PDA

View Full Version : Lennon

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Just heard form a source that Lennon could be away!?

Might be a pile of shight but very weird timing after Cummings away. Hopefully starting from a Jambo.

I'll do my homework and get back to you all 😡

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I doubt it. But I'd be pretty disappointed if true. More so if it's budget related.

Mikey
19-06-2017, 11:52 AM

Might be a pile of shight but very weird timing after Cummings away. Hopefully starting from a Jambo.

Sounds nonsense. Except that you're usually right with this sort of thing............

Theinsider
19-06-2017, 11:53 AM

If it wasn't you saying it. I would say it's a pile of Barry White. That said I still doubt it highly.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Well I predict 200 replies regardless by 14:00.

Callum_62
19-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Dont know why but had a feeling he might leave before seasons start

Hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
19-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Stubbsy ... Stubbsy

Onceinawhile
19-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Gary Locke in?

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Sounds nonsense. Except that you're usually right with this sort of thing............

Seemingly Gary Naismith from QOS

Maybe that is where the Gary Locke rumour is coming from, Naismith bringing in his pals?!?

Bostonhibby
19-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Gary Locke in?
Normally I enjoy a good lock in but on this occasion I'll give it a miss.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Callum_62

Maybe that is where the Gary Locke rumour is coming from, Naismith bringing in his pals?!?

Think thats just eased my concerns about this rumour being true

makaveli1875
if todays rumours are true , lennon away to be replaced by gary locke :offski:

3pm

No chance!

1van Sprou7e
19-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I just don't see why he'd leave to be honest

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I think with the sale of JC just there I am sure this money will have been a hot topic between NL and LD so I can see that if NL did not like what was told then the timing could be right that he might call it. If time goes on then all is well but this JC is probably key in a few factors for the season ahead.

Purely speculative of course.

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 11:59 AM
I just don't see why he'd leave to be honest

Frustrations with budget, being aired by proxy via Sutton and Hartson? Maybe he's been told JC's fee isn't being made available to him?

easty
19-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Even if NL was to leave, we'd no replace him with Gary Naysmirh or Gary Locke, that's obviously a load of pish.

Heisenberg
19-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Nah there's no chance Naysmith would get the Hibs job. There are about 3 other managers who'd be ahead of him from the Scottish Championship alone. Couple of weird rumours surfaced in the last two days...both involving Gary Naysmith.

Waxy
Either way i hope this gets clarified asap.

.Sean.
If he's away, Stubbs please.

Green Blood
19-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Club is under his skin now so doubt his relationship with board could be that bad that it would force him to leave. It is more likely to be his mental health that would force a change in current situation.

The Captain....
19-06-2017, 12:02 PM
I think with the sale of JC just there I am sure this money will have been a hot topic between NL and LD so I can see that if NL did not like what was told then the timing could be right that he might call it.

There were rumours last season he wasn't too happy at times with the transfer activity, but I presumed thats all they were. Lennon's comments re Cummings value to the club seem at odds to our actions in selling him to the first bidder this Summer (that we were aware of). He's certainly been uncharacteristically quiet the last few weeks but I presumed it was because he was on holiday or something.

Fingers crossed its silly season rumours wise and he's staying.

Iain G
19-06-2017, 12:06 PM

It's Yoko's fault...

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Just made a few phone calls and Gary Locke has been offered the U'20's job.

Nothing about Neil Lennon or Gary Naismith SO nothing to report guys. Just hold onto our hats at moment..!

Some Jambo rat must have opened up his mouth and spouted P..sh

Keep you in the loop if anything transpires

pacoluna
19-06-2017, 12:09 PM
move on

bingo70
19-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Not long ago I'd have agreed with you however I've quite liked the mentality Lennon has brought into the club.

I love Stubbs, probably more than I should, however i think he's perhaps a bit soft to be a first team manager.

The Harp
19-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Rumour probably started by a mischief-making yam.
Having said that, if the board doesn't share NL's ambitions and aren't prepared to splash the cash, he won't hang around.
Hope there's nothing sinister going on.

adhibs
19-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Hopefully nonsense, would be gutted to see Lenton leave.

H18 SFR
19-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Gary Locke is a football dinosaur, £75 to Suzy's organisation if he gets appointed - never happening.

danhibees1875
19-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Not long ago I'd have agreed with you however I've quite liked the mentality Lennon has brought into the club.

I love Stubbs, probably more than I should, however i think he's perhaps a bit soft to be a first team manager.

And he wins too many Scottish cups. :wink:

I can't see this rumour being true - opportunistic timing for someone to start it after we sold Cummings.

Heisenberg
19-06-2017, 12:16 PM
I'd be raging if we gave Gary Locke a job. He's a brutal manager/coach. Ruins teams wherever he goes.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 12:18 PM

The only worry I'd have is that he would be keen to leave as soon as some pish like Rotherham showed some interest. Other than that I'd say that, with respect, anyone who doubts that Stubbs is good enough to manage Hibs should seek a head examination :greengrin

we are hibs
19-06-2017, 12:19 PM
not overly fussed If Lennon is here or not.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Rumour probably started by a mischief-making yam.
Having said that, if the board doesn't share NL's ambitions and aren't prepared to splash the cash, he won't hang around.
Hope there's nothing sinister going on.

I'd actually be pretty pissed off if Lennon left because of a moan about money. NL has been involved in Scottish football long enough to know that teams outside of they two, plus hearts in the "we're borrowing from ourself" years, don't splash the cash. He knows this plenty well enough.

R'Albin
19-06-2017, 12:22 PM
The only worry I'd have is that he would be keen to leave as soon as some pish like Rotherham showed some interest. Other than that I'd say that, with respect, anyone who doubts that Stubbs is good enough to manage Hibs should seek a head examination :greengrin

I'd be happy enough with Stubbs coming back but I think that's maybe a bit extreme. We went on one of the worst runs I've ever seen as Hibs fan and he failed to get us promoted in two attempts - even finishing behind Falkirk one season. He certainly did a lot of good things for our club but it wasn't all perfect under him.

