PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lafferty

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Real Emerald
28-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Really pleased about this, I would have worried that a lot of money was being spent on someone with his poor goal scoring track record and general bawbagness. Hearts have a good record recruiting pish strikers they thought were the dugs nuts that end up doing nothing and costing plenty. No idea who we are in line for but Stokes is by far and away a better option if at all possible.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Absolutely delighted they have wasted their money on a huddy. Time for us to go get someone who's a proven striker.

When's this happening? We supposedly met Lafferty so I'm concerned we don't have better lined up at the moment. We seem to be watching business happening (Lafferty, Boyce, Stewart etc.) and waiting until the scraps are left for us...

Who can see us signing a 34 year old ex-Premiership player shortly?

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 03:14 PM
When's this happening? We supposedly met Lafferty so I'm concerned we don't have better lined up at the moment. We seem to be watching business happening (Lafferty, Boyce, Stewart etc.) and waiting until the scraps are left for us...

Well sadly I'm not Neil Lennon so won't be able to tell you when that will happen. But I'm far from slapping the big red panic button though. No indication at all we don't have players lined up.

Brightside
28-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Delighted. As will the owner be of Why Not.

adhibs
28-06-2017, 03:15 PM
A non-scoring number 9 for hearts. At the top end of their wage bill it seems as well.

HoboHarry

Lennon and Dempster are just sitting back and doing nothing? Pardon me for thinking you might be just making stuff up for the sake of it......

Ozyhibby
It's only the 28th June. No way could Hearts have signed him. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
Delighted. As will the owner be of Why Not.

It's Connor Sammon all over again. He's going to be utter pish!

Velma Dinkley

I would think we're working on deals for far better players, which would take a bit more negotiating. If we're interested in Stokes, for example, Blackburn need to find a replacement for him first, then a compensation deal would need to be struck.

bigwheel
28-06-2017, 03:16 PM
It's Connor Sammon all over again. He's going to be utter pish!

i hope you are right TC - but actually think he will be a handful back in our league..good signing for them..

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Well sadly I'm not Neil Lennon so won't be able to tell you when that will happen. But I'm far from slapping the big red panic button though. No indication at all we don't have players lined up.

If we have players lined up why have a mad rush at the last minute to talk to Lafferty then, if claims are to be believed?

Also why only lined up? Are they not out of contract (waiting until this golden 30th June date) or are we about to spend big cash and just negotiating mega contracts to secure big stars?

I can barely remember a summer that Hibs don't leave it until the last minute. Even Stubbs was signing/trying to sign players after the Championship season had started...

Since90+2
28-06-2017, 03:18 PM
How do we even know we were interested in him or Lennon met him? I would wager that it was a lot of ***** to either get more money out of Hear7s or to gain him abit of popularity with the Gorgie tramps so a myth that he chose them over us can be started.

Hibby70
28-06-2017, 03:18 PM
He was pish 10 years ago. And he hasn't got any better.

And he's a prick.

HoboHarry
28-06-2017, 03:19 PM
If we have players lined up why have a mad rush at the last minute to talk to Lafferty then, if claims are to be believed?

Also why only lined up? Are they not out of contract (waiting until this golden 30th June date) or are we about to spend big cash and just negotiating mega contracts to secure big stars?

I can barely remember a summer that Hibs don't leave it until the last minute. Even Stubbs was signing/trying to sign players after the Championship season had started...
Sit doon and take a deep breath FFS.

Marco G
28-06-2017, 03:19 PM

No evidence we even were interested in signing him though is there, other than the in the know tabloids? Ditto Boyce and Stewart. Unlikely to sign players we are not interested in?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Sit doon and take a deep breath FFS.

I'm sitting and breathing fine, thanks for your concern.

Also just incase this proceeds, I also haven't wet the bed - checked this morning.

Velma Dinkley

Do you really think we had a desperate last minute chat with Lafferty? His agent will have been touting him about for ages so it seems unlikely.

Hibby70
I'm more concerned that we may have been in for him than the fact we never got him.

Gordy M

We have already signed three, more or less the same as aberdeen....more than hearts and st johinstone. Its seems like when we sign players early folk forget about them and start moaning about lack of activity??

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Do you really think we had a desperate last minute chat with Lafferty? His agent will have been touting him about for ages so it seems unlikely.

Ok, ignoring that. We have Jermaine Pennant training with us...

ElginHibbie
28-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Ok, ignoring that. We have Jermaine Pennant training with us...

...and there is no indication we are anywhere near offering him a deal

Pete
28-06-2017, 03:22 PM
The meeting with us was maybe a tactic by his agent to get Hearts to shell out a bit more. By all accounts he certainly spent a bit more time there than he did with ourselves.

That's the way it goes and it was probably all decided beforehand.

bingo70
28-06-2017, 03:23 PM
No evidence we even were interested in signing him though is there, other than the in the know tabloids? Ditto Boyce and Stewart. Unlikely to sign players we are not interested in?

The fact he's now signed for Hearts and the perception is we missed out on him if we didn't really want him we should be coming out publicly and stating that. Not doing so is playing into their hands and giving ammunition to this big team wee team pish.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:24 PM
We have already signed three, more or less the same as aberdeen....more than hearts and st johinstone. Its seems like when we sign players early folk forget about them and start moaning about lack of activity??

We are the promoted team and have a tiny squad. We currently only have 3 strikers and that is including Graham (woeful) and Boyle (winger). Lack of activity is fine but there are good players being snapped up and we seem to just be on holiday now after the initial 3 signings. May is rumoured to be close to moving to Aberdeen in some way shape or form...my question is if Lennon wants us to be up challenging etc. what players are we getting if all these are being snapped up?

Borderhibbie76
28-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Dodged a bullet, I'm delighted - on and off the field not what we need at Hibs.

Fair brightened my day :greengrin Ciftci please Neil !
Have to say I agree...eager to see strikers signed asap but this one filled me with dread tbh...the Yams are welcome to him and hopefully swallowed up all their budget into the bargain...win win!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

madhatter
...and there is no indication we are anywhere near offering him a deal

Why is he here again then? Hibs running an 30+ year old training camp for professional football players?

Sean1875
and the disabled drivers around ER all breath a collective sigh of relief..

Pete

The only one in a mad rush is yourself mate.

No need for all this hysterical stuff.

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 03:26 PM

I love how folk think this date is some made up *****. Players contracted till end of June can speak to clubs and verbally agree maybe that's happened already and we will announce a few over the next week or so? Hibs will lose out on targets just like Man U or Chelsea do that's football. But we will be looking at quality as well to replace Jason.

People can't seriously think Hibs will just sit back and pick up scraps at the end of the window. It's not like Calderwood/Fenlon days. We will have a good squad come the start of the season I've no doubt about it.

Bob Box Fish
28-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Just on SSN that he's signed a 2 yr deal with hearts .

Pleased we are not getting him.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:27 PM
The only one in a mad rush is yourself mate.

No need for all this hysterical stuff.

Mad rush with what exactly?

Hysterical? People are good at reading into emotions/feelings from text on a forum...

ElginHibbie
28-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Why is he here again then? Hibs running an 30+ year old training camp for professional football players?

He is here to try earn a contract, not be handed one as you seem to think is the case

Thegreenside
I will say at the end of the transfer window if I'm concerned about us signing him

Gordy M
We are the promoted team and have a tiny squad. We currently only have 3 strikers and that is including Graham (woeful) and Boyle (winger). Lack of activity is fine but there are good players being snapped up and we seem to just be on holiday now after the initial 3 signings. May is rumoured to be close to moving to Aberdeen in some way shape or form...my question is if Lennon wants us to be up challenging etc. what players are we getting if all these are being snapped up?
Do you honestly think LD and NL want us playing back in the prem with murray and graham as our strike force?? Think about it. As for missing out.....Stewart, Lafferty or May? May would prob be best out the three, but a huge risk after his injury....the other 2....not for me, so i dont feel like we have missed out on anybody. Why is it when any other team sign someone....we have automatically missed out?

Thecat23
The fact he's now signed for Hearts and the perception is we missed out on him if we didn't really want him we should be coming out publicly and stating that. Not doing so is playing into their hands and giving ammunition to this big team wee team pish.

Who cares about this "big team" pish? We don't have to say anything on the matter. Hearts aren't a big team so let them think whatever as it's embarrassing when they spout that.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:30 PM
I love how folk think this date is some made up *****. Players contracted till end of June can speak to clubs and verbally agree maybe that's happened already and we will announce a few over the next week or so? Hibs will lose out on targets just like Man U or Chelsea do that's football. But we will be looking at quality as well to replace Jason.

People can't seriously think Hibs will just sit back and pick up scraps at the end of the window. It's not like Calderwood/Fenlon days. We will have a good squad come the start of the season I've no doubt about it.

I'll wait to see what we are like come start of the season. I have hope but that is it, faith in board is still tarnished some what for me and I will wait to see the backing Lennon gets.

