PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie has left hibs.

Pages : 1 [2]

Thecat23
28-06-2017, 03:19 PM
John McGinn isn't a great player by that logic, was poor for a lot of last season.

Fraser was a regular in the side apart 1/2 months in which Shinnie was playing very well on the left and we played 4-4-2. He was a regular in the only Hibs team to ever reach both cup finals in 1 season (would've won both had he been fit to play instead of Thomson) and was magnificent on 21st of May.

I agree McGinn had a poor season last year. But you are talking like he's one of the best players we've had and he's really not. For the record everyone was immense on the 21st May, it was a fantastic team effort that day with Fraser doing his bit too.

You think he's great I think he's just alright and won't be missed. That's football! But not getting a top flight club speaks volumes imo.

J-C
28-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I agree McGinn had a poor season last year. But you are talking like he's one of the best players we've had and he's really not. For the record everyone was immense on the 21st May, it was a fantastic team effort that day with Fraser doing his bit too.

You think he's great I think he's just alright and won't be missed. That's football! But not getting a top flight club speaks volumes imo.

:agree:

Since90+2
28-06-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure you can say its speaks volumes that Fyvie never signed for a Premiership team. How many teams in the top flight would be paying more than he is on at Dundee Utd? Also nobody has a clue whether or nor he was offered a contract by a team in the Premiership.

Dundee Utd will pay more than Ross County , Hamilton , Motherwell , Kilmarnock and probably more than Dundee or St Johnstone.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 03:53 PM

You think he's great I think he's just alright and won't be missed. That's football! But not getting a top flight club speaks volumes imo.It doesn't speak volumes, it tells me they offered the most money. He had a 3 year deal offered by Hibernian, a pretty big top flight club from what I hear.

We've already disagreed about FF but the bit in bold is just bollox, how can you possibly say that ?Was pretty widely accepted on here. We missed McGeouch, Fyvie and Hanlon badly that day and resorted to kicking it long because we couldn't bring the ball forward properly. Thomson made a bad mistake for the first RC goal as well.

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Was pretty widely accepted on here. We missed McGeouch, Fyvie and Hanlon badly that day and resorted to kicking it long because we couldn't bring the ball forward properly. Thomson made a bad mistake for the first RC goal as well.[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of that. Hanlon was definitely a big miss but to say we'd have won if any or all of them were playing is utter speculation. I thought Thomson had a decent game that day but imo it is overlooked because of that mistake.

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2017, 04:25 PM
First I've heard of that. Hanlon was definitely a big miss but to say we'd have won if any or all of them were playing is utter speculation. I thought Thomson had a decent game that day but imo it is overlooked because of that mistake.In the semi final the midfield 4 of Fyvie, McGeouch, Henderson and McGinn were exceptional, as good as I've seen a Hibs midfield play in years. If they played like that in the final we'd have won it comfortably. McGeouch and Fyvie were huge misses, our league form around the time showed that as well.

jeffers
28-06-2017, 04:46 PM
In the semi final the midfield 4 of Fyvie, McGeouch, Henderson and McGinn were exceptional, as good as I've seen a Hibs midfield play in years. If they played like that in the final we'd have won it comfortably. McGeouch and Fyvie were huge misses, our league form around the time showed that as well.

Yes if we'd played as well as in the semi I agree we'd have had a better chance of winning it, but that's a bit different from saying we'd have won it if FF had been playing.

Anyway we have differing opinions of FF, would be a boring forum if we all felt the same way. I wish FF all the best wherever he ends up and if he comes back to ER as an opposing player I will applaud him.

macca70
30-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Didn't realise the Fyvie to Utd deal had fallen through.

CallumLaidlaw
30-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Didn't realise the Fyvie to Utd deal had fallen through.

Don't think it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macca70
30-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Don't think it has.

Yip, might still happen but exploring other options.

Mr Grieves
01-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Yip, might still happen but exploring other options.

He's no the most decisive person, eh? :greengrin

Brightside
01-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Imagine if he signed for Hibs after all.

FGR2016
01-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Imagine if he signed for Hibs after all.

Do you know something we don't underscore? :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
01-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Do you know something we don't underscore? :greengrin

Not unless Lennon is away (which I very much doubt)...

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Not unless Lennon is away (which I very much doubt)...

Do they not get on?

RoxburghHibs
01-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Do they not get on?

No comment 😉

01-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I like Fyvie and would have been happy to see him stay, an underrated player IMO and often the scapegoat for some people. Some critism justified but sometimes I felt that he took a lot of unfair stick.

Good luck Frazer, thank you for 21.05.2016. Forever a hibs hero for the part you played that day.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I didnt know he hadn't signed for Dun Utd yet. We still need another centre mid.

I hope sense is seen by all and we retain the services of a more than decent player allowing us to focus our energy on signing players further forward

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on FF. He's a player British football doesn't appreciate. I'm not gonna get hung up in this debate anymore so if he goes elsewhere then best of luck to a Scottish Cup winning legend but I'd love it if we could resolve the differences and give him the contact

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Don't think it has.

Blackpool looking to hijack it at the last minute

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2017, 12:28 PM
No comment 😉

C'mon spill:greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Blackpool looking to hijack it at the last minute

Blackpool FFS! Is he only trying to find a shirt that matches his heid?

