PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JASON CUMMINGS MOVES TO NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
17-06-2017, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7609)

stoneyburn hibs
17-06-2017, 11:02 AM
All the best wee man, thanks for the memories.

JeMeSouviens
17-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Good luck to Jason. He'll always be a cup winning, Jambo skelping hero!

Pedantic_Hibee
Leaves us as a legend. Thank you for everything.

hibee92
Good luck

Big_Franck
17-06-2017, 11:04 AM
All the best Jason. Thanks for all those goals against the saviles.

DarlingtonHibee
Good luck JC, always welcome back.

frazeHFC
Gutted to see him go. But now that it's done I'm looking forward to see who we bring in.

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2017, 11:05 AM
all the best to the wee man :agree:

:(

Ilovehibs
500k. Real shame.
Can see what Leeann is saying but 'undisclosed' tells its own story. 'Significant' maybe but not what he is worth.

Thank you and good luck Jason

Time for the club to get the right replacement in.

iwasthere1972
Good luck Jason. Will be watching your progress with interest and hope that Jeff Stelling mentions your name of a regular basis. Goals and not red cards of course. :aok:

jakedance
17-06-2017, 11:06 AM
He's a good lad that we'll be talking about for years. I hope he does well.

DarlingtonHibee
500k. Real shame.
Can see what Leeann us saying but 'undisclosed' tells its own story. 'Significant' maybe but not what he is worth.

Where does it say £500k?

Pretty Boy
All the best JC. Another cup winning legend departs.

He'll do well down there and there's a bigger move yet in him imo.

RoYO!
17-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Fantastic prospect who time and again delivered.

A lot of pressure was on him to get it done and he performed so well with this. In many ways his best performances were given in the very biggest games.

Thanks Jase!!

Also like the tone of the statement. Now if only the team across the city could command such player loyalty :P

Big_Franck
17-06-2017, 11:10 AM
500k. Real shame.
Can see what Leeann is saying but 'undisclosed' tells its own story. 'Significant' maybe but not what he is worth.

If we're just going to pluck figures out our ar** then £1.5m is decent money. Unlike over the road transfer income will be used to strengthen our squad. Onwards and upwards.

Stokesy's on fire
Good luck Jason! Thanks for so many amazing memories and nights spent laughing at some of your world class antics! A Scottish cup winner and a Hibernian legend for life. Good luck..make sure you remind Fanny hat about the cup final though :na na:

HFCdeb
All the best to the boy. Will be forever loved for the Cup and all those goals against the cow feeders.

RossScott1991
17-06-2017, 11:11 AM
I said last week it would announced as undisclosed after hearing from one of his best mates that it was 500k...

SlickShoes
17-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Started as a Hearts reject ended up a Hibs legend. I'll miss his goals and celebrations against Hearts. Welcome back any time.

iwasthere1972
Fantastic prospect who time and again delivered.

A lot of pressure was on him to get it done and he performed so well with this. In many ways his best performances were given in the very biggest games.

Thanks Jase!!

Also like the tone of the statement. Now if only the team across the city could command such player loyalty :P

No spelling mistakes either that I could see.

Sir David Gray
Gutted but not surprised.

I wish him all the best down there although I wish he didn't have Warburton as a manager.

I personally think he's going too early in his career but that's the way football is nowadays.

It's a crucial time for us now. Having just announced a record number of season ticket holders for next season we need to ensure that he's adequately replaced or we will struggle to add to that number.

Good luck Jason and thanks for the memories.

Elephant Stone
Pretty gutted about this but looks like the club had no choice, I'm glad they gave an explanation in the statement there.

Best of luck to Jason Cummings, loved watching him play. Hope so much that if he ever returns to Scotland it's to us.

Hibernian legend.

Smartie
The statement screams to me "we got something, which is better than nothing. The sum is low enough that you lot would probably have a riot if we told you, so we won't. In truth it doesn't reflect the player's true worth but what could we do? We're just happy to be promoted, to have had his goals and to at least have got something for him".

Which is entirely reasonable.

IGRIGI
Good luck Jason, hope the cash received is spent on bringing in someone who loves scoring against the others as much as you.

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Where does it say £500k?

His Dad.

S4uzee
I think he'll be back in Scotland within a couple of years

Brightside
500k. Real shame.

Ilovehibs? But I'll just make up a figure to have a dig at the club

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 11:14 AM
The statement screams to me "we got something, which is better than nothing. The sum is low enough that you lot would probably have a riot if we told you, so we won't. In truth it doesn't reflect the player's true worth but what could we do? We're just happy to be promoted, to have had his goals and to at least have got something for him".

Absolutely right. I totally understand the club's position but really disappointing to get so much less than Jase is worth.

Clearly we had to keep him to ensure promotion but it meant losing out on a bigger fee for him. Pretty galling.

Let's just say his agent will be rather comfortable right now. Jason too.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 11:16 AM
His Dad.

Christ, his Dad has thousands of mates. I'd rather trust Hibs than your bull****.

SmithyHibee
17-06-2017, 11:17 AM
One of the boys he was in Ibiza with when he left said it's £1.3mil, make of that what you will

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Absolutely right. I totally understand the club's position but really disappointing to get so much less than Jase is worth.

Clearly we had to keep him to ensure promotion but it meant losing out on a bigger fee for him. Pretty galling.

Let's just say his agent will be rather comfortable right now. Jason too.

Even if it was 100k your team gets none of it

Allant1981
17-06-2017, 11:18 AM
500k. Real shame.

doesnt say 500k anywnere in the article, I'm pretty sure none of us will find out the exact fee

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Ilovehibs? But I'll just make up a figure to have a dig at the club

Its not made up and I do love hibs. Thats why Im disappointed mate. As stated, I understand the club's position but still feel dusappointed.

What do you want me to say- Im chuffed we got alot less for him than we could have if his contract situation had been different.

PeeJay
17-06-2017, 11:19 AM
It'll be interesting to see how he develops as a footballer away from Easter Road and in a tougher league than the Championship - didn't rate him too highly myself as I find his development at Easter Road was pretty sluggish for some reason - he has some obvious talent though, so maybe with better coaching he will progress faster? Good luck to him.

RossScott1991
I reckon it's 500k and one of his mates I work with was telling truth, I got shot down last week on here. I even said it would be announced as undisclosed. Why would hibs make it clear what lasts years offer was ? But not this one ? Sadly hibs are doing clever way of making it undisclosed and saying things like "significant fee" to pull wool over our eyes. They have cocked up in receiving less than they should. IMO

hfc rd
All the very best to our cup winning legend! Deep down gutted to see you leave but thank you for the memories and I hope this move works out well for you!

matty_f
Good luck Jason, thanks for the cup win, promotion, and getting it right up the Yams.

RossScott1991
17-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Its not made up and I do love hibs. Thats why Im disappointed mate. As stated, I understand the club's position but still feel dusappointed.

What do you want me to say- Im chuffed we got alot less for him than we could have if his contract situation had been different.

I believe you mate I work with one his pals who said he has 500k release clause hibs promised him they'd let him go after promotion so didn't want to price teams out

Brightside
17-06-2017, 11:21 AM

U have totally made up the 500k or someone has told you lies. Your over a million out unless staff are lying.

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2017, 11:22 AM
U have totally made up the 500k or someone has told you lies. Your over a million out unless staff are lying.

A eegit from the pink slum

Brightside
This thread is reeeeeking of jealous puddle drinkers.

Ilovehibs
Christ, his Dad has thousands of mates. I'd rather trust Hibs than your bull****.

To use your term, it's not bull****.

As already said, understand why Hibs have got what they got. Just disappointed thats all.

stoneyburn hibs
17-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Add to that a certain Mr Petrie. He'd be having none of that.

AlbertK86
17-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I reckon it's 500k and one of his mates I work with was telling truth, I got shot down last week on here. I even said it would be announced as undisclosed. Why would hibs make it clear what lasts years offer was ? But not this one ? Sadly hibs are doing clever way of making it undisclosed and saying things like "significant fee" to pull wool over our eyes. They have cocked up in receiving less than they should. IMO

So why did NF make a bid in excess of £1 million......

Reported nearly everywhere it was a 7 figure sum

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

yonder1875
All the best, JC.

jax67
Best of luck for the future Cumdog!!

SaulGoodman

As already said, understand why Hibs have got what they got. Just disappointed thats all.

Away and stick a fiver in the cash cow

DTS

Pretty much every transfer in the world goes through as officially "undisclosed" you saying it would go through as undisclosed is like me saying that I told everyone hibs home kits going to be green this season then bragging that I got it right

Hfcwilson3192
17-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Aw the best jase cheers for the memories.

Ilovehibs
One of the boys he was in Ibiza with when he left said it's £1.3mil, make of that what you will

His Dad said that's the whole deal with Jason and his agent's fees built into it.

He said he had a release clause of 500k written into his contract.

Only repeating what he said. Was gutted when I heard.
Not bull****ing, not knocking the club at all, only repeating his Dad's words.

Anyway, let's hope we get an able replacement in soon.

livi hibs 1875
All the best JC

Hibs90
500k. Real shame.

It is not 500k, 7 figure sum.

Sad to see him go but all the best and I hope he smashes it down south:aok:

The Captain....
17-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Will miss his radgeness and pathological desire to score against the jambos..I hope we got a decent fee but fear it's a lot less than we might have hoped. Annoys me when fees are undisclosed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibs90
17-06-2017, 11:29 AM

It is 100% a 7 figure sum. Away you go and stick some pennies in the cash cow

Big_Franck
17-06-2017, 11:29 AM
This thread is reeeeeking of jealous puddle drinkers.

Totally.

To be fair, if we released a young Hibs supporting striker who went on to sign for them and he consistently scored against us, knocked us out the Scottish Cup TWICE, went on to win the Scottish Cup with them before earning them a 7 figure sum I'd be a bitter, jealous prick as well :greengrin

Speedway
17-06-2017, 11:30 AM
That move will send him on his way to becoming a Cumdog Millionaire

SmithyHibee
17-06-2017, 11:30 AM
His Dad said that's the whole deal with Jason and his agent's fees built into it.

All those fees are usually worked out as a percentage of the transfer so canny see that being the case at all, decent try though mate

brog
17-06-2017, 11:31 AM

Can you tell me the last time we disclosed a fee, either incoming or outgoing? It's always just newspaper speculation or the info comes from the other club, as with SJM. It was always long odds on the fee would be undisclosed, that in itself is meaningless.

Brightside
17-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Ross say hello to Abbie :greengrin :giruy2:

HibeeMackenzie
17-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Gutted he's away, Greg Stewart will be a fine replacement though

Andy74
17-06-2017, 11:33 AM

Nonsense.

poolman
17-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Go away

You are wasting our time

Holmesdale Hibs
17-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Sad to see him leave but good luck to him and sure he'll do well down there. Glad he didn't join one of the weejie teams.

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 11:36 AM
All those fees are usually worked out as a percentage of the transfer so canny see that being the case at all, decent try though mate

Not a decent try mate at anything.

Saying what I was told. Might be wrong- I really hope it is.
Would love the club to get more for him.

Hiber-nation
17-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Good luck Jase. Anything over a million is a good deal as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to getting the replacement in now.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Jasons Dad certainly loves to discuss his sons affairs with all and sundry eh? Anyone who has been within a mile of the guy seems to have the inside scoop. If that was my Dad I'd be having a wee word about respecting my privacy.

rotherhamrob
Isn't it great how some people just pick numbers out the air and state them as fact.
Maybe it's undisclosed as we don't want other teams knowing that we've got £5million to play with 😎

SunshineOnLeith
500k. Real shame.

£637 million. Great piece of business.

berwickhibee
17-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Of all the people on here who have a great record of being right and in the know underscore is right up there,so the truth is we have got over £1.5 million,well done Hibs,great business,and well done Leanne and Neil lennon getting the lad to sign a new deal. Now let's trust the club to bring in the right players.:thumbsup:

Hibs90
17-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Not a decent try mate at anything.

Saying what I was told. Might be wrong- I really hope it is.
Would love the club to get more for him.

What you have been told is wrong.

Wheat Hound
17-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Nottingham Post reporting the fee as in excess of a million. Would imagine they would have a better idea than some boys mates dads brothers uncle that had a mate that knew a boy that used to live next door to Jason's dad.

drumatic44
Gutted he's away, Greg Stewart will be a fine replacement though
Sell on percentage clause perhaps, ?

RossScott1991
It is 100% a 7 figure sum. Away you go and stick some pennies in the cash cow

Zzzz feel free to find me on twitter you can see what club I support through that.

Mr White
All the best JC, thanks for the goals, the entertainment and of course the assist for our first in the cup final.

Big_Franck
17-06-2017, 11:42 AM
http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-taking-bit-of-a-gamble-on-jason-cummings/story-30395481-detail/story.html

The Nottingham Post saying that it's a 7 figure fee.

Happy with that after signing him for nothing, a Scottish Cup win and all those goals against hearts.

beensaidbefore
17-06-2017, 11:42 AM
What you have been told is wrong.

Whst do you know? Please sharenit with us.

Hibs90
17-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Whst do you know? Please sharenit with us.

All I know is that is a 7 figure sum. These rumours of 500k are nonsense.

GlasgowHibee
Gutted. All the best JC35.

beensaidbefore
Thr only one on here providing any kind of substantiated comment is i love hibs. Not saying he is right, but if you are gonna post 'you are wrong' etc please back it up with something, otherwise your opinion is useless, and an attempt to show you are 'in thr know'.

beensaidbefore
17-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Y
All I know is that is a 7 figure sum. These rumours of 500k are nonsense.

Ok, how do you know that? If you are gonna slag the boy off you need to back up your statement mate.

Sean1875
I said last week it would announced as undisclosed after hearing from one of his best mates that it was 500k...

**** me, every single post i've seen from you on here this last week has been you ramming this ***** down people's throats, give it a rest.

Mr White
Thr only one on here providing any kind of substantiated comment is i love hibs. Not saying he is right, but if you are gonna post 'you are wrong' etc please back it up with something, otherwise your opinion is useless, and an attempt to show you are 'in thr know'.

That's a pretty loose interpretation of "substantiated".

Andy74

Substantiated aye? Load of nonsense.

beensaidbefore
17-06-2017, 11:46 AM
**** me, every single post i've seen from you on here this last week has been you ramming this ***** down people's throats, give it a rest.

Do you know any better?

Keyser Sauzee
SSN reported a 7 figure fee at the end of last week and the don't report things they aren't sure of as they have excellent contacts obviously, I would trust them and believe we have received over £1M for JC

Sean1875
i imagine part of the reason it will have been undisclosed will be to prevent other clubs in scotland ect. bumping up their prices for players if they know we've definitely just taken in 1 million+ on Jase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
17-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Substantiated aye? Load of nonsense.

So what do you know? He is backing up why he thinks he is right, everyone else is saying stuff without backing up why they have formed their opinion.

Andy74
A lot of sore, obsessed Jambos in this thread. It's pathetic.

where'stheslope
Isn't it great how some people just pick numbers out the air and state them as fact.
Maybe it's undisclosed as we don't want other teams knowing that we've got £5million to play with ��

At last!!!!!

Someone who knows how business works, this way it keeps whoever we buy as a replacement price reasonable not way over the score as we have money to burn!!!!!

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 11:48 AM

Dunno like.

I saw JCs Dad walking his dog last night and he had a pair of Levi 501s on. Clearly a subliminal message that we got £501K for him.

Oh no wait, I just made that up.

beensaidbefore

Do you know anything, or just calling people out?

Big_Franck
They are all coming out the woodwork today.

7 figure sum for a Hibs cup winning legend. Roond yez :greengrin

Andy74
17-06-2017, 11:49 AM

You're trying too hard.

Sean1875
17-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Do you know any better?

every media source both in Scotland and Nottingham has been saying it's 7 figure fee. Kenny Millar who is 99% spot on with Hibs related news says it's a 7 figure fee. underscore on here who is known to be a poster with great contacts involved with the club says it's a 7 figure fee.

But if you want to believe someone that says it's 500k because they know someone in their work who apparently is pals with JC then feel free..

Ryan69
17-06-2017, 11:50 AM
500k. Real shame.

Nowhere does it say 500k

Brightside

He is wrong due to the fact that Jason's Dad has no idea what the financial agreement is between Hibs and Notts Forest. Assuming he has been telling people these stories then HE is guessing. Its more likely that the guy hasn't said a word.

Mr White

:hilarious

I don't know anything about it no. But neither am I calling anyone out either. There's no substance to any of the stuff here it's all either conjecture or mischief making in my opinion.

Pretty Boy
So what do you know? He is backing up why he thinks he is right, everyone else is saying stuff without backing up why they have formed their opinion.

Most people are going by the sports press reporting a '7 figure bid'. £500K isn't 7 figures and for all their faults the rags are normally not far off when it comes to Hibs transfer stuff. We aren't important enough to justify making stuff up.

That's more reliable than 'Jasons Dad discussed his sons personal business and disclosed details that may be confidential to my mate'.

DH1875
17-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Did we not like knock back an £1.8 million bid for him last year? Why would we accept £500k for him now? For that matter, why would we even entertain a £500k release clause :confused:

iwasthere1972
17-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Dunno like.

I saw JCs Dad walking his dog last night and he had a pair of Levi 501s on. Clearly a subliminal message that we got £501K for him.

Oh no wait, I just made that up.

Oh come on now, the dog was wearing a pair of Levi 501's. :rolleyes:

Had you been drinking.

lyonhibs
17-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Does it really matter the​ exact fee? He's gone, we move on and trust Lennon to spend whatever money we got wisely.

beensaidbefore
17-06-2017, 11:52 AM
every media source both in Scotland and Nottingham has been saying it's 7 figure fee. Kenny Millar who is 99% spot on with Hibs related news says it's a 7 figure fee. underscore on here who is known to be a poster with great contacts involved with the club says it's a 7 figure fee.

But if you want to believe someone that says it's 500k because they know someone in their work who apparently is pals with JC then feel free..

Now that is a fair enough comment. Basically what I was asking the rest to do rather than say wrong without anything to back up.

WhileTheChief..
17-06-2017, 11:53 AM
If we got anything between 500k - 1m then it's a great bit of business for us.

Cost us nothing, helped us win the Cup and Promotion, scored a few against Hearts and now brings in some cash.

Time to move on and get a better replacement in which I completely trust Lennon to do.

JeMeSouviens
My dad has no idea what I get paid or any details of my contract.

Deansy
Personally I think it's a season too soon for him but I wish him well and thank him for some wonderful memories !

Oh - and many thanks to the Jambos for the fee we received !. Despite their own financial hard-ships, they were decent enough to spare a thought for the 'wee team' in giving us JC for nowt ................. nothing ................... zero ....................nada ......... zilch ...................

calumhibee1
Delivered the goods consistently and in so many big games along with having an infectious personality. Good luck wee man, a Hibs legend and always welcome back.

OtleyHibs
17-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Sorry to see him go, great finisher and hopefully for him he can progress well and earn a bigger move in future.

Seemed determined to help get us back up and has achieved that, gave us all some great memories along the way.

Picking him up after Hearts pretty much shafted him has turned out to be a great move for both him and us. I've no problem with him going, he repaid us in goals and by signing the extension that has now brought us a decent fee.

All the best at Forest Jason, hope somehow you succeed whilst warburton fails : )

beensaidbefore
:hilarious

I don't know anything about it no. But neither am I calling anyone out either. There's no substance to any of the stuff here it's all either conjecture or mischief making in my opinion.

In your opinion. Thats the point.why does anyone care about your opinion unless it informed in some way. If it is please share otherwise whT is the point?

Scooter
Agent Scotland says 1.4million us 15%sell on.

Why does alot of people think the undiscolsed means hibs are hiding something sinister. Maybe because hibs are very active in he transfer market (Ashod for 1) they don't want other clubs knowing what they have made and bump up prices

Brightside
i imagine part of the reason it will have been undisclosed will be to prevent other clubs in scotland ect. bumping up their prices for players if they know we've definitely just taken in 1 million+ on Jase.

Exactly... We would be pretty stupid to announce what cash we have available for players!

JeMeSouviens
17-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Personally I think it's a season too soon for him but I wish him well and thank him for some wonderful memories !

He's continuing the theme of being the Reverse Robbo. So he comes back with his tail between his legs and scores a ****load against them. :wink:

DarlingtonHibee

Away back to Jkb.

guthrie01

All the regular "in the know" guys are saying 7 figures or £1.5 and all the media posts are reflecting this, but of course some guy named "ILoveHibs" must be correct because "aye Jason's dad told me so."
It's hilarious how upset some of you lot are about this deal.

Since90+2
17-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Did we not like knock back an £1.8 million bid for him last year? Why would we accept £500k for him now? For that matter, why would we even entertain a £500k release clause :confused:

Because the club had to be promoted last season. If we had sold Jason last summer I'm not sure we would have won the league.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Changing your story now you jambo....

Lago
17-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Going to be a problem for me now, between hoping the bread man fails & Jason is a success.

superfurryhibby
Now that is a fair enough comment. Basically what I was asking the rest to do rather than say wrong without anything to back up.

Ithink Underscore merely summarised what was written on this thread already. His educated guess is more to be trusted than sympathisers of another club masquerading as Hibees

livi hibs 1875

YSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking also

Mr White
In your opinion. Thats the point.why does anyone care about your opinion unless it informed in some way. If it is please share otherwise whT is the point?

Ok jasons dad told me it's more than 500K.

By your logic that's substantiated and therefore valid is it? Cos it's just a load of pish written by some random (in this case me) on an online forum to most folks.

WoreTheGreen
17-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Good luck son our begging pink friends will sleep a tad easier with thier sisters tonight

Big_Franck
17-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Because the club had to be promoted last season. If we had sold Jason last summer I'm not sure we would have won the league.

That doesn't make any sense. Cummings signed a new contract in July 2016 and we rejected a bid from Peterborough of about £1.7m in August 2016. If the release clause was anywhere near 500k YTF would Peterborough bid 3 times that amount, and how could we have rejected it?

Seveno
17-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Best of luck, Jason. Thanks for all the goals and all the laughs.

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Away back to Jkb.

I am not a jambo. No need to be offensive.

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2017, 12:09 PM

good point

Ilovehibs
17-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Changing your story now you jambo....

Have not changed 'my story' .
As said already, was only saying what I heard.
In no way am I jambo. End of.

supermcginn
17-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Gutted, need 2 new proven forwards asap

B.H.F.C
17-06-2017, 12:12 PM
I thought he'd go this summer. Glad it's happened now. Hope we move quickly to replace him. I'm pretty confident, unlike in the past, that we will be well down the road in that sense.

Promotion and Scottish Cup winner, couldn't really ask for more from a 21 year old.

Skol
17-06-2017, 12:16 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Cummings signed a new contract in July 2016 and we rejected a bid from Peterborough of about £1.7m in August 2016. If the release clause was anywhere near 500k YTF would Peterborough bid 3 times that amount, and how could we have rejected it?

The release clause could have a time stamp on it.

i.e. by signing Jason knew he was committing to a year and we would not sell but also know that 1/6/17 the release clause would be £500k

I can see why we did this and he probably wouldnt have stayed without such a deal. I just hope there is a sell on clause as well

SRHibs
17-06-2017, 12:16 PM

I think the fact every outlet apart from the one poster with the "substantiated" claim is saying 7 figures plus tell us all we need to know. The poster is going against the grain so the only burden of proof is on him.

Heisenberg
17-06-2017, 12:19 PM
500k. Real shame.

500k? Swing and a miss. It was a seven figure fee.

Roxyhibee
17-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Good luck Jason. You brought us so much fun in our darkest years and join a long, distinguished line of other Yam torturers, .. Riordan, Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Stanton, ORourke, Cropley, Baker, etc etc etc...

Seven figure sum stolen from them, painful goals endured, pumped them out of 2 Scottish Cups, and had a huge hand in ripping the last pathetic pages out of their medieval song book.

Always welcome back at ER.

hfc rd
17-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Sky Sports stating that the deal is worth in excess of £1M to Hibs

Ryan69
17-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Does it really matter the​ exact fee? He's gone, we move on and trust Lennon to spend whatever money we got wisely.

Are you for real?
It is pretty relevant!

would you want 500k in the bank or 1million? Or not be bothered.

SRHibs
17-06-2017, 12:26 PM

I'll not believe it until it's from a substantiated source like JC's uncle's dog.

madhatter
17-06-2017, 12:27 PM
500k is just drivel, never heard a club rejecting a 1.7m (instalments included) to then verbally agree the player can leave for a 1/3 of that value next season just to keep him.

So let me get this straight:
Player has longer contract
Another season scoring 20+ goals
Added set pieces to his game
Had a bid rejected worth 1.7m for him when he had 1 year left on his contract...

But goes for 500k

Club will have got decent cash, we move on, these Hearts fan or saboteurs should just get lost to be honest.

WhileTheChief..
17-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Couldn't care less what the fee was, it's irrelevant to us as fans other than for some kind of bragging rights or comfort blanket.