Geo_1875
28-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Was he seen at ER or EM? Was it when Lennon was in Spain for Strachan's birthday bash?

flash

Do you like Hibs? You hide it well.

GreenNWhiteArmy

Exactly. The only worry I have is replacing Jason but we've signed a midfielder that scored almost as many as our other midfielders COMBINED!!

Aberdeen I'd imagine will be a bit ahead of us next season and rangers are an unknown quantity. Therefore direct rivals (going on last season's standings) will be Partick, Hearts and St J. Who have they signed that concerns us so much?

I think some folk just preferred the days we released 12 players and signed 15 every year!!

We need 4 players for next season but so does almost every club in Europe let's just chill out and enjoy the summer holidays. We're in a healthy position

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 03:33 PM
I'll wait to see what we are like come start of the season. I have hope but that is it, faith in board is still tarnished some what for me and I will wait to see the backing Lennon gets.

Nothing at all wrong with that. I think after our history the board are working on doing better after letting us down over the years.

See where we are come the first game and you'll have a much better view regarding who we have brought in. 👍🏼

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Care to elaborate?

GreenCastle
28-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Would actually be concerned if they had signed Boyce, Moult, Cummings or Adam Rooney.

Hopefully he's costing them a fortune and their agent has played a blinder playing the clubs off against each other in the media.

I would prefer we got more speed in our team rather than the 6ft massive players Levein loves to sign.

Can't wait for the Cathro v Lafferty threads to appear when the 1st bust up happens. :greengrin

Pete
28-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Mad rush with what exactly?

Hysterical? People are good at reading into emotions/feelings from text on a forum...

Mad rush to criticise and stick the boot in.

We can only try...and yup, that's what I'm getting.

superfurryhibby

Indeed, this is a reasonable observation. When people are still going on about faith in the board still tarmished after the three years we've seen of financial committment and quality signings, kind of makes you wonder.

I fully trust tha Lennon will be backed to the best of our financial abilities. I remain excited at our prospects for the coming season and trust that we will be well equipped for the fray when the season starts.

Aldo
I'm sticking to my initial thoughts last week mate - SJM being the pivot for Hendo and/or GMS - with Ciftci now a distinct possibility too. Lots to negotiate but I'm pretty sure we'll see two from Celtic arrive.

Main thing for me is not seeing Lafferty in a Hibs jersey, unless it's hinging oot Efe's pocket :greengrin

Nice one! I think we will see something and I would hope a wee announcement over weekend to prevent this place going into meltdown!

Velma Dinkley
28-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Cathro's tactics of playing without goalposts should suit a striker who doesn't score goals.

oldbutdim
28-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Who cares about this "big team" pish? We don't have to say anything on the matter. Hearts aren't a big team so let them think whatever as it's embarrassing when they spout that.

I actually quite like the 'big team/wee team' stuff. When some sparryheid comes out with it and I react by s******ing they get really angry. It seems the 'banter' has now morphed into a genuine belief amongst the poor souls.

It's brilliant.

Nemo
28-06-2017, 03:38 PM

Knowing how competitive NL is

There's not a chance in hell we're just sitting about

Well...Lets hope not ha ha

...Just looking through the papers the perception being played out, rightly or wrongly

is that it was a tussle between us and them and KL chose them over us

If we're a changed club, that can't happen again.

perception is reality, once okay, but no more

if you really want a player and hearts do too make sure you F*****G get him!!

madhatter
28-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Indeed, this is a reasonable observation. When people are still going on about faith in the board still tarmished after the three years we've seen of financial committment and quality signings, kind of makes you wonder.

I fully trust tha Lennon will be backed to the best of our financial abilities. I remain excited at our prospects for the coming season and trust that we will be well equipped for the fray when the season starts.

So his assumption that I don't like Hibs is a "reasonable observation" and it makes you wonder "when people are still going on about faith in the board still tarnished after the three years we've seen". To just point out a few things that might clarify my stance: I've supported Hibs longer than three years, there has been many more than three years worth of lack of spending from Hibs, I've been to every home game for the past three seasons, I have a season ticket that I bought, some would probably say in a mad rush, for this coming season but my frustration in lack of signings makes you wonder...that makes me wonder...a lot of wondering going about, I guess that's what a forum is for, opinions and thoughts.

Everyone has a right to still feel suspicious of the board, we watched for years as we descended into chaos and eventually got relegated. Why wouldn't you be skeptical? Three half decent seasons in the Championship means all is healed (obviously winning the cup is a superb achievement)?

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Last time he scored there were no robots.

:faf:
:thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Brilliant news.

Always good when they have a total roaster in their team.

Hearts fans will be thinking they got one up on us. Six months from now they'll be slaughtering the guy for being the huddy that we already know he is.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Not going to pretend that i'm disappointed he didnt sign for us, he's an absolute welt who will fit in much better at the wongadome.

Hearts are absolute mugs. They want to sign Lafferty, tell him they won't pay him what he wants so his agent calls up Hibs to arrange a meeting, lets the media know that Hibs are making a "last gasp desperate attempt to steal Lafferty from under Hearts' nose" go back to Tynecastle and suddenly an acceptable deal is on the table......Lafferty and his agent have played them like a fiddle and in thier absolute fear of Hibs beating them AGAIN have chucked money at a bang-average player who the majority of hibs fans didn't want us to sign in the first place.

when will they learn

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2017, 03:54 PM
So his assumption that I don't like Hibs is a "reasonable observation" and it makes you wonder "when people are still going on about faith in the board still tarnished after the three years we've seen". To just point out a few things that might clarify my stance: I've supported Hibs longer than three years, there has been many more than three years worth of lack of spending from Hibs, I've been to every home game for the past three seasons, I have a season ticket that I bought, some would probably say in a mad rush, for this coming season but my frustration in lack of signings makes you wonder...that makes me wonder...a lot of wondering going about, I guess that's what a forum is for, opinions and thoughts.

Everyone has a right to still feel suspicious of the board, we watched for years as we descended into chaos and eventually got relegated. Why wouldn't you be skeptical? Three half decent seasons in the Championship means all is healed (obviously winning the cup is a superb achievement)?

Ignore them.

You'll be be called a Yam shortly no doubt. It's the price you pay for going against the grain sometimes.

Whilst I don't agree with you on this thread it's clear to me that you're as much a Hibs fan as anyone else on here.

jeffers
28-06-2017, 03:55 PM

I don't have an issue with anything you've said. Until we announce a decent replacement for Cummings I think it's natural some of us have concerns. I don't know how well the board have backed Lennon, I do know he stated we wanted players in January and we signed noone on transfer deadline day.

The money from the sale of Cummings should give us the means to sign (a) very good player(s), hopefully we see that happening soon.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 03:58 PM
If we're a changed club, that can't happen again.

Of course it can. wages, length of contract, signing on fee, guarantees to play can all affect a player's decision.

if you really want a player and hearts do too make sure you F*****G get him!!

Only if it's on terms suitable to us.

It looks to me like hearts have gone over budget to get Lafferty. That's bad business.

bingo70
28-06-2017, 03:59 PM

I care if they are using hibs as a vehicle to make themselves look better.

Like it or not it's in the public domain that we lost out to them so the perception of us is that they've beat us, if that's not true we should be saying it publicly.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Like it or not it's in the public domain that we lost out to them so the perception of us is that they've beat us, if that's not true we should be saying it publicly.

Just need to thump them in the derbies...

RossScott1991
28-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Thank god. Now gives me belief we will actually sign better, you'd think the length of this thread it was Leigh Griffiths we were in a tug of war over. Some fans on here blinded by the need to get one over Hearts that they forgot that the player in mention was Kyle F-ing Lafferty who has barely hit double figures in a single season!

Jambos can celebrate this as a victory, I will even toast with them In sigh of relief! To think our first season back in 3 years in premiership could have had Lafferty leading charge is scary.

Now Hibs, lets sign a proper goalscorer hitman!

Gordy M
28-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Ignore them.

You'll be be called a Yam shortly no doubt. It's the price you pay for going against the grain sometimes.

Whilst I don't agree with you on this thread it's clear to me that you're as much a Hibs fan as anyone else on here.
Its nothing to do with being a yam? Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions?? Im sorry but thats just strange? If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??

NOLA
28-06-2017, 04:02 PM
So lafferty gets Ģ5k weekly from hertz plus I'd imagine a nice signing on fee, free chips [emoji489] and as many plastic owls 🦉 to run rings round in his garden when they get papped oot the cup [emoji24]

Andy74
28-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Thank god. Now gives me belief we will actually sign better, you'd think the length of this thread it was Leigh Griffiths we were in a tug of war over. Some fans on here blinded by the need to get one over Hearts that they forgot that the player in mention was Kyle F-ing Lafferty who has barely hit double figures in a single season!

Jambos can celebrate this as a victory, I will even toast with them In sigh of relief! To think our first season back in 3 years in premiership could have had Lafferty leading charge is scary.

So why would our next target be better? Wouldn't we have just ignored Lafferty if that was the case?

Maybe we did.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 04:03 PM

I have no doubt at the next press conference Lennon will confirm that we spoke to Lafferty but his wage demands were excessive

Sean1875
28-06-2017, 04:03 PM
In fairness, he's probably an absolute stick on to score in the first derby after all this..

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I actually quite like the 'big team/wee team' stuff. When some sparryheid comes out with it and I react by s******ing they get really angry. It seems the 'banter' has now morphed into a genuine belief amongst the poor souls.

It's brilliant.

That's what I mean, we don't care and that pisses them right off 😂

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:05 PM

Even though I've had a wee rant. Glad we've missed out on Lafferty. Even if he is a success there I don't like him as a person at all and clear signs of Levein pulling the strings there now.

John Balliol...sorry Ian Cathro is doing a wonderful job.

Cifci would excite me more but even then I think we'd need 1 more quality striker.

Velma Dinkley
28-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Of course it can. wages, length of contract, signing on fee, guarantees to play can all affect a player's decision.

It looks to me like hearts have gone over budget to get Lafferty. That's bad business.

If Hibs offered him a deal, and there's nothing to suggest we did (there's no evidence we actually showed an interest in signing him at all) the only way he'd have chosen Hearts is if they offered considerably more money. Their stadium is a crumbling mess and they haven't even got funding in place to complete their main stand (even less now). They don't have their own training facilities. Their head coach was a useless laughing stock last season. And their form was relegation form.

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 04:06 PM

How can you lose a player that was never offered a deal? Just because Lennon was interested doesn't mean he'd have offered a deal Bingo. I think you are looking way to much into what Hearts think.

Let's see how they get on in the derbies next season, we will still have a better squad and better starting 11 and it'll show.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Even though I've had a wee rant. Glad we've missed out on Lafferty. Even if he is a success there I don't like him as a person at all and clear signs of Levein pulling the strings there now.

John Balliol...sorry Ian Cathro is doing a wonderful job.

Cifci would excite me more but even then I think we'd need 1 more quality striker.

Ciftci, Stokes & Moult would do me just fine

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Its nothing to do with being a yam? Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions?? Im sorry but thats just strange? If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??

Where have I ripped into the club? I'm voicing my concerns. If you think I'm ripping into Hibs then I think we'll never agree on anything as I've heard and seen criticism of Hibs and it's above and beyond anything I've put on this thread I'll tell you that.

Fife-Hibee
28-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Not going to pretend that i'm disappointed he didnt sign for us, he's an absolute welt who will fit in much better at the wongadome.

Hearts are absolute mugs. They want to sign Lafferty, tell him they won't pay him what he wants so his agent calls up Hibs to arrange a meeting, lets the media know that Hibs are making a "last gasp desperate attempt to steal Lafferty from under Hearts' nose" go back to Tynecastle and suddenly an acceptable deal is on the table......Lafferty and his agent have played them like a fiddle and in thier absolute fear of Hibs beating them AGAIN have chucked money at a bang-average player who the majority of hibs fans didn't want us to sign in the first place.

when will they learn

10/10 😂

Nemo
28-06-2017, 04:11 PM

My point is

If our interest was only a wee look to see, then don.t get him along to Easter Road for a meeting.

NL could have known what kyle was looking for by calling his agent.

So now the narrative being pushed is that we are somehow the inferior/smaller team AGAIN

what happens on the park comes from what happens off it

if we can't compete with hearts off it (Like the bad old days)

How will we compete on it.

Strange but True!

marinello59
28-06-2017, 04:14 PM
My point is

If our interest was only a wee look to see, then don.t get him along to Easter Road for a meeting.

So now the narrative being pushed is that we are somehow the inferior/smaller team AGAIN

Strange but True!

I think they were competing with themselves for Lafferty, he was never going to play for us. Thank ****.

tamig
28-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Calm doon ffs. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough who we are signing. Chill.

truehibernian
28-06-2017, 04:15 PM

.........relax bingo and just remember Osman Sow :wink: never scored against us, never looked like scoring against us.......according to my Hearts mates he was going to beat Hibs on his own :faf: they 'beat us' to him too :wink:

..............then there was Dylan Bikey :faf:

Let them perpetuate the 'big team' myth, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the fight in the dog :aok: and we have out fought them in the last 7 derbies and it'll continue in that vein under Lennon. Having seen Cathro and MacPhee very close hand even if they had Alves, Benzema and Robben in their side they would still inevitably contrive to **** things up :aok::greengrin

Anyway, I'm opening a nice red to celebrate not signing Lafferty :partyhibb

stantonhibby
28-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Where have I ripped into the club? I'm voicing my concerns. If you think I'm ripping into Hibs then I think we'll never agree on anything as I've heard and seen criticism of Hibs and it's above and beyond anything I've put on this thread I'll tell you that.

Well, in the last hour you have said " we seem to be waiting for scraps" , "on holiday" and running a training camp for 30+ year players. That could constitute ripping into Hibs i would say.

madhatter
Calm doon ffs. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough who we are signing. Chill.

Read later comments please rather than looking to get "chill" and "calm doon" comments out. Keep up with the times!

lyonhibs
We've played a blinder here. Drummed up some "last minute interest" in him (it's not as if Lafferty is an​ unknown quantity from left field, especially for Lennon. If we'd seriously wanted him, we'd have been in for him well before now) that's forced Hearts to up their offer for a player that rarely got double figures in a Rangers side far better than this collection of disgruntled souls managed by a talking thesaurus with sod all tactical acumen.

Delighted he's not a Hibs player. Bang average and a welt to boot. IMO

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:21 PM
We've played a blinder here. Drummed up some "last minute interest" in him (it's not as if Lafferty is an​ unknown quantity from left field, especially for Lennon. If we'd seriously wanted him, we'd have been in for him well before now) that's forced Hearts to up their offer for a player that rarely got double figures in a Rangers side far better than this collection of disgruntled souls managed by a talking thesaurus with sod all tactical acumen.

Delighted he's not a Hibs player. Bang average and a welt to boot. IMO

Do you seriously think we showed interest in him to force Hearts to pay more for him ?

Pete
My point is

Strange but True!

How would you get Hearts to give the best deal if you were an agent? Would you tell them you'd made a phone call or would you let them know your player had made the effort to speak to someone else directly.

Narratives are being pushed all right.

tamig
Read later comments please rather than looking to get "chill" and "calm doon" comments out. Keep up with the times!

Far too many folk like you concerned about this perceived lack of transfer activity. Just gets on my wick.

Thecat23
Ciftci, Stokes & Moult would do me just fine

Now that would be good if we got 2 of those three.

hibsbollah
28-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Quite magnificent news:rockin: I had a irrational fear that we are actually going to sign the banjo plucking fandan.

Pete
Do you seriously think we showed interest in him to force Hearts to pay more for him ?

It's probably the other way around.

Heisenberg
Now that would be good if we got 2 of those three.

It would be incredible but sadly won't happen, Moult especially.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Well, in the last hour you have said " we seem to be waiting for scraps" , "on holiday" and running a training camp for 30+ year players. That could constitute ripping into Hibs i would say.

I would say it isn't, "we seem" is obviously an opinion I have hence the use of "seem". "on holiday" is ripping into Hibs? I think you might need a holiday - holidays are good things! "Hibs running an 30+ year old training camp for professional football players?" was a question as you can see and was meant to sarcastically point out my disdain at the 30+ year old ex-Premiership players coming to us either for training or for permanent contracts. Liked Holt's contribution last season but hardly forward thinking bringing these players in.

SirDavidsNapper
28-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Very, very good singing for Hearts. Can't dress it up any other way. We need to get finger out and sign Moult. Berra and Lafferty would walk into any non OF team in league.

bingo70
How can you lose a player that was never offered a deal? Just because Lennon was interested doesn't mean he'd have offered a deal Bingo. I think you are looking way to much into what Hearts think.

Let's see how they get on in the derbies next season, we will still have a better squad and better starting 11 and it'll show.

I don't really care what hearts think but I still want us to defend ourselves when appropriate. If we've been used to increase his negotiating strength we shouldn't just sit back and take it, we should publicly state we were never interested, if we did then a lot of people on here would relax a bit.

What I actually suspect though is that we were interested but we've lost out again.

Gordy M

Aw well thats alright then....if other folk have been more critial of the club they support than you, thats alright then, just you crack on.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Far too many folk like you concerned about this perceived lack of transfer activity. Just gets on my wick.

"Folk like you" sounds a bit extreme tbh, am I a member of a cult or something now? People have every right to be concerned, as you have every right not to be concerned. Do I have the right to tell you to be more concerned? No. Enough said.

18Hibee75
28-06-2017, 04:25 PM
And thank f*** for that.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:26 PM
It's probably the other way around.

