PDA

View Full Version : Gary Locke To Join Hibs?

Thecat23
18-06-2017, 09:48 PM
I've posted this in the PB but thought I'd throw this in here too.

Now as wind ups go I'd say this would be right up there with the best of them. But Gary Naismith is telling folk Hibs have offered him a role on the coaching staff for the younger lads.

I'm hoping and praying this is utter pish (pardon the pun) because surely to god both Hibs and Locke won't want to work together? I've posted it in here for obvious reasons.

Please someone tell me Naismith is at the wind up!

.Sean.
18-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Can't see it. He hates us as much as we hate him.

Thecat23
18-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Can't see it. He hates us as much as we hate him.

This was my exact reply. Surely has to be a wind up?

Michael
18-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Not bothered as long as he's a decent enough coach.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Some sort of sparring type role ?

Golden Bear
18-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Be prepared for a flood of let's say "unfavourable comments!" but if those in the know reckon his appointment will improve things at ER then that will do me fine.

.Sean.
18-06-2017, 09:57 PM
This was my exact reply. Surely has to be a wind up?
Unless he's bitter at getting emptied at Hearts and sees it as two fingers to them.

I hope it's nonsense, I dinny want his ugly pus anywhere near Hibs because he's as Hearts as me and you are Hibs. Please to God let it be a wind-up.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Would be Excellent appointment a weekly scapegoat in the making to deflect the crap from others ;)

jacomo
18-06-2017, 10:05 PM
I felt the same about Billy Brown but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Probably shouldn't have.

But maybe GL has now turned and wants vengeance on the Jambos?

we are hibs
he recently signed a new contract at cowdenbeath so I'm calling pish on this one.

Captain Trips
I have heard this as well infact I believe he has already been given his own parking space at stadium :

https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/25__05_05_48/Hotdog-Stand-01.jpg98249d6a-5059-420d-9762-411e0a589528Larger.jpg

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-06-2017, 10:06 PM
....... right off!

We don't need that fuds poison round here.

brianmc
18-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Aww naw.... I hope Wellbankhibby disnae see this thread!

Greencore
18-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Why not being back Terry Butcher while we are at it. They can mop the floors.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2017, 10:24 PM
I don't know Gary Locke in any personal capacity but from what I've read about him and heard from him through the press, I can't imagine there would ever be any set of circumstances which would persuade him to become a Hibs employee.

tamig
18-06-2017, 10:28 PM

Probably shouldn't have.

Billy Brown was his number 2 at Cowdenbeath too so a chance Locke could sneak him in via the bushes at East Mains again.

heretoday
18-06-2017, 10:34 PM
He's just coming in part-time to fix the showers.

Is It On....
18-06-2017, 10:36 PM
He's just coming in part-time to fix the showers.

And Ian Black is doing the tiling..

Col2
18-06-2017, 10:41 PM
....... right off!

We don't need that fuds poison round here.

To be fair he is actually a decent bloke. Down to earth, hard working and while he is clearly a Jambo through and through it wouldn't bother me one bit if he joined our coaching team. His dislike towards Levein and Budge would almost be worth it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-06-2017, 10:53 PM
To be fair he is actually a decent bloke. Down to earth, hard working and while he is clearly a Jambo through and through it wouldn't bother me one bit if he joined our coaching team. His dislike towards Levein and Budge would almost be worth it.

Just think it would stir up a bit of a circus. We seem to have a feel good factor throughout the squad and backroom
staff and it would be a shame to upset it.

monktonharp
18-06-2017, 10:58 PM

Now as wind ups go I'd say this would be right up there with the best of them. But Gary Naismith is telling folk Hibs have offered him a role on the coaching staff for the younger lads.

I'm hoping and praying this is utter pish (pardon the pun) because surely to god both Hibs and Locke won't want to work together? I've posted it in here for obvious reasons.

