PDA

View Full Version : Maybe should challenge Aberdeen for May

Jag7
19-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Aberdeen are set to offer £250k to Preston North End for striker Stevie May. The ex-St Johnstone hitman has found life difficult south of the border, struggling for playing time at Sheffield Wednesday before suffering a massive knee injury following his move to Preston. (Scottish Sun)

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-aberdeen-want-stevie-may-up-to-14-could-leave-rangers-scouts-watch-kieran-tierney-1-4479452

Elephant Stone
19-06-2017, 10:54 AM
He would probably be as good a signing as Rooney has been for them. Definitely a player we should be looking at if he's going to be available.

iwasthere1972
19-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Good idea provided he has the number 21 shirt. :wink:

Ram yir 1902.

Waxy
19-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Ram yir 1902.We couldn't not.

Michael
19-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Was brilliant for St. Johnstone. Massive risk for us or Aberdeen with his injuries though.

Albanian Hibs
19-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Ram yir 1902.

Make this happen 😀

neil7908
19-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Was brilliant for St. Johnstone. Massive risk for us or Aberdeen with his injuries though.

If his wage demands are within our budget I think he's definitely worth the risk at £250k. Would still give us money left over from the Cummings transfer.

Is It On....
19-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I would have thought that wages would probably rule us (and most of the clubs in Scotland) out if any proposed deal..

The Leith Dutch
19-06-2017, 09:22 PM

Am I just a complete neg-ferret or are other folk thinking that if Aberdeen sign him he'll stick away 20+ for the season while if we sign him he'll be fighting McGeough for a shot of the treatment table?

brianmc
19-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Am I just a complete neg-ferret or are other folk thinking that if Aberdeen sign him he'll stick away 20+ for the season while if we sign him he'll be fighting McGeough for a shot of the treatment table?

Nope, it's not just you!

CMurdoch
19-06-2017, 09:57 PM

That is were I'm at on this.
Better going for Boyce.

The Leith Dutch
19-06-2017, 10:45 PM
That is were I'm at on this.
Better going for Boyce.

Not arguing on your assesment of the players but landing Boyce would be a hell of a big ask - top scorer in the SPL last season, full international cap this year and English Championship club apparently in for him.
From the looks of things May is coming back to Scotland and not to Celtic so puts us right in the mix if we're interested (or at least I assume it would).

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Still a gamble. Teresa May has had higher visibility lately.

SirDavidsNapper
19-06-2017, 11:16 PM
I'd be really dissapointed if players like May were to go to Aberdeen without Hibs showing an interest. On his St Johnstone form he would be a tremendous signing.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:19 PM
I would be disappointed only if NL tried to sign him and he choose another club, if he didn't try to sign him then NL doesn't want the player and thats good enough for me.

GloryGlory
20-06-2017, 06:30 AM
Still a gamble. Teresa May has had higher visibility lately.

Yes, but she's going to be available on a free quite soon! :greengrin

kennyh
20-06-2017, 07:30 AM
I saw a lot of the lad when he was on load at Accies a few years back and he was head and shoulders above everyone else at the club at the time and I thought he would go on to bigger and better things after he returned to Saints.

Injury put paid to his opportunity down South. In my opinion if he is over his injury he would be a great addition to our team

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2017, 08:18 AM

Hasnt he just had 1 bad injury? That isnt a massive risk at all

bigwheel
20-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Hasnt he just had 1 bad injury? That isnt a massive risk at all

he had a quite uniquely bad knee injury - all three of his knee ligaments were torn - it's usually a 9-12 month recovery if one of them are done...12 months ago, he was told he may never play again. It seems he is now fully fit...it's got to have had some impact though - can't imagine him having the same turn of speed for example.

Hope for his sake he gets going again though - was a super player a couple of years ago..

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Yes, but she's going to be available on a free quite soon! :greengrin

Heard May was hoping to get a decent deal in Europe but the continentals just had a big laugh.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Not saying that May wouldn't be a good signing but I would rather see us get a player like Boyce. Ready to go into the first team from day one with no questions over fitness or injuries. Don't want our strikers to be gambles.

makaveli1875
20-06-2017, 11:36 AM
he had a quite uniquely bad knee injury - all three of his knee ligaments were torn - it's usually a 9-12 month recovery if one of them are done...12 months ago, he was told he may never play again. It seems he is now fully fit...it's got to have had some impact though - can't imagine him having the same turn of speed for example.

Hope for his sake he gets going again though - was a super player a couple of years ago..

a mate of mines did exactly the same thing , he can run probably as fast as he used to but he cant put the brakes on and stop . changing direction is a problem for him too and he cant fully bend that knee anymore either ..

CMurdoch
20-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Posts 19 and 22 above tell you all you need to know.
We are already having to injury manage McGeough.
We shouldn't risk another.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2017, 05:53 AM

a mate of mines did exactly the same thing , he can run probably as fast as he used to but he cant put the brakes on and stop . changing direction is a problem for him too and he cant fully bend that knee anymore either ..

Of course i don't know the details of this injury, but i'd imagine if we were to try and sign him, he'd have to go through a very rigorous fitness test, probably much more rigorous than someone who'd not had such a serious injury?

He was a very good player, now i'm not so sure?

JBradderz
21-06-2017, 08:38 AM
As a main north ender I can tell you I as would many other PNE fans be gutted if he left! He's played a grand total of about 90 minutes in 2 seasons due to his injury and as bad as it was he doesn't seem to be affected too much. His first start he scored and scored 13 goals in 5 Games (behind closed door friendlies) towards the end of the season so he knows where goal is.

He scored plenty of goals in a poor sheff wed side then suffered that poor injury a few years back but in my opinion he'd certainly still bag 10+ goals in the English championship. If he was to leave however which is still being reported at my end on the North end forum. Then hibs have to take the plunge! He'd be an exceptional accusation for us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willis1875
21-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Hinting on a move to Aberdeen on his twitter page