PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thompson - the truth

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 08:33 PM
This may be common knowledge, but it's new to me.

Sorry it's a Celtic site, but the video is interesting.

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/blogs/watch-kevin-thomson-slam-keith-jackson-in-an-astonishing-interview-about-his-hibs-move/

Greenworld
19-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Link no good

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
19-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Doesnt really come as a surprise that Jackson is full of *****. He's notorious for throwing hand grenades on Twitter then ****ing off for a stint. His avoidance of questions on 'the Hampden eleven' never comes as a surpise

Jonnyboy
19-06-2017, 08:44 PM
This may be common knowledge, but it's new to me.

Sorry it's a Celtic site, but the video is interesting.

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/blogs/watch-kevin-thomson-slam-keith-jackson-in-an-astonishing-interview-about-his-hibs-move/

Interesting :greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Link no good

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Try this

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/06/bl...his-hibs-move/

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Kevin Thomson's truth*

Doubt he was anywhere near as daft as he's making himself out to have been.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Him, his agent and Jackson left a lot to be desired back then. Maybe in time KT has felt different but at the time I do not accept his almost its everyone but me.

He and his agent knew excatly what they were doing and that bawbag Jackson is just that a bawbag.

Slim Shady
19-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Wow

Kevin Thomson - I apologise. I will not be alone in taking that interview as the truth.

Keith Jackson should be banned from Easter Road, between that made up interview and the lies from the final where he reported Rangers players being physically assaulted.

Disgrace

poolman
19-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Jackson is a grade A fud

But we've all known that for years

easty
19-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Funny...where are the stories and interviews from back then where KT says that Jackson made it all up? Or was he always meaning to come out and say it, but just never found the time?

I do believe he wishes that story never happened, and it may well have been led, bits of it made up, by Jackson, but I reckon he knew what was going to be printed.

As for the bit in that interview where he says he thought Celtc were more interested in him than in Scott Brown. Dinnae kid yourself. KT was a really good player/prospect, but SB was always the better of the two.

CallumLaidlaw
19-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Funny...where are the stories and interviews from back then where KT says that Jackson made it all up? Or was he always meaning to come out and say it, but just never found the time?

He's said it for quite a long time. I chatted to him the morning after the Scottish cup final last year and he told this story pretty much word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
19-06-2017, 09:16 PM
The whole thing stank then and it stinks now.

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money). I'm assuming Jackson didn't write Scott Browns transfer request either.

In saying all that Keith Jackson helped manipulate the whole episode. The man is the embodiement of the Scottish medias lickspittle attitude towards Rangers. If there's even a half truth to what Thomson is claiming then it calls any integrity the guy had left into question.

easty
19-06-2017, 09:18 PM
He's said it for quite a long time. I chatted to him the morning after the Scottish cup final last year and he told this story pretty much word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In public, or to people every now and then?

Are there any stories from 2007 where Thomson says he didn't say it? If there are I'd love to see them.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 09:20 PM

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money).

In saying all that Keith Jackson helped manipulate the whole episode. The man is the embodiement of the Scottish medias lickspittle attitude towards Rangers. If there's even a half truth to what Thomson is claiming then it calls any integrity the guy had left into question.

Fair points again.

John Collins had a big role in all of this, but that has somehow been forgotten.

Everyone is happy to blame Petrie for meeting with the unhappy players, but few are interested in why they were unhappy enough to seek a meeting in the first place.

Sheight. I've just opened the biggest can of worms . . .

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 09:22 PM
In public, or to people every now and then?

Are there any stories from 2007 where Thomson says he didn't say it? If there are I'd love to see them.

How could he say that? He was signing for them!

easty
19-06-2017, 09:28 PM
How could he say that? He was signing for them!

How could he not?

I'm not saying he should have come out and said he never wanted to play for that ****my weejie club.

He could easily have said "I never said I'd walk on broken glass to leave the team I grew up supporting, but I'm looking forward to the step up playing at Rangers", or something like that. He was a Rangers player so there would be nae shortage of journos wanting to speak to him.

FRes Hibbie
19-06-2017, 09:46 PM
How could he not?

I'm not saying he should have come out and said he never wanted to play for that ****my weejie club.