Please someone tell me Naismith is at the wind up!I have yet to renew my season ticket and intend to do so this week. firstly, I can definitely say that if this indeed is to happen, I will not renew. this person you mention, is indeed the anti-Christ of Hibernians and I will for one , would be disgusted , nay, flabbergasted or even gutted, perplexed, confused ,amazed, and a whole lot of other words in that area as well as feeling dirty if Hibernian football club even considered employing this TIT. I will wait with baited breath .

heretoday
18-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Just think it would stir up a bit of a circus. We seem to have a feel good factor throughout the squad and backroom
staff and it would be a shame to upset it.

Decent bloke or not, there must be other coaches out there.

monktonharp
18-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Not bothered as long as he's a decent enough coach.he's a cock

monktonharp
18-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Be prepared for a flood of let's say "unfavourable comments!" but if those in the know reckon his appointment will improve things at ER then that will do me fine. have delivered furniture to his garage, and the huge backdrop to that is robbo scoring against us on occasion. that does it for me!

CyberSauzee
18-06-2017, 11:04 PM
At the moment at ER times are golden; showering us with this pish is unacceptable.

McIntosh
18-06-2017, 11:08 PM
he's a cock Never a more accurate description stated!!! :top marks

monktonharp
18-06-2017, 11:09 PM
To be fair he is actually a decent bloke. Down to earth, hard working and while he is clearly a Jambo through and through it wouldn't bother me one bit if he joined our coaching team. His dislike towards Levein and Budge would almost be worth it.to be even fairer, your opinion of this fud means nothing to me . in fact I think you are well off the mark. I think he is a total fud, and would not want him a hundred miles near the club I love .maybe its only me, but there ye go.

stoneyburn hibs
18-06-2017, 11:39 PM
to be even fairer, your opinion of this fud means nothing to me . in fact I think you are well off the mark. I think he is a total fud, and would not want him a hundred miles near the club I love .maybe its only me, but there ye go.

You'd be an even bigger fud if you didn't renew, imo.

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2017, 01:02 AM
my initial thought is of utter repulsion, jumbo jeffries love child can gtf :agree: then again.....the thought of a rabid jamboid taking the hibernian shilling would upset our pink chums :hmmm:

some more thinking needed

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 05:05 AM
If he comes as youth coach and produces a talented bunch of youngsters, will they be called the Golden Shower Generation?

hibsbollah
19-06-2017, 05:14 AM
If he comes as youth coach and produces a talented bunch of youngsters, will they be called the Golden Shower Generation?

Wee should really ureign all this nonsense in. If Leanne decides to give him a tinkle he could make a splash for this great club and be showered with plaudits.

connerg
19-06-2017, 05:22 AM

Please someone tell me Naismith is at the wind up!

I used to think you were a sensible person, always enjoyed your wee bit of ITK stuff.

Now, you are behaving like a yam with a smaller stadium than Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 05:27 AM
Wee should really ureign all this nonsense in. If Leanne decides to give him a tinkle he could make a splash for this great club and be showered with plaudits.

If you believe that it's much more relevant to consider what somebody can actually contribute to Hibs right now, rather than obsess about their past, urine bloody good company.,

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2017, 05:55 AM
Have we not learnt our lesson after that prick Brown?

Rather have no coach than this.

hibsbollah
19-06-2017, 06:06 AM

Id rather have him inside the tent than out of it.

Thecat23
19-06-2017, 06:12 AM
I used to think you were a sensible person, always enjoyed your wee bit of ITK stuff.

Now, you are behaving like a yam with a smaller stadium than Hibs.

Trust me I'd never go on the wind up that's for sure. I'm with you I really can't believe it. I'm passing on what Gary Naismith is telling folk yesterday. I just can't get my head round it.

hibsbollah
19-06-2017, 06:17 AM
Trust me I'd never go on the wind up that's for sure. I'm with you I really can't believe it. I'm passing on what Gary Naismith is telling folk yesterday. I just can't get my head round it.

I hope Naismith is just pishing in the wind and theres no substance to it.

connerg
19-06-2017, 06:20 AM

OK, i've read a lot of your posts to know you're not at it, some of my posts can be a wee bit odd too. lol.

Maybe Gary Naismith is at the wind up?

southern hibby
19-06-2017, 06:53 AM
he's a cock

You just had to use that description didn't you?? Every time I now look at mine I'm going to imagine GL staring back at me and that ain't a pleasant thought.