Come back here Fraser. You were a perfect wee tricolour of a man.

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Blackpool FFS! Is he only trying to find a shirt that matches his heid?

Come back here Fraser. You were a perfect wee tricolour of a man.

:greengrin:greengrin

RoxburghHibs
01-07-2017, 01:43 PM
C'mon spill:greengrin

Haha let's just say he won't play for a team managed by Mr Lennon again.

But that's just football and life in general.

Not everyone gets on.

Blaster
01-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Not everyone gets on.

Can't be through his choice then as you've been telling us he wanted to sign the contract before he found out it was withdrawn

RoxburghHibs
01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Can't be through his choice then as you've been telling us he wanted to sign the contract before he found out it was withdrawn

That was then - things have changed. But the contract offer was withdrawn by Neil.

inglisavhibs
01-07-2017, 05:38 PM
I think he was a great player. I base that on watching him every week for 3 years, not the club who offers him the most money after Hibs.

To be a great player you have to be better than Fraser is at most aspects of the game. Fraser is very fit, a decent weight of passer, has a decent attitude and has a good touch. He is poor at running, defending, heading the ball, scoring goals and creating goals. Not even near a great player but a well respected team member of a cup winning Hibs team.

pacorosssco
02-07-2017, 12:54 AM
To be a great player you have to be better than Fraser is at most aspects of the game. Fraser is very fit, a decent weight of passer, has a decent attitude and has a good touch. He is poor at running, defending, heading the ball, scoring goals and creating goals. Not even near a great player but a well respected team member of a cup winning Hibs team.

Needs more to game I agree but decent player scotland wise. He needs add to game but in a roundabout way had two assists in cup final. Left ball for corner second and fed stokes which resulted in corner for winner. For that i am eternally grateful

Lago
02-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Just wish he would hurry up & sign for someone.

MWHIBBIES
02-07-2017, 11:16 AM
To be a great player you have to be better than Fraser is at most aspects of the game. Fraser is very fit, a decent weight of passer, has a decent attitude and has a good touch. He is poor at running, defending, heading the ball, scoring goals and creating goals. Not even near a great player but a well respected team member of a cup winning Hibs team.So Hibs have never had a great player then? No one I've seen play for us could do all of that.

Fyvie was a great player for Hibs, I base that on watching him play for Hibs, not some daft checklist.

StPauli
02-07-2017, 07:05 PM
After watching his interview about cummings missing the penalty against Dundee United in the semis he can]me across as a real winner who demanded a winning at all costs attitude. A bit disappointed that someone with that mentality has left.

eastmainsmsh
02-07-2017, 08:32 PM
He will be a miss

LeithMike
02-07-2017, 09:56 PM
After watching his interview about cummings missing the penalty against Dundee United in the semis he can]me across as a real winner who demanded a winning at all costs attitude. A bit disappointed that someone with that mentality has left.
Perhaps explains why he has left. Sounds very similar to Lennon and while all very well when on the same page, fall-outs tend to be terminal - a la ferguson and keane.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

livi hibs 1875
07-07-2017, 01:19 AM

Not everyone gets on.

Looks like ff has went in with the white flag , if your info was correct

Jim44
07-07-2017, 04:56 AM
I think the title of this thread is incomplete - Fraser Fyvie has left Hibs in order to seriously consider his future and will soon be reunited with the team he really wants to play for.

Tom Hart RIP
07-07-2017, 05:05 AM
NL said he has not ruled out FF signing for us in post match interview last night

RoxburghHibs
07-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Looks like ff has went in with the white flag , if your info was correct

Could be right but have to admit I know nothing of this development - will try and find out what the situation is later today. But I really hope they have kissed and made up.

ian cruise
07-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Could be right but have to admit I know nothing of this development - will try and find out what the situation is later today. But I really hope they have kissed and made up.

A team of gingers is the way forward, unless the SPFL decide to bring in summer football, then we're toast.

.Sean.
07-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Just sign him please

fat freddy
07-07-2017, 10:58 AM
im up in dundee working, just saw a local rag in a cafe with an article saying Fyvie may not be signing for utd as hibs are considering re signing him

brog
07-07-2017, 11:01 AM
im up in dundee working, just saw a local rag in a cafe with an article saying Fyvie may not be signing for utd as hibs are considering re signing him

Really hope this is the case. Time for 2 ginges to kiss & make up! Apart from his footballing ability I love FF's attitude & he's apparently a good influence in the dressing room, a true professional. Fingers crossed!

SON OF PADDY
07-07-2017, 11:05 AM
I think the title of this thread is incomplete - Fraser Fyvie has left Hibs in order to seriously consider his future and will soon be reunited with the team he really wants to play for.

Please be true 🙄 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

Waxy
07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Just sign for us Fraser. Cup winning ledge you are.

Bostonhibby
07-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Never wanted to lose him and I am convinced he can fill the Luke Berry role so bring him back Neil.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
07-07-2017, 11:21 AM
If we re-sign Fyvie we can forget about another CM. We're sorted.

Edinburgh Green
07-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Never wanted to lose him and I am convinced he can fill the Luke Berry role so bring him back Neil.

What the 22 goals a season midfield role?

eastmainsmsh
07-07-2017, 11:27 AM
I think there is mair chance of Neil berry scoring 22 lol

Bostonhibby
07-07-2017, 11:33 AM
What the 22 goals a season midfield role?
Wee humour attempt failure by me there.......

