PDA

View Full Version : Small victories

matty_f
22-06-2017, 05:29 PM
As a flip side to the Pet Peeves thread, how about things that you find really satisfying?

I'll kick off wth a couple:

When someone tries to be a smart arse skipping the queue of traffic and then nobody lets them in.

Getting through the traffic lights before they change.

When a know-it-all gets proven wrong about something.

When your petrol is just about out but you reckon you can still get to wherever you're going without filling up and you're right.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 05:36 PM
When I buy something and the Mrs says "you'll never use that" and 2 years later the need for said implement arises.
When we're on holiday and the same Mrs says "it's that way" and I disagree and it turns out I'm right.
When someone complains in the taxi that we're going a different way from the way they normally go and they say "it normally costs £12, I'm not paying anymore " and I get there and there's only £10 on the meter.
Great thread, I could go on all day with these. :greengrin

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 05:39 PM
There was a guy who flew past me on willowbrae road a while back. I knew the police were further up the road as I had just come from that direction. I beeped the horn to try and alert him to slow down. He gave me the finger.
I gave him a big smile as I passed him being booked by the police.

frazeHFC
22-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Definitely the 2 traffic related ones in the OP, as well as going somewhere you know if usually a nightmare to park, and someone parked right at the entrance is leaving as you arrive.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Also love seeing someone trying to skip the queue in traffic get stranded in the wrong lane.

Finding a tenner in an old coat you haven't worn for a while.

Thinking you have had the last beer, biscuit, bag of crisps etc then finding one left when you go to check.

Pete
22-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Scanning something at the supermarket and it being cheaper than you thought.

Finding beer at the back of the fridge you'd forgotten about.

Agree with the cars being left stranded but I'll not mention the Maybury as I know Lord Burberry will be raging. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2017, 06:27 PM
When you receive a complaint about the way someone has driven a company vehicle, and it was actually you driving. You know the truth and how they have exaggerated and that they were actually in the wrong. Then....you tell them you have dash cam footage of their bad driving...

McD
22-06-2017, 06:54 PM
When you go to buy something specific, and find it's cheaper than you thought/it was.

when you get called into the office/meeting and are either expecting an arse kicking or wondering what you've done wrong, to get given a genuine thanks for something you've done.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Scanning something at the supermarket and it being cheaper than you thought.

Finding beer at the back of the fridge you'd forgotten about.

Agree with the cars being left stranded but I'll not mention the Maybury as I know Lord Burberry will be raging. :greengrin
I've stopped doing that at the maybury now mate. I only used to do it when I had a passenger in the back. Now I'm coming back in empty I'm not in any hurry. :greengrin

snooky
22-06-2017, 07:40 PM
- When you think you've lost your wallet and that magic moment when find it in another pocket.

- When you get a phone call and you expect it to be somebody you don't particularly like and its actually an old mate calling out of the blue.

- When it's absolutely baltic and you climb into the bed and the electric blanket's been on for hours.

- The first minute in a shower after you've been sweating due to work or exercise.

- Seeing a winning goal in 90+2.

yonder1875
22-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Scoring a goal, at any level. Even 5-a-sides.

matty_f
22-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Going to the toilet at work ACS the cubicle's free when you're needing your morning movement. :greengrin

Radium
22-06-2017, 09:03 PM
When you go to the shop to get stuff for dinner ... and it is in the reduced section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2017, 09:14 PM
When a "joy" rider gets hurt following a spill or crash of a stolen vehicle.

Hibrandenburg
22-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Stripping wallpaper off and you get a piece about a foot square in one go.

snooky
22-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Stripping wallpaper off and you get a piece about a foot square in one go.

:agree: Ecstasy!

matty_f
22-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Folk going radge complaining who then realise it's them who made the mistake and they have to backtrack.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Folk going radge complaining who then realise it's them who made the mistake and they have to backtrack.

Oh yes. There's nothing sweeter

EH6 Hibby
22-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Cutting wrapping paper and the scissors glide the whole length of the paper.

stoneyburn hibs
22-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Cigarettes just over £2 a pack on holiday.

Just Jimmy
22-06-2017, 11:59 PM
Nipping to the post office when you can't be bothered after work to collect your mrs parcel shes moaned about for days only to realise its the new hibs home top you ordered.

Then wearing it to rub it in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

snooky
23-06-2017, 12:00 AM
- Falling toast landing sticky side up.
- No fillings required at the 6 monthly dentist check up
- Getting the last spot for your car on the ferry
- Going into the bank and there's no queue then a half dozen folk walk in right after you.
- Finding a parking meter with a half hour left on it.
- Squeezing just enough toothpaste to brush your teeth out of a tube you thought was empty.
- Seeing a serial diver getting booked for diving when it really was a penalty.
- Watching a well-known cheapskate getting landed with the dearest round of the night.

TRC
23-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Changing my son's nappy without him pissing or ****ong all over the place.
Getting alcohol and c02 perfect at work.
Making the right amount of pasta rice for a meal

Pretty Boy
23-06-2017, 06:08 AM
Unexpected good weather. I was walking up by Scheilhallion last week and the MWIS was forecasting rain and significant windchill. Glorious sunshine most of the day and short sleeves all round was the order of the day. Bliss.

matty_f
23-06-2017, 06:26 AM
An extra ten minutes in bed.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Exposing the lies of an employee due to their FB activity.

Peevemor
23-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Somebody sent me their CV this morning with their photo on it

OK so far.

She then goes on to list "Patisserie" (ie. making cakes) as her main hobby and to clinch the deal, she added this photo being part of one of her uni projects.

Great way to start the day!

rodhibs55
23-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Upgraded to Business Class on a flight.

matty_f
23-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Getting the petrol pump to stop bang on the pound. These be ones where you can preset the value take a bit of joy away, IMHO.

sleeping giant
23-06-2017, 02:54 PM
The noise when you pee directly and deliberately into the middle of the water in the toilet bowl after having a few pints :-)

The louder it is , the more manly I feel :greengrin

Wembley67
23-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Nailing two bits of wood together to find its perfectly straight and flush.

snooky
23-06-2017, 03:21 PM
The noise when you pee directly and deliberately into the middle of the water in the toilet bowl after having a few pints :-)

The louder it is , the more manly I feel :greengrin

The prostate obviously still in good order. :whistle:

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Putting your level on a snooker table with someone over your shoulder and finding the bubble spot bang in the middle of the lines. Bearing in mind sliding a piece of paper under the level can send it degrees out but still good enough for a table.

Mr White
23-06-2017, 09:10 PM
For a few days after I've cut my hair I can't keep a pencil behind my ear without it slipping out when I lean forward or look down. Every now and then when i manage to catch it before it hits the floor midway through a cut with a handsaw feels like a small but enjoyable victory.

When I'm totally bald in the not too distant future I'm going to have to start using the chunkier pencils sold as specific carpentry ones. That'll be one for the peeves thread when the time comes as they're crap.

snooky
23-06-2017, 09:19 PM
For a few days after I've cut my hair I can't keep a pencil behind my ear without it slipping out when I lean forward or look down. Every now and then when i manage to catch it before it hits the floor midway through a cut with a handsaw feels like a small but enjoyable victory.

When I'm totally bald in the not too distant future I'm going to have to start using the chunkier pencils sold as specific carpentry ones. That'll be one for the peeves thread when the time comes as they're crap.

A wee bit of blue tack on the top of the lug, no?

Mr White
23-06-2017, 09:28 PM
A wee bit of blue tack on the top of the lug, no?

I'll need to experiment :greengrin

matty_f
23-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Getting peace to watch Radiohead's set at Glastonbury because I'm the only one in the house that loves them.

matty_f
23-06-2017, 09:50 PM
When you run an internet speed test and you're getting 215Mbps instead of the 200Mbps you were promised. Thanks Virgin.

MSK
24-06-2017, 09:03 AM

When I'm totally bald in the not too distant future I'm going to have to start using the chunkier pencils sold as specific carpentry ones. That'll be one for the peeves thread when the time comes as they're crap.Its ok if you have jug lugs, Im the opposite of that, my lugs are so small even my reading glasses fall off 😄

lyonhibs
24-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Walking into a cold/warm flat on a roasting/freezing day

Walking into a 5* hotel room safe in the knowledge that you're paid **** all to be there

Those brief, brief moments when there are genuinely no dishes to be done and no laundry.

High-On-Hibs
24-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Nope, can't think of any recent small victories. I just keep telling myself that i'm saving up for a big one...... a really big one. :boo hoo:

Hibrandenburg
24-06-2017, 11:43 AM
When the compromise you're forced to make in negotiations was only on the table as negotiable bulk and you walk away with everything you wanted.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2017, 12:15 PM
When you sell something and the buyer thinks he knocked you down massively but you walk away with what you actually wanted, having inflated your original asking price.

Mr White
24-06-2017, 07:03 PM
My youngest has started to use the toilet fairly consistently and more to the point quite accurately. It's hopefully just a matter of days till I change the last dirty nappy I'll ever come into contact with. At least till I need them myself in later life.

Come to think of it this is more than just a small victory, it's a massive one! :greengrin

Craig_HFC
27-06-2017, 10:39 AM
When you're walking along the street and go to cross the road and the green man appears just as you approach the kerb so you don't need to break stride.

Beating someone in a race on the pavement that they don't know they are taking part in.

lyonhibs
27-06-2017, 10:56 AM
When you're walking straight towards a group on the pavement (******** businessmen in suits gives me the sweetest feeling of victory) and they part to let you through so you don't have to deviate your course.

