PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lafferty

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Jag7
29-06-2017, 10:31 AM
See his agents are having a wee laugh at our expense....Keith Gillespie on twitter

Maybe should send a link to Neil Lennon and Leanne

BegbieHSC
29-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Canna wait for Marv/Daz to snap the ****** at a packed out ER

Crazyhorse
29-06-2017, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=broondog;5084391]Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when I´ve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesn´t get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply can´t get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand

Lafferty went to the jambos because the are paying him more than we would offer. It is a big risk because while he has scored some good goals for NI his career (like David Healy's) has been largely a failure at club level. Judging by reports there were no serious discussions with Hibs but his agents seemed to have squeezed a relatively big wage out of hearts. If they are really paying £5k a week that is great because he isn't going to repay that, and if our 'interest' pushed his basic wage up that's even better.
Time for Hibs to move on and target better players than him.

Crab apple
29-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Maybe should send a link to Neil Lennon and Leanne

According to the Sun Gillespie was at East Mains yesterday and was embarrassed that Lafferty didn't show as expected. Anyone confirm? If true it further confirms that Lafferty is unmanageable. This was the reason given by Palermo for letting him go. He also fell out with McCoist at Sevco, and Alex Neil at Norwich. Oh and less than a year ago he was fined £23,000 by the FA for betting on matches. Let's see how him and Cathro get on.

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 10:57 AM
See his agents are having a wee laugh at our expense....Keith Gillespie on twitter

I've just tweeted him about it and he said it's tongue in cheek. Says relationship with Hibs is fantastic.

NAE NOOKIE
29-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Not quite.it´s based on watching him several times for Celtic who couldn´t wait to get rid of him. he´s done well at a lesser level but I don´t think he will make the step up IMO.

Personally I think Hanlon and McGregor are two of the best Scottish centre halves at the moment and I would play both in front of Ambrose any day.

Hence why in terms of value added to the team Lafferty would have been a better acquisition

Keep denying it all you want pal

Having seen all of Ambrose appearances for Hibs at ER last season, but not a lot I can remember in the SPL for Celtic, I can say he has one attribute that neither Hanlon, McGregor or Fontaine have and that's the ability to break forward into the midfield with the ball and actually use it effectively when he gets there.

He does have a tendency to over play at times, I noticed a few times last season that he came close to playing himself into trouble doing that, something I guess he is more likely to be punished for it in a higher division ..... but hey ho, that's the type of player he is which reminds me a lot of big Sol Bamba, a guy who was never done brilliantly retrieving possession from situations of his own making ..... hands up those who wouldn't take him back in a heartbeat.

Over 100 appearances for Celtic including several in the champions league, where he did make the odd mistake against players umpteen levels above what he will meet next season and a half a century of caps for one of Africa's biggest football nations ..... lets say it was a similar player we had the chance to sign from Benfica or Ajax and it was a toss up between him or Kyle Laughfferty ........ which one would you sign to 'add value to the team'?

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 11:00 AM
I've just tweeted him about it and he said it's tongue in cheek. Says relationship with Hibs is fantastic.

That's fair enough,Also noticed on the comments that he said the story of what happened will eventually come out with a hashtag couldn't make it up

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 11:08 AM
That's fair enough,Also noticed on the comments that he said the story of what happened will eventually come out with a hashtag couldn't make it up

Here's a quote...

Kyle Lafferty has several agents. Not our player. When you find out how disrespectful he was to your club you'll understand

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Oh dear a comment like that sounds like this could grow arms and legs

hibsbollah
29-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Oh dear a comment like that sounds like this could grow arms and legs

I believe he shat in a disabled space, or something.

Andy74
29-06-2017, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=broondog;5084391]Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when I´ve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesn´t get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply can´t get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand

Lafferty went to the jambos because the are paying him more than we would offer. It is a big risk because while he has scored some good goals for NI his career (like David Healy's) has been largely a failure at club level. Judging by reports there were no serious discussions with Hibs but his agents seemed to have squeezed a relatively big wage out of hearts. If they are really paying £5k a week that is great because he isn't going to repay that, and if our 'interest' pushed his basic wage up that's even better.

I think the £5k is just made up.

He seems to have a good relationship with McCann and he obviously feels it would benefit him to be close to the coaching staff of NI with the world cup coming up.

Add to the fact he probably does feel more comfortable with Hearts and their fans due to his background.

So I don't think this is just about Hearts paying over the odds for him, they probably didn't need to do that at all.

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 11:18 AM

We have all been there

MrSmith
29-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I could be wrong but looks like KG has added a picture of himself, NL and KL at what could be EM, its on twitter.

Captain Trips
29-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Efe Ambrose:

Nigerian Premier League (1): 2008–09

Nigerian FA Cup (1): 2010

Scottish Premiership (4): 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Scottish Cup (1): 2012–13

Scottish League Cup (1): 2014–15

Scottish Championship: 2016–17

What a ****ing donkey he is.

TheGreenMan
29-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Not quite.it´s based on watching him several times for Celtic who couldn´t wait to get rid of him. he´s done well at a lesser level but I don´t think he will make the step up IMO.

Personally I think Hanlon and McGregor are two of the best Scottish centre halves at the moment and I would play both in front of Ambrose any day.

Hence why in terms of value added to the team Lafferty would have been a better acquisition

Keep denying it all you want pal

Ambrose played at centre half for Celtic during what still stands as the longest clean sheet run of any team in Scotland when Fraser Forster was their keeper. You're talking nonsense. He made a couple of huge errors in the Champions League and is remembered for them as Celtic more or less define their season on how well they do in Europe rather than domestic performance which is taken for granted.

He's a great signing for us and as much as McGregor and Hanlon have done really well for us the past few seasons in the championship Ambrose is better than both of them. Scotland have their worst choice of centre halfs in years and they two cant get near the squad whilst Ambrose as others have stated has over 50 caps for Nigeria. He also played in Champions League games where Celtic won, vs Barcelona amongst them.

Hibs90
29-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I could be wrong but looks like KG has added a picture of himself, NL and KL at what could be EM, its on twitter.

KG? :confused:

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 11:41 AM

It's Lennon,Keith Gillespie and some other guy probably an agent

LancsHibs
29-06-2017, 11:42 AM

:faf:Just wait for the 1st derby! He's gonna get it tight, especially from our disabled fans!!!

Keith_M
29-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Jeez, so many pages on a new Hearts player.

allezsauzee
29-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when I´ve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesn´t get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply can´t get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand - where the **** is the money coming from for that? Can see them slipping back into admin in a few years and then hopefully they die.

More concerning though is the fact they have managed to attract a player over us.who in the right mind would sign for that shambles with Catheter in charge, they are in absolute freefall with a bleak future in front of them. very concerned about Lennon´s ability to get the right guys in though and if we don´t sign 2-3 top players to replace the ones we have lost/may lose I worry for next season.

What a load of toalies! Not only is Efe a quality player , he is the polar opposite of Lafferty in terms of his personality and professionalism too. While i think Lafferty has the potential to be a decent signing for the yams, he's not a player I'd be pushing the boat out wage-wise on.

Green Blood
29-06-2017, 11:45 AM
It's Lennon,Keith Gillespie and some other guy probably an agent

Its Brian Adair who along with Keith Gillespie are partners in Football Agency, would be interesting to see who their clients are, could have been discussing another player with NL and not Kyle Slavery

IanM
29-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Keith Gillespie - says Lafferty has several agents and when we find out how disrespectful he has been to hibs we'll understand

sounds like we dodged a bullet

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 11:47 AM
The Sun has/had Gillespie down as an advisor for Lafferty and that he was left embarrassed by his no show at EM yesterday

bookert
29-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Having seen all of Ambrose appearances for Hibs at ER last season, but not a lot I can remember in the SPL for Celtic, I can say he has one attribute that neither Hanlon, McGregor or Fontaine have and that's the ability to break forward into the midfield with the ball and actually use it effectively when he gets there.

He does have a tendency to over play at times, I noticed a few times last season that he came close to playing himself into trouble doing that, something I guess he is more likely to be punished for it in a higher division ..... but hey ho, that's the type of player he is which reminds me a lot of big Sol Bamba, a guy who was never done brilliantly retrieving possession from situations of his own making ..... hands up those who wouldn't take him back in a heartbeat.

Over 100 appearances for Celtic including several in the champions league, where he did make the odd mistake against players umpteen levels above what he will meet next season and a half a century of caps for one of Africa's biggest football nations ..... lets say it was a similar player we had the chance to sign from Benfica or Ajax and it was a toss up between him or Kyle Laughfferty ........ which one would you sign to 'add value to the team'?
I agree with most of this, but Hanlon does have the ability to break into midfield and is an accomplished footballer.

supermcginn
29-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when I´ve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesn´t get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply can´t get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand - where the **** is the money coming from for that? Can see them slipping back into admin in a few years and then hopefully they die.

More concerning though is the fact they have managed to attract a player over us.who in the right mind would sign for that shambles with Catheter in charge, they are in absolute freefall with a bleak future in front of them. very concerned about Lennon´s ability to get the right guys in though and if we don´t sign 2-3 top players to replace the ones we have lost/may lose I worry for next season.
Haha stay off the drugs! Ambrose is different class!

Tyler Durden
29-06-2017, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Crazyhorse;5084409]

I think the £5k is just made up.

He seems to have a good relationship with McCann and he obviously feels it would benefit him to be close to the coaching staff of NI with the world cup coming up.

Add to the fact he probably does feel more comfortable with Hearts and their fans due to his background.

So I don't think this is just about Hearts paying over the odds for him, they probably didn't need to do that at all.

Yeah it's typical of this board at times, the outrage and the "How can Hearts afford this?" And yet when we sign Ambrose in similar circumstances the same logic goes out the window

mcfly
29-06-2017, 12:06 PM
I'd prefer Lafferty if I'm being honest.
Ambrose is a disaster waiting to happen.

Ridiculous statement - u watched efe last season.

Best player on the park. He will stroll this league.

hibsbollah
29-06-2017, 12:07 PM
We have all been there

Often more than once :agree:

Velma Dinkley
29-06-2017, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;5084443]

Yeah it's typical of this board at times, the outrage and the "How can Hearts afford this?" And yet when we sign Ambrose in similar circumstances the same logic goes out the window

Ambrose's visa situation made his signing very different from the signing of Lafferty.

Albanian Hibs
29-06-2017, 12:35 PM
I'd prefer Lafferty if I'm being honest.
Ambrose is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well done for outing yourself yam 👋👋👋

The Captain....
29-06-2017, 01:28 PM
We have definitely dodged a bullet with Lafferty...his lack of professionalism whilst at Rangers was the cause of quite a bit of resentment in the dressing room.

Hearts will be begging to get shot of him by Xmas..that's if he lasts that long there. It strikes me he'll be a ready made scapegoat on the pitch for what will be a sticky start for Hearts.

Hopefully we're working away on better quality, we need a statement of intent from the club with the striker we sign, to demonstrate we are prepared to compete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete
29-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I see one or two old faces are back. Not heard much from them since right about before we horsed Hearts out the cup.

Don't worry, they'll be away again after the first derby when we once again make them our bitches.

Greenwich_Hibby
29-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Lafferty's a classless a**e - he's clearly joined the right team - he'll be right at home.

ancient hibee
29-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I see Lafferty has signed for the biggest club in Edinburgh and the third biggest in Scotland.I'm confused as I thought he'd signed for Hearts.

Crab apple
29-06-2017, 01:52 PM
We have definitely dodged a bullet with Lafferty...his lack of professionalism whilst at Rangers was the cause of quite a bit of resentment in the dressing room.

Hearts will be begging to get shot of him by Xmas..that's if he lasts that long there. It strikes me he'll be a ready made scapegoat on the pitch for what will be a sticky start for Hearts.

Hopefully we're working away on better quality, we need a statement of intent from the club with the striker we sign, to demonstrate we are prepared to compete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Norwich City fans forum makes interesting reading with the consensus being he is like a headless chicken. One quote below:

'he does a bit of everything but nothing well, in football manager he'd be defined as a Complete forward, or something along those lines, he may be tall, but he wins little in the air, has no physical presence and can't really jump or head the ball. Decent with his feet but thats about it. Absolutely not a target man.'

Biggie
29-06-2017, 02:04 PM
See on sky sports news laugherty is already playing to the crowds with the fact he's joined the biggest team in Edinburgh !.......what a cock, infatuated with size/hibs since 1875

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 02:05 PM
I see one or two old faces are back. Not heard much from them since right about before we horsed Hearts out the cup.

Don't worry, they'll be away again after the first derby when we once again make them our bitches.

I like this comment 😁👍🏼

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 02:06 PM
See on sky sports news laugherty is already playing to the crowds with the fact he's joined the biggest team in Edinburgh !.......what a cock, infatuated with size/hibs since 1875

Probably got offered a pair of Budges soiled scants if he promised to churn out the big team nonsense at his press conference

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 02:08 PM

That's all Potter's doing. Anyone they sign he rams it into them to have sly pops about "big team" *****. The guy is a very strange man to say the least. I'd go as far to say a complete an utter weirdo!

JimboHibs
29-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Don't fret big Daz McGregor will take care of him 👊👊💚

.Sean.
29-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Listen to him. I hope the big skinny creep does his cruciate first training session.

Pete
29-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Here's a quote...

Kyle Lafferty has several agents. Not our player. When you find out how disrespectful he was to your club you'll understand

It's all starting to make sense now and I think Lafferty might have been more disrespectful to his "representatives" than ourselves, hence Gillespie's anger.

Lafferty had talks with Hearts for four days and had decided to join them as Hearts had "pushed the boat out" for him. I.e. They are under the cosh, needed a marquee signing and offered him top dollar.

Money men try and use Hibs as a pawn to force a bit more out of Hearts and arrange a meeting.

Lafferty can't be ersed as there's no way he'll join Hibs. Not his bag and the fans wouldn't take to him anyway. Maybe the extra effort isn't worth the gamble.

KG is made to look like an idiot while Lennon wastes a few hours of his life he can't get back. KG tries to save face by blasting Lafferty who was indeed pretty disrespectful.

Anyway, we need another Skacel type pantomime villain to keep things interesting so why not?

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 02:18 PM
It's all starting to make sense now and I think Lafferty might have been more disrespectful to his "representatives" than ourselves, hence Gillespie's anger.

Lafferty had talks with Hearts for four days and had decided to join them as Hearts had "pushed the boat out" for him. I.e. They are under the cosh, needed a marquee signing and offered him top dollar.

Money men try and use Hibs as a pawn to force a bit more out of Hearts and arrange a meeting.

Lafferty can't be ersed as there's no way he'll join Hibs. Not his bag and the fans wouldn't take to him anyway. Maybe the extra effort isn't worth the gamble.

KG is made to look like an idiot while Lennon wastes a few hours of his life he can't get back. KG tries to save face by blasting Lafferty who was indeed pretty disrespectful.

Anyway, we need another Skacel type pantomime villain to keep things interesting so why not?

Well I think he'll fill those shoes well, he's not liked by many as it is in football. He's going to be another Connor Sammon mark my words.

Crab apple
29-06-2017, 02:18 PM
That's all Potter's doing. Anyone they sign he rams it into them to have sly pops about "big team" *****. The guy is a very strange man to say the least. I'd go as far to say a complete an utter weirdo!

Totally agree. Potter is a bitter and twisted individual. He's running scared that things will go tits up with Cathro, which they will do, and he will carry the can. Play to the more deluded amongst the Yam fanbase, of which there are many, and hope it glosses over the litany of failure he has overseen over the last few years.

Crazyhorse
29-06-2017, 02:21 PM

This is good stuff. Something to stick up on the dressing room wall before the first derby of the season. Hope Hibs/Lennon don't bite publicly let the venom simmer....

ahibby
29-06-2017, 02:22 PM
I hope he enjoys playing on the smallest SPL football pitch in Edinburgh, at the smallest ground capacity in Edinburgh at a rented training centre and finishing below Hibs in the league. When are they going to win both cups this century? :thumbsup: phew we dodged a bullet there. :agree:

SRHibs
29-06-2017, 02:24 PM
From signing Lafferty to this: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170434-can-we-win-the-league/

Lunatics. Can't wait for McGregor to go through the lanky rat.

truehibernian
29-06-2017, 02:30 PM
This is good stuff. Something to stick up on the dressing room wall before the first derby of the season. Hope Hibs/Lennon don't bite publicly let the venom simmer....

Focus on the game, not the player - that's why we are unbeaten in 7 because our eye has been on the result only and not individual pantomime stuff. For me we lost focus by paying too much attention on Black, Skacel, etc.

Lennon will have them fully focused - mind I'm sure the comments by Lafferty won't be lost on McGregor, Lewy and SDG !

Salt N Sauzee
29-06-2017, 02:38 PM
from signing lafferty to this: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170434-can-we-win-the-league/

lunatics. Can't wait for mcgregor to go through the lanky rat.

hahahaha

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 02:41 PM
From signing Lafferty to this: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170434-can-we-win-the-league/

Lunatics. Can't wait for McGregor to go through the lanky rat.

That has to be a hibs fan who's wrote that 😂

mcfly
29-06-2017, 02:42 PM
This thread needs taken down

Why are we wasting pages and pages on this person

He chose hearts I'm glad he did - let's move on

Earlydelivery
29-06-2017, 02:43 PM
This thread needs taken down

Why are we wasting pages and pages on this person

He chose hearts I'm glad he did - let's move on
Correct 👍

gillythehibby
29-06-2017, 02:44 PM

Reeks of a man who knew he would not be welcome ay Hibs. No fans welcome and he's deffo had a look at the social media reaction if didn't already know what to expect. Thank fk. Him and the Diet's a match made in hell. They go together

Mon Dieu4
29-06-2017, 02:45 PM
They have small man syndrome and it's even worse at the moment, we run this city and its eating them up, they won't admit it but they know

Must be a really bitter existence hating your rivals more than you love your own club, total weirdos

mcfly
29-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Let's see how happy they are after the first 4 games

4 away games - maybe get 1-2 points -be bottom of the league.

In cathro we trust

gillythehibby
29-06-2017, 02:53 PM
The only player ever to nake both sides of Edinburgh happy he's signed for them 😁🇳🇬🇳🇬

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Sounds of a similar ilk to Skatchel. Hearts class.

Diclonius
29-06-2017, 03:15 PM
It's now up to us to ensure he never scores against us in a derby, or beats us. Already hate figure #1.

Baader
29-06-2017, 03:20 PM
It's now up to us to ensure he never scores against us in a derby, or beats us. Already hate figure #1.

Big Daz will half him. No bother.

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 03:21 PM

Imagine the reception he'll get from the Hibs fans when we make it 8 in a row

Laced1875
29-06-2017, 03:24 PM
They made Bikey say something similar... Look how that turned out

broondog
29-06-2017, 03:27 PM
What a load of toalies! Not only is Efe a quality player , he is the polar opposite of Lafferty in terms of his personality and professionalism too. While i think Lafferty has the potential to be a decent signing for the yams, he's not a player I'd be pushing the boat out wage-wise on.

100% agree with the bit in bold. Lafferty is a complete rat who is well suited to the cheats, match made in heaven in terms of his character.

My only point was we bought Efe into an area where we were already quite strong. After loosing Cummings and Keatings attack needs to be strengthened and Lafferty would have done that and therefore added more value than Ambrose.

Like you say would be great if they spent loads of money on him. I still question how they afforded it and think they will be in trouble soon enough.Catheter will fail next season whoever they bring in.

Stevie Reid
29-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Hope he keeps shooting his mouth off :greengrin

Alan62
29-06-2017, 03:34 PM
I spoke with a Hibernian player yesterday. Let's just say he was quite relieved when I told him that Hearts had signed Lafferty.

Wilson
29-06-2017, 03:41 PM
I imagine Lafferty will prove to be comedy gold throughout the season. Quite a refreshing prospect as Cathro's shtick gets old pretty fast.

PeeKay
29-06-2017, 03:45 PM
From his early statements to the media it looks like Lafferty aims to be the poor man's Joey Barton. And that ended well.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2017, 03:48 PM
^^Agreed.

Won't be long before we see red cards, cheating and a bust up with Cathro.

Hearts fans will turn on him rapidly and claim they never wanted him in the first place.

Everything about out this signing is brilliant!

Borderhibbie76
29-06-2017, 03:52 PM
My only concern is why were we interested in him at all....complete welt I want nowhere near my team...the Yams are very welcome to him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm_cabbaged
29-06-2017, 03:58 PM
He said that part of it was because the yam fans would take to him. Is the hun **** saying we wouldn't?? 😂

Bostonhibby
29-06-2017, 03:58 PM
They made Bikey say something similar... Look how that turned out

:agree: At least Bikey never knew any better, he believed whatever they promised him.

Hibernia&Alba
29-06-2017, 04:02 PM

I said just wait until that **** starts with his antics, and he's off already. What a waste of space.

Aldo
29-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Let him say what he wants. Did we really expect him to say anything less.

Signing Berra and Walker along with the Man City youngsters hasn't turned them into world beaters.

I'd prefer our players to do their talking on the park!!

Deansy
29-06-2017, 04:08 PM

Am delighted we 'lost' (:greengrin) to them and even more delighted their obsession with us is now costing them financially - nothing changes the fact that even Messi would be keech under Cathro !

Garymcl
29-06-2017, 04:27 PM
To be honest guys let's move on he's signed for them I personally didn't want him at our club think we can do better and we will :flag::agree:

eastmainsmsh
29-06-2017, 04:36 PM
James Collins joins Luton

CRAZYHIBBY
29-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Can we just delete this whole thread?

Billychaotic182
29-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Let's just delete this now

staunchhibby
29-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Yep time for it to be consigned to the bin.

BullsCloseHibs
29-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Hearts have The Fear 😱

hfc rd
29-06-2017, 05:10 PM
28 pages on a Hearts signing? Jeez! Admins can we please delete.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Just been on STV sport saying "hertz are the biggest team in Edinburgh and the 3rd biggest team in Scotland" he hesitated when he said that, what a flump, did all those maroon morons tell you to say that? what do you know about anything like that?

What a walloper.

:faf::faf::faf:

JJP
29-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Imagine bragging about being third the way the Jambos do. Cringey.

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Just been on STV sport saying "hertz are the biggest team in Edinburgh and the 3rd biggest team in Scotland" he hesitated when he said that, what a flump, did all those maroon morons tell you to say that? what do you know about anything like that?

What a walloper.

Had to think what to say to suck up to the Jambos. Let's hope he takes as long to think weather to shoot or not in the derby.

Heisenberg
29-06-2017, 05:21 PM
He's playing up to them perfectly. I'm sure this will help buy him some time before they eventually realise he's an absolute donkey.

Deansy
29-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Just watched his interview on STV - the reporter asked him about the 'Disrespect he'd shown towards Hibs' his reply -

'I think it would be disrespectful to Hearts to negotiate for four days and then go across the city and speak to Hibs ...............'

Sadly (but not unsurprisingly) the reporter failed to ask the natural question to his reply - if that was really the case then why did he originally agree to meet with Hibs in the first place ?. Confirms 100% it was a ploy to get more money from the Muppets - and it worked !!. Obviously their obsession with Hibs is now well-known and it won't be the last time it'll be used on them - 'Kerrching-Time' for agents ! :faf:

EastCalderHibby
29-06-2017, 05:37 PM

What a walloper.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: he meant 3rd biggest team in edinburgh
hes a bigger arse than ten bums

The Spaceman
29-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Unclassy interview from a unclassy man signing for a unclassy club.

Not fussed he has signed for them - we need better.

Marciano though :thumbsup:

murray26
29-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I hope he keeps running his mouth it'll be all the sweeter when we shut it.. decent player 5 or 6 years ago.. glad he signed for them..

emerald green
29-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Lafferty is now another cheat at Tynecastle. One who gets opponents sent off by feigning injury. Ask Charlie Mulgrew who was sent off as a result of Lafferty's actions.

The case I'm referring to was referred to the SFA disciplinary committee, who rescinded Mulgrew's red card, and gave Lafferty a two match ban for simulation. I'm glad Lafferty has not signed for Hibs. He's well suited to Hearts.

makaveli1875
29-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Marvins coming for you ya big huddy

Aldo
29-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Lafferty is now another cheat at Tynecastle. One who gets opponents sent off by feigning injury. Ask Charlie Mulgrew who was sent off as a result of Lafferty's actions. The case I'm referring to was referred to the SFA disciplinary committee, who rescinded Mulgrew's red card, and gave Lafferty a two match ban for simulation. I'm glad Lafferty has not signed for Hibs. He's well suited to Hearts.

Lets get Charlie signed up!

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Marvins coming for you ya big huddy

That's if Daz doesn't get him 1st

Bishop Hibee
29-06-2017, 06:15 PM
He's better than what they had which wouldn't be hard. Hopefully the new Michael Ngoo.

snooky
29-06-2017, 06:30 PM
This is better news than a signing - the fact that we're not signing Laughter.
Phew!

Is It On....
29-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but "Lafferty was accused by his compatriot Keith Gillespie - the former Manchester United and Newcastle winger who now acts as an agent - of disrespecting Hibs by failing to show up for talks with manager Neil Lennon". Very poor form and wouldn't be happy if one of our players did that.

DunblaneHibby
29-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but "Lafferty was accused by his compatriot Keith Gillespie - the former Manchester United and Newcastle winger who now acts as an agent - of disrespecting Hibs by failing to show up for talks with manager Neil Lennon". Very poor form and wouldn't be happy if one of our players did that.

Just listened to Willie Miller slate Kyle Lafferty for not turning up to speak to Hibs To be fair Alan Preston said the same

erin go bragh
29-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Lafferty is their new Sammon . This thread should now be punted imo .
Bullet well and truly dodged .

Baader
29-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Classless guy joins classless club. And clueless manager.

Lafferty is rubbish, his goals to games ratio at club level is nearly one in five. Good to see the Gorgie mob throwing more money at dead wood. Expect this one to go horribly wrong.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 07:41 PM

I presume Sammon is back at Hearts

Spike Mandela
29-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Neil Lennon strangely quiet on all this, couldn't keep his mouth shut last year about anything that bothered him.

Turning over a new leaf or keeping his powder dry?

Ricky Bobby
29-06-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm not going to say that this sparkler is definitely going to fail at Hearts, but the things that would have worried me about him if he had joined us are now Hearts problem.
He has hardly played over the last year due to injury.
He has hardly scored a league goal in the last few seasons.
He is the kind of guy who could start a row in an empty room.
Not sure how accurate the 5K a week rumour is, but he will be costing them a few Bob.
All in all a pretty big gamble and I,m confident have dodged a bullet here.

keep the faith
29-06-2017, 08:05 PM
The "experts" earlier in this thread keen for us to blow a huge wage to sign that useless, classless cheat 😂

EastCalderHibby
29-06-2017, 08:11 PM
oh dear Mrs budge will need another bowl or another cow

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 08:14 PM

He is exactly that. Wait till they turn on him when he's struggling.

Zazu62
29-06-2017, 08:17 PM
They've offered 300k for Cadden .. I thought they were skint

SouthMoroccoStu
29-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Just listened to Willie Miller slate Kyle Lafferty for not turning up to speak to Hibs To be fair Alan Preston said the same

Pleased to hear it

When non hibs guys are saying it, it lets us know we're in the right

The agent isn't happy. Football pundits and commentators saying he acted poorly and disrespectfully

Hibs keep quiet and let the others do the talking

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 08:43 PM

I don't believe it for a min they offered that upfront. No chance at all!

tamig
29-06-2017, 08:44 PM

Who has?

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Pleased to hear it

When non hibs guys are saying it, it lets us know we're in the right

The agent isn't happy. Football pundits and commentators saying he acted poorly and disrespectfully

Hibs keep quiet and let the others do the talking

Yep, Hibs have handled this very well. More so because Lennon only wanted a chat to see if he'd be someone we'd sign. We don't have to say anymore and just get on with our business and let Kyle pile pressure on himself by making himself look rather daft.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2017, 09:11 PM
What I can't understand, is why does a player of Lavatory's standing, require 2 agents/representatives?

Souter96Mac
29-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Didn't even know who this lad was before they put a bid in

Captain Trips
29-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Hearts reveal how they financed for latest huddy in maroon:

http://www.sellatonce.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/41QDkDBKf8L._SL160_.jpg

Captain Trips
29-06-2017, 09:23 PM
What I can't understand, is why does a player of Lavatory's standing, require 2 agents/representatives?

One to tell him to breathe in the other to breathe out?

Morganleith
29-06-2017, 09:23 PM

Motherwell mate said it was £100k
nowhere near £300k and even if it was they'd tell them to fek off.

MyJo
29-06-2017, 09:25 PM

I think some players will sign a contract and commit to a single agent or agency to represent them but others will use agents on a contracted basis as and when they need them.

I'd imagine Lafferty will have asked 1 agent to negotiate with hearts on his behalf and when he agreed to meet hibs asked another one to act for him in exchange for a cut of the deal before leaving them high and dry by not turning up.

MacGruber
29-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Basically they're looking at re-investing some of the Jamie Walkers money I think

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 09:28 PM

That sounds about right. That was before Lafferty though bet they gave him a good signing on fee as well so not sure how much they have to lure cadden.

Motherwell said no less than £500k so hearts try that cheeky bid and then moan when they put £1m on Walker and Gers offer £600k for him. Double standards as per with them always the victim.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2017, 09:29 PM

He needs things explained twice as he no the sharpest tool in the box

Morganleith
29-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Basically they're looking at re-investing some of the Jamie Walkers money I think

Walkers still their player and will no doubt run down his contract seeing Sevco look like they could bomb out of Europe and after spending outwith their means on the proviso they would make the group stages I don't see them buying Walker any time soon. Also although they've let a lot of players go they will be paying the likes of Berra and that fanny Lafferty plenty

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 09:32 PM
I think some players will sign a contract and commit to a single agent or agency to represent them but others will use agents on a contracted basis as and when they need them.

I'd imagine Lafferty will have asked 1 agent to negotiate with hearts on his behalf and when he agreed to meet hibs asked another one to act for him in exchange for a cut of the deal before leaving them high and dry by not turning up.

By the way your pretty much spot on with this. Depends what agents he has or if it's a company that represents him. Either way he's not done himself any favours acting like he did. He's forced Hearts hand by using us when all we wanted was a chat, we never offered a deal.

We dodged a bullet and he's huge baggage. If folk thought Stokes was bad for the dressing room he's way worse.

jakedance
29-06-2017, 09:37 PM
I think he'll be a decent signing for them and he'll ingratiate himself into the culture of their club with his hunnish leanings. I'm happy he's not at Hibs but I'd rather he wasn't at Hearts either.

bigwheel
29-06-2017, 09:37 PM
By the way your pretty much spot on with this. Depends what agents he has or if it's a company that represents him. Either way he's not done himself any favours acting like he did. He's forced Hearts hand by using us when all we wanted was a chat, we never offered a deal.

We dodged a bullet and he's huge baggage. If folk thought Stokes was bad for the dressing room he's way worse.

The way you do anything, is the way you do everything......he has shown what he is like

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 09:39 PM
The way you do anything, is the way you do everything......he has shown what he is like

Spot on.

Pete
30-06-2017, 02:46 AM
I might get slaughtered for this but there is something I admire about his behaviour.

Imagine we had rolled out the red carpet for a certain player for four days and made him feel like royalty. As a fan, I'd be a bit pissed off of he said "thanks but I'm off down to your fiercest rivals now to see what they can offer". As a board, I'd be a bit miffed as well. You know that Hibs and Hearts are a much of a muchness when it comes to wages, facilities etc...and we were the ones that pushed the boat out and pursued the player initially, not them! The choice in this instance should be guided by more than a few tenners a week in the pocket.

Let's not **** about, certain players are more likely to be accepted by and taken to heart by fans of certain clubs. He realises this and he's not stupid.

The meetings and lack of communication between agents/third parties are a side show that the media will thrive on but I'm sure Lennon won't say anything too outrageous because he will understand the players position and prerogative.