Fyvie out[emoji6]

Iggy Pope
07-07-2017, 11:45 AM

I've read some tripe on here in my time.....

bill_reed
07-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Lennon said after the Dunfermline game that Fraser Fyvie could resign.... and there was a chance he could come back to Hibs.... so clearly that door has not yet closed....

Keith_M
08-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Been told that Fyvie is coming back to Hibs (by somebody not at all ITK).

Is that true?

:dunno:

EDIT: Oops, I should read the rest of the comments before I post, already been hinted at.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2017, 08:30 AM

Aberdeen?:greengrin

keep the faith
08-07-2017, 09:18 AM
BBC reporting Las Palmas want him.

zolliehibs
08-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Swansea just bought a centre midfielder from them for £11m who does a similar job to Fyvie.

Surely Fraser can't handle that much sun...

Pedantic_Hibee
08-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Swansea just bought a centre midfielder from them for £11m who does a similar job to Fyvie.

Surely Fraser can't handle that much sun...

Factor Duffle Coat required!

Billychaotic182
08-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Aberdeen?:greengrin

Haha

B.H.F.C
08-07-2017, 10:03 AM

That would be a cracking move for him.

hfc rd
08-07-2017, 10:54 AM

That'll be a brilliant move for him

GlasgowHibee
08-07-2017, 10:54 AM
He’d be absolutely mental to turn down a move to Las Palmas, if they are actually in for him.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2017, 11:30 AM
If Fyvie moved to Las Palmas he'd spend about 80% of his salary on sun cream.

1van Sprou7e
08-07-2017, 11:31 AM
It's not the BBC reporting it it's the Daily Mail

Could be amazing for Fraser if true but seems unlikely

Heisenberg
08-07-2017, 11:36 AM
That would be an incredible move for him. I can imagine the ongoing seethe/meltdown on laspalmas.net that they might be replacing an 11 million pound midfielder with a player just recently released by a team in Scotland.

Libby Hibby
08-07-2017, 11:38 AM
That would be an incredible move for him. I can imagine the ongoing seethe/meltdown on laspalmas.net that they might be replacing an 11 million pound midfielder with a player just recently released by a team in Scotland.

Haha

keep the faith
08-07-2017, 11:39 AM

But reinforces how dumb it was to let a player of that quality go and then scratch around for a replacement.

makaveli1875
08-07-2017, 12:07 PM
But reinforces how dumb it was to let a player of that quality go and then scratch around for a replacement.

he wasnt let go , he rejected the contract he was offered , that has now been confirmed by lennon

Slavers
08-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Maybe this is an elaborate plan by both Hibs and FF to make it feel we have signed a new quality player instead of a renewal of contract.

If FF signs now he will def feel like a new signing as i had pretty much been resigned to him being left the club.

keep the faith
08-07-2017, 12:43 PM
he wasnt let go , he rejected the contract he was offered , that has now been confirmed by lennon

His contract he decided to sign was withdrawn because he had taken too long to decide.

Velma Dinkley
08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
His contract he decided to sign was withdrawn because he had taken too long to decide.

It was rejected then withdrawn.

keep the faith
08-07-2017, 12:50 PM
It was rejected then withdrawn.

I thought he had decided to sign after initially rejecting but the contract had been withdrawn?

Velma Dinkley
08-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I thought he had decided to sign after initially rejecting but the contract had been withdrawn?

The offer was withdrawn once it had been rejected. There was then no offer to decide to accept.

keep the faith
08-07-2017, 01:29 PM
The offer was withdrawn once it had been rejected. There was then no offer to decide to accept.

But the story is that FF had decided to accept that original offer that had since been withdrawn.
Bottom line is we could have dealt him in on the original terms and while I get Lennon' s hard line, I think keeping FF would have been a smart thing to do for next season.
Only my view of course.

Forza Fred
08-07-2017, 01:31 PM

He decided to reject an offer that was then withdrawn?

My brain is starting to hurt!

Velma Dinkley
08-07-2017, 01:44 PM
If you offer Colin Calderwood a bag of sweeties and he declines the offer, you might decide to not offer them to him again and instead offer the sweeties to someone else instead. Or something.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Good to get him resigned.

Woodrow
09-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Glad he's back - but he's never a striker ?

1van Sprou7e
09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Wait has his signing been confirmed? Not able to attend ER today

Woodrow
09-07-2017, 01:56 PM

Jim44
09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Good to get him resigned.

Wait has his signing been confirmed? Not able to attend ER today

:confused:

3pm
10-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Good to see him in attendance yesterday.

Franck Stanton
10-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Am I missing something here ? Has FF signed with us ? Or am I just having a whoosh moment ?

Cod Boy
10-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I spoke to him outside the stadium before the game yesterday. I asked him if he was coming back he replied I wish mate.

Lago
10-07-2017, 11:01 AM
I spoke to him outside the stadium before the game yesterday. I asked him if he was coming back he replied I wish mate.
Thats a no then

Cameron1875
11-07-2017, 02:23 PM
We are light in centre mid and he's more than capable of handling the Scottish Prem. Hopefully everyone acts like adults and the deal is signed.

