PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn Interview

WhileTheChief..
18-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Decent.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/hibs-star-john-mcginn-plans-capital-gains-over-their-city-rivals/

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Decent.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/hibs-star-john-mcginn-plans-capital-gains-over-their-city-rivals/

Is it not 7 derbies unbeaten?

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Going by that it looks like he's staying. :thumbsup:

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:09 AM

Yeah couple this with the fact that he's in all the promo shots for the new strip it's looking promising. Given the option of keeping either JM or JC it would be SJM every day of the week for me.

WhileTheChief..
18-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Is it not 7 derbies unbeaten?

Dunno, I didn't write it :na na:

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Dunno, I didn't write it :na na:

Well I'm holding you personally responsible. Hopefully I'm right as "Here we go, 7 in a row" is a bit of a mouthful!

Billy Whizz
18-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Or dropping a granade and running off😄

tamig
18-06-2017, 10:24 AM

I suppose the danger is that a mega bid comes in that the club will find too good to refuse. The boy seems very happy but who knows what's round the corner in football.

Keyser Sauzee
18-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Let's be honest just because he's done an interview and is in the promotional shots for the new strip doesn't necessarily mean he's defo staying. He, like every other footballer is staying at their present club until and offer comes in both parties can't refuse, until then its business as usual. I'm not saying he is going as I want him to stay, just think people are reading far too much into things.

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Let's be honest just because he's done an interview and is in the promotional shots for the new strip doesn't necessarily mean he's defo staying. He, like every other footballer is staying at their present club until and offer comes in both parties can't refuse, until then its business as usual. I'm not saying he is going as I want him to stay, just think people are reading far too much into things.

True, but I'd like to think after selling JC, the offer to prise SJM from us would have to be almost too good to accept. If we sell him for less than 2M it'd start to cause a bit of unrest among the support, I think. If he is going to go, I'd prefer it to be sooner rather than later, but I have a feeling he'll be in a Hibs strip come the start of the season!

Waxy
18-06-2017, 10:34 AM
If he's worth 2 mill now i'm sure he'll still be worth that next year. We wont sell.

Big_Franck
18-06-2017, 10:42 AM
If he's worth 2 mill now i'm sure he'll still be worth that next year. We wont sell.

He'll only have one year left on his contract next summer so we wouldn't get anywhere near 2 million, we'd be lucky to get a million in that scenario.

That article is wrong, it is 7 derbies unbeaten against them, not 6.

If McGinn can stay free of major injuries this year he can be a massive player for us. I'd try to use some of the Cummings money to make him our top earner and get him to extend his contract, even if it's only by another year.

MyJo
18-06-2017, 10:42 AM
McGinn is no different from any other player at our level. A bigger club offering a decent transfer fee for us and life changing money for SJM will always be the preferred end result and when a player is as good as he is then that possibility it always around the corner.

We need to stop reading into player or manager comments or interviews thinking just because they said they are looking forward to the new season or we don't "want" to sell them that means they aren't going anywhere.

McGinn is our star player that's why he is being selected for launching the strip and doing media interviews etc but if an email from another club with an attractive offer drops into Leanne's inbox tomorrow then he will be away.....that's how it works for us, that's how it works for 99.5% of football clubs in the world and the best we can hope for is having the player tied up on a contract to generate us a transfer fee when it happens rather than them leaving for nothing or worse still being a flop and is paying money to get rid of them early.

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:46 AM
McGinn is no different from any other player at our level. A bigger club offering a decent transfer fee for us and life changing money for SJM will always be the preferred end result and when a player is as good as he is then that possibility it always around the corner.

We need to stop reading into player or manager comments or interviews thinking just because they said they are looking forward to the new season or we don't "want" to sell them that means they aren't going anywhere.

McGinn is our star player that's why he is being selected for launching the strip and doing media interviews etc but if an email from another club with an attractive offer drops into Leanne's inbox tomorrow then he will be away.....that's how it works for us, that's how it works for 99.5% of football clubs in the world and the best we can hope for is having the player tied up on a contract to generate us a transfer fee when it happens rather than them leaving for nothing or worse still being a flop and is paying money to get rid of them early.

