PDA

View Full Version : Craig Sibbald and Peter Grant

liscious_hibs
23-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Falkirk fans absolutely terrified their coming to us.

Haven't seen much of Peter Grant but I'd take Sibbald in a heartbeat, proven goalscorer and practically carried that Falkirk team at times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
23-06-2017, 08:41 PM
The last thing we will be doing squad wise is signing another centre half.

liscious_hibs
23-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Didn't we say we had enough last season 🤔

Earlydelivery
23-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Hibs fan on FB from Falkirk said sibbald on his way , don't know about grant ?

Diclonius
23-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Grant can play left back too. Cover for Stevenson?

bingo70
23-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Grant was outstanding against us in the last game at Easter Road. Very good player however we're already overloaded on that position so can't see it being true.

SirDavidsNapper
23-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Would prefer Grant to Sibbald

matty_f
Falkirk fan at work said rumours are rife that Sibbald was coming here. Decent player, very consistent, maybe lacks a bit of pace but I wouldn't be sad to see him at Hibs.

Keyser Sauzee
Would prefer Grant to Sibbald

My thoughts aswell

Hiber-nation
23-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Grant can play left back too. Cover for Stevenson?

Don't think so. He's a centre half and nothing else and would be 4th choice assuming everyone was staying.

GreenCastle
23-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Grant is quality and also thought he was a CB.

Had a bad knee injury but came back from it.

J-C
23-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Falkirk fan at work said rumours are rife that Sibbald was coming here. Decent player, very consistent, maybe lacks a bit of pace but I wouldn't be sad to see him at Hibs.

Fyvie's replacement maybe?

JimBHibees
24-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Fyvie's replacement maybe?

Hopefully not for SJM

MikeyS
24-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Is he Peter the pointer's son??

SON OF PADDY
24-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Is he Peter the pointer's son??

He sure is..

MikeyS
24-06-2017, 07:15 AM
He sure is..

Cheers! I remember him having a cracking game against us but never realised or had seen it mentioned who his dad was.

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Every time i have watched us against Falkirk, Grant for me has always looked a very decent player. He'd certainly strengthen the squad as i feel he's better than Forster and maybe even Fontaine.

The question is do we need another centre half, going by recent seasons i think we just might?

Sibbald has never really stood out, although why i say that when he's scored against us quite a lot i dont know?

Both would appear to be better than those fringe players we've released or are still to release, but would they get in the 1st eleven?

J-C
24-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Every time i have watched us against Falkirk, Grant for me has always looked a very decent player. He'd certainly strengthen the squad as i feel he's better than Forster and maybe even Fontaine.

The question is do we need another centre half, going by recent seasons i think we just might?

Sibbald has never really stood out, although why i say that when he's scored against us quite a lot i dont know?

Both would appear to be better than those fringe players we've released or are still to release, but would they get in the 1st eleven?

It's not always about would they get in the 1st team, it's would they make the squad stronger

CorrieHibs
24-06-2017, 07:46 AM
I think Sibbald would be an excellent signing. I think he's got real potential

Callum_62
24-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Sibbald id happily add to the squad - decent player with potential

Grant - happily swap out for forster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2017, 08:05 AM
It's not always about would they get in the 1st team, it's would they make the squad stronger

:agree: which has to be the aim, along with making the 1st eleven stronger too.

3pm
24-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Not sure Grant is any better than Jordon.

Heisenberg
24-06-2017, 08:27 AM

I'd have to disagree. Think Grant has a lot more about him than Forster. Doubt we'll sign him though, Falkirk would ask for a decent fee.

Greenworld
24-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Both players are good solid players.
Grant has always impressed me I don't understand why no one else has moved for him.
Sibbald again is very good goal scoring midfielder .
My only concern being I thought we were looking to bring in some proven higher profile players

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

ian cruise
24-06-2017, 09:21 AM
This thread has thoroughly depressed me. Not because of either player's ability or because they're linked with Hibs but because I hadn't realised Grant was the son of Peter Grant, and he's now 23. He used to come in to my work when he was a toddler, which means I'm officially old.

eastcoasthibby
24-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Could Forster maybe go in the other direction for Grant ? If guaranteed a game there ?

Vault Boy
24-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Both good players who would improve our team. Plenty of potential too. Would be very happy to see either of them join.

Waxy
24-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Both players are good solid players.
Grant has always impressed me I don't understand why no one else has moved for him.
Sibbald again is very good goal scoring midfielder .
My only concern being I thought we were looking to bring in some proven higher profile players

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkMost high profile players where unknown before they became high profile.

Greenworld
24-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Most high profile players where unknown before they became high profile.
Pmsl I would like known high profile players just a couple
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
24-06-2017, 12:26 PM
This thread has thoroughly depressed me. Not because of either player's ability or because they're linked with Hibs but because I hadn't realised Grant was the son of Peter Grant, and he's now 23. He used to come in to my work when he was a toddler, which means I'm officially old.

remember his song . Peter Grant w*nk w*nk w*nk :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
24-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I would take both.

Big_Franck
24-06-2017, 02:20 PM
If we had needed another centre half id have been happy with Grant, he's always looked good against us. Sibbald on the other hand is bang average and criminally slow.

hibs#1
24-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Kenny Millar on Twitter pretty much ruled us out says we couldn't afford the compo.

liscious_hibs
24-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Kenny Millar on Twitter pretty much ruled us out says we couldn't afford the compo.
Didn't we just sell Cummings for a seven figure settlement though?

Petrie get yer haun right in yer pocket now son!

Unseen work
24-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Didn't we just sell Cummings for a seven figure settlement though?

Petrie get yer haun right in yer pocket now son!

I wouldn't want us over spending on Sibbald which imo is what we would be if the reported figure is right.

if we can strike a good deal with Falkirk then fine, but more me the Cummings money should be invested on 2-3 players who will instantly improve the team and be starters.

Andy74
24-06-2017, 05:04 PM

Kenny Millar doesn't control Hibs finances, however. That's just his opinion.

CapitalGreen
24-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Kenny Millar doesn't control Hibs finances, however. That's just his opinion.

This. On the face of it we probably couldn't have afforded John McGinn's compo either but you can often come to arrentments if you are creative as we were in that situation. e.g. Bit of cash + Stanton and/or a sell on %

Heisenberg
24-06-2017, 05:12 PM

He actually said we couldn't afford to pay that kind of compo if he was only being brought in as a back up. Which is true. If we are forking out hundreds of thousands the player has to be a starter.

bingo70
24-06-2017, 05:12 PM
This. On the face of it we probably couldn't have afforded John McGinn's compo either but you can often come to arrentments if you are creative as we were in that situation. e.g. Bit of cash + Stanton and/or a sell on %

And as someone else just pointed out we've recently come into a bit money that should allow us to be able to pay some compensation.

I think you only need to look at our fixtures in December to realise you need a big squad. Even if you can't see them as an automatic first team pick they could still be a valuable addition to the squad.

Libby Hibby
24-06-2017, 05:22 PM

I tend to agree with you 3pm.