SON OF PADDY
11-07-2017, 02:41 PM
We are light in centre mid and he's more than capable of handling the Scottish Prem. Hopefully everyone acts like adults and the deal is signed.

This is getting ridiculous 😠
Get it sorted Rod ⏳running out.

RoxburghHibs
11-07-2017, 03:09 PM
He met with Lennon last week (Wednesday I think it was) and then on Friday Neil decided not to proceed.

Fraser said his goodbyes to the players on Sunday.

Jim44
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
He met with Lennon last week (Wednesday I think it was) and then on Friday Neil decided not to proceed.

If the details of the contract, which Fyvie appeared to reject some time ago, were the basis for their meeting on Wednesday, I'm surprised and disappointed that Lennon saw fit not to proceed. You've got to think that money and terms were not issues and that personal relationships might have been a stumbling block. I hope noses weren't cut off to spite faces.

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
If the situation has actually played out as made out on this thread, then it's some seriously petty nonsense from Neil Lennon.

HoboHarry
11-07-2017, 03:36 PM
If the situation has actually played out as made out on this thread, then it's some seriously petty nonsense from Neil Lennon.

On the other hand it may be a lot of s***e being posted.

SlickShoes
11-07-2017, 03:42 PM

No one actually knows what went down, there is no point taking sides with either of them because it's completely pointless.

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 03:44 PM

When the situation got to the point it did prior to them speaking again last week Fraser Fyvie would be treated like any potential new singing

It's Neil Lennon's job to decide if he thinks he can get better, is no longer required or would prefer to spend budget elsewhere on the team.

For me there is no way Fyvie & Bartley can play regularly ( maybe against the OF < Sheep and Gunts at an absolute push) together.

Lennon prefers Bartley all day long and I have to agree

Fyvie's problem is he is decent at everything but not very good at anything.

Destroyer no

Incisive pass no

Goalscorer no

Getting beyond the forwards no

Selling McGinn or McGeouch wouldn't change that as he could fulfil neither role

I would happily have kept him, but there are midfielders breaking through from the Under 20's who need to be developed and if they can be will offer more to the team

Centre Hawf
11-07-2017, 03:52 PM
When the situation got to the point it did prior to them speaking again last week Fraser Fyvie would be treated like any potential new singing

It's Neil Lennon's job to decide if he thinks he can get better, is no longer required or would prefer to spend budget elsewhere on the team.

For me there is no way Fyvie & Bartley can play regularly ( maybe against the OF < Sheep and Gunts at an absolute push) together.

Lennon prefers Bartley all day long and I have to agree

Fyvie's problem is he is decent at everything but not very good at anything.

Destroyer no

Incisive pass no

Goalscorer no

Getting beyond the forwards no

Selling McGinn or McGeouch wouldn't change that as he could fulfil neither role

I would happily have kept him, but there are midfielders breaking through from the Under 20's who need to be developed and if they can be will offer more to the team

Personally think Fyvie is lightyears ahead of Marvin, who I also think has a use but his constant starting spot in Lennons side was seriously effecting our ability to create chances and move the ball around in the second half of last season. There is no question in my mind who I prefer and IF it has all went down as is posted on this Lennon needs to have a word with himself here because at the moment I'm not seeing anything positive in this pre season to suggest he's got a plan underway for the new season.

snooky
11-07-2017, 03:52 PM

Would have to agree with you if the "if" part is true. However, there's two sides to a story and whatever happened the whole situation seems to have been very poorly handled by either one or both sides.

BlackSheep
11-07-2017, 03:53 PM
I am quite gutted at this situation... BUT....

As unhappy as I am with Fyvie leaving, I also see great potential from our development team, especially in the last few games of last season and the pre-season so far.

I've heard from Celtic fans that Lennon isn't the best at bringing through youth, but so far i have been impressed with his choice of youth players given opportunities in the first team.

If losing Fyvie means Fraser Murray and Scott Martin get more chance in the first team then I see it as a positive.

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Personally think Fyvie is lightyears ahead of Marvin, who I also think has a use but his constant starting spot in Lennons side was seriously effecting our ability to create chances and move the ball around in the second half of last season. There is no question in my mind who I prefer and IF it has all went down as is posted on this Lennon needs to have a word with himself here because at the moment I'm not seeing anything positive in this pre season to suggest he's got a plan underway for the new season.

I think folk need to remember that we wont have the same domination of the ball as we did last season and that someone will need to go in, break up the opposition attacks and win the ball

IMO Bartley is light years ahead of Fyvie in that role

The free scoring Hearts & Rangers teams that came up from the Championship weren't nearly so free scoring in the SPL

The ability to dig in and grind results out will be priceless

Its a battle against virtually every team and I know who I would rather have in a battle.

Because Fyvie cant do this as well as Bartley, doesn't create a thing and our one glaring failure has been a lack of goals from midfield I can see why he has been sacrificed, particularly at a time we have lost our top goalscorer.

Cameron1875
11-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I think folk need to remember that we wont have the same domination of the ball as we did last season and that someone will need to go in, break up the opposition attacks and win the ball

The free scoring Hearts & Rangers teams that came up from the Championship weren't nearly so free scoring in the SPL

Its a battle against virtually every team and I know who I would rather have in a battle.

Because Fyvie cant do this as well as Bartley, doesn't create a thing and our one glaring failure has been a lack of goals from midfield I can see why he has been sacrificed, particularly at a time we have lost our top goalscorer.

:agree:. Disgusting away games like St Johnstone, Partick, County midweek are where Marvin is first name on the team sheet imo.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 04:13 PM
:agree:. Disgusting away games like St Johnstone, Partick, County midweek are where Marvin is first name on the team sheet imo.And it will be those games at home where we desperately miss Fyvie unless he is replaced or Dylan stays fit.

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 04:22 PM
And it will be those games at home where we desperately miss Fyvie unless he is replaced or Dylan stays fit.

Sorry cant agree

For one Dylan and Fyvie are polar opposites of each other as players

I think that either Whittaker or Martin can fulfil Fyvie's role in such a tussle more than adequately as for that matter could Stevenson, Ambrose or Hanlon

Just about anyone can dig in and destroy, some are better than others.

I likes Fyvie and wouldn't have been upset had he stayed but his lack of creative ability was always going to place him a distant third behind McGinn & McGeouch in their positions and he cannot destroy as well as Bartley.

1van Sprou7e
11-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Sad to hear we won't be signing him

Hope Lennon has a good reason to turn him away but no one seems to know the full story so we'll leave it at that

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Personally think Fyvie is lightyears ahead of Marvin, who I also think has a use but his constant starting spot in Lennons side was seriously effecting our ability to create chances and move the ball around in the second half of last season. There is no question in my mind who I prefer and IF it has all went down as is posted on this Lennon needs to have a word with himself here because at the moment I'm not seeing anything positive in this pre season to suggest he's got a plan underway for the new season.You shouldn't take as gospel what u read on here mate...with all the p**h transfer news and done deal nonsense we've been subjected too since May I'd take every post read with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Fyvie should have signed the deal when it was offered like all the other out of contract players did, but clearly thought he could get better elsewhere, personally I think he was angling for a.move back to Aberdeen that hasn't materialised. I'm not in the know that's just my own opinion.

Whatever our feelings on the matter we need to trust our manager and I'm sure he knows what he's doing- he's not daft!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2017, 04:32 PM
:agree:. Disgusting away games like St Johnstone, Partick, County midweek are where Marvin is first name on the team sheet imo.This in absolute spades...given the choice of marv or FF in the Prem it's gotta be Marvin all day long ...if deciding between 1 or the other.

As others have said lack of goals from.midfield was a massive issue last year and Fyvie doesn't score or really create

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IAmLee
11-07-2017, 04:32 PM
I'd like to hope that Lennon is above cutting off his nose to spite his face with this situation, but I'm not sure he is tbh. I've seen a lot of negative posts about Frasers ability on social media and was starting to wonder if I was talking him up out of sheer affection for a cup winning legend rather than ability, but then I found this article:

5 reasons why Fraser Fyvie is a great signing for Dundee United - The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee-united/5-reasons-why-fraser-fyvie-is-a-great-signing-for-dundee-united-1-4490746)

For those who can't be bothered reading the whole thing, the main bit that got my attention was:

"Nobody played more passes per 90 minutes than Fyvie in the second tier last season. The results are skewed because he was on the league’s most dominant team, who had seven of their players in the top 12, but Fyvie’s numbers were still impressive. Not only did he better six of his team-mates, including the much-lauded John McGinn, he led second-placed Dylan McGeouch by over five passes per game. They weren’t many wayward ones either, as a 83.76 passing completion percentage (seventh in the league) would testify too. And he wasn’t one of those sideways, take-no-chances midfielders either, ranking third in both the most through balls and passes to the final third per 90 minutes."

I'd like to think that we wouldn't turn down the chance to get a player of that quality back on board unless we had someone better lined up, in which case great. He wouldn't take time to settle and we wouldn't need to pay a fee allowing us to focus more on the attacking players that we need this season. I'm sure we'll find out one way or the other soon......

Velma Dinkley
11-07-2017, 04:59 PM
What is it that people think Neil Lennon has done wrong?

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Would have to agree with you if the "if" part is true. However, there's two sides to a story and whatever happened the whole situation seems to have been very poorly handled by either one or both sides.

Oh absolutely, I'm sure there's more to it.

In purely footballing terms, though, letting him go if he wants to stay is madness. McGinn aside he's our best midfielder and whenever McGinn has an off day Fyvie's consistency covers for it.

The comparison with Bartley isn't really relevant because they're completely different players. In derbies and games against the old firm and Aberdeen, yes, you'd pick Bartley. But at home against anyone else and even in most away games we need footballers, not destroyers.

Callum_62
11-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Can Fyvie be easily replaced?

I dont think so

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Sorry cant agree

For one Dylan and Fyvie are polar opposites of each other as players

I think that either Whittaker or Martin can fulfil Fyvie's role in such a tussle more than adequately as for that matter could Stevenson, Ambrose or Hanlon

Just about anyone can dig in and destroy, some are better than others.

I likes Fyvie and wouldn't have been upset had he stayed but his lack of creative ability was always going to place him a distant third behind McGinn & McGeouch in their positions and he cannot destroy as well as Bartley.

How are they polar opposites? Take the ball from the back 4, always about for a pass, can win the ball well, disciplined, hard working. McGeouch probably better but also much more injury prone.