True, but I'd imagine it's unlikely that they would've had him in the promo if there was serious interest at this moment in time. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Michael
18-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Hopefully we can renew his contact this summer so that we get a decent fee next year. Similar to JC last year.

Jack
18-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't it be good if we could get SJM to sign an extension in the same way Jase did.

It would be ridiculous to think the club aren't already pursuing this.

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Wouldn't it be good if we could get SJM to sign an extension in the same way Jase did.

It would be ridiculous to think the club aren't already pursuing this.

Now that we're in the premiership, I doubt we'd be willing to take a cut-price fee for him next summer in order to keep him for the next year. We'll be looking to maximise profit as much as possible, especially considering the huge sell-on fee St Mirren will get. If he signs a new contract fantastic, but hopefully any release clause is a number that reflect's SJM's value.

staunchhibby
18-06-2017, 11:26 AM
I would think there will be a lot of discontented hibees if McGinn follows Jason out the door when its close to start of season

TheGreenMan
18-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Get him to sign a new contract. 500k release clause. Everyone's happy?

snooky
18-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I would think there will be a lot of discontented hibees if McGinn follows Jason out the door when its close to start of season

There appears to be a lot more going oot the door than coming in since the close of the season. :worried:

Lago
18-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Agree, think we can expect him to move at the end of this season.

Deansy
18-06-2017, 12:07 PM
'You have to be able to deal with the pressures that playing for a big club like Hibs brings'

'I’ll avoid being controversial and just say that Hibs are, at least, every bit as big as Hearts'

Well done SJM - you've certainly rattled followers of 'Charity Thieves FC' -

-'Can't wait to shut these ***** up next season. Far too cocky these days and a good 3 or 4 humpings needs to be prescribed to cure it'

- though the realisation that they no longer have access to 'Other People's Money' has still to hit a large % of the Muppets as they still appear to be oblivious/ignorant to the fact that they can no longer afford to buy derby-victories, let alone 'humpings' !!

KDY Hibs
18-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Appart from St Mirren........

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2017, 12:15 PM
A fair few Jambos wouldn't disagree with his comments that their signings last season were not good enough for them.

superfurryhibby
18-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Really hoping McGinn is around in the new season, he's a key man for us and to lose him and Cummings would be a big loss, even if we are re-investing the fees back into the first team squad.

Big season for McGinn, he will be hoping to impose himself on a better standard of player on a weekly basis. Delivering the goods for Hibs is a must for him. Fully confident he has the ability to shine in the SPL this coming season, but I think there's a big challenge for him too. His career development would be well served by staying and doing well for Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
18-06-2017, 12:24 PM
The media losing count of games since Hearts last won a derby. Pleasing.

Allant1981
18-06-2017, 12:31 PM
There appears to be a lot more going oot the door than coming in since the close of the season. :worried:

ive got some pampers here if you need them?

Jack
18-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Now that we're in the premiership, I doubt we'd be willing to take a cut-price fee for him next summer in order to keep him for the next year. We'll be looking to maximise profit as much as possible, especially considering the huge sell-on fee St Mirren will get. If he signs a new contract fantastic, but hopefully any release clause is a number that reflect's SJM's value.

When was the last time Hibs took a cut price fee?

tamig
18-06-2017, 02:50 PM
When was the last time Hibs took a cut price fee?

Some folk on the various Cummings threads seem to think we've done that with him.

Michael
18-06-2017, 03:52 PM

The point of an extension is so we get a decent fee for him. He's worth easily £1m+ as long as he has more than 1 year left on his contact when we sell.

Jack
18-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Some folk on the various Cummings threads seem to think we've done that with him.

They're wrong.

snooky
18-06-2017, 06:23 PM
ive got some pampers here if you need them?

PML (ironically) :aok:

Allant1981
18-06-2017, 06:25 PM
PML (ironically) :aok:

😀