PDA

View Full Version : Who comes in now

DTS
17-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Now that Cummings has left and we're left with two recognised strikers the squad is looking a bit thin, it looks like we need a keeper a couple of midfleders and two strikers. Hopefully Marciano and Whittaker sign which would be the back more than sorted but a huge window now to replace the goals of JC and the overall lack of them anyway. Moult and Stweart along with a another striker and attacking mid/wide player would see us right hopefully

18Hibee75
17-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Really hope we get Moult and Stewart now. Would be two great signing and maybe another midfielder too

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Really hope we get Moult and Stewart now. Would be two great signing and maybe another midfielder too

Think Redknapp said Stewart's going nowhere just now

Bob Box Fish
17-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Reality is Jason provided lots of points from his goals in the last few seasons as we stand squad wise at the minute we are looking at a relegation battle.

Plenty of time though for Lennon to bring in replacements let's hope he's given some cash to bring in some quality replacements.

Heisenberg
17-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Simon Murray and Brian Graham? :duck:

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 01:57 PM
We should move quickly for Boyce. We can afford the fee, so let's get it done.
For all the talk of Burton Albion they have not triggered the release clause yet. Let's get it done Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
17-06-2017, 02:00 PM
For all the talk of Burton Albion they have not triggered the release clause yet. Let's get it done Hibs.

Yip this for me also.

Smartie
17-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Lennon seems to have contacts with agents that seem to get hold of players from fairly obscure foreign clubs such as Ashdod.

I suspect we'll get people we've never heard of.

The final third is the hardest and most expensive place to get effective players.

Anyone that we would like to see join us, we won't be able to afford - that's the nature of the market. I think we can forget about the likes of Moult or Boyce. Yes, we've got money from Jason's transfer but it won't stretch to the transfer fees and wages that these players will command while their stock is so high.

We might get a decent player who played in Scotland before, went down to England and failed and needs to come back to rebuild their reputation.

I'm a wee bit nervous. I wasn't ever 100% convinced by Jason but he scored goals. I thought Holt put in a good shift for us last year in spite of not scoring many.

We don't tend to be good at replacing goalscorers when they leave.

This is a big, tough challenge for Lennon.

Fortunately the rest of our squad is looking pretty good, especially if we secure Marciano.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Lennon seems to have contacts with agents that seem to get hold of players from fairly obscure foreign clubs such as Ashdod.

I suspect we'll get people we've never heard of.

The final third is the hardest and most expensive place to get effective players.

Anyone that we would like to see join us, we won't be able to afford - that's the nature of the market. I think we can forget about the likes of Moult or Boyce. Yes, we've got money from Jason's transfer but it won't stretch to the transfer fees and wages that these players will command while their stock is so high.

We might get a decent player who played in Scotland before, went down to England and failed and needs to come back to rebuild their reputation.

I'm a wee bit nervous. I wasn't ever 100% convinced by Jason but he scored goals. I thought Holt put in a good shift for us last year in spite of not scoring many.

We don't tend to be good at replacing goalscorers when they leave.

This is a big, tough challenge for Lennon.

Fortunately the rest of our squad is looking pretty good, especially if we secure Marciano.

Only Burton Albion appear interested in Boyce and they appear unwilling to pay the price. We are not competing with Barca here.

Lago
17-06-2017, 02:15 PM
The doom & glomers are out in force. Anyone who thinks the squad as it is today, will the same when the league kicks of is deluded.

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 02:18 PM
The doom & glomers are out in force. Anyone who thinks the squad as it is today, will the same when the league kicks of is deluded.

Don't think there's much doom and gloom, just reality. Think we'll at least add a min of 4 players who will go straight into the team

Borderhibbie76
17-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Reality is Jason provided lots of points from his goals in the last few seasons as we stand squad wise at the minute we are looking at a relegation battle.

Plenty of time though for Lennon to bring in replacements let's hope he's given some cash to bring in some quality replacements.
Let the bed wetting begin ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Yep, gone from challenging for 2nd to a relegation battle before the squad is known
Unbelievable...much as I'm gutted to see JC leave we kind of knew it was coming and tbh he wasn't proven at Premiership level anyway....I'm excited to see the replacements and wish JC all the very best

18Hibee75
17-06-2017, 02:23 PM

Have we shown interest in him?

Haymaker
St. Anthony Stokes.

snooky
Think Redknapp said Stewart's going nowhere just now

Don't believe what every Tom, Dick or Harry says.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Have we shown interest in him?

No idea but I think we should.

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 02:28 PM
you have to feel sorry for whoever comes in, they will be judged against Jason while playing against a higher standard of opposition than Jason played against.

I'm hoping there's no need for that due to them scoring enough goals :wink:

On that note - what is that number of goals?
For me it's around the 15 mark - I'd have been happy with JC getting 15 at SPL level.

Hibby70
17-06-2017, 02:28 PM
The positive thing here is that he's not gone just as the window closes. Plenty time to get a decent couple of players in.

snooky
17-06-2017, 02:34 PM
The positive thing here is that he's not gone just as the window closes. Plenty time to get a decent couple of players in.

The positive thing will be if we sign someone decent in good time rather than wait and get a knockback just as the window closes.

jingler1954
17-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Now that Cummings has left and we're left with two recognised strikers the squad is looking a bit thin, it looks like we need a keeper a couple of midfleders and two strikers. Hopefully Marciano and Whittaker sign which would be the back more than sorted but a huge window now to replace the goals of JC and the overall lack of them anyway. Moult and Stweart along with a another striker and attacking mid/wide player would see us right hopefully

There is no way JC would be allowed to leave if a replacement was not already identified Hibs will be working away in the background and agreeing the final details with whoever it is.

Bob Box Fish
17-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Yep, gone from challenging for 2nd to a relegation battle before the squad is known

Very good.

Not sure where I said we were challenging for second ....

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Unbelievable...much as I'm gutted to see JC leave we kind of knew it was coming and tbh he wasn't proven at Premiership level anyway....I'm excited to see the replacements and wish JC all the very best

I think the bit about unproven at Premiership level is a good point.

Yes he did well against Premiership teams when we played them in the cups but that's a different matter to racking up a decent total in the league. You could argue that his league goalscoring stats are disappointing given his obvious ability.

For a great many reasons I hope his replacement does score goals but not the least of those reasons would be to avoid the classic .Net tradition of people we didn't sign, sold or who are not currently in the team being a stick on for Ronaldo level feats of goalscoring.

Realistically, I think JC would have been doing well to hit 12-15 goals in the SPL.
Not saying he wouldn't have scored more but the pattern would point to those kind of numbers being a good return imo.

I just hope we don't finish 6th or 7th with his replacement getting slaughtered for "only" scoring 14 or 15 goals when if we'd kept JC he'd have scored 30+ to see us finish 2nd.

HoboHarry
17-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Absolute crap. :faf::faf::faf::faf:

wookie70
17-06-2017, 02:46 PM
It will be hard to replace Jason's goals by signing a single player within budget. We have been very reliant on Jason and we need to make sure the goals are spread around more unless Lennon can unearth a 20 a goal striker, I think that is hugely unlikely. I think we should concentrate on two signings to form a partnership or one to play with Murray if Lennon sees him as a starter. That combined with another striker or two for the bench and another goal scoring midfielder could give us goals from different players which could prove just as effective as our departed talisman.

number9dream
17-06-2017, 02:52 PM
I'd like to see us in for Lewis Morgan and Jordan Jones. Both good, young wide players with pace and an eye for goal.
Then we need a couple of new strikers.
I think Lennon will fancy another experienced target man like Holt.

Hibeesmad
17-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Wouldnt be surprised to see his replacement being someone who hasnt been linked with us yet..

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 02:55 PM

That's a weird thing to say.

First off, three of our strikers have moved on including the usual 1st choice pairing of Cummings and Holt with only one in you'd assume we're bringing in 2 more one of whom would be earmarked for starting every week.

But then the second thing - looking at our midfield and particularly our defence I'd say that going in with Murray, Boyle and Graham with Shaw as a backup you'd still be nowhere near a relegation battle.

If we steer clear of injuries to Gray and Stevenson I'd expect us to be right up there with anyone other than Celtic in terms of goals conceded and that alone would keep us well clear of the relegation teams conceding 60 - 70 goals.

Bob Box Fish
17-06-2017, 04:13 PM
That's a weird thing to say.

First off, three of our strikers have moved on including the usual 1st choice pairing of Cummings and Holt with only one in you'd assume we're bringing in 2 more one of whom would be earmarked for starting every week.

But then the second thing - looking at our midfield and particularly our defence I'd say that going in with Murray, Boyle and Graham with Shaw as a backup you'd still be nowhere near a relegation battle.

If we steer clear of injuries to Gray and Stevenson I'd expect us to be right up there with anyone other than Celtic in terms of goals conceded and that alone would keep us well clear of the relegation teams conceding 60 - 70 goals.

I think we are strong at the back. Need more goals from midfield as last season proved. Swanson should help. Hopefully mcginn will stay but I think we may cash in while he has two years or so left.

We struggled last year to kill teams off even with Jason's goals. This year the competition will be harder.

As I said we have plenty of time to find replacements but as we stand imo we will struggle.

I can't see how Lennon won't get the money to bring in replacements given season ticket revenue etc.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 05:36 PM
I think we are strong at the back. Need more goals from midfield as last season proved. Swanson should help. Hopefully mcginn will stay but I think we may cash in while he has two years or so left.

We struggled last year to kill teams off even with Jason's goals. This year the competition will be harder.

As I said we have plenty of time to find replacements but as we stand imo we will struggle.

I can't see how Lennon won't get the money to bring in replacements given season ticket revenue etc.

I think with McGinn it will depend on if someone comes in for him. It's clear that Celtic are not interested as they would have moved by now. They were sharp enough going for Hayes.

WhileTheChief..
17-06-2017, 05:40 PM
There's not been any hint of anyone coming in for McGinn.

Hopefully we'll hear of more potential signings next week.

madabouthibs
17-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Take it everyone's forgotten about Oli Shaw? Lad will get his chance next season, it seems Lennon believes in his ability at a higher level.
But yes, we still need at least one decent No.9 signing.

Andy74
17-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Take it everyone's forgotten about Oli Shaw? Lad will get his chance next season, it seems Lennon believes in his ability at a higher level.
But yes, we still need at least one decent No.9 signing.

Not forgetting. He's just not going to be Cummings' replacement.

We've seen loads of guys scoring at Shaw's level so we will need to just see what happens with him.

Steve20
17-06-2017, 06:06 PM
We won't get Boyle or Moult. No chance

GreenLake
17-06-2017, 06:06 PM
We need time to look for a replacement so we should sign free agent and goal scoring legend Robbie Keane for the season.

StevieCowan
17-06-2017, 06:09 PM

If they come to Hibs they'll easily treble their wages. One has a buy out clause and one has 1 year left on his deal.

Silver Fox
17-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Oli Shaw

bigwheel
17-06-2017, 06:13 PM
If they come to Hibs they'll easily treble their wages. One has a buy out clause and one has 1 year left on his deal.

If Boyce is a 500k championship or top league one target - then that's got to be around 5-6k per week salary...we have no chance to compete with that ...I would say, from a salary perspective, both are already out of our reach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 06:18 PM
If Boyce is a 500k championship or top league one target - then that's got to be around 5-6k per week salary...we have no chance to compete with that ...I would say, from a salary perspective, both are already out of our reach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobody has bid that yet though have they? At this point he is a Ross County player and we can offer him a significantly better deal than he currently has along with greater opportunity and profile.
I we offer the buy out figure then it's up to others to meet it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. We won't know unless we try.

Heisenberg
17-06-2017, 06:20 PM

I would tend to agree both are probably out of our range. Boyce would be the more likely of the two but it won't happen if there is genuine English Championship interest.

Sir David Gray
17-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Even before Cummings left we needed at least one striker, now we need two.

As I said on another thread earlier, this is a crucial period for the club now and we need to recruit well over the next few weeks and use the money we have just got from the Cummings sale, wisely.

We have been on an upward spiral over the last 12 months with record levels of season ticket sales. If we want that to continue then we need to make sure that we replace good players with more good players.

Hibby Bairn
17-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Oli Shaw

Exactly. It's the Premiership not La Liga. Time to step up.

truehibernian
17-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Wouldnt be surprised to see his replacement being someone who hasnt been linked with us yet..

Maybe take a climb down from Neil Lennon but I still have a nagging feeling we may move for Tony Watt.

Interesting he came out in the media this week about trying to force his way back into the Scotland fold - thought the timing of it strange (the media going to him for comment).

mjhibby
17-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Relegation. Eh no. The spl is poor as hopefully we will show next season. Who we get in as strikers will decide how high up the league we finish. Should be a good close season with loads of rumours of who we are going to sign the vast majority of the I'm hearing variety meaning a wild guess.lolm

hibbysam
17-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Exactly. It's the Premiership not La Liga. Time to step up.

Or you could say it's the Premiership not League one where Shaw struggled to score goals last year. He may become a very good player but if we are relying on him to bag 20 goals next season then the club are far less ambitious than I thought. We should, and will, I believe, be going for two far more proven prolific goal scorers this season.

Sioux
17-06-2017, 06:39 PM
I think with McGinn it will depend on if someone comes in for him.

Sherlock Holmes!

Heisenberg
17-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Maybe take a climb down from Neil Lennon but I still have a nagging feeling we may move for Tony Watt.

Interesting he came out in the media this week about trying to force his way back into the Scotland fold - thought the timing of it strange (the media going to him for comment).

I would be seriously worried if we thought Tony Watt was the answer. He's already proven he's not good enough at a couple of different clubs.

Is It On....
17-06-2017, 06:42 PM

I would be delighted with that....as it means our scouting is starting to work..Good scouting identifying relatively unknown players will be the key to our future success..

Golden Bear
17-06-2017, 06:45 PM
I heard a couple of stories early last season that Lennon was of the opinion that Jason was a difficult guy to find a striking partner for and that would probably explain why he was in and out of the team in the first half of the season.
Interesting to see what will happen now but Jason will be a difficult act to follow , that's for sure.

H18 SFR
17-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Holt to come back after all is my shout.

lord bunberry
17-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Sherlock Holmes!
:faf::faf::faf:

jacomo
17-06-2017, 07:16 PM

He's a waster. He'd be as useful as Islam Feruz.

truehibernian
17-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I would be seriously worried if we thought Tony Watt was the answer. He's already proven he's not good enough at a couple of different clubs.

I still think Hibs hope to land Stokes and he's our main target - Watt has talent and, you're bang on, has under achieved - probably down to immaturity and thinking he'd 'landed' after the Barca game. I watched a wee bit of him at Hearts and to be honest, often he was the best player on the pitch, being played well out of position and often having to come deep and wide to get the ball. Seems a affable character too - and the Hibs dressing room is full of those. Hearts isn't a good fit for any player at present, it's doom and gloom and long may that continue. It was the wrong move for Watt. Levein staying there as long as possible and destabilising things is ideal for us - I've not seen or met any Hearts player who looks genuinely happy to be there :aok:.

So if we get Whittaker, Stokes, Marciano and A N Other (striker) off the back of Jason's fee - I'll be well happy.

Being greedy I would like Henderson and GMS from Celtic too. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
17-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Go down to Oriam any morning when Hearts are training and they all look miserable as sin.