Yes I wouldn''t put that past them. But no way do I think we didn't want to speak to him if we weren't at least interested in signing him. I'm not fussed either way as I've not seen enough of him recently, but potentially he could be a decent pairing with Goncalves who I do think is decent.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Aw well thats alright then....if other folk have been more critial of the club they support than you, thats alright then, just you crack on.

Just skip over my question then "Where have I ripped into the club?"

Are you honestly trying to tell me that I have ripped into the club on this thread, really?

Spike Mandela
28-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Very, very good singing for Hearts. Can't dress it up any other way. We need to get finger out and sign Moult. Berra and Lafferty would walk into any non OF team in league.

As would Ambrose and Swanson to be fair.

Iain G
28-06-2017, 04:29 PM

I don't think it is a good signing and would have been dissapointed if we had signed him,

erin go bragh
28-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Think he might just make the difference in them making the top six :)
Really glad we didn't sign him .

Gordy M
28-06-2017, 04:30 PM

Are you honestly trying to tell me that I have ripped into the club on this thread, really?

If you actually read what i wrote i never said u specifically ripped into the club.....but i said you were critisizing the club based on assumptions? Which u are?

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:32 PM
I don't really care what hearts think but I still want us to defend ourselves when appropriate. If we've been used to increase his negotiating strength we shouldn't just sit back and take it, we should publicly state we were never interested, if we did then a lot of people on here would relax a bit.

What I actually suspect though is that we were interested but we've lost out again.

If we didn't defend ourselves after the lies in the DR after the final I very much doubt we'll defend ourselves over the "missed" signing of Lafferty.

Trying to be as unbiased as possible here, you'd say at the very least we are as attractive a proposition for any player as Hearts are and and should be able to match them in wages. Maybe we just didn't think he was worth as much as they did.

truehibernian
28-06-2017, 04:32 PM

We have 3 better centre halfs than Berra at Hibs already :aok: as for Lafferty.......no goals in his last 14 games so I'll gently sip my wine and smile that we dodged a bullet, big time.

Let's just all relax and wait and see who starts up top first few games of the season - have faith mate, and a wee bit patience. All will be revealed as they say :agree:

Ollie Reed
28-06-2017, 04:34 PM
As would Ambrose and Swanson to be fair.

Indeed. Much happier to have the names you mentioned than Berra and Lafferty.

frazeHFC
I think he's a good signing for them, but he's a dirty hun cheat and I didn't want him near our club.

Crab apple
Exactly. The only worry I have is replacing Jason but we've signed a midfielder that scored almost as many as our other midfielders COMBINED!!

Aberdeen I'd imagine will be a bit ahead of us next season and rangers are an unknown quantity. Therefore direct rivals (going on last season's standings) will be Partick, Hearts and St J. Who have they signed that concerns us so much?

I think some folk just preferred the days we released 12 players and signed 15 every year!!

We need 4 players for next season but so does almost every club in Europe let's just chill out and enjoy the summer holidays. We're in a healthy position

They have signed Berra, Lafferty and the young full
back from Man City (on loan). We have signed Ambrose,
Murray and Swanson. I don't think they will be signing many more. I'm sure we will. Whittaker and Rocky are nearly over the line. Provided we also bring in two quality strikers then I'd say our squad is stronger than them and probably Aberdeen too.
I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If it was then I'd have questions.

blackpoolhibs
If they are paying 5k a week for him, they are being robbed.

I'd prefer Stokes every day of the week.

Hibbyradge

His agent may have.

Waxy
28-06-2017, 04:36 PM
A really big percentage of posters on here didnt want him to sign for us. Might have been our most unpopular signing ever.

Nemo
28-06-2017, 04:37 PM
How would you get Hearts to give the best deal if you were an agent? Would you tell them you'd made a phone call or would you let them know your player had made the effort to speak to someone else directly.

Narratives are being pushed all right.

the point you made has nothing to do with what i posted

so ive no idea what your talking about

all the best though:na na:

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:38 PM
If they are paying 5k a week for him, they are being robbed.

I'd prefer Stokes every day of the week.

Absolutely ! While it's a lot of money I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't make this happen. We know what we are getting with Stokes,

lord bunberry
That news has fair cheered me up

madhatter
If you actually read what i wrote i never said u specifically ripped into the club.....but i said you were critisizing the club based on assumptions? Which u are?

Assumptions? Ok, is your comment below not an assumption in itself? You assume folk, I guess like me but that would be an assumption, take pleasure in critisizing the club.

"Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions??"

Maybe I'm making an assumption here but your below comment in reply to another member who said I should ignore people responding to me suggesting I don't love the club, well...does it not suggest that we are already ripping in to them (the club that is)?

"If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??"

I guess you haven't said that specifically, as you put, but again, please don't point to assumptions when you are making some of your own...

I am hopeful of the season ahead and have concerns. You clearly do not. Why is your position more just than mine?

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 04:39 PM

I said, you said, no I didn't, aye you did.

Please either stop this petty point scoring or do it by PM.

Thanks.

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:39 PM
His agent may have.

I have no doubt, but I don't think we are as small minded and petty as them to talk to a player just to ensure they have to pay more to sign him.

Slim Shady
28-06-2017, 04:41 PM

Don't think either would walk into our team, we are still in a fantastic transition period of 'Hibernian Re-born'. We should be looking at signing better than Lafferty to encourage more season tickets. A few new ST's that I have spoken to where in dismay at the thought of signing him. Thinking Hibernian had moved away from players like this.

Would much rather have Commons than Lafferty, I still think we will sign better come July 1st.

HibeeLR
28-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Good news imo.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 04:42 PM
I have no doubt, but I don't think we are as small minded and petty as them to talk to a player just to ensure they have to pay more to sign him.

No, me neither.

Although we did offer Ģ1m for Steven Naismith, did we not? :wink:

Gordy M
28-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Assumptions? Ok, is your comment below not an assumption in itself? You assume folk, I guess like me but that would be an assumption, take pleasure in critisizing the club.

"Its strange that some folk seem to take pleasure in critisizing the club the support and love..... based on rumours and assumtions??"

Maybe I'm making an assumption here but your below comment in reply to another member who said I should ignore people responding to me suggesting I don't love the club, well...does it not suggest that we are already ripping in to them (the club that is)?

"If we sign no one by the start of the season then yes come on a voice your critisism but surely the club you love and support should be at least given time before folk start ripping in to them??"

I guess you haven't said that specifically, as you put, but again, please don't point to assumptions when you are making some of your own...

I am hopeful of the season ahead and have concerns. You clearly do not. Why is your position more just than mine?

'Based on assumptions' as in you have no idea who hibs are after....who they are speaking to or who they have missed out on(if any)? Maybe i should have put rumours rather than assumptions. However the point still stands that u are critisizing the club? Maybe you do have insider knowledge?

My 'assumptions' at that folk 'seem' to take pleasure in critisizing the club is actually giving you the benefit of the doubt that you dont like to critisize...or i would have wrote that you do take pleasure in your critisizm.

Anyway....hopefully we will sign a couple of good strikers and this will be a moot point:thumbsup:

SirDavidsNapper
28-06-2017, 04:47 PM
We have 3 better centre halfs than Berra at Hibs already :aok: as for Lafferty.......no goals in his last 14 games so I'll gently sip my wine and smile that we dodged a bullet, big time.

Let's just all relax and wait and see who starts up top first few games of the season - have faith mate, and a wee bit patience. All will be revealed as they say :agree:
Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:48 PM
No, me neither.

Although we did offer Ģ1m for Steven Naismith, did we not? :wink:

Of course we did and paid a fee of Ģ750K for De la Cruz ! :greengrin

Andy74
28-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Don't think either would walk into our team, we are still in a fantastic transition period of 'Hibernian Re-born'. We should be looking at signing better than Lafferty to encourage more season tickets. A few new ST's that I have spoken to where in dismay at the thought of signing him. Thinking Hibernian had moved away from players like this.

Would much rather have Commons than Lafferty, I still think we will sign better come July 1st.

Moved away from signing players like this?

What does this mean? Are you thinking all Hibs signings from here on are going to be better than Lafferty?

I think a few are over doing this one. He'd be a very good signing for most teams in this league.

Waxy
28-06-2017, 04:51 PM

Cant hear any singing.you saying he's better at singing than football?
Lafferty wouldnt look out of place in a frankie goes to hollywood tribute act so you maybe right.

RossScott1991
28-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Should just close this thread now. He's a Hearts player. Lets focus on other huge threads about someone else better than lafferty !

Pete
28-06-2017, 04:52 PM
the point you made has nothing to do with what i posted

so ive no idea what your talking about

all the best though:na na:

If you can't form a link between my post and the one I quoted then maybe it's best you do wish me all the best.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 04:55 PM
My point is
Strange but True!

You need to stop worrying about what Hearts are doing.

We can't, and more importantly WON'T compete with Hearts off the pitch when they are willing to spend money they don't have on building a new stand, paying stupid wages for average players and spending years and years getting more and more in debt to fund some moderate success and "bragging rights" over us even if it means they put the very existence of thier club at risk and ultimately shaft other football clubs, local businesses and worst of all charities of money owed just so they can say "we're the big team"

Hibs do not need Hearts to justify our existence. We have a history and reputation as a football club that is rich, diverse and overwhelmingly positive.

Hearts are defined by us and thier inferiority complex. calling themselves "the famous" and "big team", celebrating our failure to win the scottish cup more than they celebrate thier own victories....other than the 5-1 hand signs (which is also about beating us rather than winning the cup) how many songs or chants do they have about thier own acheivements? In the last 13 months how many times have hearts mentioned thier "special relationship" with the scottish cup?.....none, because thier "special relationship" wasn't about them winning it but it was about us not and since we won it the relationship isn't so special because its about us and our relationship with that cup not thiers.

At the end of the day, they hate us because they aren't us and never will be and they will do absolutely anything to get one over on us, it's an unhealthy and disturbing way to live, lets leave them to it and focus on what we are doing.

Lendo
28-06-2017, 04:56 PM
They just need to sell one Owl a week for the next two years to cover his wages.

madhatter
28-06-2017, 04:56 PM
'Based on assumptions' as in you have no idea who hibs are after....who they are speaking to or who they have missed out on(if any)? Maybe i should have put rumours rather than assumptions. However the point still stands that u are critisizing the club? Maybe you do have insider knowledge?

My 'assumptions' at that folk 'seem' to take pleasure in critisizing the club is actually giving you the benefit of the doubt that you dont like to critisize...or i would have wrote that you do take pleasure in your critisizm.

Anyway....hopefully we will sign a couple of good strikers and this will be a moot point:thumbsup:

I don't like to criticise, hate it. Just unfortunately it's the only way I can sum up my current feelings on the matter. Probably through historical seasons of let downs (not meaning that critically but the seasons before relegation were a torment). That's just the way I feel about football sometimes as well, not just Hibs. Seeing Bale and Pogba be transferred for the amount they did made me feel sick to be honest.

Yeah, here is hoping for some transfer news shortly and for this all to be left in the past as we finish 3rd and beat Hearts in every derby.

Edit - My feelings on the matter aren't about Lafferty, I think he will prove to be a cheating slow carthorse at best.

HoboHarry
28-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Why do we need two threads on a Hearts player?

Pete
28-06-2017, 04:58 PM

I agree. What they pay has nothing to do with us.

Crab apple
28-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Last time I saw Berra he had EPL players in his back pocket at Hampden. Lafferty is a great signing at this level. My concern is we have not improved on last season's squad. We've signed Swanson but lost Cummings and been linked with Whittaker who plays the same position as our club captain. Murray is no better than Keatings in my opinion and we've lost Fyvie. Signing Marciano and Effe would be good but they were here last season so hardly an improvement. At this moment in time both Aberdeen and Hearts are doing better business while we get Jermaine Pennant in for a look. Last ditch attempts to hyjack other teams signing targets is extremely concerning to me. That's how I see it at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong.

Murray and Swanson. I don't think they will be signing many more. I'm sure we will. Whittaker and Rocky are nearly over the line. Provided we also bring in two quality strikers then I'd say our squad is stronger than them and probably Aberdeen too.
I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If as you say this was a last ditch attempt by us then I agree it would be concerning.

Nemo
If you can't form a link between my post and the one I quoted then maybe it's best you do wish me all the best.

see ive still no idea what your talking about

make sense man

hibbydog
Lafferty is a poor player and a despicable so and so (Charlie Mulgrew incident sticks in my mind).

I'm delighted we've not signed him. The thought of swapping Cummings or Holt for Lafferty just sucked.

That mob are welcome to him.

He'll probably score against Hibs now.

Brooster
28-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Phew. Thank goodness for that. I was coming out in a cold sweat at the thought of him signing for us.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 05:00 PM
great signing for us........:greengrin

Onion
28-06-2017, 05:03 PM
No tears shed, suits the Yams perfectly and they'll be paying more than they can afford for "winning" his signature. Happy days :thumbsup:

thebausburst
28-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Key quote post signing I think speaks volumes "it’s important that I was coming to a place where I know I’d get along with the supporters"

Pete
28-06-2017, 05:04 PM
see ive still no idea what your talking about

make sense man

I've no time to contextualise or explain everything I write.

Again, if you can't form a link between what you said and what I wrote then I've no time for you.

You're deliberately being an erse.

truehibernian
28-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Fair enough bud, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and respect your post.

I do recall seeing Non League 'giants' Lincoln City pulling Berra and his defence this way and that in their FA Cup loss to them. Also don't get your point about Rocky and Efe 'hardly an improvement' ? Are you wanting quantity or quality in your signing policy ? Because if you want quality as a supporter, you'll have that (and enjoy the fact) in Rocky and Efe, regardless of whether they were here last season or not - they improve the team. If you simply want to add numbers to the squad, sorry, we don't need the Yogi Hughes 'goalie school' or the days of having Sean O'Hanlon or David Stephens at centre half.

Roxyhibee
28-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Marciano, Ambrose, Murray and Swanson are all better signings than Lafferty.

Mikey09

Are they aye?! Personally I'd prefer to be patient and get the right player. How would you have reacted if we'd signed Cole Stockton?

Nemo
You need to stop worrying about what Hearts are doing.

We can't, and more importantly WON'T compete with Hearts off the pitch when they are willing to spend money they don't have on building a new stand, paying stupid wages for average players and spending years and years getting more and more in debt to fund some moderate success and "bragging rights" over us even if it means they put the very existence of thier club at risk and ultimately shaft other football clubs, local businesses and worst of all charities of money owed just so they can say "we're the big team"

Hibs do not need Hearts to justify our existence. We have a history and reputation as a football club that is rich, diverse and overwhelmingly positive.

Hearts are defined by us and thier inferiority complex. calling themselves "the famous" and "big team", celebrating our failure to win the scottish cup more than they celebrate thier own victories....other than the 5-1 hand signs (which is also about beating us rather than winning the cup) how many songs or chants do they have about thier own acheivements? In the last 13 months how many times have hearts mentioned thier "special relationship" with the scottish cup?.....none, because thier "special relationship" wasn't about them winning it but it was about us not and since we won it the relationship isn't so special because its about us and our relationship with that cup not thiers.

At the end of the day, they hate us because they aren't us and never will be and they will do absolutely anything to get one over on us, it's an unhealthy and disturbing way to live, lets leave them to it and focus on what we are doing.

Not overly interested in what hearts are doing

iam however interested when we allegedly go for the same player and lose out.

"IF" we wanted him we should have made damn sure we got him, was the thrust of my point.

RossScott1991
28-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Please just close this thread! sick of reading about Lafferty. I'd say 80% of us didn't want him. We don't have him. Lets move on. This is a guy whos scored about 70 career goals in near 400 games or something like that! he's a lanky streak of p**h and is not worth 20 odd pages on a forum.

truehibernian
28-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Phew. Thank goodness for that. I was coming out in a cold sweat at the thought of him signing for us.

Part of me thinks there has been a little bit of devilment at play here too brooster :agree:

On field and off field, as I posted last week, wouldn't want him sitting in the ER stands let alone in become a Hibs player. I'm fair 'cheesin' as my son would say. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Not overly interested in what hearts are doing

iam however interested when we allegedly go for the same player and lose out ( thats whats being played out in the media)

IF we wanted him we should have made damn sure we got him, was the thrust of my point.

And it was totally wrong.

Do you really want Hearts to dictate how much we pay for a player?

Or the length of his contract?

Or how many games he is guaranteed to start?

That's what your naive position would give us.

Secondly, do you even know for sure we did want him? No, me neither.

SirDavidsNapper
28-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Fair enough bud, it's all about opinions at the end of the day and respect your post.

I do recall seeing Non League 'giants' Lincoln City pulling Berra and his defence this way and that in their FA Cup loss to them. Also don't get your point about Rocky and Efe 'hardly an improvement' ? Are you wanting quantity or quality in your signing policy ? Because if you want quality as a supporter, you'll have that (and enjoy the fact) in Rocky and Efe, regardless of whether they were here last season or not - they improve the team. If you simply want to add numbers to the squad, sorry, we don't need the Yogi Hughes 'goalie school' or the days of having Sean O'Hanlon or David Stephens at centre half.
Good point. Guess Well just need to see where we are when window closes

GreenCastle
28-06-2017, 05:16 PM
His words in the video on the Hearts Twitter are 'have the assistant Austin nibble in my ear the last 4-6 months' - basically admitting to MacPhee tapping him up while still a Norwich player the last few months played a part in him signing.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Here's what they're paying for;

https://youtu.be/B3iUDg6JEo0

KWJ
28-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Good and fitting signing for them, glad he's not a hibs player and can still give him it tight for being a despicable fud.

hibsbollah
28-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Delighted.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Now he's signed for that lot, I'm very happy that I posted my opinion of him this morning. Not changing my mind after the fact; I didn't want him at Hibs. I think we can do better for the sort of wage he'll be after. He'll definitely be my new Yam hate figure - total bellend.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2017, 05:28 PM
He'll be just as loathsome to Hibs fans as Skacel. Just wait until he starts his antics. A banger of a man.

