PDA

View Full Version : Chris Killen

Ozyhibby
21-06-2017, 03:36 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1391783-former-celtic-player-chris-killen-admits-sexual-assault/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm a bit confused by that how can someone plead guilty in different terms to the charge? Was it a bargaining chip to get reduced sentence - alternative being case thrown out for wrong charges brought? Bizarre then again the Law's an ass

SlickShoes
21-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Horrific, when you are pleaing out to just the sexual assault charge it must have been bad.

Horrible stuff.

RossScott1991
21-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Thought for a minute this was gonna be a transfer rumour!!

The story at the bottom of article pretty much lists all the clubs he played for except Hibs

OtleyHibs
21-06-2017, 03:53 PM
It happens a lot in court. If his basis of plea was accepted it may be that his basis won't significantly affect the sentence outcome, it could also be accepted if it was at the lower end of this type of offence as the trial cost would be high.

Sexual assault is wide ranging so not enough details known to really comment on the rights/wrongs in this particular case regarding his basis of plea ring accepted by the CPS

SirDavidsNapper
21-06-2017, 04:10 PM

The story at the bottom of article pretty much lists all the clubs he played for except Hibs

So did Levien. He's already offered him a contract

Niffy
21-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Lists Hibs at the start though.

.Sean.
21-06-2017, 04:24 PM
He's always been a bit beasty going by a few accounts.

poolman
21-06-2017, 05:25 PM
I wonder what Kiwi Mum has to say about this

CRAZYHIBBY
21-06-2017, 06:27 PM
S.c.u.m ...jail him

CraigHibee
21-06-2017, 11:17 PM
A bit of time inside is on the agenda for him, beasty boy

Sir David Gray
21-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I can't see how he'll avoid a prison sentence for admitting sexually assaulting someone while they were asleep.

That's an extremely serious offence.

hibeemikey21
22-06-2017, 12:30 AM
I can't see how he'll avoid a prison sentence for admitting sexually assaulting someone while they were asleep.

That's an extremely serious offence.

The offence itself includes rape. He is to be sentenced. Depending on what he actually did, he could very well be jailed

highland hibbee
22-06-2017, 05:16 AM
A bit of time inside is on the agenda for him, beasty boy

Welt of a man, Hibs paid his wages whilst he was out injured for months and he thanked us by pissing off to the great unwashed in the west.
take your Vaseline with you Chris, you might just need it ......

Is It On....
22-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Welt of a man, Hibs paid his wages whilst he was out injured for months and he thanked us by pissing off to the great unwashed in the west.
take your Vaseline with you Chris, you might just need it ......

The Oldham chairman said something very similar when he left them for us so we have every right to be disappointed by his behaviour when leaving us but we can not unfortunately claim to have been surprised.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2017, 09:27 PM
The offence itself includes rape. He is to be sentenced. Depending on what he actually did, he could very well be jailed

Hope he is jailed, what a creep.

That should be at least a 5 year prison sentence.

Steve-O
23-06-2017, 02:06 AM
I'm a bit confused by that how can someone plead guilty in different terms to the charge? Was it a bargaining chip to get reduced sentence - alternative being case thrown out for wrong charges brought? Bizarre then again the Law's an ass

In these types of "he said, she said" cases, it's actually quite hard to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Therefore the CPS would rather accept a guilty plea to a lesser charge than run the risk of losing the case altogether. Any conviction is better than no conviction.

Reading the story, it appears that the complainant has been the one to accept his lesser plea, the 'bonus' being that she gets to avoid going to trial and having to spell out in detail what happened to her in front of a courtroom of strangers, and Killen himself. Presumably she's decided that his at least taking partial responsibility is better than going through that and him maybe still being acquitted at trial.

Jail seems unlikely IMO if the offending is at the lower end of the spectrum (details are unclear though) as it's presumably his first offence of this nature, he's pled guilty, and prison really is the last resort in a long list of sentencing options.

Someone in this thread seems to suggest this was rape, but I don't see that in the story at all?

givescotlandfreedom
23-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Manky creep. Hope the poor lass is all right.

SirDavidsNapper
23-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Good player in his time but he clearly has worrying issues