WeeRussell
27-06-2017, 11:22 AM
A Hearts fan giving a "5-1" gesture or shout in my direction feels like a win these days.

snooky
27-06-2017, 01:47 PM
1. My favourite small victory is to stuff all the advertising crap I receive into the enclosed s.a.e. and mail it right back to them - plus any other company's flyers I can fit in the same envelope.

2. When opening a tomato ketchup sachet, cutting the corner off with scissors so you don't spend a lifetime trying to tear it open.

3. Getting into a pistachio nut that hasn't opened properly.

Time For Heroes
27-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Getting to the airport and placing your bag on the scales to see you are .2kilo under your allowance, what a ****in rush 😀😎

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Telling a jambo the cheque is in the post.

wpj
27-06-2017, 06:59 PM
When you add data to a spreadsheet and the graph automatically updates.......magic

matty_f
27-06-2017, 07:31 PM
When you add data to a spreadsheet and the graph automatically updates.......magic

Or when you have been fighting with a spreadsheet for ages to get it to do something that you know is possible but don't know, and then get it to work.

Shelling a boiled egg perfectly. Or getting a poached egg just right.

Fast forwarding the adverts on sky plus and hitting play exactly when the tv show comes back on.

Peevemor
27-06-2017, 07:55 PM
On a road that I take 2-3 times a week there's a set of lights on the dual carriageway with a crappy hill start to negotiate if you're stopped. There's no greater small victory than arriving at said set of lights just as they turn green and steaming past some bam in a porsche or the like that overtook me at a crazy speed about half a mile before.

stantonhibby
27-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Peeling off the cover of a microwaved dish in a oner

bingo70
27-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Beating someone in a race on the pavement that they don't know they are taking part in.

Brilliant, I didn't know other people did that as well.

Hibrandenburg
27-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Rolling the perfect bogie at thè first attempt.

hibsbollah
27-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Leaving the car on a single yellow and returning just that moment before the torn faced disaster brexit voting yam **** traffic warden registers you on his wee machine. And watching his dejected wee face.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2017, 09:49 PM
When something scans at the supermarket for a ridiculously low incorrect price.

liscious_hibs
27-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Claiming back expenses from your corporate overlords even if its just a pound.

Driving bang on the speed limit on a road impossible to overtake on when getting tailgated

When a horrible punters went that tiniest bit over the line with something that wouldn't normally annoy you that much that you can justifiably bar them for with no repercussions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2017, 10:59 PM
When CCTV coverage shows a complaiming parent that his son's version of events were total bollox and he was thrown out of your venue for a valid reason.

matty_f
27-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Peeling off the cover of a microwaved dish in a oner

:agree:

snooky
27-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Being asked for a big favour by someone who has sh*t on you in the past.
Briefly giving the impression that you're considering it. Then saying "Naw, sorry no can do."

Getting a petrol pump to stop on a round number. (e.g. £40)

Being caught in a sudden cloudburst when you're stuck behind a bunch of cyclists.

Hermit Crab
27-06-2017, 11:17 PM
When CCTV coverage shows a complaiming parent that his son's version of events were total bollox and he was thrown out of your venue for a valid reason.

Tell us more. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Tell us more. :greengrin

Daddy was a well respected Edinburgh gent who I shall not name and his son's antics,aggression and attempt to stick the head on someone were pretty conclusive on CCTV. This after he returned home to tell Daddy in the morning that he was stone cold sober and thrown out for no reason and was appalled at how he had been treated. One very embarrassed and apologetic Daddy after we met and viewed the footage following his rant about how influential he was.

Hermit Crab
28-06-2017, 01:21 AM
Daddy was a well respected Edinburgh gent who I shall not name and his son's antics,aggression and attempt to stick the head on someone were pretty conclusive on CCTV. This after he returned home to tell Daddy in the morning that he was stone cold sober and thrown out for no reason and was appalled at how he had been treated. One very embarrassed and apologetic Daddy after we met and viewed the footage following his rant about how influential he was.

I bet that felt good, and I bet the son got his erse booted.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Should've just told them to calm down!

DH1875
28-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Should've just told them to calm down!

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Peevemor
28-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Claiming back expenses from your corporate overlords even if its just a pound.

My first boss across here (who was a dick) sent me to do a survey a 3 hour drive from the office and told me to take the camera which was in the boot of his car. When I went to use the camera, there was no battery (which my boss hadn't told me was in a charger in the front of his car).

No problem - I bought a disposable camera and got on with the job at hand.

Later he refused to reimburse me for the camera and developing the photos, saying it was my fault for not checking the battery, etc.

A few weeks later I was going over stuff with him on the project in question and he asked to look at the photos. I told him that they were in my house. He was intelligent enough to work out why and the look he gave me was priceless.

That afternoon the secretary asked me for the receipts so that I could be reimbursed.

I had a few small victories with the same guy - the best being taking him to the tribunal after I'd left and winning a decent pay out for me as well as a rise for all of my former workmates.

lyonhibs
28-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Hoovering up quality supermarket reductions to the extent that the money you saved vs. full price is more than what you actually spent.

Especially delightful in Switzerland.

bingo70
28-06-2017, 04:50 PM
When your gps tries to take you a funny route so you ignore it and get there a much quicker time yourself.

wpj
28-06-2017, 05:22 PM

Sounds like a tough childcare centre!

speedy_gonzales
28-06-2017, 08:18 PM
When your gps tries to take you a funny route so you ignore it and get there a much quicker time yourself.
Better still, when Tom Tom gives you an ETA and you beat it!

matty_f
29-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Better still, when Tom Tom gives you an ETA and you beat it!

Definitely this one.

MSK
29-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Training a new colleague at work but you realise you are training someone who has done it all before, got the t shirt & all that, only to shadow them during their first procedure & they totally **** it up.

Ultra pleasing 😆

Hibee87
29-06-2017, 08:58 AM
popping the toaster up for the bairns breakfast and its perfectly toasted for him. (my toaster seems to cremate the bread on every setting, which is fine for me but not the wee man)

lord bunberry
29-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Training a new colleague at work but you realise you are training someone who has done it all before, got the t shirt & all that, only to shadow them during their first procedure & they totally **** it up.

Ultra pleasing 😆
I used to be a baker and we had this guy in for an interview, I could see he thought he was one of these types you mention, but my boss wanted to take him on because he was French. I spent a few weeks training him up and while it was obvious he had the basic skills, he wasn't paying much attention. He kept saying yes yes I know all that I'm fine. When it came to him working on his own my boss and I both went through everything with him and I went home. I came in the next morning and he was still there and he'd absolutely ****ed everything up. Thousands of pounds worth of stuff and my boss was going mental at him, eventually sacking him on the spot. I did the interviews after that. :greengrin

Future17
29-06-2017, 01:44 PM
I used to be a baker and we had this guy in for an interview, I could see he thought he was one of these types you mention, but my boss wanted to take him on because he was French. I spent a few weeks training him up and while it was obvious he had the basic skills, he wasn't paying much attention. He kept saying yes yes I know all that I'm fine. When it came to him working on his own my boss and I both went through everything with him and I went home. I came in the next morning and he was still there and he'd absolutely ****ed everything up. Thousands of pounds worth of stuff and my boss was going mental at him, eventually sacking him on the spot. I did the interviews after that. :greengrin

Is that where your username comes from? :greengrin

lord bunberry
29-06-2017, 03:28 PM
It is. :greengrin.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2017, 04:28 PM

His assets are his buns. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2017, 06:56 PM
When someone at work denies all knowledge, you never told them, they would never have agreed, it was the wrong decision. Then............you produce the email trail you have kept for this very reason.

wpj
29-06-2017, 07:00 PM
When someone at work denies all knowledge, you never told them, they would never have agreed, it was the wrong decision. Then............you produce the email trail you have kept for this very reason.

In a disciplinary stage right now where this has added some serious weight to our investigation. Emailing different managers does not mean we can't collate them all as we do speak to each other

Mixu62
30-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Getting cash out at the machine and it's all brand new crisp notes.

Getting to the work coffee machine a couple of seconds before the numpty who takes hours.

Beating hertz in any computer football game (Just gubbed them 5-0 on Dream League)

lord bunberry
30-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Sitting in the airport waiting to get away from this miserable weather 😜

Hibrandenburg
30-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Getting the water pump working when the lake in your garden is threatening to overflow into the cellar, it was a close call last night.

https://youtu.be/QXPy9OgNTBU

MSK
30-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Cutting slabs in front garden after my **** neighbour has washed his car ( not you Monktonharp ) the other neighbour 😆

lyonhibs
30-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who aren't good at e-mails/searching through their inbox. Just had 3 this morning asking for separate bits of info that had been sent at least once, or in once case twice, beforehand (and recently too, not like 3 months ago).

A reply with those e-mails attached with a friendly passive aggressive "as per previous e-mails" was promptly dispatched leaving self with a warm feeling of superiority.

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 11:27 AM
When you're walking along the street and go to cross the road and the green man appears just as you approach the kerb so you don't need to break stride.

haha yep, I even imagine myself drawing clear in a horse race, with the nearest bus-stop/phone box being the winning post.

lord bunberry
30-06-2017, 12:45 PM
haha yep, I even imagine myself drawing clear in a horse race, with the nearest bus-stop/phone box being the winning post.

