PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie has left hibs.

Pages : [1] 2

18Hibee75
20-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Fraser Fyvie has officially left the club. After rejecting the initial contract hibs had offered him because he wanted to wait for a better contract. That better contract never came so he decided to accept the initial contract hibs had offered him. Hibs have now said to him that it is too late and he has now officially left the club. Ashame because I really liked him but don't think NL shares my opinion on him. Bit silly the way he left but IMO was one of our best players. All the best Fyvie.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
20-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Fraser Fyvie has officially left the club. After rejecting the initial contract hibs had offered him because he wanted to wait for a better contract. That better contract never came so he decided to accept the initial contract hibs had offered him. Hibs have now said to him that it is too late and he has now officially left the club. Ashame because I really liked him but don't think NL shares my opinion on him. Bit silly the way he left but IMO was one of our best players. All the best Fyvie.

So he accepted the offer Hibs made but Hibs told him tae bolt??

Ehhhhh, source?

iwasthere1972
20-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Thanks Leeann.

ancient hibee
20-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Good.I thought it was about time we had a Fraser Fyvie thread.

18Hibee75
Thanks Leeann.
Lol

18Hibee75

Ehhhhh, source?
Aye, Brown please mate.

RossScott1991
20-06-2017, 04:26 PM
There is already a Fyvie thread this has been well known since about 8am

neil7908
20-06-2017, 04:27 PM

Ehhhhh, source?

Today's Scotman/Evening News. Not sure how to post a link on my phone but its easy to find on the website.

Borderhibbie76
20-06-2017, 04:28 PM
And another Fyvie thread...just what we need 👍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
20-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Anyone think Ed Van der Graaf could still do a job for us?

Jim44
20-06-2017, 04:30 PM

Slight bit of the Warburtons about Fyvie's departure. Pity, I also would have liked him in the squad next season. I think I'm overreacting but I can't help feeling the feel good factor is slowly dissipating just now.We need a bit of good news to perk things up a wee bit.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2017, 04:30 PM

He could generate another thread I'm sure.

hibsbollah
20-06-2017, 04:34 PM

:top marks

iwasthere1972
20-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Just loading up my Betamax. Terrific player. Don't know why we let him go especially after him clearing the ball off the goal line against the auld Rangers.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Have you just woken?

jdships
20-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Common practice from away back in my day for a club to only leave an " offer on the table " for certain length of time .
His decision and he has to accept it
That's a footballers life
Not te end of the world !!

:wink::greengrin

sleeping giant
20-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Slight bit of the Warburtons about Fyvie's departure. Pity, I also would have liked him in the squad next season. I think I'm overreacting but I can't help feeling the feel good factor is slowly dissipating just now.We need a bit of good news to perk things up a wee bit.

Feel good feeling dissipating ?
Surely yer having a laugh.

Borderhibbie76
20-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Ur spot on Jim it's ebbing away bit by bit which is sad to see. Big summer this for the club, if they fail to capitalise on the record ST sales it could take years to get that feelgood factor back again...I hope some good news is just around the corner...

Borderhibbie76
20-06-2017, 05:19 PM
No I agree with him...we r deffo in need of some positive news soon to perk people up...if we lose SJM (rumours I know) we need some seriously decent players in

lucky
20-06-2017, 05:22 PM
No I agree with him...we r deffo in need of some positive news soon to perk people up...if we lose SJM (rumours I know) we need some seriously decent players in

Which shows how fickle football fans can be.

Jim44
20-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Ur spot on Jim it's ebbing away bit by bit which is sad to see. Big summer this for the club, if they fail to capitalise on the record ST sales it could take years to get that feelgood factor back again...I hope some good news is just around the corner...

Opinions, eh?

Borderhibbie76
20-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Which shows how fickle football fans can be.
Indeed it doesn't take much...but we've lost our main source of goals which is the first real concern we've had player wise for a few years

snooky
20-06-2017, 05:40 PM
We weren't THAT good last season and apart from Swanson, Ambrose & Murray, we're seeing the back of quite a few handy players. I agree with the statement that says we (and the team) need some good news.

staunchhibby
20-06-2017, 05:54 PM
We certainly need to maintain the feel good factor.Has taken a while to achieve this.

007 Mickey Weir
20-06-2017, 06:44 PM
I put this on another thread -

I know someone VERY close to him and this is actually what happened.

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

But ultimately Lennon has to decide if Fraser is part of his plans or not.

bigwheel
20-06-2017, 06:49 PM

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

Thanks for sharing - I'm a big Fyvie fan so a bit biased on this one - very disappointing to hear Hibs act in this way - sounds like Lennon has changed his mind. Would love to see him back [emoji106]

Stokesy's on fire

Maybe

I also was told the same thing from someone who knows him.

ancient hibee
I'm quite sure that you are passing on exactly what you were told but common sense tells us that any contract issued must have a time when it has to be either taken up or not.Otherwise a player could hang around for a couple of months and the club wouldn't know what was going on.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm quite sure that you are passing on exactly what you were told but common sense tells us that any contract issued must have a time when it has to be either taken up or not.Otherwise a player could hang around for a couple of months and the club wouldn't know what was going on.

Yes that would be very true, although we are 10 days away from July, and there is a player who was offered a contract and is willing to sign one.

I get that there needs to be a cut off point, and unless we have signed his replacement already, i'm surprised we have not kissed and made up and signed him back on again.

Smartie
20-06-2017, 07:16 PM
It's not like it is close to the start of the season or we have completed the signing of better replacements.

We've not started pre-season training, we've not got a friendly for weeks and the league season doesn't start for a couple of months.

If Hibs want the player to sign and the player wants to sign, someone is playing silly beggars if they're trying to score some sort of points over this preventing it from happening.

hhibs
20-06-2017, 07:27 PM

Nope ,beginning to get concerned.

Aldo
20-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Nope ,beginning to get concerned.

Why?? We have resigned a lot of players from last season and signed Efe and Swanson.

Some quality players IMHO!

Plenty time left to get players in and quality players too!!

Sir David Gray
20-06-2017, 08:03 PM

Maybe

Hopefully he can agree something with us then.

I still think he will be playing elsewhere next year although if he's willing to sign a new contract then I think we should allow him to do so. I really rate him as a football player and I think some of our better performances last year came with him in the side.

Mibbes Aye
20-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Played :agree:

Salt N Sauzee
20-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Surely the bedwetters could at least have the summer off?

Andy74
20-06-2017, 08:12 PM

Maybe

You forgot about the bit where he rejected the offer then came back to ask if he could accept the initial offer after all.

keep the faith
20-06-2017, 08:18 PM
You forgot about the bit where he rejected the offer then came back to ask if he could accept the initial offer after all.

What on earth is wrong with that??

An adult negotiating salary for him and his family. If he is happy that our offer is the best we can give and he wants to stay then sign him up.

Jim44
20-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Surely the bedwetters could at least have the summer off?

:yawn2::yawn2::yawn2:

007 Mickey Weir
20-06-2017, 08:26 PM
He didn't reject the offer just didn't accept it. He was offered at a time he was getting dropped and then also taken off after 20mins in the semi final. His head was understandably screwed up and felt Lennon didn't want him. He knows he made a mistake not accepting then and wants the chance to say that.
To be offered a 3 year deal then go on holiday and when he came back wanted to sign it. Only to be told no deal anymore.

He has other offers and clubs after him. But Hibs are where he wants to be. Really wants to revisit it and see if he can convince Lennon to sign him up.

OxoHibby
20-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Aye

Andy74
20-06-2017, 08:46 PM
What on earth is wrong with that??

An adult negotiating salary for him and his family. If he is happy that our offer is the best we can give and he wants to stay then sign him up.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just an important part that was left out of the summary in that post.

ancient hibee
20-06-2017, 09:10 PM
He didn't reject the offer just didn't accept it. He was offered at a time he was getting dropped and then also taken off after 20mins in the semi final. His head was understandably screwed up and felt Lennon didn't want him. He knows he made a mistake not accepting then and wants the chance to say that.
To be offered a 3 year deal then go on holiday and when he came back wanted to sign it. Only to be told no deal anymore.

He has other offers and clubs after him. But Hibs are where he wants to be. Really wants to revisit it and see if he can convince Lennon to sign him up.
The story in the paper made it clear that he rejected he offer so either Hibs or Fyvie are spinning the story.Personally I think they should get together because I think he's worth keeping.

18Hibee75
20-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Apologies for the thread. Never realised there was another one on this, not been on hibs.net all day and couldn't see one when I came on. I am also just passing on what I have heard and wasn't aware of the rules etc regarding it.

ancient hibee
20-06-2017, 09:30 PM
There are no rules about it.Start whatever you want.:greengrin

OxoHibby
20-06-2017, 09:34 PM
The story in the paper made it clear that he rejected he offer so either Hibs or Fyvie are spinning the story.Personally I think they should get together because I think he's worth keeping.

A sensible suggestion in the media age

Heisenberg
20-06-2017, 09:39 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1174568/fraser-fyvie-stunned-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-by-rejecting-new-three-year-deal-on-top-flight-wages/amp/

Looks like Fyvie has made a mess of it and is trying his best to change Lennons mind.

1van Sprou7e
20-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Sounds like it's only his own fault but hopefully Lennon can forgive him

Him signing a new contract is a good thing for both parties

snooky
20-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Yes that would be very true, although we are 10 days away from July, and there is a player who was offered a contract and is willing to sign one.

I get that there needs to be a cut off point, and unless we have signed his replacement already, i'm surprised we have not kissed and made up and signed him back on again.

If ot's the case that Hibs want FF and FF wants Hibs, what's the bleeding problem?
Nobody's smelling of roses here.
Leeann, time to step in and knock a few heads together. Jeez.

B.H.F.C
20-06-2017, 10:05 PM
If ot's the case that Hibs want FF and FF wants Hibs, what's the bleeding problem?
Nobody's smelling of roses here.
Leeann, time to step in and knock a few heads together. Jeez.

Leeann stepping in to matters like this is the last thing that should ever happen. 100% up to Lennon to do as he sees fit.

SON OF PADDY
20-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Spot on BH " it's a no brainer " I'll be really pissed off if he leaves.

Pete70
20-06-2017, 10:10 PM
If they can get together and get the deal done they should and I'd be quite happy if they did.

snooky
20-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Leeann stepping in to matters like this is the last thing that should ever happen. 100% up to Lennon to do as he sees fit.

What's wrong with a mediator? They've solve loads of stand-offs in the past.

B.H.F.C
20-06-2017, 10:24 PM
What's wrong with a mediator? They've solve loads of stand-offs in the past.

Because Lennon would effectively be having his judgement questioned. It never ends well when Chairmen, Chief Execs etc start involving themselves in these type of things. If Lennon has decided he doesn't want him for whatever reason then that should be that IMO.

snooky
20-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Because Lennon would effectively be having his judgement questioned. It never ends well when Chairmen, Chief Execs etc start involving themselves in these type of things. If Lennon has decided he doesn't want him for whatever reason then that should be that IMO.

I totally disagree. Maybe we should call in a mediator. :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
20-06-2017, 10:32 PM

IMO It would be a huge mistake !!
Neil Lennon needs do what's best for Hibs "
End off let's get it done.

Remember This club has got under your skin, lets do what's best for Hibs.

J-C
20-06-2017, 10:38 PM
So to summarise, Hibs offer Fyvie a 3 year deal on bloody good wages which in turn he turns down, this pisses off the boss who says **** him we'll look elsewhere, we only want commited players here. No other club has offered him a deal as good as Hibs and he realises he's ****ed things up big style.

As I said before a decent player on his day but you don't turn your nose up at a 3 year deal on good money.

B.H.F.C
20-06-2017, 10:39 PM
IMO It would be a huge mistake !!
Neil Lennon needs do what's best for Hibs "
End off let's get it done

I'm pretty sure Neil Lennon is doing what he sees as best for Hibs. He needs to be left alone to do that. At the end of the day, it'll be him that loses his job if we don't win games.

SON OF PADDY
20-06-2017, 10:44 PM
So to summarise, Hibs offer Fyvie a 3 year deal on bloody good wages which in turn he turns down, this pisses off the boss who says **** him we'll look elsewhere, we only want commited players here. No other club has offered him a deal as good as Hibs and he realises he's ****ed things up big style.

As I said before a decent player on his day but you don't turn your nose up at a 3 year deal on good money.

So can you prove this is indeed the truth ?

There's been a hell of lot rubbish quoted on this story.

J-C
20-06-2017, 10:59 PM
So can you prove this is indeed the truth ?

There's been a hell of lot rubbish quoted on this story.

You do realise my post was tongue in cheek ?

Jeez there's a lot of people on this forum right now need to get a grip and stop either panicking and get their sense of humour back. I've never seen so many posts with people all serious and ready to jump down everyone's throats.

BTW that's 2 papers who have both said a 3 year deal was offered and rejected by Fyvie and everyone knows that the offer was taken off the table? Those are the facts.

heretoday
20-06-2017, 11:18 PM
I'm glad. Fyvie looks like something out of a Batman movie.

oldbutdim
20-06-2017, 11:24 PM
I'd hoped FF would be a big player for us next season, but not bigger than the club.

Looks like he pushed things a tad too far though.

On his head be it.

I've had folk 'push' for a bit more to get a deal and I'm with Lennon on this. If you don't want to sign up, then fine. I can get someone else who will do a decent job; and importantly WANTS to do it.

You should get another agent, or listen better to the one you have.

Bye Fraser.

Sir David Gray
20-06-2017, 11:25 PM
If he does leave and comes back to haunt us in the future, you just know it will be a Hibs.net fact that he actually accepted the offer of a new contract but Hibs decided to withdraw the offer to him and that it's the club's fault that he's no longer with us.

leithsansiro
21-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Disappointing as I think that Fyvie maybe had something to offer in the SPL for us.

That said, I don't think he's done himself any favours by initially not signing the deal and hanging around. It's kinda like saying no to a girl who asks you out and hoping that someone hotter makes a move, before finally going back to the girl you jilted in the hope of a quick fumble.

On conclusion, Fraser Fyvie isnae getting a quick fumble.

ian cruise
21-06-2017, 07:30 AM
If he does leave and comes back to haunt us in the future, you just know it will be a Hibs.net fact that he actually accepted the offer of a new contract but Hibs decided to withdraw the offer to him and that it's the club's fault that he's no longer with us.

You missed the part where Rod wouldn't let Neil sign him because he wanted to save money on wages over the summer so told him to wait until the end of the window.

SON OF PADDY
21-06-2017, 07:47 AM
You do realise my post was tongue in cheek ?

Jeez there's a lot of people on this forum right now need to get a grip and stop either panicking and get their sense of humour back. I've never seen so many posts with people all serious and ready to jump down everyone's throats.

BTW that's 2 papers who have both said a 3 year deal was offered and rejected by Fyvie and everyone knows that the offer was taken off the table? Those are the facts.

Fair play JC "Didn't see any 😉 in your post.

Regarding getting a grip 😁 my hand is on a lovely cold Beer !!
Cheers from a Very Sunny Lanzarote 🌞🌞🌡🍺🍺🍻

Onion
21-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Sorry when any of our cup winning team leave the club. Fyvie is a legend and every time we watch that final you'll see FF key contribution in goals 2 and 3 ! For that alone he derserves our respect and a warm welcome back to ER.

All the best FF 👍

SON OF PADDY
21-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Sorry when any of our cup winning team leave the club. Fyvie is a legend and every time we watch that final you'll see FF key contribution in goals 2 and 3 ! For that alone he derserves our respect and a warm welcome back to ER.

All the best FF 👍

100% Correct Onion 👍

Lago
21-06-2017, 10:20 AM

All the best FF 👍
FF obviously was poorly advise & seriously underestimated the worth of the offer from Hibs & also seriously underestimated the response from Neil Lennon. Silly boy.

SteveHFC
21-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Fraser Fyvie‏Verified account
@F_FYVIE
Follow
More
False news again🙈

1van Sprou7e
21-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Fraser Fyvie‏Verified account
@F_FYVIE
Follow
More
False news again🙈

Interesting... his first tweet since January as well so the story must have been heavily misreported

Iain G
21-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Interesting... his first tweet since January as well so the story must have been heavily misreported

Fingers crossed here that he can agree a deal to stay, will be an important player for us this season IMHO. :agree:

Stokesy's on fire
21-06-2017, 11:24 AM
C'mon Miss Dempster get this deal done! Fyvie must stay.

RIP
21-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Fingers crossed here that he can agree a deal to stay, will be an important player for us this season IMHO. :agree:

If someone had told us we would retain the key players from last season and add more to strengthen I would have been happy.

However we have lost Cummings, Fyvie, Keatings and Holt. I think that's my fault for buying a season ticket - my favourite players gone and no sign of squad strengthening for the SPL.

Meh!

Beefster
21-06-2017, 11:31 AM
However we have lost Cummings, Fyvie, Keatings and Holt. I think that's my fault for buying a season ticket

I'm not so sure. I'm hearing that none of those players even asked about your ST renewal status before leaving.

.Sean.
21-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I really hope we re-sign him. Great player at this level.

Argylehibby
21-06-2017, 12:03 PM

All the best FF 👍

don't underestimate his part in goal 1 either Onion. His run to the back post meant the defender in the middle had to cover for the option of a pass to him making Stoke's path to goal clearer.

RossScott1991
21-06-2017, 12:11 PM
He's just tweeted "false news again"

Hmmm?

Onion
21-06-2017, 01:01 PM
don't underestimate his part in goal 1 either Onion. His run to the back post meant the defender in the middle had to cover for the option of a pass to him making Stoke's path to goal clearer.

All I remember is it was a thing of beauty 💕

HibsNutter
21-06-2017, 01:51 PM

Hmmm?

Saw that, though he does not want to clarify what is actually happening. Don't see the point in the tweet.

lucky
21-06-2017, 01:52 PM
If the story is true then he was badly advised but who has not made a mistake. He's a good player and hope this can be sorted out

Tom Hart RIP
21-06-2017, 06:22 PM
According to the Sun online, FF may be able to persuade NL to change his mind so perhaps it's not cut and dried. Personally I'd like him to stay. NL obviously thought him good enough to offer a 3 year deal.

oneone73
21-06-2017, 06:26 PM
According to the Sun online, FF may be able to persuade NL to change his mind so perhaps it's not cut and dried. Personally I'd like him to stay. NL obviously thought him good enough to offer a 3 year deal.

I really hope we can get Fraser signed up.

Franck Stanton
21-06-2017, 06:27 PM

REALLY hope this is the case. FF MUST stay. Hope Lennon is not just digging his heels in to make a point. C'mon Neil, be the bigger man ang get FF signed up - you know it makes sense.

Nicho87
21-06-2017, 06:34 PM
2 different sides here.

lennon obviously sees enough in fyvie to give him in these days terms a very healthy 3 year contract.

fyvie has I think still let the semi final be in his thoughts and think play hard to get here I reckon.

cant see lennon changing his mind here. Liked fyvie but lennon we trust you.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-06-2017, 06:41 PM
If we want him, and he is happy with the deal, i dont understand why it cant just be done.

Who cares if its taken a bit longer, end result is what matters, not how we got there.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2017, 06:45 PM
2 different sides here.

lennon obviously sees enough in fyvie to give him in these days terms a very healthy 3 year contract.

fyvie has I think still let the semi final be in his thoughts and think play hard to get here I reckon.

cant see lennon changing his mind here. Liked fyvie but lennon we trust you.

We all have egos but I'd be surprised for a relatively experienced pro to let one game in itself cloud judgement to that degree. In the cold light of day It was clear to see why he was hooked and Lennon did say to be fair it could have been any other but he was on a yellow. Sub scoring vindicated Lennons decision.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Olive branch time me hopes. Liked Fyvie and his passion. Hearing him talk about his "wee man" around the cup final and you can see we mibbie won second spot in his heart after Aberdeen although it's Hibs winning his wee man will remember :)

makaveli1875
21-06-2017, 06:51 PM
i think we should spend the summer looking for a better midfielder , if we dont find anyone better by the week before kick off we can give him a phone

Smartie
21-06-2017, 07:01 PM
i think we should spend the summer looking for a better midfielder , if we dont find anyone better by the week before kick off we can give him a phone

Or maybe we should just wait until the week before the players go back for pre-season training?

scotiaf
21-06-2017, 07:04 PM
I would keep him, he is at a great age also. But lennons call
if he thinks he can do better. The fact he offered him a 3 year deal though. Not many players get that!!

SirDavidsNapper
21-06-2017, 07:04 PM
We should draw a line under it and let him sign. Could turn out to be a masterstroke. He'll now see how privileged he was to be at Hibs and hopefully recapture the form of the cup winning season. It's in him.

snooky
21-06-2017, 07:05 PM

Hmmm?

There's so much going on here. What bit is the "false news" he's referring to? :confused:

Skol
21-06-2017, 07:18 PM
If Fraser wants to sign a new deal and we have not already got someone lined up, then IMO we should get him signed up as he was a key player for us and will be a better option than bartley in most games.

Not a dig at Bartley as he will have games that suit him and its great to have the options

West lower
21-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Anyone know if Fraser Fyvie would be welcome at East Mains for pre season training ? I know other players have been allowed to train with the squad in previous pre seasons. Just wondering how that might work out. Might be a way back in for him ?

Andy74
21-06-2017, 08:48 PM
I'm fairly sure Hibs don't need our advice on this one!

eastmainsmsh
21-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Looks like call my bluff from Ff and agent and Lennon and LeAnn hope he does sign

007 Mickey Weir
21-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Fraser DIDNT turn down the offer he took too long to say yes. He knows this was stupid and wants the chance to say this to Lennon. But he is unsure Lennon is willing to listen.

Hopefully Lennon accepts the olive branch. But I get the feeling Lennon doesn't do that.

hibsbollah
21-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Fraser DIDNT turn down the offer he took too long to say yes. He knows this was stupid and wants the chance to say this to Lennon. But he is unsure Lennon is willing to listen.

Hopefully Lennon accepts the olive branch. But I get the feeling Lennon doesn't do that.

:agree: Better the olive branch than the ****ty stick.

davhibby
21-06-2017, 10:30 PM
He's been out of contract almost a month now, if Lennon really had made his mind up that there's no chance of him staying Hibs would have announced he was away by now

The Harp
21-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Probably very unlikely but I hope the situation can be resolved and he stays put. Too good a player to let slip through our fingers if we can do something about it.

hibeemikey21
21-06-2017, 11:31 PM
I hope it's simply a case of: hibs have a superior replacement now lined up

SON OF PADDY
21-06-2017, 11:44 PM
If we want him, and he is happy with the deal, i dont understand why it cant just be done.

Who cares if its taken a bit longer, end result is what matters, not how we got there.

Exactly " Get it sorted pronto " we can't afford to loose Fraser Fyvie.

snooky
21-06-2017, 11:50 PM

Where is the source for this? Is it speculation, reported in the media or do you know him personally?

RoxburghHibs
22-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Where is the source for this? Is it speculation, reported in the media or do you know him personally?

We both know someone close to Fraser (more so 007 MickeyWeir) and we regularly attend Hibs games with this person.

I actually think he will sign. Only because I know Fraser is very keen to stay and I think/hope NL sees that.

RoxburghHibs
22-06-2017, 04:32 AM

He didn't reject any offer? Just went on holiday before he agreed to the offer on the table.

He went on holiday one week after the StMirren game and contacted Hibs the day after he returned to accept.

Seems harsh to then say the 3 year deal is now off the table.

makaveli1875
22-06-2017, 05:32 AM

its Fyvie were losing not Messi . He couldnt even hold down a regular starting place in a piss poor championship

neil7908
22-06-2017, 07:47 AM
I would rather see him stay than go but also don't think he is crucial to us for next season.

I just hope for both parties this is sorted soon. If he's definitely out of the picture at Hibs we should say so to give the player a chance to find a new club and the fans an idea of what's happening.

If Lennon is open at all to keeping him let's just get it sorted.

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 07:51 AM

People are getting carried away here. He's not anywhere near great or John McGinn level. Hes replaceable that's for sure. If NL has removed the offer I'd imagine he's got someone better or just as good.

BSEJVT
22-06-2017, 07:54 AM
I would rather see him stay than go but also don't think he is crucial to us for next season.

I just hope for both parties this is sorted soon. If he's definitely out of the picture at Hibs we should say so to give the player a chance to find a new club and the fans an idea of what's happening.

If Lennon is open at all to keeping him let's just get it sorted.

Don't know what could be clearer

He is out of contract (I would guess at end of June) and after that he wont be a Hibs player

Right now his agent should be bursting his arse to get him fixed up with a new club

I doubt it will be Hibs but who knows

Hibs don't talk about players contract discussions publicly other than to announce they have signed or left and neither should they

Elephant Stone
22-06-2017, 08:17 AM

This is getting ridiculous.

SON OF PADDY
22-06-2017, 08:30 AM
This is getting ridiculous.

Can't you have a favourite player any more ??

SON OF PADDY
22-06-2017, 08:33 AM
its Fyvie were losing not Messi . He couldnt even hold down a regular starting place in a piss poor championship

It's called having a Opinion !
Personally I think yours is ****. 😉

Elephant Stone
22-06-2017, 08:50 AM

Fair enough mate. I'm possibly a bit OTT with Liam Henderson.

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Mikey Weir was my fav, can't believe we have let him go 😢😉

snooky
22-06-2017, 09:02 AM
We both know someone close to Fraser (more so 007 MickeyWeir) and we regularly attend Hibs games with this person.

I actually think he will sign. Only because I know Fraser is very keen to stay and I think/hope NL sees that.

Thanks RH. Fwiw, I hope he signs for us too.

snooky
22-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Mikey Weir was my fav, can't believe we have let him go 😢😉

Awe ffs, the Jambos have just made him an offer all thanks to you letting 'the cat' oot the bag.
:wink:

SON OF PADDY
22-06-2017, 09:13 AM
mikey weir was my fav, can't believe we have let him go 😢😉

seriously
when did that happen ?? 😁

Andy74
22-06-2017, 09:19 AM
seriously
when did that happen ?? 😁

He hasn't left, he just hasn't got round to re-signing yet.

SON OF PADDY
22-06-2017, 09:25 AM

Cheers for the update. 😂

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 09:32 AM

😁

ahibby
22-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Maybe

I understand a player trying to get a better deal but the player surely understands that a club might not want to be his second choice/preference. Considering his attitude in the SC semi final there might be question marks over his total commitment to Hibs strengthened by him trying to get another club and only accepting Hibs deal when he couldn't get one.

Thecat23
22-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Awe ffs, the Jambos have just made him an offer all thanks to you letting 'the cat' oot the bag.
:wink:

Don't even joke about that, he'd improve them even at the age he is!!!

J-C
22-06-2017, 09:45 AM
The bit I don't get is a couple of posters saying he went on holiday and was going to sign when he came back, why then did he not tell someone at the club that it was his intention of doing just that?

Boyle did exactly the same but had the brains to tell the management that he'll be signing as soon as he got back and did just that, was Fyvie incapable of doing similar? Or is he just saying that because his attempts to get a better deal elsewhere has backfired and he's trying to save face. Funny how both papers are going with the story that he rejected Hibs offer but then decided to accept it but it was too late.

Woodrow
25-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Castle on the Hill - great song

Hope he signs

SquashedFrogg
25-06-2017, 09:17 PM
I understand a player trying to get a better deal but the player surely understands that a club might not want to be his second choice/preference. Considering his attitude in the SC semi final there might be question marks over his total commitment to Hibs strengthened by him trying to get another club and only accepting Hibs deal when he couldn't get one.

I may be on my own here, but I remember his attitude in our cup final win

The boy was immense. He was a major part in my greatest day watching Hibs :agree: Whatever he does, and for whatever reason he decides to do it, he has my 100% support.

Short memories eh?

QMU-1875
25-06-2017, 09:19 PM
To be honest I'm happy he's away. Painfully average. Never at any point set the championship alight. I think young Scott Martin or Fraser Murray could prove to be better options next season, very excited to see how they get on.

SquashedFrogg
25-06-2017, 09:29 PM
To be honest I'm happy he's away. Painfully average. Never at any point set the championship alight. I think young Scott Martin or Fraser Murray could prove to be better options next season, very excited to see how they get on.

Do you understand positions? i.e. Players play in different positions?

And as for setting the championship alight??? :confused: Players like FF don't set anything 'alight'. They play football and win matches.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

I'm all for opinions but this is scary. What's happening to this place??

BoomtownHibees
25-06-2017, 09:41 PM

And as for setting the championship alight??? :confused: Players like FF don't set anything 'alight'. They play football and win matches.

Settle doon Pep

Tobias Funke
25-06-2017, 09:55 PM
I don't get the Fyvie love in either. He's like a marginally better version of John Rankin, who I thought was dug sh*te.

QMU-1875
25-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Actually yes I do understand positions, I played at a good level in youth and have watched football for a long time. I stand by my analysis he was average in his position in the Scottish championship. Plenty games where he messed up and conceded goals. Can't think of too many where he stood out in the holding role, Bartley plays a similair position and despite being a more limited technical footballer he stood out in far more games. We will not miss him and I believe we have better. Scott Martin has shown enough to suggest just that IMO.

QMU-1875
25-06-2017, 09:56 PM
I don't get the Fyvie love in either. He's like a marginally better version of John Rankin, who I thought was dug sh*te.

This.

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2017, 10:09 PM

Aye right then, in a different class to Rankin.

The_Horde
25-06-2017, 10:11 PM

Think you're wrong. Rankin could at least pass a ball forwards!

angus hibby
25-06-2017, 10:13 PM

Seriously?! Fyvie is miles better than Rankin ever was. A midfielder who keeps us ticking over in possession and always looking to take ball from defence to start an attack. Comfortable in possession and a very good footballer, I really wish Fyvie had stayed and hope Lennon has someone just as good or better lined up. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll regret this.

GreenArmyyy!
25-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Seen a rumour on Twitter tonight that FF is about to sign a 3 year deal with St Johnstone. Anyone heard similar?

The_Horde
25-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Seen a rumour on Twitter tonight that FF is about to sign a 3 year deal with St Johnstone. Anyone heard similar?

Heard we're gonna sign Simon Murray on a pre contract too.

My_Wife_Camille
25-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Actually yes I do understand positions, I played at a good level in youth and have watched football for a long time. I stand by my analysis he was average in his position in the Scottish championship. Plenty games where he messed up and conceded goals. Can't think of too many where he stood out in the holding role, Bartley plays a similair position and despite being a more limited technical footballer he stood out in far more games. We will not miss him and I believe we have better. Scott Martin has shown enough to suggest just that IMO.
Exactly this. Bartley continuously gets recognised as Man of the Match in big games too. Fyvie won't be missed

truehibernian
25-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Exactly this. Bartley continuously gets recognised as Man of the Match in big games too. Fyvie won't be missed

They could rarely play well together though - it was one or the other for me, never both in the same side.

