PDA

View Full Version : Hibs XI v Vale of Leithen

hibsforeurope
23-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Just spoken to chairman of the Vale and they are playing Hibs at Victoria park on the 12th July. Usually a nice wee trip down to the borders.

beensaidbefore
23-06-2017, 05:44 PM
My bro plays for them. I see if he knows anything.

Jumbo
23-06-2017, 09:45 PM
1930 kick off

£6 for adults, £4 concessions and under 16s free :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
24-06-2017, 04:21 PM
I was at our last game there, it was Stubbs's first game in charge and a very good day it turned out to be.

A return visit is definitely on the cards.

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-06-2017, 10:37 AM
I was at our last game there, it was Stubbs's first game in charge and a very good day it turned out to be.

A return visit is definitely on the cards.

:thumbsup:

It was indeed, a few decent wee drinking establishments in Innerleithen.

Carheenlea
11-07-2017, 07:08 AM
This was posted on their Facebook page - Can't see any comment from our side yet - website still has fixture in place.

"Hibs game cancelled due to Hibs having injury problems and some young players being called up to first team squad. Hopefully to be rearranged in the future."

Golden Bear
11-07-2017, 07:20 AM
This was posted on their Facebook page - Can't see any comment from our side yet - website still has fixture in place.

"Hibs game cancelled due to Hibs having injury problems and some young players being called up to first team squad. Hopefully to be rearranged in the future."

It's a sad state of affairs if we can't drum up a squad of players to face the challenge of Vale of Leithen!

ian cruise
11-07-2017, 07:39 AM
It's a sad state of affairs if we can't drum up a squad of players to face the challenge of Vale of Leithen!

If we've got injuries there no point in playing a game for the sake of it.

Oscar T Grouch
11-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Weird cause the fishy site posted last night at 6 that the game was going ahead?!?

Golden Bear
11-07-2017, 07:48 AM
If we've got injuries there no point in playing a game for the sake of it.

I accept that but at the same time you would think that we'd have sufficient resources to pull some kind of squad together for a planned fixture against a Lowland League side.

green day
11-07-2017, 08:13 AM
From the fishy site this morning

"It is with regret that Wednesday night's friendly match with Vale of Leithen has been postponed at the club's request.

A Hibernian XI was scheduled to play the popular pre-season fixture, however a combination of injuries from the weekend's Robbie Swan Cup and the promotion of several academy players to Tuesday night's first team squad for the friendly with Berwick Rangers has left the club unable to field a team for the game.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to announce a new date for the fixture as soon as possible. "

Carheenlea
11-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Tough luck for Vale. Not sure what the protocol is with such things, but it would be nice to think Hibs might help them out recovering some losses incurred?

https://www.facebook.com/peeblesshirenews/posts/10154478267340194

Pretty Boy
11-07-2017, 08:33 AM
From what I gather Hibs were a wee bit caught out by the tournament at the weekend and seemed unaware it was 2 games in 2 days. There was a request made for the 2nd game to be played as 2 30 minutes rather than the usual 45.

Maybe unexpected fatigue has played a part in this decision.

lucky
11-07-2017, 09:07 AM
These games are all about fitness so its the correct decision

Hermit Crab
11-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Gams off.

oneone73
11-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Gams off.

Is that an obscenity?

Hermit Crab
11-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Is that an obscenity?

Haha, no its postponed as Hibs are unable to field a team.

Golden Bear
11-07-2017, 10:50 AM
These games are all about fitness so its the correct decision

No it not, its all about proper planning of the fixtures, something which has been lacking in this case.

Since90+2
11-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Makes the club look a little unprofessional to be honest if its the case they never knew the tournament at Spartans was 2 full games in 2 days and have now had to cancel at the last minute on Vale of Leithen due to this.

green day
11-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Let's use this as another .net reason to bash hibs.

It's an under 20 bounce match FFS

Brightside
11-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Send a Hibs.net team down to play them. Not that we could muster up 16 players either mind you

cloudy
11-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Send a Hibs.net team down to play them. Not that we could muster up 16 players either mind you

Game rescheduled for 9th August

hibsforeurope
12-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Game rescheduled for 9th August

This is still TBC according to what I've headed here.

WeeRussell
12-07-2017, 11:34 AM
This is still TBC according to what I've headed here.

It seems there has been a bit of 'mouthing' from the Vale end after Hibs' decision to cry-off. I'm not surprised a re-arranged fixture isn't quite in place yet.

The aforementioned friendly against us at the beginning of Stubbs' reign really, really helped them out financially at the time.

Golden Bear
12-07-2017, 01:11 PM
It seems there has been a bit of 'mouthing' from the Vale end after Hibs' decision to cry-off. I'm not surprised a re-arranged fixture isn't quite in place yet.

The aforementioned friendly against us at the beginning of Stubbs' reign really, really helped them out financially at the time.

Its perfectly understandable that Vale of Leithen feel let down, especially at the timing of the very late call off. I believe that match programmes had already been printed, catering arranged and all the usual other pre match organisation was in place. All these tasks cost money, take time and would be no small undertaking for a Lowland league team.
Incidentally I understand that their players had already fulfilled a friendly fixture two days before they were due to play us, it can be done eh.