Do you do a commentary in your mind though? I even conduct after race interviews.

bingo70
30-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Do you do a commentary in your mind though? I even conduct after race interviews.

I used to do that when I played championship manager.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Thought I was the only person that done this. Glad to know if I am completely mental at least 2 or 3 others are the same.

heretoday
30-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Here in Corstorphine that passes for grade A entertainment.

lord bunberry
30-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Sitting in the airport waiting to get away from this miserable weather 😜

Next time I'll shut the **** up. It's absolutely chucking it down in Mallorca right now. Small victory for everyone back home :greengrin

bingo70
30-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Next time I'll shut the **** up. It's absolutely chucking it down in Mallorca right now. Small victory for everyone back home :greengrin

When you hear the weathers bad in Mallorca 2 days before your due to go there.

(I'm assuming the rain will have passed by Sunday)

lord bunberry
30-06-2017, 09:17 PM
When you hear the weathers bad in Mallorca 2 days before your due to go there.

(I'm assuming the rain will have passed by Sunday)
Yes I believe it is due to be fine from Sunday onwards. :greengrin

danhibees1875
01-07-2017, 01:15 AM

It's glorious in Miami if that helps you :wink:

lord bunberry
01-07-2017, 03:26 AM
It's glorious in Miami if that helps you :wink:
It doesn't :greengrin

snooky
01-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Hearing that everybody else is having as crap weather as I am on my holidays is not a small victory, more consolation.

lord bunberry
01-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Hearing that everybody else is having as crap weather as I am on my holidays is not a small victory, more consolation.

Ha ha. It was chucking it down here again today, but apparently things are looking up for the rest of the week.

matty_f
01-07-2017, 08:19 PM
A runny yolk on a bacon and egg roll.

lord bunberry
01-07-2017, 08:48 PM
I really wish you could all hear how loud the music is from the hotel next to ours. I'm out on the balcony and it's ****ing deafening. Techno techno techno. Anyone got some Charlie:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
01-07-2017, 09:45 PM

You don't know what rain is,believe me!

Hermit Crab
01-07-2017, 11:14 PM
I really wish you could all hear how loud the music is from the hotel next to ours. I'm out on the balcony and it's ****ing deafening. Techno techno techno. Anyone got some Charlie:greengrin

Eezeer Goode......

Mixu62
02-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Eezeer Goode......

Oh that's naughty......

Hermit Crab
02-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Oh that's naughty......

Naughty, very naughty ahahaha. Anyone got any Salmon?

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Naughty, very naughty ahahaha. Anyone got any Salmon?

Na, but I've got some Vera's

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Jack daniels on the all inclusive

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Ha ha. It was chucking it down here again today, but apparently things are looking up for the rest of the week.

Getting back from mallorca and realising others had to endure crap weather too...😊

lord bunberry
03-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Getting back from mallorca and realising others had to endure crap weather too...😊

It's lovely today, not a cloud in the sky. 😜

matty_f
04-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Apple pay. What a great idea that is.

Sevco getting pumped out of Europe.

EH6 Hibby
05-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Apple pay. What a great idea that is.

Sevco getting pumped out of Europe.

I love Apple Pay. My 12 year old son would lose his Bank Card on a weekly basis if he had to take that out with him, I just transfer money to his account and he can pay using his phone. Seen me doing it while he is standing at the self serve checkout after scanning his stuff to tell me how much it is.

Danderhall Hibs
06-07-2017, 10:05 PM
On holiday just now and when claiming the sun loungers this morning I clocked a rangers towel next to me so spoke to the boy and asked him if he'd watched the match the other night, how he felt about the new manager, his signings and Dave King being all talk and no walk.

Pretty subtle but the boy was really getting himself wound up by the end of our friendly chat so it felt like a small victory.

Future17
07-07-2017, 12:01 PM
On holiday just now and when claiming the sun loungers this morning I clocked a rangers towel next to me so spoke to the boy and asked him if he'd watched the match the other night, how he felt about the new manager, his signings and Dave King being all talk and no walk.

Pretty subtle but the boy was really getting himself wound up by the end of our friendly chat so it felt like a small victory.

Never knew these existed; what's their function? Wiping the dirt off?

Danderhall Hibs
07-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Never knew these existed; what's their function? Wiping the dirt off?

Just sitting on and catching the drops of buckfast that slip out between the gaps in his rotted teeth by the looks of things.

Mibbes Aye
07-07-2017, 04:59 PM

Was at Ibrox with a carload of mates for the game against them in the mid-late 90s when we won 1-0 with a Darren Jackson penalty.

We were parked by a lot of their supporter buses and had to walk back to the car in amongst them. None of us wore colours so we took some delight in loudly bemoaning the quality of their players - Alex Cleland took a ribbing in particular - as we pretended to be angry Huns.