The club said they got a good deal. That's good enough for me.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Who actually came up with the £500k release clause?

The club, the player and his agent would have been well aware that he'd be worth more than that.

high bee
17-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Kenny Millar - usually spot on, states it's 7 figures.
Nottingham post - states £1.8 million.
Multiple other papers - state between £1 and 1.4 million (some mention a sell on fee).

Think I will put my faith in those figures. Somewhere in your chain of information there is someone of a maroon persuasion trying to stir it, but I'm sure you already know that.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Has the club not realised yet that all figures to do with transfers are decided by someone on .net. Once that figure has been announced by a poster the club can have no say in the matter.

Marco G
17-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Sorry to see him go, but good business for us. No point trying to keep a player who is set on leaving. As Leeann says, if he had not signed the contract last summer he could have left for nothing this summer, plus the disruption signing a pre contract might have caused. I think as per usual under our new regime we will have come out of it with the best possible deal.

Now we move on and sign some more strikers.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

madhatter
17-06-2017, 12:33 PM

What was their source? We've got far more credible sources here, we've had one which suggests it went down like "I'm his da' and he's going for £500k before tax, here I can show you the paperwork if you want to know the exact value...Jase said it was fine, go on just a have a look at the transfer papers...go on go on go on!"

truehibernian
17-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Multiple other papers - state between £1 and 1.4 million (some mention a sell on fee).

Think I will put my faith in those figures. Somewhere in your chain of information there is someone of a maroon persuasion trying to stir it, but I'm sure you already know that.

....the same week they only got £400,000 for Paterson and lose Nicolson for nixy :cb

hfc rd
17-06-2017, 12:35 PM

This!

Sky Sports are also stating that it is in excess of £1M.

Dobosz83
17-06-2017, 12:35 PM
All the best Jason Cummings. You've left the club a legend who will always be welcome back at Easter Road!

As for the bickering regarding the 'fee' and the money involved etc. we will never actually find out and I honestly couldn't care less. I'm finally in a position where I totally and utterly trust the board to get it right and I fully expect some exciting signings into the club on the back of this news...

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Whatever we got, and I hope it's a 7 figure sum, is a 7 figure sum more than Hearts got for him

Just want to say, best of luck to Jason, thank you for the goals and the laughs, and thank you for sticking it up our pinky chums, every time you scored against them😄

hfc rd
17-06-2017, 12:38 PM
What was their source? We've got far more credible sources here, we've had one which suggests it went down like "I'm his da' and he's going for £500k before tax, here I can show you the paperwork if you want to know the exact value...Jase said it was fine, go on just a have a look at the transfer papers...go on go on go on!"

I'm sure someone said it was his uncles dug?

wookie70
17-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Hardest position on the pitch to find a replacement for so will be interesting to see what Lennon does. He will probably have to go for multiple players rather than a single replacement to fill the goal gap. That may work well but there is something about a talisman striker particularly in big games. The press release indicates we got a fee considerably less than offered last year but the reasons stated are what we have all been asking the club to do for years - put footballing ambition first.

Good luck to Jason, I think he has the skill, determination and most importantly the attitude to do very well down south. A cup winning legend who leaves with lots of positive memories and a couple of medals. Not bad for a Hearts reject.

penihibs
17-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Good luck son was a pleasure watching you play for Hibs.
You seemed to enjoy it aswell.
Welcome back anytime.
Cup winning legend..

high bee
17-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Why do I have the feeling £500k for Cummings is gonna be the new £150k for Griffiths?

Let's sell no one else please so we can see what it says in the annual accounts.

green day
17-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Dinnae let facts get in the way of a hysterical outburst, eh?

He signed a contract last summer in the certain knowledge that he was offski if we got promotion.

Thats called a deal that suits both sides.

He could also have walked then or in January, and we would have been screwed. He didnt (remember, Lennon talked to him in France?).

Good luck to the laddie - we got him for nowt, he scored 70+ goals and won the Scottish Cup - his move is well deserved.

madhatter
17-06-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm sure someone said it was his uncles dug?

That makes sense, Jase's dog would have shared that info. Jase probably took him along for the negotiations and the wee pest has spread the word in the animal kingdom.

Lessen to all football clubs and footballers out there, do not have animals present during the negotiations. They simply can't be trusted.

Jim44
17-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Cummings £500k fee will become the new Griffiths £150k fee, except we know that that was nonsense. Some folk will say that 'undisclosed' is used to stop other clubs knowing about the millions we now have to spend. :rolleyes:

GreenLake
17-06-2017, 12:44 PM
When Hearts declare how much they got for his sell on fee we can calculate the total transfer amount.

Surely they wouldn't have let a brilliant prospect like Cummings go without a sell on fee right?

Captain Trips
17-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Well whatever it was it wasn't enough money if going down south. I wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him become the player I think he can and thats top drawer.

21sMay
17-06-2017, 12:46 PM
1.1million with add on for goals scored and a sell on fee. That's from the uncle's dog!!

madhatter
17-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Reject 1.7-1.8m to create interest and bump up his price whilst he signs an extended contract.

Undisclosed whilst selling means club remain professional and there is nothing to gain after the money.

Find it remarkable that people find it suspicious that Hibs are not disclosing the value after he's sold. Can I ask those that find this strange, why would they? If we sold him for £200m why would club reveal that? If we sold him for a pack of cigarettes why would club reveal that?

21sMay
17-06-2017, 12:48 PM
We will soon see . If we spend any sort of cash then that basically guarantees we got over a million I'd imagine as 500k would go straight into the club and not transfer fees. Obviously this is my opinion

Lago
17-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Who actually came up with the £500k release clause?

The club, the player and his agent would have been well aware that he'd be worth more than that.
Some guy called I love hibs apparently, some mate told him.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 12:49 PM
We will soon see . If we spend any sort of cash then that basically guarantees we got over a million I'd imagine as 500k would go straight into the club and not transfer fees. Obviously this is my opinion

Ffs, another Jambo!

madhatter
17-06-2017, 12:50 PM

Don't think we can use that as an indicator - we could attract a huge player for free but require to pay his wages...

On time unlike some clubs!

heidtheba
17-06-2017, 12:51 PM
An undisclosed fee isn't necessarily as bad as we think. We're all now looking towards bringing in a good player, a player who might have an inflated asking price if our selling price for Jason was known. Maybe this works to our advantage.

WoreTheGreen
17-06-2017, 12:52 PM
That makes sense, Jase's dog would have shared that info. Jase probably took him along for the negotiations and the wee pest has spread the word in the animal kingdom.

Lessen to all football clubs and footballers out there, do not have animals present during the negotiations. They simply can't be trusted.

Maybe his dug is from the same litter as Harry Redknap

CallumLaidlaw
Reports in Nottingham apparently saying £1m up front with £800k of addons

21sMay
[QUOTE=madhatter;5073706]Don't think we can use that as an indicator - we could attract a huge player for free but require to pay his wages...

On time unlike some

Very true.

NAE NOOKIE
17-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Cheerio JC and the very best of luck to you .... loved the goals against the Yams and their parent club along the M8 ..... welcome back at Easter Road any time ya wee legend :not worth

Its hard to believe which stories to believe regarding the fee, but most of the media including the Nottingham papers are quoting in excess of a million quid so that seems most likely. However, I'm also hearing differing stories regarding how much is in the Tynecastle cash cow and that it will also eventually be given as an undisclosed amount :greengrin

Mind you ...... Having looked at all 5 pages of this thread its pretty clear that there's a few folk on it who will have a better idea of what's going on at the Wongadome than most of us :aok:

mcohibs
17-06-2017, 12:54 PM

So what you're saying is there are a number of different sources that differ by an amount of 800k. What exactly is it that you're putting your faith in then? You don't know what the figure is just as much as I or the poster you're accusing of being a jambo.

kaimendhibs
17-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Good luck JC

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Sorry where does it say £500k in that statement...that's right nowhere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I believe you mate I work with one his pals who said he has 500k release clause hibs promised him they'd let him go after promotion so didn't want to price teams out
Yes you've said ...several times now 👍

Unseen work
17-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Seven figure sum so could be anything.

good luck jase you deserve it and you never let us down.

Move to a very good and big club hopefully on the rise again.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Sorry where does it say £500k in that statement...that's right nowhere

Don't humour them, their even rubbish at hiding it.

jacomo
17-06-2017, 01:05 PM
seven figure sum so could be anything.

Good luck jase you deserve it and you never let us down.

Move to a very good and big club hopefully on the rise again.

£9,999,950.

Fact

Fanforlife
17-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Don't humour them, their even rubbish at hiding it.

Seeing as Hertz are not accustomed to seeing annual accounts they can be forgiven for not realising that the fee will be shown on Hibs accounts by the time AGM takes place.

Hibby70
17-06-2017, 01:08 PM
£9,999,950.

Fact

It was £10m when we put him in a bag.

Since90+2
17-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Will always be remembered for the 1st goal in the Hear7s bottle job at Tynecastle on the way to us winning the Scottish. Cheers JC!

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Will always be remembered for the 1st goal in the Hear7s bottle job at Tynecastle on the way to us winning the Scottish. Cheers JC!

That looping header one , when all you Could from the library was the sound of there bottle crashing

banarc7062
17-06-2017, 01:17 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7609)

Hope you have every success in your new adventure. Very best wishes Jason. GGTTH

theonlywayisup
17-06-2017, 01:19 PM
That looping header one , when all you Could from the library was the sound of there bottle crashing

To think the Hertz could have stopped us winning the Scottish Cup right there at Tiny.

They didn't and the rest is history with legends born on the 21st May 2016.

Pleasing! Very pleasing!

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Have Hibs ever announced anything other than undisclosed?

JohnM1875
17-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Haven't been this gutted about losing a player in a long, long time!

Absolutely loved JC! We're really going to miss him and hope it doesn't effect the dressing room too much as well. The players always talk about how great he is and how infectious his patter was.

Good luck! And I really hope he kicks on from this and proves how good he really is!

Waxy
17-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Best of luck at Notts Forest to Jason. Legend.

Greencore
17-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Really hope we have benefited from this transfer and not sold for peanuts.

Gutted, going to be hard to replace our top goal scorer.

Good luck Jason.

lucky
17-06-2017, 01:37 PM

Agree with most of this but the club should have been honest and said we got xxxx amount for him as it was part of his contract he signed last year. It's a bit disingenuous of Hibs not to be transparent on this.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Leaves too early imo

Wish him all the best nonetheless and thanks for the memories Jase.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Agree with most of this but the club should have been honest and said we got xxxx amount for him as it was part of his contract he signed last year. It's a bit disingenuous of Hibs not to be transparent on this.

Can you show where the club have not been honest? Where have you read we only got xxxx amount because it was in his contract? Can you post a link?

Super_JMcGinn
17-06-2017, 01:43 PM
A source of huge frustration at times but more often than not he turned up in the big games with crucial goals. All the best Jason you will forever be a legend in the fans eyes.

staunchhibby
17-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Once again another class player goes prior to start of season.Dissapointed that the board took a vow of silence.Pity we had to read about it on the forum

ozhibs
17-06-2017, 01:44 PM

I'm guessing it is so other clubs don't bump up their prices for their players by saying you got X amount so you can afford a bit more ?

Andy74
17-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Or what you've said could just be plain wrong? Hibs aren't saying it was in his contract.

andyf5
17-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Actually that's exactly how I read Leeann's statement in that we did not get much for him. I also thought the statement was quite honest and open. She made quite clear to me that they had worked hard to keep him and that his agent was heavily involved in the new contract. At the end of the day he will have looked after his career and income.

B.H.F.C
17-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Why, at a time when we are more than likely going to be bidding for players, would we want to let other clubs know how much we've just taken in ourselves?

poolman
17-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Dearie me

Out in force today I see

Jealous are we because we got him from you clowns and made him into a far better player and received a seven figure sum for him

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 01:49 PM
So what you're saying is there are a number of different sources that differ by an amount of 800k. What exactly is it that you're putting your faith in then? You don't know what the figure is just as much as I or the poster you're accusing of being a jambo.

But the massive difference there is he's quoting sources all of which consistently are in the 7 figure category (which is a broadly acceptable figure) rather than £500k which is a figure that to the casual observer looks like **** stirring by a puddle drinker.

Big difference between not knowing the exact fee and making up information to go on the wind up.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Hammer of the hearts, leaves with his head held high and the promise of even greater things. All the best son.

Haste ye back.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Marco G
17-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Actually that's exactly how I read Leeann's statement in that we did not get much for him. I also thought the statement was quite honest and open. She made quite clear to me that they had worked hard to keep him and that his agent was heavily involved in the new contract. At the end of the day he will have looked after his career and income.
She said "The club has secured a significant sum" So how do you think that means she is saying we did not get much for him???

Wish that folk would realise that we do have a sharp management team who will not be caught out by any contractual deals imho!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Andy74
17-06-2017, 01:53 PM

No she's not. She's saying we managed to get him to agree a new deal to keep him for last year and get a significant sum for him this year.

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 01:55 PM
No she's not. She's saying we managed to get him to agree a new deal to keep him for last year and get a significant sum for him this year.

Why did she have to say all this though? Should have just said undisclosed fee!

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Where does it say £500k?
We really need to sort the wheat out from the chaff here.

My mate from Newark is a forest season ticket holder and he's adamant it's £1.5m plus sell ons. About as reliable as jealous yams who abandoned Jason before we signed him but there you go

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Once again another class player goes prior to start of season.Dissapointed that the board took a vow of silence.Pity we had to read about it on the forum

When else are they going to leave? In the middle of the season? How is that better?

The board don't cater to your peace of mind, they gain nothing from publicising transfer dealings so they rightfully don't do it.

Frazerbob
17-06-2017, 01:59 PM
I bet he teaches his teammates the Warburton song within a week of preseason starting. Will miss his radgeness as much as his goals.

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 02:03 PM

Wow. That's a really daft question.

Last year's offer was an offer the club refused and that alone would mean it merits different treatment to an offer we accepted.

In publicising the amount of this (or any) offer the club refuses we will be looking to do a number of things - show the supporters we're keen to retain talent over money, make it clear to other clubs that we value a player above a certain range, make a statement about the size of the club and probably a few other things.

There is little or no value to the club in publicising an amount we did accept. It's either more than we want people to know we just banked or less than some people think JC was worth. At best it says something about how big we think the club is but I reckon that wouldn't be worth the prices of all our targets getting bumped up.

As for the cocked up bit.
If you think your opinion on how to run a football club trumps Dempster's then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

SanFranHibs
17-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Maybe it's undisclosed as we don't want other teams knowing that we've got £5million to play with 😎

Not agreeing with the 500k, but does the above not apply equally to the oft quoted £1.3m? I don't believe the 500k and frankly would be stunned if it were true.

Anyhow, good luck to JC. Thanks for the memories and particularly the goals against them.

I have two Forest supporting friends here in Dallas. At last, we have something meaningful to talk about :greengrin

Andy74
17-06-2017, 02:06 PM

To explain why we've sold our top scorer a year into a new deal.

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Genuine question to those who know more about contractual matters than I do:

Would it not be the case that JC (and therefore by extension his Dad and any assorted canines) would only have visibility into their own contract and not the details of the sale which would be known only to HFC and NFFC?

I can see he may know a release clause value that's in his own contract but wouldn't the sale value be something he wasn't aware of?

Mikey
17-06-2017, 02:07 PM
500k is the new 150k!

madhatter
17-06-2017, 02:08 PM

Probably in an attempt to stop people speculating like you are...

Billy Whizz
To explain why we've sold our top scorer a year into a new deal.

No worries, just think she should have wished him the best and moved on

Super_JMcGinn

I imagine she said it to give the doubters on this thread as much info as was needed, it seems like a very well worded statement as always from Leeann.

DarlingtonHibee
Where were you expecting to read it, the Times.

HH81
17-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Anyone know how long the contract is with forest?

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Anyone know how long the contract is with forest?

4 years

HH81
17-06-2017, 02:11 PM
4 years

He should be on a decent wage then.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Is this the 500k for STF's cut?

[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

1875Sean
17-06-2017, 02:15 PM
4 years

It's a 3 year deal

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 02:16 PM
I imagine she said it to give the doubters on this thread as much info as was needed, it seems like a very well worded statement as always from Leeann.

I think every half sensible Hibs fan, know that our top players will move on to bigger and better things, if they have the ability. I just hate players heading along the M8

Billy Whizz
17-06-2017, 02:16 PM
It's a 3 year deal

That what's on the Forest website

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 02:18 PM
It's a 3 year deal

Apologies misread the news article.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Has anyone posted a link to the £500k story? No? Why not?

BH Hibs
17-06-2017, 02:22 PM
All the best Jason hope you kick on and we see you in a Scotland shirt. Mon the Cumdog.

Vault Boy
17-06-2017, 02:25 PM
All the best Jason. I'm gutted he's away but want nothing but success for the guy, a complete Hibs legend and was always destined to be.

From Heinz to Hearts to Hampden. Hero.

Jag7
17-06-2017, 02:26 PM
People have weird minds, that statement never hinted that we didn't get enough for him or that the club or Jason did anything wrong, all handled professionally as far as I can see after we got promotion, good luck to jase and I hope he does well, thanks for the memories !!

givescotlandfreedom
17-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Ah well he's gone somewhere out the Fintry at least which is better than celtc or sevco. I'm not sure he'll do great in the championship though, very physical league and when he's not scoring goals his contribution isn't great. Hope he does well though and thanks for the promotion and cup win.

Onion
17-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Best of luck to Jason. Broke onto the scene just before our darkest days and then helped grab the club by the whats its and drag us up to heights most of us could only dream of.

All his goals against the Huns - touch of an angel.
His looping header at the PBS in the SCQ with 10 to go, then the winner in the replay.
His outrageous dinked pen miss at Hampeden in the Cup semi, then the balls to score the winner in the shootout.
The lad could write a book ... but will have to make do meantime with Scottish Cup Winning Legend and Championship winner.

We will sorely miss his gallus nature and outrageous confidence, as well as all his goals.

Jason Cummings, Legend on Loan to Forest until it's time to come home. :flag:

kevo1875
17-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Good luck with the next chapter of your career, hope u r successful down there and become a Scotland regular ...thanks for all u gave hibs ..cup legend and hammer of the hearts

lord bunberry
17-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I'm gutted he's gone, but I hope he goes down there and proves to be a huge success.

Allant1981
17-06-2017, 02:52 PM

would you rather the player went in january? why should the board have told us?

Hibeesmad
17-06-2017, 02:53 PM
He will be a big miss but hes not irreplaceable- time to put the extra funds towards strengthening a team capable of achieving European qualification.

Onwards and Upwards

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2017, 02:59 PM
All the best JC, you leave a cup winning legend. :top marks

As i thought with Riordan, i dont think he has the game for playing in the English Championship, but i suppose he is young and might improve.

I think we will see him back before those 3 years are out, hopefully back here.

WhileTheChief..
17-06-2017, 03:00 PM

You could have have read it on the club website.

Did you look there or come on here first? Bizarre complaint.

1875Sean
17-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Bizarre some people's reactions to an undisclosed fee! Just read Johnny Hayes joined Celtic for an an undisclosed fee as the majority of clubs say that now and have done for years

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Have not changed 'my story' .
As said already, was only saying what I heard.
In no way am I jambo. End of.

What you heard was a fiction on Jkb, probably posted by you. At hibs we prefer to deal in FACTS.

Iain G
17-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Bizarre some people's reactions to an undisclosed fee! Just read Johnny Hayes joined Celtic for an an undisclosed fee as the majority of clubs say that now and have done for years

so it was £500k too then? :greengrin

hibee316
17-06-2017, 03:29 PM
All the best JC, you leave a cup winning legend. :top marks

As i thought with Riordan, i dont think he has the game for playing in the English Championship, but i suppose he is young and might improve.

I think we will see him back before those 3 years are out, hopefully back here.

He does seem to have a much better attitude than Riordan.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Morganleith
17-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Just glad he's not gone along the M8.
Good luck to him. Forrest are a great club that hopefully will be on the up

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Hibs announce the fee they rejected from Posh to show they 'mean business'.

Hibs refuse to announce fee actually sold for as it's in their best interests not to do so.

Seems simple to me but a 10 pager clearly suggests otherwise.

heretoday
17-06-2017, 03:39 PM
So farewell, Jason. We will miss your shock

of fair hair.

Hope you get some goals

down there.
:aok:

The Leith Dutch
17-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Hibs announce the fee they rejected from Posh to show they 'mean business'.

Hibs refuse to announce fee actually sold for as it's in their best interests not to do so.

Seems simple to me but a 10 pager clearly suggests otherwise.

This.
It's properly mental that people think that stating the amount of an offer we rejected means they should or would announce the amount of an offer we accepted. They're two completely different scenarios.

7 Up
17-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Not sure if this has been talked about earlier in the thread, but I think what we may really come to miss is the attitude Jason always brought to derbies. He had a winning mentality in those games and always seemed good value for a goal against them too.

McD
17-06-2017, 04:02 PM

You do know this thread's opening post is a link the Club's statement? With direct quotes from LD, who's part of the board?

where is the silence?

Pete
17-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Consider the worst case scenarios.

Even if the clause was £500k (which I doubt), that's £500k more than we would've got if he had walked out at the end of his last contract. I know which option I would have chosen.

Even if the money, be it £500k or £1.7million, goes straight into Tom Farmers pocket then so what? We owe him money and it's very Hearts to not even consider paying someone what you owe, interest free or not. We're going to be paying it anyway so what's the difference?

We don't need to pay someone £10k and shell out a transfer fee to find someone to bang in the goals.

Cummings (or Farmer for that matter) owe us nothing. Jason's wages alone were value for the goals, entertainment and camaraderie he's given us and he would still have been worth it on a pay as you go deal.
He's a cup-winning, Heart-breaking legend and I wish him all the best.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 04:17 PM

Even if the clause was £500k (which I doubt), that's £500k more than we would've got if he had walked out at the end of his last contract. I know which option I would have chosen.

Even if the money, be it £500k or £1.7million, goes straight into Tom Farmers pocket then so what? We owe him money and it's very Hearts to not even consider paying someone what you owe, interest free or not. We're going to be paying it anyway so what's the difference?

We don't need to pay someone £10k and shell out a transfer fee to find someone to bang in the goals.

Cummings (or Farmer for that matter) owe us nothing. Jason's wages alone were value for the goals, entertainment and camaraderie he's given us and he would still have been worth it on a pay as you go deal.

I can feel CWG heart racing re STF comments!

Captain Trips
17-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Clauses or not we are all in this together im not argiung about this but here is my thoughts personally when we sell a player whom can fairly be deemed one of our best players I think we should know how much he was sold for. Just my thoughts.

DarlingtonHibee
17-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Clauses or not we are all in this together im not argiung about this but here is my thoughts personally when we sell a player whom can fairly be deemed one of our best players I think we should know how much he was sold for. Just my thoughts.

IMO the club don't want to show their hand to club's that we hope to buy players from.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2017, 04:33 PM
I can feel CWG heart racing re STF comments!
[emoji13]

I've been on here too long to let stuff like that get to me. Ripping my knitting is as bad as it gets 😆

Captain Trips
17-06-2017, 04:38 PM
IMO the club don't want to show their hand to club's that we hope to buy players from.

Not really buying that tbh, we are not going to spend over £1m on a player most clubs we buy from will know we got a fair chunk in so for me its irrelevant in us going forward if everyone knows how much we got. Boyce would be the only player IMO we might spend a lot on and he apparently has a release clause. If we wanted a player who was valued at 100k or more likely market the selling club know we got a fair bit more for JC so if its getting bumped up it will regardless.

superfurryhibby
17-06-2017, 04:40 PM

We are paying it back as agreed already.

Losing one of your best players band the only real goal scoring threat in the side should mean a decent amount of the dosh goes back into the team. We“ve had a long spell at Hibs where we invested in infrastructure. Now is the time to carry on the rebuilding of the football team on the park.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Not really buying that tbh, we are not going to spend over £1m on a player most clubs we buy from will know we got a fair chunk in so for me its irrelevant in us going forward if everyone knows how much we got. Boyce would be the only player IMO we might spend a lot on and he apparently has a release clause. If we wanted a player who was valued at 100k or more likely market the selling club know we got a fair bit more for JC so if its getting bumped up it will regardless.
If we disclosed the fee, how would posters on threads like this spend their days?

Captain Trips
17-06-2017, 04:42 PM
If we disclosed the fee, how would posters on threads like this spend their days?

There is that.

Pete
17-06-2017, 04:46 PM
We are paying it back as agreed already.

Losing one of your best players band the only real goal scoring threat in the side should mean a decent amount of the dosh goes back into the team. We“ve had a long spell at Hibs where we invested in infrastructure. Now is the time to carry on the rebuilding of the football team on the park.

Indeed, and the cash probably will go into player recruitment.

My point was that even in the "worst case" scenarios we're still in a good place.