PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Hayes NHC

Navids Numpties
18-06-2017, 02:10 AM
Signs for septik on a 3 year. What a waste Celtic just steal everyone else's best players and then their fans moan about there being no competition. Yawn nothing new. Don't even know why I started this thread.

Waxy
18-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Signs for septik on a 3 year. What a waste Celtic just steal everyone else's best players and then their fans moan about there being no competition. Yawn nothing new. Don't even know why I started this thread.

Had to be said by someone. Spot on. 4 or 5 months time annoying journalists will blame every other club for Septics 20 point lead.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2017, 07:17 AM
They only moan so that they can try and convince people that they need to join another league.

They don't genuinely want any serious challenge to winning trophies and what happened last season is exactly how they want it every season.

Skol
18-06-2017, 07:21 AM
He won't even get much game time. Money aside I don't get these moves. I guess though for the player they need to set themselves up

green day
18-06-2017, 07:30 AM
He won't even get much game time. Money aside I don't get these moves. I guess though for the player they need to set themselves up

Assume he was on decent cash at Aberdeen compared to the man in the street, but he probably trebles it at Celtic.

Perhaps the difference between having to find a regular job in a few years, or being comfortable financially.

I can't disagree with any "money move".

Stokesy's on fire
18-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Aberdeen got the best deal with this one hes 29 often injured and they get Christie in on loan for the season. Win win for Aberdeen with this deal. I dont see what celtic want with him.

PeterboroHibee
18-06-2017, 07:34 AM

I think he will be given a chance, especially as theyve spent money on him. In saying that, its on him to perform as Celtic have a massive squad so there is always competition for places.

neil7908
18-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Aberdeen got the best deal with this one hes 29 often injured and they get Christie in on loan for the season. Win win for Aberdeen with this deal. I dont see what celtic want with him.

On your last point, it's pretty clear to me this is purely designed to weaken their most likely challengers for next season.

Is he really a player that will take them to the next level in the champions league? He's also 29 and isn't going to get any better.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Interesting to note the fee.

Puts what some people were wanting for cummings into a bit of perspective.

bingo70
18-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Tin hat on here but I don't see what Celtic are doing wrong.

The best team in the league trying to buy the best players in the league isn't something new or exclusive to this league. Hayes is a very good player and with the amount of games they'll likely have to pay they need a big squad.

Of course some signings don't work out but that happens at every club and it's up to the player to try and make the step up the way the likes of Armstrong, Scott Brown and many others have done.

I absolutely detest Celtic but I find it hard to be bitter about them trying to improve their squad by buying players that have stood out for their competitors, if we could afford it we'd do exactly the same thing, all clubs would

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-06-2017, 07:52 AM

The best team in the league trying to buy the best players in the league isn't something new or exclusive to this league. Hayes is a very good player and with the amount of games they'll likely have to pay they need a big squad.

Of course some signings don't work out but that happens at every club and it's up to the player to try and make the step up the way the likes of Armstrong, Scott Brown and many others have done.

I absolutely detest Celtic but I find it hard to be bitter about them trying to improve their squad by buying players that have stood out for their competitors, if we could afford it we'd do exactly the same thing, all clubs would

Agree, its no different to us getting swanson from st j, murray from dundee utd etc

Michael
18-06-2017, 08:04 AM

For me the problem is when they hoover up players and never play them. That's really anti-competitive and then they'll moan they have no competition in the league.

A limit to the number of registered players would cut this out.

easty
18-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Yep.

It's the same the world over. The biggest teams buy the best players, who've shown what they can do in the league already for other teams.

Celtc haven't just bought him to weaken Aberdeen, Celtc don't need to weaken Aberdeen, as far as the SPL goes Celtc don't need to weaken anyone, they're miles and miles ahead.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2017, 08:13 AM
It benefits the game I suppose if money spent by Celtc is then spent in Scotland.

Heisenberg
18-06-2017, 08:17 AM
If Celtc have replaced Roberts with Hayes then it's a major downgrade. Hayes is very good but nowhere near the level of Roberts.

DTS
18-06-2017, 08:18 AM
As it stands he'll start for them, Roberts is away and he's better than Forrest

easty
18-06-2017, 08:19 AM
As it stands he'll start for them, Roberts is away and he's better than Forrest

Aye, he's miles better than Forrest.

Andy74
18-06-2017, 08:38 AM

Agree. These threads are nonsense.

bingo70
18-06-2017, 08:50 AM
For me the problem is when they hoover up players and never play them. That's really anti-competitive and then they'll moan they have no competition in the league.

They finished about 30 odd points above Aberdeen last season and about a million above everyone else, signing one or two players purely to weaken the position won't be on the agenda in the slightest as it doesn't need to be, no way Lowell would sanction money being spent that way.

snooky
18-06-2017, 08:53 AM

This 100%. The OF have ruined the game in Scotland and will continue to do so.

Holmesdale Hibs
18-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Used to wind me up around 10 years ago when we used to have a player leave for Glasgow every other transfer window. I can see it from the players point of view though: earn a lot more, wind some medals, play in the champions league and in front of 50k+. Guys like Ian Murray and KT had a chance to play at the San Siro which they were unlikely to get at Hibs (or The Huns these days).

I imagine very few regret the move, even folk like Scott Allen or Riordan who didn't play a lot but will retire from football mortgage free and maybe even set up for life if they've been careful. Others like Whittaker and Caldwell used it as a stepping stone to the premiership.

Agree it's annoying and ruins the league a bit though. Is the TV money still distributed very unfairly? Guess the answer is yes but haven't heard any numbers for a while.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2017, 09:35 AM
We have just signed Murray from Dundee Utd, he was their top scorer last season and we dont want him according to most on here to be in our starting 11.

Swanson was St Johnstones best player and top scorer, if we could have had Hayes we would have signed him in a minute.

If we were in the position celtic are in, we'd do exactly the same.

Still don't like them though.

Hibby70
18-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Nice touch that he's offered to buy a new strip for anyone that got Hayes printed on the new top.

Small gesture in terms of cost but shows a bit of class to even consider it.

Hayes and Cummings both showing how to leave and still be held in high regard

WhileTheChief..
18-06-2017, 10:27 AM
We have just signed Murray from Dundee Utd, he was their top scorer last season and we dont want him according to most on here to be in our starting 11.

Swanson was St Johnstones best player and top scorer, if we could have had Hayes we would have signed him in a minute.

Agreed

Were also trying to get Boyce apparently.

It's the natural order of things.

Besides, Aberdeen are our rivals, Celtic really aren't, so a weakened Aberdeen is fine by me.

SRHibs
18-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Nice touch that he's offered to buy a new strip for anyone that got Hayes printed on the new top.

Small gesture in terms of cost but shows a bit of class to even consider it.

Hayes and Cummings both showing how to leave and still be held in high regard

What a time to be alive if you're an Aberdeen fan with the surname Hayes!

Captain Trips
18-06-2017, 11:05 AM

Thats ok BH providing not once ever on occasion they ever complain about competitive matches in league. Which is usually trotted out after a CL ripping.

CMurdoch
18-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Pleased for the player.
He has always worked hard and has done the business for Inverness and Aberdeen.
As a result he is now getting a nice wee boost at 29.
He played for Rodgers at Reading so he knows what he is getting.
Think he will play.
Don't think Rodgers wants anyone in the squad that he doesn't rate as good enough to play.
Think Henderson may just about fall into that category so we may get him here for a few quid.

snooky
18-06-2017, 11:15 AM
What a time to be alive if you're an Aberdeen fan with the surname Hayes!

:top marks

Purple Hayes :singing:

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Thats ok BH providing not once ever on occasion they ever complain about competitive matches in league. Which is usually trotted out after a CL ripping.

Lets be honest here, there is no competition now, they are so far away in terms of quality no club comes even close now.

They could sign all their players from other leagues, and it would still be the same.

They will sign players from Scottish club, and its always going to be the better ones, it's just the way it is.

Competition only exists for the rest of us in regards of Europe and the cups now and then, its irrelevant what they say in my opinion.

Green forever
18-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Seems a decent guy, left money behind to give a refund to anyone who bought a new top with his name on it.

snooky
18-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Seems a decent guy, left money behind to give a refund to anyone who bought a new top with his name on it.

Maybe he should have left a pile of Celtc tops with Hayes on the back so they could swap their sheep tops for them. :stirrer: :wink:

Nutmegged
18-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Don't see the problem here to be honest, he's been the best player in the League outwith Celtic for a couple of Seasons now, it seems like he has a long term relationship with Brendan Rodgers and with Roberts away and GMS not up it then there is definitely space to strengthen the wide areas, think it's a good and safe move to be honest.

ekhibee
18-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Yep.

It's the same the world over. The biggest teams buy the best players, who've shown what they can do in the league already for other teams.

Celtc haven't just bought him to weaken Aberdeen, Celtc don't need to weaken Aberdeen, as far as the SPL goes Celtc don't need to weaken anyone, they're miles and miles ahead.
This. They're so far ahead and their not going to be looking over their shoulder for some time IMO. The only thing I was wondering was a minor point, Tierney is, to all intensive purposes, a left wing back but can play more defensively too. Hayes is predominantly left-sided too, so wondering how that'll pan out but I'm not a Celtic fan and don't really care that much.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Wonder if any Hibs fan bought our new shirt with Cummings on it, on Friday?

snooky
18-06-2017, 01:18 PM

The shop will change it to "Goings", I hear.

Cameron1875
18-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Good player and can provide cover for Tierney or Sinclair since he can play both positions.

Sensible signing for Celtic but huge blow for Aberdeen. Pacy wingers always seem to do well in Scotland so be tough for them to replace him! Good news for us. :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Good move for the player financially I'd imagine. At nearly 30 he's setting himself up post retirement.

Will he be the difference in them finishing dead last in their CL GROUP? Probably not. If they don't sign Roberts or someone of a similar calibre I can't imagine their fans will be happy with the board.

Hopefully Aberdeen reinvest the money as I truly believe a strong battle for 2nd/3rd/4th/5th can only be a good thing for Scottish football and will see more people coming along to watch it and better sponsorship deals when the time comes

18-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Same old celtic, poach any talent from rival clubs. He'll warm the bench there for a while and then end up being shipped out on loan somewhere. And people wonder why celtic are so far ahead of everyone else, the moment theres a sniff of talent in scottish clubs Celtic are all over it like a rash. The amount of careers that club have wasted is unreal, Riordan being the one who springs to mind the most. I'm so glad Cummings didn't go there.

Snap up rivals teams best talents to weaken any competition then complain that they don't have enough competition. Its the celtic way, it always has been.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2017, 04:21 PM

They had a disclaimer notice up yesterday basically saying that you put a name and number on your shirt entirely at your own risk and the shop takes no responsibility for it once it's done.

snooky
18-06-2017, 04:29 PM
They had a disclaimer notice up yesterday basically saying that you put a name and number on your shirt entirely at your own risk and the shop takes no responsibility for it once it's done.

Nice touch. :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-06-2017, 04:32 PM

They've always done this of course, to my mind anyone wanting to sign for them within Scotland should think twice as no matter how good you are you will play second fiddle to any foreign players they have signed, John McGinn take note.

weecounty hibby
18-06-2017, 05:00 PM

The sign actually says that as squad numbers haven't been allocated yet they cannot guarantee that players will have the same number as last year therefore it is at your own risk.

green day
18-06-2017, 05:23 PM

The football top equivalent of "hot beverage, beware of scalding". i.e. pretty obvious except for the hard of thinking.......