He could easily have said "I never said I'd walk on broken glass to leave the team I grew up supporting, but I'm looking forward to the step up playing at Rangers", or something like that. He was a Rangers player so there would be nae shortage of journos wanting to speak to him.

Exactly, there's a million ways he could've discredited the "walk over broken glass" stuff at the time without upsetting his new employers. He didn't.

Jackson was clearly dirty as f... but KT's innocence is non-existent.

Fortunately it's all pretty irrelevant now but I'd be uncomfortable if we allowed that story to be re-written with a different spin.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Folk can choose to believe Keith Jackson if they want.

I choose to believe the Hibby, Kevin Thompson.

Sammy7nil
19-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Folk can choose to believe Keith Jackson if they want.

I choose to believe the Hibby, Kevin Thompson.

I don't disbelieve him BUT if someone made that statement on your behalf and you had no knowledge what was going to be said you would make every effort to set the record straight. It appears KT has only done this in the last couple of years. If he is big buddies with Keith Jackson why not ask him to say he may have embellished what KT did or didn't say.

ancient hibee
19-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Kevin Thompson The Truth

The truth is it's Thomson.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 10:27 PM
I don't disbelieve him BUT if someone made that statement on your behalf and you had no knowledge what was going to be said you would make every effort to set the record straight. It appears KT has only done this in the last couple of years. If he is big buddies with Keith Jackson why not ask him to say he may have embellished what KT did or didn't say.

Firstly, why would he bother saying that now if it wasn't true? He's got nothing to gain from contradicting Jackson now, especially if Jackson's version was true.

Second, having given Jackson permission to make a quote up, how confident would a young man be of taking him on, particularly when the Huns would have been scrutinising every thing he said?

"I didn't say I'd walk over broken glass" suggests you're not all that bothered.

oldbutdim
19-06-2017, 10:37 PM
A young lady friend and her fella (both Hibs fans) are very close to Katie.
I was raging at the 'broken glass' story and said as much to her shortly after the story appeared in the rag. She told me exactly the same story as Katie tells in that interview, and that wasn't too long after the event although I don't recall exactly when.
I believed it then, and still do.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Bawbaggery of the highest order from KT, WM and KJ and all rather pathetic conduct at the time. No excuses for the pish.

snooky
19-06-2017, 10:40 PM
I think in retrospect KT regrets the whole DR episode - don't we all.
However, If I had been misquoted in the same way, I would have put the record (sorry, pun unintended) straight right away by talking to other media outlets (press & TV) and I certainly wouldn't have continued an association with the rag by providing them with a weekly 'column'.
If your going to come clean, Kev - let's have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you Sauzee.

DavidDavidGray
19-06-2017, 10:42 PM
People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 10:43 PM
However, If I had been misquoted in the same way, I would have put the record (sorry, pun unintended) straight right away by talking to other media outlets (press & TV) and I certainly wouldn't have continued an association with the rag by providing them with a weekly 'column'.
If your going to come clean, Kev - let's have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you Sauzee.

Thats it for me, the continued association and silence says it all. Im sure he does regret it now but IMO he was party to it at time and allowed it to continue.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 10:46 PM

To contradict a powerful DR journalist at that age and, by doing so, risk alienating yourself from the unwashed hordes at Castle Greyskull, would have been an act of great bravery or stupidity.

Why would anyone risk doing that?

Don't worry. That's a rhetorical question.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 10:47 PM
People saying 'why didn't he discredit the story then', say you're in KTs position and you've just got a big money move and someone's published an article saying how passionate you are about that club, you're hardly going to go 'I don't care that much about the club but I'm happy to be here' are you? I fully believe Thomson in this, Keith Jackson should be banned from ER imo

Exactly.

easty
19-06-2017, 10:51 PM
To contradict a powerful DR journalist at that age and, by doing so, risk alienating yourself from the unwashed hordes at Castle Greyskull, would have been an act of great bravery or stupidity.

Why would anyone risk doing that?

Don't worry. That's a rhetorical question.

Steady on. It was Keith Jackson not Jospeh Goebbells

ian cruise
19-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Here's the thing, does it matter? KT gave us some great times, then he moved on. Then he returned and 0layed his part in the semi final that brought us the Scottish Cup.

There's some questionable moments (his Rangers move) and some martyr moments (playing for free) but ultimately when in a Hibs strip he gave us his all, when he left each time the club survived. Thanks for everything you gave us Kevin, I'll not forget the good time you helped bring us.

FRes Hibbie
19-06-2017, 10:56 PM

See post 16

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 10:57 PM
How could he not?

Im sure if say Liam Boyce says he would walk on glass to play for us then next week said, maybe a wee bit ott with that but delighted to be here, we might just accept him on board. Ffs was KT 3yrs old at the time?

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Steady on. It was Keith Jackson not Jospeh Goeballs.

That's the Keith Jackson you've choosen to believe.

He's powerful enough in that case.

For a 22 year old Hibby signing for the Huns, things must have been bewildering. If you had that strength of character and confidence at that age, you were graced.

I didn't.

vuefrom1875
19-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Jackson is a grade A fud

But we've all known that for years

He's actually worse than that..

hfc rd
19-06-2017, 11:03 PM

Couldn't agree more

Captain Trips
He's actually worse than that..

Indeed for KJ to be a grade a fud he would of had to improve himself 10 fold.

Hibbyradge
Im sure if say Liam Boyce says he would walk on glass to play for us then next week said, maybe a wee bit ott with that but delighted to be here, we might just accept him on board. Ffs was KT 3yrs old at the time?

No, he was 22, about to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and become a millionaire.

That might be quite daunting, no?

I imagine arguing with journalists wouldn't be high on the boy's agenda.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:07 PM
No, he was 22, about to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, and become a millionaire.

That might be quite daunting, no?

I imagine arguing with journalists wouldn't be high on the boy's agenda.

No not really savvy enough to punt his agent no problems doing that for a 22 yr old. Punting him with really knowing exactly the agenda ahead.

FRes Hibbie
19-06-2017, 11:10 PM
That's the Keith Jackson you've choosen to believe.

He's powerful enough in that case.

For a 22 year old Hibby signing for the Huns, things must have been bewildering. If you had that strength of character and confidence at that age, you were graced.

I didn't.

A lot of players have left us when we haven't really wanted them to leave - especially 10-12 years ago. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a player can leave us without leaving a sour taste in the mouth. Others managed it around that time that weren't hibees.

silverhibee
19-06-2017, 11:10 PM

Neither Thomson (or Brown) are as innocent as he makes out. They made the choice to change their agent which was the catalyst for the whole situation. God alone knows what he was promising them (although ultimately he delivered what both wanted, a big move and big money). I'm assuming Jackson didn't write Scott Browns transfer request either.

What baffles me is that the player who done the column before KT always had it proofread by the club before it went to press, if I remember correctly the player would get a call on the Monday or Tuesday from a sports reporter from the Record, it wasn't always Jackson unless there was a story worth talking about, normally it was anyone from the Record sport journalists that got the job, they would chat for about 10-15 minutes about game at weekend and what was going in players life and Hibs stuff, reporter would put together a story/column that would go in the paper near the end of the week but it would be emailed to Hibs to to be proofread before it went to press and Hibs would ask for bits of it to to be tweaked a bit to look better and then give the go ahead.

I did giggle at the tattoo thing after hearing something about it a month ago. :wink: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 11:12 PM
No not really savvy enough to punt his agent no problems doing that for a 22 yr old. Punting him with really knowing exactly the agenda ahead.

Ok. You side with Keith "All Rangers players were assaulted" Jackson.

I'll side with the Hibby.

kaimendhibs
19-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Having spoken to KT one things is abundatly clear. He loves Hibs. I believe him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Ok. You side with Keith "All Rangers players were assaulted" Jackson.

I'll side with the Hibby.

Haha Ok I will side with Jackson then you side with the Hibby.

lucky
19-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I believe KT as why would he come out with this now? Jackson and the DR are slated on here regularly. Jackson is known for being a slaver and lied about the aftermath of the cup final. So why any Hibbie would not believe a guy who played for free for Hibs and contributed to our cup final success is beyond me.

FRes Hibbie
19-06-2017, 11:23 PM
I believe KT as why would he come out with this now? Jackson and the DR are slated on here regularly. Jackson is known for being a slaver and lied about the aftermath of the cup final. So why any Hibbie would not believe a guy who played for free for Hibs and contributed to our cup final success is beyond me.