That said I can't see this rumour being true.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:22 PM
I'd be raging if we gave Gary Locke a job. He's a brutal manager/coach. Ruins teams wherever he goes.

I'll second that thought.

Sioux
19-06-2017, 12:23 PM
I think with the sale of JC just there I am sure this money will have been a hot topic between NL and LD so I can see that if NL did not like what was told then the timing could be right that he might call it. If time goes on then all is well but this JC is probably key in a few factors for the season ahead.

You mean you're making things up?

Vini1875
19-06-2017, 12:26 PM
I hope this is rubbish. We need to move forward together. There is a lot of hope and optimism around ER at the moment and I am sure NL knew that JC would be going if an offer came in. The record STs mean we should have a budget that NL can work with and the money from JC. So there is only two issues that could create a problem 1. The board penny pinching, which I can't see we need a premier league squad and have the money or 2. NL has got an offer from England which he is thinking about, which I can't see since winning the championship is not exactly going to set the heather alight down south.

Smells like a JKB wet dream if you ask me.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 12:27 PM
You mean you're making things up?

Aye whatever

matty_f
19-06-2017, 12:29 PM

100% agreed.

Not In The Know
19-06-2017, 12:30 PM
100% agreed.

yep!

SirDavidsNapper
19-06-2017, 12:30 PM
I think Lennon would have been fully aware that Cummings would be allowed to leave after promotion. It's probably that that made him stay last season. No place for unsettling rumours imo.

Leith Green
19-06-2017, 12:33 PM

Me too .. He is a thick Hearts ****

Smartie
19-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Putting 2+2 together to get 5, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Lennon walk over funds for transfers.

His 2 transfer windows were pretty underwhelming and we struggled for goals at times before losing our 2 main strikers. If he's not being given a substantial sum (i.e. more than we can afford) to bring in the players he wants then I could imagine him getting pissed off, a bit like when JC got pissed off when we weren't shelling out millions on Steven Naismith.

The articles and comments from Hartson and Sutton seemed to be a fairly direct plea from Lennon for backing, at a level we can't really justify doing.

keep the faith
19-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Just made a few phone calls and Gary Locke has been offered the U'20's job.

Nothing about Neil Lennon or Gary Naismith SO nothing to report guys. Just hold onto our hats at moment..!

Some Jambo rat must have opened up his mouth and spouted P..sh

Keep you in the loop if anything transpires

Would have thought that KT Would be a much better u20 manager appointment that Gary bloody Locke!!

Smartie
19-06-2017, 12:38 PM

Grant Murray was a Hertz dick and didn't exactly set the world on fire as a manager, yet by all accounts he is doing a very good job with our youngsters.

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.

Jim44
19-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Whether true or not, I'm sure it's not the type of rumour which would drag on for very long. I reckon they will announce it by this evening if true, and if not we can safely assume it's Tom Kite. :cb

Ryan69
19-06-2017, 12:41 PM
People need to calm down.

Theres absolutely no way Gary Locke will ever be on payroll at ER!

LancsHibs
19-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Can't see there being anything in this? Hope not, we will have deals in the pipeline at an advanced stage and with a change of manager would put these in doubt. We need stability going forward into this big season ahead for us! Lennon is a draw for players coming to us no doubt about it.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd be happy enough with Stubbs coming back but I think that's maybe a bit extreme. We went on one of the worst runs I've ever seen as Hibs fan and he failed to get us promoted in two attempts - even finishing behind Falkirk one season. He certainly did a lot of good things for our club but it wasn't all perfect under him.

That said I can't see this rumour being true.

It wasn't anything close to being a formality that we'd get promoted within the first two attempts given who else was in our league. And finishing joint second with Falkirk is easily forgivable given that we were win both cup finals that year and therefore played a ridiculous number of matches.

I don't think any Hibs manger in my lifetime did as good a job as Stubbs.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:49 PM
It wasn't anything close to being a formality that we'd get promoted within the first two attempts given who else was in our league. And finishing joint second with Falkirk is easily forgivable given that we were win both cup finals that year and therefore played a ridiculous number of matches.

I don't think any Hibs manger in my lifetime did as good a job as Stubbs.

Stubbs won us the big one, and that makes him a legend.

That doesn't detract from the fact that, in the league, Stubbs failed at Hibs. It's a fact. Look who else was in our league. Look how many games we had to play. Excuses. Excuses.

jacomo
19-06-2017, 12:53 PM
if todays rumours are true , lennon away to be replaced by gary locke :offski:

Good feeling gone.

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Grant Murray was a Hertz dick and didn't exactly set the world on fire as a manager, yet by all accounts he is doing a very good job with our youngsters.

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.

Heard he (Murray) might be promoted to the first team hence an opening for the u20's job.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 12:55 PM

That doesn't detract from the fact that, in the league, Stubbs failed at Hibs. It's a fact. Look who else was in our league. Look how many games we had to play. Excuses. Excuses.

Not excuses but FACT, tell me another manager who got us into 2 cup finals in the same season?. You seem to forget it was his first job in management and I happen to think he did a great job and would have easily got us promoted last season.

I think 99% of Hibs fans would welcome Stubbsy back with open arms.

guthrie01
19-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Are people actually thinking we are lining up Gary Locke to replace Lennon :crazy: Would be worse than Butcher and Leeann will know this.

Would be dissapointed in Lennon leaving, considering he just got us up but maybe he can't cope with the budget we are giving him and it's best for the club that we both part ways

For me there is only one man who can come in and adapt to our players and budget and he is our Scottish cup winning manager.

Golden Bear
19-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Putting 2+2 together to get 5, it wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Lennon walk over funds for transfers.

His 2 transfer windows were pretty underwhelming and we struggled for goals at times before losing our 2 main strikers. If he's not being given a substantial sum (i.e. more than we can afford) to bring in the players he wants then I could imagine him getting pissed off, a bit like when JC got pissed off when we weren't shelling out millions on Steven Naismith.

The articles and comments from Hartson and Sutton seemed to be a fairly direct plea from Lennon for backing, at a level we can't really justify doing.

Lennon knew the score when he took the job on and he's acknowledged the financial backing he's already received from the Board. If this rumour is true, then it's just as likely to be over personal issues than football matters.

But there again, I've absolutely no basis for saying that, it's just my opinion.

Speedway
19-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Given how media friendly NL is and the fact that not a single media outlet is reporting a sniff of this; Truth level is estimated at zero.

Big_Franck
19-06-2017, 12:59 PM
I hope this isn't true as i'd prefer the continuity that Lennon would give the squad. I was never a Lennon fan before he joined us and didn't want him as manager. He did a decent job last season though and I'd prefer he stayed and had a go at the Premierships. Having said that if he isn't happy with his budget I am sure there are loads of managers out there that would love the platform Hibs give a manager now.

I'd want Stubbs to come home in the case that Lennon goes.

Speedway
19-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Is this where the fans reps tell us what the score is?

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Just so we are clear here, Gary Locke isn't replacing Lennon in case people are getting confused. All that I heard was Hibs offered him a role with the young lads and he's thinking about it.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 01:02 PM

Oh it's a fact, Ok. I was going to argue that but looks like you've concluded that one. :tee hee:

easty
19-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Not excuses but FACT, tell me another manager who got us into 2 cup finals in the same season?. You seem to forget it was his first job in management and I happen to think he did a great job and would have easily got us promoted last season.

I think 99% of Hibs fans would welcome Stubbsy back with open arms.

His first job in management...that's just another excuse.

I think he'd have got us promoted last season too, but he left. I don't see what your point is with that.

I'm not even saying I wouldn't take him back.

easty
19-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Oh it's a fact, Ok. I was going to argue that but looks like you've concluded that one. :tee hee:

Laugh away Chuckles.

Isn't it a fact?

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Yet another bored .net member with nothing better to do...

Next...

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Laugh away Chuckles.

Isn't it a fact?

He took over us when we couldn't really have been in more of a state; and we had Hearts and Sevco in our league. I think most fair people would say that promotion was the aim but by no means the expectation. Stubbs knew exactly what he needed to do to rebuild the club, his signings were exceptional, his derby record was exceptional and I would say that, despite being in the Championship, I had one of the most enjoyable periods of my life supporting Hibs. I would not dream of using the word 'failure' when talking about this period. It was a successful rebuild.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Laugh away Chuckles.

Isn't it a fact?

It's a fact he took over some 11 players in his first season when Hearts and Rangers had solid squads, but you bang on with he was failure rhetoric if it makes you feel good.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 01:16 PM
He took over us when we couldn't really have been in more of a state; and we had Hearts and Sevco in our league. I think most fair people would say that promotion was the aim but by no means the expectation. Stubbs knew exactly what he needed to do to rebuild the club, his signings were exceptional, his derby record was exceptional and I would say that, despite being in the Championship, I had one of the most enjoyable periods of my life supporting Hibs. I would not dream of using the word 'failure' when talking about this period. It was a successful rebuild.

:top marks

Hibeewilly
19-06-2017, 01:18 PM
I heard earlier that Lennon has asked for all of the Cummings money for players or else he is walking. Guy has been accurate before with his info but we'll just have to wait and see. He wants Boyce as priority as well

Jonnyboy
19-06-2017, 01:18 PM
As usual, folk jumping all over speculation when no real facts re NL are known. Distressing in a way that folk are happy to jump on the 'board's not giving enough money' bandwagon. Maybe it's just me but I think we are too quick to jump on the theories of others.

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 01:21 PM
I heard earlier that Lennon has asked for all of the Cummings money for players or else he is walking. Guy has been accurate before with his info but we'll just have to wait and see. He wants Boyce as priority as well

I think that is total bull**** even by this forum.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 01:22 PM

To a point. Not all his signings were successful, never mind exceptional. He made mistakes in particular in his last January window and the period of form we had at that point was awful.

We lost too many league games and we finished below Falkirk so it wasn't just due to Hearts and Rangers being with us.

He did have a big rebuild job but to be fair to others at the club, he only had to part of that. Some previous managers would have loved to have been able to bring in a whole new team so there are two sides to the rebuild job.

He's a legend for the cup win, did okay in the league, the football could be enjoyable, but overall we weren't quite good enough. I think we've moved on in mentality and in being hard to beat.

Wouldn't be supportive of going back to him.

Jim44
19-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Is it true that 'gullible' has recently been removed from the Oxford dictionary?

Andy74
19-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Amazing how many folk suddenly recall hearing stuff after a rumour is put up.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I think that is total bull**** even by this forum.

You can think what you like but he/she is entitled to post what they have heard or think, is that not the purpose of a site such as this?

Big_Franck
19-06-2017, 01:27 PM
To a point. Not all his signings were successful, never mind exceptional. He made mistakes in particular in his last January window and the period of form we had at that point was awful.

We lost too many league games and we finished below Falkirk so it wasn't just due to Hearts and Rangers being with us.

He did have a big rebuild job but to be fair to others at the club, he only had to part of that. Some previous managers would have loved to have been able to bring in a whole new team so there are two sides to the rebuild job.

He's a legend for the cup win, did okay in the league, the football could be enjoyable, but overall we weren't quite good enough. I think we've moved on in mentality and in being hard to beat.

True, he did sign Malonga.

We weren't quite good enough in the league, without a doubt caused by playing so many cup games. In the cups we were better than we have ever been in my lifetime. The one ex-manager I'd love to have back at the club some day is Stubbs.

DarlingtonHibee
You can think what you like but he/she is entitled to post what they have heard or think, is that not the purpose of a site such as this?

