PDA

View Full Version : Negativity towards some ex players

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Personally I can't understand some of our supporters with their negativity towards some of our ex players. Scotty Allan for one. Yes he didn't leave us on the Best of terms as he thought the grass would be greener wanting to sign for Sevco and eventually going to the other half of the old firm. He would have been on much higher wages than we were giving him. I for one love Hibs and I can say openly if I played for us and another club offered me three or four times the salary I would certainly think about it, in all honesty I think most of us would move. Even some of our recent signings are being hammered and they haven't even played any games for us. It doesn't even stop there any potential signings are branded Sh..e or even worse. How do you think they feel if they decide to join our club. We should give 100% to all players who sign for us. Scott Allan was very good for us simple as that. I didn't here much said about Russel Lattapy (another great player in my opinion) when he let us down before the cup final when he had to be dropped for drinking before a big game. We are all entitled to our opinions but anyone playing for Hibs will always have my support. If they are good players I don't care what they have done we should be supporting them. :thumbsup:

HibsNutter
18-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Scott Allan totally disrupted our prep for the 2015/16 season, he is a prick and I hope he faces a barrage of abuse at ER next season.

Thecat23
18-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Paul Hartley is a utter roaster. Add sleezeball into that as well. Had this misfortune of being in his company few years back. Never again. For that reason I have a lot of negativity against him.

Frazerbob
18-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Latapy was lambasted and booed by many when playing against us. I think most have mellowed over time and prefer to remember and appreciate the imense talent he had and joy he brought to ER.

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Scott Allan totally disrupted our prep for the 2015/16 season, he is a prick and I hope he faces a barrage of abuse at ER next season.

I noticed Scott Allan again getting it from you but nothing about RL before a cup final. Exactly what I was going on about one rule for one. There are some players I don't particularly like either such as Paul Hartley but I make it a point not to post it all over the place. Present company excepted.

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2017, 07:52 PM
I love Hibs, I have no respect for anyone who tries to do something that could damage Hibs. Allan tried to force his way out to the huns and disrupted our prep for the season ahead.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Personally I can't understand some of our supporters with their negativity towards some of our ex players. Scotty Allan for one. Yes he didn't leave us on the Best of terms as he thought the grass would be greener wanting to sign for Sevco and eventually going to the other half of the old firm. He would have been on much higher wages than we were giving him. I for one love Hibs and I can say openly if I played for us and another club offered me three or four times the salary I would certainly think about it, in all honesty I think most of us would move. Even some of our recent signings are being hammered and they haven't even played any games for us. It doesn't even stop there any potential signings are branded Sh..e or even worse. How do you think they feel if they decide to join our club. We should give 100% to all players who sign for us. Scott Allan was very good for us simple as that. I didn't here much said about Russel Lattapy (another great player in my opinion) when he let us down before the cup final when he had to be dropped for drinking before a big game. We are all entitled to our opinions but anyone playing for Hibs will always have my support. If they are good players I don't care what they have done we should be supporting them. :thumbsup:

The problem with Scott Allan wasn't that he moved, it was how that move came about and his behaviour in the weeks leading up to that move which leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth and the reason why he will receive a bad reception next season.

There's plenty of players who have moved for more money who have come back to play against us and received a warm welcome from the fans (some of them have gone to the Old Firm). I don't think there's many Hibs fans who would grudge any player moving to a club where he's going to significantly enhance his weekly salary.

Mango Man
18-06-2017, 07:57 PM

I know what you are saying, but there is a way to go about things, in the games he played that pre season, he clearly was in a huff, still managed to get a couple of goals and play well, but his attitude was terrible, only with us for one season and off at the first time of asking. Jason has done it the right way.

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 08:02 PM
The problem with Scott Allan wasn't that he moved, it was how that move came about and his behaviour in the weeks leading up to that move which leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth and the reason why he will receive a bad reception next season.

There's plenty of players who have moved for more money who have come back to play against us and received a warm welcome from the fans (some of them have gone to the Old Firm). I don't think there's many Hibs fans who would grudge any player moving to a club where he's going to significantly enhance his weekly salary.
On a personal note I would have preferred us to sign him again. I hope he isn't as good as when he played for us as he is going to cause some damage and I hope it's not against us. As for your point anyone no matter who will do anything to engineer a move from their workplace if they want out that's Facts. I am sure if he knew how things would turn out and he could turn the clock back he would stay with us. We all make mistakes in life, many have done it before and many will do it again.

Tomsk
18-06-2017, 08:05 PM
I think the opposite. The support is too soft on players, especially those who come back sometimes more than once.

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 08:09 PM
I know what you are saying, but there is a way to go about things, in the games he played that pre season, he clearly was in a huff, still managed to get a couple of goals and play well, but his attitude was terrible, only with us for one season and off at the first time of asking. Jason has done it the right way.
I can't disagree but that's my point yes Jason has done it the right way stayed with us and helped us to promotion same as John Collins and many before him. On the other hand many have engineered their way out by not performing or taking a huff. People are different Allan's attitude was terrible but would he have carried on like that if he knew how things would have turned out, I think not he would be one of our star performers. It serves no purpose to give him or signings you don't like abuse. We are meant to be better than most clubs. The Hibs Family.

hibsbollah
18-06-2017, 08:10 PM
We should all be allowed our own opinions. About anything.

Personally, I couldn't stand John Rankin. His playing style, the way he ran, his socks round his ankles, his constant ineffectiveness. He could be a top bloke for all I know, but he annoyed me every time he took the field. Also ColinNish, his goal scoring record was good, testament to him being able to take up good positions I suppose. But he was a clumsy ****, when he wasn't falling on his arse he was running offside. He might be a super intelligent person off the pitch, but he played like the village idiot. It got to the stage when I couldn't bear giving credit to either player when he did something unarguably good (the squiggler was a fluke, just so as you know).

It's all about opinions. Except when it's about prejudices :aok:

jacomo
18-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Oh Scotty is it now?

Scotty your besty?

Give it a rest. The guy worked for us for a year, but decided he wanted to leave halfway through his contract and join our rivals.

I don't have anything personal against the guy, but he's not on my Christmas card list.

Baldy Foghorn
18-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I can't disagree but that's my point yes Jason has done it the right way stayed with us and helped us to promotion same as John Collins and many before him. On the other hand many have engineered their way out by not performing or taking a huff. People are different Allan's attitude was terrible but would he have carried on like that if he knew how things would have turned out, I think not he would be one of our star performers. It serves no purpose to give him or signings you don't like abuse. We are meant to be better than most clubs. The Hibs Family.

I don't mind anyone giving opposing player's stick, gets on my wick when it's our own players on receiving end though....Anyone not in Hibs jersey is fair game

weecounty hibby
18-06-2017, 08:25 PM
We are too hard on existing Hibs players at times. I have no problem with giving ex players stick, especially ones who treated the club like **** as Scott Allan did. I gave KT it tight when he played for the Hun and Scott Brown too at Celtic. Griffiths will also feel the sharp end of my tongue at ER next season. Doesn't mean I won't take him back in a minute. But he plays for Celtic, not Hibs. I think it would be better to stick up for present Hibs players rather than those who have left and especially the ones who treated the club poorly

Diclonius
18-06-2017, 08:26 PM
At the end of the day, it's just a game.

The only ex-Hibs player I wouldn't want back at the club (on a personal level) is Matt Doherty.

Baldy Foghorn
18-06-2017, 08:27 PM
We are too hard on existing Hibs players at times. I have no problem with giving ex players stick, especially ones who treated the club like **** as Scott Allan did. I gave KT it tight when he played for the Hun and Scott Brown too at Celtic. Griffiths will also feel the sharp end of my tongue at ER next season. Doesn't mean I won't take him back in a minute. But he plays for Celtic, not Hibs. I think it would be better to stick up for present Hibs players rather than those who have left and especially the ones who treated the club poorly

:top marks

givescotlandfreedom
18-06-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't recall the sportsmen among us applauding Michael Stewart on his return to Hearts after playing for us.

JimBHibees
18-06-2017, 08:43 PM

Truly bizarre post.

keep the faith
18-06-2017, 08:45 PM
I think every member of the SC winning side should get a good reception at ER should they return with another side.
That's not too soft. It's hibs class and that's what keeps us apart from the yams and sevcos of this world.

brianmc
18-06-2017, 08:49 PM

FFS Scott let it go... Away and post on the dundee fans forum now eh.

dchibs
18-06-2017, 08:50 PM
On a personal note I would have preferred us to sign him again. I hope he isn't as good as when he played for us as he is going to cause some damage and I hope it's not against us. As for your point anyone no matter who will do anything to engineer a move from their workplace if they want out that's Facts. I am sure if he knew how things would turn out and he could turn the clock back he would stay with us. We all make mistakes in life, many have done it before and many will do it again.

This for me if it was a choice of Sibbald or Allan it would be Allan any day, the money we can spend he is a better player by far.