It's not necessarily a case of believing KT or Jackson, there is a middle ground.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Lucky I do not think its not believing him, Im quite happy that KJ made the quote up. It was the lack of any response at all from KT that some have the issue with.

I do not believe KT said it but I do believe he wasn't as arsed about it as he makes out now. He had enough balls to punt McArthur so he has a strength in character doing that and on the pitch for us before the move. Im sure I remember him bossing Barry Ferguson.

His lack of reaction to the quote didn't seem to fit in with KT that had played for us so it certainly looked like he had not been too bothered by it and could have said it.

Cameron1875
20-06-2017, 12:48 AM
He headed the ball off the line in the last seconds at Tynecastle. All is forgiven.

jacomo
20-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Here's the thing, does it matter? KT gave us some great times, then he moved on. Then he returned and 0layed his part in the semi final that brought us the Scottish Cup.

There's some questionable moments (his Rangers move) and some martyr moments (playing for free) but ultimately when in a Hibs strip he gave us his all, when he left each time the club survived. Thanks for everything you gave us Kevin, I'll not forget the good time you helped bring us.

Oh he's definitely done his part. No one should still harbour a grudge against him now, that's for sure.

That time though ... ooft. 2005-2007. Hibs won a League Cup - and it was great - but arguably could have won more.

When KT says Hibs were never going to be top of the tree - well, certainly not if all the best players leave.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2017, 06:24 AM
I remember a game at Easter Road where Thomson and Brown too the piss all game along with Boozy out of the Rangers team, the whole Rangers team.

They were taking the piss out of their players and mocking them, nutmegging them and generally playing with them.

Both Brown and Thomson were way more brave than some folk are making out here, as others have said, i dont believe Thomson said the broken glass stuff, but i sure as hell think he could have told the papers he did not say those words, in a way that would have told the truth to Hibs fans, and not upset his new employers.

His silence fuelled the hatred he got, and funny enough the truth only come out when he wanted to come back.

There were a few guilty here, and Thomson is one of them.

3pm
20-06-2017, 06:36 AM
I remember a game at Easter Road where Thomson and Brown too the piss all game along with Boozy out of the Rangers team, the whole Rangers team.

They were taking the piss out of their players and mocking them, nutmegging them and generally playing with them.

Both Brown and Thomson were way more brave than some folk are making out here, as others have said, i dont believe Thomson said the broken glass stuff, but i sure as hell think he could have told the papers he did not say those words, in a way that would have told the truth to Hibs fans, and not upset his new employers.

His silence fuelled the hatred he got, and funny enough the truth only come out when he wanted to come back.

There were a few guilty here, and Thomson is one of them.

2005 - Ferguson got sent off. Thomson was superb.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2017, 06:41 AM
2005 - Ferguson got sent off. Thomson was superb.

As good a display as anything i have seen from a Hibs midfield that day, Gallousness at its best from 2 players who didnt give a toss about about players or reputations.

They were a lot braver than some folk are saying.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2017, 06:55 AM
As good a display as anything i have seen from a Hibs midfield that day, Gallousness at its best from 2 players who didnt give a toss about about players or reputations.

They were a lot braver than some folk are saying.

Brave on a football pitch with your team mates beside you and a referee to protect you is one thing.

Calling out a journalist for making up quotes, something Boris Johnson was sacked for, is entirely another.

How could he have put it right and who would print a non-story like that fairly?

"Thomson says wouldn't walk over broken glass after all". That headline would have gone down well with the Ibrox knuckle draggers.

Folk have made their minds up, it seems, and nothing KT says will change that. Choices.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Brave on a football pitch with your team mates beside you and a referee to protect you is one thing.

Calling out a journalist for making up quotes, something Boris Johnson was sacked for, is entirely another.

How could he have put it right and who would print a non-story like that fairly?

"Thomson says wouldn't walk over broken glass after all". That headline would have gone down well with the Ibrox knuckle draggers.

Folk have made their minds up, it seems, and nothing KT says will change that. Choices.

Are you trying to class football with Politics here Dave, i'd bet none of them had even heard of Boris when this was going off, and yes i have made my mind up, as you have. :wink:

Golden Bear
20-06-2017, 07:39 AM
So how do you actually spell Kevin's surname?

:wink:

Golden Bear
20-06-2017, 07:44 AM
It's not necessarily a case of believing KT or Jackson, there is a middle ground.

Really?

Personally I wouldn't believe a word that jakey Jackson has ever said or printed. The guy is a corner boy rabble rouser, to call him a journalist would be an insult to the profession.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2017, 07:58 AM

I can believe Jackson made the infamous quote up, no problem at all accepting that.

Thomson and Brown played their part in bringing about the whole situation though and that can't be whitewashed now. Whatever happened in the Hibs dressing room over that period, especially in the latter part of the season, and whoever was to blame it arguably cost us a cup double. No one, including Thomson, McKay, Brown, Collins and several other players come out of the situation smelling of roses.

snooky
20-06-2017, 08:36 AM
He headed the ball off the line in the last seconds at Tynecastle. All is forgiven.

He was being paid to do it, btw (unless he was still on his play-for-nothing deal, of course). :wink:

JDHibs
20-06-2017, 08:49 AM
KT has apologized and came out and stated mistakes were made.

End of the day he was a young lad and made mistakes, hes realized that now and has hes said hes tried to rectify it by playing for us on 3 separate occasions and being involved in our Scottish cup winning campaign!

hibsbollah
20-06-2017, 08:51 AM
I can believe Jackson made the infamous quote up, no problem at all accepting that.

Thomson and Brown played their part in bringing about the whole situation though and that can't be whitewashed now. Whatever happened in the Hibs dressing room over that period, especially in the latter part of the season, and whoever was to blame it arguably cost us a cup double. No one, including Thomson, McKay, Brown, Collins and several other players come out of the situation smelling of roses.

:agree:

Whenever this whole sorry episode gets regurgitated on hibs net, it's like the KT apologists are expecting the rest of us to bin the contents of our collective memories.

KT had a weekly column in the record, which was used over a period of weeks to destabilise the club and force through a move. It wasn't just one quote out of context, he was maliciously damaging the club he was the captain of.
As it happens I like him now, done some good community engagement work including with my sons team. But it would reflect on him better if he took more responsibility for being a dick.

Super_JMcGinn
20-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Having spoken to KT one things is abundatly clear. He loves Hibs. I believe him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have it on good authority he doesn't even love football let alone Hibs.

Super_JMcGinn
20-06-2017, 10:04 AM

And he didn't even get a medal for it, shame on the SFA.

SirDavidsNapper
20-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Not like Keith Jackson to make up lies.

Tamhere1875
20-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Have known Keven for a good number of years and a more honest guy you could not get.

Andy74
20-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Have known Keven for a good number of years and a more honest guy you could not get.

I'm sure I could find one no bother.

GreenLake
20-06-2017, 01:00 PM
I thought it was Paul Pierce.

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm sure I could find one no bother.:faf:

snooky
20-06-2017, 10:18 PM

Whenever this whole sorry episode gets regurgitated on hibs net, it's like the KT apologists are expecting the rest of us to bin the contents of our collective memories.

KT had a weekly column in the record, which was used over a period of weeks to destabilise the club and force through a move. It wasn't just one quote out of context, he was maliciously damaging the club he was the captain of.
As it happens I like him now, done some good community engagement work including with my sons team. But it would reflect on him better if he took more responsibility for being a dick.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2017, 05:20 AM
Not like Keith Jackson to make up lies.

The thing about that statement is that Jackson apparently unlike the majority of sports "writers" has a degree in Journalism according to that former? Celtc poster Jack Regan!

leithsansiro
21-06-2017, 07:09 AM
The thing I take from that article is that Keith Jackson seems like another of an idiot and kinda underhand. Is anyone really surprised?

Steve-O
21-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Jackson is a lying fud, but Thomson's constant victim routine is also grating.

Beefster
21-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Jackson is a lying fud, but Thomson's constant victim routine is also grating.

Constant? What else has he done it about?

heretoday
21-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Am I fed up hearing about Kevin Thomson?

Yes.

KWJ
21-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Rather than read a Celtic minded article about a part of the source here is the full 7 parts of the interview.

KT comes across really well in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmzqmW-_QibXNCXvAlUznxZqzNMtauXo6

WARNING - contains some naughty language that may offend message board users.

KWJ
21-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Am I fed up hearing about Kevin Thomson?

Yes.

Probably shouldn't open up a thread entitled Kevin Thompson then. Unless you were hoping this was someone different.

keep the faith
21-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Probably shouldn't open up a thread entitled Kevin Thompson then. Unless you were hoping this was someone different.

👏😁

oldbutdim
21-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Maybe someone taking the p.

cmcd
21-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Maybe someone taking the p.
Who is Kevin Thompson .?? Never heard of him

Ollie Reed
21-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Who is Kevin Thompson .?? Never heard of him

Just a former columnist of a ****hole rag whose expertise was bluffing and double bluffing in what he said or didn't say. A decade later and the former columnist is still bewildering his former readers on what he said or didn't say.

He also played for Hibs on occasion too.

Deansy
21-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Hopefully Hibs are proactive with today's up-and-coming youngsters, warning them of the dangers of dealing with our footballing 'media' - I'd use the 'Daily Rectum' as an example of all that's bad in the SMSM as, imho, that rag is the absolute rock-bottom of the pile !

McD
21-06-2017, 09:28 PM
The thing about that statement is that Jackson apparently unlike the majority of sports "writers" has a degree in Journalism according to that former? Celtc poster Jack Regan!

What happened to him Jack Regan?

lapsedhibee
21-06-2017, 09:34 PM
What happened to him Jack Regan?

Don't think his contributions were fully appreciated. He used to claim that the huns got unfairly beneficially treated by the Scottish fitba authorities, but tended to get 'a plague on both your houses' responses. After LNS etc etc etc I think he was right all along.

oneone73
21-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Just a former columnist of a ****hole rag whose expertise was bluffing and double bluffing in what he said or didn't say. A decade later and the former columnist is still bewildering his former readers on what he said or didn't say.

You forgot to add: he played a big part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup. His performances against the Hertz earned him redemption.

cmcd
21-06-2017, 10:46 PM

There has never been a Hibs player by the name of Kevin Thompson .If you can't even spell his name properly how can you expect to be take seriously

easty
21-06-2017, 11:21 PM
There has never been a Hibs player by the name of Kevin Thompson .If you can't even spell his name properly how can you expect to be take seriously

If you can't spell to be taken seriously right...how can you expect to be taken seriously?:greengrin

Ollie Reed
22-06-2017, 07:46 PM
You forgot to add: he played a big part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup. His performances against the Hertz earned him redemption.

Absolutely.

Ollie Reed
22-06-2017, 07:48 PM

I'd take this seriously if it were I who made that error. Wasn't though.

WhileTheChief..
22-06-2017, 08:02 PM

You probably meant to write "taken" in your post yeah?

majorhibs
22-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Steady on. It was Keith Jackson not Jospeh Goebbells

10/10. Best sarcastic reply in yon time. Hats off tae ye!

Bay Area Hibees
22-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Enjoyed this the interview.
He's definitely a hibby.
And a hibby that played big part in us winning the holy grail.
Don't know why he gets such a hard time.

Bay Area Hibees
22-06-2017, 11:07 PM
As such

Steve-O
23-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Constant? What else has he done it about?

So far we've had John Collins was against him, now Keith Jackson lied about him, not forgetting how he was upset Hibs didn't give him a coaching role, and he also claims Hartley lied when he retired. Nothing is ever his fault. He has an inflated sense of entitlement, and an inflated view of his own talent IMO. Read a few of his columns in the EEN/Scotsman and you'll see what I mean.

Pete
23-06-2017, 05:59 AM

Let's not forget that it was his performace that inspired us out of the hole that'd been dug in the first half.

He also loves the club and played for us for nothing apparently.

Time for some folk to stop acting like he cost us some major trophy haul when left us ten years ago. He's a good hibee who played his part in the legendary cup win and should be treated as such.

KWJ
23-06-2017, 07:26 AM
So far we've had John Collins was against him, now Keith Jackson lied about him, not forgetting how he was upset Hibs didn't give him a coaching role, and he also claims Hartley lied when he retired. Nothing is ever his fault. He has an inflated sense of entitlement, and an inflated view of his own talent IMO. Read a few of his columns in the EEN/Scotsman and you'll see what I mean.

Pro athlete in confidence shocker.

Only difference is that he's Scottish and not Jason Cummings.

If you watch those videos he admits that he was no saint.