PDA

View Full Version : 2nd game - Rangers Away

California-Hibs
23-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Just wanted to talk about this one. Pretty sure I won't be the only one who's been thinking about this, but a short while after THAT glorious day I began thinking about what it will be like when we next faced Rangers.

Well, we now know when that'll be. The way the media painted us Hibs fans after May 2016 was nothing short of a disgrace and very much fueled Rangers hatred toward us. 'attacked the staff' 'attacked the players' 'goaded Rangers fans' the headlines some days were absolutely incredible! I know for a fact (because I know a few Rangers fans who are 'friends' that have been thinking this way) that they have had revenge set in their hearts right from 4.50pm on 21/5/16. On the pitch and sadly off it too.

The media have then turned their hurt up a good few notches by painting the majority of our fans as wild thugs.

This game won't be for the faint heart. As a father, there is no way in hell I'd even be contemplating taking my daughter to this game. I'd urge caution to anyone who is attending this particular one to be safe and smart. For those of us that have been through at Ibrox we know what those animals are like and how the police love to turn a blind eye to it.

It has the added ingredient of being their 1st home game and our 1st away game, which generally adds an edge to fans for these occasions anyway.

What's everyone's thoughts here? Surely I'm no alone in thinking this way?

........I can only imagine as well what they'll be like after we do our usual 0-3 over them! :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
23-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Plus Neil Lennon's our manager as well! 😂

Hibby70
23-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I'll try and get a ticket but under no circumstances will I be wearing colours (as fine as they are ;)

Flak jacket and face mask maybe

Sean1875
23-06-2017, 09:13 AM
There's no other way about it, its going to be absolute chaos. Bring it on :hyper

Since90+2
23-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Away tickets issued only as part of an official transfer is my guess. Already happens in England and they will be wanting an excuse to do so here.

Cabbage7062
23-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Any chance this might get moved to Sunday 12:30 kick off?

Baader
23-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Like the OP have thought for a while what our next meeting against The Rangers was gonna be like. Carnage no doubt. Hope we thump them the ****bags.

Dunbar Hibee
23-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Any chance this might get moved to Sunday 12:30 kick off?

I'd have thought so.

Leith Green
23-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Some folk need to get a grip .. yes the atmosphere will be hostile , but im sure if 8k Celtic fans can be policed for old firm games , then it wont be too difficult policing 900 Hibs fans..

California-Hibs
23-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Plus Neil Lennon's our manager as well! 😂

Yep, forgot to include that in my post. The Lennon factor, ripping the cup from them (I just love continuously saying it!! :greengrin ) Celtic player in Ambrose, Whittaker (hopefully) who walked out on them when they got demoted. Boy, it's no wonder they hate us! :cb

That being said, it leaves no excuses for the authorities not to have a proper presence in this game and make sure everything is under control. It's no doubt going to draw out a few of the nutters in our support...which sadly might not be a bad thing in this particular game? Not advocating violence there..

Hibs90
23-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Getting to the game and after would have me more concerned than the game itself.

But **** it bring them on :greengrin

Pretty Boy
The media will hype it up in the same way they do with OF games and then act outraged when there is bother. Neil Lennon being in the dug out just adds fuel to the fire.

My girlfriend is due a baby 9 days after the game so I think I'll be giving it a miss rather than risk getting on the wrong end of some brain dead bigots fist or huckled by an over zealous policeman on edge.

Oscar T Grouch
Some folk need to get a grip .. yes the atmosphere will be hostile , but im sure if 8k Celtic fans can be policed for old firm games , then it wont be too difficult policing 900 Hibs fans..

It's no the Hibs fans the polis will need to police. I think the danger will be the stuff that'll get lobbed intae the Hibs fans that'll be the problem, with the weegies finest ignoring it in the most part.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-06-2017, 09:20 AM
A section of our support will be buzzing for this no doubt.

A ground where we get spat on, piss thrown over us, coins thrown or anything they can get there hands on for that matter.

And now we've got the added element of NL as our gaffer and the aftermath of 21/05/2016.

A boycott would be fun but it'll never happen. I won't be there though. No thank you

Stokesy's on fire
23-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I can't wait for this one.

A nice wee chant to sing to the Orks fans

"When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there"

California-Hibs
23-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Have you been to Ibrox before? After we're locked in there are still thousands of them outside when we leave. It's not like the police line up side by side guiding people to their buses & cars, you're right in amongst them. I've saw full on knock-out punches thrown and the police quickly looking to the side and grinning. It's a horrible horrible place.

WellingtonHibby
23-06-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm back from Wellington NZ, and I'll be able to catch this game, what's the chances of getting a ticket..? Usually only a 1000 or so?

California-Hibs
23-06-2017, 09:25 AM

:agree: you just know that's going to be one of the prominent chants. Their reactions will be priceless

Baader
23-06-2017, 09:34 AM

And let's not forget it's a competition that club have yet to win...

23-06-2017, 09:39 AM
I can’t wait. Think I’ll avoid the subway for this one though.

overdrive
23-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Away tickets issued only as part of an official transfer is my guess. Already happens in England and they will be wanting an excuse to do so here.

Sorry, what does that mean?

Thecat23
23-06-2017, 09:45 AM
This will be a highly charged game and the atmosphere will be pure poison. If we were to win this I think they'd crack and actually try kill us.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2017, 09:50 AM
It doesn't even matter if we win this one although i want to.... what does matter is that we rub their noses in 21-5-16 for the entire match

Craig_HFC
23-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Can't wait for this. Imagine the ticket rush will be chaotic so really hope I get one.

Bring on the exuberance!!

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2017, 09:55 AM
A section of our support will be buzzing for this no doubt.

A ground where we get spat on, piss thrown over us, coins thrown or anything they can get there hands on for that matter.

And now we've got the added element of NL as our gaffer and the aftermath of 21/05/2016.

A boycott would be fun but it'll never happen. I won't be there though. No thank you

I'm buzzing for it. Can't wait

mim
23-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Haven't been anywhere near the place since the 70's and won't be starting now. :greengrin

The thought of giving them money gives me the dry boak.

California-Hibs
23-06-2017, 10:04 AM
I'll happily take a little more of this after Ambrose bullets in a header and commences the back-flips...

pacorosssco
23-06-2017, 10:06 AM
It doesn't even matter if we win this one although i want to.... what does matter is that we rub their noses in 21-5-16 for the entire match

Well said. If I can be there I will.

Jones28
23-06-2017, 10:10 AM
I'm well up for this. Been to ibrox twice, could make a very special hat trick!

pacoluna
23-06-2017, 10:13 AM
I'll try and get a ticket but under no circumstances will I be wearing colours (as fine as they are ;)

Flak jacket and face mask maybe

I'll be in green from head to toe :scarf:

Hibby70
23-06-2017, 10:18 AM
I'll be in green from head to toe :scarf:

With some added red, yellow and possible brown during and after the game.

pacoluna
23-06-2017, 10:20 AM
With some added red, yellow and possible brown during and after the game.
Won't be intimidated by that shower.

Bristolhibby
23-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Safety in numbers, there's always a lot more than 900 tic fans at OF games at Ibrox.

J

SirDavidsNapper
23-06-2017, 10:40 AM
If Rangers don't beat us the rage from the orks and the media will reach new heights. When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup they were there...

Leith Green
23-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Have you been to Ibrox before? After we're locked in there are still thousands of them outside when we leave. It's not like the police line up side by side guiding people to their buses & cars, you're right in amongst them. I've saw full on knock-out punches thrown and the police quickly looking to the side and grinning. It's a horrible horrible place.

Been to Ibrox plenty of times mate

hibsbollah
23-06-2017, 10:48 AM
I love the place. Everytime I go we win 0-3. But no danger am I taking the wee one.

frazeHFC
23-06-2017, 10:55 AM
This is going to be absolutely mental I can't wait
:flag:

Johnny Clash
23-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Hoping to go - atmosphere will be intense!

Not sure the progress of the formal complaints made as a result of previous games through there but our Board of Directors must not duck taking on their sevco counterparts and demand that Hibs fans be treated properly. That mob, stewards and police need taking to task.

I think Leeann was now dealing with the complaints herself so it would be good to now get it sorted. In fact, our Directors (not just our fans reps) should just go through formalities at Ibrox, say 'hail hail ' to the sevco board then leave to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Hibs support. You watch, the knuckle draggers would shift in extra polis and put the word out to their missile throwing cowards coz the headlines of Leeann covered in gob, pee and with a sharpened coin sticking out her forehead won't look good in the Sunday papers!

