PDA

View Full Version : Best XI

Posh Hibby
24-06-2017, 03:29 PM
For a bit of fun what's our best starting XI using only players that we have officially signed (Marciano has not been announced by the club just yet).

I'd go for a 3-4-1-2 seeing as we have more defenders right now than attacking players.

------------ Laidlaw

---- Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Gray - McGeouch - McGinn -Stevenson

------------ Swanson

------- Boyle -- Murray

Bench: Fontaine, Forster, Crane, Bartley, Martin, Graham

If nothing else, highlights what we already know - that we still need to sign some strikers and attacking midfielders.

Unseen work
24-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Highlights the fact that whilst we still have a good squad we will need to add a lot to get anywhere near finishing second like some think we will.

im sure we will make some big signings And have a very competitive squad by the end of the window.

Posh Hibby
24-06-2017, 03:59 PM
I think if we sign Marciano, Whittaker, an attacking midfielder/winger and 2 strikers that will be us about ready.

The success of our season relies much upon bringing in quality attacking players. We need to replace Cummings goals. I'm confident that the club will be able to do that.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Still a work in progress particularly at the top end of the pitch. Need another 3 or 4 attacking players, with at least 2 of them being strikers. Also in need of another goalkeeper although hopefully that will be resolved with Marciano's signing being confirmed soon.

MacGruber
24-06-2017, 04:19 PM
There's something like 10+ bodies (some first team some squad filler) out the door and 3 in so far - would take 7 or 8 signings to put the squad size back to what it was last year.

Our best team officially signed right now would be bottom six. Simply not enough goals in there just now.

All of course irrelevant as there will be players coming in.

Borderhibbie76
24-06-2017, 09:39 PM
This highlights how much work still needs to be done in the signing dept - over to you LD and NL...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
24-06-2017, 10:00 PM
I think anyone thinking we're getting more than 3 starting XI outfield players from here on in, I'll have what they're smoking.

Smartie
24-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I think anyone thinking we're getting more than 3 starting XI outfield players from here on in, I'll have what they're smoking.

Why?

We've lost Cummings, Holt and Fyvie, all of whom started most games during their time at the club. Just to stand still we need to replace what we've lost.

We've got a few quid for Cummings. We've freed up a few wages from who would surely have been our higher earners. We've sold record numbers of season tickets, stand to have better other revenues next season as a result of being a Premier League team again.

We're not short of cash.

Looking at the teams above, we need to improve at the very least 3 outfield positions.

IberianHibernian
24-06-2017, 10:15 PM
You`re probably right if there are no departures of leading players or bad injuries before end of window but surely noone thinks that we`ll get to September with Boyle , Graham and Murray as our attack ( should be ok for League Cup qualifiers though Ross County away will be hard ) if we`re seriously hoping to challenge to finish in a strong top 6 finish ( 2nd to 4th ) ?

heretoday
24-06-2017, 11:40 PM
That team doesn't look like a winner to me. More needed up front.

CMurdoch
25-06-2017, 01:11 AM
We are fairly sure the Marciano deal is done.
In the next 10 days we will probably see where Whittaker is going.
From the noises we have heard he is a good bet to come to us but that could easily be scuppered at the last minute if someone offers him a much better deal.

BUT
we all know that the biggy for Hibs is 2 quality strikers, a target man and a poacher.
I don't think any of us have a clue about who our club are looking at.

Those suggested by us lot are all under contract and on a serious wedge (Stokes and Stewart), probably looking to go to England (Moult), have had a career threatening injury (May) or is a bit of a bam (Ciftci) the last 2 of which we might not want to take the risk on. From this list only Ciftci looks a runner at the moment with the others availability still to be decided by their present clubs.

Based on nothing, I think we will end up with an experienced quality target man on a 2 year contract who is in the later stages of his career and possibly a young goalscorer on a season long loan from a quality English team.

MacGruber
25-06-2017, 01:30 AM

Surely!

We've lost

Cummings
Holt
Keatings
Fyvie
Shinnie
Humphrey
Harris
McLean
Insall
Gallagher
Marciano (hopefully back)

That includes Squad fillers granted but our top 3 strikers and all our wide players bar Boyle.

Swanson
Murray
Ambross
Young Polish keeper.

Has to be 6 - 8 coming in still. Would feel short changed ithwise

pacorosssco
25-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Wonder how many players we will bring in. 3+ ?

erin go bragh
25-06-2017, 05:49 PM
If we're going with three at the back we need proper attack minded wing backs.
We need a minimum of five new starters imo .