PDA

View Full Version : Factual information

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Over the last few days we seem to have become infested with Jambos on this site.

There appears to be a great deal of misinformation, and ludicrous comments about JC transfer and NL.

Admins, how do we stop this?

Ozyhibby
19-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Over the last few days we seem to have become infested with Jambos on this site.

There appears to be a great deal of misinformation, and ludicrous comments about JC transfer and NL.

Agree, lots of attention seeking posts going up just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
19-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Totally agree. Days and days of mostly tosh and folk just second guessing things and claiming that they are in the know. Becoming boring.

Iggy Pope
19-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Totally agree. Days and days of mostly tosh and folk just second guessing things and claiming that they are in the know. Becoming boring.

It's always been boring.
Worse still are the amount of posters who lap up the respected garbage these authorities spout.
The PM board is just as bad.

Wembley67
19-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Pretty sure if we didn't have such a good team in the making these threads wouldn't appear...let's spin it as a positive 🐴

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Get a grip, Delboy has been on point with his information in the past. If he's heard something then I'm happy for it to be posted.

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Get a grip, Delboy has been on point with his information in the past. If he's heard something then I'm happy for it to be posted.

What exactly has he heard, and what facts to back it up.

CapitalGreen
19-06-2017, 02:31 PM

He never claimed it as fact. Actually in his opening post he qualifies it with:

"Might be a pile of shight"

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 02:34 PM
He never claimed it as fact. Actually in his opening post he qualifies it with:

"Might be a pile of shight"

Thanks, imagine 90% of posts on JC, budgets, STF, Gary Locke, Lenny fall into that category.

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 02:37 PM
The problem with this place, is if you put a negative spin on anything, or post something someone doesn't like, you're immediately subjected to the "sniff, sniff" type comments.

There's one single thread that discusses a rumour someone heard about NL leaving. If you don't like it, don't open it.

heretoday
I imagine we've got a few stalkers on their site too.

Mikey

He started the Jason Cummings to Forest thread :wink:

CapitalGreen
19-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks, imagine 90% of posts on JC, budgets, STF, Gary Locke, Lenny fall into that category.

I'm not sure what you are really expecting on a football fans message board. If you are desperate for facts wait until the club announces something or go read an encyclopedia.

Jack
19-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Any doubts use the Report Post button.

Let admin use their yingyam device.

J-C
19-06-2017, 02:41 PM
I only listen to around 4 posters who always give what they think is genuine info, the rest I treat with a pinch of salt. Re Jason, I posted on private board that I spoke with his dad, it all happened just as he said, I now have zero info from within the club now Jason has gone.

SirDavidsNapper
19-06-2017, 02:50 PM
It's silly season. Can't wait till the first whistle of the season blows and we can get back to it.

RossScott1991
19-06-2017, 02:54 PM
The problem with this place, is if you put a negative spin on anything, or post something someone doesn't like, you're immediately subjected to the "sniff, sniff" type comments.

There's one single thread that discusses a rumour someone heard about NL leaving. If you don't like it, don't open it.

This 100%.

BH Hibs
19-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Ignore them they'll go away.

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 03:13 PM

Don't know what your problem is DH..?

First of all, if you check my posts, I don't post a lot, I only post something when I HEAR something!

Secondly, I heard about JC through a very close source which ended up being true, not?

Thirdly, I heard a wee snippet about NL this morning so I decided to post on here which I did say it "could be Shight". Now, Gary Locke has seemingly been asked about the u20's job (not my fault he's a Jambo) I don't really like
him too.

AND

Fourthly, Do not EVER call me a Jambo that comes on here that spouts P*sh..!

I've supported the Cabbage for 47 years!!!

GGTTH

:agree:

Spike Mandela
19-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Maybe Romanov has had some Russian hackers hack .net?:cb

Jim44
19-06-2017, 03:26 PM

:agree: ........ but vastly more that 90%.

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Don't know what your problem is DH..?

First of all, if you check my posts, I don't post a lot, I only post something when I HEAR something!