I like FF a lot and to be honest am pretty unhappy to lose him. But club comes first, he was offered a deal and if what we are led to believe is right, he stalled. Given that, club rightly moves on and gets in committed players. He's not a player pivotal to our success, hence can be replaced.

The sad part is he is a decent spud and whoever he moves to is gaining a very good footballer. Wish him all the best, played a vital part in the best day of my Hibs supporting life :aok:

SON OF PADDY
25-06-2017, 10:57 PM
They could rarely play well together though - it was one or the other for me, never both in the same side.

I like FF a lot and to be honest am pretty unhappy to lose him. But club comes first, he was offered a deal and if what we are led to believe is right, he stalled. Given that, club rightly moves on and gets in committed players. He's not a player pivotal to our success, hence can be replaced.

The sad part is he is a decent spud and whoever he moves to is gaining a very good footballer. Wish him all the best, played a vital part in the best day of my Hibs supporting life :aok:

This 100%
"unfortunately to many FF haters on here" .

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Cracking player who will be missed. Hoping we can get a new scapegoat signed soon, would hate it if we went back to Lewis.

Fyvie will do well for St Johnstone, really good move for him.

.Sean.
26-06-2017, 12:06 AM
Some downright atrocious posts on this thread.

A Scottish Cup winning midfielder getting dogs abuse from some - I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the genuine pish we've had to endure over the years.

CraigHibee
26-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Good player and I'll be sorry to see him go if he does leave us

Since90+2
26-06-2017, 05:44 AM

Scott Martin has shown nothing at all to suggest he will be a better option than Fyvie.

What games has Martin played that would suggest that he is? I've seen Martin play in games at development level and he is a decent enough player but even at that level is hardly a standout and dictating games.

JimBHibees
26-06-2017, 06:05 AM

Agree very good player and a good character I reckon someone not scared to call people out if not doing it. Unfortunate way to end however think writing was on the wall after semi final. He will do well for st Johnstone.

MacGruber
26-06-2017, 06:20 AM

If the club moved on and got in committed players then fair enough. There's people saying players are lined up or even signed up already. That would be great but what if there's not. Surely would have made sense to keep Fyvie in that scenario. This has been going on for a month, im not convinced we have brought any commited players in.

What we do know is Fyvie would have stayed on in the end so Lennon is under a bit of pressure to bring in a better alternative otherwise its been a bad move for the club. Time will tell

theonlywayisup
26-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Some downright atrocious posts on this thread.

A Scottish Cup winning midfielder getting dogs abuse from some - I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the genuine pish we've had to endure over the years.

I agree, but that's opinions for you.

Fraser Fyvie is a good player and I for one saw a big difference in Hibs between him playing and not playing.

I see that Bartley is not getting the same grief as FF - yet look towards the end of the attached. Look who is "painfully slow" and gives up possession much too easily resulting in one goal and one chance for the Hertz. Bartley obviously gives us much better attacking options because of his excellent forward passing and runs into the box..........:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EU_XKKl0c

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 06:53 AM
I agree, but that's opinions for you.

Fraser Fyvie is a good player and I for one saw a big difference in Hibs between him playing and not playing.

I see that Bartley is not getting the same grief as FF - yet look towards the end of the attached. Look who is "painfully slow" and gives up possession much too easily resulting in one goal and one chance for the Hertz. Bartley obviously gives us much better attacking options because of his excellent forward passing and runs into the box..........:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EU_XKKl0c

That's a very selective choice of footage showcasing Marvin's contribution to the team. Once he was bundled off the ball from the blindside in a move that led to a hearts penalty, so what? I've seen Sauzee ineffectually wave his leg in the air instead of winning the ball cleanly as well.

Marvin and Fyvie have both contributed and both still hopefully have a role to play.

ian cruise
26-06-2017, 07:11 AM
That's a very selective choice of footage showcasing Marvin's contribution to the team. Once he was bundled off the ball from the blindside in a move that led to a hearts penalty, so what? I've seen Sauzee ineffectually wave his leg in the air instead of winning the ball cleanly as well.

Marvin and Fyvie have both contributed and both still hopefully have a role to play.

I think you are arguing the same point there, not sure he's saying Bartley is a bad player, just that any player be it Fyvie, Bartley or Sauzee could have a bad game or one moment where it doesn't go right and they look a bit foolish. Too many folk on this thread are using the semi as a stick to beat Fraser with and ignoring games where he made an obvious positive contribution such as the cup final.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 07:13 AM
I think you are arguing the sane point there,not sure he's saying Bartley is a bad player, just that snub player be it Fyvie, Bartley or Sauzee could have a bad game or one moment where it doesn't go right and they look a bit foolish. Too many folk on this thread are using the semi as a stick to beat Fraser with and ignoring games where he made an obvious positive contribution such as the cup final.

Fair enough. But it's a bit negative making that point by just showing Marvin getting it wrong. I think, 90% of hibs fans value them both.

RoxburghHibs
26-06-2017, 08:06 AM

Yeah think they are a possibility as are Dundee.

One thing is now 100% - Fraser won't be signing a new contract with Hibs this season.

Shame but that's football I guess.

flash
26-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Is he better than Scott Brown? No.
Is he as bad as Mark Kerr? No.
Is he a loss? Yes.
Is he replaceable? Yes.
Surely the truth is the above and not the extremes quoted in this thread.

snooky
26-06-2017, 08:59 AM

I'm sure if anybody had filmed my limited football appearances for pub and five-a-side teams they could edit the footage it down to 20 secs clip that would make me look 'a player' (which I never was, believe me).

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm sure if anybody had filmed my limited football appearances for pub and five-a-side teams they could edit the footage it down to 20 secs clip that would make me look 'a player' (which I never was, believe me).

:agree: Yes, and in the same way my outrageous ability and all round breathtaking awesomeness at fives could be hidden behind that 7 second moment of madness when I trod on the ball while doing a rabona at the corn exchange in 2014.

J-C
26-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Fyvie hasn't exactly set the heather on fire during his career.

Fairy decent at Aberdeen but left too soon looking for the big bucks at Wigan, where it didn't work out, playing only 11 games in 3 seasons.

Came to us in the january 14-15 season and made an impact with Allan and McGeouch, the 3 playing some brilliant football at the time.

Injury and inconsistency has been his major problem but when he's on his game he's very good but recently we haven't seen that form from him and he was overtaken in the pecking order from Bartley.

Fyvie should've bitten off Hibs hand when they offered a 3 year deal but he took too long to decide, Lennon wants committed players, is Fyvie committed enough? By taking too long to decide, Lennon decided to take it away and maybe offer it to someone else.

Fyvie is decent, nothing more, nothing less, he can be replaced because although he was a tidy enough player he added nothing to the attack or in creating things.

It's also notable that for a 24 year old who made his Aberdeen debut at 16, he's only played 160 senior games of football, with just 119 league games in a 7 year career so far.

CapitalGreen
26-06-2017, 11:46 AM
It's also notable that for a 24 year old who made his Aberdeen debut at 16, he's only played 160 senior games of football, with just 119 league games in a 7 year career so far.

Is it?

Derek Riordan for example had also made ~160 senior games by 24.
Similar number for Danny Swanson but manny of those were in Div 2 & 3.
David Gray had made about 80.
Darren McGregor had made 76, all in the old Division 3.

Since90+2
26-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Dylan has played 114 games (46 less than Fyvie)and is the same age.

Simon Murray is 25 and has played 117 games (including almost 50 in League Two).

Jordan Forster is 24 in August and has played 114 games.

CapitalGreen
26-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Dylan has played 114 games (46 less than Fyvie)and is the same age.

Simon Murray is 25 and has played 117 games (including almost 50 in League Two).

So you could say that it is notable that our first team squad is made up of many players who have less senior appearances than Fraser Fyvie. It's a shame to be losing that experience.

jeffers
26-06-2017, 12:07 PM
I feel a bit sorry for him if he wants to stay but the deal has been pulled because he didn't respond within a time limit he wasn't even aware of (if that is actually the case.)

Reading this thread and I've been accused of this myself it seems if you don't think FF is a great player you are a hater/know nothing about football. On his game I think he is a decent player but imo too inconsistent. I wouldn't be disappointed if there was a change of heart and the contract is put back on the table, but equally I wouldn't worry about FF hurting us if we come up against him playing for another team.

patlowe
26-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I think the key question is, and I'm not convinced anyone on here knows, whether Hibs gave a time limit for FF to get back within and whether that was kept to or or reneged by either side. Only knowing that can we really make a judgement on who is in the wrong here.

I for one am pretty gutted to see Fyvie go. It amazes me that some people don't rate him but I respect other opinions and I suppose we have been spoiled over the past couple of years in that area. I don't want to name names and give people the heebie jeebies but just think back to some of the characters we had in central midfield in the preceding 5 years or so. I am concerned that with Fyvie gone, bids coming in for McGinn and McGeouch unlikely to have a consistent run in the team, we risk being again left with very little quality on the ball in a crucial area of the park.

we are hibs
26-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Scott Martin has shown nothing at all to suggest he will be a better option than Fyvie.

What games has Martin played that would suggest that he is? I've seen Martin play in games at development level and he is a decent enough player but even at that level is hardly a standout and dictating games.

Every time Scott Martin has been selected in the first team he's been very good bar about one performance.

People seem to think Fyvie is some sort of Ginger Iniesta. "he controls the tempo of the game and doesn't lose the ball". that's mainly because he slows the pace of the game right down to almost walking pace and he rarely passes forward. If he was as good as some think then how come bigger clubs haven't snapped him up?

QMU-1875
26-06-2017, 12:20 PM

Falkirk away on Hogmanay, he got man of the match. Stood out as someone that knows how to tackle and pass forward. Was very impressed as were those around me.

Since90+2
26-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Where has anyone suggested Fyvie is a ginger Iniesta?

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 12:47 PM
People seem to think Fyvie is some sort of Ginger Iniesta.

:faf: this is the best straw man argument I've ever read. Take a bow.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Every time Scott Martin has been selected in the first team he's been very good bar about one performance.

People seem to think Fyvie is some sort of Ginger Iniesta. "he controls the tempo of the game and doesn't lose the ball". that's mainly because he slows the pace of the game right down to almost walking pace and he rarely passes forward. If he was as good as some think then how come bigger clubs haven't snapped him up?Well he seems to be signing for St Johnstone, a team who finished 4th and will be in Europe.

The rarely passing forward thing is just total bollocks btw

RoxburghHibs
26-06-2017, 12:58 PM
I think the key question is, and I'm not convinced anyone on here knows, whether Hibs gave a time limit for FF to get back within and whether that was kept to or or reneged by either side. Only knowing that can we really make a judgement on who is in the wrong here.

He wasn't given a timeframe to sign after being offered a contract. He went on holiday 6 days after the season ended (for two weeks)
and contacted Hibs the day after he returned to sign - so a total of 3 weeks after the season was over.

He should have signed before he went on holiday and he knows this.

Anyway it's over now so we all move on.

patlowe
26-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Well he seems to be signing for St Johnstone, a team who finished 4th and will be in Europe.

100% - I cannot believe anyone could watch Fyvie play and think that. Maybe because he is often patient and neat and tidy in possession? Fair enough, he's not as dynamic as McGeouch or McGinn but I bet they both love playing with him precisely because he is forward thinking on the ball and will try to find them in pockets of space between midfield and attack. He is constantly barking at people to move into attacking space to receive it. Folk seem to want to make direct comparisons between Fyvie and Bartley. I love the big man but, of the two, it is Bartley who is more lacking in this regard.

Ach, I need to stop banging the Fyvie drum. He's gone and I must get over it :greengrin

ancient hibee
26-06-2017, 04:04 PM
He wasn't given a timeframe to sign after being offered a contract. He went on holiday 6 days after the season ended (for two weeks)
and contacted Hibs the day after he returned to sign - so a total of 3 weeks after the season was over.

He should have signed before he went on holiday and he knows this.

Anyway it's over now so we all move on.

But according to reports he rejected the deal so it wasn't just that he delayed signing.

jacomo
26-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Where has anyone suggested Fyvie is a ginger Iniesta?

Absolutely ridiculous and shows how little people know about football.

He's clearly the carrot top Xavi.

:agree:

RoxburghHibs
26-06-2017, 05:50 PM
But according to reports he rejected the deal so it wasn't just that he delayed signing.

He didn't reject the offer as I said he just didn't sign until he returned from holiday. When he contacted the club to sign he was informed Lennon had removed the offer. He is gutted as loved his time at the club but he will find a good club no doubt.

I'm sure Lennon will have players in mind to fill the role.

GordonHFC
26-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Kenny Miller says he has agreed a deal with the arabs.

Onceinawhile
26-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Surprised by that. Thought he would have got a top tier team.

My_Wife_Camille
26-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Take it he didn't fancy Barcelona or Real Madrid then?

Will always be great full for his part in our greatest day but the Championship is his level.

Brightside
26-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Wow....have to say i expected him to get a team in the Prem. Maybe playing every week is more important to him.

Elephant Stone
26-06-2017, 06:37 PM

It's not a straw argument at all, no one has used the words ginger iniesta but there are folk on this forum who think Fyvie was an irreplaceably talented player.

J-C
26-06-2017, 06:38 PM
So basically this top drawer midfielder the majority were greetin about leaving hasn't found a club in the top tier and went back down to the Championship, as I said before a decent midfielder, nothing more.

renato
26-06-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm sure there was talk about him wanting to be close to Aberdeen, if he couldn't convince Lennon to put the offer back on the table?

Hence strongly linked with Dundee, St J and now the Arabs.

QMU-1875
26-06-2017, 06:40 PM
If he signs for Dundee United then he's found a club suited to his capabilities, I'm sure he will be a regular for them. Played his part in the cup final and for that will always be grateful but not as huge a loss as the so called football experts on here think.

J-C
26-06-2017, 06:43 PM
I'm sure there was talk about him wanting to be close to Aberdeen, if he couldn't convince Lennon to put the offer back on the table?

Hence strongly linked with Dundee, St J and now the Arabs.

St Johnstone and Dundee probably couldn't match his wages, he'll be looking to get close to what Hibs were paying him, someone told me he had bought a new house up in Aberdeen, think it was Ryan Jack's old gaff.

Craig_in_Prague
26-06-2017, 06:44 PM
What happened to the St J deal?

UTD have a cracking player. Lennon never seemed to get the best out of him.

Del Boy
26-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Have to say that's a great signing for United.

JimboHibs
26-06-2017, 06:55 PM
If he signs for Dundee United then he's found a club suited to his capabilities, I'm sure he will be a regular for them. Played his part in the cup final and for that will always be grateful but not as huge a loss as the so called football experts on here think.

You must be a so called football expert yourself to make the assumption he'll not be as huge a loss.

Dunbar Hibee
26-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Good luck Fraser. Hibernian Legend.

we are hibs
26-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Well he seems to be signing for St Johnstone, a team who finished 4th and will be in Europe.

Well he hasn't, he's signed for Dundee United. a team who are in the Scottish championship

bigwheel
26-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Well he hasn't, he's signed for Dundee United. a team who are in the Scottish championship

So did John McGinn - doesn't mean he isn't a good player...

erin go bragh
26-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Great signing for Utd . Championship going to be an exciting league. Take your pick from ICT ,Utd , Falkirk , with St Mirren and Morton in with a shout too . Thank ,,, goodness :) were not in it .

we are hibs
26-06-2017, 07:12 PM

the way some go on about him he may as well be. Obviously premiership managers and clubs don't think as highly as some on here as he will be playing championship football for a fourth consecutive year.

hibsbollah
26-06-2017, 07:13 PM
no one has used the words ginger iniesta

My case rests.

we are hibs
26-06-2017, 07:21 PM
So did John McGinn - doesn't mean he isn't a good player...

McGinn didn't move to a lesser club. Fyvie has.

bigwheel
26-06-2017, 07:28 PM
McGinn didn't move to a lesser club. Fyvie has.

"Lesser club". Zzzzzzzz

Is this a Hearts forum ? They've won the league in the 80s and been in a UEFA cup final ..not a bad record for a lesser
Club

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Well he hasn't, he's signed for Dundee United. a team who are in the Scottish championshipYeah, fair play to United. Still a big mistake by Hibs and unless we sign a replacement or McGeouch stays fit you'll see how big a loss he is.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 07:34 PM
the way some go on about him he may as well be. Obviously premiership managers and clubs don't think as highly as some on here as he will be playing championship football for a fourth consecutive year.
Well except Neil Lennon who offered him a 3 year deal.

we are hibs
26-06-2017, 07:37 PM
"Lesser club". Zzzzzzzz

Is this a Hearts forum ? They've won the league in the 80s and been in a UEFA cup final ..not a bad record for a lesser
Club

At this moment in time we are a bigger club than Dundee United.

Stevie Reid
26-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Good luck to him, and will always be a legend for last May - but if the stories are true about him trying to bluff Hibs, he hasn't half made a **** of it.

Elephant Stone
26-06-2017, 07:42 PM
My case rests.

I don't think he was talking literally mate. Looks like it was you who was making the straw man argument then after all. :hilarious

ancient hibee
26-06-2017, 07:44 PM
He didn't reject the offer as I said he just didn't sign until he returned from holiday. When he contacted the club to sign he was informed Lennon had removed the offer. He is gutted as loved his time at the club but he will find a good club no doubt.

I'm sure Lennon will have players in mind to fill the role.

Why did he not deny the newspaper reports that he rejected the offer?

matty_f
26-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Quite gutted about this development, I still harbored lingering hopes that he'd get things sorted with Hibs. Cracking signing for United.

stantonhibby
26-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Quite gutted about this development, I still harbored lingering hopes that he'd get things sorted with Hibs. Cracking signing for United.

Yep , Keatings and him will do well there I think.

IGRIGI
26-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Glad he isn't signing for another top tier club, think he will turn out a very decent signing for UTD.

All the best to him.

Libby Hibby
26-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Good luck Fraser Fyvie. A Hibernian Scottish Cup legend.

Billychaotic182
26-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Good luck. Legend

weecounty hibby
26-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm disappointed at him leaving but also at some of the comments about him. He played a vital re in us winning the cup and getting out of the 1st division. He is a Hibernian legend and will go down inHistory as one of the men to bring the cup home to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years. Best of luck to you Fraser and thanks for your efforts particularly on 21st May 2016. Utd have got a very good player and we have lost one

oneone73
26-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm disappointed at him leaving but also at some of the comments about him. He played a vital re in us winning the cup and getting out of the 1st division. He is a Hibernian legend and will go down inHistory as one of the men to bring the cup home to Easter Road for the first time in 114 years. Best of luck to you Fraser and thanks for your efforts particularly on 21st May 2016. Utd have got a very good player and we have lost one

Well said.

Bostonhibby
26-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Wish him all the best, was a cut above many of the signings we've made in recent years and I won't forget his contribution in the closing stages of that final.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2017, 08:03 PM

Well said

He's a Hibernian legend , Some folk can disagree all they wan't but that's a FACT

Kato
26-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Good luck Fraser. Hibernian Legend.

Agreed. Whether you rate him or not the tone on this thread is a disgrace.

O'Rourke3
26-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Any actual confirmation he has signed at the Arabs? I'm still hoping he is with us.

RoxburghHibs
26-06-2017, 08:23 PM

Who said he didn't? I know someone very close to Fraser (as does '007 Mickey weir' who posts on this Mb) and have been told he never once rejected an offer.

A very good signing for Dundee United IMHO - especially as he can car share with Keatings 😉

Bishop Hibee
26-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Cup winning great. Good luck to him.

Hopefully Scott Martin can seize the opportunity to take his place.

QMU-1875
26-06-2017, 08:59 PM
You must be a so called football expert yourself to make the assumption he'll not be as huge a loss.

Hes average hence why he's signing for an average club in Dundee United. The football experts I referred to would have been justified if he got a move to a decent club, he didn't.

JohnM1875
26-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Hes average hence why he's signing for an average club in Dundee United. The football experts I referred to would have been justified if he got a move to a decent club, he didn't.

We offered him a 3 year contract. Does that make us average?

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2017, 09:04 PM

But we wanted him hence the contract offer what do you make of that?

SON OF PADDY
26-06-2017, 09:04 PM

Excellent post mate !

QMU-1875
26-06-2017, 09:08 PM
We offered him a 3 year contract. Does that make us average?
He would have been a squad player like he was last season because he was average.

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2017, 09:14 PM
He would have been a squad player like he was last season because he was average.

Squad player for an average club?

Radium
26-06-2017, 09:20 PM
I have no knowledge of the situation but the question that springs to mind is, did his agent test the water with other clubs when he was on holiday? I assume that Scottish football is a pretty small pool so there is a reasonable chance of this getting back to someone at Hibs.
Could easily be the reason for the offer evaporating.

Just speculation.

Would have liked to see him stay but life moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2017, 09:35 PM
He would have been a squad player like he was last season because he was average.He was first choice last season until a bad patch of form. He was also first choice in the only Hibs team in history to reach both cup finals in the same season and the first one in 114 years to win the Scottish cup.

I wish every Hibs player was that bad.

ian cruise
26-06-2017, 09:52 PM

He did via, his twitter account, it's not his fault if the red tops didn't want to share his side of the story. I'm sure if he does sign with someone else it will be part of the article then.

I'm disappointed that we haven't been able to keep Fraser, thought the boy was a real talent and seemed to have genuine good feelings for the club. I really hoped we'd be able to get back round the table. Not saying he's irreplaceable but I fear it's not going to be as easy as some think. Time will tell though.

pacorosssco
26-06-2017, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=Radium;5081836]I have no knowledge of the situation but the question that springs to mind is, did his agent test the water with other clubs when he was on holiday? I assume that Scottish football is a pretty small pool so there is a reasonable chance of this getting back to someone at Hibs.
Could easily be the reason for the offer evaporating.

Just speculation.

Would have liked to see him stay but life moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Recon so. He wanted to stay all last season but played less under Lennon. Agent tried see what else backfired Lennon pulled deal. Thanks for final Id rather we kept but we can replace and move on.

Beefster
27-06-2017, 05:45 AM

Me too.

I'm not overly impressed with Lennon in this episode either tbh. I hope we're not trialling or scrambling about for a decent replacement come the end of August.

JimBHibees
27-06-2017, 06:10 AM
Me too.

I'm not overly impressed with Lennon in this episode either tbh. I hope we're not trialling or scrambling about for a decent replacement come the end of August.

You would really hope that the reason he wasnt taken on was because we had moved on and sorted a replacement.

green day
27-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Me too.

I think that is harsh.

I distinctly remember an interview with Lennon ages ago (march maybe) where he said all the players we wanted to keep had already been offered contracts and it was up to them to sign.

FF (like the rest) had the contract offer on the table for weeks if not months before the season ended. It can't have escaped his notice that he hadn't signed it.

Your point about scrambling about is valid, and I can only assume that Hibs decided to move on and have targets.

JimboHibs
27-06-2017, 06:19 AM

So if your a squad player your average ? Aye ok.

al1875
27-06-2017, 06:54 AM

Yes, this for me too, 10/10 :agree:

tamig
27-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Yawn.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2017, 07:04 AM
It's disappointing he's ended up where he has as on his day he's a very good player.