GGTTH

Jim44
19-06-2017, 07:14 AM
If there's any semblance of truth about this, it's ridiculous that he should get the chance to use us as a vehicle to give two fingers to the muppets running the club he supports.

tamig
19-06-2017, 07:16 AM
I have yet to renew my season ticket and intend to do so this week. firstly, I can definitely say that if this indeed is to happen, I will not renew. this person you mention, is indeed the anti-Christ of Hibernians and I will for one , would be disgusted , nay, flabbergasted or even gutted, perplexed, confused ,amazed, and a whole lot of other words in that area as well as feeling dirty if Hibernian football club even considered employing this TIT. I will wait with baited breath .
He's an erse for sure but you not think your post is just a wee bit melodramatic?

Green Blood
19-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Ian Catheter been quoted saying its a load of pish!

AndyM_1875
19-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Gary Locke is the manager of Cowdenbeath FC.
There is a huge amount of work going on at that club right now to ensure they don't end up in the mess they were in last season so you can dismiss this rumour as silly season talk.

HibbyAndy
19-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Its naysmith ;-)

Danderhall Hibs
19-06-2017, 09:55 AM
The unpaid analyst role maybe?

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Heard hes coming with ian black to do some painting

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 10:00 AM

I actually spoke to brown when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to be here.... said that though was a long time hearts man, hibs were a great club and it was an honour to be a part of it

Green Blood
19-06-2017, 10:02 AM
The unpaid analyst role maybe?

Not his bag of tricks! He's good with younger players, like those that are wet behind the ears!

E10 Rifle
19-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I have yet to renew my season ticket and intend to do so this week. firstly, I can definitely say that if this indeed is to happen, I will not renew. this person you mention, is indeed the anti-Christ of Hibernians and I will for one , would be disgusted , nay, flabbergasted or even gutted, perplexed, confused ,amazed, and a whole lot of other words in that area as well as feeling dirty if Hibernian football club even considered employing this TIT. I will wait with baited breath .

I find it quite sad that someone being brought in to help our youngsters develop would stop you supporting Hibs.

LaMotta
19-06-2017, 11:45 AM

OK, i've read a lot of your posts to know you're not at it, some of my posts can be a wee bit odd too. lol.

Maybe Gary Naismith is at the wind up?

Gary Locke is the manager of Cowdenbeath FC.
There is a huge amount of work going on at that club right now to ensure they don't end up in the mess they were in last season so you can dismiss this rumour as silly season talk.

There has 100% been discussions around this possibility with someone from Hibs and Gary Locke. Source - Gary Locke, yesterday. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:50 AM
I find it quite sad that someone being brought in to help our youngsters develop would stop you supporting Hibs.

A great person to show the youngsters how it can all go wrong if you sign for Hearts.

offshorehibby
19-06-2017, 12:22 PM
So, if Cock were to come in to manage the 20's what's happening tp Murray & Makel who overall had a good season from what i can see. This is bollocks.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:25 PM
I actually spoke to brown when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to be here.... said that though was a long time hearts man, hibs were a great club and it was an honour to be a part of it

Didnae want that trumpet at Hibs at all, and you can multiply that feeling by 50 for Gary Locke. Get him tae ****.

StevieCowan
19-06-2017, 12:27 PM
I usually can see the good in most of the things Hibs but I'm struggling in this instance. The thought of Locke being associated with Hibs just makes no sense.

Can you imagine Ian Murray at Hearts, Gary Neville at Liverpool, Ian Durrant at Celtic?

Football is about tribalism and getting one over your rivals, this is feel-good suicide at Hibs.

(If true)

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 12:30 PM
I actually spoke to brown when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to be here.... said that though was a long time hearts man, hibs were a great club and it was an honour to be a part of itThis whole forum liked him being here, I remember folk listening to his interviews saying they could listen to him talk football for hours. Obviously everything changed after the split loyalties stuff.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:32 PM
This whole forum liked him being here, I remember folk listening to his interviews saying they could listen to him talk football for hours. Obviously everything changed after the split loyalties stuff.