So let me get this right, what he is saying is that LD and NL have not agree what the budget is, and not agreed how much money will go towards the transfer budget. Sorry, very hard to believe.

inglisavhibs
I'd actually be pretty pissed off if Lennon left because of a moan about money. NL has been involved in Scottish football long enough to know that teams outside of they two, plus hearts in the "we're borrowing from ourself" years, don't splash the cash. He knows this plenty well enough.
If Lennon leaves it won,t be about money, more likely to be about health.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 01:28 PM

You over simplify things without seeing the bigger picture but your last sentence is mindblowing coming from a Hibs fan.

Velma Dinkley
19-06-2017, 01:29 PM
I heard that Lennon is contracted to be Hibs manager for another year.

easty
19-06-2017, 01:30 PM
It's a fact he took over some 11 players in his first season when Hearts and Rangers had solid squads, but you bang on with he was failure rhetoric if it makes you feel good.

I will bang on about it, but it doesn't make me feel anything, never mind good.

For arguments sake...a quick look online shows they signed Alexander, Ozturk, Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo, Sow, Eckersley, Keatings, Zeefiuk, Anderson, El Hassnaoui for that season, they'd just spent a season getting pumped and playing with bairns, so no quite a solid squad like you suggest.

CraigHibee
19-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Probably started by some Yam who is trying to focus attention away from their begging bowl of a club

bingo70
19-06-2017, 01:33 PM
So let me get this right, what he is saying is that LD and NL have not agree what the budget is, and not agreed how much money will go towards the transfer budget. Sorry, very hard to believe.

Without knowing how football clubs work I'm sure I read managers would say to the board I want players a,b and c. How much each deal will be worth won't necessarily be discussed.

I hope it's not true but I find it entirely possible that Lennon has given the club a list and if we're not securing them he's becoming frustrated, especially after we've just had a transfer windfall and record season ticket sales.

Was Lennon quoted anywhere after we sold Cummings? I don't think he was and considering how forthcoming he normally is with the media that could potentially point to things not being quite right behind the scenes.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Of course not every single signing was an exceptional player, no manager ever will do that. Taken as a whole, I would say that he did an exceptional job in who he signed for us.

Scott Allan
John McGinn
Dominique Malonga
David Gray
Liam Fontaine
Anthony Stokes
Marvin Bartley
Fraser Fyvie
Conrad Logan
Darren McGregor
Dylan McGeouch
Liam Henderson

And the other signings were fine: Keatings, Boyle, and others have been absolutely fine. Overall I think you are being incredibly harsh if you would disagree that Stubbs did an exceptional job in signing players.

As for the league, we did lose too many games but I can forgive him for that given the number of games that we had to play - owing to the fact that we made both cup finals in the same season (an exceptional achievement).

Would take him back in a heartbeat, the only issue I have is the fact that Rotherham was sufficiently attractive for him to leave last time.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Of course not every single signing was an exceptional player, no manager ever will do that. Taken as a whole, I would say that he did an exceptional job in who he signed for us.

Scott Allan
John McGinn
Dominique Malonga
David Gray
Liam Fontaine
Anthony Stokes
Marvin Bartley
Fraser Fyvie
Conrad Logan
Darren McGregor
Dylan McGeouch
Liam Henderson

And the other signings were fine: Keatings, Boyle, and others have been absolutely fine. Overall I think you are being incredibly harsh if you would disagree that Stubbs did an exceptional job in signing players.

As for the league, we did lose too many games but I can forgive him for that given the number of games that we had to play - owing to the fact that we made both cup finals in the same season (an exceptional achievement).

Would take him back in a heartbeat, the only issue I have is the fact that Rotherham was sufficiently attractive for him to leave last time.

You seem to be missing all the players that weren't fine though?

ian cruise
19-06-2017, 01:37 PM

Plus he's already been given budget to sign Swanson and Ambrose who won't be on tiny wages, so find it hard to believe he's not being supported by the board.

DarlingtonHibee
19-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Without knowing how football clubs work I'm sure I read managers would say to the board I want players a,b and c. How much each deal will be worth won't necessarily be discussed.

I hope it's not true but I find it entirely possible that Lennon has given the club a list and if we're not securing them he's becoming frustrated, especially after we've just had a transfer windfall and record season ticket sales.

Was Lennon quoted anywhere after we sold hCummings? I don't think he was and considering how forthcoming he normally is with the media that could potentially point to things not being quite right behind the scenes.
As CEO she will be in constant contact with Neil. There will be a revenue budget set, he would have known how much of the transfer fee he would see before the deal was signed.

easty
19-06-2017, 01:38 PM

We were in a state, no doubt. So were Hearts and Rangers though.

Some of the football under Stubbs, especially in the big games, was brilliant. I've not forgot the less entertaining games though, of which there were plenty.

Stubbs is a legend. Obviously. Failed in the league though.

GloryGlory
19-06-2017, 01:38 PM
As usual, folk jumping all over speculation when no real facts re NL are known. Distressing in a way that folk are happy to jump on the 'board's not giving enough money' bandwagon. Maybe it's just me but I think we are too quick to jump on the theories of others.

:agree: Leeann has said more than once that the Board does everything in its power to support the manager and give him the best possible transfer budget it can. I am also sure that Neil is well aware of the financial situation of the club and what we can actually afford to spend in fees, wages, etc. So I find it strange hat people are insinuating he is unhappy with that.

MyJo
19-06-2017, 01:39 PM
I think the fact we have been able to sign efe Ambrose on a permanent two year deal and we are looking at players like whittaker, stokes, commons, Boyce, Stewart and moult shows we aren't skimping on the budget.

The only thing that might cause an issue is us selling JC and Possibly McGinn against lennon's wishes.

If he does walk away I would absolutely welcome Stubbs back, he didn't win us the championship but his record against premiership teams and in cup competitions in general with us was great

we are hibs
19-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Stubbs came in and said he wanted to deliver a team the hibs fans would go to easter road,enjoy watching and be proud of. he did that. The football may not have been as free flowing in his second season but his first season we played some of the best stuff since under Mowbray. No doubt that we should've beaten that pish poor rangers side in the play offs but over the course of that season; considering what he inherited, he done a good job. His second season we simply ran out of legs imo. We should've finished 2nd so a poor league campaign, a terrible play off campaign, a good league cup run where we were simply unlucky on the day. we luckily found a second wind in time for the cup final but it was a poor season that ended up being another good season thanks to his decision making in the final and getting his tactics spot on. so overall he done a good job. I think he'd relish being in charge of hibs in the top flight with teams coming out to attack us rather than sitting back. If Lennon goes I think we should 100% go for stubbs.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 01:43 PM
You seem to be missing all the players that weren't fine though?

Jesus Christ mate you will argue about anything eh? Every manager in the history of football will sign a couple of poor players. Stubbs took a few gambles with players on loan and very low paid contracts which didn't come to fruition. Over all, as a whole, I think he did an exceptional job in signing players for us and I am pretty baffled as to why someone would dispute that.

Vault Boy
19-06-2017, 01:45 PM
I heard that Lennon is contracted to be Hibs manager for another year.

My many sources are telling me this too. :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-06-2017, 01:56 PM

What has Gary Naismith remotely done to be considered for the Hibs job. Someone winding you up deffo Yams are scared.

Brightside
19-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Gary Locke is a football dinosaur, £75 to Suzy's organisation if he gets appointed - never happening.

Eddie may has offered him an academy role.

Smartie
19-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Stubbs had a cracking record in the transfer market.

Yes, he made a few poor acquisitions but his good signings were so good, it made me wonder what the hell we we were playing at for 10 years before that.

He had the best transfer market record of any Hibs manager imo.

RIP Bestie
19-06-2017, 02:00 PM
You over simplify things without seeing the bigger picture but your last sentence is mindblowing coming from a Hibs fan.

Why mindblowing?
Take away the cup win and I don't think too many Hibs supporters would have been overly concerned if he had resigned or been sacked when he left. Even fewer would be petitioning for his return now. As has been said, he failed with his primary objective.

madhatter
19-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Anybody else get the feeling that we need some signings or at least tangible signing rumours?

H18 SFR
19-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Anybody else get the feeling that we need some signings or at least tangible signing rumours?

Totally, even just a bit of self-regulation not to talk Tom Kite on here.

KeithTheHibby
19-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Coaching / management skills aside there are worse Jambi roasters than Locke by a country mile.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Jesus Christ mate you will argue about anything eh? Every manager in the history of football will sign a couple of poor players. Stubbs took a few gambles with players on loan and very low paid contracts which didn't come to fruition. Over all, as a whole, I think he did an exceptional job in signing players for us and I am pretty baffled as to why someone would dispute that.

You said his signings were exceptional. Some were, some were alright, some were terrible. Overall picture was pretty good but not exceptional. He made errros in that last window that mean he can't claim that at all.

There were more than a couple that didn't work out at all.

Ozyhibby
19-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Could do with some signings soon as the amount of absolute Tom kite rumours getting posted just now has gone through the roof.
Announcements at 5pm, Lennon going, Gary Locke new manager. Absolute nonsense.

easty
19-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Coaching / management skills aside there are worse Jambi roasters than Locke by a country mile.

This Gary Locke?

Who are these roasters who are worse? He's a ****ing dingle.

1van Sprou7e
19-06-2017, 02:12 PM
You said his signings were exceptional. Some were, some were alright, some were terrible. Overall picture was pretty good but not exceptional. He made errros in that last window that mean he can't claim that at all.

There were more than a couple that didn't work out at all.

What hibs managers have a better record in the transfer window than Stubbs? Genuinely struggling to think of anyone that can top him

RossScott1991
19-06-2017, 02:15 PM
I'd be worried if this was true in regards of the budget part of it. The romantic in me though tells me if this happened and it meant return of stubbsy I'd be delighted ! Legend who signed more good players than bad.

I think lennon will be offski after this season regardless.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2017, 02:15 PM
[emoji106]

It's the glass wall and red coo thing that's increased the tension all round..

We better see if Tranmere have got any other guys that morecambe released and start signing a few of them quick.

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Yes, people are jumping over speculation, however they wouldn't be doing so if the op didn't have such a good track record.

Iggy Pope
19-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Yes, people are jumping over speculation, however they wouldn't be doing so if the op didn't have such a good track record.

In what sense? He's already recorded on the thread that it's more than likely a sparryheid at the wind up.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 02:27 PM

Gary Locke is one of a handful of people I couldn't see ever wanting to work for us, even if we made him an offer.Murray done an excellent job with Raith.

Delboy4
19-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Could do with some signings soon as the amount of absolute Tom kite rumours getting posted just now has gone through the roof.
Announcements at 5pm, Lennon going, Gary Locke new manager. Absolute nonsense.

Where did you get that info from??

He has been offered the u20's job..!

SirDavidsNapper
19-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Lennon would have to be pretty stupid if he thought he was going to get bags of money to play with. We're not Celtic. We will be shopping in the same market as Aberdeen and Hearts. He will have known this. To put it in perspective, Aberdeen just sold their best player for 1.3m.

SON OF PADDY
19-06-2017, 02:29 PM

100% Correct Jonnyboy 🤔 Chill Guy's !!

Deansy
19-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Given how media friendly NL is and the fact that not a single media outlet is reporting a sniff of this; Truth level is estimated at zero.

Yup - scoured Google and not one solitary mention !. It's either close-season boredom or Yam wishful thinking !

worcesterhibby
19-06-2017, 02:33 PM
The only thing that might cause an issue is us selling JC and Possibly McGinn against lennon's wishes.

The thing is, we already persuaded Jason to stay for an extra season and Lennon knows as well as anyone that it is counter productive to try to stop players moving if they want away and will earn 3 times as much elsewhere.

Jones28
19-06-2017, 02:37 PM
If assurances hadn't been made with regards to budget then do you really think Lennon would have signed in the first place?

No he wouldn't, nothing to see here.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 02:38 PM
What hibs managers have a better record in the transfer window than Stubbs? Genuinely struggling to think of anyone that can top him

Hard to tell really when his teams haven't played in the top league or weren't with us long enough.

McGinn and McGregor are particular highlights, probably Bartley as well. Gray and Stokes for their cup exploits.

Mowbray and McLeish would be in with a shout of having records equally as good if not better. Let's see what Lennon does this year - he's had success with Ambrose and Commons who played key roles for us. I'm sure Swanson will turn out to be excellent. Holt needs to be credited if we are counting some of the players on Stubbs' list that were good.

Stubbs signed a lot of players, as I've said, some were indeed exceptional - overall record is very good. It is a longer list of ones that didn't work though than some remember. An argument can be made for all of them as to why they were brought in but then again every signing is pretty much the same in that respect.

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Hard to tell really when his teams haven't played in the top league or weren't with us long enough.

McGinn and McGregor are particular highlights, probably Bartley as well. Gray and Stokes for their cup exploits.

Mowbray and McLeish would be in with a shout of having records equally as good if not better. Let's see what Lennon does this year - he's had success with Ambrose and Commons who played key roles for us. I'm sure Swanson will turn out to be excellent. Holt needs to be credited if we are counting some of the players on Stubbs' list that were good.

Stubbs signed a lot of players, as I've said, some were indeed exceptional - overall record is very good. It is a longer list of ones that didn't work though than some remember. An argument can be made for all of them as to why they were brought in but then again every signing is pretty much the same in that respect.

Andy we only have a limited amount of time to spend on this planet and you are currently using yours to talk down the signing ability of Alan Stubbs. Stop it!

Jonnyboy
19-06-2017, 03:03 PM

My post wasn't in reaction to the OP. It's those that followed with unfounded speculation that he was leaving because the board wouldn't back him. That led to a flurry of posts in agreement. There is no factual information to base that on but it's being spoken about as though it were fact.

ian cruise
19-06-2017, 03:05 PM
I think the fact we have been able to sign efe Ambrose on a permanent two year deal and we are looking at players like whittaker, stokes, commons, Boyce, Stewart and moult shows we aren't skimping on the budget.

If he does walk away I would absolutely welcome Stubbs back, he didn't win us the championship but his record against premiership teams and in cup competitions in general with us was great

I'm don't disagree with what you're saying, however I'd be fairly upset if his reason for leaving was JC and SJM being sold. I think the majority of the support accepted they would be gone at some point in the near future at least a season ago. Due to the good management of the club when they do we're getting the best return possible to continue bringing more quality in to the club.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Andy we only have a limited amount of time to spend on this planet and you are currently using yours to talk down the signing ability of Alan Stubbs. Stop it!

Perhaps you shouldn't post your views if you don't welcome alternatives.

Golden Bear
19-06-2017, 03:07 PM
My post wasn't in reaction to the OP. It's those that followed with unfounded speculation that he was leaving because the board wouldn't back him. That led to a flurry of posts in agreement. There is no factual information to base that on but it's being spoken about as though it were fact.

:top marks

pacoluna
19-06-2017, 04:26 PM
People still talking about stubbs I see.

guthrie01
19-06-2017, 04:29 PM

The man won us the Scottish Cup after 114 years of attempts, I'll be talking about him till the day I die

we are hibs
19-06-2017, 04:31 PM

you have a rather bizarre hatred of the man who won us the cup. every time he is mentioned you are negative about him.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 04:40 PM
People still talking about stubbs I see.Rightfully so, a Hibernian legend.

banarc7062
19-06-2017, 04:41 PM
If any truth in story what a kick in the teeth for the fans who have coughed up season ticket funds.:confused:

WhileTheChief..
19-06-2017, 04:42 PM
If Naithsmith reolaces Lennon I want a refund on my ST.

If Locke gets a job I want ****** compensation. Shed loads of it.

Lmc2105
19-06-2017, 04:43 PM
If any truth in story what a kick in the teeth for the fans who have coughed up season ticket funds.:confused:

I wouldn't like to think so, massive feel good factor at the club. Could you imagine the uproar is Lennon left and we just sold Jason?! Unless Lennon isn't being backed in the market why else would he resign?

Real Emerald
19-06-2017, 04:46 PM

My thoughts too, although my ST is a given it would still be a real worry about our summer signings and where we go from here. Hope it's not true but there are rumours going about from various sources that worry me. Maybe time for the club to say something!

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 04:46 PM

I doubt few if any bought their season ticket on the basis Lennon was our manager.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 04:47 PM
My thoughts too, although my ST is a given it would still be a real worry about our summer signings and where we go from here. Hope it's not true but there are rumours going about from various sources that worry me. Maybe time for the club to say something!

Or maybe there is nothing to say? The OP did say the rumour could be rubbish.

Real Emerald
19-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Or maybe there is nothing to say? The OP did say the rumour could be rubbish.

Maybe, certainly hope so.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 04:49 PM
you have a rather bizarre hatred of the man who won us the cup. every time he is mentioned you are negative about him.

I'm not the only one who noticed that then: wink:

sambajustice
19-06-2017, 04:59 PM
I had a hunch at the end of the season he'd leave. Can't quite remember why I thought that but something was said or something happened that made me think it would be possible.

RoscoHibby
19-06-2017, 04:59 PM
This thread has got the Gary Locke markings all over it...

Speedway
19-06-2017, 05:00 PM
NEIL LENNON RUMOURS:

Today Fans News has received multiple messages regarding rumours of Neil Lennon leaving Hibs.

A source close to Neil has confirmed to us that after a brief conversation with Neil while on his holidays in Portugal this is pure fabrication. Normally rumours like this are shrugged off but with the return to the premier league only weeks away we've been asked to deny the rumours.

All these negative rumours do nothing but hurt the amazing feel good factor of the club at the moment. We've never had this feeling in a long long time and for someone to try tear away that good feeling is ridiculous and simply malicious.

Now more than ever is the time to get behind Neil and the club 100%!!

We understand people are disappointed and anxious about the sale of Jason Cummings but have a little faith in Lennon and the board.

We honestly thought we had past all this. 😕

Baw187
19-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Similar response from Kenny Miller. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/84619cc964d057bf49882754f1d0ef2b.png

Golden Bear
19-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Its way past 5pm so I think we can relax now.

:wink:

madhatter
19-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Close the thread?

BT58
19-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Im sure NL had said that he had got HFC.He wants us to ge fighting for 2nd ( id prefer 1st). But hes the REALIST. lets just wait and see when training starts soon

Jim44
19-06-2017, 05:17 PM
These silly rumours probably eminate from Jambos or even Hibby mischief makers but they are also fuelled by unwittingly giving this tittle tattle houseroom.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 05:22 PM
These silly rumours probably eminate from Jambos or even Hibby mischief makers but they are also fuelled by unwittingly giving this tittle tattle houseroom.

Everything will become clearer to you if you read the original post Jim :wink:

Jim44
19-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Everything will become clearer to you if you read the original post Jim :wink:

I'm perfectly aware of the original post. I'm not suggesting that he started the rumour but my last comment still stands as far as I'm concerned.

worcesterhibby
19-06-2017, 05:39 PM
NEIL LENNON RUMOURS:

Today Fans News has received multiple messages regarding rumours of Neil Lennon leaving Hibs.

A source close to Neil has confirmed to us that after a brief conversation with Neil while on his holidays in Portugal this is pure fabrication. Normally rumours like this are shrugged off but with the return to the premier league only weeks away we've been asked to deny the rumours.

All these negative rumours do nothing but hurt the amazing feel good factor of the club at the moment. We've never had this feeling in a long long time and for someone to try tear away that good feeling is ridiculous and simply malicious.

We understand people are disappointed and anxious about the sale of Jason Cummings but have a little faith in Lennon and the board.

well done for killing this nonsense off !

LeithMike
19-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Delighted this isn't true. While Stubbs is a legend for winning the cup, Lennon has moved the club on and is clearly stretching our ambition. Hopefully, the board can start to get a few more of his signing targets over the line and the new season will start to take shape.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ekhibee
19-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Stubbs had a cracking record in the transfer market.

Yes, he made a few poor acquisitions but his good signings were so good, it made me wonder what the hell we we were playing at for 10 years before that.

He had the best transfer market record of any Hibs manager imo.
McLeish signed better players than anything we've got just now but in recent years Stubbs has made the best signings in my opinion.

Zorro
19-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Just catching up...this thread is proper bonkers....!

DublinHibs44
19-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Good to hear Lennon is going nowhere. Think some need to ft over Stubbs, the man failed in the basic task of getting us up and had us too soft. Lennon has made us incredibly hard to beat, can't wait for next season with him in charge.

Keyser Sauzee
19-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Close the thread?

Why?

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 06:05 PM

Aye, so you did.

:rolleyes:

Diclonius
19-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Close the thread?

:agree:

poolman
19-06-2017, 06:11 PM

So what is it then ?

He wants Boyce

He's going

Make your mind up

Posting crap doesn't do any good

madhatter
19-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Why?

Because it is speculating on the decline of some aspect of the club. If we lost Lennon now it would be one of the worst times as the players are just about due back.

Can we not leave this stuff on other forums for supporters of other clubs?

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Lennons going no where. So relax folks!

bingo70
19-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I've no idea why anyone bothers to post rumours they hear any more considering the **** they get if it turns out not to be true.

It's a message board designed for this sort of chat, anyone who thinks this could in some sort of way destabilise the club are off their heid.

Thanks to the op for passing on what he heard, even if it appears not to be true.

WhileTheChief..
19-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Because of this ridiculous rumour a journalist contacted our manager when he's on holiday.

That in itself is bang out of order.

To come on here simply saying " I heard....." without anything to back it up is utter BS.

It probably meant some of the players discussing it between themselves as well and it certainly got fans arguing about the board being tight etc.

There is absolutely nothing good to come from these kind of rumours.

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 06:33 PM
I've no idea why anyone bothers to post rumours they hear any more considering the **** they get if it turns out not to be true.

It's a message board designed for this sort of chat, anyone who thinks this could in some sort of way destabilise the club are off their heid.

Thanks to the op for passing on what he heard, even if it appears not to be true.

Well said.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 06:34 PM

100‰

we are hibs
19-06-2017, 06:37 PM
NEIL LENNON RUMOURS:

"a source close to neil"

pretending to be ITK :hilarious

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Because of this ridiculous rumour a journalist contacted our manager when he's on holiday.

That in itself is bang out of order.

To come on here simply saying " I heard....." without anything to back it up is utter BS.

It probably meant some of the players discussing it between themselves as well and it certainly got fans arguing about the board being tight etc.

There is absolutely nothing good to come from these kind of rumours.
I agree, what I often wonder is where does "rumour" end and absolute made up s***e begin?

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2017, 07:00 PM
I agree, what I often wonder is where does "rumour" end and absolute made up s***e begin?
Fleetwood Mac did not make an album called Absolute Made Up *****.

Actually, that would have been a better name for it IMO......[emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 07:00 PM
"a source close to neil"

pretending to be ITK :hilarious

Yup, people are taking that as gospel when the chances of it being pish are about as likely as the OP of this thread.

bingo70
19-06-2017, 07:02 PM

Think the credibility is dependant on the op.

In this case the op broke the news about Cummings to Nottingham forest before any media outlet and god forbid even before Kenny Miller. He also qualified his post by saying it might be a lot of ***** (if not in the original post but certainly in messages after it).

I personally think it's clear the thread was started in good faith, if people want to take the rumour too seriously then that's up to them, everyone else can take it for what it is, a rumour posted on the Internet that may or may not be true.

neil7908
19-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Fake news

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Fleetwood Mac did not make an album called Absolute Made Up *****.

Actually, that would have been a better name for it IMO......[emoji48]

I should have known better than discuss second hand news. I knew someone would take me to tusk for it......

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 07:11 PM
I should have known better than discuss second hand news. I knew someone would take me to tusk for it......

You should be in chain(s) for that.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2017, 07:12 PM
You should go your own way.

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 07:13 PM

That's what my wife tells me too......

Waxy
19-06-2017, 07:14 PM
If anything it shows that a big percentage of hibees have really taken to Neil Lennon.

weecounty hibby
19-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Somebody's gonna get their head kicked in tonight!! (When FM were a more than decent blues/rock outfit)

Bostonhibby
That's what my wife tells me too......
Let's call it another rainy day then [emoji6]

Bostonhibby
Somebody's gonna get their head kicked in tonight!! (When FM were a more than decent blues/rock outfit)
Second hand news mate [emoji1]

Hibernia&Alba
19-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I really hope there's no truth in the rumour. I don't think there is, but anything can happen.

itslegaltender
19-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Sounds a lot of pish. On another note, Gary Locke actually played for Hibs at youth level in the Whitley Bay tournament. so wouldn't be first time he was in Hibee gear!

Deansy
19-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Sort of knew the story was false as soon as the first posts of 'He'll be leaving because he's not getting any of the fee received for JC' appeared - that was the Hibs/Petrie of old while the stadium was being re-built and paid for. Now it's all done I fully believe that RP's pledge - 'Once the redevelopement of this stadium is complete, then all available monies will be invested into the first-team squad to ensure we have a team that matches the stadium' will be fulfilled !

After all, what else are Hibs going to do with all the money that's pouring into ER just now - record ST sales, huge attendance increases, NO MAJOR DEBT etc - bank it and save it for 'a rainy day' ?. No, we're at the start of a new era for Hibs - a positive, vibrant squad with the promise of even more talent arriving AND we've got Leeann leading the way !!. We're not some p*ss-poor, shoddily-run, amateur wee outfit, scrimping and scraping to build a 3rd-rate stadium - constantly emptying our fans pockets because our access to 'Other People's Money' is no more and charities won't leave their collection-boxes overnight with us any more !. Personally, I've never been so excited about a new season than this one - I think we're going to be in for some fantastic times !

Scorrie
19-06-2017, 07:35 PM

Great stuff. Nonsense rumour anyway.

Beefster
19-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Given the amount of folk on here who will believe any old pish from any Tom, Dick or Harry, I've got a bridge to sell if anyone is interested. Good price.

pacoluna
19-06-2017, 07:38 PM

No hatred, just bored of his name being mentioned as a possible replacement for lennon when he is going absolutely no where. He's written his name in history however we move on.

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Wish I'd never mentioned them. It'll be an albatross around my neck now.

Eyrie
19-06-2017, 07:49 PM

It's not that funny when you come on .net and read little lies everywhere.

crewetollhibee

T(u)sk, tsk

Saturday Boy

Oh well 😉

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 07:50 PM
So many puns here I will have them in my Dreams.......

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Right or wrong with this or any story, for me just keeping them coming occasionally right a lot more wrong but always a debate.

Keep them coming.

Chip shop Joe
19-06-2017, 07:55 PM
This is all over my head but someone is singing like a songbird and I don't want to know until it is FACT!

makaveli1875
19-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I dont think Lennon will be leaving any time soon . Most of our decent managers here have been lured away by the ugly sisters or england . Lennons gone the other way coming to us from 1 of the uglies and down south . He seems to like being part of the hibernian family and gets what were all about.

weonlywon6-2
19-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Lennon gets a lot of support from the club so would be surprised if this were true

Big L
19-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Lennon's ambitious and theirs nothing wrong wi that, if he's going to get Hibs to 2nd place we need to spend the JC cash. I trust Lennon to fight his corner, RP won't get away wi his usual ****!

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Lennon's ambitious and theirs nothing wrong wi that, if he's going to get Hibs to 2nd place we need to spend the JC cash. I trust Lennon to fight his corner, RP won't get away wi his usual ****!

#facepalm

Lago
19-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Even if its a load of nonsense it livened up another wise boring day.

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 09:41 PM
I can imagine Lennon walking into the next press conference like this....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/f69d4cf48678848766d86bbfcb4dbbf0.jpg

Hibeewilly
19-06-2017, 09:52 PM
So what is it then ?

He wants Boyce

He's going

Make your mind up

Posting crap doesn't do any good
Hopefully he gets the Cummings money to strengthen the squad and gets Boyce too!! Nobody wants him to leave - we all hope its bull****!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-06-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm a man of the world so I tend not to buy into these rumours anyway ...... I'm quite surprised that so many folk seem to start discussing NL's departure as soon as a thread like this appears.

If we are gonna' start talking about replacements I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Tommy Wright, he has done a fantastic job at St Johnstone without a pot to piss in ...... as it is I don't believe for a second that Lennon is going anywhere.

hibsitis
19-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Close the thread?

Can we not just rename it 'Jambos fantasy corner' and leave it at that?

Hi Heid Yin
19-06-2017, 10:02 PM
So, may I now conclude that talk of Lennon leaving is p.sh and this thread will soon be closed by admin?

Big_Franck
19-06-2017, 10:08 PM
I can imagine Lennon walking into the next press conference like this....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/f69d4cf48678848766d86bbfcb4dbbf0.jpg

:greengrin

hibees 7062
19-06-2017, 10:11 PM

That'll do for me :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Lennon's ambitious and theirs nothing wrong wi that, if he's going to get Hibs to 2nd place we need to spend the JC cash. I trust Lennon to fight his corner, RP won't get away wi his usual ****!Aye, Rodders wont get away with investing in the future of the club by clearing debt and building a stadium. Evil ******* that he is.

dunedinhibs
20-06-2017, 01:19 AM
Well said.