PDA

View Full Version : Harris signs for Falkirk

Jim Herriot
19-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40331999 (via the Sibbald thread)

Best of luck, Alex.

Jim44
19-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Best of luck, Alex.

Pre his leg break, I thought he was potentially a great squad player for us. It hasn't worked out for him so I'm glad to get him off our books permanently. Good luck to him.

jacomo
19-06-2017, 03:50 PM

Best of luck, Alex.

Yup good luck to him

Sir David Gray
19-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Hopefully he can resurrect his career and make something of himself.

I have my doubts but I certainly wish him all the best for the future.

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Wish him all the best. Always seemed a nice guy.

Pete
19-06-2017, 04:06 PM
If it's in you then you'll make it. Paul Hartley was written off and he came back at a relatively late stage in his career so you never know.

Good luck Alex.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 04:12 PM
He was a standout when he broke through ..... just a shame it never worked out

Jonnyboy
19-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Wish him all the best

Johnny Clash
19-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Really thought he had the potential to be a great player then his injury seemed to dent his confidence. Hope he manages to regain some of his magic.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 06:22 PM
In an ideal world Alex would fail miserably at Falkirk, costing Houston his job, then go onto be a superstar at Barca/Real/Juve rubbing salt into his spam-headed wounds.

DublinHibs44
19-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Hope he does well. Anyone know if Handling or Stanton have found other clubs?

Billy Whizz
19-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Good luck Alex

staunchhibby
19-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Sam is still waiting to hear from hibs re his contract

brianmc
19-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Good luck to him.
He certainly appeared to have enough ability to make a good career for himself when he broke into our first team.
By all accounts his attitude and off field behavior is excellent.
Add to that the fact that he has now developed the physique needed to be a player......
The only missing ingredient is the self belief/desire to really kick on and make it.
The ball is well and truly in his court now.

BSEJVT
19-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Have to say I don't Like Falkirk and most of their players past and present have been a bunch of fanny's but I would like to see Alex make a real success of his move and recapture something like his early promise

Maybe James McDonagh (sp?) can get the best out of him again

Good luck Boozy

stoneyburn hibs
19-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Wish him all the best. Hopefully he gets his career back on track.

SirDavidsNapper
19-06-2017, 09:00 PM
If it's in you then you'll make it. Paul Hartley was written off and he came back at a relatively late stage in his career so you never know.

Good luck Alex.

I get what you're saying but there's Paul Hartley and then there's Alex Harris. I suspect The Championship will be his level. Really decent move for him though.

Hi Heid Yin
19-06-2017, 10:32 PM
I wish Harris well but for me he had more than enough time to cement a place and prove his worth at Hibs. He has perhaps found his level in The Championship.

ancient hibee
19-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Have to say I don't Like Falkirk and most of their players past and present have been a bunch of fanny's but I would like to see Alex make a real success of his move and recapture something like his early promise

Maybe James McDonagh (sp?) can get the best out of him again

Good luck Boozy
Sweeping statement re players past and present. Bert Slater,Alex Parker,Willie Ormond ,Kevin McAllister,Eddie May,Russell Latapy,Graham Mitchell were non fannies I would have thought.

snooky
19-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Sweeping statement re players past and present. Bert Slater,Alex Parker,Willie Ormond ,Kevin McAllister,Eddie May,Russell Latapy,Graham Mitchell were non fannies I would have thought.

Johnny Graham?

The_Horde
19-06-2017, 10:43 PM
All the best Acky lad.

ancient hibee
19-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Yeh Johnny was given the boot far too early when he and McBride fell out with Hart.

CMurdoch
20-06-2017, 12:18 AM
A good move for the guy.
Hope he can get an injury free run at Falkirk and get himself back in the groove.
FWIW (**** all) I think he will do well once he settles in.

BSEJVT
20-06-2017, 06:14 AM

My antipathy goes back to the late 60's and resurfaced again:

1) In our "great adventure period"

2) In the Mowbray era

3) In the last 3 years

Of the players you name, first 2 were before my time? or at least didn't register with me at a young age as being worthy of the label given

Most leaving Hibs and passing through Falkirk on the way down are exempt!

Ormond, before my time but would have been post Hibs

McAllister I will give you

Eddie May I don't remember being at Falkirk nor Graham Mitchell but I am sure you are right, but would be sure both were post Hibs

Latapy post Hibs

The case for the prosecution off the top of my head:

SAF (broke Cropley's ankle)

Scott Crabbe and players of his era

Peter Houston (as a player)

Paddy Cregg and players of his era

Lee Milller

John Baird

Mark Kerr

Taiwo (as an exception to above rule)

calumhibee1
20-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Good luck Alex. Hope on a personal level it goes well for him. Hope his team gets pumped every week with him being a stand out player though. :greengrin

calumhibee1
20-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Hope he does well. Anyone know if Handling or Stanton have found other clubs?

No idea but the two of them will have no impact at Hibs so if they've any ambition to make a career out of football then they should be pressing to be released. Out of the three of them I'd have said Harris had the best chance and he was never going to make an impact either.

J-C
20-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Good luck to the lad, decent quality player with decent skill but ultimately not strong enough mentally to play for a big club, seemingly he was decent at QOS so he does have it in him but just not for us.

stantonsboots
20-06-2017, 05:45 PM
No idea but the two of them will have no impact at Hibs so if they've any ambition to make a career out of football then they should be pressing to be released. Out of the three of them I'd have said Harris had the best chance and he was never going to make an impact either.has handling not moved to raith?

heretoday
20-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Best of luck to Alex Harris. It's a good move for him.

OxoHibby
20-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Pre his leg break, I thought he was potentially a great squad player for us. It hasn't worked out for him so I'm glad to get him off our books permanently. Good luck to him.

When he broke through and pre leg break he looked a stand out. Got us going in the Falkirk semi. Good luck Alex

snooky
20-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Good luck with the Bairns, Alex. :aok: