PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lafferty

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hibee87
22-06-2017, 09:24 AM
I know his name was brought up, pretty sure it was just names being thrown about as I dont recall hibs ever being properly linked with him.
Either way, looks like our chums over the road are looking to make him their highest player.

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 09:35 AM
PLEEEEEEASE let that mob sign him. He's actually brutal.

Andy74
22-06-2017, 09:40 AM

He's not. He'd be a top player in this league.

People go on about Boyce. He's got about 3 years to make up to the 20 international goals Lafferty has.

easty
22-06-2017, 09:42 AM
He's not. He'd be a top player in this league.

People go on about Boyce. He's got about 3 years to make up to the 20 international goals Lafferty has.

I cannae stand Lafferty, but I'd rather he didn't sign for them. He'd be a good signing for any SPL side other than Celtc.

Steve20
22-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Lafferty would be a decent signing. Certainly better than the strikers we've been linked with.

Time we were bringing in a forward as we still need about three

Sean1875
22-06-2017, 09:53 AM
5 goals in the last 3 seasons. Good luck to them.

Aldo
22-06-2017, 09:56 AM
I be happy for us to sign Lafferty! I do however suspect the yams to be interested given the current NI links at them with McPhee. I really cannot see them making many quality signings given the shortfall of the mega stand!

We shall however see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsmad
22-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Honestly don't know how successful he would be.

I don't want Hibs signing him, however I would be concerned if they did!

I know that doesn't make much sense but there you go.

lapsedhibee
22-06-2017, 10:02 AM
our chums over the road are looking to make him their highest player

Possibly even highest ever player. Robbo would be the lowest, Nade the widest. Chris Shevlane the gingerest?

Forza Fred
22-06-2017, 10:04 AM
The availability of strikers appears limited.

We are never going to get universal agreement on whom we should sign on our budget.

I'd take him.......I'm flat out trying to think of who we CAN get.

snooky
22-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Lafferty would be a decent signing. Certainly better than the strikers we've been linked with.

Time we were bringing in a forward as we still need about three

Yer having a Lafferty surely? :wink:

Super_JMcGinn
22-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Anyone that scores 20 goals for NI can't be described as brutal. I remember him at Rangers and he always put himself about and was a handful, here's hoping he's not the same player.

California-Hibs
22-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Have to disagree. The guys a complete prick, definitely goes without saying, but he showed at Rangers that he can score goals. Yes it was a while ago, but I still feel he'd have more than enough for this league and would also give their dressing room the kick up the arse, arrogant nature that I hope we don't see for a long time yet!

Pretty Boy
22-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Lafferty would be a good signing for almost any Premiership team, pretending otherwise is daft.

I'd rather they didn't sign him.

Ryan69
22-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Lafferty would be a good signing for almost any Premiership team, pretending otherwise is daft.

I'd rather they didn't sign him.

I cant figure out what people see in him really.

Even when he was younger at Rangers(RIP)....He was rubbish.

Where has he been playing anyway?
I know he was at Sion for abit. But where else?

Diclonius
22-06-2017, 10:34 AM
How the **** can Hearts afford Kyle Lafferty?

Onceinawhile
22-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Honestly don't know how successful he would be.

I don't want Hibs signing him, however I would be concerned if they did!

I know that doesn't make much sense but there you go.

I agree with this tbf.

SirDavidsNapper
22-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Would be a terrific signing for them to be honest

Big_Franck
22-06-2017, 10:39 AM
I cant figure out what people see in him really.

Even when he was younger at Rangers(RIP)....He was rubbish.

Where has he been playing anyway?
I know he was at Sion for abit. But where else?

Agreed, he was p1sh at the old rangers although I haven't seen much of him since. Soccerbase shows he's scored 7 goals in club football in the last 3 seasons.

He'll hopefully get one of their famous 3 year contracts on good money.

Gordy M
22-06-2017, 10:47 AM
If we were linked with a striker who had scored 7 goals in 3 seasons.....this place would explode, but now the yams are after him it would be a good signing...really!!!??

Andy74
22-06-2017, 10:50 AM
If we were linked with a striker who had scored 7 goals in 3 seasons.....this place would explode, but now the yams are after him it would be a good signing...really!!!??

I'd take him here in a second.

I don't really care about the recent record. It's what he would do playing in this league that matters. Scored about 1 in 3 for Rangers even though he was more of the target man. He's also NIs second top scorer ever.

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Have to say I'm shocked so many rate him. I just think he's crap. 5 goals in 3 years someone has posted! If true I'm sorry I hope he goes to them.

Opinions I suppose!

The_Horde
22-06-2017, 11:03 AM
The next next Connor Sammon (beside the other new guy) they're welcome to him!

lucky
22-06-2017, 11:04 AM
He will be a decent signing for them. They seem to like experienced players and the players they are signing should make them competitive in the top 6

rodhibs55
22-06-2017, 11:28 AM
How the **** can Hearts afford Kyle Lafferty?

Money from the kids entrance fee for the auction.

greenlex
22-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Poor mans Lee Miller.

NOLA
22-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Meanwhile who are we linked with [emoji52]

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I can't stand the guy. I couldn't care less if hearts sign him, as long as we don't. His club form for some reason has never been anywhere near as good as his international form.

Since90+2
22-06-2017, 11:54 AM
He is a decent player but his goalscoring record over the last few years is abysmal and he will be wanting mega money relative to what Hear7s normally pay.

frazeHFC
22-06-2017, 11:59 AM
He'd be the perfect fit for them. Ambrose would have him in his back pocket in derbies.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 12:01 PM
He'd be the perfect fit for them. Ambrose would have him in his back pocket in derbies.
I was just thinking that, he's a typical hearts type of player.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2017, 12:04 PM
[emoji106]

And done nothing for a while except age, when you save up for players in a big red coo statue this sort of thing happens.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 12:10 PM
[emoji106]

And done nothing for a while except age, when you save up for players in a big red coo statue this sort of thing happens.

His signing on fee will be a piece of string with a magnet tied onto it and 5 minutes with the coo.

oldbutdim
22-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Presumably they will mark out three disabled parking bays outside the ground so the fool can park his Bentley across them and save walking a few yards.

This cretin is a perfect match for a team of weirdos,

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2017, 12:23 PM
His signing on fee will be a piece of string with a magnet tied onto it and 5 minutes with the coo.
That'll be good to watch.