Ignore the scripted Potter style digs at ourselves and Aberdeen, Lafferty said: "I’m not going to waste four days negotiating with Hearts and it being 99 per cent done, then going across the city and showing a lack of respect by speaking to another team".
That's fair enough. He's been offered a suitable job, he's taken it and he's being straight up.
If anyone is inconvenienced because he missed an informal chat then they don't dwell on it as business is business. They get on with their own stuff like signing keepers, training the team and looking at better strikers.

SirDavidsNapper
30-06-2017, 04:01 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170630/3f33190e07836d96eac4afa409a6182b.jpg

Would be some going to score 20-25 goals in the league cup. I get the impression he's a bit dim.

GreenLake
30-06-2017, 04:11 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170630/3f33190e07836d96eac4afa409a6182b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You will be known as Scafferty for your shooting skills and behavioral class. Oh, and Kyle, watch out you don't hit that cheap new stand and break some tack welds. :faf:

polarbear
30-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Who cares? He's signed for Hearts. Always regarded him as a bit of a jakey, neddish type of a character.
Kind of like a Northern Irish Derek Riordan. I'm glad he's gone to them. He'll fit in well.

chinaman
30-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Who cares? He's signed for Hearts. Always regarded him as a bit of a jakey, neddish type of a character.
Kind of like a Northern Irish Derek Riordan. I'm glad he's gone to them. He'll fit in well.

Like derek riordan ???
You"re a Saville beast ,away and play on the motorway fanny

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 05:30 AM

I don't believe you are a hibs fan. There I said it!!

mcfly
30-06-2017, 05:56 AM
And still this thread continues

When are we gonna stop talking about this guy

He's not a hibs player so forget him.....don't you think Darren and Marvin will sort him on the pitch??

Let's move on

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:10 AM
And still this thread continues

When are we gonna stop talking about this guy

He's not a hibs player so forget him.....don't you think Darren and Marvin will sort him on the pitch??

Let's move on

I don't really understand the clamour to delete it either.

This isn't an embarrassing defeat or a shameful episode, it's a thread about a football player.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Dear Kyle,

Darren McGregor wishes to make an appointment with you in October.

Yours sincerely,

Hibs.

Pete
30-06-2017, 06:12 AM
I don't believe you are a hibs fan. There I said it!!

I think "Northern Irish Derek Riordan" said it before you did.

Tick tock

Deansy
30-06-2017, 06:48 AM
I don't really understand the clamour to delete it either.

This isn't an embarrassing defeat or a shameful episode, it's a thread about a football player.

No - it's about a football character who poses as a football player.

The Spaceman
30-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Kyle Lafferty is probably exactly the kind of player the likes of McGregor, Efe, Hanlon and Bartley relish playing against. Not worried about him lining up against us next season at all.

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 06:56 AM
I think "Northern Irish Derek Riordan" said it before you did.

Tick tock

Yeah true, extremely bizarre post along with the other one.

edwards
30-06-2017, 07:03 AM
It's over close this down move on

Pete
30-06-2017, 07:18 AM

:-)...but I hope our defenders don't take that attitude when a corner comes in or a ball breaks to him as I don't think he's as bad as people are making out.

Still, Hearts will be worse off regardless. The only players I feared last season were Nicholson, Walker and that Currie. All we'll face this season will be robotic journeymen who've had all the spontaneity coached out of them by wee baldy from Broughty Ferry.

Deansy
30-06-2017, 08:28 AM
:-)...but I hope our defenders don't take that attitude when a corner comes in or a ball breaks to him as I don't think he's as bad as people are making out.

Still, Hearts will be worse off regardless. The only players I feared last season were Nicholson, Walker and that Currie. All we'll face this season will be robotic journeymen who've had all the spontaneity coached out of them by wee baldy from Broughty Ferry.

And to cap it all - CATHRO will still be their manager, aided and abetted by Potter. No matter who they sign, THAT fact gives me immense assurance & confidence ! And as with every new-season, their fans will be buzzing with their usual 'THIS will be the season the world finally sits up and takes notice of us' vastly mis-placed belief in the actual ability of their club, it all adds-up to what I feel is going to be a very memorable season !

The football Jambos see their teams play is football no-one else can see and bears no resemblance whatsoever to actual reality.

Albanian Hibs
30-06-2017, 08:52 AM

😂😂😂
Are you still here?

Crazyhorse
30-06-2017, 09:17 AM
I might get slaughtered for this but there is something I admire about his behaviour.

Imagine we had rolled out the red carpet for a certain player for four days and made him feel like royalty. As a fan, I'd be a bit pissed off of he said "thanks but I'm off down to your fiercest rivals now to see what they can offer". As a board, I'd be a bit miffed as well. You know that Hibs and Hearts are a much of a muchness when it comes to wages, facilities etc...and we were the ones that pushed the boat out and pursued the player initially, not them! The choice in this instance should be guided by more than a few tenners a week in the pocket.

Let's not **** about, certain players are more likely to be accepted by and taken to heart by fans of certain clubs. He realises this and he's not stupid.

The meetings and lack of communication between agents/third parties are a side show that the media will thrive on but I'm sure Lennon won't say anything too outrageous because he will understand the players position and prerogative.

Ignore the scripted Potter style digs at ourselves and Aberdeen, Lafferty said: "I’m not going to waste four days negotiating with Hearts and it being 99 per cent done, then going across the city and showing a lack of respect by speaking to another team".
That's fair enough. He's been offered a suitable job, he's taken it and he's being straight up.
If anyone is inconvenienced because he missed an informal chat then they don't dwell on it as business is business. They get on with their own stuff like signing keepers, training the team and looking at better strikers.

I think though that dragging it out and having Hibs in the background supposedly speaking to one of his advisors was useful in pressurising the Jambos into upping their offer. This is his last pay day, after he fails at Tiny he'll be finished I reckon.
Anyway this thread is now pointless except maybe for Yams looking in hoping that we are disappointed about this.
They will soon realise that we dodged a rather expensive bullet and they caught it.

ancient hibee
30-06-2017, 09:24 AM

I wish a few of the Scottish team would pose like him and score some international goals.Don't think we've had too many with his record.

eastmainsmsh
30-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Sums him up snubbing respected people like Neil Lennon and Keith Gillespie yams are welcome to That big streak o pish

heretoday
30-06-2017, 10:20 AM
I don't know why people are getting so upset about Lafferty. It's all about putting bums on seats and he's just playing the game.

BullsCloseHibs
30-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Give Laugh-farty credit, he said he's joining 3rd best team in Scotland.....