You on the wind up?

bawheid
19-06-2017, 12:39 PM
This whole forum liked him being here, I remember folk listening to his interviews saying they could listen to him talk football for hours. Obviously everything changed after the split loyalties stuff.

Haha.... what??!!

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 12:49 PM
You on the wind up?No, there was very few complaints on here at the time.

Haha.... what??!!Quite serious, everyone thought it made sense and tbh, it probably did.

easty
19-06-2017, 12:51 PM
No, there was very few complaints on here at the time.

Quite serious, everyone thought it made sense and tbh, it probably did.

Then I must just be remembering it through my own opinion of his appointment, cos I did not want him at Hibs.

kaimendhibs
19-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Gary Locke. Noooooooooo. Hates Hibs. Right up there with appointing Billy Brown

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bill_reed
19-06-2017, 01:52 PM
maybe we are going to enter a colts team into the league like the said Rangers and Celtic were doing.... so that maybe why Gary Locke moving to hibs....

tamig
19-06-2017, 01:54 PM
So, if Cock were to come in to manage the 20's what's happening tp Murray & Makel who overall had a good season from what i can see. This is bollocks.

Who said he was going to take the 20s?

Since90+2
19-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Gary Locke should never ever be employed by Hibs in any capacity.

He hates us yet it seems we have offered him a paid coaching role? Leaving aside the fact he hates the club he has also pretty much failed in every management role he has had.

Baffling decision if true.

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Gary Locke should never ever be employed by Hibs in any capacity.

He hates us yet it seems we have offered him a paid coaching role? Leaving aside the fact he hates the club he has also pretty much failed in every management role he has had.

Baffling decision if true.
Just wondering how you know he hates Hibs?

.Sean.
19-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Just wondering how you know he hates Hibs?
Is that a serious question?

He's a Hearts **** and I wouldny pish on him if he was on fire. Pun intended.

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Is that a serious question?

He's a Hearts **** and I wouldny pish on him if he was on fire. Pun intended.
That's not really an answer though is it? I would be astonished if he ended up with us but it's perfectly valid to ask why he hates us? Hates? Pretty strong term that and lots of players/coaches cross divides.......

Since90+2
19-06-2017, 02:11 PM
That's not really an answer though is it? I would be astonished if he ended up with us but it's perfectly valid to ask why he hates us? Hates? Pretty strong term that and lots of players/coaches cross divides.......

Hate in a sporting sense. He is a dyed in the wool lifelong Jambo so he probably isn't too keen on us.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Id rather have him inside the tent than out of it.

:thumbsup:

:top marks

inglisavhibs
19-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Don't suppose you will listen but Gary Locke is a really good guy (anything but a Tit as you put it )
and would work extremely hard if given a role with our youth set up. Too much emphasis on past clubs doesn 't help anybody and given we have just lost a great talent who was brought up a Hearts man should tell you everything. Locke wouldn't be working with the first team anyway and it sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to buy a season for the the team you claim to support.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Of course he would be proud to be part of the best club he will ever get a contract with, yet when we played them in the final, he couldn't come out and say who he wanted to win.

He would be the last person along with cocke who should ever be employed by our club, there are just some people who just cant be at Hibs, and there's two along with the likes of Levein and satchel.

It would make me physically sick to see them wear our gear.

Since90+2
19-06-2017, 02:14 PM

I woudnt say hate is a strong term in a sporting sense. Never sung "we hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee"?

HoboHarry
19-06-2017, 02:19 PM
I woudnt say hate is a strong term in a sporting sense. Never sung "we hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee"?
Fair to say singing those lines is rather different to turning down a coaching position at a club (hopefully) playing at the top of the SPL as opposed to managing a part time club who finished bottom of all the senior leagues. Wouldn't you say that would be a lacking in ambition decision (salary too most likely) if based solely on the team you played for being from across the city?

Andy74
19-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Can't see it but wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

ian cruise
19-06-2017, 03:02 PM
So some folk won't go see Hibs if they employ Gary Locke because he hates Hibs. Surely if he hated Hibs that much he wouldn't entertain an offer of employment from us? I can't imagine he'd do anything but his best while in the role (should there be one) as football jobs are massively dependent on reputation. I can't think willfully harming the club you're employed by wouldn't do him any favours for future employment.

seanoheimhin
19-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Billy Brown should never have been let through the gates at East Mains. I never disliked Fenlon as much as some on here, but that was a honking decision. Same in this case, hope it doesn't happen.