According to some, he couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
22-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Agreed, he was p1sh at the old rangers although I haven't seen much of him since. Soccerbase shows he's scored 7 goals in club football in the last 3 seasons.

He'll hopefully get one of their famous 3 year contracts on good money.

Let's be honest here, he wasn't hardly pish at Rangers. 31 goals, with a ratio of almost 1:3.

lord bunberry
That'll be good to watch.

According to some, he couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
You could almost make a game show out of it. :greengrin

Lee Marvin
Hibs apparently also interested according to some sources

brog
22-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Hibs apparently also interested according to some sources

If we sign him then great, wonder signing of an international star & a big GIRFUY to the Yams. If they sign him it just reinforces my loathing of KL as a useless, rabid piece of ****** who's obviously been signed to replace Tom Daley Walker as diver in chief! I like to think I'm pretty fair in my assessments of our supposed targets! :wink:

Deansy
22-06-2017, 02:04 PM
No way would I want to see Lafferty in a Hibs-jersey - quite simply, he represents everything that is bad/rotten about the game.

percy veer
22-06-2017, 02:13 PM
tbf he did single handidly get northern Ireland to the last euros

Big_Franck
22-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Let's be honest here, he wasn't hardly pish at Rangers. 31 goals, with a ratio of almost 1:3.

He scored at a ratio of about 3 goals in every 10 games for an old Rangers side that spent serious money by Scottish terms and dominated most games. He was gash for Rangers and is hopefully still gash now.

vuefrom1875
22-06-2017, 02:24 PM

Perfect fit for the Tramps.

mentalhibee
22-06-2017, 02:28 PM
I'd take him at hibs, decent player especially at spl level.

neil7908
22-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Haven't seen him play club football in ages but if he can recreate his international form he'll be a tremendous signing for anyone in Scotland outwith Celtic

hibbysam
22-06-2017, 03:10 PM
tbf he did single handidly get northern Ireland to the last euros

Exactly what I was just about to post. Say what you want about him, and I've not followed him to understand his lack of goals at club level recently, but watching him for NI and saying 'he's ****' is strange, the guy was on a one man mission to get them to the finals and seemed to score nearly every game for them.

bingo70
22-06-2017, 03:19 PM
It'd really piss the hearts fans off if we sign him from under their nose so for that reason I'm in.......

I wouldn't worry about him signing for hearts as Cathro will drain the life out of that changing room, regardless of who they've got in their team.

California-Hibs
22-06-2017, 03:30 PM
He scored at a ratio of about 3 goals in every 10 games for an old Rangers side that spent serious money by Scottish terms and dominated most games. He was gash for Rangers and is hopefully still gash now.

As others are pointing out. He's far from gash. His exploits for Northern Ireland have been very impressive too. Wouldn't want him playing against us.

EH54
22-06-2017, 03:32 PM
He will be a decent signing whoever he goes to in Scotland. Can't stand him but I'm sure if we signed him that would change. It did with Lennon. Looking like he will go to Hearts and he will improve them and be a decent signing.

makaveli1875
22-06-2017, 03:36 PM
He's way better than any strikers we have on our books . On another level to be honest . Id be happy if we signed him and hope to **** he doesnt end up at the **** bags

tamig
22-06-2017, 03:36 PM
If we sign him then great, wonder signing of an international star & a big GIRFUY to the Yams. If they sign him it just reinforces my loathing of KL as a useless, rabid piece of ****** who's obviously been signed to replace Tom Daley Walker as diver in chief! I like to think I'm pretty fair in my assessments of our supposed targets! :wink:

All bases perfectly covered :-)

-Jonesy-
22-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Horrible cheating diving rotten Hun bar steward, a perfect match for them

Allant1981
22-06-2017, 04:25 PM
for a striker his goals tally is pretty poor, decent footballer though

Heisenberg
22-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Kenny Millar has tweeted saying he was told "no" when he asked if there anything in the Hibs chat.

HibbyAndy
22-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Well suited to Hearts , He's a cheating diving sneakily little elbow throwing ****!!!! That incident with Charlie Mulgrew when Mulgrew never touched him and Kyle Laugh at me threw himself to the ground confirmed it for me what a complete welt he is

Big_Franck
22-06-2017, 05:22 PM
As others are pointing out. He's far from gash. His exploits for Northern Ireland have been very impressive too. Wouldn't want him playing against us.

His record with Northern Ireland is very good there is no denying that, but then so were David Healy's and Michael Misfud's international records.

Lafferty's scoring record over the last 3 years at club level has been abysmal though, there is no denying that either.

calumhibee1
22-06-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't want him at Hibs because he's a dick and I don't think he's particularly good, however I think he'd be one of Hearts better forwards in the past ten years (not hard mind) so I hope they don't sign him either.

Velma Dinkley
22-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Kyle Laugh at me. He's done well at international level, which is not where Hibs compete. He's not been good at club level, even at a Rangers spending far, far outwith its means. He wanted to sign for The Rangers. Looks unlikely now.

Treadstone
22-06-2017, 06:13 PM
He's a player on the downgrade. He wasn't scoring goals at club level because he was too good. Hope he goes to Hearts as I doubt he'd represent value for money.

Pete70
22-06-2017, 07:28 PM
If we're serious about getting a striker to score goals, do we really want someone who has only scored 7 in the past 3 seasons?
Regardless of who he is or his international record, that form isn't good enough for this league.

Borderhibbie76
22-06-2017, 07:51 PM
He's way better than any strikers we have on our books . On another level to be honest . Id be happy if we signed him and hope to **** he doesnt end up at the **** bags
Not hard as we currently have Murray and Graham on our books

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

madhatter
22-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Not hard as we currently have Murray and Graham on our books

A little harsh on Murray, hasn't kicked s ball for us yet. I'd imagine Graham might be offloaded shortly.

Borderhibbie76
22-06-2017, 07:58 PM
A little harsh on Murray, hasn't kicked s ball for us yet. I'd imagine Graham might be offloaded shortly.
I think Murray is a decent enough signing but he isn't in the same mould as Lafferty (d@@k or not) and Graham we can only hope is a goner..we need 2 maybe 3 strikers in deffo

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2017, 08:09 PM
tbf he did single handidly get northern Ireland to the last eurosWas he playing 1v11 like?

He scored their goals. There was much more to their team than him.

Andy74
22-06-2017, 08:37 PM
If we're serious about getting a striker to score goals, do we really want someone who has only scored 7 in the past 3 seasons?
Regardless of who he is or his international record, that form isn't good enough for this league.

He hasn't been playing in this league though so that doesn't make any sense.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Yet Scott Allan's form or rather lack of it in this league is good enough!

The Captain....
22-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Have to say I'm shocked so many rate him. I just think he's crap. 5 goals in 3 years someone has posted! If true I'm sorry I hope he goes to them.

Opinions I suppose!

I seriously doubt we're looking at Kyle Lafferty so it's all academic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-06-2017, 08:45 PM
I personally think that anyone who believes that he wouldn't be a decent signing for them is kidding themselves on.

He's certainly nothing special but he's more than capable of scoring a decent amount in the Scottish Premiership.

Pete70
22-06-2017, 08:48 PM
He hasn't been playing in this league though so that doesn't make any sense.

My point was would we want a striker who has only scored 7 goals in 3 seasons.

Pete70
22-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Yet Scott Allan's form or rather lack of it in this league is good enough!

We need a couple strikers who can score goals. I happen to think Scott Allan is a good player but isn't a striker

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 08:53 PM
I personally think that anyone who believes that he wouldn't be a decent signing for them is kidding themselves on.

He's certainly nothing special but he's more than capable of scoring a decent amount in the Scottish Premiership.
Is he? I've not seen anything that leads me to think that he would be a success in this league. He's already had a go in this league and he was terrible.

Andy74
22-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Is he? I've not seen anything that leads me to think that he would be a success in this league. He's already had a go in this league and he was terrible.

1 in 3 is terrible? We'd take that.

WhileTheChief..
22-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I seriously doubt we're looking at Kyle Lafferty so it's all academic.

Agreed. He just isn't the kind of player that Hibs would go for.

Andy74
22-06-2017, 09:00 PM
My point was would we want a striker who has only scored 7 goals in 3 seasons.

Depends what league that was in relative to ours and how many games they played. How they did at this level before is also relevant.

If they were one of their countries top scorers of all time and still looking impressive in international football that would be of interest too.

I'm not sure Stokes' record is much better. I'm sure a few would take him too.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2017, 09:01 PM
We need a couple strikers who can score goals. I happen to think Scott Allan is a good player but isn't a striker

We both know he isn't a striker, the point about previous form is relevant though.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 09:11 PM
1 in 3 is terrible? We'd take that.
1 in 3 in a team where the other strikers were far more prolific than him. Kris Boyd out scored him as did kenny miller. Anyone looking back at his time at Rangers and claiming it to be successful are deluding themselves. For some unknown reason he has managed to score goals at international level, but he has never emulated that form at club level.

Andy74
22-06-2017, 09:28 PM
1 in 3 in a team where the other strikers were far more prolific than him. Kris Boyd out scored him as did kenny miller. Anyone looking back at his time at Rangers and claiming it to be successful are deluding themselves. For some unknown reason he has managed to score goals at international level, but he has never emulated that form at club level.

I'd expect those two to outscore him too.

As more of a target man he must have being doing something right to score about 30 in 100 games or so and help two other strikers to score more than that as well.

Hibernia&Alba
22-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Hated the guy ever since he feigned the head butt against Aberdeen. In fact, I hated him before then. Horrible, sleekit guy who constantly badgers referees and dives.

lord bunberry
22-06-2017, 09:41 PM
I'd expect those two to outscore him too.

As more of a target man he must have being doing something right to score about 30 in 100 games or so and help two other strikers to score more than that as well.
Did you remember watching him at the time? He was dreadful despite what any statistics say.
I hope he signs for hearts and not us.

madabouthibs
22-06-2017, 09:55 PM
A 1 goal per 3 games average amounts to about 13 goals a season in our league, not exactly a top striker rate. I'll be having a wee quiet s****** if he signs for them, and a big old guffaw if it's for 3 years! 😁

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2017, 10:25 PM
A 1 goal per 3 games average amounts to about 13 goals a season in our league, not exactly a top striker rate. I'll be having a wee quiet s****** if he signs for them, and a big old guffaw if it's for 3 years! 😁The most O'Connor scored in a league season for Hibs was 14 and he was a top striker for us.

Have a laugh if he signs for them AND fails miserably, not before, because you won't be laughing if he scores against us.

poolman
22-06-2017, 10:35 PM
For what it's worth

I'd hate to see that git in a Hibs Jersey

MacGruber
23-06-2017, 05:43 AM
He's not signed for Hearts yet. He is meeting Budge today. Others interested so will take a big offer - from a good source!

JimBHibees
23-06-2017, 06:30 AM

I think he will be a decent signing whoever signs him. Proven in this league.

Treadstone
23-06-2017, 08:29 AM
The most O'Connor scored in a league season for Hibs was 14 and he was a top striker for us.

Have a laugh if he signs for them AND fails miserably, not before, because you won't be laughing if he scores against us.

High watermark for Lafferty was 11 league goals in a title winning season. 6, 7 and 7 was his return in the other seasons. Think people getting carried away with his Norn Irn return a couple of seasons ago.

Andy74
23-06-2017, 08:37 AM
High watermark for Lafferty was 11 league goals in a title winning season. 6, 7 and 7 was his return in the other seasons. Think people getting carried away with his Norn Irn return a couple of seasons ago.

He's their second top scorer ever - that's not just a return a couple of years ago.

mutley
23-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Just on Scotland today, KL being shown around Tynecastle, and apparently "one other Scottish club, and two in England " are also interested .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thecat23
23-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Just on Scotland today, KL being shown around Tynecastle, and apparently "one other Scottish club, and two in England " are also interested .

Isn't it Hibs that's the other Scottish club? I hope not but sure I read that somewhere on twitter.

LancsHibs
23-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Sky Sports News says it's us

CapitalGreen
23-06-2017, 05:31 PM
He's their second top scorer ever - that's not just a return a couple of years ago.

Their highest scorer ever is David Healy who managed 5 in 25 for Rangers.

Thecat23
23-06-2017, 05:31 PM

David Healy done well for NI but he was rotten club level. Lafferty is the same, he's lazy as well.

Thecat23
23-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Posted pretty much the same as you at the same time. 👍🏼

truehibernian
23-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Posted pretty much the same as you at the same time. 👍🏼

I simply don't want anyone at Hibernian who dresses as badly as Lafferty. I'd happily stand behind his Mrs in the queue for chips mind :greengrin

For non footballing reasons I wouldn't want him anywhere near Hibs too TC.

Ozyhibby
23-06-2017, 06:09 PM
I hope it's us. I think we are going to sign a target man striker anyway and he is a decent one. I think he's capable of about 10 goals a season and is a big strong lad who is quick.

keep the faith
23-06-2017, 06:14 PM
I hope it's us. I think we are going to sign a target man striker anyway and he is a decent one. I think he's capable of about 10 goals a season and is a big strong lad who is quick.

I would want more than 10 goals a season from the wage we would be paying him.

DH1875
23-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Having met the guy I can confirm that he is 100% a bell end. Never rated him at rangers and no idea why so many on here rate him, his record at club level ain't even that good.

Andy74
23-06-2017, 06:28 PM

He was a bit older then mind you.

I doubt we'd have been in a position to sign a 29 year old David Healy.

Anyway, Lafferty had a far better record in this league and its him we are talking about.

Thecat23
23-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I simply don't want anyone at Hibernian who dresses as badly as Lafferty. I'd happily stand behind his Mrs in the queue for chips mind :greengrin

For non footballing reasons I wouldn't want him anywhere near Hibs too TC.

😂😂

Onceinawhile
23-06-2017, 06:50 PM
I'd happily stand behind his Mrs in the queue for chips mind.

Only one place in Scotland for chips.

Ltyf.

Iggy Pope
23-06-2017, 07:10 PM
If he signs for Hearts I seriously hope we can get someone to play the Kevin McBride role very quickly

truehibernian
23-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Only one place in Scotland for chips.

Ltyf.

:greengrin

Globetrotter :aok:

Having to experience Tynie now and again through the season I can assure you that 1) Hibs win the 'Best WAGs' title and 2) I won't ever spend any of my hard earned at Tynecastle.......never given them one penny and even now they've hit the dizzy culinary heights of offering chips, I'll pass :greengrin :aok:

MyJo
23-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Im in two minds about this.

on one hand i reckon he would still score goals in this league and would be a decent addition to our squad. On the other he is a complete ****** that i would never be fully comfortable supporting if he did play for us.

Velma Dinkley
23-06-2017, 08:09 PM
He could link up well with Murray. We need 2 strikers. He wanted a to move back to Scotland so the wages might not be too high. Murray, Graham, Lafferty and Stokes?

Marco G
23-06-2017, 08:42 PM
He could link up well with Murray. We need 2 strikers. He wanted a to move back to Scotland so the wages might not be too high. Murray, Graham, Lafferty and Stokes?
Thought he wanted a move to Azerbajan? Played for NI there and their moneybags team made a good offer.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
23-06-2017, 08:48 PM

Can't imagine Stokes and Lafferty getting on very well. I know who i'd rather have if given the choice.

Velma Dinkley
23-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Scotland is his preference due to family reasons. But he may well venture abroad for loads of cash. I would!

Andy74
23-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Can't imagine Stokes and Lafferty getting on very well. I know who i'd rather have if given the choice.

Why wouldn't they get on?

truehibernian
23-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Scotland is his preference due to family reasons. But he may well venture abroad for loads of cash. I would!

Don't want him anywhere near Hibernian Football Club - couldn't care less where he wants to play or what his reasons are - just not anywhere near our club thanks :aok:

Velma Dinkley
23-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Don't want him anywhere near Hibernian Football Club - couldn't care less where he wants to play or what his reasons are - just not anywhere near our club thanks :aok:

I don't care what you care about 😁

truehibernian
23-06-2017, 09:01 PM
I don't care what you care about 😁

We're in agreement :greengrin :aok:

SquashedFrogg
23-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Why wouldn't they get on?

Actually a very good question :agree:

SRHibs
23-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Actually a very good question :agree:

Well, I'm sure we all know about Stokes and his 'acquaintances'. I don't think Lafferty has any interest in that side of things from what I've read, though.

Velma Dinkley
23-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Lafferty's wife's sister is married to Darren O'Dea. They all get on very well. Don't know about Stokes but he scores goals and his barnet has improved.

O'Rourke3
23-06-2017, 09:45 PM
DOF pick or non goalpost genius.? Hard to decide.

macca70
23-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Lafferty's wife's sister is married to Darren O'Dea. They all get on very well. Don't know about Stokes but he scores goals and his barnet has improved.

Yeah, 4 or 5 sisters, 1 married to Darren O'Dea and 1 to Kyle Lafferty.

Heard today from Budgies, dog's, sisters milkman that Lafferty had signed a 2 year deal with Hearts.

Velma Dinkley
23-06-2017, 10:05 PM
5 sisters. When it comes to budgies, dogs, sisters and milkmen I always take them with a pinch of salt. Really helps to bring out the flavour.

G B Young
26-06-2017, 10:57 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40405383

H18 SFR
26-06-2017, 11:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40405383

Happy we are showing an interest even if it just bumps up how much Hearts pay him each week to eat into their budget.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 11:11 AM
I make a point of supporting any player who pulls on the shirt but it'd be a tough ask in his case. Right down there with that Chad Evans guy as players I wouldnt want us to sign.

Andy74
26-06-2017, 11:12 AM
I make a point of supporting any player who pulls on the shirt but it'd be a tough ask in his case. Right down there with that Chad Evans guy as players I wouldnt want us to sign.

Read this sort of thing a few times but what has he done?

dchibs
26-06-2017, 11:12 AM
DOF pick or non goalpost genius.? Hard to decide.

Or perhaps the guy from shameless.

LancsHibs
26-06-2017, 11:14 AM
SSN reporting that Lafferty is having a second meeting with Hearts today and is expected to sign!

Gordy M
26-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Radio scotland at 12 said hibs hope to sign Lafferty on free transfer......unless they made a mistake and meant hearts?

G B Young
26-06-2017, 11:23 AM
SSN reporting that Lafferty is having a second meeting with Hearts today and is expected to sign!

As a 'Rangers man' you'd imagine his instinct would be to sign for Hearts, although I guess the Lennon/NI connection might hold some sway.

Bostonhibby
26-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't be too excited if we got him. I'd prefer if he ended up at the gorgie horseshoe and they paid over the top.

IanM

hasn't raped anyone either
he'd do more tan fine for us

bingo70

Played for rangers and dived after that 'clash' with Charlie mulgrew are the only two things I know of.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Played for rangers and dived after that 'clash' with Charlie mulgrew are the only two things I know of.

And that's about it. No evidence of any bigotry etc. It's just the fact he played for Rangers that is winding so many up.

Since90+2
26-06-2017, 11:36 AM
He will know Caveman MacPhee from the Northern Ireland setup so wont be surprised if he ends up at Hear7s.

Decent player but I have a feeling he might be the type of guy that once he's earned his coin (and he must have earned a few quid over the last decade) he wont be anywhere near the player he was when he was first breaking through in the game. If you compare his performances for Northern Ireland to his club form over the last few years it would certainly point towards that.

Captain Trips
26-06-2017, 11:40 AM
And that's about it. No evidence of any bigotry etc. It's just the fact he played for Rangers that is winding so many up.

The guy is a cheat and I am 100% ceriain we will have had posts on here about it at time when he pretended to be hit in face, I am sure I will have posted in that thread.

He will get my support if he signs but I do not have to like him.

R'Albin
26-06-2017, 11:40 AM

He does seem like a bit of a bellend. Not that I mind us signing bellends if they do a job for us.

I'm fairly certain he'll choose the Yams anyway so I don't think it matters.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 11:52 AM

He irritates me.

Andy74
26-06-2017, 12:08 PM
The guy is a cheat and I am 100% ceriain we will have had posts on here about it at time when he pretended to be hit in face, I am sure I will have posted in that thread.

He will get my support if he signs but I do not have to like him.

Like Fyvie then?

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Like Fyvie then?

Exactly.

snooky
26-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Like Fyvie then?

Don't care if they're as good as Messi - no downright cheats for me, thank you.
Next!

Sean1875
26-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Neither did Ched Evans, he was cleared in court.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Like Fyvie then?

Exactly.

snooky
26-06-2017, 12:28 PM

Too much sun, I suspect. :cool2:

oneone73
26-06-2017, 12:40 PM
He's the twat who parked his motor across two disabled bays because he was too arrogant to walk 20 yards. I fear he would ruin our dressing room camaraderie.

KeithTheHibby
26-06-2017, 12:42 PM

Yep Lafferty has similiar history to Evans right enough. :bitchy:

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Yep Lafferty has similiar history to Evans right enough. :bitchy:

I never said they were the same people, I said I don't want us to sign either of them. Or Fred West.

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 12:45 PM
This thread has went a tad mental!!!

Diclonius
26-06-2017, 12:47 PM
I would much rather he signed for us. Lafferty is the kind of player Hearts now lack in derbies.

bingo70
26-06-2017, 12:48 PM
He's the twat who parked his motor across two disabled bays because he was too arrogant to walk 20 yards. I fear he would ruin our dressing room camaraderie.

He did what? What a savage.

booooooooooo

Heisenberg
26-06-2017, 12:48 PM
So STV and BBC reporting we are interested. Sky reporting that he's meeting Hearts today and will probably sign as we couldn't agree personal terms with him. Looks like no one has a clue.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 12:50 PM

You may be right. Lewis Stevenson is very particular about adherence to parking etiquette. There could be scenes.

SunshineOnLeith
26-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Really hoping the talk of Hibs being interested is just his agent trying to squeeze a few more quid out of Hearts. Quite apart from anything else, he's a forward who seems to average about one goal a year in club football for the last few seasons.

We've just sold the guy who scores all of our goals - we need a goalscorer, not a bang average awkward lanky forward. We've still got Brian Graham to fill that role.

oneone73
26-06-2017, 12:52 PM
You may be right. Lewis Stevenson is very particular about adherence to parking etiquette. There could be scenes.

You not got elderly parents then? Not a joke for my old mum
Anyway, guy's an ********. Suits the Hertz.

Andy74
26-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Really hoping the talk of Hibs being interested is just his agent trying to squeeze a few more quid out of Hearts. Quite apart from anything else, he's a forward who seems to average about one goal a year in club football for the last few seasons.

We've just sold the guy who scores all of our goals - we need a goalscorer, not a bang average awkward lanky forward. We've still got Brian Graham to fill that role.

We've also lost Grant Holt.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 12:55 PM
You not got elderly parents then? Not a joke for my old mum
Anyway, guy's an ********. Suits the Hertz.

Did Lafferty block your mum in? I'm genuinely confused

Stevie Reid
26-06-2017, 12:55 PM
My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games - just checked Soccerbase and indeed he scored six goals in the final four matches of the season in 2010/11, which culminated in Rangers winning the league on the last day.

Definitely seems to be a big game player, and could see him being effective in derbies. If it came down to it, I'd rather he signed for us than them - especially if it's a straight choice - but he's a risk if being paid a very big wage, which I presume is the case.

He undoubtedly has quality though, and at 29 is a good age and has good experience. Could see him being effective for them in a similar way to Kevin Kyle.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 01:00 PM

Are you seriously saying Gaham is a better option than Lafferty? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Are you seriously saying Gaham is a better option than Lafferty? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He is if you want 24 hour access to your vehicle.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 01:04 PM

Maybe we could get a full time parking attendant put on at east mains just to make sure he doesn't park in Tam McCourt's spot? Wouldn't want this to be a deal breaker.

Iain G
26-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't be too excited if we got him. I'd prefer if he ended up at the gorgie horseshoe and they paid over the top.

Kyle seems quite a yammish name to me... :agree:

tamig
26-06-2017, 01:19 PM
My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games - just checked Soccerbase and indeed he scored six goals in the final four matches of the season in 2010/11, which culminated in Rangers winning the league on the last day.

Definitely seems to be a big game player, and could see him being effective in derbies. If it came down to it, I'd rather he signed for us than them - especially if it's a straight choice - but he's a risk if being paid a very big wage, which I presume is the case.

He undoubtedly has quality though, and at 29 is a good age and has good experience. Could see him being effective for them in a similar way to Kevin Kyle.
He won the league for them at ER in 2010 with the only goal. The East was being built at the time and we were decanted to the South Stand with the hun, who had also bought most of the main stand hospitality. Pandemonium in the west when Lafferty scored. He brushed Chris Hogg off as if he wasn't there for his goal. A pathetic attempt by Hogg.