1 Celtic.

2 Hibs.

:agree:

(Aberdeen are actually above his new outfit too, but we'll let him off)

You know the Greens will hurt you :greengrin

broondog
30-06-2017, 11:15 AM

Yam. Pathetic.

vuefrom1875
30-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Sums him up snubbing respected people like Neil Lennon and Keith Gillespie yams are welcome to That big streak o pish

Horrible Hun B#####D.....A marriage made in heaven for the tramps.

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 11:37 AM
He's shouting his mouth off that Hearts can challenge Celtic for the title!! 😂😂

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 11:37 AM
I predict he'll score 6 goals this season. 1 against the Huns on opening day, and 0 against us.

I've actually found it quite amusing how much they're lapping up this 'marquee' signing :greengrin

Remember Tony Watt's hearts career? Me neither.

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Really? hahaha I'm starting to enjoy his nonsense now :greengrin

RossScott1991
30-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Everyone move over to the Danny Graham thread... got to make that 30 pages long now! hahahaha

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Really? hahaha I'm starting to enjoy his nonsense now :greengrin

In the media today, I actually can't believe he's said that 😂

He'll not know what's hit him after hearts are sitting around 10th after first 4 games.

Hibiza
30-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Bile Laugherty

BoomtownHibees
30-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I predict he'll score 6 goals this season. 1 against the Huns on opening day, and 0 against us.

I've actually found it quite amusing how much they're lapping up this 'marquee' signing :greengrin

Remember Tony Watt's hearts career? Me neither.

That would be impressive while the rest of his teammates are playing at Celtc Park

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 12:32 PM
That would be impressive while the rest of his teammates are playing at Celtc Park

:greengrin

I blame my old man for the misinformation. Appreciate the sarcy response though - I'd have replied with the exact same :aok:

hibsbollah
30-06-2017, 12:37 PM
he's shouting his mouth off that hearts can challenge celtic for the title!! 😂😂

believe

geohibby
30-06-2017, 12:47 PM
he has also said that he wants to be remembered for scoring 20-25 goals a season, not for the guy who upset hibs hahahahaha, i think he should pack in the football and become a comedian, he is way better at that.

easty
30-06-2017, 12:49 PM
31 pages about Lafferty. Surely it's time to wrap it up?

lapsedhibee
30-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Close this and there'll be new threads about him all season if he continues with the stand-up. Be as well to let this one turn into a megathread like the Sevco meltdown one.

California-Hibs
30-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Ambrose/McGregor will have this clown in their pockets!! 😂😂

Mikey09
30-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Ambrose/McGregor will have this clown in their pockets!! 😂😂

Theyll be picking pieces of Lafferty up after Daz cements him. If he recovers from that then Bartley will finish the job. Absolute brutal player and even worse human being. If there was one player suited to that mob it's him. Absolute onion.

Jim44
30-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Close this and there'll be new threads about him all season if he continues with the stand-up. Be as well to let this one turn into a megathread like the Sevco meltdown one.

I don't think this thread will need to be closed. Neither will it turn into a mega thread. Like Lafferty's potential, it will die a natural death.

DCI Gene Hunt
30-06-2017, 02:10 PM
That other lot are welcome to him. Amazed Hibs were ever interested in signing this huddy.

Deansy
30-06-2017, 03:04 PM

You're joking - so he signed for them without knowing who their manager is ??.

tamig
30-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Good shout. We should rename the thread Lafferty's Lampoons or suchlike. Post any classics he comes out with over the course of the season.

monteddie
30-06-2017, 04:45 PM

31 pages for a guy who scored about 65 goals in a 12 year career.......... a great escape!!

livi hibs 1875
30-06-2017, 04:51 PM
31 pages for a guy who scored about 65 goals in a 12 year career.......... a great escape!!

That can't be right 5 goals a year on average, he is promising 25 goals for another new built team with cathro the manager

01-07-2017, 09:41 AM
He's playing up the whole "I bumped hibs for hearts" stuff to sook up to the tramps and as per usual, the very thought of getting one over on hibs has them drooling over him.

Lafferty's played a blinder though. He never truly had any intention of signing for us but played the "will it be hibs? will it be hearts?" game to 1) squeeze a bit more out of hearts and 2) endear himself to the hearts support (once again a player signs for hearts and they immediately realise that the best way to become an instant hit with the fans is to make a dig at hibs).

I think its clear to see by social media and on here that the majority of hibs fans didn't want him anyway but if its true that he didn't even turn up to an arranged meeting with Lennon then what a disrespectful, classless prick (not that thats a surprise for Lafferty though). He fits in very well at Cheats FC, after all his most notable career moment was his embarrassing feigning injury to fool the ref into thinking Mulgrew had headbutted him. Thats the kind of guy we're talking about here, a cheat and generally an all round prick.

Cardinal G
01-07-2017, 09:47 AM
He's playing up the whole "I bumped hibs for hearts" stuff to sook up to the tramps and as per usual, the very thought of getting one over on hibs has them drooling over him.

Lafferty's played a blinder though. He never truly had any intention of signing for us but played the "will it be hibs? will it be hearts?" game to 1) squeeze a bit more out of hearts and 2) endear himself to the hearts support (once again a player signs for hearts and they immediately realise that the best way to become an instant hit with the fans is to make a dig at hibs).

I think its clear to see by social media and on here that the majority of hibs fans didn't want him anyway but if its true that he didn't even turn up to an arranged meeting with Lennon then what a disrespectful, classless prick (not that thats a surprise for Lafferty though). He fits in very well at Cheats FC, after all his most notable career moment was his embarrassing feigning injury to fool the ref into thinking Mulgrew had headbutted him. Thats the kind of guy we're talking about here, a cheat and generally an all round prick.

Cracking post to end the thread for me

BlackSheep
01-07-2017, 09:47 AM
I think we need to noise Lafferty up at the derbies... the whole signing for the biggest team in Edinburgh is a blatant dig at us and we can't let him off with it....

I suggest a mod to the Andy Halliday song....

Kyle Lafferty...
Kyle Lafferty....
Thought he'd sign for us,
but he missed the bus,
Kyle Laffert..y...y

If we turn the situation that he never showed for talks in our favour, then he has no more ammo!!

And now Halliday is playing his trade in Azerbaijan it may fall on deaf ears!!

Waxy
01-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Who cares anyway.He's never been a prolific striker at any time in his career.Doubt that'll change playing for throda.

FitbaFolkKen
01-07-2017, 10:03 AM
“I showed Hearts respect by staying – and Ann Budge wouldn’t let me out the office.She told me to go in with a cup of tea and locked the door. The only way out was the window and I didn’t fancy dropping three stories."

Sounds like an interesting signing on bonus, locked in Budges dungeon!

CraigHibee
01-07-2017, 10:07 AM
We still going on about this bellend? Bullet dodged, end of

Waxy
01-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Who cares anyway.He's never been a prolific striker at any time in his career.Doubt that'll change playing for throda.

Greenworld
01-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Case closed can we dismiss this thread

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

CRAZYHIBBY
01-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Case closed can we dismiss this thread

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I second the motion

Hibby70
01-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Burn the witch (thread)

lapsedhibee
01-07-2017, 02:51 PM
“I showed Hearts respect by staying – and Ann Budge wouldn’t let me out the office.She told me to go in with a cup of tea and locked the door. The only way out was the window and I didn’t fancy dropping three stories."

Sounds like an interesting signing on bonus, locked in Budges dungeon!

"I was at Hearts with my actual agent, Martin, and we spoke for four days solid, sometimes from 10am to 6pm."

First indication there, I think, that 'throda was involved in the signing. Potter on his own, with his concise analytical system (=measuring tape), would've had Laughatme signed up in 15 mins, bish bash bosh. If 'throda had input/output, though, communications would have had to go through at least two interpreters - one to put throda's utterances into English, and another to put English into something so simple that someone as thick as Laughatme might understand. That scene could easily run to four days solid.

EastCalderHibby
01-07-2017, 06:57 PM

We really need a halliday type song for this jaffa bassa
been their 3 days and already a :jamboclow

Pete
01-07-2017, 07:35 PM

They're all mouthing off at the minute and I've never heard it as bad...must be the frustration of playing second fiddle to a team in the league below who they haven't laid a glove on in years.

Lafferty "chose them" over us, they have a better stand, more season ticket holders, Locke has come back to sort us out and they've now got a better team all over the park. It's all big/wee team again.

The Hearts arrogance that we all know and love is well and truly back.

H18 SFR
01-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Best comment I've heard from a yam is that Budge only wants to sign Galacticos.

StPauli
01-07-2017, 07:44 PM
The boy is a bam and his club is **** as well.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Best comment I've heard from a yam is that Budge only wants to sign Galacticos.

Wonder when they'll sign their 1st one then

Famous Fiver
01-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Where's all their money coming from?

Nine duds signed in January at what cost? To progress in the Scottish Cup? Oh, wait..............

No income from anticipated big money sales of Paterson, Walker.

Stand short of money. 3/4 of a Mill give or take.

Selling plastic owls.

Signing all sorts of laff a minute nobodies.

Business model based on deluded individuals lobbing money in every month.

It just does not stack up.

Deansy
01-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Where's all their money coming from?

Nine duds signed in January at what cost? To progress in the Scottish Cup? Oh, wait..............

No income from anticipated big money sales of Paterson, Walker.

Stand short of money. 3/4 of a Mill give or take.

Selling plastic owls.

Signing all sorts of laff a minute nobodies.

Business model based on deluded individuals lobbing money in every month.

It just does not stack up.

When did anything ever stack up at the PBS ?. Same as their 'Big Bros' over in Govan, money just seems to appear !

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 08:45 PM
When did anything ever stack up at the PBS ?. Same as their 'Big Bros' over in Govan, money just seems to appear !

She owes it to herself, or waved the interest this season

inglisavhibs
01-07-2017, 08:51 PM
They're all mouthing off at the minute and I've never heard it as bad...must be the frustration of playing second fiddle to a team in the league below who they haven't laid a glove on in years.

Lafferty "chose them" over us, they have a better stand, more season ticket holders, Locke has come back to sort us out and they've now got a better team all over the park. It's all big/wee team again.

The Hearts arrogance that we all know and love is well and truly back.
Apart from Berra who will be a decent signing, the jury is out on the rest of them (especially Lafferty who has been very poor in recent seasons ). Let them blow their trumpets, all the better when reality kicks in.

inglisavhibs
01-07-2017, 08:55 PM
We really need a halliday type song for this jaffa bassa
been their 3 days and already a :jamboclow
somebody will come up with a cracker i'm sure, if any player deserves it it's him

Cod Boy
01-07-2017, 08:56 PM
There fans are giving it large at the moment easy to do in pre season. Let's see how gobby they are when the league kicks off.

EastCalderHibby
01-07-2017, 09:13 PM
somebody will come up with a cracker i'm sure, if any player deserves it it's him

that manky mob really do just keep giving
over on brokeback they are trying to make a song for laughatyou ( well they are kinda short on the songbook area )
anyway i'm sure ours will be better :jamboak::lolyam:

BullsCloseHibs
02-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Let's end this now.
The Tall Norn Irn man is a sucker of peni

pacorosssco
02-07-2017, 12:50 AM
If wasnt chat Hibs moved for him they would be devastated at his signing.

Libby Hibby
02-07-2017, 05:16 AM
There fans are giving it large at the moment easy to do in pre season. Let's see how gobby they are when the league kicks off.

It's almost like there has been a concerted effort recently for their fans to start all their 'we are so superior' nonsense.

It started with how the Lafferty episode was portrayed in the press and now they feel all the derbies are now won, we shouldn't even bother turning up as they have re-employed Locke as some title that only they could make up.

We have signed well this summer and if the quality is added too some more of the same standard, we'll be fine.

But we have them worried, that's for sure.

jacomo
21-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Kyle Lafferty finally admits he's a sly oaf:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/kyle-lafferty-i-let-hibs-down-but-hearts-move-right-for-me-1-4499302

"I read what Neil Lennon said,” admitted Lafferty. “And I did say that I would speak to him. So did I go back on my word? Obviously I did."

Perfect character for Hertz I'd say.

Hermit Crab
21-07-2017, 08:07 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/kyle-lafferty-i-let-hibs-down-but-hearts-move-right-for-me-1-4499302

Another snake.

allezsauzee
21-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Poor man's Deivydas Matulevicius....actually no he's the poor man's Valdas Trakys

Bostonhibby
21-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Ah well, Lennon probably only lost out on the chance to say thanks Kyle but your really not what we are after.

Lennon telling the truth again by the sounds of it. Bit like dodging the Scott MacDonald bullet.

Joe6-2
21-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Another snake.

He will be choking on those words soon enough

col02
21-07-2017, 08:50 AM
When Hibs beat Lafferty's Hearts hopefully Lennon makes a point of shaking his hand with a wry smile on his face. Horrible player who is an absolute midden of a person. Never wanted him near Hibs and thankfully he chose a club more akin to his personality.

Diclonius
21-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Who cares?