If Fyvie isn't replaced and McGeouch doesn't stay fit we have made a mistake, no doubt about it. He doesn't have a lack of creative ability either, total nonsense as I said. Plenty of examples of his creative ability over the last 2.5 years.

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 06:04 PM
How are they polar opposites? Take the ball from the back 4, always about for a pass, can win the ball well, disciplined, hard working. McGeouch probably better but also much more injury prone.

If Fyvie isn't replaced and McGeouch doesn't stay fit we have made a mistake, no doubt about it. He doesn't have a lack of creative ability either, total nonsense as I said. Plenty of examples of his creative ability over the last 2.5 years.

We see different players.

Tackling will never be one of Dylan's abilities.

Whilst both will look for the ball, Dylan is vastly superior in both his retention and use of it and is a far better dribbler with the ball.

He is a more incisive passer and willing to take on a shot.

This forum is full of historic threads bemoaning Fyvie giving away the ball cheaply.

I really don't want this to turn into a thread where Fyvie ends up getting slagged off, as that's not my intention, I have said till I am blue in the face I would have kept him.

But in a midfield that desperately needs to produce more goals, and given Lennon's clear preference for big Marv, Fyvie was clearly the player most likely to make way for someone capable of doing so, not least following the signing of Swanson who needs to be accommodated.

I would guess Fyvie to be one of our higher paid players and Lennon obviously has other targets for that money.

Time will tell whether he was right or wrong

The_Horde
11-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Can Fyvie be easily replaced?

I dont think so

Not easily, but it won't necessarily be difficult either.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2017, 06:17 PM

:top marksSpot on, and i'm one who would have liked us to keep Fraser.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Whilst both will look for the ball, Dylan is vastly superior in both his retention and use of it and is a far better dribbler with the ball.

This forum is full of historic threads bemoaning Fyvie giving away the ball cheaply.

As IAmLee showed in his earlier post, the numbers just don't back that up.

- Played the most passes per game than anyone in the league last year. (Dylan 2nd - 5 passes per game behind)
- Passing accuracy of 84% (7th highest in the league)
- 3rd highest number of through balls played
- 3rd highest number of passes into the final third

B.H.F.C
11-07-2017, 06:30 PM

I really don't want this to turn into a thread where Fyvie ends up getting slagged off, as that's not my intention, I have said till I am blue in the face I would have kept him.

But in a midfield that desperately needs to produce more goals, and given Lennon's clear preference for big Marv, Fyvie was clearly the player most likely to make way for someone capable of doing so, not least following the signing of Swanson who needs to be accommodated.

I would guess Fyvie to be one of our higher paid players and Lennon obviously has other targets for that money.

Time will tell whether he was right or wrong

Absolutely agree with this. I've said all along that we don't need to replace Fyvie like for like.

Fyvie, Bartley and McGeough didn't score a goal between them last year. Now I get that players have different skill sets, but given our lack of goals, we can't continue to carry three players in that area of the pitch who don't contribute to that side of the game IMO. Sacrificing a player on a good wage to get a better balance in the squad may just be worthwhile. McGeough staying fit is crucial though. In saying that, Fyvie must have missed his share of gams through injury over the last couple of seasons as well.

BSEJVT
11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
As IAmLee showed in his earlier post, the numbers just don't back that up.

- Played the most passes per game than anyone in the league last year. (Dylan 2nd - 5 passes per game behind)
- Passing accuracy of 84% (7th highest in the league)
- 3rd highest number of through balls played
- 3rd highest number of passes into the final third

Having watched all of Hibs home games and some away that's not how I saw his performances, but if that's the verified stats then that it is, but you can play all the passes and tick all the boxes and not create a single chance

For example I cant off the top of my head, and I am sure there will be folk queuing up to tell me otherwise, think of one home game (as I am sure I saw them all) where Fraser Fyvie could claim an assist by delivering the final ball.

Perfectly happy to be told I am wrong as I would struggle to describe more than half a dozen of our home goals last season now and he may well have done so at away games I wasn't at.

Again this isn't anti Fyvie as he brought other stuff to the team, but something had to change in that midfield and to be honest I am happy if it had to be him.

If we had a bottomless budget I would have kept him, but we don't.

Eyrie
11-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Absolutely agree with this. I've said all along that we don't need to replace Fyvie like for like.

Fyvie, Bartley and McGeough didn't score a goal between them last year. Now I get that players have different skill sets, but given our lack of goals, we can't continue to carry three players in that area of the pitch who don't contribute to that side of the game IMO. Sacrificing a player on a good wage to get a better balance in the squad may just be worthwhile. McGeough staying fit is crucial though. In saying that, Fyvie must have missed his share of gams through injury over the last couple of seasons as well.

McGeouch scored in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Other than that, I agree with you even although I like Fyvie and would have preferred to have him back. However I'm not convinced there is room for him in the squad. If we start Bartley, McGinn, Swanson and McGeouch, then we still have Boyle, Martin, Murray and potentially Pennant with Lennon looking to add a goal scoring midfielder.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-07-2017, 08:51 PM

And where did this come from?...do you have one of these amazing sources that 90% of people on here have but wont name...if so then it would seem that hibs must conduct their business in public parks or local pubs in front of huge audiences or are you simply talking a lot of michael knight

Beefster
12-07-2017, 06:31 AM
And where did this come from?...do you have one of these amazing sources that 90% of people on here have but wont name...if so then it would seem that hibs must conduct their business in public parks or local pubs in front of huge audiences or are you simply talking a lot of michael knight

I was under the impression that he knows Fyvie.

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2017, 11:07 AM
I was under the impression that he knows Fyvie.

I know his old man not Fraser himself.

IAmLee
12-07-2017, 11:21 AM
I know his old man not Fraser himself.

He was speaking to a friend of mine in the west on Sunday and was saying he was cautiously hopeful it could still be sorted, obviously he could just be giving a stock answer to get rid of a nosey fan but I'd chosen to hope it wasn't dead haha! Still think we're silly to let him go if he's attempted to make peace with the club (and I outlined why earlier in this thread), if we have someone better lined up then fantastic, but having seen his stats I highly doubt we'd get someone else who could provide similar for less money.

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2017, 11:26 AM
He was speaking to a friend of mine in the west on Sunday and was saying he was cautiously hopeful it could still be sorted, obviously he could just be giving a stock answer to get rid of a nosey fan but I'd chosen to hope it wasn't dead haha! Still think we're silly to let him go if he's attempted to make peace with the club (and I outlined why earlier in this thread), if we have someone better lined up then fantastic, but having seen his stats I highly doubt we'd get someone else who could provide similar for less money.

Sadly I was told dead in the water now. So we move on...

:flag:

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Sadly, I think he's now got the outcome he was holding out for...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/fraser-fyvie-pictured-training-aberdeen/?utm_content=buffer61338&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Madness if we have let a player like that leave, for free, to one of our rivals.

Callum_62
12-07-2017, 12:10 PM
He must have someone lined up.....right......

Hibs90
12-07-2017, 12:15 PM

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/fraser-fyvie-pictured-training-aberdeen/?utm_content=buffer61338&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yup, I reckon this was always what he wanted to do.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Think we are going to struggle to pip the Dons this season. They are getting stronger, with Mackay Steven, Fyvie, Moult and Maloney potentially all signed by Friday...

SteveHFC
12-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Madness if we have let a player like that leave, for free, to one of our rivals.

:agree:.

Hibs better have a replacement in mind.

Del Boy
12-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Think we are going to struggle to pip the Dons this season. They are getting stronger, with Mackay Steven, Fyvie, Moult and Maloney potentially all signed by Friday...

We'll be nowhere near Aberdeen. Unrealistic if anyone expects us to challenge them for 2nd place.

MacGruber
12-07-2017, 12:19 PM
No surprise. Aberdeens gain our loss. Madness.

green day
12-07-2017, 12:22 PM
So, Fyvie didn't want to sign for Hibs, then wanted to sign for us but was too late, then wanted to sign for Dundee Utd, then wanted to come back to Hibs but got knocked back, and now he's signing for Aberdeen???

have I got this right?

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
So, Fyvie didn't want to sign for Hibs, then wanted to sign for us but was too late, then wanted to sign for Dundee Utd, then wanted to come back to Hibs but got knocked back, and now he's signing for Aberdeen???

have I got this right?

Yip! No one of our prophets of doom by any means, by I do really think this one will come back to haunt us.

Unbelievably frustrated at how well the Dons are doing in the transfer market. I would have loved Fyvie back with us, along with Moult, Mackay Steven and Maloney...

flash
12-07-2017, 12:25 PM

How have we let him.leave? He was out of contract and rejected a new one so the club movedetails on to other people.
It happens. Calm down to a panic.

1van Sprou7e
12-07-2017, 12:25 PM
We'll be nowhere near Aberdeen. Unrealistic if anyone expects us to challenge them for 2nd place.

I personally don't think we'll come 2nd but I'm glad the manager has displayed more ambition than you!

1van Sprou7e
12-07-2017, 12:27 PM
How have we let him.leave? He was out of contract and rejected a new one so the club movedetails on to other people.
It happens. Calm down to a panic.

By all accounts he was willing to sign the contract, we didn't have to move on

Lee Marvin
12-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Yip! No one of our prophets of doom by any means, by I do really think this one will come back to haunt us.

Unbelievably frustrated at how well the Dons are doing in the transfer market. I would have loved Fyvie back with us, along with Moult, Mackay Steven and Maloney...

I assume you do not realise that Aberdeen have not signed any of those players you mention. Not one!!

green day
12-07-2017, 12:30 PM
I assume you do not realise that Aberdeen have not signed any of those players you mention. Not one!!

I'm hoping to God they do sign Fyvie so people on here can just move on from this farce.

Velma Dinkley
The myth regarding how well Aberdeen are doing in the transfer market seems to be growing arms and legs. If you include all the players we've been linked to we've had the best transfer window ever :flag:

GreenCastle

Ouch..

Gutted he's leaving. An upgrade will be a goal scoring midfielder but with Shinnie and Fyvie gone - Swanson is to replace Shinnie we need someone to replace Fyvie.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Yip, although it does seem highly likely that they will barring a last minute swoop.

I'm sure we'll find good players, but I do think Aberdeen are doing really well, and the players they are being linked to would be great for us.

snooky
12-07-2017, 12:32 PM

:agree: Although I'd prefer it if we had a better replacement on our books rather than in our mind.

