PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know off the so called Hibs fan in this story

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 03:54 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-fan-hit-friend-with-chair-during-derby-brawl-1-4483542

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Turnip Heid

Fuzzywuzzy
22-06-2017, 04:08 PM
This was the embarrassing video that did the rounds a while back. Pavement dancers. Don't recall seeing a chair being thrown. Group of hearts fans acting like Fannie's tried to run in to the bar followed by a Mexican stand off dance off. Len Goodman would definitely not have given a 7

Keyser Sauzee
22-06-2017, 04:29 PM
How's he a "so called Hibs fan"??? An ******** yes but that doesn't make him less a fan than u or me.

DavidDavidGray
22-06-2017, 04:41 PM
How's he a "so called Hibs fan"??? An ******** yes but that doesn't make him less a fan than u or me.

Cause true fans of a club don't go around embarrassing that clubs name by hitting people in the head with chairs because they support a different football team

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Cause true fans of a club don't go around embarrassing that clubs name by hitting people in the head with chairs because they support a different football team

In a nutshell.

Since90+2
22-06-2017, 04:56 PM

If its the same video that was doing the rounds a few months back it looked to me like a group of about 20 Hearts fans attacked about half a dozen Hibs fans in a boozer.

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 05:02 PM
This was the embarrassing video that did the rounds a while back. Pavement dancers. Don't recall seeing a chair being thrown. Group of hearts fans acting like Fannie's tried to run in to the bar followed by a Mexican stand off dance off. Len Goodman would definitely not have given a 7

Thought the pavement dancers in the video were young guys.
The EEN names the idiot as Terence Gilmour, 34.
Maybe 34 is the number of brain cells in his heid rather than his age.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 05:06 PM

That's not what happened though is it. They were in the pub and were attacked by hearts fans trying to get in. I've no idea how the incident occurred, but I managed to work out that what you said was wrong by simply reading the article.

mcohibs
22-06-2017, 05:17 PM
That's not what happened though is it. They were in the pub and were attacked by hearts fans trying to get in. I've no idea how the incident occurred, but I managed to work out that what you said was wrong by simply reading the article.

But he did repeatedly bring down a chair on the head of someone he believed to support a different football team... What part of what DDG said is wrong?

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 05:21 PM
But he did repeatedly bring down a chair on the head of someone he believed to support a different football team... What part of what DDG said is wrong?

The part that his only reason was that he supported another team. That statement would suggest that the attack was random. The circumstances described in the article suggest that they were being attacked at the time.
I wasn't there and I don't know what really happened so I prefer not to condemn or criticise without full knowledge of the facts.

fat freddy
22-06-2017, 05:22 PM
I was in The IB a few weeks after the incident, I asked the barmaid about it and she told me there was a small group of Hibs fans bevvying, hearts fans were hanging around outside waiting for them to come out but the cops were watching the pub as both sets of fans were casual types. When the cops changed shifts the pub was no longer being watched and thats when the hearts guys attacked. The Hibs fans were really only defending themselves, none of them are angels but the barmaid insisted that they were well behaved and not looking for trouble until they were attacked.

mcohibs
22-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Sorry but repeatedly hammering a chair off someone's dome I wouldn't class as defending themselves. Especially if that person in fact turns out to be your mate you're accidentally hitting (and therefore unlikely to have provoked you to do so).

Pete
22-06-2017, 05:31 PM
What's the point of this thread?

The guy had been identified and charged so apart from name calling from the safety of a message board I don't see why we need something like this.

Pete
22-06-2017, 05:32 PM
I was in The IB a few weeks after the incident, I asked the barmaid about it and she told me there was a small group of Hibs fans bevvying, hearts fans were hanging around outside waiting for them to come out but the cops were watching the pub as both sets of fans were casual types. When the cops changed shifts the pub was no longer being watched and thats when the hearts guys attacked. The Hibs fans were really only defending themselves, none of them are angels but the barmaid insisted that they were well behaved and not looking for trouble until they were attacked.

There you go.

easty
22-06-2017, 05:34 PM
Sorry but repeatedly hammering a chair off someone's dome I wouldn't class as defending themselves. Especially if that person in fact turns out to be your mate you're accidentally hitting (and therefore unlikely to have provoked you to do so).

But he thought he was hitting one of the hearts fans who was attacking him, so he obviously believed he was defending himself.

superfurryhibby
22-06-2017, 05:34 PM

Just compound the idiocy, the stupid radge was actually assaulting his friend. You could'nt make it up.

Pete
22-06-2017, 05:42 PM
But he thought he was hitting one of the hearts fans who was attacking him, so he obviously believed he was defending himself.

He didn't follow the correct procedure that a real fan would use.

You block the attacks from the Hearts thugs then stand with your hand out and say "please desist from your violent course of action or I will inform an officer of the law".

It's his own fault that he's being judged so harshly.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 05:50 PM

You weren't there so you don't know what happened or what the circumstances were. All I'm saying is the didn't just attack a fan of another club because he didn't support the same team as him.
It sounds to me as if it was 2 lots of football casuals fighting and a case of mistaken identity.
These guys take things like this as a hazard of the job.

CMurdoch
22-06-2017, 05:54 PM
What's the point of this thread?

The guy had been identified and charged so apart from name calling from the safety of a message board I don't see why we need something like this.

It is the close season, the board is quiet.
Accordingly this Stevie Wonder of the druggy ned world is fair game for cowardly saving his own skin by pretending to be a Hearts fan and assaulting a fellow Hibee with more vigour than they had agreed.

Since90+2
22-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Accordingly this Stevie Wonder of the druggy ned world is fair game for cowardly saving his own skin by pretending to be a Hearts fan and assaulting a fellow Hibee with more vigour than they had agreed.

What are you waffling on about :faf:

Pete
22-06-2017, 06:01 PM

You could have just started a signing rumour.

Stevie May?

JohnMcM
22-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Thought the pavement dancers in the video were young guys.
The EEN names the idiot as Terence Gilmour, 34.
Maybe 34 is the number of brain cells in his heid rather than his age.

:faf::thumbsup::faf::thumbsup::faf::thumbsup:

mcohibs
22-06-2017, 06:27 PM
You weren't there so you don't know what happened or what the circumstances were. All I'm saying is the didn't just attack a fan of another club because he didn't support the same team as him.
It sounds to me as if it was 2 lots of football casuals fighting and a case of mistaken identity.
These guys take things like this as a hazard of the job.

Agreed I wasn't there, I'm just going on what the article stated. And if the info published is correct then the boy's actions were wrong regardless of why he done it. That'll be why he's getting done for assault.

Jones28
22-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Is it any surprise that these ****ing doughnuts would do something like this? How many strikes with a chair does it take to realise it's your pal you're battering?

Repeatedly hitting someone in the head isn'y self defence btw.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Agreed I wasn't there, I'm just going on what the article stated. And if the info published is correct then the boy's actions were wrong regardless of why he done it. That'll be why he's getting done for assault.
I'm not disputing whether he was right or wrong. My original post which you quoted was that he had hit the guy purely because he thought he was a jambo. There was clearly an incident going on and that statement was wrong.

mcohibs
22-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Thought you were implying that somehow made it less of an offence, misunderstanding on my part 👍

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Thought you were implying that somehow made it less of an offence, misunderstanding on my part 👍
No not all mate. I was only going on what I read in the article. The guy pleaded guilty so he obviously accepted what he did was wrong.

CMurdoch
23-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Amusing wee comment on Jambo KB re this
"The offender used to live in my square.
One of those bairns who used to blow bogey bubbles out his beak. He's from a long line of so called hard men (him not being one of them) anyone who's drank in the Rainbow or one of the many pubs in corstorphine will know who I'm on about"

I remember bogey bubble kids when growing up in the late 60's and early 70's. Yuck.

:greengrin:wink:

SRHibs
23-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Terry Gilmour, lol. Aye, I know his wee brother. They are very much alike.

hibs#1
23-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Is it any surprise that these ****ing doughnuts would do something like this? How many strikes with a chair does it take to realise it's your pal you're battering?

Repeatedly hitting someone in the head isn'y self defence btw.

Out of interest what exactly qualifies as self defence?

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Reasonable force required to defend yourself, though it's a legal minefield and defending yourself can also prove to be unlawful

Deansy
23-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Think it's the guy in the white-top at 00:25 into the vid -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1noODLaNKI

Ends-up on his a*** at least twice :faf:

CMurdoch
23-06-2017, 03:56 PM

In a case like this, if a guy came at you and you defended yourself by striking him with a chair that would be fine. However, If he falls to the ground and you then repeatedly whack him about the bonce with the chair it becomes assault because you are no longer defending yourself

CMurdoch
23-06-2017, 04:01 PM

and his shoe comes off :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
23-06-2017, 04:17 PM

Guy in the white top is a jambo?

livi hibs 1875
23-06-2017, 04:36 PM
From that video. does it not show a group of Jambos attacking a group oh hibs boys having a beer . At the end yes the boys went for a scrap but only after being attacked. Or is it the other way round

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2017, 05:35 PM
In a case like this, if a guy came at you and you defended yourself by striking him with a chair that would be fine. However, If he falls to the ground and you then repeatedly whack him about the bonce with the chair it becomes assault because you are no longer defending yourself

Sadly not as simple as that, using the chair as a weapon would have to be considered reasonable it"s a whole can of worms at court.

ancient hibee
23-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Much simpler in Florida where I as householder shoot one of two burglars dead and the other burglar is charged with the murder.No room for wimps there.

FilipinoHibs
23-06-2017, 09:55 PM
I go with the barman's story, closest to the action.

SRHibs
23-06-2017, 09:57 PM
I know a lot of the family and I'm pretty certain the lot of them are Jambos.

fat freddy
23-06-2017, 10:01 PM
I go with the barman's story, closest to the action.

Barmaid...and she's a Jambo