GreenArmyyy!
26-06-2017, 01:30 PM
One of the old Rangers players I really detested with a passion. Rather not but I know he'd probably come back to haunt us so for that reason I'd take him if it stopped him going to Hearts.

Stevie Reid
26-06-2017, 01:34 PM
He won the league for them at ER in 2010 with the only goal. The East was being built at the time and we were decanted to the South Stand with the hun, who had also bought most of the main stand hospitality. Pandemonium in the west when Lafferty scored. He brushed Chris Hogg off as if he wasn't there for his goal. A pathetic attempt by Hogg.

Yeah I was at that game. Horrible top 6 home games for us - lost all three.

Sean1875
26-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Those first 2 paragraphs are pretty much exactly what my mate said about him who's a Rangers fan - he tended to do absolutely buggar all for the majority of the year but whenever it came close to transfer windows/end of season he would suddenly be busting a gut and scoring a few goals

Crazyhorse
26-06-2017, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Stevie Reid;5081343]My memory of him was that he didn't score many for Rangers, but had a habit of scoring important goals in big games

He was fairly poor for NI for years until Michael got the hold of him and sorted him out. I think he would relish playing against Sevco, Celtic and the jambos but overall his club form has been dire for a long time.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2017, 01:54 PM

:faf: :top marks

Captain Trips
26-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Like Fyvie then?

Yeah and Matty Jack all 3 cheats. Always get my support but do not have to like.

Brightside
26-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Im really hoping we don't get him....if we do its because we have missed out on our main targets.

Wilson
26-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Im really hoping we don't get him....if we do its because we have missed out on our main targets.

Who are...?

Billy Whizz
26-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Looking at his wiki page, hasn't scored many goals in the last 3 years

oneone73
26-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Aye ok, very good. Just me then that thinks not giving a damn about other people's disabilities says something about your character. Anyway, I'm out of this.

Diclonius
26-06-2017, 02:09 PM

So if Hearts sign him we should expect some good news shortly?

The Captain....
26-06-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm praying Hearts win this 'race' to the bottom quality wise. He is absolutely *****.

RossScott1991
26-06-2017, 02:19 PM
I'd only take Lafferty if it was guaranteed that we would be signing someone else to be our main striker.

I'd be pretty worried if we went into next season with Murray,Lafferty, Graham, Boyle and Shaw as our striker options.

Murray is Keatings replacement
Lafferty would be upgrade on a aging Holt
We would still need a 'goalscorer' to replace JC.

number9dream
26-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Never been prolific in front of goal. Hardly played club football over past 4 seasons. Huge risk for a big wage. Remarkable international record though.

Jim44
26-06-2017, 02:33 PM
I don't know if this is old news but I came across this in KB.

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

Northern Ireland international Lafferty was instrumental in Palermo’s promotion campaign from Serie B this season, but is on the verge of a move to Norwich.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to ===============================

This??
Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini said he’s selling Kyle Lafferty to Norwich because “he’s an out-of-control womaniser.”

Northern Ireland international Lafferty was instrumental in Palermo’s promotion campaign from Serie B this season, but is on the verge of a move to Norwich.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

Billychaotic182
26-06-2017, 02:45 PM
I doubt we are even in for him. Probably agent talk so when he does sign for hearts they will be able to say he turned down hibs to go to hearts and that will then get him over with the hearts fans

tamig
26-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I'd only take Lafferty if it was guaranteed that we would be signing someone else to be our main striker.

I'd be pretty worried if we went into next season with Murray,Lafferty, Graham, Boyle and Shaw as our striker options.

Murray is Keatings replacement
Lafferty would be upgrade on a aging Holt
We would still need a 'goalscorer' to replace JC.
Lafferty would be no upgrade on Grant Holt. Totally different type of player. We would still need a replacement for Holt even if the lanky Northern Irishman signs.

Smartie
26-06-2017, 02:47 PM
I don't know if this is old news but I came across this in KB.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to ===============================

This??

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

I like him a bit more now.

tamig
26-06-2017, 02:50 PM

A poor man's Leigh? Think he just trumps him on the number of families front 😀

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 02:54 PM

He sounds like he'd ride a barbers floor.

greenginger
26-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Just passed by Tynie a minutes ago. Bit of a gathering outside so asked what was up.

Kyle L. signing about to be announced seemingly.

Smartie
26-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Just passed by Tynie a minutes ago. Bit of a gathering outside so asked what was up.

I like him a bit less again.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 03:12 PM

Airdrie Jambo agrees.

Bostonhibby
26-06-2017, 03:13 PM

Have they found another owl?

Always likely to draw a big gathering of idiots.

Frogga
26-06-2017, 03:19 PM
My mate (a Celtic fan, yet trustworthy source) saw Lafferty leaving ER at lunch time today so he has obviously had talks with us.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-06-2017, 03:45 PM
He's back at tynecastle today for further talks.... im hearing hes going to them on a 3 year deal

Nemo
26-06-2017, 03:48 PM
He's back at tynecastle today for further talks.... im hearing hes going to them on a 3 year deal

Phew!! Thank F***

HibeeLR
26-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Dodged a bullet if that's the case 😁

Big_Franck
26-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Hopefully. Big outlay for them on someone who has barely scored a club goal in 3 years.

Hibstrooper
26-06-2017, 03:58 PM
His agent has played a blinder here. One way to squeeze more money out of Hearts, make them think that Hibs are interested. Do that by planting a couple of rumours in the press and it'll spread quickly from there

Waxy
26-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Sure all the defenders in the SPFL can deal with Kyle Laffatye.

Aldo
26-06-2017, 04:10 PM

They like handing out 3 year deals!!

Tbh they have a large goal void to fill with walker and roof scoring 25 between them. Lafferty and Goncalves won't score that between them

Callum_62
26-06-2017, 04:11 PM
decent signing for them if true

broondog
26-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Can confirm I saw Lafferty leaving Easter Road earlier today so there may be another twist to this.

Personally think he would be a great signing for us as much as I hate him. He won´t struggle in this league and will get goals. Given we now have the Cummings cash I would be amazed if the yams can outbid us. Fingers crossed we land him

GreenCastle
26-06-2017, 04:22 PM
His agent has played a blinder here. One way to squeeze more money out of Hearts, make them think that Hibs are interested. Do that by planting a couple of rumours in the press and it'll spread quickly from there

Was my thinking.

Only time will tell if he will score more than his previous clubs.

Would rather have Adam Rooney than him as Rooney will score more.

I think we can do better and get someone more prolific as our main striker.

The funny thing is Levein again trying to get a tall physical player - too predictable.

calumhibee1
26-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Can confirm I saw Lafferty leaving Easter Road earlier today so there may be another twist to this.

Personally think he would be a great signing for us as much as I hate him. He won´t struggle in this league and will get goals. Given we now have the Cummings cash I would be amazed if the yams can outbid us. Fingers crossed we land him

I want better for us and think we can get better. Our track record with strikers in recent years would suggest that. I would however say that I'd rather he didn't go to Hearts as he'll be a lot better than the huddies they've had the last ten years up top.

Borderhibbie76
26-06-2017, 04:25 PM
They like handing out 3 year deals!!

Tbh they have a large goal void to fill with walker and roof scoring 25 between them. Lafferty and Goncalves won't score that between them
And so do we...let's not kid ourselves this a ain't a decent signing for them...sadly...tho I wasn't fussed whether we signed him or not tbh

tamig
26-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Was my thinking.

Only time will tell if he will score more than his previous clubs.

Would rather have Adam Rooney than him as Rooney will score more.

I think we can do better and get someone more prolific as our main striker.

The funny thing is Levein again trying to get a tall physical player - too predictable.
Levein loved Land of the Giants as a boy. He carried that love on into his adult life.

Aldo
26-06-2017, 04:26 PM
And so do we...let's not kid ourselves this a ain't a decent signing for them...sadly Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd have happily seen him at ER but not sure he is worth breaking the bank over.

We are indeed in need of a couple of strikers and I trust LD and co to deliver.. They better!!

gillythehibby
26-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Fk him. Hun. Doesny score enuff goals anyway. Only wants back to THE Rangerz

Heisenberg
26-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Kenny Millar posted a story up saying he is due to meet Hibs for talks.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1201533/hibs-will-launch-a-last-gasp-bid-to-pip-edinburgh-rivals-hearts-to-the-signing-of-former-rangers-striker-kyle-lafferty/amp/

Andy74
26-06-2017, 04:39 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1201533/hibs-will-launch-a-last-gasp-bid-to-pip-edinburgh-rivals-hearts-to-the-signing-of-former-rangers-striker-kyle-lafferty/amp/

It's like Alan Gow all over again. :greengrin

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 04:39 PM
As much as I'm not fussed for him as I don't rate him, imagine how pissed off they would be if he signed for us!!

Aldo
26-06-2017, 04:43 PM
As much as I'm not fussed for him as I don't rate him, imagine how pissed off they would be if he signed for us!!

Yip imagine Whittaker and then KL!

Jim44
26-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Bit at the bottom of this article saying that Celtic will join Ipswich in a bid to get McGinn. I thouhjt some of our ITKers said that Rodgers wasn't interested in him. :rolleyes:

bigwheel

and if they both go the other way???..meltdown on here

Brightside

We should sign him then loan him out to Edin City

Aldo
26-06-2017, 04:45 PM
and if they both go the other way???..meltdown on here

Of course. Would you expect anything less! [emoji85]

Onion
26-06-2017, 04:45 PM
decent signing for them if true

Decent signing for us, if true.

He's an over-rated huddy who I always loved seeing in the Sevco side when playing against us.

Onion
26-06-2017, 04:47 PM

The Obsessives will pay over the odds to stop that happening. All part of Hibs, LD and Lennon's master plan :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
26-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we land Lafferty

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 04:50 PM
We should sign him then loan him out to Edin City

😂😂 That's a great shout!

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 04:51 PM

KB would go into meltdown mate.

RossScott1991
I don't want us to sign Lafferty anyway. As for Kenny Millar, beginning to think he makes up p**h as he goes along. If everything he said was true we'd have signed Whittaker, Stewart, Boyce and Moult by now. Total guess work from him.

Niffy
Bit at the bottom of this article saying that Celtic will join Ipswich in a bid to get McGinn. I thouhjt some of our ITKers said that Rodgers wasn't interested in him. :rolleyes:

BR has been quoted saying he only has one more signing target.

SirDavidsNapper
Lafferty would be a good signing for anyone in this league let's not kid ourselves

Velma Dinkley
26-06-2017, 04:53 PM
If Hibs and Hearts are both interested in signing Lafftery, Hearts will have to offer considerably more in wages to attract him. That club is a shambles from top to bottom so piles of cash milked from the fans would be the only lure. Or they could sign him as a trialist and not pay him anything.

Thecat23
The Obsessives will pay over the odds to stop that happening. All part of Hibs, LD and Lennon's master plan :greengrin

That's the thing, Potter would actually chuck everything at this deal to make sure Hibs don't sign him. They'd pay over the odds as well. Sad club who really just want to always get one up on us. The lad Bikey for an example!

Niffy
Whoever the erse signs for , expect quotes along the lines of "Team X wanted me but as soon as I spoke to Manager Y there was only one place I wanted to be, it's an exciting place and a good move for me."

JJP
26-06-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't want us to sign Lafferty anyway. As for Kenny Millar, beginning to think he makes up p**h as he goes along. If everything he said was true we'd have signed Whittaker, Stewart, Boyce and Moult by now. Total guess work from him.

...and Stokes.

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Lafferty would be a good signing for anyone in this league let's not kid ourselves

That's the thing I really don't think so. But again depends who is playing around him. I think he's lazy and his record isn't great either. But again I could be wrong and he does well there or here if he signs.

But I'd rather Moult from Motherwell if funds are there.

SirDavidsNapper
26-06-2017, 04:58 PM
That's the thing I really don't think so. But again depends who is playing around him. I think he's lazy and his record isn't great either. But again I could be wrong and he does well there or here if he signs.

But I'd rather Moult from Motherwell if funds are there.
Would absolutely prefer Moult

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
26-06-2017, 04:58 PM
We need two strikers anyway. Can't see graham staying around

Thecat23
26-06-2017, 05:00 PM

Kenny has very good info from ER. He only reports on targets he doesn't come out saying they will sign. That's football though. As for Whitty i don't think he can sign until after 30th like many players. Hopefully see a few faces in after that.