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Can't wait

GlasgowHibee
23-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Wonder what minute Sevco will get their penalty in, 3rd?

Sweet Left Peg
23-06-2017, 11:38 AM
"Stokesy's On Fire" for the entire game. With a few "Wee Arra Peepul" thrown in for good measure.

Mr White
23-06-2017, 11:40 AM
"Stokesy's On Fire" for the entire game. With a few "Wee Arra Peepul" thrown in for good measure.

Who put the ball in the rangers net?

Especially when he does it again :greengrin

Frogga
23-06-2017, 11:40 AM
There are few things I genuinely hate in this World but Rangers are one of them. **** of the Earth.

calumhibee1
23-06-2017, 11:43 AM
When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there you were there 🏆

Bristolhibby
23-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Am on holiday for this one. Would loved to have gone.

J

jingler1954
23-06-2017, 11:53 AM

"When Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup you WEREN'T there" cos you were scared for your safety even although there were hundreds of Polis Security and Horses. GGTTH

.Sean.
23-06-2017, 11:58 AM
After the disgraceful way we've been treated the last couple times we've been in that hovel I hope Dempster and co have had words with the polis/ Rangers security etc.

It'll be carnage and I canny wait to rub every single last fat greeting faced Hun's miserable face right in it.

hfc rd
23-06-2017, 12:00 PM
The build up for this game will be HUGE. We will be classed as the villains with the whole media right behind Sevco.

Hopefully we absolutely pump them.

hibsbollah
23-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Hoping to go - atmosphere will be intense!

Not sure the progress of the formal complaints made as a result of previous games through there but our Board of Directors must not duck taking on their sevco counterparts and demand that Hibs fans be treated properly. That mob, stewards and police need taking to task.

I think Leeann was now dealing with the complaints herself so it would be good to now get it sorted. In fact, our Directors (not just our fans reps) should just go through formalities at Ibrox, say 'hail hail ' to the sevco board then leave to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Hibs support. You watch, the knuckle draggers would shift in extra polis and put the word out to their missile throwing cowards coz the headlines of Leeann covered in gob, pee and with a sharpened coin sticking out her forehead won't look good in the Sunday papers!

We should make sure the huns spend a lot of time being filmed, send files of any carnage straight to the media and elected representatives. Probably won't do any good but worth trying.

marinello59
23-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Let's just leave that garbage to them. It was funny chanting it when we humped them out of the cup at Ibrox, jokes seldom bear repeating.

CorrieHibs
23-06-2017, 12:17 PM
I have to admit, I love going to Ibrox; the atmosphere is great, yes it can get poisonous but nothing beats getting one over them plus I have a better record there than I do at Tynecastle.

Some memorable matches there and I'm confident we'll get another result as well.

.Sean.
23-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Let's just leave that garbage to them. It was funny chanting it when we humped them out of the cup at Ibrox, jokes seldom bear repeating.
If we're a goal up it'll be getting belted out cause it gets them spewing.

18Hibee75
23-06-2017, 12:24 PM
There are few things I genuinely hate in this World but Rangers are one of them. **** of the Earth.
Spot on.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Is It On....
23-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Yep, forgot to include that in my post. The Lennon factor, ripping the cup from them (I just love continuously saying it!! :greengrin ) Celtic player in Ambrose, Whittaker (hopefully) who walked out on them when they got demoted. Boy, it's no wonder they hate us! :cb

That being said, it leaves no excuses for the authorities not to have a proper presence in this game and make sure everything is under control. It's no doubt going to draw out a few of the nutters in our support...which sadly might not be a bad thing in this particular game? Not advocating violence there..

Maybe you should edit your bit about Whittaker before you get loads of "helpful hints" as Rangers were not, as we know, de-moted. 😉

ArmadaleHibs
23-06-2017, 01:31 PM
I have a feeling this will be the first game moved for tv purposes

Quarters
23-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Sorry, what does that mean?

I think 'transfer matches' are what I know as 'bubble matches' - this boils down to a limited number of away supporters, all of whom have to travel on officially authorised coaches which are convoyed to/from the stadium.

Has happened a few times in England (Blackburn v Burnley, Portsmouth v Southampton) but the only one I'm aware of still being in place is Chester v Wrexham in the Conference. Neither club believe it's necessary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-38678300

we are hibs
23-06-2017, 01:39 PM
"if dave gray scores, we're on the pitch" :greengrin

Since90+2
23-06-2017, 01:41 PM
I think 'transfer matches' are what I know as 'bubble matches' - this boils down to a limited number of away supporters, all of whom have to travel on officially authorised coaches which are convoyed to/from the stadium.

Has happened a few times in England (Blackburn v Burnley, Portsmouth v Southampton) but the only one I'm aware of still being in place is Chester v Wrexham in the Conference. Neither club believe it's necessary.

Think it may be used for Newcastle v Sunderland games aswell (or was previously).

tamig
23-06-2017, 01:51 PM

Can't see that being done up here to be honest.

.Sean.
23-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Think it may be used for Newcastle v Sunderland games aswell (or was previously).
Swansea Cardiff too.

If the idiots of the weegie polis can police and herd 8000 Celtic supporters for Old Firm games at Ibrox I'm sure they an adequately look after 1000 of us.

Then again, in my experience more than plenty of police at Ibrox are as accommodating and welcoming of us as their pals in the stands.

tamig
23-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Swansea Cardiff too.

If the idiots of the weegie polis can police and herd 8000 Celtic supporters for Old Firm games at Ibrox I'm sure they an adequately look after 1000 of us.

Then again, in my experience more than plenty of police at Ibrox are as accommodating and welcoming of us as their pals in the stands.
The treatment of Hibs fans by the police at the hun dome has been disgracefull for as long as I can remember. Too many willing to turn a blind eye to the antics of the hun while pouncing on Hibs fans at the first opportunity. I've had a few chats with senior police officers at the games and they give you a good story but it never reflects their actions or what you see yourself.

frazeHFC
23-06-2017, 02:02 PM
They all stand singing their bigoted songs, spending the full 90 minutes watching the Hibs fans rather than the game itself. Coins, drinks the lot coming flying our way and nothing is ever done. Makes it all the sweeter when we go there and take the full 3 points...bring it on!

hibsbollah
23-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Newcastle Sunderland was actually home fans only at both stadia for a number of years. It's conceivable...

Ollie Reed
23-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Think we are doing their fans a slight disservice. I mean, what other set of fans give you numerous free pies and bovrils with a smile?

Even though those smiles reveal no teeth.

Anyone that goes, just be very careful. The cops are unlikely to help you.

Hermit Crab
23-06-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm back from Wellington NZ, and I'll be able to catch this game, what's the chances of getting a ticket..? Usually only a 1000 or so?

No chance, unless you're a ST holder and queue overnight for a ticket.

Billy Whizz
23-06-2017, 04:27 PM
No chance, unless you're a ST holder and queue overnight for a ticket.

Doubt there will be any queuing for tickets

Hermit Crab
23-06-2017, 04:28 PM

Cardiff v Swansea or vice versa is another game that this happens.

Hermit Crab
23-06-2017, 04:30 PM

You don't think people will queue? You going to trust the online system when realistically there will only be about 700 available after away ST holders get theres.

marinello59
23-06-2017, 04:33 PM
You don't think people will queue? You going to trust the online system when realistically there will only be about 700 available after away ST holders get theres.

Online only would be my guess.

weecounty hibby
23-06-2017, 04:36 PM
My 13 year old son asked me if we could go to the game, I said no way are you going as it will be total chaos. He said I know that why I want to go!! The exuberance and innocence of youth. To be honest when I was a teenager and into my early 20s I used to love going there too and was never in any fear. We were a brazen as you like even though on the Alloa bus we once travelled with only 9 of us on a 53 seat bus! Won 1-0 and got the back window bricked. We made a hell of a noise in the wee tunnel at the Kingston bridge surrounded by Huns in their cars and buses. Great times with a great bunch of young men who didn't give a **** about the Huns or their fans. Not sure that now we are in our late 40s and early 50s we would be quite the same! Anyway good luck to anyone who does go

Onion
23-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Talk in the press about Hun "revenge" is as as misplaced as the media's assertion that the post-match trouble would lessen our enjoyment of 21 May 2016. They STILL don't get it. NOTHING will dillute, lessen or replace the day we beat the Huns with 10 to go in the Hampden sun and certainly not a bog standard Prem league match :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
23-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Online only would be my guess.

System will crash imo.

marinello59
23-06-2017, 04:43 PM
System will crash imo.

Well you always do like to stir things up to look as bad as possible for any high demand game. Even though you are sorted. Tedious to say the last.

Albanian Hibs
23-06-2017, 04:43 PM
I cannot wait for this!

Phil MaGlass
23-06-2017, 04:48 PM
To be honest i have been to Ibrox on numerous occasions and enjoyed the aggro. I have also witnessed their polis arrest their casuals. If I could get to this game I would. No hun bassa would stop me. Good luck tae the ones who go. Make sure you stay in groups and are organised.

Pete
23-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Rangers will be an unknown entity this season and it could go either way. I hope the segregation is up to scratch for our visit.

Getting the bigger boys early can be a good thing as you might catch them when they're cold and turn them over. In Celtics case you might only get beat 1 or 2 nil instead of being thrashed. :rolleyes:

tamig
23-06-2017, 05:37 PM
System will crash imo.

Not a chance.

Keith_M
23-06-2017, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of exaggeration of what it's like going to Ibrox. The majority of times I've been there was little to no bother.

B.H.F.C
23-06-2017, 06:03 PM
There's a lot of exaggeration of what it's like going to Ibrox. The majority of times I've been there was little to no bother.

I've always thought that as well. The last time we were there was different though, the hatred had went up a notch or two.

Since then we've had the cup final. And Neil Lennon being there is sure to wind them up even more.

Wouldn't stop me going but it'll be an interesting day.

DH1875
23-06-2017, 06:36 PM
I have a feeling this will be the first game moved for tv purposes

Depends who Celtic are playing that weekend as their away games are normally the ones on the telly.

DH1875
23-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Guess it depends on how you travel to/from the games. Agree that once your inside its nowhere near as bad as when they used to sit above us. This time might be different though.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Generally I agree, this time might be a little bit different though. Certainly around the ground pre and post game.

Also worth mentioning the last visit there was probably the most uncomfortable it has been inside the ground in a long time and that was before the cup final and Neil Lennon were thrown into the mix. I think, in their tiny minds, we became the target of Rangers sectarian hatred for the 2 seasons we were in the Championship together and the cup final has cemented that hatred for the foreseeable.

On the whole being hated by Rangers makes me feel quite warm and fuzzy inside.

Ronniekirk
23-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to it if lucky enough to get a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
23-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Been thinking, what's the chances of this game getting postponed? Do rangers and celtic not usually postpone a home game every August to take part in some dodgy friendly against an EPL team?

Topographic Hibby
23-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Seem to remember a blog after the last OF game complaining at the lack of stewards at the game. The one where an orc got on to the pitch to confront Broon.

As well as suitable security for the fans, we should be insisting on suitable pitchside security for the players, including the tech area beside NL. Namely, get TRFC to "pay" for professional security stewarding, not some half-hearted volunteer arrangement they were trying to get by with last season.

Wouldn't want our goal celebrations ruined by some Sevconian wanting to make a name for themselves.

Liberal Hibby
23-06-2017, 10:09 PM
When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there you were there 🏆

Surely 'When the Hibs went out on to the Hampden pitch we were there'?

Captain Trips
23-06-2017, 10:17 PM
A sound thrashing will be given to The Rangers as their new recruits fail to settle once they actually here the drivel sang at matches.

We will do them in their own house of that I have no worries 3 - 1 to us.

CraigHibee
23-06-2017, 10:23 PM
I'm definitely hoping to get a ticket for this, will be some atmosphere

pacorosssco
23-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Honestly think Petrie and LD need sit in with fans away end. The behavoir in play off was shocking. S.Allens every corner met a missile. It will be worse unless they score quick easy win.

woodyhfc4892
24-06-2017, 05:49 AM
When the hibs, went up..

Hibby70
24-06-2017, 06:06 AM
.. to win the Scottish Cup
You'd ran away.

southsider
24-06-2017, 06:25 AM
We should do a pre kick off huddle

Since90+2
24-06-2017, 06:28 AM
We should do a pre kick off huddle

Nah.

we are hibs
24-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Been thinking, what's the chances of this game getting postponed? Do rangers and celtic not usually postpone a home game every August to take part in some dodgy friendly against an EPL team?

celtic do. rangers don't as they aren't big enough.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Not shocked that the first time we play them would be at ibrox

18Hibee75
24-06-2017, 08:53 AM
How?

ColinNish
24-06-2017, 08:54 AM
How?

Because it will probably be online ticket purchase only

18Hibee75
24-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Generally I agree, this time might be a little bit different though. Certainly around the ground pre and post game.

Also worth mentioning the last visit there was probably the most uncomfortable it has been inside the ground in a long time and that was before the cup final and Neil Lennon were thrown into the mix. I think, in their tiny minds, we became the target of Rangers sectarian hatred for the 2 seasons we were in the Championship together and the cup final has cemented that hatred for the foreseeable.

What game was our last visit there? Was it the 4-2 game?

Jones28
24-06-2017, 09:01 AM
What game was our last visit there? Was it the 4-2 game?

Yup, numerous reports of missiles being thrown. Was that the game our players were having stuff chucked at them when taking corners?

Hibernia&Alba
24-06-2017, 09:27 AM
I will certainly try for a ticket :agree:

hibee_girl
24-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Yup, numerous reports of missiles being thrown. Was that the game our players were having stuff chucked at them when taking corners?

Wasn't that the play off game, when Scott Allan was still our player?

18Hibee75
24-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Was at the 4-2 game, was a pretty intense atmosphere, a lot more intense than any in the last few years. Pretty sure the game where players got chucked stuff at them was the play off game.

Gmack7
24-06-2017, 10:49 AM
This game will be moved for TV imo

Lago
24-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Need some players in before we head over there, current squad needs bolstering.

Kojock
24-06-2017, 11:22 AM

Maybe I'm making this up but I thought Huntic had an agreement that the only home games shown from Greyskull and Darkheid were the games between them because they lose too much income when matches are moved.

MWHIBBIES
24-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Need some players in before we head over there, current squad needs bolstering.

Obviously but the game is almost 2 months away

Keith_M
24-06-2017, 11:33 AM
I've always thought that as well. The last time we were there was different though, the hatred had went up a notch or two.

Since then we've had the cup final. And Neil Lennon being there is sure to wind them up even more.

Wouldn't stop me going but it'll be an interesting day.

Fair enough, I have to admit I haven't been there for a couple of seasons now.

My general experience was a lot of bravado inside the stadium and the same people not having the guts to wait for you outside, but it might have changed since then.

When I lived in Glasgow, I used to go home via the Underground and got plenty of verbals, but only from a safe distance.

*****bags :wink:

Super_JMcGinn
24-06-2017, 11:35 AM

A young guy hurling scrunched up bits of paper repeatedly if I recall correctly.

Northern Hibby
24-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Haha 😂😂 priceless

DH1875
24-06-2017, 12:36 PM

Celtic game will be on TV.

Haymaker
24-06-2017, 03:01 PM
"Where's Scotty Allan? Where's Scotty Allan?"

Johnny Clash
24-06-2017, 03:28 PM
They go mad at this:

You surrendered,
You surrendered,
you surrendered
to the Hibs in May!!

Mr White
24-06-2017, 03:30 PM
They go mad at this:

You surrendered,
You surrendered,
you surrendered
to the Hibs in May!!

:thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
24-06-2017, 03:34 PM
They go mad at this:

You surrendered,
You surrendered,
you surrendered
to the Hibs in May!!

Tune?

Sir David Gray
24-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Tune?

You're no singing anymore.

Hermit Crab
24-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Well you always do like to stir things up to look as bad as possible for any high demand game. Even though you are sorted. Tedious to say the last.

Not stirring things up, remember what happened for the derby cup game. The system couldn't handle it.

Example, yesterday I bought tickets for The Libertines at the Alhambra in Dunfermline. Only 1800 tickets available across two separate sites (ticketmaster and See Tickets) plus a small number on sale at the box office outlet in the Kingsgate. I was using the temperamental Premier Inn wifi in London and got on at 9am no bother and was finished purchasing tickets by 09:03. Hibs must use the cheapest of the cheap online booking system.

Since90+2
24-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Not stirring things up, remember what happened for the derby cup game. The system couldn't handle it.

Example, yesterday I bought tickets for The Libertines at the Alhambra in Dunfermline. Only 1800 tickets available across two separate sites (ticketmaster and See Tickets) plus a small number on sale at the box office outlet in the Kingsgate. I was using the temperamental Premier Inn wifi in London and got on at 9am no bother and was finished purchasing tickets by 09:03. Hibs must use the cheapest of the cheap online booking system.

This game won't have anything close to the demand as the cup game at Tynecastle. For that game I reckon about 90 percent of season ticket holders would have been wanting tickets , this game about a quarter if you are lucky will.

Since90+2
24-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Celtic game will be on TV.

Could be one game at Saturday lunchtime and the other Sunday lunchtime.

O'Rourke3
24-06-2017, 05:07 PM

I'd doubt the ticketmaster site ever crashes but a sharp spike in demand will create a queue. The site is set up for a number of sessions(thousands) and if there's already demand on the site - which on TM is most of the time - then sessions look like they've not connected. They have usually but you might have a long wait. It took my session 15 minutes till I got a screen up I could interact with for the Hearts game. Too late by then of course.

As for Der Hun I think the club should simply call it out before the game in a press conference challenging Rangers to ensure the safety of the travelling fans in and outside the ground. The club will use fans evidence of mistreatment by stewards or the polis and anything they get from media outlets. What can we do? Ban their away fans from our ground. At the very least this will draw attention from some news broadcasters who may even put themselves in our bit. I'll wind up the no surrender brigade having to behave but they've been getting away with that pash for years and it needs to stop.

tamig
24-06-2017, 05:14 PM
This game won't have anything close to the demand as the cup game at Tynecastle. For that game I reckon about 90 percent of season ticket holders would have been wanting tickets , this game about a quarter if you are lucky will.

Agreed. The demand for this game will be nothing like the cup game. That was our only chance of a derby last season and I also think a few folk will be wary of the trip to the hun in August. Some folk like to try and put a dampener on anything though.

24-06-2017, 05:15 PM
This will be a poisonous atmostphere. Ibrox is a vile, very hostile ground at the best of times but they are baying for blood after last May and just to add even more fuel to the fire, our manager is now Neil Lennon.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm looking forward to the hundreds of arrests and media outrage following the inevitable barrage of abuse aimed at Neil Lennon.

Johnny Clash
24-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Tune?

Think the original tune is called 'Sing Hosanna'

The Sevconians don't like it up 'em!

silverhibee
24-06-2017, 10:04 PM
This will be a poisonous atmostphere. Ibrox is a vile, very hostile ground at the best of times but they are baying for blood after last May and just to add even more fuel to the fire, our manager is now Neil Lennon.

Not to be missed then, will hopefully be at the game, is goading an offence :greengrin

Haymaker
24-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Not to be missed then, will hopefully be at the game, is goading an offence :greengrin

It definitely will be that day! :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-06-2017, 02:13 PM
I was at the previous 2-0 game . Coins were raining down all game . Horrible, horrible lot .
Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .

Vini1875
25-06-2017, 02:39 PM
I don't think its too bad at Ibrox these days compared to the past. The atmosphere is horrendous, but the level of danger is not as bad as a lot on here seem to think. I also think that the Hibs fans that do go will be up for it anyway, so it will be mostly young men and slightly older guys. With us winning the huns will mostly gone by the time we get out. Coins, pies and bovril is the main issue.

shetlandhibee
25-06-2017, 03:48 PM
If we lose, we lose (which we won't). There the ones getting all hyped up about next season, all the pressures on them:thumbsup:

wearethehibs
26-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Hopefully this gets moved for the tv.

BT still showing games on a Friday night? 😈

Ronniekirk
26-06-2017, 05:45 PM
If we lose, we lose (which we won't). There the ones getting all hyped up about next season, all the pressures on them:thumbsup:

They have nearly signed a complete new team Traditionally they don't start well in the League So if we get in the players we want particularly up front and our team gets all our pre season games and league cup section under their belt then we should be looking for dome sort of result
But how they gell under new Manager will be a factor and how we handle hostile reception away from home will be a test for our new players
But it will be indicator of our aspiration to be in top four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
26-06-2017, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=
Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .[/QUOTE]

Ha ha - great idea!

mca
26-06-2017, 07:22 PM
I was at the previous 2-0 game . Coins were raining down all game . Horrible, horrible lot .
Marathon bet should supply all attending green hard hats with their logo and the 3-2 cup final score .

That is a Great idea.. but they wouldnt let you with them... would they ???

Johnny Clash
26-06-2017, 07:35 PM
That is a Great idea.. but they wouldnt let you with them... would they ???

apparantly not coz the cops think that safety helmets threaten ... eh... safety!!

... but even those plastic party ones would make a point!

Johnny Clash
26-06-2017, 07:38 PM
apparantly not coz the cops think that safety helmets threaten ... eh... safety!!

... but even those plastic party ones would make a point!

You can get green plastic bowler hats for £2... now that would really confuse the sevconians!

Mibbes Aye
26-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Tune?

You're no singing anymore.

:bitchy:

Think the original tune is called 'Sing Hosanna'

The Sevconians don't like it up 'em!

:agree:

It's the chorus to the hymn "Give Me Joy In My Heart (Sing Hosanna)"

Amazing how many football chants are based on hymns.

This particular one is a belter and if words could be found for the verse then it would be awesome. First stab:

Give me joy in my heart, super Hi-bees
Give me joy in my heart Stokesie.
Give me joy in my heart from a corner
Hendo sticks it on the head of Gray

(all together now)

You surrendered,
You surrendered,
You surrendered.
To the Hibs in May!!

pacorosssco
26-06-2017, 11:38 PM
The very sight of us in away end is enough for them. We should just stand and do the conga for 45 a break then 45 more.

jgl07
27-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Maybe I'm making this up but I thought Huntic had an agreement that the only home games shown from Greyskull and Darkheid were the games between them because they lose too much income when matches are moved.

Look at the televised fixtures and they are invariably Rangers and Celtic away matches. There a limit on how many matches can be televised at each stadium. Most of the Ibrox/Parkhead matches are taken up by OF derbies. Rigged to minimise disruption and maximise income for the uglies.

Obviously it was different when Hibs and Rangers were in the Championship.

InchHibby
27-06-2017, 05:03 AM
Hopefully this gets moved for the tv.

BT still showing games on a Friday night? 😈

Unfortunately not much chance of this, once again televised games are set out for minimum disruption to both Glasgow sides, making sure their support isn't affected with the game being on tv, but basically for the rest of us, who cares. The only home games televised by them is when they play each other.
They may do this down South to some extent, but at least they are well compensated to the tune of millions,but hey, this is why we're the laughing stock of the football world, because our folk in charge totally agree with what goes on.
What gets me is why all other clubs accept this present situation, accepting the scraps after the so called big two have had their fill.
Either tell the TV companies to beat it unless the money is significantly increased and that it is distributed equally between all sides no matter what games are shown on TV, or get shot of the two of them, put them in their own league.

Moulin Yarns
27-06-2017, 05:38 AM
I'd doubt the ticketmaster site ever crashes but a sharp spike in demand will create a queue. The site is set up for a number of sessions(thousands) and if there's already demand on the site - which on TM is most of the time - then sessions look like they've not connected. They have usually but you might have a long wait. It took my session 15 minutes till I got a screen up I could interact with for the Hearts game. Too late by then of course.

As for Der Hun I think the club should simply call it out before the game in a press conference challenging Rangers to ensure the safety of the travelling fans in and outside the ground. The club will use fans evidence of mistreatment by stewards or the polis and anything they get from media outlets. What can we do? Ban their away fans from our ground. At the very least this will draw attention from some news broadcasters who may even put themselves in our bit. I'll wind up the no surrender brigade having to behave but they've been getting away with that pash for years and it needs to stop.

In a different scenario, the Edinburgh Book Festival tickets went on sale, online at 08:30 last Tuesday. I logged on just after 08:30 and at the top of the page it told me I was number 3246 in the queue. It steadily counted down every 10 minutes or so until I was front of the queue at 11:00 and able to choose my tickets and order them without a hitch, being patient and not panicking works on some systems. Maybe if the Ticket sites all had a queue countdown like that there would be less angst.

JimBHibees
27-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Unfortunately not much chance of this, once again televised games are set out for minimum disruption to both Glasgow sides, making sure their support isn't affected with the game being on tv, but basically for the rest of us, who cares. The only home games televised by them is when they play each other.
They may do this down South to some extent, but at least they are well compensated to the tune of millions,but hey, this is why we're the laughing stock of the football world, because our folk in charge totally agree with what goes on.
What gets me is why all other clubs accept this present situation, accepting the scraps after the so called big two have had their fill.
Either tell the TV companies to beat it unless the money is significantly increased and that it is distributed equally between all sides no matter what games are shown on TV, or get shot of the two of them, put them in their own league.

The clubs had the chance to change but obviously didnt want to, think Aberdeen voted to protect the 11v1 voting.