J-C
18-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Allan = weasel ****, Hartley = creepy ****, Latapy = drunken ****, Collins = useless ****

brianmc
18-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Fans love their team.
The emotions they stir are like actual, personal relationships.
Some relationships gradually go their separate ways - sometimes the people involved even remain friends.....

Then there's the other,(sadly) much, MUCH more common end to relationships. Often one party is behaving scandalously: taking their partner for granted, expecting to live life in a bracket that their actual finances cannot support, and of course - whoring themselves around anyone who'll have them!!!

If Wellbankhibby cannot follow these glaringly obvious facts of football and indeed life then perhaps a different pastime may be better to follow?

*For avoidance of doubt, the parting of the ways from the Mighty Hibernian that the horrible rat ******* Scott Allan engineered falls into category 2 .

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Oh Scotty is it now?

Scotty your besty?

Give it a rest. The guy worked for us for a year, but decided he wanted to leave halfway through his contract and join our rivals.

I don't have anything personal against the guy, but he's not on my Christmas card list.
Not my besty but he did a good job when he was with us. So what if he wanted to leave. I wanted to leave my first job after a week. Your sarcasm makes me think you are one of the so called supporters who give players a hard time. Oh wait a minute your not a supporter as you don't support our players when they are with the team. If you did you would be my Besty. :flag:

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't mind anyone giving opposing player's stick, gets on my wick when it's our own players on receiving end though....Anyone not in Hibs jersey is fair game
Agree 100% nothing wrong with that.

keep the faith
18-06-2017, 09:29 PM
The Allan thing staffers me. Some people on here are like scorned kids.

Allan came to us for free. Lit up the season playing a brand of fearless football we hadn't seen for seasons. He turned down dundee united in the jan window and went on to be the division player of the year.
His boyhood team come calling at end of season so he puts in a transfer request in the time honoured fashion. Hibs don't sell to rangers so he goes to Celtic and we get a good deal in return from our free transfer the year before. The end.
He never spoke badly of the club and I enjoyed watching him. I wasn't angry when he left but instead was disappointed he was gone.

It's life. The abuse that guy gets from some is all a bit embarrassing.

brog
18-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Coincidentally today I saw a clip of our 3rd goal in our biggest ever win over the team formerly known as Rangers. The 1st person to rush to the scorer, Scott Robertson & with a huge beam of delight on his face was Scott Allan. At that point he was a 100% Hibs man playing against his boyhood heroes. I wonder how we would have greeted Deek or Leigh scoring & celebrating for Yams or Sevco against us? SA did a grand job for us & we also did well out of his transfer. Like the OP I bear him no animosity at all.

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Truly bizarre post.
Why is it Bizarre it is a genuine point. For years I have listened to some supporters giving our own players abuse. Some on this site are giving Potential signing targets abuse and they aren't even here. Even recent signings are getting pelted they haven't even played for us yet. We are supposed to support the team and the players are a huge part of that. :confused:

BoomtownHibees
18-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Why is it Bizarre it is a genuine point. For years I have listened to some supporters giving our own players abuse. Some on this site are giving Potential signing targets abuse and they aren't even here. Even recent signings are getting pelted they haven't even played for us yet. We are supposed to support the team and the players are a huge part of that. :confused:

But your thread is about "ex players" is it no?

Then you agree with a poster above that says anybody not in a Hibs top is fair game.

So what's it to be??

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:34 PM
FFS Scott let it go... Away and post on the dundee fans forum now eh.
I hope your not referring to me we are allowed opinions is that not what Hibs Net is for. I'm stating my opinion and will continue to do so. If you don't like it you go and post on another site. I would hazard a guess I have followed and supported the club longer than you. Respect your elders.:thumbsup:

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:39 PM

Allan came to us for free. Lit up the season playing a brand of fearless football we hadn't seen for seasons. He turned down dundee united in the jan window and went on to be the division player of the year.
His boyhood team come calling at end of season so he puts in a transfer request in the time honoured fashion. Hibs don't sell to rangers so he goes to Celtic and we get a good deal in return from our free transfer the year before. The end.
He never spoke badly of the club and I enjoyed watching him. I wasn't angry when he left but instead was disappointed he was gone.

My Opinion Too 100% correct. Well said that Man.

Vault Boy
18-06-2017, 09:42 PM
I don't dislike Allan at all. Thought he was excellent for us and would happily see him back at the club.

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 09:42 PM
But your thread is about "ex players" is it no?

Then you agree with a poster above that says anybody not in a Hibs top is fair game.

So what's it to be??

If if you take the time to read the post it is about potential players and current players as well. Read it please.

BoomtownHibees
18-06-2017, 09:50 PM
If if you take the time to read the post it is about potential players and current players as well. Read it please.

Your thread title is "Negativity towards some ex players"

Your opening line in this thread is "Personally I can't understand some of our supporters with their negativity towards some of our ex players"

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick likes

jacomo
18-06-2017, 10:01 PM

:agree:

I don't get the abuse. But I don't get the pining for him either.

He moved on and so did we.

brianmc
18-06-2017, 10:14 PM
I hope your not referring to me we are allowed opinions is that not what Hibs Net is for. I'm stating my opinion and will continue to do so. If you don't like it you go and post on another site. I would hazard a guess I have followed and supported the club longer than you. Respect your elders.:thumbsup:

Yippee! Straight into the we're all entitled to opinions , unless one happens to disagree with yours obviously!

Whilst you may indeed be correct about your longevity versus mine (I've only had a season ticket for the last 28 years after all) I fail to see the relevance of this.
Plenty of 'old folk' talk absolute mince, as do loads of the younger generation - and those in between the 2.
I'm happy to say I'm not ageist like your appear to be.

Hibs.net is indeed for people to voice their opinions - but most who do are fully expecting others to comment, agree and disagree.
I'm not sure why you seem to think you're exempt from this but hey ho!

To get the thread back on track : My default opinion for (the vast majority of) ex players is complete ambivalence . Only for a few others would it be either a good or bad 'welcome'.
Though if you weigh up how many players have left us after becoming heroes v how many have left as duds, charlatans and wage thieves it's not rocket science to work out most will receive some mild scorn on their return - FFS it's no like people are throwing severed pigs heads at Callum Booth or Liam Craig eh?

Wellbankhibby
18-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Yippee! Straight into the we're all entitled to opinions , unless one happens to disagree with yours obviously!

Whilst you may indeed be correct about your longevity versus mine (I've only had a season ticket for the last 28 years after all) I fail to see the relevance of this.
Plenty of 'old folk' talk absolute mince, as do loads of the younger generation - and those in between the 2.
I'm happy to say I'm not ageist like your appear to be.

Hibs.net is indeed for people to voice their opinions - but most who do are fully expecting others to comment, agree and disagree.
I'm not sure why you seem to think you're exempt from this but hey ho!

To get the thread back on track : My default opinion for (the vast majority of) ex players is complete ambivalence . Only for a few others would it be either a good or bad 'welcome'.
Though if you weigh up how many players have left us after becoming heroes v how many have left as duds, charlatans and wage thieves it's not rocket science to work out most will receive some mild scorn on their return - FFS it's no like people are throwing severed pigs heads at Callum Booth or Liam Craig eh?
Well bully for you, I have followed Hibs for over 50 years so what, what's having a season ticket for 28 years to do with it. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I personally could not give a jot whether or not you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with me. My point is you can't call yourself a true supporter when you don't support the Players who play for this great club. Some of you so called supporters make me sick. I sit in famous five stand and listen to abuse of our own players at every home game. Have a think about it. I will agree some players are obviously liked better than others but I am amazed at the amount of abuse some current players get as potential signings and ex players too. In summary I would say there is little chance of us agreeing as in my opinion you are one of the so called supporters who vent their abuse at players. It would help our players if you resist venting abuse at Hibs players or consider not having a Season ticket for your 29 th Year. It may just help our players to be encouraged and not Abused.

ColinNish
19-06-2017, 06:52 AM
Well bully for you, I have followed Hibs for over 50 years so what, what's having a season ticket for 28 years to do with it. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I personally could not give a jot whether or not you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with me. My point is you can't call yourself a true supporter when you don't support the Players who play for this great club. Some of you so called supporters make me sick. I sit in famous five stand and listen to abuse of our own players at every home game. Have a think about it. I will agree some players are obviously liked better than others but I am amazed at the amount of abuse some current players get as potential signings and ex players too. In summary I would say there is little chance of us agreeing as in my opinion you are one of the so called supporters who vent their abuse at players. It would help our players if you resist venting abuse at Hibs players or consider not having a Season ticket for your 29 th Year. It may just help our players to be encouraged and not Abused.

Uber fan alert!! "I've been a Hibby for over 50 years and my opinion is worth more than yours"

BTW 'Scotty" Allan is a wee **** and i hope he fails miserably at the dirty Dees. He'll be getting it tight when he appears against us, that's for sure.

Steve-O
19-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Latapy was lambasted and booed by many when playing against us. I think most have mellowed over time and prefer to remember and appreciate the imense talent he had and joy he brought to ER.

Correct. Particularly given he went to Rangers afterwards!

Forgiven him nowadays.

Wellbankhibby
19-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Uber fan alert!! "I've been a Hibby for over 50 years and my opinion is worth more than yours"

BTW 'Scotty" Allan is a wee **** and i hope he fails miserably at the dirty Dees. He'll be getting it tight when he appears against us, that's for sure.
As commented in my previous post I don't care what you think. You have a very short memory span. When Allan was playing well for us I can almost gaurantee you wanted him to stay. That's what all this Nonsence is about because he wanted to leave. Many players have left ER in poor circumstances so what. I mentioned my standing as a supporter for over 50 years as a previous post said they had a season ticket for 28 years so what. That's the problem on this site many on here don't like it when someone has a different opinion. Scott Allan means nothing to me now as he is no longer with Hibs but I won't give him abuse. No one wanted him to leave when he was playing well for us. Hypocrites all of you who give existing players and ex players abuse. Support the team. I never once said my opinion was worth more than anyone else you tell me where I said this. Typical reaction if you don't like someone's comments make a story up. Childish Behaviour.

we are hibs
19-06-2017, 08:43 AM

he tried to force through a move only days before the start of the season to our rivals for the title that season. he knew exactly what he was doing. regardless of how good a player he was; he's a rat. I hope he fails at Dundee at ends up on the footballing scrapheap, if he's not already on it.

Heisenberg
19-06-2017, 08:43 AM
A player tries to engineer a move away to our league rivals, unsettling our entire pre season in the process...yeah I'm amazed people don't like Allan. He'll receive the same treatment as the likes of Thomson/Caldwell got when they were back at ER. Jokes on Allan tbh. He got to watch all his pals become legends while he sat on his arse at Celtc.

silverhibee
19-06-2017, 08:50 AM

Deary me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Think this thread shows how badly we need the season to start. Hoose fight empty start . Now make a sentence.

--------
19-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Truly bizarre post.

I thought that. I don't mind players moving on - that's life - but someone like Allan who caused disruption and upset in order to engineer a move? Why defend him?

I smell TROLL.

A well-matured 50-year vintage troll, but a troll nevertheless. :devil:

Northernhibee
19-06-2017, 10:00 AM

The whole idea of a public forum is that people have the right to rebuttal as well. Don't be so precious that you think your opinion is so important that others can't put their own one in. If you can't do that, then maybe internet forums just aren't your thing.

For what it's worth, I really hope that Marvin Bartley or whatever combative midfielder we have goes right through Allan at the first opportunity and gives him something to think about.

Liam978
19-06-2017, 11:01 AM
The whole idea of a public forum is that people have the right to rebuttal as well. Don't be so precious that you think your opinion is so important that others can't put their own one in. If you can't do that, then maybe internet forums just aren't your thing.

For what it's worth, I really hope that Marvin Bartley or whatever combative midfielder we have goes right through Allan at the first opportunity and gives him something to think about.

Aw Naw. Defo no Hibs class, I loved watching Scottie play for us and wish him no harm, my Dad says he was on a par with " Mickey the magician", that will do for me,there is class and Hibs class, I wish him well, fondly remembered, GGTTH.

--------
19-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Aw Naw. Defo no Hibs class, I loved watching Scottie play for us and wish him no harm, my Dad says he was on a par with " Mickey the magician", that will do for me,there is class and Hibs class, I wish him well, fondly remembered, GGTTH.

Mickey Weir, or Alec Edwards?

Maybe Allan was on a par with MW, but no way was he as good as Alec. :bitchy:

In my opinion, having seen them both. :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 11:16 AM

Superbly summarised sir. :not worth

WeeRussell
19-06-2017, 11:28 AM

Couldn't agree more. The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Scott Allan" and "Rangers" in the same sentence, is his standout MOM performance in one of our greatest ever wins against them.

The "rescued his career" line gets trotted out an awful lot too (in addition to the 'Mcgeough is better on his day anyway' :rolleyes:), as if he's due us more than anyone else that signs a contract and plays with us. The boy had the ability to sign for a number of clubs.. we were fortunate at the time that he played for us.

I don't expect a standing ovation for the boy anytime soon, and do fully expect him to get some less than friendly treatment when we face Dundee - but this competition to see who can be the most anti-Allan and use the most swear words to describe him is over the top, in my opinion.

I accept I am well and truly in the minority on here with this though. :greengrin

ian cruise
19-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Life's too short to get wound up by ex players. If they don't want to play for Hibernian then it's their loss.

I understand why some get upright about some explayers, like Scott Allan, even if personally I've no issue, but I do get a bit perplexed by the hatred some examples players such as Rankin and Liam Craig get. These guys might have not performed as we would have wanted, or maybe just weren't good enough depending on your opinion, but they still have their all during their time so can't understand why some folk get really worked up about them.

SRHibs
19-06-2017, 11:36 AM
It's just a laugh. Positive and negative narratives are what keep the game interesting.

Scott Allan is a dobber.

Liam978
19-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Alex Edwards Doddie, He says not near as good but got him off his seat like many others in his era, he's 70.GGTTH,

ColinNish
19-06-2017, 12:38 PM
As commented in my previous post I don't care what you think. You have a very short memory span. When Allan was playing well for us I can almost gaurantee you wanted him to stay. That's what all this Nonsence is about because he wanted to leave. Many players have left ER in poor circumstances so what. I mentioned my standing as a supporter for over 50 years as a previous post said they had a season ticket for 28 years so what. That's the problem on this site many on here don't like it when someone has a different opinion. Scott Allan means nothing to me now as he is no longer with Hibs but I won't give him abuse. No one wanted him to leave when he was playing well for us. Hypocrites all of you who give existing players and ex players abuse. Support the team. I never once said my opinion was worth more than anyone else you tell me where I said this. Typical reaction if you don't like someone's comments make a story up. Childish Behaviour.

Have a wee look at the bits in bold above. This is you.

BTW - Scott Allan is still a ****. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
19-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Any player in a Hibs jersey who is capable of holding a club to ransom to get what he wants is due all the negativity he gets!

Scott Allan has so much ability but rarely showed us that side of him, only when he felt like it did he show any thing near his potential.

He told the Hibs support that he would not leave Hibs and that he wanted to stay and see out his contract.

A few days later he asked to go to Rangers, then when that was turned down, he slapped in a transfer request in . With Rangers persistently buzzing around Hibs with ridiculous offers in transfer fees this disrupted Stubbs pre season preparations and resulted in a lot of bad feeling in the media and in the dressing roo.

So as far as im concerned he should not be back with us as if he has acted like this once he will do it again.

Hibs have done fine with out him!

Lago
19-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Couldn't agree more. The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Scott Allan" and "Rangers" in the same sentence, is his standout MOM performance in one of our greatest ever wins against them.

The "rescued his career" line gets trotted out an awful lot too (in addition to the 'Mcgeough is better on his day anyway' :rolleyes:), as if he's due us more than anyone else that signs a contract and plays with us. The boy had the ability to sign for a number of clubs.. we were fortunate at the time that he played for us.

I don't expect a standing ovation for the boy anytime soon, and do fully expect him to get some less than friendly treatment when we face Dundee - but this competition to see who can be the most anti-Allan and use the most swear words to describe him is over the top, in my opinion.

I accept I am well and truly in the minority on here with this though. :greengrin
I guess I'll join you in the minority, a good well argued post.:aok:

--------
19-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Alex Edwards Doddie, He says not near as good but got him off his seat like many others in his era, he's 70.GGTTH,

Ah. Yup - I'd agree with that. The thing about wee Alex was, with him, we won in style; without him we lost - simple as that.

It would take too long to list all the players in the 60's who could get me jumping (couldn't afford a seat - stood on the main terrace just below the path).

Truth is, there aren't many players in the whole SPFL who excite me these days. Too many faceless, talentless clones of John Rankin ...

HoboHarry
20-06-2017, 02:02 AM
Ah. Yup - I'd agree with that. The thing about wee Alex was, with him, we won in style; without him we lost - simple as that.

It would take too long to list all the players in the 60's who could get me jumping (couldn't afford a seat - stood on the main terrace just below the path).

Truth is, there aren't many players in the whole SPFL who excite me these days. Too many faceless, talentless clones of John Rankin ...
Got that right Doddie - I too miss the characters of bygone years, Alex Edwards, Jim O'Rourke, Joe Harper at al......

:wink:

GreenLake
20-06-2017, 03:04 AM

Coincidentally, why did Alex Edwards get called Mickey?

Super_JMcGinn
20-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Coincidentally, why did Alex Edwards get called Mickey?

My dad reliably informs me it was a certain resemblance to one Mickey Rooney.