PDA

View Full Version : Championship winning DVD

hibby6270
16-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Wasn't aware of this. Cant recall reading anything about this.

In the Paul Hanlon thread, the very last line of the interview states:

"The DVD ‘Hibernian Reborn’, which charts the club’s Championship-winning season, will also be on sale shortly."

Is this correct or just the Sun up to their old tricks?

Might not be as big a seller as a well known DVD from a year ago but I'll buy it!!

CallumLaidlaw
16-06-2017, 10:55 PM
It is indeed due to be released.
I believe it's about our 3 year journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
16-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Can't really see that being a big seller to be honest. I don't think I would bother with that.

hibby6270
16-06-2017, 10:57 PM
It is indeed due to be released.
I believe it's about our 3 year journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

hfc rd
16-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Certainly wasn't expecting that and very surprised tbh!

If its anything as good as Time For Heroes then I might purchase it

FranckSuzy
16-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Wasn't aware of this. Cant recall reading anything about this.

In the Paul Hanlon thread, the very last line of the interview states:

"The DVD ‘Hibernian Reborn’, which charts the club’s Championship-winning season, will also be on sale shortly."

Is this correct or just the Sun up to their old tricks?

Might not be as big a seller as a well known DVD from a year ago but I'll buy it!!

It was played at the end of the new strip launch on Wed and whilst I enjoyed it (and it brought back many memories-good and bad!) it's basically a Championship version of Time for Heroes, IMHO.

16-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Won’t watch anything that glorifies 3 years in a dross league

Brooster
16-06-2017, 11:09 PM
I seen most of it on Wednesday night at the strip launch. Well worth buying in my opinion. I dont want to spoil things but the bit about Lennon's first meeting with the players is very interesting.

truehibernian
16-06-2017, 11:26 PM

Relegation, semi finals, league cup final defeat, play off heartaches, scottish cup final win, promotion to the top flight, so nearly another SC final ?

Aye, it's been 3 years of dross right enough :rolleyes::aok:

You are with the club through the good times and the bad times, that would be the point of the DVD. It's been a very emotional journey - few derby wins in there too :cb:greengrin that why it's sticking in yer craw ?

yonder1875
16-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Relegation, semi finals, league cup final defeat, play off heartaches, scottish cup final win, promotion to the top flight, so nearly another SC final ?

Aye, it's been 3 years of dross right enough :rolleyes::aok:

You are with the club through the good times and the bad times, that would be the point of the DVD. It's been a very emotional journey - few derby wins in there too :cb:greengrin that why it's sticking in yer craw ?

Well said.

matty_f
16-06-2017, 11:54 PM
I seen most of it on Wednesday night at the strip launch. Well worth buying in my opinion. I dont want to spoil things but the bit about Lennon's first meeting with the players is very interesting.

:agree: the section on the derby win was really good as well - Lennon played it brilliantly.

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2017, 11:55 PM
Won’t watch anything that glorifies 3 years in a dross leagueWe've spent that last 30 years in a dross league mate, anything celebrating any Hibs achievement is worth watching.

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Charles Bronson was still in Death Wish 2...

woodythehibee
17-06-2017, 12:14 AM
The last 3 years have provided some great moments. It's been a fun journey (albeit with some major lows thrown in) I'll be buying the DVD.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

connerg
17-06-2017, 01:40 AM

The best answer ever.

connerg
17-06-2017, 01:44 AM
We've spent that last 30 years in a dross league mate, anything celebrating any Hibs achievement is worth watching.

What? Did you enjoy us getting relegated? There is dross, that is the top league in Scotland, then there is utter embarrassment mate!

Hfcwilson3192
17-06-2017, 02:20 AM
What? Did you enjoy us getting relegated? There is dross, that is the top league in Scotland, then there is utter embarrassment mate! that relegation was the best thing that ever happened to our club. Through the good times and the bad a support ma team. Half our fans think we play our home games at hampden.

connerg
17-06-2017, 02:44 AM
that relegation was the best thing that ever happened to our club. Through the good times and the bad a support ma team. Half our fans think we play our home games at hampden.

Winning the Scottish Cup after 114 years is the best thing to happen to Hibs, getting promoted after three years in that league is welcome but not worth making a DVD about.

archie
17-06-2017, 03:09 AM
I think it's a really revealing insight into the last season. I've seen some of it and thought it was really interesting and well made. The interviews, particularly Lennon, are extremely frank. Well worth it.

Godsahibby
17-06-2017, 05:54 AM
From what I remember seeing of the DVD on Wednesday it was more to do with how the club has changed over the last few years rather than highlights of 3 years worth of games. The journey to get us where we are.

RoxburghHibs
17-06-2017, 06:14 AM
getting promoted after three years in that league is welcome but not worth making a DVD about.

If you read the comments on this thread that's not what this DVD is about.

Spike Mandela
17-06-2017, 06:22 AM
I will buy ANY Hibs related dvd so I guess I'm an example of the target audience.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Firstly I saw the DVD the other night and it's excellent.

Secondly the last 3 years may not have been in the league we wanted but it's been the 3 most interesting of my time following Hibs. Semi finals, finals, cup wins, highs and lows and eventually getting over the line. It's also seen the size of Hibs fan base emerge and most importantly a solid platform and structure put in place for the club to flourish for years to come.

Has it been frustrating at times? Yes. Would it have been preferable to be promoted quicker? Yes. However the situation was what it was and we have reacted to it. It's been a bit of a journey that the fans, players, manager and club have walked together and a connection that money can't buy has been built. I'll happily buy a DVD that captures some of that.

Those who are 'embarrassed' can keep their money in their pocket. Everyones happy.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2017, 07:12 AM

You'll be fine then as the DVD is not about glorifying 3 years in the championship.

alan1875
17-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know if "Time For Heroes" is on sale in the shop at the moment? Has anyone who was down to buy the new kit notice it on sale? Trying to get a hold of a copy of the DVD for my old man.

tartanhibee
17-06-2017, 08:09 AM
I think the name gives its away Hibernian reborn it has hasn't just been about 3 seasons in the championship,when we were relegated the club was at its lowest ebb I can ever remember and us as fans were disillusioned by the whole thing.

This DVD is about an important time in our history in how we all came together and turned it round the club the fans the community. The last 3 years has been the biggest rollercoaster in my life I see this as closure on a chapter and what a chapter it's been.

I'm glad the club has put together a wee keepsake for me. The marketing name tells it all as we about to head back to premiership our club has indeed been reborn and we all can't wait for the new season. I'll be getting my copy to keep.

SirDavidsNapper
17-06-2017, 08:13 AM
What? We were in the Championship? Don't talk Colin Nish

CapitalGreen
17-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Winning the Scottish Cup after 114 years is the best thing to happen to Hibs, getting promoted after three years in that league is welcome but not worth making a DVD about.

Do you think we would have gone on to win the Scottish Cup if we had stayed up with Butcher and co?

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Firstly I saw the DVD the other night and it's excellent.

Secondly the last 3 years may not have been in the league we wanted but it's been the 3 most interesting of my time following Hibs. Semi finals, finals, cup wins, highs and lows and eventually getting over the line. It's also seen the size of Hibs fan base emerge and most importantly a solid platform and structure put in place for the club to flourish for years to come.

Has it been frustrating at times? Yes. Would it have been preferable to be promoted quicker? Yes. However the situation was what it was and we have reacted to it. It's been a bit of a journey that the fans, players, manager and club have walked together and a connection that money can't buy has been built. I'll happily buy a DVD that captures some of that.

Those who are 'embarrassed' can keep their money in their pocket. Everyones happy.

Great post and even though my first reaction was 'why celebrate neddiocity' and 'embarrassing after Time For Heroes', after reading your comments I found on reflection that I agree with every word. It has been fascinating three years which has heralded the dramatic rebirth of the club, and I'm delighted to commenorate it. Unlike Time For Heroes it won't sell shedloads to glory hunters, but faithful Hibs obsessives will have a keepsake of a period that should have been the darkest in our club's history, but ended up as something very beautiful and transfiguring.

Thecat23
17-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Championship DVD... Mmm let me think about it! That'll be a huge no thanks.

Twiglet
17-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if "Time For Heroes" is on sale in the shop at the moment? Has anyone who was down to buy the new kit notice it on sale? Trying to get a hold of a copy of the DVD for my old man.

Yeah, they had some behind the till last Saturday.

alihibs1
17-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Are Stubbs and Doolan featured

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Anything that documents how well the club has been run over the last 3 years is welcomed by me.

Regardless of what division we've played in, I've never been prouder to say "I'm a hibs fan" - something that became difficult between 2009-2014 and in my (almost 28) years following hibs this is without a doubt been the best period

It won't always be this good so getting an insight in to what has changed would be great to see

HFCdeb
17-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Yeah I bought another copy just yesterday, plenty behind the till.

alan1875
17-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Cheers folks, will pop down and pick one (Time for Heroes DVD) up.

Nicho87
17-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Stick a pic of the Scottish cup on the front as wel. Boost sales

Smartie
17-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Yeah I bought another copy just yesterday, plenty behind the till.

Brilliant.

I can't believe I've still not seen it.

HFCdeb
17-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Brilliant.

I can't believe I've still not seen it.

You need to get on that, you're missing out on something truly brilliant from Hibs. It's so well made. I'm planning on watching it again this evening with a nice bottle of red.
If this Reborn effort is half as good I'll be happy.

Up The Bracket
17-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Any idea when this will be released?

Hfcwilson3192
17-06-2017, 11:35 AM
It was all a process. The championship is a hard league. Theres a few clubs in that league who are premiership stature. Yiv got to mind we had to rebuild from scratch. We also made 2 semi finals and 2 cup finals. Its been a cracking 3 seasons.

lucky
17-06-2017, 01:44 PM
It high on my list of priorities to purchase but will probably end up with a copy. But Hibs have missed a trick not having it out in time for Fathers Day.

lord bunberry
17-06-2017, 07:10 PM
It high on my list of priorities to purchase but will probably end up with a copy. But Hibs have missed a trick not having it out in time for Fathers Day.
Cheers mate you've just ruined my Father's Day. I was thinking I might be getting it tomorrow when my breakfast is delivered to my bed :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
17-06-2017, 08:12 PM
that relegation was the best thing that ever happened to our club. Through the good times and the bad a support ma team. Half our fans think we play our home games at hampden.

I thought we were renaming Hampden as Easter Road West?

connerg
18-06-2017, 02:34 AM
Do you think we would have gone on to win the Scottish Cup if we had stayed up with Butcher and co?

Even if we had stayed up LD would have sacked Butcher and co. Stubbs and his team may well have won the Scottish Cup. Twice.