That being said, this does provide an opportunity to rewatch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8

portyhibernian
19-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Not a guy I want to see employed by Hibs in any capacity. Hearts through and through and his record is dismal elsewhere. Would 'dampen' spirits if you ask me.

Andy74
19-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Was Jason Cummings not Hearts through and through? Pictured doing the 5-1 even?

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Billy Brown should never have been let through the gates at East Mains. I never disliked Fenlon as much as some on here, but that was a honking decision. Same in this case, hope it doesn't happen.

That being said, this does provide an opportunity to rewatch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8Brown was at Hibs before Fenlon, Fenlon didn't appoint him.

Stokesy's on fire
19-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Locke to hibs...next joke please

Topographic Hibby
19-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Isn't there an image of Locke's dad at tiny Tynie giving someone verbals on the touchline? Possibly Lennon? Or Griffiths?

chinaman
19-06-2017, 04:44 PM
It's all true. He'll be in charge of the showers.

green day
19-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Isn't there an image of Locke's dad at tiny Tynie giving someone verbals on the touchline? Possibly Lennon? Or Griffiths?

Think it was Lockes brother - who is a grade A fanny.

WhileTheChief..
19-06-2017, 05:00 PM
42 clubs in Scotland and he wants to come to us?

Why? To use us until he gets a better gig elsewhere?

If we can't find better than him for coaching our youth then it's time to scrap the youth system altogether.

Is it even conceivable that LD would allow Locke and Naismith anywhere near Easter Rd?

I can't think of a bigger mistake that she could make. This better all be BS.

Hiber-nation
19-06-2017, 05:07 PM
No, there was very few complaints on here at the time.

Correct, very few complained. We were in such a mess at the time that a lot of folk thought that he might just be what we needed. Obviously he wasn't....

BoomtownHibees
19-06-2017, 05:15 PM

He really isn't. Neither of his brothers are

Hibby70
19-06-2017, 05:36 PM
He really isn't. Neither of his brothers are

I beg to disagree. One of them certainly is.

In fact I can honestly say he's one of the biggest ***** I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

hibeerealist
19-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Don't suppose you will listen but Gary Locke is a really good guy (anything but a Tit as you put it )
and would work extremely hard if given a role with our youth set up. Too much emphasis on past clubs doesn 't help anybody and given we have just lost a great talent who was brought up a Hearts man should tell you everything. Locke wouldn't be working with the first team anyway and it sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to buy a season for the the team you claim to support.

Nice post.

I have no time for hertz or the knuckle dragging element of heir support but if Eddie May/HFC think he would be a good addition to our staff then fine by me!

J-C
19-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Was Jason Cummings not Hearts through and through? Pictured doing the 5-1 even?

Yes he was, so too was Whittaker but they came when they were young, Locke is in his 40's and too much water under the bridge for many on here to want him near the club. Is he a good coach? he seemed to bring through a good few Hearts youngsters when he was there, he's probably a better coach than manager.

Big L
19-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Was he not in charge of yam colts when Walker, Nicholson etc came thru. If he is coming, it can only be to work with the kids.

Crab apple
19-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I can't believe there aren't better coaches out there than Gary Locke. If this is Eddie May's choice then it raises questions about Eddie's judgement. I always thought Eddie was bit lightweight as a player and didn't develop like his contemporaries Kane and Collins but I still see him as one of us. I'll leave it to others to judge his effectiveness in developing our youngsters. He certainly should realise that Locke shouldn't be anywhere near our team. I've seen Locke at Tynecastle after derbies when I've been in hospitality. He hates us and there's was absolutely no humility from him. And remember this is a manager who was largely responsible for relegating one team and nearly relegating another in the same season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-06-2017, 09:13 PM

Was 100% his dad who was swearing at Griffiths.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-06-2017, 09:22 PM

You'd miss out on an entire season watching Hibs back in the premier league because of someone coaching laddies who would probably not even be seen on match day? Somewhat dramatic is it not?

Kato
19-06-2017, 09:23 PM
People laughed when Donald Park was appointed at Hibs. I suppose its case of pishing yourself if this happens. FWIW Parkie grew to love our club.

Arch Stanton
19-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Of course, all this exposes the big problem with fan ownership.

Who really wants to support a club run by hysterical nobodies who refer to football professionals as 'fuds'?

NOLA
19-06-2017, 11:31 PM
We already have Grant Murray, add Gary Locke and my head would be spinning [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
20-06-2017, 01:22 AM

Who really wants to support a club run by hysterical nobodies who refer to football professionals as 'fuds'?
Pretty much why clubs got away from being run by committees. Tommy Docherty once described a camel as a horse designed by committee......

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2017, 04:00 AM
We already have Grant Murray, add Gary Locke and my head would be spinning [emoji854]

Lee Makel.

Frankie says relax.

GreenLake
20-06-2017, 05:31 AM
This could be a lot of fun when he starts to comment on how wonderful it is to swap over to the big team, the honest club, the football team, the fair players, the larger stadium, or maybe just the stadium, the compliant pitch, the supporter owned club, the more intelligent and the elegant dressers.

monktonharp
21-06-2017, 01:51 AM
This could be a lot of fun when he starts to comment on how wonderful it is to swap over to the big team, the honest club, the football team, the fair players, the larger stadium, or maybe just the stadium, the compliant pitch, the supporter owned club, the more intelligent and the elegant dressers.he signed the dotted line yet? just wondering if I should open the safe later this morning.was planning to go to ER, but may have to see if he does get the job:rolleyes::cb

monktonharp
21-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Was 100% his dad who was swearing at Griffiths.you saying his dad is a 100% fanny then? or hedging yer bets?

monktonharp
21-06-2017, 02:20 AM

Who really wants to support a club run by hysterical nobodies who refer to football professionals as 'fuds'?Conversely, those hysterical nobodies are generally the lifeblood of the club who keep on going to support their chosen team/club throughout the bad years and good years always hoping for magical moments in their club's existence but somehow they keep going whatever the result(s).what can upset them though, is when their allegiance is brought into question, when their chosen club brings in outsiders who are known to be against their club's values and ethos.

Baw187
21-06-2017, 05:57 AM
As a couple of folks have said, he might be a dirty Hertz bass but he's actually quite a decent lad. When I was a young gadge at uni I worked at Chiquitos at the Fort and him and Lee Makle and their families used to come in and I served them a few time. Used to have a decent laugh with him. He was pretty down to earth. I've got Hertz mates who are bigger Jambo roasters than him. Doesn't mean they're bad people.

Not convinced he'd want to be employed by Hibs though!!!

eastcoasthibby
21-06-2017, 07:04 AM
There must be better out there with a better background than Locke ....are these types of jobs not about not just having really good coaching skills but also having the added bit of really wanting to a good job through an affinity you have with the club ? Where is he going to get that from ?
If this is,happening has Grant Murray been promoted to first team coach ? I believe he is, well rated coaching wise ...

Andy74
22-06-2017, 08:33 PM
There must be better out there with a better background than Locke ....are these types of jobs not about not just having really good coaching skills but also having the added bit of really wanting to a good job through an affinity you have with the club ? Where is he going to get that from ?
If this is,happening has Grant Murray been promoted to first team coach ? I believe he is, well rated coaching wise ...

And Grant Murray has an affinity with who?

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2017, 08:37 PM

Not having that at all. You could use the same affinity to a club argument for a player too, it just doesn't stack up and your own example of Grant Murray proves it!

