PDA

View Full Version : what changed about Danny Swanson last year ?

worcesterhibby
20-06-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty excited about seeing Danny in a Hibs shirt. He obviously loves the club and seems to be a real character. Looking at his stats, last season really stands out as far as goals are concerned, previously in his career he scored at roughly a rate of about 1 goal every 10 games, then last season he smashed that by scoring 12 goals in 24 games. I think a few of them were penalties, so maybe he wasn't the designated kick taker previously, but can anyone else shed any light on why there was the big jump in goals ? Did he play a different more attacking role last season ? How do we get the same return from him in a Hibs jersey ?

SirDavidsNapper
20-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Good management from Wright probably has a lot to do with it. I hope Lennon gets the same out of him.

J-C
20-06-2017, 09:44 AM
I also think he scored a good few penalties, it's not just the goals with Danny, he also creates a lot which is something we've not had since Allan.

1van Sprou7e
20-06-2017, 09:50 AM
According to this page he scored 15 goals but 9 of them were penalties

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41726

greiggy
20-06-2017, 09:53 AM
9 of his 12 were pens. Didn't miss one. 3 goals from open play and none at all since Dec 1. Never took pens before. I think he is a great addition to the squad and Wright seemed to help him to his best ever season but wouldn't base that on a sudden ability to score lots of goals. Maybe the confidence gained by scoring these pens helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wookie70
20-06-2017, 10:06 AM
If we get lots of penalties, unlikely, and he takes them then he might be a 10 + scorer. If we don't, likely, then he will likely be a 4-6. With Jason leaving getting some goalscorers is massively important. I think Boyle would score more than Swanson from a wide position. Swanson looks a good player so no issue with his signing but I'm not convinced he is the answer to goals from midfield.

worcesterhibby
20-06-2017, 10:09 AM
According to this page he scored 15 goals but 9 of them were penalties

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41726

9 of his 12 were pens. Didn't miss one. 3 goals from open play and none at all since Dec 1. Never took pens before. I think he is a great addition to the squad and Wright seemed to help him to his best ever season but wouldn't base that on a sudden ability to score lots of goals. Maybe the confidence gained by scoring these pens helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blimey..I realised he had a few Pens, but didn't realise it was 9 ! With Jason gone it's nice to know we have a confident penalty taker though !