Small and petty as victories go but a victory nonetheless.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Taking a bite of a Breakaway biscuit and finding out its solid chocolate.

Mixu62
10-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Your final week in a job before you leave and people who have previously been a$$-holes suddenly really need you! Meh, I'm offski mate, byeeee!!

snooky
11-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Your final week in a job before you leave and people who have previously been a$$-holes suddenly really need you! Meh, I'm offski mate, byeeee!!

Aye, revenge is a dish best served cold :greengrin

Alfiembra
11-07-2017, 11:47 AM

:aok: +1 and Kit-Kats too

ancient hibee
11-07-2017, 01:46 PM
When someone says to me "I hate the f*****g English" and I say "come and meet my wife,she's English, and you can tell her"

lord bunberry
11-07-2017, 02:12 PM
When someone says to me "I hate the f*****g English" and I say "come and meet my wife,she's English, and you can tell her"

It's such a stupid thing to say anyway. It's not possible to hate someone you know nothing about and haven't met.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2017, 02:20 PM

Hahaha happens to my wife a lot too, she loves letting them rant on before declaring her husband is English and watch them backtrack.

Just Alf
11-07-2017, 04:11 PM
YAS!!!! I had the kit kat situation at the weekend...... Well chuffed :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

matty_f
11-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Getting the last of something in the supermarket.

speedy_gonzales
12-07-2017, 01:52 AM

YAS!!!! I had the kit kat situation at the weekend...... Well chuffed :-)

Not only can you enjoy a solid finger of chocolate, if you get in touch with Nestlé(or whoever) explaining the issue and give the packet reference number they will invariably send you vouchers for more free chocolate,,,, double bubble bonus!

ColinNish
12-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Not only can you enjoy a solid finger of chocolate, if you get in touch with Nestlé(or whoever) explaining the issue and give the packet reference number they will invariably send you vouchers for more free chocolate,,,, double bubble bonus!

My gran got a box of Breakaways sent to her when she found a bit of metal in one of them. 😊

wpj
12-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Managing to peel the wrapper on a CD from Amazon in a oner without scissors

ancient hibee
12-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Managing to peel the wrapper on a CD from Amazon in a oner without scissors

Or without ending up getting stitched in A & E.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Making an absolute mess of an order at work and getting a customer entirely the wrong goods. Then getting an enquiry from another customer who is looking for exactly what you have brought in in error and thinks you are wonderful for being able to supply it next day. All whilst the original customer calls you to say they are really sorry but there has been a delay and they can't accept their order for another 2 weeks thus giving time to correct the original error as well. Serendipity.

Happened to me today and a mistake potentially worth a few thousand pounds has been resolved with no one except me even knowing it occurred. A pretty massive victory tbh.

sleeping giant
12-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Picking the sun loungers on the beach then 5 Spanish hotties claim the one across from us.

Wife not that happy though :-)

wpj
12-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Making an absolute mess of an order at work and getting a customer entirely the wrong goods. Then getting an enquiry from another customer who is looking for exactly what you have brought in in error and thinks you are wonderful for being able to supply it next day. All whilst the original customer calls you to say they are really sorry but there has been a delay and they can't accept their order for another 2 weeks thus giving time to correct the original error as well. Serendipity.

Happened to me today and a mistake potentially worth a few thousand pounds has been resolved with no one except me even knowing it occurred. A pretty massive victory tbh.

Massive victories thread pending 😊

wpj
12-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Being off all week leave agreed until Wednesday, email to bosses agreed to have rest of week off. Lovely

Hermit Crab
13-07-2017, 06:26 PM
When you walk up to the till in Ted Baker with a pair of Jeans expecting to pay £55 and when the staff member scans them and says thats £35 please. In the sale but not marked on the price tag as a sale item. Win. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Getting one over on your neighbour.

Go to Google Earth and copy in the coordinates: 48°08'34.0"N 123°10'10.0"W

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2017, 06:42 PM
When you take a six pack of beer to the checkout in Tenerife supermarket and the assistant scans one can and charges you 80 cents for six. :-)

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 06:53 PM
When you take a six pack of beer to the checkout in Tenerife supermarket and the assistant scans one can and charges you 80 cents for six. :-)

Technically shoplifting?

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Technically shoplifting?

Nope not at all. Shoplifting is when you select something (sometimes conceal it) and leave the shop making no attempt to pay. The fact that I handed it to the cashier who then scanned it and told me how much I had to pay for it puts me in the clear.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Getting paid extra when you go to collect a bet in the bookies, hasnae happened for a while but, its always welcome.

snooky
13-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Seeing someone who has passed you at a zillion mph earlier parked at the side of the road next to a car with a flashing blue light.

hibs#1
13-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Getting paid extra when you go to collect a bet in the bookies, hasnae happened for a while but, its always welcome.