We can't have it both ways though. A lot of peope who were waxing lyrical about Lennons mentality last season are now moaning about how he's dealt with Fyvie. If he's taken a hard line and said agents and players aren't going to mess Hibs about surely that comes with the territory of having that kind of character in charge?

There's plenty strands to this story. Fyvies form tailed off badly last season and I'm not convinced he would have been a 1st pick every week this season, maybe that played a part? Maybe he had another offer that fell through? Maybe Hibs have another player lined up? Nobody except Hibs, FF and his advisors know the full story and even less people know it without one sides spin.

Good luck to a cup winning legend. Whoever has made the decision we move on as well.

Golden Bear
27-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Thanks Fraser and all the best with your future career.

I've a feeling your true value to Hibs won't be fully realised until you're away.

You'll be a big miss, that's for sure.

SON OF PADDY
27-06-2017, 07:53 AM

I've a feeling your true value to Hibs won't be fully realised until you're away.

Well said GB
I've got a feeling there's going to be a good few people on here,regretting that they said FF wouldn't be missed.
Only time will tell, best of luck Fraser.

Green Fish
27-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Agreed that he seemed to have a dip in form but I always felt we were a better team when he was playing.

Thankyou FF and good luck.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
27-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Thanks to Fyvie - cup winning legend.

Gutted he's not staying - I think he could have played a part next season.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Utd. That's Utd made 2 big signings for the championship with Keatings and Fyvie.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-06-2017, 09:18 AM

:top marks

we are hibs
27-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Well except Neil Lennon who offered him a 3 year deal.

Then took the deal off the table once he rejected it. Do you think if Lennon really wanted to keep him and valued him as important as some on here that he wouldn't have put the deal back on the table? He obviously knows we can get better in.

BSEJVT
27-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Simple truth of the matter is that much as I liked Fraser Fyvie and would have preferred he had stayed his staying or leaving wont have a marked effect on our season.

Seems to me Hibs were more than fair to most of the existing regular playing squad and offered them deals

Some accepted some didn't, that's football

Maybe having given them that chance Lennon started to look to the future and thought right they have had their chance.

Fyvie wont be that difficult to replace, had he been a prolific creator of chances he definitely would have been.

I know all his attributes but they simply aren't game changers in their own right

Our Achilles heel for years has been lack of chances created and lack of goals.

If Lennon thinks that Fyvie's wage can be used to bring players capable of solving that conundrum in, I am all in favour of it.

Ball carriers are easy enough to pick up and Fyvie's carelessness with his final ball did not mark him out be anything exceptional.

Quite why folk are queuing up to put the boot into Lennon and Hibs over this escapes. Fyvie had his chance and missed the boat, whatever the reason for this I don't care

Time to start supporting the Manager and the Club instead of picking at old scabs in the hope you can get them to fester.

Finally I wish the legend that is Fraser Fyvie the best of luck, except against us, in his new career,

SON OF PADDY
27-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Then took the deal off the table once he rejected it. Do you think if Lennon really wanted to keep him and valued him as important as some on here that he wouldn't have put the deal back on the table? He obviously knows we can get better in.

Thanks for that Mr Lennon. 😉

MWHIBBIES
27-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Then took the deal off the table once he rejected it. Do you think if Lennon really wanted to keep him and valued him as important as some on here that he wouldn't have put the deal back on the table? He obviously knows we can get better in.Neil Lennon has to prove he can get better in, otherwise he has made a mistake. Time will tell but right now, without any replacement signed, this was a mistake.

G B Young
28-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Any actual confirmation he has signed at the Arabs? I'm still hoping he is with us.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-joins-james-keatings-at-tannadice-1-4487234

Given the respective standings of Hibs and United at present it's quite a big step down for him and presumably on a significantly lesser deal than the one he turned down at Hibs. I'm surprised a top flight club didn't come in for him and the player himself must have thought he could do better.

Did a decent job for us and played a key role in the cup final but I don't think he'll be a telling loss. We need to keep McGinn this season though.

superfurryhibby
28-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Neil Lennon has to prove he can get better in, otherwise he has made a mistake. Time will tell but right now, without any replacement signed, this was a mistake.

I like FYvie, but youre jumping on the negativity bandwagon there MWH.

Too much hysteria on here from people who should know better. It's seems it's catchng.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I like FYvie, but youre jumping on the negativity bandwagon there MWH.

Too much hysteria on here from people who should know better. It's seems it's catchng.I'm not jumping on anything, I'm giving my opinion. Fyvie is a great player, unless he is replaced by another great player we've made a mistake.

inglisavhibs
28-06-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm not jumping on anything, I'm giving my opinion. Fyvie is a great player, unless he is replaced by another great player we've made a mistake.
If he was great he would be signing for a better team than a skint Dundee United. Fraser goes with our best wishes as a valued member of our cup winning team.

IAmLee
28-06-2017, 12:50 PM
If he was great he would be signing for a better team than a skint Dundee United. Fraser goes with our best wishes as a valued member of our cup winning team.

Not necessarily, I'd imagine even a skint united would offer more than most teams in the prem, it's also a lot closer to his family who, last I heard, still stay in Aberdeen.

FilipinoHibs
28-06-2017, 01:04 PM
He was a tidy hard working player but not the one who left for Wigan. He lost his cutying edge, his burst of acceleration to get into dangerous positions.

oneone73
28-06-2017, 01:07 PM
He was a tidy hard working player but not the one who left for Wigan. He lost his cutying edge, his burst of acceleration to get into dangerous positions.

Watch 21.5.16 again.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 01:30 PM
If he was great he would be signing for a better team than a skint Dundee United. Fraser goes with our best wishes as a valued member of our cup winning team.I think he was a great player. I base that on watching him every week for 3 years, not the club who offers him the most money after Hibs.

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 01:34 PM
I think he was a great player. I base that on watching him every week for 3 years, not the club who offers him the most money after Hibs.

Great? Sorry he was far from great he was just pretty average really. Done well in some games crap in others. Replaceable that's for sure and I wish him well.

FilipinoHibs
28-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Great? Sorry he was far from great he was just pretty average really. Done well in some games crap in others. Replaceable that's for sure and I wish him well.

Lot of miss placed passes.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Great? Sorry he was far from great he was just pretty average really. Done well in some games crap in others. Replaceable that's for sure and I wish him well.Crap in about 5 games in 3 years.

Great player in my opinion based on watching him for 3 years, that isn't going to change. He'll be replaceable when he has been replaced, not before.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Lot of miss placed passes.Also completed twice as many as any other Hibs player when he played. McGinn misplaces as many passes as Fyvie, easily.

1875STEVE
28-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Crap in about 5 games in 3 years.

Great player in my opinion based on watching him for 3 years, that isn't going to change. He'll be replaceable when he has been replaced, not before.

Good player IMO as well.

I wanted him to stay, very underrated player.

But, if he's messed us about then i've no sympathy.

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Crap in about 5 games in 3 years.

Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. Great players stand out and play weekly, Fraser wasn't even a regular starter.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. Great players stand out and play weekly, Fraser wasn't even a regular starter.John McGinn isn't a great player by that logic, was poor for a lot of last season.

Fraser was a regular in the side apart 1/2 months in which Shinnie was playing very well on the left and we played 4-4-2. He was a regular in the only Hibs team to ever reach both cup finals in 1 season (would've won both had he been fit to play instead of Thomson) and was magnificent on 21st of May.

jeffers
28-06-2017, 03:06 PM
John McGinn isn't a great player by that logic, was poor for a lot of last season.

Fraser was a regular in the side apart 1/2 months in which Shinnie was playing very well on the left and we played 4-4-2. He was a regular in the only Hibs team to ever reach both cup finals in 1 season (would've won both had he been fit to play instead of Thomson) and was magnificent on 21st of May.

We've already disagreed about FF but the bit in bold is just bollox, how can you possibly say that ?