Heisenberg
12-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Looks like we already had a couple of midfielders in mind but didn't manage to pull either of the deals off.

H18 SFR
12-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Could Ambrose not do a job in midfield?

GordonHFC
12-07-2017, 12:39 PM
He can't do a job in defence at the moment.

Tha Cabbage Kid
12-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Could Ambrose not do a job in midfield?
He could if he plans to come back.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Is It On....
12-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Ouch..

Gutted he's leaving. An upgrade will be a goal scoring midfielder but with Shinnie and Fyvie gone - Swanson is to replace Shinnie we need someone to replace Fyvie.

If Dylan can stay fit then it's like a new signing. We are, in my opinion, looking good at the back but I do however think we need to add goal potential (no sh#t) in midfield and in the striking department. Very happy for these to be relatively un-known players as it will mean we likely getting a better deal that won't destroy our wage structure.

Unseen work
12-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Apparently only training with them to stay fit.

However never know what could happen if he impresses.

Cameron1875
12-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Lets all calm down about Aberdeen. Hayes and Mcginn are outstanding footballers for the Scottish Prem level so they'll be a massive miss for them.

As for those players I've bolded, Maloney is quite long in the tooth now and hasn't done anything of note domestically in quite a few seasons.

I got a freebie to Celtic v Rangers semi final last year (David Gray year) and watched Mackay Steven put in one of the most spineless performances i've ever seen.
This was Alan O'Brien levels of fear and he total **** the bed even though he was only playing Tavernier.
If that's their replacement for Hayes then i'll be happy with that.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Lets all calm down about Aberdeen. Hayes and Mcginn are outstanding footballers for the Scottish Prem level so they'll be a massive miss for them.

As for those players I've bolded, Maloney is quite long in the tooth now and hasn't done anything of note domestically in quite a few seasons.

I got a freebie to Celtic v Rangers semi final last year (David Gray year) and watched Mackay Steven put in one of the most spineless performances i've ever seen.
This was Alan O'Brien levels of fear and he total **** the bed even though he was only playing Tavernier.
If that's their replacement for Hayes then i'll be happy with that.

I suppose I am personally guilty of forgetting the players they have lost...Ryan Jack, Niall McGinn, Jonny Hayes, with Sevco sniffing around Kenny McLean too...

I don't reckon Fyvie will be good enough to replace a Ryan Jack or a Kenny Mclean (if he leaves)

Essentially the spine of the team. Guess I'm probably frustrated at seeing names linked to them, but very few links to us. Not anywhere near a panic station - we should easily dispatch Montrose at the weekend with the team we've got...
I would like to see at least some replacements for the team by the time we play County a week on Friday I must admit, but alas, that's for another thread.

J-C
12-07-2017, 01:19 PM

I'm I the only one that read this story as Fyvie not being offered a deal at Aberdeen but has been allowed to train to keep his fitness up. :confused:

1875STEVE
12-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Apprently no deal to be offered, only training facilities to keep fit.

snooky
12-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Looks like we already had a couple of midfielders in mind but didn't manage to pull either of the deals off.

That sounds a bit like Rodney Marsh's oranges story. :wink:

FilipinoHibs
12-07-2017, 01:23 PM
I'm I the only one that read this story as Fyvie not being offered a deal at Aberdeen but has been allowed to train to keep his fitness up. :confused:

It's has been a disater for the boy. Nothing worse than lack off self awareness.

J-C
12-07-2017, 01:29 PM

You have to question what has happened to some of the targets we were after and why they chose not to sign.

BegbieHSC
12-07-2017, 01:49 PM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1287104/former-dons-star-fraser-fyvie-spotted-training-club/

P and J reporting that the club are not offering Fyvie a deal, so those suggesting that he was just training for fitness purposes are apparently absolutely correct.

snooky
12-07-2017, 01:52 PM
You have to question what has happened to some of the targets we were after and why they chose not to sign.

Happens too often for my liking. No idea what the problem is however other teams appear to have a better percentage in signing their targets than we do. Maybe that's just a green tinted illusion though. :dunno:

SlickShoes
12-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Happens too often for my liking. No idea what the problem is however other teams appear to have a better percentage in signing their targets than we do. Maybe that's just a green tinted illusion though. :dunno:

How closely do you follow other teams transfer rumours?

Baw187
12-07-2017, 02:03 PM

So they do.

Think your last sentence is 100% spot on though. That's all it is.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Well thats what is says in print, but if you have a different agenda to most, you will see it as him working his ticket to sign for his boyhood heroes.

J-C
12-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Well thats what is says in print, but if you have a different agenda to most, you will see it as him working his ticket to sign for his boyhood heroes.

Or the fact he has a house up there and needs to keep fit, it's not uncommon for ex players to ask former clubs for training, we did it with Riordan a couple of years ago.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Or the fact he has a house up there and needs to keep fit, it's not uncommon for ex players to ask former clubs for training, we did it with Riordan a couple of years ago.

:agree: Yip the sensible way to see this, yet others not so sensible and see what they want to see even when its just ridiculous.

emerald green
13-07-2017, 02:05 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but FWIW I'm a bit disappointed to see Fraser Fyvie leave Hibs. He's a decent player, and another of the cup winning legends has gone from ER.

I wonder if his face just didn't fit with NL for some reason? :dunno: