PDA

View Full Version : New year derby

Not In The Know
20-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Is anyone able to give an educated guess for "if it will be home or away"?

FWIW it seems to be at Tincastle more often than not over the last few years. I wonder if them requesting away fixtures at the start of the season will in turn mean it will be at their second hand stadium (I'm referencing to the cheap steel they got from the olympic park dismantling/renovation for West Ham:wink:).

Cheers n' that in advance.

Ozyhibby
20-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Is anyone able to give an educated guess for "if it will be home or away"?

FWIW it seems to be at Tincastle more often than not over the last few years. I wonder if them requesting away fixtures at the start of the season will in turn mean it will be at their second hand stadium (I'm referencing to the cheap steel they got from the olympic park dismantling/renovation for West Ham:wink:).

Cheers n' that in advance.

Should be home as it's usually the 3rd derby of the season and the first one will be at home as they wont be finished building their stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
20-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Should be home as it's usually the 3rd derby of the season and the first one will be at home as they wont be finished building their stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's usually the 3rd? It's about halfway through the season so wouldn't it make more sense if it was the 2nd?

Diclonius
20-06-2017, 12:38 PM
In the top division it's the second derby. It'll be at Tynecastle.

stantonhibby
20-06-2017, 12:40 PM
There is a winter shutdown from 1st Jan to 19th so will maybe be last fixture in Dec.

1van Sprou7e
20-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah last year the Old firm was on NYE

Not In The Know
20-06-2017, 03:24 PM
I hope they don't get 2 in row just because they requested away games for the first month or so....

How can they open the ground for a pre-season match (Newcastle) but not opening league games. Ohh aye its so they can make as much cash as possible...

OxoHibby
20-06-2017, 09:07 PM
I hope they don't get 2 in row just because they requested away games for the first month or so....

How can they open the ground for a pre-season match (Newcastle) but not opening league games. Ohh aye its so they can make as much cash as possible...

Maybe the cash cow will be on the pitch for donations from the epl superstars

Sir David Gray
20-06-2017, 09:13 PM
There is a winter shutdown from 1st Jan to 19th so will maybe be last fixture in Dec.

That's one of the things that I'm not looking forward to in terms of being back in the top league.

The period after Christmas and New Year is bleak and depressing enough as it is, without having no football for 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

We'll also have all of the international breaks as well next season. :rolleyes: