PDA

View Full Version : New Aberdeen top

hibs#1
24-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Anyone seen the away top. Can't post a link on my phone,let's just say they aren't best pleased.

H18 SFR
24-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Full blue kit?

Elephant Stone
24-06-2017, 05:50 PM
http://dbdamj5cv4nub.cloudfront.net/images/news/17-18_away_kit_webheader_rdax_778x440_80.jpg

I think it's tidy, so is their home kit. Adidas make the best football strips.

Billy Whizz
24-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Anyone seen the away top. Can't post a link on my phone,let's just say they aren't best pleased.

It's more Man City blue than Hun blue

IGRIGI
24-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Tribute to all the 1690 no surrender follow follow loyal types up there who were out in force to vote for the true blue Tories.

bigwheel
24-06-2017, 05:59 PM
It's more Man City blue than Hun blue

imagine we would be delighted if our away strip was "light" maroon....think it will go down like a lead balloon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CB_NO3
24-06-2017, 06:20 PM
It will keep the gaffer happy.

The Harp Awakes
24-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Tribute to all the 1690 no surrender follow follow loyal types up there who were out in force to vote for the true blue Tories.

:agree:

When I grew up watching Hibs we knew Aberdeen as the Huns of the North. It was the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson clash which kicked off the hatred between both sets of fans and the Northern Huns tag for Aberdeen wore off through time.

theonlywayisup
24-06-2017, 06:44 PM

When I grew up watching Hibs we knew Aberdeen as the Huns of the North. It was the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson clash which kicked off the hatred between both sets of fans and the Northern Huns tag for Aberdeen wore off through time.

Having grown up in the North of Scotland, I think your talking rubbish though when you read what I right below I can see why a southerner would think this way.

In the 60s and early 70s, the majority of the people in the North of Scotland were protestant of varying types. In my class at school, we had 27 protestants and one token catholic - one of a family of 10 children!!!

You either supported the local team (many did) or you supported Rangers. There was very few Celtic fans around.

Then the oil boom happened and we were to find that the local schools became taken over by these odd people, the hard men that wished to pick a fight with anyone type and spoke in an alien language. Yes, the weegies had arrived. That was when I first heard the term "fenian".

I do think the majority did have a preference on whether they were "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan. However, the majority supported their local team first and foremost. It's probably the realisation of what being "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan really meant that the hatred for both started. It had started long before that tackle, trust me!

theonlywayisup
24-06-2017, 06:48 PM
imagine we would be delighted if our away strip was "light" maroon....think it will go down like a lead balloon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me think, Aberdeen are sponsored by a company called Saltire. The saltire is Scotland's national flag and the colour used is..................blue.

What's wrong with having blue as your second strip? It's not like those horrible people from the west own it.

Pretty Boy
24-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Aberdeen have had blue away tops before. I can remember them wearing navy at least twice in relatively recent times.

Navy is about as close to Rangers blue as that top pictured (albeit at a different end of the blue scale) so I'm struggling to see the issue.

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2017, 06:53 PM

bigwheel
24-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Let me think, Aberdeen are sponsored by a company called Saltire. The saltire is Scotland's national flag and the colour used is..................blue.

What's wrong with having blue as your second strip? It's not like those horrible people from the west own it.

Football strips are about tradition - they should have nothing to do with the sponsors

I still view that it looks very Serco
Like..most Aberdeen fans will not like it

BS44
24-06-2017, 08:32 PM

I'm a similar vintage to you and in all those years I have never heard a Hibs supporter or a fan of any other Scottish team calling Aberdeen the Huns of the North

Albanian Hibs
24-06-2017, 08:33 PM
http://dbdamj5cv4nub.cloudfront.net/images/news/17-18_away_kit_webheader_rdax_778x440_80.jpg

Yeah I think it's smart. Wish we had Adidas.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2017, 08:37 PM

Looks very St Johnstoneish to me

Callum_62
24-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Lets face it, if we had any variation of maroon, we would be going mental

Understand why dons fans are hating it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
24-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Napoli blue ...

SirDavidsNapper
24-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Why are Aberdeen bothered? Do Cove play in blue or something?

Nakedmanoncrack
24-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Looks OK, worst thing about it is the ridiculous 2 stars that they insist on putting on their shirts.

oneone73
24-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Looks OK, worst thing about it is the ridiculous 2 stars that they insist on putting on their shirts.

Two European trophies. I'd have them on our strip if we'd done that.

Pete70
24-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Have they won 2 European trophies?
I notice The Rangers had 5 stars on their strip last season. One for each year of their existence?

Green forever
24-06-2017, 09:18 PM
I notice The Rangers had 5 stars on their strip last season. One for each year of their existence?

The cup winners cup and the super cup .

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2017, 09:18 PM

Sorry mate .... no matter what you think of Aberdeen they have won two European trophies and IMO that makes them entitled .... same as the team that went out of existence were entitled to one star for winning the Cup Winners Cup and Celtic are entitled to one for the European cup.

As for Aberdeen's away top ..... I think it looks quite smart, but its blue and anything blue, especially light blue, is gonna go down like a lead balloon, coz they for sure hate the Huns :greengrin

oneone73
24-06-2017, 09:19 PM

Yes. Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup the following season (beat Hamburg iirc). Sevco's stars are, I think, to mark the number of trebles the deceased club managed.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Sorry mate .... no matter what you think of Aberdeen they have won two European trophies and IMO that makes them entitled .... same as the team that went out of existence were entitled to one star for winning the Cup Winners Cup and Celtic are entitled to one for the European cup.

As for Aberdeen's away top ..... I think it looks quite smart, but its blue and anything blue, especially light blue, is gonna go down like a lead balloon, coz they for sure hate the Huns :greengrin

In Scotland there is no such thing as entitlement to stars - you can put as many on for whatever reason that you like, hence Rangers with their 5, Aberdeen with 2, in Germany, Italy etc they are only awarded for specific achievements, without belittling Aberdeen's super cup win, can you imagine how many stars other clubs would have all over their shirts if they did the same?

ruthven_raiders
24-06-2017, 09:34 PM

To think we nearly won two European trophies😳

1van Sprou7e
24-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Lets face it, if we had any variation of maroon, we would be going mental

Understand why dons fans are hating it

Completely different situations though. How many football teams wear maroon? Blue is an extremely common colour, hell even our national team wear blue. Not to mention the fact that Rangers aren't even their local rivals.

At the risk of sounding like a hun, the fact that their fans are so upset by this just reeks of obsession imo

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2017, 09:42 PM
In Scotland there is no such thing as entitlement to stars - you can put as many on for whatever reason that you like, hence Rangers with their 5, Aberdeen with 2, in Germany, Italy etc they are only awarded for specific achievements, without belittling Aberdeen's super cup win, can you imagine how many stars other clubs would have all over their shirts if they did the same?

I know that mate ... Even UEFA don't officially sanction it, but IMO its generally accepted that stars indicate a European trophy, though clubs all over Europe use them for other purposes .... In Scotland nobody apart from the old Huns used them to indicate domestic success, which was daft coz as you say we could all be using bloody stars. In that context though I still say Aberdeen are entitled to have them more than the old Huns were for example.

Callum_62
24-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Completely different situations though. How many football teams wear maroon? Blue is an extremely common colour, hell even our national team wear blue. Not to mention the fact that Rangers aren't even their local rivals.

At the risk of sounding like a hun, the fact that their fans are so upset by this just reeks of obsession imo

Local, no but rivals all the same

Waxy
24-06-2017, 10:08 PM
It's conservative.

IncredibleHibee
24-06-2017, 10:46 PM
What I cant fathom is how many out of touch, incompetent, for lack of a better word dunder-heeds would have overseen this design and given it the approval at Aberdeen! smh

SirDavidsNapper
24-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Yes. Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup the following season (beat Hamburg iirc). Sevco's stars are, I think, to mark the number of trebles the deceased club managed.

The old Rangers won 7 trebles but only have 5 stars. Must be for riots they have caused.

calumhibee1
24-06-2017, 10:55 PM

It's a star for every ten league titles. Seeing as they've yet to win the top league in Scotland I don't know why they insist on doing it.

Captain Trips
24-06-2017, 11:12 PM
The old Rangers won 7 trebles but only have 5 stars. Must be for riots they have caused.

No, its for each year they have existed.

The Harp Awakes
24-06-2017, 11:14 PM
I'm a similar vintage to you and in all those years I have never heard a Hibs supporter or a fan of any other Scottish team calling Aberdeen the Huns of the North

Interesting. During the 70s and 80s I never missed a Hibs game home and away and it was certainly a well used descriptor (based on my experience) of Aberdeen (by Hibs fans). To be honest I never quite got it, as unlike the fans of many Scottish clubs at that time, Aberdeen fans never used to fly the UJ or sang the Billy Boys ditties.

weecounty hibby
24-06-2017, 11:22 PM
It's a star for every ten league titles. Seeing as they've yet to win the top league in Scotland I don't know why they insist on doing it.

Nope, it's a description of what they are but has to be ***** out so as not to offend youngsters. For those of you who aren't sure the word is see you next Tuesdays

Lancs Harp
24-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Having grown up in the North of Scotland, I think your talking rubbish though when you read what I right below I can see why a southerner would think this way.

In the 60s and early 70s, the majority of the people in the North of Scotland were protestant of varying types. In my class at school, we had 27 protestants and one token catholic - one of a family of 10 children!!!

You either supported the local team (many did) or you supported Rangers. There was very few Celtic fans around.

Then the oil boom happened and we were to find that the local schools became taken over by these odd people, the hard men that wished to pick a fight with anyone type and spoke in an alien language. Yes, the weegies had arrived. That was when I first heard the term "fenian".

I do think the majority did have a preference on whether they were "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan. However, the majority supported their local team first and foremost. It's probably the realisation of what being "a Celtic" or "a Rangers" fan really meant that the hatred for both started. It had started long before that tackle, trust me!

Ok I grew up in England but I also went to school in the 70s and had no idea who was a prostestant and who was a catholic in my class.

pacorosssco
25-06-2017, 04:30 AM
Ok I grew up in England but I also went to school in the 70s and had no idea who was a prostestant and who was a catholic in my class.

You could seperate by left footer or right :(

Betty Boop
25-06-2017, 07:19 AM
​Great top very smart.

25-06-2017, 10:05 AM
The most embarrassing thing about those stars on the Aberdeen top is they didn’t introduce them until about 2006.

lucky
25-06-2017, 10:05 AM
It's a smart top but the colours are nothing to do with Aberdeen. But most clubs now try something different for their second or third strip.

HFCdeb
25-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Looks like a St Johnstone kit. I do like Adidas, though.

BullsCloseHibs
25-06-2017, 10:40 AM
The most embarrassing thing about those stars on the Aberdeen top is they didn’t introduce them until about 2006.

Noticed quite a few teams introduced stars for various ridiculous reasons.

Wilson
25-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Football strips are about tradition - they should have nothing to do with the sponsors

I still view that it looks very Serco
Like..most Aberdeen fans will not like it

Aye, tradition. Like our traditional black. Or white. Or yellow. Or purple. Or our traditional whatever colour will sell this year.

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Noticed quite a few teams introduced stars for various ridiculous reasons.

I always thought UEFA should commemorate the advent of European football by allowing the participants in the very first ever European competition to have the exclusive right to wear something on their strips ...... Perhaps a badge saying 'European Original' or something.

I'm not seriously bothered about stuff like that in reality ......... but it wouldn't half piss off the Yams :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Not really fussed about change strips to be honest. Most fans would happily settle anything that looks good or indeed would sell and bring in revenue on the provision that the first team strip never gets tinkered with too much.

Stokesy's on fire
25-06-2017, 11:29 AM
This kit will please the Aberhun types hahaha

Stokesy's on fire
25-06-2017, 11:30 AM

The two stars is a symbol of them being a crappy two star club.

Stokesy's on fire
25-06-2017, 11:34 AM

Exactly

theonlywayisup
25-06-2017, 03:20 PM

It was a bit of a clue when the catholic kids went to their own Religious Studies class.

erin go bragh
25-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Aberdeen played in a dark blue top in the 70s . I personally can't remember but one of my sheep mates showed me some pics .

Pretty Boy
25-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Aberdeen played in a dark blue top in the 70s . I personally can't remember but one of my sheep mates showed me some pics .

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/210/605x575/210003-jim-forrest-in-a-blue-strip.jpg

Far closer to Rangers blue than the current item. A fuss over nowt really.

TelaStella
25-06-2017, 07:42 PM
I admire them trying something different but I think this is a big mistake by club and they'll likely suffer for it- no sales. Strange decision in the first place anyway, the sheep Hun rivalry is hardly unknown.

Squealing pig
25-06-2017, 08:43 PM
😎

AZhibee
25-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Looks very St Johnstoneish to me

It sure does, I kind of like it.

Brightside
25-06-2017, 09:59 PM

basic stock kit that... poor show. Freebie from Macdonalds for all youth clubs.

Lancs Harp
25-06-2017, 10:03 PM
It was a bit of a clue when the catholic kids went to their own Religious Studies class.

Never happened in my time at school in England mate.

Diclonius
25-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Aye, tradition. Like our traditional black. Or white. Or yellow. Or purple. Or our traditional whatever colour will sell this year.

To be fair, those are the only colours we ever do. Genuinely can't think of a Hibs away kit that didn't use a combination of green, white, black, yellow or purple.

Lancs Harp
25-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Does an away strip (alternative colour if you like) have to be "traditional"?

LancsHibs
25-06-2017, 10:23 PM
It's a crappy template catalogue kit. You could put an adidas logo on a turd and some folk would like it

SirDavidsNapper
25-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Couldn't care less about Aberdeen or their kit

LancsHibs
25-06-2017, 10:29 PM
You could put an adidas logo on a turd and some folk would like it

Here's one