Pete70
22-06-2017, 08:43 PM
At the end of the day, for Locke it's a job. If he comes in he'll no doubt put his past with Hertz aside and do his best for Hibs, which I'm sure he'll do.
Managers and coaches don't necessarily have to have an affinity or history with the club they're working for. If Lennon thinks he can come in and improve the young lads then that's good enough for me. Us, as fans, just have to give him a chance.

monktonharp
23-06-2017, 11:37 PM
At the end of the day, for Locke it's a job. If he comes in he'll no doubt put his past with Hertz aside and do his best for Hibs, which I'm sure he'll do.
Managers and coaches don't necessarily have to have an affinity or history with the club they're working for. If Lennon thinks he can come in and improve the young lads then that's good enough for me. Us, as fans, just have to give him a chance.:rolleyes:

pacorosssco
23-06-2017, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Ill second that. He hates us and like Billy Brown nothing good will happen

Lewiehas2
25-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Just heard from a good source that Locke is new under 20's manager :rolleyes:

MountcastleHibs
25-06-2017, 08:40 PM
A guy I know went to their auction today. Locke was there too. Apparently killed the rumour dead - going by his tweet he must've said it in a way that wasn't very complimentary about us.

.Sean.
25-06-2017, 08:44 PM
A guy I know went to their auction today. Locke was there too. Apparently killed the rumour dead - going by his tweet he must've said it in a way that wasn't very complimentary about us.
Good.

Seeing his torn-faced Hearts pus in Hibs gear would've been sickening.

He's a Hearts **** and long may it stay like that.

Brads Laing
25-06-2017, 08:52 PM

Hoping & praying you're right, would struggle to support a hearts fud like him

My_Wife_Camille
25-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Good.

Seeing his torn-faced Hearts pus in Hibs gear would've been sickening.

He's a Hearts **** and long may it stay like that.
Agree with this 100%. Still disgusted that Billy Brown was ever allowed anywhere near our club and Gary Locke would be even worse.

Hes a rancid Hearts **** imo

Kojock
27-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Locke was at the gym this morning wearing all his Hearts gear. He was chatting to a guy, obviously another Jambo. Locke said he was looking for something full time. I said I thought You were coming to Hibs, the other guy said ffs you wouldn't go to them. Locke shrugged his shoulders and replied, "It's a full time position"

IanM
01-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Locke leaves cowdenbeath to rejoin hearts

Football season can't start soon enough

Brooster
01-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Perfect. The man is a prick.

West lower
01-07-2017, 06:03 PM

After the way they pumped him out the door before, you would think that anyone with any class would tell them to ram it..... oh wait, Gary Locke you say.

Big L
01-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Locke was at the gym this morning wearing all his Hearts gear. He was chatting to a guy, obviously another Jambo. Locke said he was looking for something full time. I said I thought You were coming to Hibs, the other guy said ffs you wouldn't go to them. Locke shrugged his shoulders and replied, "It's a full time position"

He's got something full time, the yams have just made him the Priciple Ambassador for the club. Billy Brown got his job!

Big L
01-07-2017, 06:27 PM

He's got something full time, the yams have just made him the Priciple Ambassador for the club. Billy Brown got his job!

snooky
01-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Can we think of any other huddies we can say we're after so that Hearts will sign them? - ?
Kinda like 'rope a dope'.

BSEJVT
01-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Absolutely delighted that Jambo roaster is going to be nowhere near Hibs

Principal Ambassador to what?

He cant string two words together.

tamig
01-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Which amounts to getting pished in hospitality and maybe an occasional tumble down some stairs.

A man clearly with no backbone after being royally shafted by the Levein/Budge dream team. What a plank.

Www1875hfc
01-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Hearts just need to add pishy lord foulkes and that's them sorted .
Delighted that Locke isn't anywhere near our club, he's up there beside Houston as a horrible individual.

Pete
01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Which amounts to getting pished in hospitality and maybe an occasional tumble down some stairs.

To be fair it sounds like a great job.

Famous Fiver
01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
They seem to think they are on the way up.

Can't wait for the first meeting at Eater Road.

Bring it on.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 07:49 PM
They seem to think they are on the way up.

Can't wait for the first meeting at Eater Road.

Bring it on.

They'll be on their way down by then

patch1875
01-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Maybe need the money he's split from his missus I think.

School fees to pay.

lord bunberry
01-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Hell will freeze over the day that **** is welcome at Easter Road

Itsnoteasy
01-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Just signed for hertz as a principle ambassador.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2017, 08:44 PM

School fees to pay.