Secondly, I heard about JC through a very close source which ended up being true, not?

Thirdly, I heard a wee snippet about NL this morning so I decided to post on here which I did say it "could be Shight". Now, Gary Locke has seemingly been asked about the u20's job (not my fault he's a Jambo) I don't really like
him too.

AND

Fourthly, Do not EVER call me a Jambo that comes on here that spouts P*sh..!

GGTTH

DB

Re JC, I was not questioning the source, it was the other posts about STF taking 50% etc... £500k fee.

Re NL I'd be amazed if he didn't know how much money he was getting from the fee.

Re Gary Locke, I truly hope that is pish.

No way did I intend to label you as a jambo, like you I've supported the club for 40 plus years.

sahib
19-06-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure what you are really expecting on a football fans message board. If you are desperate for facts wait until the club announces something or go read an encyclopedia.

:greengrin

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 03:51 PM
DB

Re JC, I was not questioning the source, it was the other posts about STF taking 50% etc... £500k fee.

Re NL I'd be amazed if he didn't know how much money he was getting from the fee.

Re Gary Locke, I truly hope that is pish.

No way did I intend to label you as a jambo, like you I've supported the club for 40 plus years.

I've never heard about STF taking 50% and correct, what a load of pish
GL has seemingly been offered the u20's/reserve team manager. Hate the man but who are we to tell the board not to employ him if they think he's the best for the job!

And yes , I'm no jambo ( thank **** )

Oh and my big bro used to play for Darlo over 40's so been down your way a few times watching him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 03:53 PM

GGTTH

Wellbankhibby has you beat. :-)

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Wellbankhibby has you beat. :-)

He must be a lot older than me then #auldbugger

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 04:11 PM
He must be a lot older than me then #auldbugger

See the negativity thread for his Hibs credentials. :-)

WhileTheChief..
19-06-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't think it's Hearts fans posting this nonsense, it's just bored, annoying Hibs fans!

neil7908
19-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I absolutely hate the summer when there isn't a world cup or Euros on.

Just folk filling in the empty space with rumours from down the pub.

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I've never heard about STF taking 50% and correct, what a load of pish
GL has seemingly been offered the u20's/reserve team manager. Hate the man but who are we to tell the board not to employ him if they think he's the best for the job!

And yes , I'm no jambo ( thank **** )

Oh and my big bro used to play for Darlo over 40's so been down your way a few times watching him.

Aah Darlo, that's a thread on its own!!

Pretty Boy
19-06-2017, 04:38 PM
I never really think of the internet as any different from the pub or work or whatever.

I can go to the pub pre game and there will almost certainly be 3 or 4 people who have 'heard something'. Sometimes it will be accurate, other times it won't be. The only real difference is hibs.net or the Facebook pages and so on reach a bigger audience and the anonymity of the internet means people are more likely to call somebody out about it. I bet not one person would be brave enought call a guy in the pub a Hearts fans, roaster, talker of garbage or whatever other insult springs to mind to their face if they didn't know them.

WhileTheChief..
19-06-2017, 04:46 PM
If a bloke in the pub told me Lennon was being replaced by Naithsmith then of course I'd say he was talking crap.

What kinda pubs do you drink in that you can't disagree with someone?!

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 04:51 PM
If a bloke in the pub told me Lennon was being replaced by Naithsmith then of course I'd say he was talking crap.

Me too, but I think you know what he means :wink: And I think he's bang on the money.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2017, 05:02 PM

You can disagree with people.

Whether you can open up with some of the sane vitriol aimed at people who post unpopular opinions on here is debateable.

makaveli1875
19-06-2017, 06:05 PM

The amount of (yams) *cringe threads on this board you'd be forgiven for thinking this was a (yams) *cringe messageboard

i suggest a lifetime ban for the next person to start a (yams) * cringe thread on here

or possibly just have 1 (yams) *cringe thread that all the associated (yams) crap can go in

Borderhibbie76
19-06-2017, 07:25 PM
It's beyond silly season in here just now that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk