21-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Bump....Tonight 9pm BBC2. :aok:

The Harp Awakes
21-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Keep on losing the satellite signal wi the thunder and lightening :boo hoo:

BigT-Hibeez
21-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Keep on losing the satellite signal wi the thunder and lightening :boo hoo:

It's the hertz fans watching the Cicero documentary.. 79 million viewers apparently..

GordonHFC
21-06-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm stuck in Bristol and the temperature is still in the 80s at 9.15 and there is a ****ty programme about Brexit on BBC2.

Clarence
21-06-2017, 08:26 PM
They should do a gig in Leith Links next year for the 30th anniversary of Sunshine on Leith.

ronaldo7
21-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Nice to see the Hibees there.:flag:

Twiglet
21-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Bubbling at Sunshine on Leith bit. Don't normally get emotional at tv but that part got me.

JimBHibees
21-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Bubbling at Sunshine on Leith bit. Don't normally get emotional at tv but that part got me.

Yep brilliant. :flag:

erin go bragh
21-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Sol is the best football anthem in the world. Imo :)

The Harp
21-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Sunshine on Leith getting belted out at Hampden. How good is that eh.

Hibbycol
21-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Greetin' like a bairn when sunshine on leith started and then sunny hampden came on ! . I thank our Lord THE PROCLAIMERS are ours .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

gunnerhibee
21-06-2017, 08:59 PM
:flag:

poolman
21-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Fan****intastic 😀😁😂

StevieCowan
21-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Is it on catch up TV?

.Sean.
21-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Proud 🤓🤓

dalkeith stu
21-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Is it on catch up TV?

It'll be on the BBC iplayer mate.

Libby Hibby
21-06-2017, 09:14 PM
sol is the best football anthem in the world. Imo :)

fact

stevie-bee
21-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Finished with joyful Kilmarnock blues , what a toe tapper

Jim44
21-06-2017, 09:33 PM
The name Hibernian wasn't even mentioned but the song is so powerful that no reference is needed. Very few football clubs have that distinction. :flag::flag::flag:

lapsedhibee
21-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Sol is the best football anthem in the world. Imo :)

Writers were modestly suggesting that it has maybe made them more 'part of the club'. AYE, JUST A BIT!

SirDavidsNapper
21-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Is it on catch up TV?

Yes. Watching it now

Sammy7nil
22-06-2017, 12:06 AM
They should do a gig in Leith Links next year for the 30th anniversary of Sunshine on Leith.

At easter Road surely

yonder1875
22-06-2017, 12:10 AM
At easter Road surely

That is the dream.

Aldo
22-06-2017, 06:10 AM
The name Hibernian wasn't even mentioned but the song is so powerful that no reference is needed. Very few football clubs have that distinction. :flag::flag::flag:

Didn't need to get me timed Jim. The song says it all!

Excellent programme and now cannot wait for their next tour!

pacorosssco
22-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Not a fan of the dr.tennant but did good job on that. Loved both their response regarding writting of cap in hand , do you believe in an independent Scotland gave him both barrels .As a band history will only make them bigger. Legacy of songs that will last forever and SOL fully part of Hibernians history which those who come after us will carry on signing

Niffy
22-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I was down the front at the Housemartins gig, fist 5 minutes thinking "wtf???" then we were sold... brilliant.

Edina Erin
22-06-2017, 11:25 AM
I was down the front at the Housemartins gig, fist 5 minutes thinking "wtf???" then we were sold... brilliant.

I was there too - Assembly Rooms in George Street.
Heard Joyful Kilmarnock Blues for the first time and thought - who are these gadgies singing about Hibs?

pacorosssco
22-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Was SOL single put out as a 12" or 7"?

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Very enjoyable. Its funny how bands you like can be influenced and helped by ones you cant stand .... Dexys Midnight Runners and the Housemartins for example :greengrin .... Glad to see Alex Harvey referenced as well, now there was a band.

The very thing that makes the Proclaimers great and to an extent unique is that even when they do a love song it still has a hard edge to it, kind of like 'Aye ah kin be soppy, but ah kin still kick yer heid in' if ye take the piss' ...... That's why I hated the 'Sunshine on Leith' film, that in yer face edge was binned in favour of a load of soppy sounding mush.

Whatever their legacy there cant be many bands who have A) written a football anthem .... and B) written one specifically identified with the club they support ..... what more could you want :thumbsup:

pacorosssco
22-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Very enjoyable. Its funny how bands you like can be influenced and helped by ones you cant stand .... Dexys Midnight Runners and the Housemartins for example :greengrin .... Glad to see Alex Harvey referenced as well, now there was a band.

The very thing that makes the Proclaimers great and to an extent unique is that even when they do a love song it still has a hard edge to it, kind of like 'Aye ah kin be soppy, but ah kin still kick yer heid in' if ye take the piss' ...... That's why I hated the 'Sunshine on Leith' film, that in yer face edge was binned in favour of a load of soppy sounding mush.

Whatever their legacy there cant be many bands who have A) written a football anthem .... and B) written one specifically identified with the club they support ..... what more could you want :thumbsup:

Also the maverick. Bill Drummond. A talent like no other

Niffy
22-06-2017, 12:23 PM
I was there too - Assembly Rooms in George Street.
Heard Joyful Kilmarnock Blues for the first time and thought - who are these gadgies singing about Hibs?
Aye same. Mind they were selling their tape at the back. I just said "Nah, you're ok" What an idiot.

Jim44
22-06-2017, 01:32 PM

The original Alex Harvey Band used to play regularly in the Eldorado ballroom on a Saturday night in the sixties. They were fantastic and one of the first truly professional bands I'd ever seen.

Curried
23-06-2017, 01:07 AM
He may be a St Mirren fan, but I loved Chris Brookmyre slapping down the American music journo’s over the usage of the word “haver".....absolutely priceless.

lucky
23-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Good documentary, I differ politically from the twins but I love the lyrics in their songs. Amazing to think "500 miles" is still a big earner for them that allows them to tour and release new material

Iain G
23-06-2017, 10:31 AM
He may be a St Mirren fan, but I loved Chris Brookmyre slapping down the American music journo’s over the usage of the word “haver".....absolutely priceless.

I do like Chris Brookmyre, there is a brilliant joke about Andy Dow in one of his books ("Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks" I think?).

Really good doco, good selection of talking heads for once that were pretty relevant to what was going on, sad (but also very very glad) to see Edwyn Collins and Justin Currie is looking old!

Iain G
23-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Good documentary, I differ politically from the twins but I love the lyrics in their songs. Amazing to think "500 miles" is still a big earner for them that allows them to tour and release new material

Kinda my thoughts, not on the same political wavelength by any means but that has no bearing on how I feel about their music :agree:

Listening to SoL just now, sure workmates wondering whey I look very smiley with a tear in the eye at the same time :)

tamsonsbairn
24-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Kinda my thoughts, not on the same political wavelength by any means but that has no bearing on how I feel about their music :agree:

Listening to SoL just now, sure workmates wondering whey I look very smiley with a tear in the eye at the same time :)
Anyone notice the white away jumbos top with wonga on the front. :gwa2:i don't know which gig it was though, nice to see at least one jumbo wi a good taste for music, I'm sure it was while they were belting SOL

Pretty Boy
24-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Watched it last night. Really well done documentary and a great insight into their early years, which I didn't know a lot about.

Good to see Edwyn Collins looking relatively well all things considered.

Crazyhorse
24-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Watched it last night. Really well done documentary and a great insight into their early years, which I didn't know a lot about.

Good to see Edwyn Collins looking relatively well all things considered.

Watched on catch up last night too. Was thinking the same about Edwyn. Really enjoyed the whole show.

Johnny Clash
24-06-2017, 02:12 PM
The original Alex Harvey Band used to play regularly in the Eldorado ballroom on a Saturday night in the sixties. They were fantastic and one of the first truly professional bands I'd ever seen.

I jumped on #26 bus recently to see Hibs play and sat next to a woman who was very chatty . Turns out she went out with Alex Harvey just as the band were gaining success. She must be well in her 60s now and sadly a blue nose from West Lothian but nonetheless amazing stories. Like the one when she was on her way to meet Alex Harvey when two Celtc radges grabbed her and held her over a bridge above the Clyde by her ankles. They had clocked her 'Gers' badges on her denim jacket.

Anyway... back on track... the Proclaimers documentary was great. They come across as really decent, principled and talented lads. The Hibs bit had me with a lump in my throat for sure.

hibeeleicester
24-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Anyone got it downloaded and able to email it over?

Abroad and no idea what a VPN is. :aok::aok:

Galahibby
24-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Anyone got it downloaded and able to email it over?

Abroad and no idea what a VPN is. :aok::aok:

Try this http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rl4ua

Hibby70
24-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Spotted Charlie and his wife on Prince's St. today whilst in town with my daughter.

Congratulated him on a great documentary. He was very pleasant back.

24-06-2017, 07:04 PM
SOL is a cracking anthem. Better than YNWA thats sung by different clubs, SOL is ours and ours alone.

Whens its in full swing like the cup final it truly is magnificent.