I once handed a tenner over in the bookies,for a fiver bet. Got handed 50 quid back,didn't half get out there quick bet came in as well if I remember correctly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 09:00 PM
I once handed a tenner over in the bookies,for a fiver bet. Got handed 50 quid back,didn't half get out there quick bet came in as well if I remember correctly.

Large victory? ;-)

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Nope not at all. Shoplifting is when you select something (sometimes conceal it) and leave the shop making no attempt to pay. The fact that I handed it to the cashier who then scanned it and told me how much I had to pay for it puts me in the clear.

Not sure of the legal ins and outs, especially in Spain but logic would say to me that the moment I realised I'd not paid for something then it's theft, mistake or not. Not having a go, just my thoughts on the situation.

hibs#1
13-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Large victory? ;-)

Paid for a day out in the pub anyway.😂

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Not sure of the legal ins and outs, especially in Spain but logic would say to me that the moment I realised I'd not paid for something then it's theft, mistake or not. Not having a go, just my thoughts on the situation.

The point is I did pay but was charged incorrectly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Paid for a day out in the pub anyway.😂

Lubbly jubbly!

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 10:35 PM
The point is I did pay but was charged incorrectly.

Aye, but you realised it and had the opportunity to correct the mistake. Like I said I'm not having a go but find the legal/moral conundrum interesting.

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Aye, but you realised it and had the opportunity to correct the mistake. Like I said I'm not having a go but find the legal/moral conundrum interesting.

I see where you are coming from, there are no legal implications what so ever as I paid. With regard to morals and my knowledge of short payment that's a decision I made on the day. I realise you are not having a go but are probably saying you would have felt compelled to highlight the mistake which is fair enough. Rightly or wrongly I tend to consider these sort of things fair game especially in supermarkets with the amount of incorrect scans that often go against you. Incorrect change however is a different story as I would hate a checkout operator to be accused of stealing from a till, I will always tell them if they have given me too much and indeed have done several times over the years.

Hibrandenburg
13-07-2017, 11:17 PM
I see where you are coming from, there are no legal implications what so ever as I paid. With regard to morals and my knowledge of short payment that's a decision I made on the day. I realise you are not having a go but are probably saying you would have felt compelled to highlight the mistake which is fair enough. Rightly or wrongly I tend to consider these sort of things fair game especially in supermarkets with the amount of incorrect scans that often go against you. Incorrect change however is a different story as I would hate a checkout operator to be accused of stealing from a till, I will always tell them if they have given me too much and indeed have done several times over the years.

No mate, I'm not saying I'd be compelled to highlight the mistake. Truth be told I'm not sure how I'd react. That's probably why I find the scenario interesting.

Just Alf
14-07-2017, 10:29 AM
The smile of relief you see when a customer hands in a wallet they found in the car park thats clearly bulging with money (I work at a trade counter) and the owner comes in to find it handed in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
14-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Finding £20 in an old wallet...bonus

MSK
15-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Many years back I would stoat back from the Jewel Miners club at silly O'clock, my pockets full of smash & a few notes.Daughters would help themselves to a few of the coins but I sometimes stashed a few spare notes on top of a tall fridge in the kitchen, that would top up my bevvy money for the following week. A couple of years later & money tight in the happy household I was painting the kitchen & to my joy found £50 in various notes on top of the fridge, cracking victory 😄

Hibs Class
15-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Getting one over on your neighbour.

Go to Google Earth and copy in the coordinates: 48°08'34.0"N 123°10'10.0"W

:tee hee:

Mr White
22-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Not really a victory but a nice moment. My son and I met up with an uncle I haven't seen for ages last week at the Montrose game and sat next to him at his season seat in the east. He was taking a photo of the 3 of us just as Simon Murray scored the first. He's just sent it to me and it captures a moment you couldn't manufacture

:flag:

Wembley67
22-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Burping sick but not spewing your load 🤔

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Anticipating the obstruction ahead well before the cars in front of you and changing lanes and sailing past them as they all realise too late.

snooky
22-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Squeezing the very last stubborn little squirt out of a toothpaste tube.

heretoday
23-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Seeing someone who has passed you at a zillion mph earlier parked at the side of the road next to a car with a flashing blue light.

Or just encountering them at the next busy junction and edging ahead of them.

pollution
26-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Digging out a suitcase I last used for my summer holidays to find 47 Euros in it!

snooky
26-07-2017, 06:26 PM
While searching in the house for something I'd lost, I found two other items lost earlier that I'd forgotten all about. To cap it all, I then found what I was originally looking for.
Last Friday was a triple small victories day. :aok:

Hibrandenburg
26-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Digging out a suitcase I last used for my summer holidays to find 47 Euros in it!

Double bonus, they've gained a lot against the £ since you bought them.