H18 SFR
28-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Please just close this thread! sick of reading about Lafferty. I'd say 80% of us didn't want him. We don't have him. Lets move on. This is a guy whos scored about 70 career goals in near 400 games or something like that! he's a lanky streak of p**h and is not worth 20 odd pages on a forum.

Perfect post.

Captain Trips
28-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Lafferty becomes available and quite simply could be he was not in plans but NL thought maybe he might be what I am looking for but not breaking the bank, found out roughly what he wants NL ends it there as perhaps has budget tied up. I honestly believe our interest was a punt to see how much wanted and ended there simply we will take him if good wage p/w if not no worries.

portyhibernian
28-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Could be a good signing for them. Total helmet of a guy though.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Could be a good signing for them. Total helmet of a guy though.

He'll suit their long ball game, but he's very limited. Very slow and awkward, a decent centre half will mark him out of a game. His scoring record is pitiful.

Borderhibbie76
28-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Lafferty becomes available and quite simply could be he was not in plans but NL thought maybe he might be what I am looking for but not breaking the bank, found out roughly what he wants NL ends it there as perhaps has budget tied up. I honestly believe our interest was a punt to see how much wanted and ended there simply we will take him if good wage p/w if not no worries.
I agree don't think our interest was ever anything more than this...been played up by press and his Agent to con more money out the Yams (so not all bad 😜)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
28-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Kyle Lafferty AKA Greg Louganis

Scott Allan Key
28-06-2017, 05:44 PM
He likes to give head to opposition players. Sorry, 'use his head on'. I'm not helping him out much. Should be a laff watching the fruit loop get the pink missed every time he comes up against McGregor. Next, Jambon, Jambon.

mowgli
28-06-2017, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure we were interested in Lafferty. If we were I'd hope it was as one of a number of targets to replace Holt and not as our main striker. If as you say this was a last ditch attempt by us then I agree it would be concerning.

Aswell as Berra,Lafferty and Ashley Brown Hearts have signed Stockton and Grzelak and nearly completed signing Michael Smith.

CorrieHibs
I think he's a decent player and with a proven goal scorer up front he would be valuable. However goncalves isn't much of a goal scorer, granted he'll get goals here and there. Unless they are looking for an actual goal scorer as well but they have broke the bank on this one.

Or are they thinking the boy from trammere will provide the goals?

Confident than who ever we play at centre back will deal with Lafferty.

NAE NOOKIE
When you boil it down he has Yam signing all over him ..... reverting back to the battering ram style which has served them so well over the years in getting the better of actual football teams, it has Levin written all over it, I wonder if Cathro has been told yet. I would have given him a chance if he had signed for us, but I'm not exactly going to be crying into my Cornflakes because he has gone to them., given his scoring record at club level over the last few years there's as much chance he will be an expensive failure as a success ... which is exactly the chance we would have been taking.

The question to be asked here in my opinion isn't, if Hibs seriously did want him, why couldn't we match the Yams offer? The question has to be once again if Hibs seriously did want him, how was it the Hearts were able to top what we were offering? I highly doubt we would have offered him a contract for less than the two years he has been given by them, so I doubt that was it .... in which case it comes down to money.

I doubt Hibs would have offered less than Ģ2,000 a week if we were serious about him, which means the Yams offered more ...... so the big question is, not for the first time, where are a club selling scrap and baking cakes to raise 3 million quid they need but don't have, by their own admission, getting the money to sign players on contracts paying over Ģ2,000 a week?

Anybody else getting a feeling of deja vu? :greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
28-06-2017, 05:50 PM

Don't read any more of it then. Not sure why folk insist on asking for threads to be closed because they don't like what they're reading, it's childish and embarrassing.

Nemo
28-06-2017, 05:51 PM
And it was totally wrong.

Do you really want Hearts to dictate how much we pay for a player?

Or the length of his contract?

Or how many games he is guaranteed to start?

That's what your naive position would give us.

Secondly, do you even know for sure we did want him? No, me neither.

Naive? possibly.

But i think if you really want something you go and get it.

its all about how much you want it and what you're prepared to pay

hate the thought of being outdone by that lot.

BroxburnHibee
28-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Don't read any more of it then. Not sure why folk insist on asking for threads to be closed because they don't like what they're reading, it's childish and embarrassing.

Yep but we don't need 2 threads discussing a Hearts signing so I've merged them.

Dan Sarf
28-06-2017, 05:54 PM
It dawns on Lafferty what he's done

Fife-Hibee
28-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Naive? possibly.

Where's the proof we have been out done by them ? Maybe just maybe he's not worth what he's asking ! I'm glad he's over there" well suited !!

Pete
28-06-2017, 06:05 PM

:rotflmao:

jax67
28-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Now Walker can leave, they've replaced his penalty claims for the coming season

Crab apple
28-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Aswell as Berra,Lafferty and Ashley Brown Hearts have signed Stockton and Grzelak and nearly completed signing Michael Smith.

I'd forgotten about them. Still think we're quite a bit stronger than them provided we get two quality strikers in.

Nemo
28-06-2017, 06:11 PM
I've no time to contextualise or explain everything I write.

Again, if you can't form a link between what you said and what I wrote then I've no time for you.

You're deliberately being an erse.

calm down dear

Nemo
28-06-2017, 06:12 PM
:rotflmao:

Whats funny

You stalking me :agree:

lord bunberry
28-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Lafferty is a ****in donkey, I'm more concerned that we were trying to sign him in the first place.

Nemo
28-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Where's the proof we have been out done by them ? Maybe just maybe he's not worth what he's asking ! I'm glad he's over there" well suited !!

did i say we have, no

is it possible that we could be, Yes

Why?

because he could actually turn out okay, can you tell me for certain otherwise

Smartie
28-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Naive? possibly.

Well I've got bad news for you son.

They've been outdoing us at being 12-fingered, sister-pumping, chip-munching, charity-robbing, small-business-bumping, puddle-drinking gimps for as long as I've been alive.

When it comes to the above characteristics, we will forever be in their shadow.

I'm not too worried about being beaten to the signing of an over-priced huddy by that mob.

Aldo
28-06-2017, 06:39 PM
If they are paying 5k a week for him, they are being robbed. I'd prefer Stokes every day of the week.

You mentioned a percentage the other nite BH regarding Blackburm Rovers. If they are paying KL 5 K a week I know where I'd rather spend that sort of money and that's on Stokes!

Sean1875
28-06-2017, 06:47 PM
he's put a message up on twitter stating how after playing against hearts and seeing how passionate their fans are and the history of the club that it made his decision to join them 'very easy' ... so easy he had to meet them 3 times on three different days to obviously try broker a better deal for himself and also held talks with their biggest rivals in that time.. [emoji848][emoji849]

as predicted though, the yams are absolutely eating it up. can't wait until they realise he's an absolute donkey, absolute miracle if he reaches double figures next year.

chinaman
28-06-2017, 06:52 PM
The loyalist halfwit has signed for the poppy thieves according to sky.
Hope its true, the horrible cheating pair are a great match

Speedway
28-06-2017, 07:38 PM
The highs and lows of new Hearts signing Kyle Lafferty's time in Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40437416

This is what they've paid top dollar for.

Don't know about you lot but I'm sleeping VERY easily after this news.

Earlydelivery
28-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Lennon never even met him , was supposed to travel down to east mains today but never turned up , he has 2 great agents , playing us , and them at the game !!!!!

CMurdoch
28-06-2017, 07:49 PM
The highs and lows of new Hearts signing Kyle Lafferty's time in Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40437416

This is what they've paid top dollar for.

Don't know about you lot but I'm sleeping VERY easily after this news.

His goal against Hibs in that clip is good but the rest are fairly pants.
My money is on him to have a good 1st season for Hearts.

Earlydelivery
28-06-2017, 07:49 PM
And that's from the horses mouth .

lapsedhibee
28-06-2017, 08:01 PM
A really big percentage of posters on here didnt want him to sign for us. Might have been our most unpopular signing ever.

Possibly, though if we'd got Brellier when we were after him that would have been worse.

H18 SFR
28-06-2017, 08:36 PM
The loyalist halfwit has signed for the poppy thieves according to sky.
Hope its true, the horrible cheating pair are a great match

Is he not Roman Catholic? He was certainly married first time in a Catholic Church to the Miss Scotland at the time.

LaMotta
28-06-2017, 08:49 PM
And that's from the horses mouth .

Which horse?

Big_Franck
28-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Is he not Roman Catholic? He was certainly married first time in a Catholic Church to the Miss Scotland at the time.

I very much doubt it, not many catholics grow up supporting rangers in northern ireland. Not that it matters either way.

Delighted we've steered clear of this absolute huddy. I give it 5 games before he's getting booed by the saviles.

eastmainsmsh
28-06-2017, 09:16 PM
I bet they were banking on oshiniwa going to get lafferty

H18 SFR
28-06-2017, 09:17 PM
I very much doubt it, not many catholics grow up supporting rangers in northern ireland. Not that it matters either way.

Delighted we've steered clear of this absolute huddy. I give it 5 games before he's getting booed by the saviles.

Seems he was married in a catholic ceremony...

Lafferty married former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh at St Margaret's Roman Catholic Church, in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, in June 2012.

Bostonhibby
28-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Pleased he's ended up at the yam, potter type of player potter type of signing and they are looking even more like a potter team. We've just got to pray for father Dougal. Think his days are numbered as you don't really need a lap top and his general tactical denius to shout launch the ball to big Kylie.

chinaman
28-06-2017, 09:26 PM

He's a "proud prod"
Might be the catholic sounding surname that's confusing.
Bit like lenny murphy ; he of Shankill butcher infamy.
Just cos he got married in a chapel doesn't mean he's a catholic anymore than sticking a piece of chewing gum in a hole in your tooth makes you a dentist

Mr White
28-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Seems he was married in a catholic ceremony...

Lafferty married former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh at St Margaret's Roman Catholic Church, in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, in June 2012.
My dad was married in a roman catholic church despite being raised in a protestant family environment. More than likely Mr Lafferty doesnt give that much of a **** about religion. It's more common in NI than you might think.

1875STEVE
28-06-2017, 09:38 PM
There you go, he didnt turn up to meeting with Lennon.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/28/kyle-lafferty-hopes-hearts-switch-can-pave-way-world-cup-northern-ireland/?platform=hootsuite (http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/28/kyle-lafferty-hopes-hearts-switch-can-pave-way-world-cup-northern-ireland/?platform=hootsuite)

We never got as far as offering a deal

1875STEVE
28-06-2017, 09:49 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1211941/kyle-lafferty-hibs-hearts-neil-lennon-ian-cathro/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Heisenberg
28-06-2017, 09:50 PM
There you go, he didnt turn up to meeting with Lennon.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/28/kyle-lafferty-hopes-hearts-switch-can-pave-way-world-cup-northern-ireland/?platform=hootsuite (http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/06/28/kyle-lafferty-hopes-hearts-switch-can-pave-way-world-cup-northern-ireland/?platform=hootsuite)

We never got as far as offering a deal

Looks like Austin Macphee played a huge part in it too. We'll move on to the next one.

Eyrie
28-06-2017, 09:53 PM
McPhee influences Lafferty whilst Lennon influences Ambrose.

I know which I'd prefer.

truehibernian
28-06-2017, 09:54 PM

I know which I'd prefer.

Maybe Lennon influences Stokes :cb

Deansy
28-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Let's be honest, he was never gonna sign for us (thank fxxx !) - his history, moral-character and mentality would never have fitted in at ER whereas he's tailor-made for them ! Never has 'losing' (aye right :faf:) to them felt so good !

Pete
28-06-2017, 10:02 PM
"Focal point".

That's one way of putting it.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2017, 10:02 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1211941/kyle-lafferty-hibs-hearts-neil-lennon-ian-cathro/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Comes across as a bell end

MyJo
28-06-2017, 10:07 PM
haha even the slightest suggestion that Hearts would lose out on signing him to us was enough for them to break open the cow bank and throw the coppers at him begging him to sign.

Franck Stanton
28-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Whilst I am over the moon we haven't signed Lafferty, I am however a wee bit worried as it, to me anyway, indicate we haven't another striker currently in negotiations and anyone we do go for will know he is not our first choice.

Captain Trips
28-06-2017, 10:24 PM
An expensive lump of pish that is well suited to that mob. Delighted he joined them.

Jim44
28-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Whilst I am over the moon we haven't signed Lafferty, I am however a wee bit worried as it, to me anyway, indicate we haven't another striker currently in negotiations and anyone we do go or will know he is not our first choice.

Do you really think he was our first choice? If true, which I doubt, we could be in serious trouble. I assumed he was going to be a sort of target man for our first choice striker. Did Lennon actually come out and say he was our main target?

Andy74
28-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Do you really think he was our first choice? If true, which I doubt, we could be in serious trouble. I assumed he was going to be a sort of target man for our first choice striker. Did Lennon actually come out and say he was our main target?

Maybe not a target initially but we obviously asked to speak to him. Tells me we would have signed him if we had the chance. You've got to take from that we thought he was better than others we are looking at.

Jim44
28-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Maybe not a target initially but we obviously asked to speak to him. Tells me we would have signed him if we had the chance. You've got to take from that we thought he was better than others we are looking at.

Depressing.:worried:

Velma Dinkley
28-06-2017, 10:37 PM

We did have a chance, as did various other clubs, and only one club signed him. There's been nothing to suggest any club other than Hearts actually tried to sign him. It suggests we're still trying to do deals with players Lennon feels are better.

Andy74
28-06-2017, 10:41 PM
We did have a chance, as did various other clubs, and only one club signed him. There's been nothing to suggest any club other than Hearts actually tried to sign him. It suggests we're still trying to do deals with players Lennon feels are better.

Lennon appears to have been sat with his agent today.

I think you know what I'm saying. If he wanted to sign for us we'd probably have done it. Most folk think he's a huddy so they might be relieved it didn't come to pass but if we wanted him it means we preferred him to other players we could sign for that position.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Can we close this thread now?

His agents spent 3 days negotiating with Hearts, on the 4th day they reached out to Hibs and we agreed to a meeting, Hearts keeked themselves gave him what he wanted and the fud didnt even bother to turn up to the meeting with us.

We weren't chasing him, we hadn't offered him Ģ5k a week, we were used by Lafferty and his agents as a bargaining chip with the yams and they fell for it hook, line and sinker like the muppets they are.

case closed, lets move on to our real signing targets.

Velma Dinkley
28-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Lennon appears to have been sat with his agent today.

I think you know what I'm saying. If he wanted to sign for us we'd probably have done it. Most folk think he's a huddy so they might be relieved it didn't come to pass but if we wanted him it means we preferred him to other players we could sign for that position.

And we have no idea if Lennon wanted him. Players can explore all available options to them, and I would hope our club would do likewise.

MyJo
28-06-2017, 10:50 PM

Had the meeting actually gone ahead:

Lafferty - I want a 2 year contract on Ģ5k a week

Lennon - https://media.tenor.com/images/06786b4c483673d4f312cc32cc70378e/tenor.gif

Andy74
28-06-2017, 10:51 PM
And we have no idea if Lennon wanted him. Players can explore all available options to them, and I would hope our club would do likewise.

I doubt we're in the habit of asking the agents in of players we aren't interested in.

Velma Dinkley
28-06-2017, 10:52 PM
I doubt we're in the habit of asking the agents in of players we aren't interested in.

I imagine the club talks to plenty of agents about plenty of players.

Captain Trips
28-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Lafferty became available, Lennon seen this and IMO thought it maybe an option but at the right price.

Players become available almost day by day now making things very dynamic. I firmly believe NL had/has players in mind and has had for a while I do not believe KL was one if them. It was an off the cuff job and not a budget blower.

Hearts clearly felt when he became available they wanted him and thats fine.

You can think any scenario you want, Hearts will spin it we really wanted him. I firmly believe it was a punt from us and nothing more.

Mcgregor, Hanlon and Ambrose will have him for fun.

livi hibs 1875
28-06-2017, 10:55 PM
I may be mad but I'm sure I read yesterday of him being a man of his word and meeting Lennon , that alone tells me what I already thought about him .

MyJo
28-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Had the meeting actually gone ahead:

Lafferty - I want a 2 year contract on Ģ5k a week

Lennon - https://media.tenor.com/images/06786b4c483673d4f312cc32cc70378e/tenor.gif

Dempster - http://c4.haibao.cn/img/600_0_100_1/1448254502.1658/7f9990ee40d4db3511e9e6bbb7719174.gif

Petrie - https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/12/19/636177584193730334789990889_what%20just%20happened %20ron.gif

GreenLake
28-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Lafferty is the new dongle for Cathro's laptop.

Captain Trips
28-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Hearts can sign who they want it all goes out the window once Cathro does his pre match powerpoint presentation.

Their manager is an utter clownshoe ffs he couldnt deploy Messi and Ronaldo into a winning formation.

High-On-Hibs
28-06-2017, 11:42 PM
He was never going to sign for us. The little rodent has too much of an affinity to the flute. Efe will half him within a minute of the first Edinburgh Derby.

Mikey09
29-06-2017, 05:37 AM

His agents spent 3 days negotiating with Hearts, on the 4th day they reached out to Hibs and we agreed to a meeting, Hearts keeked themselves gave him what he wanted and the fud didnt even bother to turn up to the meeting with us.

We weren't chasing him, we hadn't offered him Ģ5k a week, we were used by Lafferty and his agents as a bargaining chip with the yams and they fell for it hook, line and sinker like the muppets they are.

Spot on my friend. But let the jambos enjoy there big team fantasy for a bit. :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-06-2017, 05:39 AM
Dempster - http://c4.haibao.cn/img/600_0_100_1/1448254502.1658/7f9990ee40d4db3511e9e6bbb7719174.gif

Petrie - https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/12/19/636177584193730334789990889_what%20just%20happened %20ron.gif

Fuzzywuzzy
29-06-2017, 05:57 AM
For a guy to believe he has 'thrived' when he's scored 5 club goals in three years is pretty and hardly played is pretty mental.

I reckon he'll not break double figures and get two reds over the season

polarbear
29-06-2017, 06:03 AM

I know which I'd prefer.

I'd prefer Lafferty if I'm being honest.
Ambrose is a disaster waiting to happen.

Steve20
29-06-2017, 06:11 AM

Really? Ambrose was excellent for us last season and is easily one of the best defenders in the league.

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 06:14 AM

Aye sure!!!

Beefster
29-06-2017, 06:18 AM

It's quite some achievement this close season to post something that stands out as a special kind of horse****.

InchHibby
29-06-2017, 06:28 AM

Think you should move to where the Polarbears live, it might clear your head.

The Spaceman
29-06-2017, 06:33 AM

Good one.

Have no doubts Efe will have a slip-up or two this season, but he we stroll the rest of it. A proper footballer. We are very lucky to have him.

Carheenlea
29-06-2017, 07:02 AM

I'd be disappointed if any player chose Hearts over us, but the picture you paint looks more like what the reality likely was. After watching the video of his career highlights I'm relieved that he is there and not here. A couple of decent goals, few pokes, a semi OG and a couple of injury feigns - 5K a week for that? :lolyam:

Marco G
29-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Since its the tennis season all I can say is "you cannot be serious"!

You are aware Lafferty has only been signed on his international goal scoring record alone? He has done nothing in league football for many years, and where he did score a few for Palermo, their owner wanted him out the door pronto for all the aggro he had caused.

Yet you still would prefer him over an international class defender that has been top notch since joining us???

staunchhibby
29-06-2017, 07:18 AM
If you think Efe is a disaslter waiting to happen why did he win a couple of mom prizes then.

green day
29-06-2017, 07:40 AM

......said everyone who is either not a hibs fan, or who didnt watch him play last season.

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 07:42 AM
......said everyone who is either not a hibs fan, or who didnt watch him play last season.

Bang on.

Salt N Sauzee
29-06-2017, 07:44 AM

:crazy:

lord bunberry
29-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Meanwhile back in the real world.....

Brightside
29-06-2017, 08:35 AM

Thats some way to out yourself. :greengrin

tamig
29-06-2017, 08:51 AM
I think a few have been whooshed by that Ambrose statement. Can't believe so many fell for it.

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 09:04 AM
I think a few have been whooshed by that Ambrose statement. Can't believe so many fell for it.

Don't think he's joking at all.

tamig
29-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Don't think he's joking at all.

He has to be. Shirley.

Moulin Yarns
29-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Polar Bears are endangered for a reason, now we know the reason. :wink:

JohnM1875
29-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Seriously, why is this thread even still open?

hibsbollah
29-06-2017, 09:31 AM

It's funny.

bingo70
29-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Because idiots keep adding to it and keeping it near the top of the page.

Ah **** look what I've done

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Some of the yam comments on the EEN forum are hilarious, always good for a good laugh on a miserable day like this.

500miles
29-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Oli Shaw will score more goals than Lafferty next season.

broondog
29-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when Iīve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesnīt get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply canīt get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand - where the **** is the money coming from for that? Can see them slipping back into admin in a few years and then hopefully they die.

More concerning though is the fact they have managed to attract a player over us.who in the right mind would sign for that shambles with Catheter in charge, they are in absolute freefall with a bleak future in front of them. very concerned about Lennonīs ability to get the right guys in though and if we donīt sign 2-3 top players to replace the ones we have lost/may lose I worry for next season.

BoomtownHibees
29-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Thought Ambrose played well for us last season, but when Iīve seen him in the SPL he has been atrocious. I was never in favour of us signing him as I think we can get better.He will not do well this season and doesnīt get into our first 11 for me.

Lafferty as much as he is **** would have improved us immensely up front and he will be a good signing for the cheats no doubt.What I simply canīt get my head around is how the cheats afforded him.It really beggers belief that they can still offer players 5k a week and get away with it. I see it all ending badly for them as there is no chance they can afford that new stand - where the **** is the money coming from for that? Can see them slipping back into admin in a few years and then hopefully they die.

More concerning though is the fact they have managed to attract a player over us.who in the right mind would sign for that shambles with Catheter in charge, they are in absolute freefall with a bleak future in front of them. very concerned about Lennonīs ability to get the right guys in though and if we donīt sign 2-3 top players to replace the ones we have lost/may lose I worry for next season.

Ambrose atrocious in the SPL? You just made that bit up eh?

broondog
29-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Ambrose atrocious in the SPL? You just made that bit up eh?

Not quite.itīs based on watching him several times for Celtic who couldnīt wait to get rid of him. heīs done well at a lesser level but I donīt think he will make the step up IMO.

Personally I think Hanlon and McGregor are two of the best Scottish centre halves at the moment and I would play both in front of Ambrose any day.

Hence why in terms of value added to the team Lafferty would have been a better acquisition

Keep denying it all you want pal

Bostonhibby
29-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Polar Bears are endangered for a reason, now we know the reason. :wink:

Can you put money in a polar bear? serious question as it's gotta be on a whole different level to a big red coo.:wink:

Dalianwanda
29-06-2017, 10:25 AM

So far we have signed a couple of top players (fair enough not to cover the ones we have lost although you could say Murray covers Keatings)..Perhaps we should have waited till a bit later to announce or signings as most seem to have forgotten we have signed Swanson & Ambrose. The signings we have brought in so far have been great IMO.

I think Lafferty could have been OK for us but theres no guarantee he will be a good signing. Certainly if we were going to be forking out that sort of cash I would be looking for someone a bit more inspiring, his recent domestic record isnt great & certainly his personality isnt one I warm to. Most of the names we are linked with have just been heresay. Im confident that Lennons not that stupid not to have some definate targets & that LD will do her upmost to get them. Its not in her interests in terms of the growth of the club & the positive connected vibe thats been created that this doesnt happen. It's too easy to compare what we are doing in relation to other clubs, let them do what they do & hopefully we have a plan that comes together before the end of the window.

God knows how they have managed to afford these players but thats their thing. If their fans are happy to keep supporting them then fair play to them. It does turn my stomach that they can do all of this work to pay for the stand, FOH etc but didnt have that energy to pay their dues to the companies that really needed it.

Since90+2
29-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Efe Ambrose has played 51 times for Nigeria and won the Africa Cup of Nations but he wont make the step up to the Scottish Premier League (despite already having played over 100 times in that league for the best team in the country):faf:

The amount of drivel that is being slavered on here the last few weeks is astonishing.

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 10:26 AM
He has to be. Shirley.

Nope he's serious, and don't call me Shirley!! 😉😁

BoomtownHibees
29-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Not quite.itīs based on watching him several times for Celtic who couldnīt wait to get rid of him. heīs done well at a lesser level but I donīt think he will make the step up IMO.

Personally I think Hanlon and McGregor are two of the best Scottish centre halves at the moment and I would play both in front of Ambrose any day.

Hence why in terms of value added to the team Lafferty would have been a better acquisition

Keep denying it all you want pal

The Ambrose that I've watched (I assume it's the same one) made a couple of high profile mistakes at European level. I can't think of many that he's made at SPL level. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Willis1875
29-06-2017, 10:27 AM
See his agents are having a wee laugh at our expense....Keith Gillespie on twitter

Thecat23
29-06-2017, 10:30 AM

He will play in every game if fit, prob a back three. I've honestly no idea how you think we can get better. What a bizarre statement can you say who would do better on his wage and has that experience?

Bostonhibby
29-06-2017, 10:31 AM
See his agents are having a wee laugh at our expense....Keith Gillespie on twitter

If its actually him he has definitely played the yam very well as I doubt he appreciates that whilst the charity thieves were probably clamouring to get what is a "marquee" signing for them, we really aren't that bothered and a lot of Hibs fans not only didn't want him here but, are expecting better having signed decent players already.