christmas special (which shall remain nameless for now) and tonight I hosted the show with Sam and Mark as pundits, we had Nick Colgan on live via the phone.

To stop the show from falling away like it has in the past, we’re all taking on and trying different roles. Me more than most with interviewing/hosting.

As Sam does the editing, the weeks he isn’t on as a host/pundit he can only access the studio on his own time to retrieve the file edit and upload which is why I’m also taking on the task of learning how to edit.

I know it’s frustrating that it only seems to be when we’re doing not so well and Hearts do well uploads happen, but I can assure you that is 100% not intentional.

Thanks for your continued support and we will take this feedback on board.

Craig

CL0762
20-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Craig*is joined by Sam Meechan and Mark Smith to discuss an extremely eventful week as Hearts ended Celtic's unbeaten domestic run in emphatic fashion while Hibs suffered a setback at Pittodrie. The panel are then joined by former Hibs and Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Nick Colgan to discuss his time at Easter Road.
Tweet the show @MNFitba

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/monday-night-fitba/id930261805?mt=2#episodeGuid=mondaynightfitba.podb ean.com%2Fnick-colgan-hearts-4-0-celtic-aberdeen-4-1-hibs-24b00f90dd1700f333f1ee8f1a4eedd1

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Listening to this today - Sam’s still up on cloud 9 isn’t he. Almost back to world beater status again like before the last derby when they picked about 7 hearts player for the combined side!

green day
22-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Hi folks.

Sorry for the issues of late, last week I recorded our Christmas special (which shall remain nameless for now) and tonight I hosted the show with Sam and Mark as pundits, we had Nick Colgan on live via the phone.

To stop the show from falling away like it has in the past, we’re all taking on and trying different roles. Me more than most with interviewing/hosting.

As Sam does the editing, the weeks he isn’t on as a host/pundit he can only access the studio on his own time to retrieve the file edit and upload which is why I’m also taking on the task of learning how to edit.

I know it’s frustrating that it only seems to be when we’re doing not so well and Hearts do well uploads happen, but I can assure you that is 100% not intentional.

Thanks for your continued support and we will take this feedback on board.

Craig

I notice the MNF Twitter post about Harry Cockring earlier.

Presumably there won't be any "issues" editing and posting an edition this week?

Conspiracy theorist? Me?