Galahibby
29-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Back in the days when reg plates changed on 1st August, we were driving down to Calais to catch a ferry, in rain of biblical proportions. I've never seen anything like it before or since - even lorry drivers were parked up on the hard shoulder of the motorway as conditions were so dangerous. We were taking it really easy when this complete bell end went flying past us, well over the speed limit, in a brand new Bentley that he'd obviously just picked up that morning. Five miles down the motorway, there's a brand new Bentley lying half way up the banking on its roof. Ordinarily I would take no pleasure in such an accident, but on that occasion it seemed like he got what was coming to him, and it was just a miracle he didn't take any other vehicles out with him. Total moron 😠

snooky
29-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Back in the days when reg plates changed on 1st August, we were driving down to Calais to catch a ferry, in rain of biblical proportions. I've never seen anything like it before or since - even lorry drivers were parked up on the hard shoulder of the motorway as conditions were so dangerous. We were taking it really easy when this complete bell end went flying past us, well over the speed limit, in a brand new Bentley that he'd obviously just picked up that morning. Five miles down the motorway, there's a brand new Bentley lying half way up the banking on its roof. Ordinarily I would take no pleasure in such an accident, but on that occasion it seemed like he got what was coming to him, and it was just a miracle he didn't take any other vehicles out with him. Total moron 😠

Car-ma! :angelic:

lyonhibs
31-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Walking intentionally slowly across a green man to force a "these rules don't apply to me" cyclist (is there any other kind?) to slow to a stop instead of zooming through like they own the road.

snooky
31-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Walking intentionally slowly across a green man to force a "these rules don't apply to me" cyclist (is there any other kind?) to slow to a stop instead of zooming through like they own the road.

"Oh, you are a one - but I like you" - Dick Emery :greengrin

Dan Sarf
31-07-2017, 01:24 PM

"You are awful but I like you," surely? :greengrin

snooky
31-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Aye :aok:

lyonhibs
31-07-2017, 05:22 PM

I like to live a little. In Switzerland one needs to make one's own fun 😀

matty_f
03-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Going into a full car park just as someone is leaving so you get their space.

Alfiembra
05-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Going into a full car park just as someone is leaving so you get their space.

Even better when the car in front of you has driven past the car about to leave and misses out, not nice but very satisfying. :wink:

Also could go in pet peeves if you're in the car that missed out.

givescotlandfreedom
07-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Waking up in the night thinking it's time to get up but seeing you still have a couple of hours.
Finding bonus stray chips in a chippy wrapper or McDonald's bag.
The annual relaxation when Hearts are papped out both cups.

snooky
07-08-2017, 10:51 PM
When you hit an almighty downpour just as your car approaches a swarm of lycra-lingeried cyclists miles from shelter.
That's when you know there really is a God.

lord bunberry
09-08-2017, 06:11 AM
When some idiot flashes their lights at you because they think you've got your full beam on, and you then put your full beam on and it almost blinds them.

speedy_gonzales
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
When some idiot flashes their lights at you because they think you've got your full beam on, and you then put your full beam on and it almost blinds them.

LED headlights per chance? Getting more popular in cars these days but I find them quite "blue" and intense when they are close by.
Maybe it's my cataracts (insert Mr Magoo smiley face)

lord bunberry
09-08-2017, 11:37 AM
LED headlights per chance? Getting more popular in cars these days but I find them quite "blue" and intense when they are close by.
Maybe it's my cataracts (insert Mr Magoo smiley face)
No I've just got normal old fashioned lights. I agree about some of these LED lights though.

lord bunberry
09-09-2017, 08:35 PM
2-0 down and coming back to win 3-2 at snakes and ladders with your 6 year old.
Get in there.

WeeRussell
11-09-2017, 12:12 PM

Like it - but I don't recommend trying that in Amsterdam. I don't think it would be a win, as they don't seem to bother slowing down!

snooky
11-09-2017, 01:32 PM
When you hit an almighty downpour just as your car approaches a swarm of lycra-lingeried cyclists miles from shelter.
That's when you know there really is a God.

Kinda like yesterday :wink:

Scouse Hibee
11-09-2017, 01:32 PM
When the guy alongside you is revving his engine and edging forward at a red light and you just know he wants to beat you off the mark. Then a cyclist appears and positions themselves right in front of him, the lights change and you gracefully pull away as he is stuck behind the cyclist.

snooky
11-09-2017, 01:40 PM
When the guy alongside you is revving his engine and edging forward at a red light and you just know he wants to beat you off the mark. Then a cyclist appears and positions themselves right in front of him, the lights change and you gracefully pull away as he is stuck behind the cyclist.

Or if the car next to you at lights starts the revving challenge, join in and get him up to a fever pitch. when the lights change quietly slip in to 1st and drive off slowly as he screams away like a total maniac, hopefully within the view of some rozzers.