PDA

View Full Version : No Hertz games at Tynie in August!

FilipinoHibs
23-06-2017, 12:30 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-august-fixtures-will-not-be-played-at-tynecastle-1-4484446

Mikey
23-06-2017, 12:34 PM
The only way round it is to switch those games to away games.

If they play at somewhere like Murrayfield they'll need to play the whole first half of the season there to ensure that every away team plays at the same venue.

FilipinoHibs
23-06-2017, 12:39 PM

If they play at somewhere like Murrayfield they'll need to play the whole first half of the season there to ensure that every away team plays at the same venue.

Think that is on the cards!

Billy Whizz
23-06-2017, 12:44 PM

Depends how it leaves the clubs affected if they reverse them. Could leave the clubs a with potentislly 3 away on the trot. Think I read on kickback Hearts could have 8 out if 10 at home later on.
We played with 3 stands each time we rebuilt our stadium, they should have been told to do thesame

ALF TUPPER
23-06-2017, 12:49 PM
That'll affect their income 👍😀😀
Cake anyone?

FilipinoHibs
23-06-2017, 12:54 PM
That'll affect their income 👍😀😀
Cake anyone?

Away support and walk ups plus food and drink sales and shop sales.

More cash flow which will be tricky as they try and find pennies for the stand.

GreenLake
23-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Depends how it leaves the clubs affected if they reverse them. Could leave the clubs a with potentislly 3 away on the trot. Think I read on kickback Hearts could have 8 out if 10 at home later on.
We played with 3 stands each time we rebuilt our stadium, they should have been told to do thesame

I expect we didn't need to be told to act with respect and fairness.

Their first thought is about themselves, their second thought is how to take advantage from cheating and their third thought is that they are famous.

Marco G
23-06-2017, 01:29 PM

It will have to be switched matches ...... they asked about Murrayfield but cost was too high, though they were going to play their Europa League qualifiers there , oops wait a minute [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
23-06-2017, 01:33 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-august-fixtures-will-not-be-played-at-tynecastle-1-4484446

Fixed that for you

Thegreenside
23-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Surely if you are unable to host a match it is automatically changed to an away game. No way you should have 8/10 games at home

marinello59
23-06-2017, 02:29 PM
They should be made to play them at home with a reduced capacity. It's their mess.

Jones28
23-06-2017, 02:32 PM
We had to play our games at home when the East was demolished though? Is it because of facilities etc?

Green Man
23-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Was there not a suggestion that construction equipment would need to be on the pitch due to the way it's being built? That would make playing games a bit tricky.

tamig
23-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Was there not a suggestion that construction equipment would need to be on the pitch due to the way it's being built? That would make playing games a bit tricky.

Think they're desperately trying to avoid that although it's obviously having an impact on the demolition which won't complete until mid-July.

jacomo
23-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Fixed that for you

Tough start for Hearts.

Just the way Cathro likes it. He will relish setting down a marker for the season.

Ooh he's so strong he could lift Arthur's Seat if he wanted to.

Nameless
23-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I remember when they built the stands behind the goals, and on both occasions they played at home during the construction. As someone else has said, it's probably to do with the fact they have no changing rooms or technical areas, so the stadium isn't fit to hold a fixture.

Barney McGrew
23-06-2017, 03:56 PM
the stadium isn't fit to hold a fixture.

It hasn't been for years, but that's never been an issue for them

Pete
23-06-2017, 04:12 PM
If last season is anything to go by I'm sure they'd play all their games away from home if they could.

There's less booing.

hibby6270
23-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Jambo mate of mine (there are a few decent ones:wink:) assures me their first home game will against The Sheep on 9th Sept. So only 2 of their home games to be sorted out in August.

Skol
23-06-2017, 06:27 PM
is it possible that

Hearts get special permission to postpone 2 games in August
Celtic postpone their home game against hearts
Rangers postpone their home game against hearts
Hears start their season in September with fixture congestion already

degenerated
23-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Who is it that is building the stand?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
23-06-2017, 10:02 PM
They should be made to play them at home with a reduced capacity. It's their mess.

Celtic made arrangements to play at Hampden for a season during their stadium redevelopment and every other club just got on with it, even if it meant playing with a reduced capacity during the works. Hearts seem to be expecting everyone to bend over backwards to accommodate them, which is all very Hearts to be honest. It's always got to be about them and nobody else.

portycabbage
23-06-2017, 10:08 PM

If the games go badly, then it was probably the schematics of the park, in this case the cranes and girders on the pitch.

Cod Boy
23-06-2017, 10:23 PM
If they can play Newcastle at tynecastle in a friendly they should be told to play there first two home games there as well.

macca70
23-06-2017, 10:30 PM
I don't understand why the fixtures have come out with hearts having any home games scheduled in August As I thought they told the league they couldn't play at home in August.

Seems like the league saying we are not facilitating your request for all August away games, sort it out yourself.

It does seem like an advantage though to be having 8 of 10 games at home at the tail end off the season although just offsets against all the early away games.

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Who is it that is building the stand?

Budge's brothers company.

macca70
23-06-2017, 10:33 PM
If they can play Newcastle at tynecastle in a friendly they should be told to play there first two home games there as well.

Absolutely!!! Didn't realise this was at Tynie. That is taking the pee!!

FilipinoHibs
23-06-2017, 11:54 PM

World renowned builder who has put up many top class stands.

Brooster
24-06-2017, 04:45 AM
World renowned builder who has put up many top class stands.

And a Hibs supporter in to the bargain.

The Harp
24-06-2017, 06:04 AM
I've no interest whatsoever in their new stand (hope it's an eyesore) or where and when they play their games. Hopefully, they'll start the season with a run of defeats and be affected financially by having no income from home match days for as long as poss.

degenerated
24-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Giving the usual stadium builders a miss then 😁

3pm
24-06-2017, 06:50 AM

Correct.

It's going to be some effort to have it ready for September as well based on recent pictures.

Marco G
24-06-2017, 07:10 AM
I don't understand why the fixtures have come out with hearts having any home games scheduled in August As I thought they told the league they couldn't play at home in August.

Seems like the league saying we are not facilitating your request for all August away games, sort it out yourself.

It does seem like an advantage though to be having 8 of 10 games at home at the tail end off the season although just offsets against all the early away games.
Nope. Just that their fixture computer could not handle it! But now the two "home " fixtures will require agreement of opponents to switch them or Hertz will need to find somewhere to play them as home fixtures, and they have already said they cant afford Murrayfield.

Anyway having a string of home games later may not be a help if they have lost all their early away games!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Aldo
24-06-2017, 07:15 AM

Exactly!!

Ozyhibby
24-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Giving the usual stadium builders a miss then [emoji16]

I heard part of the reason they are behind schedule is that he had to take his men of the job to finish a woman's extension in Carrick Knowe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
24-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Thing with all this is that Budge and co expect the powers that be to do as she's says.

If the can play a friendly against Newcastle they can play league games.

I really am hoping the get pumped in their first few games whilst playing away!

Another reality check for the roasters

Moulin Yarns
24-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Giving the usual stadium builders a miss then 😁

I think they are barred :wink:

degenerated
24-06-2017, 10:45 AM
I heard part of the reason they are behind schedule is that he had to take his men of the job to finish a woman's extension in Carrick Knowe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teehee 😂