Jim44
Whoever the erse signs for , expect quotes along the lines of "Team X wanted me but as soon as I spoke to Manager Y there was only one place I wanted to be, it's an exciting place and a good move for me."

I don't think Laptop has got the ability to persuade a player to join them. It will be Levein, anyway, who will be their deal maker.

JJP
Count me in the camp that isn't convinced he would be a great signing for us. Looking at his career thus far I doubt he would bring the goals or work rate we require.

R'Albin
26-06-2017, 05:03 PM

Not really. Did he actually say that any of them would definitely sign?

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2017, 05:03 PM

Why would it be made up? Do you think every player that a club enquiries about or approaches, they get? You're lucky if a club will sign 10% of the players they have shortlisted (probably less)
For what it's worth, pretty sure all the names you mention weren't linked by Kenny. He wrote about Whittaker which still looks like it could happen but the rest I don't think was him. With Lafferty, he's advised that hibs have shown an interest, and that seems to be correct as a member of this forum bumped into Lennon at the weekend who told him that he was keen on Lafferty. Can't get a better source than that.
Kenny has got a decent reputation amongst hibs fans as he tends to have a good track record when it comes to hibs signings.

lord bunberry
26-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I really can't see what others are seeing in Lafferty. He was dreadful at rangers and he's been dreadful since he left.
The only time he's been decent is when he's been playing for his country. I hope he signs for that lot.

Stevie Reid
26-06-2017, 05:20 PM

I am by no means in the know but I would be pretty stunned if Celtic were to sign McGinn this summer. Don't see him improving them, and they're aiming for CL group stages.

neil7908
26-06-2017, 05:32 PM
I think he'd be a good signing for any SPL team out with Celtic. Really not a fan personality wise but let's be honest plenty of folk have played for Hibs that aren't paragons of virtue.

However, I wouldn't be chucking crazy money at him and certainly won't be devastated if he moves across town.

heretoday
26-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Absolutely.

SunshineOnLeith
26-06-2017, 05:51 PM

That's what I thought when Hearts signed Conor Sammon.

Velma Dinkley
26-06-2017, 06:02 PM
My mate was delivering fish to East Mains this morning and he said he saw Sammon there.

superfurryhibby
26-06-2017, 06:09 PM
That's what I thought when Hearts signed Conor Sammon.

My only real memory of Sammon was him giving Hanlon a beasting at ER during the Claderwood era. He made an iimpression that day. He has been gash since he came back to Scotland though. To be fair to Lafferty, he has a better pedigree, albeit his lack of club goals would concern me if he signed for us.

Smartie
26-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Lafferty could fill a number of our currently vacant roles -

Striker who doesn't get goals.
International playboy.
Scapegoat.
Reformed Hun.
Cheat, but he's our cheat.

It would be extra nice if he could fill the vacancy for -

Hammer of the Hearts, the one they let slip through their fingers.
20 goal a season striker.

Although I can't really see it.

The Spaceman
26-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Would be happy enough if he signed for us but genuinely not bothered if he signs for them :confused:

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2017, 06:46 PM
There's a few posts on facebook saying talks have broken down with the gimps over money?

Saturday Boy
26-06-2017, 06:47 PM
There's a few posts on facebook saying talks have broken down with the gimps over money?

I'd heard he was only at Tynecastle to get a refund on the owl he bought 😉

ColinNish
26-06-2017, 06:51 PM

Ha ha! 😂😂

Velma Dinkley
26-06-2017, 06:56 PM

How much were they asking him for?

LancsHibs
26-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Would love to sign him just to get the gunts spewing😈

WoreTheGreen
26-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Ha ha! 😂😂

Hope he's got a van to take home his signing on fee a second hand bath

Nemo
26-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Call me old fashioned but this "Last gasp" approach for KL doesn't line up with my hope that we had a plan to replace Cummings before he left

Scooter
26-06-2017, 07:15 PM

If that's the case then there's no chance they will get Allan Macgregor either

Bostonhibby
26-06-2017, 07:28 PM
[emoji23]

We should see if we can get the guy to sell us the owl. His missus is bound to have found out how carried away he got.

I'd rather gazump them on that than lafferty. Wondering where our quality striking targets are. Our budgets as good as it's been for a while.

Billychaotic182
26-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Don't like him as a person but he is a good footballer. Part of me wants to sign him just to annoy them hahq

Broken Gnome
26-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Kickback on why Lafferty would never pick Hibs over Hearts.

I'll paraphrase firstly - wee team.... Less money due to insufficient owls and baths for sale..... "They had a fractionally larger stadium, but that's about to be rectified."

Ozyhibby
26-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Call me old fashioned but this "Last gasp" approach for KL doesn't line up with my hope that we had a plan to replace Cummings before he left

I see Lafferty more as a replacement for Holt and he is a significant upgrade at that. If he signs. If he signs for them then he is mince.

WhileTheChief..
26-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Well suited to Hearts. They do like signing horrible huddy type players for some reason.

He'll be crap for them and I'm relieved he's not coming to us.

Aldo
26-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Kickback on why Lafferty would never pick Hibs over Hearts. I'll paraphrase firstly - wee team.... Less money due to insufficient owls and baths for sale..... "They had a fractionally larger stadium, but that's about to be rectified."

That last bit made me laugh out loud!!

They still don't get it do they??

Broken Gnome
26-06-2017, 08:09 PM
That last bit made me laugh out loud!!

They still don't get it do they??

Reminds me of the time they took a dirty bedsheet and scrawled black marker over it for a big team/wee team banner for a Tynecastle derby. All sorts of memorable Hearts achievements compared to inferior pishy Hibs ones. Such as 'League Titles - 4v4'.

Probably could've left it off, in hindsight.

Aldo
26-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Reminds me of the time they took a dirty bedsheet and scrawled black marker over it for a big team/wee team banner for a Tynecastle derby. All sorts of memorable Hearts achievements compared to inferior pishy Hibs ones. Such as 'League Titles - 4v4'. Probably could've left it off, in hindsight.

It's what big teams do apparrently!

Lee Marvin
26-06-2017, 08:12 PM

Just said same to my mates. That late ditch effort is quite worrying.