Always sad to hear, regardless of who it is

inglisavhibs
01-07-2017, 08:47 PM

Replacing Robbo!

hibsbollah
01-07-2017, 09:27 PM

At the ambassadors residence...

'ahh! Your excellency! With these pish stained breeks you are ah spoiling us'

Itsnoteasy
01-07-2017, 09:52 PM

How is it sad to hear.
His wife caught him playing the field.

Pete
01-07-2017, 10:18 PM
How is it sad to hear.
His wife caught him playing the field.

I imagine it'll be pretty sad for his wife and kids.

Waxy
01-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Can we think of any other huddies we can say we're after so that Hearts will sign them? - ?
Kinda like 'rope a dope'.

Is that us lost locke? Damn. Reckon we should try for John Mcglynn instead then 😐

pacorosssco
01-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Glad not joining Hibs. Hes hearts till the end could never work and I honestly doubt he would ever entertain. Many cross over but few do who are died in wool. I kinda respect Stewart for having balls to.

BullsCloseHibs
02-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Gary Locke is quite simply a 'taker'

WeAreHibs
02-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Gary Locke is quite simply a 'taker'

A piss taker!

Libby Hibby
02-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Locke (Rhyming slang) taker

johnbc70
02-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Can we start a rumour we are looking to bring back Konte and entice him out of retirement , he will be a Hearts player within the week on a 3 year deal. Oh and we were going to pay him 5K a week I heard..

lapsedhibee
02-07-2017, 11:05 AM

They don't have principles though.

02-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Probably shouldn't have.

Billy Brown is up there with one of the most despicable, arrogant hearts roasters there is, he should have been nowhere near ER.

lord bunberry
02-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Billy Brown is up there with one of the most despicable, arrogant hearts roasters there is, he should have been nowhere near ER.

Correct

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Why, there are plenty of non fee paying schools. :wink:

Crab apple
02-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Brown has been confirmed as the new manager of Cowdenbeath. I'm lumping a wedge on them going down this season. My son spotted him a couple of weeks ago in Musselburgh and Brown was wearing his Hearts Wonga tracksuit.

Waxy
02-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Brown has been confirmed as the new manager of Cowdenbeath. I'm lumping a wedge on them going down this season. My son spotted him a couple of weeks ago in Musselburgh and Brown was wearing his Hearts Wonga tracksuit.

What is it between them and Cowdenbeath? Seriously? It's like a graveyard for crap ex yams and look where its dragged them. Only a penalty kick competition against East Kilbride stopped them vanishing. Matter of time.

jacomo
02-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Locke is now a Jambassador.

The humiliation is complete. Back at the place that sacked him, begging for sweeties

Hibby70
02-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Was she fed up washing the sheets?

Carheenlea
03-07-2017, 06:48 AM
My son spotted him a couple of weeks ago in Musselburgh and Brown was wearing his Hearts Wonga tracksuit.

Tragic.

Getting back to Locke, I'm certain he was the player who when out injured spent a derby match at Tyncastle in the pre bus shelter days up at the segregation fence on the terracing. Nothing really wrong with that I suppose, but it did feel unusual to have an opposition player goading fans from the terraces.

LaMotta
03-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Tragic.

Getting back to Locke, I'm certain he was the player who when out injured spent a derby match at Tyncastle in the pre bus shelter days up at the segregation fence on the terracing. Nothing really wrong with that I suppose, but it did feel unusual to have an opposition player goading fans from the terraces.

:agree: He was sat in the Wheatfield during the Stephane Paille/Yogi red card nil nil bore draw. Spent the whole game goading Hibs fans in the old uncovered Gorgie Road end.

Lots of empty seats in the Wheatfield that day as well.

cabbageandribs1875
03-07-2017, 12:12 PM
principle ambassador, good one :hilarious the budge has a great sense of humour

oneone73
03-07-2017, 12:30 PM
principle ambassador, good one :hilarious the budge has a great sense of humour

It's principal, tbf.

MrSmith
04-07-2017, 11:18 AM
he must've locke picked the dressing room door to be seen just at the right time ... Cathro off?